The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Interested In Ipswich Left Back

9:05 am, Friday, April 25th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 6 Comments

News in the Journal this morning that Newcastle are interested in 24 year-old Ipswich left-back Aaron Cresswell, and we were first linked with this player last August so Newcastle have been following this player for a while now.

Aaron Cresswell

Aaron Cresswell - Ipswich left back

Davide Santon may leave the club in the summer, and we suppose if a club comes in for him and meets Mike Ashley’s valuation of the player he’s gone – but that’s also true of any other player on the books at Newcastle.

Since joining Ipswich Town, Aaron has looked a very good left back and has played 136 times with seven goals and 25 assists for the Tractor Boys.

And his solid performances have a number of Premier League clubs like Aston Villa, Burnley and Cardiff City, as well as Newcastle interested in the player, who has never been capped at any level by England.

The 5’7″ tall Cresswell had an outstanding first season at Ipswich, and he was the fans’ Player of the Year, and over the last three seasons he’s played 112 times for Ipswich in the Championship.

Aaron is a Liverpool lad and joined Ipswich from Tranmere Rovers in the summer of 2011, and while at Tranmere he played 76 times with 6 goals and 7 assists.

But Newcastle have Paul Dummett, Massadio Haidara and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa available to play at left back, so it doesn’t say too much of their chances at Newcastle, if the club are looking to bring in another left back.

Davide Santon is settled at Newcastle, and of course he has a girlfriend in Newcastle, and they had a baby girl – Sienna – last summer, and the news is that Davide wants a contract extension to stay on Tyneside.

Well at least somebody is happy and wants to stay at Newcastle these days. :D

What do you think?

Tags: Davide Santon · Newcastle News · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

6 responses so far ↓

• 1 bobby mango // Apr 25, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Wow! What a link. Probably the only position where we’re over endowed. Even if we did get him he wouldn’t improve the 1st team.

• 2 Rotonda heights // Apr 25, 2014 at 9:14 AM

haidara, santon, dummet yeah like it’s a real priority!!

• 3 TurkishFan101 // Apr 25, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Repost:

BandB & and Toons Fans

I love sharing information with fellow toon fans, I have nothing to hide, I see everyone here like family.

And like family situations we argue, rant, have a laugh, apologise and it gets repeated in a cycle.

About my university life thanks, I had promised my mum that I will attend university as I am the only son/daughter in family to be attending university.

Now, I will not lie to you. I am not enjoying what I do at university at all, but its life and a promise I caanot break no matter how stressful and de-motivated I may be.

Its getting harder in life to survive, more poor expanding while the rich don’t give any 2 pence about the people.

By this rate in a year or two, middle class will be vanished and only the rich and poor will remain.

I will be entrepreneur in the near future (hopefully) if everything goes to plan and one day I promise with the money I recoup I promise to buy out Newcastle United.

What is interesting is that nanoscience will be what’s most important at the moment in technology. The smaller we increase and expand technology such as graphic card at the moment they are 28nm at the lowest but Intel has worked on 14nm which is amazing as such a small chip is capable of monstrous power and very little power compared to the 28nm from nvidia and AMD but it is yet to be public.

The future in technology department is nanoscience to decrease the power outputted, to be echofriendly and show amazing power at the same time.

Combining nanoscience with software engineering is where all the money will be mostly pumped.

Especially the programming of the machines!

That’s my outlay.

• 4 TurkishFan101 // Apr 25, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Expanding on nanoscience I forgot to add.

Its not only graphics card but everything in the technology department and its important now and also in the future.

“chip is capable of monstrous power and very little power”

And by this I meant outsource little power which saves tons of electricity and can be switched to solo-powered panels to power most technology in near future.

Peace :D

• 5 ganiyu // Apr 25, 2014 at 9:34 AM

is Turkish fan 101= Turkish magpie ?

• 6 Oldgit1 // Apr 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM

All you people expecting or hoping that Pardew will be sacked are in for a big disappointment, I can say with a 100% certainty that Pardew will stay and see out the full length of his contract.

Big mike has the perfect guy as manager, he can do what he likes and lets Pardew take all the flack. He sells all our best players as it was always his plan, buy cheap then sell on big.

Does anyone think that any other manager brought in would bow down to big mike and toe the party line.

Finishing 11th won’t bother mike the team stayed up that is what matters and then he can declare a profit next January and show the football world how to manage a football team. That is his only incentive his addiction is making a profit.

Sorry guys but that’s the way it will be for the next 5 years and beyond. He does not give a flying fcuk about supporters.

So to recap, as long as we avoid relegation he is a happy man. No interest in cups or Europe as he would have to increase the squad which costs money. This is mikes way.

previous post: Newcastle Were Just Two Points Behind Liverpool