The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

We’re Disappointed – Fans Need More From Us

9:41 am, Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 45 Comments

Newcastle captain Coloccini has probably nor talked enough during Newcastle’s latest slump, but when he is interviewed he comes across well and says the right thing, and he’s been interviewed again today.

fabricio coloccini at stoke 1-0

Fabricio Coloccini - fans need more from us

The news after Newcastle’s fourth successive loss at Stoke on Saturday was that Colo was involved in a dressing room inquiry into how we have lost our last four games and conceded 12 goals in the process and not managed to score ourselves.

This is what Coloccini has told the Shields Gazette today:

“We have played poorly the last few games,”  “We lost again. We’re disappointed for the fans. They need more from us.”

“We have to think that we’re playing for the shirt and we always have to give 100%. “Sometimes we can’t play well. Sometimes we’re poor, like the last few games.”

“We always give 100%, but we have to improve.” “We have lots of injured players – and they are top players, of course – but we are not playing well.”

“You can have the best players in the world, but if you’re not playing well, you don’t create good chances and it’s difficult to win.”

“It’s a bad period, and we have to look forward and improve.”

Newcastle have four games to play two tough away games at Arsenal and Liverpool, and two winnable home games against the two South Wales clubs, Swansea and Cardiff, who are both fighting relegation.

Two wins in those games could see Newcastle on 52 points and there would be a decent chance we would be in 8th place and at worst 9th place – if we can get those 6 points.

The season has been getting away from Newcastle since the turn of the year, so it would be really good if we can finish fairly  strongly – and that starts with beating Swansea City on Saturday at home.

However if things don’t go well in that game, we could see more banners unfurled in favor of Alan Pardew getting fired, but his dismissal is unlikely to happen, just as long as Newcastle finish in the top ten in the league – which was the target this season.

And that looks almost certain to be the case, as we are 9 points above 11th placed West Ham, with just four games to play.

What do you think?

Tags: Coaching · Fabricio Coloccini · Newcastle News · Premier League

45 responses so far ↓

• 1 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:43 AM

On previous article. It will be a sad day for me when HBA decides to leave. The goal at Everton, the early and interim promise, had me dreaming of the return of the entertainers. Two-three more players of that calibre and we would be set! But, it looks like it won’t happen unless- unless AP is summarily fired, despite the apparent deal that a top 10 means he keeps his job.

BTW, a deal is a deal. If MA made that agreement, yes, he should keep to it. That’s what a gentleman must do, even if I hate the idea and if it was a wrong deal to make.

You guys surely don’t want your team to lose! I’d rather we have 4 shock wins!! It would mean he’s doing something right. This is a results business, let’s face it.

BTW, I was never quite convinced with this guy, from the start. The way he dismissed Routledge as not a PL player (along with many on this blog, it must be admitted) and then spoke about educating fans, etc., no, he never got my vote.

• 2 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Jazzy

May be cracks have widened.

• 3 G // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:44 AM

He doesn’t look like a man giving a 100%. I’m assuming he hasn’t planned on going to the World Cup either, because if I was Argentine manager I would definitely tell him to book a holiday based on his form.

• 4 jazzyp // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Jesper-Morning pal
    Joking aside I can easily see us losing 8-9-10 players this summer.5 are out of contract,3-4 offer very little and are simply not good enough and would be happy to see them moved on.And finally can see us losing a couple of our so called purple players if not more

• 5 jazzyp // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:49 AM

“we have played poorly” And you have been sh@te Colo.Another player who think is on to pastures new come the end of the season.
    But don’t worry guy’s at least we have Willo……he he

• 6 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Jazzyp…morning pal!

…we would need alot of restructure if that happened!

• 7 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:51 AM

G

If fans don’t get a litlle venomous then why would ashley sell?

He is making 30-35 mill easy in a Calendar year. 20 more years of this There is a Billion (at least) + Free advertising.

• 8 Rainrix // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:52 AM

jazzyp…. Dont mock willo, where would our offensive threat from set pieces come from without him? ;)

• 9 jazzyp // Apr 16, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Rainrix
    My apologies mate I had forgot about that aspect of his game lol.
    Jesper
    I agree it would take some effort and money on nufc’s behalf to set the squad up for next season but I don’t see how mashley has a choice mate.We haven’t replaced Cab’s either on top of that list or Ba for that matter.I don’t count loan signing’s as I fail to see how a Pl club can survive on this logic.

• 10 G // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:02 AM

HD, he has the message, he simply doesn’t care mate.
    It’s very difficult to hurt a billionaire. A bit like trying to nail jelly to a tree.

• 11 validator // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Newcastle United must remove Alan Pardew as manager of the club. I am totally correct in my assumptions about this subject and Mr Coloccini is the worst team captain the club has had in recent memory.

• 12 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:13 AM

HD,
    though the spirit of your post is understood and MA has made many many terrible mistakes, I doubt he bought the club to make money, people just don’t buy football clubs to make money. Perhaps he doesn’t want to invest more out of his pocket, granted.

And, btw, also the point that he wants the club to be mediocre doesn’t ring true. These kind of people just don’t think that way. Has the passion and camaraderie with fans gone? I’m sure. Would he sell if a rich sheick walked through his door? I think so. Is he trying to spite NUFC fans? Doubt it, why create an army of enemies?

• 13 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:13 AM

The only saving grace is that we all thought we were heading for the drop this season if we didn’t sign anyone, I suppose we’ll struggle along next season until we’re safe, the whole set up stinks.

• 14 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Simpler to demand AP’s immediate dismissal…

• 15 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM

JFA,
    you asked something a few days ago re MA, but I forget, had to go to work… Do you remember by any chance? :)

• 16 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Jazzyp…and why we don’t replace a player like Ba or Cabaye when we loose them will forever be a mystery to me!

…we are going to have to do it eventually so why wait (now we are just deep in and it will be far more difficult to replace ‘em all)

• 17 validator // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Jail Ashley we are struggling along now you dull thud, we haven’t won a game for weeks or even scored a goal. Please wake up man!

• 18 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Cyprus,
    No, sorry

• 19 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Cyprus

Can’t be accident tht he make approx 12 mill a year off the free advertising.

He has almost doubled his Net worth in last 4 years.

The club has been to hell and back and is currently facing that direction.

we as a club are seriously understaffed and those who are employed are unqualified or under qualified or friends with the owner.

• 20 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM

CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS FOR ME?

Lee charnley used to be below Alan pardew in club’s Hierarchy but is now above him. Is it true?

• 21 validator // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM

If the football season lasted from August to December, Mr Pardew would be classed as a successful manager.

• 22 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:29 AM

HD…I think LC use to be a secretary of something at Newcastle regardless of who is manager.

He worked for NoNuts. He still works for NoNuts, but now he is an executive :)

• 23 validator // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Yet if the football season started in january until May, then Mr Pardew would be classed as hopeless and removed from. office immediately.

• 24 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 10:51 AM

HD,
    I don’t care about how much he makes in honesty. Nor do I want him to be friendly with the fans. Who does that? Abramovich?! I just want whoever is running the club to get me star players and put me into the CL :)

But, he has apparently given the club an interest free loan of a quarter bil. total (includes all sorts of things, I know). (Second only to Abramovich)… At 4.9% APR that would be more than the 12 mil. I personally doubt he ever gets his money back, unless we become a regular CL club. Which, it is claimed, he is not ambitious enough to do.

• 25 Rotonda heights // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:01 AM

fans need more that’s for damn sure but you’re clearly not the man to deliver it pardew. In any other walk of life he would have been fired a long long time ago.

• 26 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Validator,
    I think you misunderstood my point, no need to call you a half wit.

• 27 cestriasteve // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I think Pardews team first half of the season had the best structure he has had under his Stewardship. Cabaye goes and he hasn’t got plan b.

On a previous thread I also agree with what someone said Marveaux had more assists than cabaye but he doesn’t fit into Pardews Plan A he wants a more combative Attacking Midfielder, in Reims he played much more forward and scored something like 13 goals and had 12 assists. In my opinion plan b should have been Marveaux playing behind a lone striker in a 5 man midfield. Just a thought.

On Cabaye replacement it isn’t Remy Cabella, Grenier is much more in the cabaye mode.

• 28 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:11 AM

If you had to choose between these two quarreling parties who would it be?

Hey, there’s a poll for you Ed.

• 29 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Marveaux was at Rennes not Reims.

Marveaux and cabaye and we played the best against Reading last year.

Pardew still managed to destroy that by putting Anita and Bigi on for them.

We lost 2-1 and ended up with a MF of

Perch Bigi and Anita

• 30 JAMSHA // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:30 AM

ethiotoon

4k video downloader or idm to downlod from youtube… i get around 12 mb transfer rate with these software

• 31 Bambams // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Bit of a hidden dig at Pards there.

“Even if you have the best players in the world if you are not playing well …..

There were reports colo and pards had a fall out after the Everton match.

What a mess

• 32 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Cyprus…we can all choose side and believe what we want.

I am not so gullible to think Benny is blameless, but neither do I think Parsnip is (and that is my being nice ;) )

I am on Benny, Marv and any other player at Newcastle that have been Pardewed!

• 33 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:34 AM

*side

• 34 theartfuldodger // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Remy and debuchy wont make a difference. Let them come back. We will still lose.

• 35 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:44 AM

I was reading that article in the Guardian about our classy manager, somebody made a great point in the comments section about how well we played with that front three of Ba, Cisse and HBA yet never seen that formation again.

• 36 cyprus // Apr 16, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Jesper, accepted. My vote? For pre-pardewed HBA ;)

• 37 Jamseyd24 // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Guys, First question, as I am not from Newcastle and I am out in the middle east, can some of you local guys tell me, is it the whole of the city now against Pards or is it just the bloggers???
    Secondly if he does go who do you think would be a serious option to replace him??

• 38 wolfshead@toon // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:12 PM

G
    colo has already placed his towel over a pool side sun lounger

• 39 MosesNUFC // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Jamsey i should imagine its nearly the whole city now. And if he does go it has to be Laudrup to replace him.

• 40 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Jamsey,
    Most bloggers on here aren’t from the area, everyone has had enough of Ashley and therfore have cut Pardew a bit of slack over the last two years, 12 losses out of seventeen and the general consensus is get rid of the snivelling deluded smary tw@t.

• 41 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Correction
    Most blogers don’t live in the area !

• 42 DokToon // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:38 PM

even with our sad debacle as of late, to cheer for our club to lose every game suggests idiocy or just being a mackem troll…

• 43 Jail for Ashley // Apr 16, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Dok,
    I don’t ghink many will be cheering our defeats but looking on sadly not giving a fusk, we’re not going to be relegated and look to finish within our stated objective, if losing a few meaningless games toward the end of another sorry season helps get rid of this brown tongued lothario then so be it.

• 44 dcdick // Apr 16, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Pardew Out !!!

• 45 joenufc // Apr 16, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Same old same old, careful colo pardews verbal diarrhoea starting to rub off on you.

previous post: Report Ben Arfa To Return To France In Summer