Loic Remy – It’s A Crazy Situation For Newcastle

The good news for Monday night’s game at Arsenal is that Newcastle will have all three Frenchmen back in the side – Remy, Debuchy and Sissoko – but the bad news is that Arsenal will be fielding their strongest possible side on Monday night – with top players back from injury.

loic remy yellow hull city

Loic Remy – we can decide who wins and who goes down

And don’t tell Loic Remy that it’s  very negative on Tyneside at the moment, because he feels it can be exciting in the last few games of the season for Newcastle.

That’s because we can decide who wins the league, who gets relegated, and who qualifies for the Champions League as we play Arsenal, Cardiff City and Liverpool in our last three games of the season.

This is what Loic Remy has said in the Chronicle today:

“We could still decide who goes down and who wins the title.” “And that is a crazy situation.” “We can cause the big clubs some difficulties and maybe make things tougher for the teams who are fighting as well.”

“For me, that means the end of the season will be exciting.” “People have said we are finished for the season but I don’t see that.”

“The players are training well and working well.”  “It maybe hasn’t been as good a season as we wanted it to be.” “But we will keep giving everything until the final whistle of the final game of the season.”

“Football is about enjoyment.”  “We go out to enjoy playing and we want the fans to enjoy watching us.”  “Hopefully we can all enjoy the final games of the season.”

“I’m pleased but I know I could score more, so I’m not completely happy.”  “When you look at how many games I have played in it is a good statistic.”

“But I am always thinking that I can score even more.” “And if I do that then the team would be higher up the table.”

“I look at good strikers like Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge, who have scored more than 20 goals this season, and I realise my total is OK, but not enough.”

Those are good words from Remy – but only that – words – and we have had other players talk to the press during this very bad run and make positive statements – but then we play in the next game and lose that one too.

That reminds us of what happened in our relegation season in 2009 during the run-in  … whoops – I just got a pain in my arm just thinking about it.

We just have to hope that with the three Frenchmen back, Newcastle will like a much better side, than we have looked in our last five games.

But we also have to be realistic (damn it),  and can anybody really see us getting anything out of the games at Arsenal and Liverpool?

We don’t – but the good news is that we’ve been wrong before – so there’s always hope.

Hope springs eternal – as they say.

What do you think?

• firebug666

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:18 AM

repost:

I think a lot of players will want to leave, but some will be held back by their contract and a whole bunch of false and empty promises of ambition for the future.

Every single club has a firm and realistic plan of what they can achieve each season, and a give it our best shot in the cup games, that’s every club except Newcastle United.

Newcastle have already said they will not push for Europe, they are not interested in competing for any domestic cups, and a top ten finish will do nicely.

So do our players agree with the clubs strategy? Has the manager and backroom staff sabotaged the season?

It certainly seems so looking at some of the line-ups we have put out lately.

The simple fact is that if you go to a shop and buy a product, but when you get home and open it it is not as described you take it back and get a refund. Why can’t the same thing happen with football, we are not getting the product we have paid for therefore we should be entitled to a refund.

• martoon

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:19 AM

repost:
    Turkish – off football topic – If you think there is money in technology then think again. I’ve worked in hardware and software engineering all my working life and I’ve always been irritated by the fact the accountants and salesmen in the company earn a lot more than I do!
    Despite our spats I enjoy your postings – you are rapidly becoming the new Ruddy/Ciaran 🙂

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Papiss cisse on the right

Alan PArdew would play

Mario Gomez and Van Nistelroy on the right in favor of Shola.

• TurkishFan101

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM

martoon

There is big money from nanoscience and software engineering.

Its just how the individual approaches the take in creative thinking.

I’m guessing you have done programming before, if so which languages?

I see nanoscience as a bigger involvement in industry wise than software engineering but it can be involved together.

Thanks 🙂

• TurkishFan101

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:45 AM

ganiyu

After searching very old posts from 2010 it appears there was a TurkishMagpie.

I’ve been reading the blog since 2008 but did not register for quiet a while.

But if I recall, I may of had an old account which I lost the password for but I just don’t seem to remember!

But I doubt its me

• mag

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:52 AM

If he continues with Colocini and Dummett then it’ll be a good hiding.

• Go toon gooooo

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:55 AM

You ask what do you think?Thinking is that IF Pardew plays Sissoko nearly as a striker(he has poor effect on that position-once someone said headless chicken) and plays Anita in the first squad we will simply LOSE next game.This is Arsenal and Remy to score goal or goals(unbeleivable although possible for that class of striker) against them MUST everything to be perfect.Ben Arfa or Marveaux MUST play.I hope not again that awful 1-0 in Arsenal favour.And i’m sure that Newcastle will ruin Liverpool hopes in the last game with current squad.

• martoon

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Turkish @4 – I tend to work on real time embedded stuff so it is mainly ‘C’ with the occasional assembly interface driver. Spent a lot of my life working with Microchip PICs.
    Back to football – Hopefully Remy will have a good game against Arsenal as he will want to impress his new manager 🙂

• TurkishFan101

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:06 AM

martoon

Nice mate, I currently program in C and Java. Don’t really get into it tbh…

Yeah back on topic-

We have lost even before the game kicks off so…

Hope for a crystal palace and stoke victory so they can finish above us and stopping the lot getting paid a big bonus.

• ganiyu

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:14 AM

krul.
    colocinni
    debuchy
    mapou
    santon
    Anita
    Remy
    Goufrann
    Williamson
    these player’s are the core contributors to Newcastle this season

• firebug666

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Turkish

I agree, we cannot get relegated, we have nothing to play for, and our players do not deserve a bonus, so yeah 11th for this season will do.

• firebug666

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM

In fact the bonus should be given to the long suffering fans, they are the ones who are deserving of it.

• ganiyu

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM

@ turkish have you ever heard of the ground Engineering ? I think it is more lucrative than software engineering.

• TurkishFan101

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:28 AM

ganiyu

I did no hear about it, upon more research the information about ground engineering has been very common as of late, I heard information about it but never knew it was called ground engineering.

Sounds interesting thanks, looks like a worthy job as well!

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Just to tell you What I was told.

NUFC players have been given 3 days off this week.

Do the coaching staff even want to work?

• toonking

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM

it was freddy shepard first then it was shola now we’ve had statements from malcolm.

what more is required to prove, everyone in the club is as bad as each other weather that be players manager or owner they all causing destruction.

• firebug666

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM

HD

If that’s true it just about typifies Newcastle this season. If you have no ambition then there is no need to bother working.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM

is it wrong to want ashley to have a heart attack? Not fatal but enough to make him realise he needs to drop football. moral dilemma….hmmm…!

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Firebug

Was told this by a local NUFC Journalist, having read articles recently you always read, the players are given a day off

You wouldn’t believe how many off days players get.

I guess Pardew in London doesn’t help.

• stuart no9

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Giving the players 3 days off dosnt surprise me in the least . Pardew likes his holidays more than most managers . It seems he and the team always have a week away in Dubai in January when every other team are playing in the fa cup 4th round . Maybe that’s why he can’t get past the 3rd round . Holly wolly woos in Dubai ? Can’t miss that can we ??

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM

RH

I would want him to go through what each fan has gone through.

Average could be worse, could be better.

• Munster Mag

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Turkish Mag, I appreciated your list of european managers – suggest you send them on to Ashley. I’m afraid the rest of your discussion with Ibiza yesterday was more of a statement of optimism that an argument in fact. Ashley only cares about money and advertising. If he could get a decent academy together he would do so. But he has been here years and his appointments have been poor so i dont know why you think we are serious about producing real quality at youth level. The last numpty he employed didnt even know Ferguson was in Birmingham!! Pretty much all of his appointments have been jobs for the boys. The classic example is Pardew – how did he get this gig unopposed – there were NO interviews with other candidates. It defied belief at the time. And still does.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Stuart

You missed the Benders in Tenerife

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Don’t forget

We need an academy coach as well.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:12 PM

HD – might be difficult to judge this week and last week in respect of “days off”per week. Last week we had Good Friday and on Monday we had Easter Monday -which are both public holidays in the UK -most folk are off work -apart from some shop workers/essential services.
    However, it is a totally different question as to whether the players/coaches deserved to get an additional day off -they probably did not.
    To me this is similar to players being allowed to go home to recuperate or for whatever other reason (not emergencies etc) the Toon are more like a travel agent these days.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Tuffs

Its not just this week. it’s a recurring theme.

• Ancientcoptic

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Yes, the end of the season really is going to be truly “exciting,” based on the results of OTHER clubs we get to play.

I know Remy is only trying to put a positive spin on things, but it irks me slightly when players attempt to spin it. This club is nothing short of being in crisis… saying stupid things does not help.

There is nothing exciting about possibly getting a draw against Cardiff to send them down.

As for Liverpool, Remy may want to hold back his excitement on effecting the title race. Liverpool will be playing us with odds similar to what you get see on Bayern Munich playing Augsburg.

• Ciaran

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Afternoon folks.

Just thought I’d drop in to quickly say that the Newcastle United Supporters Trust have issued their survey asking you for who you think is the ‘Player of the Year’ as well as a few questions about how happy you are with the running of the club both on and off the field. If you would like to make your feelings known you can find the survey here:

Also, many of you have probably already seen this published in the newspapers/online but NUST are also holding an open meeting concerning the land-sale issue by the Gallowgate thus affording Newcastle United fans a platform to talk about what is a huge issue affecting the future growth of our club.

The meeting will be held on 1st May at the Mining Institute (it’s near Central Station) and will begin at 7.30pm. I hope to see some of you there.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Augsburg beat Bayern 1-0 2 weeks ago witha goal from sasha Molders.

More like Fuerth or Koln

• Ancientcoptic

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Himanshu Dhingra – I was talking about the odds, not the result. (Not after Bayern Munich had won the title and had Champions League on their minds)

• Ancientcoptic

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:28 PM

I also specified Bayern Munich playing at home 😉

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I was only joking. Pls don’t mind.

• Munster Mag

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I reckon Liverpool will beat us 6-0 , maybe 5-0. It could be enough to end Pardew, but I cant see Ashley sacking him.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 25, 2014 at 1:04 PM

munster – as you suggest I think the order of the day for the final game will be an embarassing 5/6 – 0 drubbing by the new champions -televised to millions worldwide -to show us up even more.
    Fisrt things first though -Monday night -Wenger seems to have injected a bit more fight into his team -to secure CL. So another spanking in the order of 3/4 – 0 is on the cards.

• Blofal

Apr 25, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Newcastle are paying $9 to beat Arsenal.

Crystal Palace are better odds to beat Man City for Christ sake.

I would put a cheeky one on if I wasn’t so sure we were going to lose.

• Average_Contents

Apr 25, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Ciaran

Already done it bud 🙂 scathing attack on fatty was the order of the morning I just couldn’t help myself in the “anything to add” box

• Average_Contents

Apr 25, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Mister Tuff

I think your being a bit generous to arsenal there me ole muckar! Why didn’t you know percy is back on Monday and will make a MASSIVE difference

Infact I’d go as far to say he’ll no doubt score the winner and make multiple goal line clearances then dedicate the win to his best bud mikey 😉

• NUFC STEVE

Apr 25, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Harry Redknapp
    Assistants: Ferdinand + Ginola
    Return of the entertainers.

• davetoon

Apr 25, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Arsenal looked a lot better last week with Ramsey back but with our best players back in, I have to have some money on the 10/1.

We need to make Remy an offer he can’t refuse for next season – 100k a week. Noone else would offer that except for if he wants to warm the bench at PSG

• TurkishFan101

Apr 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Thanks mate, did the survey couple of minutes after you posted the link.

Was interested me was it asked if I was willing to put in £500 as part as fans stakeholder. I agreed to, so I hope if we work together as fans we can surely buy out Mike Ashley??

But that would be very hard to get £500 for every nufc out there as even 200k fans that put £500 each still could not buy him out as he will not accept £100m no? that would mean we would need at least 600k+ fans?

Correct me if I am wrong