Armstrong – It’s A Boy’s Dream To Play At St. James’ Park

Adam Armstrong made his third appearance for his home town club Newcastle United on Saturday afternoon, and it was the first time the home crowd have seen the talented England U17 youngster, who looked good in those last ten minutes.

adam armstrong home debut

Adam Armstrong – making home debut on Saturday

The Newcastle-born youngster, who lives in Chapel House estate was buzzing after the game, and he said this about playing for the first team for the very first time ever – at St. James’ Park:

“It felt amazing to get out there,” “Like I always say, it’s a boy’s dream to play at St. James’ Park and I’m really happy, but at the end of the day it’s about the results and we didn’t get that so everyone’s gutted.”

“I had all my family and my friends here watching me which is just what you want really, it’s a really good feeling.” “It was a buzz, they were clapping when I was coming on. It was amazing, there’s nothing else I can say.”

“I’m just looking to work hard this week in training, and hopefully I can get in the squad for next week,” “If I do get on, that’s just a massive plus and it’d be amazing to play at the Emirates.”

“I see it as a challenge. Obviously I came on against Stoke last week and got a few touches of the ball, and got a few touches of the ball against Swansea, so it’s great. I’ve just got to keep working hard in training and hopefully keep getting in the squad.”

“Maybe I can get a start – we’ll see how things go in training, see that I’m working hard, see what the gaffer thinks, and hopefully I can, but you never know.”

Newcastle fans don’t have too much to crow about at the moment, but Adam Armstrong is a very exciting local youngster, who has always looked good in his short three cameo appearances for the side, and it would be interesting to see how Adam would do if he starts a game.

The 17 year-old will be representing England in Malta next month in the European U17 Championships, along with young goalkeeper Freddie Woodman – so we’ll be watching how our two lads do in those games, but they were both outstanding for England in the Elite qualifying rounds last month.

We’d love to see Adam start at the Emirates next Monday night, but we cannot see Alan Pardew doing that, and he will probably want to keep his faith in the more experienced players available.

What do you think?

• Bambams

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Thus lad should of been brought on earlier in the season when we were winning games 3-0 and 4-0 …….

Christ I cant remember the last time that happened…..

Good luck son.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:45 AM

On topic from previous thread, apart from Sissokho and Santon and players we have sold or haven’t bought yet who was actually missing yesterday.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Those few touches will stand you in good stead Adam lad.

This is what happens when you have a young ST looking up to Shola, Cisse and recently De Jong.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Jail…Are you kidding? Papiss went off early and you could sense he was having a good day. I reckon he may have been in their box towards the end of the game and he may have been able to pretend to shoot at some stage.

Who knows what impact on the game that could have had, the ball may have been near him when he shot!

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Ibiza,
    That’s my trouble, I lack the foresight of other great bloggers !

• cyprus

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Son,
    I know this is a lot to ask from a kid, but we need more than a few touches. In fact, we are looking for a miracle worker. I honestly can’t comment if you are that. Sure hope you are the new Rooney Milner… No pressure now 🙂

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Someone posted a couple of threads back the difference in prize funds of the PL places
    The difference between 10th and 11th was £800k that is probably a fraction of what the bonuses he would have to pay out to the players and staff would be
    If we got 11th Ashley will be jumping for joy, despite Jespers claims 11th would hit him harder financially

• Ibizatoon

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Jail…Don’t worry, stick with me and I’ll see you right.

Oh, you said great bloggers? Never mind then.

I have never wanted a season to end so badly, more so than last season and that is saying something.

Whilst I don’t expect anything to change this summer, I can’t shake that “common sense” part of my brain that says something has to give soon. Surely we can’t just continue along as we are?

I like to think I’m more detached to the club than I was, but would it be as frustrating as it is, if I was?

I don’t even live in the area. I wonder how anti-depressants are selling in the NE these days?

• cyprus

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Does this team actually have some decent footballers that I’d fancy if they were in other teams?

Krul: a very good goalie knocking on Holland’s door for first choice. Lousy kicker.
    Debuchy: anybody knocking Sagna out of first choice must be extremely good.
    Santon: excellent dribbler and prospect! can’t defend or shoot.
    Tiote: a regular for Ivory Coast, always available, top DM.
    Sissokho: top athlete, can even score, could be at Yaya’s level one day.
    HBA: Out of this world dribbler, can do magic, best overall talent at NUFC. Erratic performances, may have been pardewed.
    People who could come good: Haidara, MYM, Cisse (what happened to this lethal player?? Pardewed?)… Marveaux Anita: honourable mention. Gouffran too.

So, we need like 10 players! And that’s if those 6 I mentioned as stand outs stay!

Yep, we in trouble.

• scout

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Id have came out and said “I cant believe Shola is getting in ahead of me, this manager is a joke” would have gone down a storm with the fans

• Shola Pure Legend

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM

What happened to Campbell he can’t even get a game for St Mirren. He was the next Shearer 18 months ago, Whats happening at our club players never seem to improve under Pardews leadership.

• The next Mike Williamson

Apr 21, 2014 at 1:25 PM

When he picks Arstrong he should pick him in his position. Whenever Pardew is forced to play a youth he always plays them out of position. It’s hard enough for them anyway. Look at Dummet. He’s played CD, LW, LWB. Campbell played on the wing. Armstrongs on the wing. Then he decides after 3 or 4 cameo roles they aren’t good enough and publicly criticises them and drops them for the Shola.