The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – Newcastle Fans Want Me Out

7:45 am, Saturday, April 19th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 11 Comments

Alan Pardew knows he is in trouble with the fans at Newcastle United, after a terrible year of results so far, with five defeats in the last six games and four defeats on the trot.

alan pardew

Alan Pardew – last week at the Britannia Stadium

And before today’s important game at home to struggling Swansea, Pardew has talked about the trouble he is in – at least with the fans:

“I would suspect that more than half the fans would want me out.” “It’s somewhat frustrating because I want the respect of these people and when you haven’t got it, it hurts, I’m not going to hide from that.”

“Opinions do change, though,” “And I’m determined to change the fans’ opinions.” “This is a club which brings a lot of pressure and you do feel that pressure.”

“It’s been a tough week. There’s a lot of pressure on my players to win this game, but the team is not playing with great confidence.”

If things don’t go well this afternoon then things could boil over at St. James’ Park very quickly, and last week there were banners wanting Pardew out – so it’s important for the side, and for Alan Pardew in particular, to get a good start in this match.

If Swansea do go ahead, things could get very nasty very quickly.

Let’s hope we have both Loic Remy and Mathieu Debuchy back in the side from injury – we hope it’s 52,000 at the ground – and we hope we can get our first win in five games.

That’s what’s needed to lift the mood on Tyneside today.

Note: Craig Finnigan is a Newcastle fan and graduated from Newcastle College in 2011, and he has created a one-off key ring, and all the profits will go to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.
You can view and buy the specially designed key ring here.

Thanks.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Other News · Premier League

11 responses so far ↓

• 1 bishopblaize // Apr 19, 2014 at 8:01 AM

He ain’t gonna walk, too much money at stake (sourness was same, was thinking of is family not the fans)

It’s bollox that football can still pay well even if an individual is really bad at their job or role.

I sack people often for under performing with little regret when it’s my time and investment that fails.

But I don’t have world wide academy’s nurturing the youth into the type of business I have (but if they was such a thing I’d definitely be able to train anyone that’s made the grade to my way of thinking)

I used to defend Pardew thinking if he had a chance to pick the Celebs he wants on the pitch then we’d be competing at the top.

Like I said, my game ain’t football but I can train some to work at a level that would be expected top if their field so I thinks I’m with most of you guys now ..

But who gonna come

Roberto Di Matteo my Vote

• 2 mindcompressor // Apr 19, 2014 at 8:02 AM

So, did he notice that plenty of fans doesn’t support him just after almost 2 seasons? :) I think year ago was the same fans’ attitude. This year at least we are not fighting to avoid relegation…

So, if he need 1 year to notice that if there is no win attitude in team, no tactics, shitty personal choices and finally no results – he perfectly fits to philosophy of the club. We sold Caroll and there was no replacement for a while, now the same with Cabaye…

So, everything is with delay – even understanding obvious things – like new transfers, especially after selling key players and dissatisfaction of fans with play like this?

Damn…

• 3 Assam Toon // Apr 19, 2014 at 8:02 AM

We have suffered many humiliating defeats this season and personally wouldn’t mind a few more if it leads to the end of Pardew era. But it will be even more damaging if Pardew isn’t sacked after a few more humiliating defeats. Seriously I think there is a better manager somewhere who can make us prosper with zero investment. So common swans,if that is what it takes to get Pardew out. Wouldn’t have said it last season though.

• 4 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 19, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Parsnip if you want the respect of the fans then how long time do you think you should be given before you either get the sack or you walk?…in the respect of the fans!

• 5 mindcompressor // Apr 19, 2014 at 8:06 AM

@ bishopblaize,

hello :) yeah I think Di Matteo could be good guy, at least for a while. I was writing before that shame that club didn’t hire him as ‘care taker’ (like Chelsea did before), when we lost Pardew for 7 games. It was obvious that game under Carver will be the same type of ‘tactic’, just worse.

We could bring Di Matteo for 7 games or till the end of season just for experiment – to see how players with with him, how our game will present, etc.

If I cannot come to work for 2 months or so, it is obvious that somebody competent is replacing me till I will be able to get back. Not my assistant, but person who is experienced to do the same job. And when I’m coming back he is leaving. Of course there is a risk that if I was shitty worker and somebody other could do much better – he can stay and I will go permanently…

Well, good to dream :)

• 6 70TWO // Apr 19, 2014 at 8:07 AM

He still doesn’t get it, my opinion hasn’t changed about him but reverted due to his inability to develop into a top half PL manager.

• 7 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 19, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Well in football I think that would be disrespectful to the manager!

…If you gonna bring someone in for 7 games then surely you have sack Parsnip?

• 8 ganiyu // Apr 19, 2014 at 8:25 AM

asking for pardews sack means that fans have lost faith in his ability to manage our cash strapped club. but Ashley holds the final decisions to keep him since he is the only manager I believe that suits his policies

• 9 Marty-Toon // Apr 19, 2014 at 8:28 AM

No manager would come for seven games, knowing that the real manager is sitting in the stands.
    LMA wouldn’t allow it happen either as you’d be undermining the manager of the club.

• 10 magicbus // Apr 19, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Can imagine Ashley keeping him just to wind us all up.

• 11 isleofmanman // Apr 19, 2014 at 1:24 PM

The man must be psychic or psychotic
    Probably both