The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Swansea?

7:39 am, Thursday, April 17th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

nufc emblemswansea

Let us know how you think Newcastle will do against Swansea City this Saturday afternoon, in our home game at St. James’ Park.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Swansea?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Note: Craig Finnigan is a Newcastle fan and graduated from Newcastle College in 2011, and he has created a one-off key ring, and all the profits will go to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.
You can view and buy the specially designed key ring here.

Thanks.

Tags: Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

9 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Apr 17, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Ha ha looks like me Jesper and Santon voted, I went for the draw btw.

• 2 Jail for Ashley // Apr 17, 2014 at 7:58 AM

44 voters and one comment, no wonder SJP is a morgue these days.

• 3 Laurent Robert 32 // Apr 17, 2014 at 8:01 AM

In the pre-match interviews just before he was allowed back in the stadium, Pardew very boastfully proclaimed that his presence and personality will have been a big miss to the players in the build up to kick off.

As we have seen, he’s full of it. That hasn’t helped at all.

I really just don’t know how to predict scores for us at the moment, because usually Pardew gets his lucky last minute goal with papers over the cracks for another run of games.

How he can dare say their goal last game was a fluke when we have had a number of fortunate goals to nick games is unreal.

I really dispise him as well as Ashley for thinking it’s ok for keeping him.

• 4 Laurent Robert 32 // Apr 17, 2014 at 8:01 AM

*despise

• 5 Laurent Robert 32 // Apr 17, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Jail, the atmosphere at the ground is appalling.

I’m a ‘singer’ at games. Starting them and joining in immediately. This and through some of last year, I’ve been so flat that I haven’t even felt like singing. That is absolutely unheard of for me in over 20 years of having season tickets and attending matches.

They really are ruining it. All for the sake of advertising a brand. Disgusting.

• 6 Slank // Apr 17, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Certain win for us. I would like to see Dan Gosling start. I have been very impressed with his recent games. He has excellent workrate and is always looking to get into the penalty area. I hope Ameobi doesn’t start as I don’t see the point as he is leaving the club in the summer. I know Gosling’s contract is up too but I still think there is a place for him at the club.

Despite what the papers are saying about Ben Arfa I would like him to start too as he probably generates more chances for himself and more importantly for others than any other player at the club.

In my heart I would like Armstrong to start too but perhaps a full 90 minutes is too much. A better option would be to bring him on at the start and not near the end of the second half as has been the case in recent games where he really hasn’t had enough time to show what he is capable of.

I would play Goofy even though he looks knackered as I don’t see an alternative except for Marveaux who seems persona non grata.

I think we should play 4-3-3 with Cisse up front with Ben Arfa and Goofy either side. In midfield Tiote, Anita and Gosling who has licence to get into the box to support Cisse. In defence it’s a combination of the usual suspects with Colo and Williamson in the centre and Santon on the right and Haidara on the left.

• 7 anthc // Apr 17, 2014 at 8:30 AM

To be fair theres not alot to sing about they’ve been appalling the last several home games. We really are in the brown smelly stuff and I’m personally dreading next season.

• 8 Marty-Toon // Apr 17, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Can’t see us scoring but can see them scoring so that’d be a loss for us in my eyes

• 9 hadthetshirt // Apr 17, 2014 at 2:20 PM

If Laudrup had still been in charge I would go for 2-0 to them.Since it’s that judge from the Voice (the kaiser chief) I go for 0-0 as he’s as bad as pardwho.Also pardwho will park the bus to stop the rot and then claim weez izz improving at Noo Car sill .

previous post: Newcastle Set Sights On Arsenal Defender