The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle After Top 18 Year-Old English Midifelder

3:14 pm, Sunday, April 27th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 303 Comments

Bamidele Jermaine Alli, better known as Delle Alli, is an 18 year-old English midfielder who plays currently for Milton Keynes Dons, and the Sunday Sun are reporting today that Newcastle are interested bringing the youngster to Tyneside in the summer.

delle ali  -1

Delle Alli – 18 year-old English midfielder

The midfielder made his debut for his home town club as a 16 year-old back in November of 2012, in a 0–0 draw with Cambridge City in the FA Cup,

Since then the 6’2″ attacking midfielder has played a total of 52 times for his club with 8 goals and 4 assists, and he has played 9 times for the England U17 side and twice for the England U18 side.

Alli only  turned 18 earlier this month, and the right footed player would be one for the future, and likely go straight into the Development squad.

And this again shows that Newcastle are after some home-based players this summer, and we could also see a number of Frenchmen  leave the club in the summer.

They could include Gabby Obertan, Sylvain Marveaux, Ben Arfa and of course Loic Remy will also be moving on.

Newcastle have also been linked with other Englishmen in the summer including Arsenal’s Carl Daniel Jenkinson, Blackpool’s Tom, Ince and Manchester United’s Wilfried Zaha and Danny Welbeck.

What do you think?

Tags: Gabriel Obertan · Hatem Ben Arfa · Newcastle News · Recruitment · Sylvain Marveaux · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

303 responses so far ↓

• 1 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:21 PM

took KK
    “There’s a mixture of everything going on at Newcastle, an unfit squad lacking quality, Pardew and his strange boring tactics, fans expecting too much from a team not strong enough and of course our main problem MA with no ambition other than line his pockets and advertise SD.
    even SJP looks like a SD advert.
    All a bit of a mess really.”

that’s just how i see it mate.
    if everyone would balance things out then the blog would probably not have this arguing that has happened recent weeks.

we could still have one who is the actual bateria itself, which i would have as mike ashley, the rest of the club can themselves be the part of the body that is getting attacked and spreading it out so thats pardew, coaches, players, fans and fitness physio, finally comes the cure of this disease and with me it would be that ashley either sells the club or spends lots of money this summer on quality.

• 2 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:22 PM

It’s good to see us linked to so much potential talent but…………………..!

I stand by what I’ve said in the past that i would not entrust the development of any young players to the likes of Pardew, Carver and Stone.

Before we look at what players we may or may not bring into the club we need to prioritise looking at the men who will be charged with coaching and improving them and the three named above are simply not up to the task imo

• 3 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Was hoping it would be Will Hughes

• 4 TurkishFan101 // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:22 PM

TADS

I had written a 2 paragraph post apologising to fans for me wrong doings due to me getting stressed and angry.

If you want to twist more stuff, don’t do it over the internet, I guarantee you wont be doing it when you see me face to face you plum.

It is just so funny, ever since today, you have been sparking and been so eager for this argument/fight and you got it.

Well done, you want me to buy you whole of McDonalds to calm your metabolism down you obese child?

How many happy meals you want?

• 5 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:24 PM

TurkishFan101

Calling people obese and asking “How many happy meals you want?” will not endear you to anyone, keep the insults out and maybe people will engage you in a debate

• 6 Transfer Sage // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:24 PM

jack

Got an step-uncle (if that’s even a thing) whos grandson plays for the toon under 10 age group but who’s 8 ear old brother plays for the mackems.

The cub are desperate for the 8yr old to come to the toon and have offered to taxi him and family to every training session and game and even took him to a private coaching session with beardsley.

Think they do some great work with the kids, but like you say the senior management haven’t a clue how to get them into the senior level.

• 7 Transfer Sage // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:25 PM

turkish

• 8 jazzyp // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Jb-Ts
    There is no way a boycott of 50,000 Fans could be organised and imo will never happen. Organising a boycott on here would be hard enough never mind Sjp.
    There will always be fans of a different opinion and have different views to that of your good selves whether that be right or wrong.
    we all see the club and want the best for the club,Yet the objective would hopefully be the same

• 9 TurkishFan101 // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Transfer Sage

“Did you really say newcastle was north west? I thought you said you had lived/studied in lancashire the others day. surely you would know that.”

I never ever ever said this mate. I currently study at North West of england at Lancaster which I have stated numerous times.

He is being a troll, he was anxious to get this rant going and he has, if you check previous two blog posts and scroll down you will see he is very desperate for attention and is the clown of the blog.

You can even go through every post I have made previously.

Just a very desperate kid, as other bloggers.

• 10 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:27 PM

It’s not just Pardew Carver and Stone mate
    The academy coaches are failing massively as well
    The U21 team has just finished second bottom and were woeful

It’s bad from top to bottom

• 11 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Transfer Sage

From what I’ve seen of the kids i think we are in good shape as last week’s win proves as we played some very nice stuff. I would love nothing more than for us to be able produce top class youngsters through our academy and if they are local lads then all the better but if the manager cannot motivate or work with full internationals then he’s simply not the right man to take our best youngsters and take them forward to reach their true potential.

I do not want to see a host of talented kids being wasted on a man who is still playing football like it’s 1984

• 12 70TWO // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Any one else seeing the similarity between Pardew and Mourhinos tactics? Just a shame they are worlds apart in the quality of application.

• 13 TurkishFan101 // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM

JackButler /

Mate rather then looking on one side of it, look at what he has said about me first before pulling the bandwagon and looking at my name just cause its got “turkish” in it.

He started the un-needed insults, lies and assumptions about me. I just hit him back with it, am I not allowed mate?

• 14 wolfshead@toon // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM

@1

bacteria haha

• 15 jazzyp // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Tads
    I always knew you were a Tw@t but a Fat turd is a bit much lol…….Only joking mate

• 16 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:33 PM

tads

The problem with any academy is that so few players will ever make to step up to first team regulars and it take years and years for anything to happen and for the fans to see the benefits of that labour. I don’t know everything about our academy but we do have some very promising players there, players that may not be to far away and it’s those players that i would entrust to Pardew.

All managers have an influence on the youth set up, with a lot being heavily involved and so if the standard of coaching trickles down from the top it’s little wonder the majority could be struggling

• 17 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Turkish
    Think you’ll find several pulled you up on you saying were in the north west
    You won’t see me face to face, you don’t go to games…..ever and I’m not renewing my membership
    People in life will always come across someone like yourself, someone who will use verbal and physical threats to force people to see a situation there way, when they fail, they will lie, then they will go back to verbal and physical threats
    Your transparent, your full of the brown stuff and you don’t know the first thing about supporting this fine club

Oh and 2 happy meals, chicken nugget ones, with a coke, much obliged

• 18 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:35 PM

*players that may not be to far away and it’s those players that i would NOT entrust to Pardew*

Proof reader needed, please apply to Jack Butler c/o Ed Harrison at NUFC Blog

• 19 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:37 PM

JB
    That’s because we launch them straight up to the senior squad with no loan moves, that’s why we need someone to actually oversee the development of the club
    For me we can’t pin the lack of players coming through on Pardew, it’s something we’ve always failed with

• 20 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:37 PM

jazzy
    Oh aye huge one mate

• 21 TurkishFan101 // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:39 PM

TADS

“I don’t care about your stress, maybe you should concentrate on your studies if your struggling rather than calling fans idiots and other insults for support the team in the manner they choose”

————————————

AGAIN, this has got nothing to do with other fellow toon fans.

I will say this one final time, I apologised that day immediately to everyone that I offended, abused or insulted and we moved on.

You trying to get other fellow toon fans involved is doing you no favours at all, just shows how weak you are mentally bringing up something in the past.

You was eager to wind me up and abuse me so I got involved and abused and insulted you back for also making stuff about me and saying stuff which I apparently posted when I did not.

You cannot fight your own battles, you will struggle very harshly in life.

• 22 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:41 PM

tads

I’m not pinning it on Pardew as the man is to blame for enough as it is without adding to that list, what I am saying is that players like Campbell, Haidara, Dummett, Bigirimana, Vu?ki?, Good, etc etc etc I would not entrust them to Pardew as I don’t think he’s capable of taking them forward

• 23 theartfuldodger // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:43 PM

What about Mr. Negative mourinho now..Relies on errors…buys players with individual brilliance who can score solo goals..

• 24 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Not getting anyone involved
    Your a disgrace for blaming the plight of the club on the 52,000 that full SJP
    I’m not talking about a couple of posters on a blog and i certainly don’t need anyone to back me up

• 25 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:44 PM

JB
    Probably not your right there

• 26 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Liverpool desperately missing having Henderson in midfield today

• 27 TurkishFan101 // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:46 PM

TADS

“But the way you talk about the fan base of this club is disgusting, it’s unprovoked, so i have no problem returning the favour”

Carry on you troll, you would be perfect making the next hitler.

• 28 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:46 PM

theartfuldodger

What Jose is doing is very boring to watch but it’s working as they are currently winning at Europe’s in form team and and have another massive opportunity this coming week, it may not be great watching but it is effective

• 29 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:48 PM

JB
    It’s only great for there fans, it’s bloody boring for neutrals!!

• 30 jazzyp // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Anyone who thinks we have a cracking crop of young talent coming through below the 1st team is truly baffling me.
    The great ginger ninger is hardly getting any game time at St Mirren and for me I just don’t see that much talent coming through the ranks as some people suggest

• 31 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Would anyone take Malky Mackay as manager in the summer???

• 32 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:49 PM

tads

It’s almost anti-football mate :( I wouldn’t really like to see it here but it is effective

• 33 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM

JB
    Mackay would be a decent shout, would take a couple of season to see a full effect though imo

• 34 jazzyp // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Demba’s done the Biz again today eh JB !!

• 35 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:51 PM

jazzyp

I don’t think we have any world beaters coming through, but we do have a handful with a lot of potential

• 36 70TWO // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:52 PM

JackButler

The game is not just about scoring! As a neutral I am fairly amazed /curious to see if they can get a result.

• 37 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Turkish
    Hitler?
    Lol who’s the one dictating to thousands the course of action they should be taking?
    Oh aye…..you
    And aye insulting fans, remember, deluded idiots, deserve everything they get, and a fair few nastier insults just because they still want to turn up and support the team

• 38 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM

It’s amazing how just sitting back can make Liverpool so disjointed there look awful!

• 39 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM

tads

He has history of working with a tyranical owner who’s out of touch with how the game works, plays decent football, had the players playing for him, is a good tactician and would have Carr providing the players for him and would be a far more realistic appointment than someone like Moyes or some of the other names that are being thrown around

• 40 theartfuldodger // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Arent Pardew and Mourinho similar in styles…atleast watching chelsea now…Morinho has players who can score solo goals..Chelsea players are much more committed …

• 41 70TWO // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Chelsea have certainly knocked Liverpool of their stride.

• 42 70TWO // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:54 PM

of = off (again!)

• 43 ronjohno // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Apparantly Pardew has just come out and said “Perhaps a stronger squad is the answer”

You think

• 44 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:56 PM

jazzyp

the scallywag took his goal well :(

70TWO

Chelsea went there with a game plan, they stuck to it and look like taking the points, it is however, shocking that club that has spent as much as they have that they do not have the ability to field a side capable of attacking football

• 45 jazzyp // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:57 PM

JB
    The U21′s have just been relegated mate after finishing nearly bottom……What does that say.Ferguson cant even get a team that’s facing relegation in the championship.Vuckic cannot get game time at Rotherham,Newton’s contract isn’t being renewed.Streete has been on the verge for the better part of 3 year now.
    The list goes on bud.Dummett for me doesn’t look a massive prospect as he is skinned every time somebody attacks him down the flank

• 46 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:57 PM

JB
    Lol true Tan is one crazy mofo!
    Wonder if Cardiff would be where they are if they had kept Malky

• 47 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Fair play to Torres there

• 48 70TWO // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:59 PM

LOL!!!

0-2

• 49 theartfuldodger // Apr 27, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Great…liverpool need to win on goal difference…last day will be interesting…

• 50 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Right looks like it’s up to the toon to spoil the party for Liverpool…..

Oh dear!

• 51 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:01 PM

jazzyp

but thats the question, how much comes down to the coaching?

Biggie looked very good last season but has been overlooked at every turn, Haidara has been unceremoniously dumped by Pardew for a woeful Santon, who has himself gone backwards under the Silver Fox.

Everyone thinks it’s simply a case of bringing in new players, but if the coaches are simply not good enough is that money being wasted???

• 52 wolfshead@toon // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:02 PM

i made a few bob thanks to jose and his anti football tactics/mind f*****g of rodgers :-)

• 53 Toon Tang // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:03 PM

watch palace steam roll shitty now hahahaaaa

• 54 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:04 PM

I can see us conceding a boat load against Arsenal and Liverpool and not scoring any in return

• 55 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Matic – what a player

• 56 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Toon Tang
    That would be brilliant mate!
    Palace 5 Citeh 0 ;)

• 57 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:06 PM

JB
    We’ll get stuffed by Arsenal, lose to Cardiff, then hammer Liverpool cost them the title and see Pardew get a contract extension

• 58 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:07 PM

tads

Contract extension FFS! Don’t even think that mate or I’ll have to start watching rugby :(

• 59 jazzyp // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Jb
    Are you suggesting an overall of the coaching set up as well as the squad mate.
    Beardsley has been winning rave reviews for his coaching ethics yet the U21′s still went down.Is that coaching or Players brought in ???………Now am I blaming the scouting system we have in place.
    I think it’s a massive mess we are in pal from top to bottom with no end in sight

• 60 Toon Tang // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:09 PM

tads haaa, aye smash city’s goal difference at the same time eh.

Can just see it now though, if they play like they did against mackems at home and palace have been very hard to beat recently. Ya never know mate

• 61 davetoon // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Looks like game of the final weekend will be Liverpool Newcastle

• 62 wolfshead@toon // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:10 PM

jack

you need to cheer up

• 63 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:10 PM

JB
    I was fully confident of beating Liverpool I was happy with it make no bones about that and now with my new contract we can look forward to the next 20 years with a real optimism

• 64 Toon Tang // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM

ooooooooooooff , my stream has shown hatems RIGHT footed drive against villa, id forgotten about that one. Such a massive same we wont see anything like that from him any more eh

• 65 Toon Tang // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:13 PM

*shame

• 66 jazzyp // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I see Nile Ranger is hitting the headlines again for all the wrong reasons.
    I can see his excuse now
    Judge…….”Can you tell me why you beat the defenceless women in question Mr Ranger”
    Ranger……”Yes your honour….I was Pardewed “

• 67 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM

KALAS – What a player, get him

• 68 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM

surely that rules morineo out as a manager fans would want at newcastle?

like pardew morineo has lost to teams in the lower half of the table.
    like pardew morineo plays his team defensively.
    like pardew morineo only really trys to win games by 1or 2 goals to nil.
    no wonder morineo back pardew so much when they are like for like.

that match was quite a boring one today and ontuesday i hated that champions league match, i wonder weather or not to watch this weeks, i will be watch the bayern madrid one thats for sure.

• 69 Toon Tang // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:17 PM

is that 1-0 already

• 70 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Well……..that didn’t take long

• 71 Toon Tang // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:20 PM

our well thought out predictions were wrong again tads, gutted

• 72 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:23 PM

jazzyp

I think we need an overhaul mate tbh as what we have is obviously not working :(

wolfshead@toon

When we get shot of Pardew and Ashley I’ll be the happiest man alive mate

:D

• 73 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:23 PM

TADS

we don’t even need to win against liverpool to prevent them winning the title
    if city win all their games newcastle and pardew should just sit back and prevent goal being conceded that will allow city the GD that puts them ahead of pool.

• 74 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:23 PM

HD
    He did very well tbf, thought he would get hammered today but was absolutely solid

• 75 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Toon Tang
    There’s still time! 6-2 palace!

• 76 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM

people of england i have a question.
    as we all know this summer is a football world cup and a transfer window which papers can make up stories in masses about newcastle.
    so the toon fans of england what will be more stressful
    england in the world cup or newcastle and the transfer window?
    also anyone know a a good holiday destination that might help me get away from this stress we face?

• 77 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM

By all accounts HBA has not been banished by the club, he’s simply been told that he’s fat, unfit and as a result not able to play regular football…..!!!

• 78 jazzyp // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:34 PM

JB
    Who has told him this????? Turkish lol.

Toonking
    Easily Newcastle and the transfer window will be more stressful pal……….England will be back home before they know it.Be lucky to get out of the group stage

• 79 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:35 PM

jazzyp

• 80 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM

JB
    LOL where’s that!!! Been saying that for months!
    Benny you can’t swap your half time orange for a jumbo hot dog!

Toonking
    If comes down to to the last day of the season and Liverpool need to win by 4 goals or more I fully expect them to lift the PL trophy :(

• 81 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Toonking
    Neither will be stressful both the World Cup and the window will be underwhelming!!

• 82 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM

When asked about these reports about his weight HBA replied “Nom…….nom……nom…….more pasties…….nom…!”

• 83 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Hahaha, buy all accounts he’s now fit but has been left out of the squad for tomorrow’s game

• 84 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Lol
    No one knows where Benny is!
    He’s in France, no wait he ‘s been training with the squad, no wait he’s at Mike’s private all you can eat restaurant!

Fresh questions were raised about his fitness when Carver asked him to jog back and grab the cones, he came back 5 minutes later with a 99 with a flake in each hand!

• 85 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Thanks for interview Benny
    “No worries it’s been great to ketchup with you”

• 86 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:48 PM

uzail ?@fuzail30 30m
    Breaking news: Oscar Pistorius has asked Jose Mourinho to take over his defence”

• 87 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Asked if he was disappointed to not make the squad for the Arsenal game, HBA’s agent stepped in and said “I’m sorry but my client cannot answer that as his mother taught him not to speak with his mouth full”!

• 88 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:50 PM

JB
    that probably why HBA likes newcaslte so much,
    “boy do i love my pasties, mom i’m off to newcastle now as that city has the head quarters for the great bakers we call greggs”

forget pasties now i’ll buy a whole shop.

• 89 Sazzer // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Dele Alli

• 90 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:53 PM

toonking

It’s a shame that nothing positive ever comes out of the club, it’s always negative, embarrassing or simply destructive

• 91 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Yaya Toure is the player of the year for me, unplayable

• 92 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Jack
    Those reports about arsenal were wrong luckily
    He has travelled but had arranged his own transport

• 93 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:56 PM

:D

• 94 Sazzer // Apr 27, 2014 at 4:57 PM

GFN France
    Marcelo Bielsa has now accepted a two year deal with Marseille + will arrive before the end of the season.

• 95 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Sazzer
    Don’t worry yourself with potential managers, Pardew will still be here

On Alli
    Surely it will be with a view to loan him immediately back?
    Looks a decent prospect but looks a way off top flight

• 96 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:04 PM

JB

once money started to really become involved in the game that was where i saw football in the north east begin to collapse.
    the thing that makes a north east team so good is passion and love.
    SBR Keegan shearer gazza….. these were all great managers or players but the thing was they love newcastle.

now football in england has died and we can see from the international team that english talent gets less and less every year.

what football needs now is foreign players and manager but for them you need money spent which can be a difficult thing with out the owners will. also the north east hasn’t got much else, we are just a big country side and those in the south call people in the north geordies no matter where about they are from.

• 97 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:08 PM

toonking

But what makes a side attractive to any player (money aside) is desire, ambition and intent of the club to actually achieve something and of those three we only have intent, and an intent to exist in the EPL, nothing more.

• 98 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:14 PM

my player of the season would be suaez.
    it’s not so much in relation to him scoring goals, the reason i actually think he deserves it is because he has got himself looking more like the suaez we do want to see after his disapline of last season.

players like HBA and balletelli both can be great performers but they didn’t seem to learn to control their attitudes.
    one gets fat and the other continued to act stupid.

maybe ballay telly should give pardew his why always me shirt.

pardew after arsenal defeat
    why always me

pardew after liverpool defeat
    why always me

pardew after the next transfer window
    why always me
    finally pardew afer being sacked
    why always me.

• 99 Sazzer // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    I also think Pardew will be around. Just reporting news on things related to discussions on this blog.

• 100 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:17 PM

toonking
    Didn’t Ballotelli have a massive Barney the other day with a couple if pundits after Milan lost to Roma?

• 101 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:18 PM

I see that after punching a woman in the face Ranger is still being called an ex-Newcastle player and not a current Swindon player :(

• 102 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Sazzer
    No worries mate, I knew a few had mentioned him for here that’s all!

Good appointment for them, didn’t just rush out and grab someone they have spent months choosing a manger so they must be confident and expect big things from him

• 103 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France 2m
    Marseille President Vincent Labrune has denied Marca’s fresh reports that Marcelo Bielsa has signed a deal with the club. #OM

• 104 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Saw that earlier
    The bloke needs putting down he’s an animal, absolute scum

• 105 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:22 PM

well done chelsea would love to see thousands of scousers crying on the last day of the season when we inevitably beat them

the sad thing is on here if we win tomorrow or the last game no one will actually celebrate it very sad indeed

• 106 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM

tads

He is that mate, it just pi**es me off that he’s referred to as “EX-Newcastle”

• 107 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:28 PM

manxpie

If we win tomorrow or any of our last three games people will celebrate the victory but they will also know that it will be nothing more than papering over the cracks

• 108 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM

JB
    Yeah ex toon star, you can bet if he’d turned his life around and win some sort of award he’d be a Swindon player!

• 109 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

jack aye maybe but i got stick for celebrating a win on here

and the blog has been awash with people hoping we lose

i just don’t get it especially since any new manager will be massively underwhelming

but i would absolutely love it if we were the ones who smashed every scousers dream with there best chance of a title for probably a long time

i even got stick for saying that from rotonda lol

• 110 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Manx
    I can partially understand some wanting the losses if they think it will result in Pardew going but getting stick for celebrating a goal was ridiculous

• 111 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM

manxpie

No matter how bad things get you can never bet against your side, I despise both Ashley and Pardew but honestly want us to win every game we play.

But i think people are so angry at what has been happening they are hoping that a run of defeats may bring about a form of change at the club.

Anger is the easiest way for people to lose sight and overreact emotionally and thats whats been happening on here of late

• 112 MacToon // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:47 PM

In Lee Charnley’s first statement as managing director of Newcastle United, only a matter of weeks ago, he stated ““Our minimum target for this campaign was a top 10 finish.”
    However our manager today has stated ““No, that was just our goal, it wasn’t an instruction.”

Keegan took Ashley to tribunal, he not only won his case for constructive dismissal but the independent arbitration panel were told by the club that it “repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.”

It seems to me nothing has changed, infact it seems that anyone who’s employed at the club must continue this practice of misinformation or face dismissal.
    My only hope is that the 10′s of thousands who have turned a blind eye over the last few years finally show Ashley that enough is enough.
    Ashley is not a fit owner of a premiership club.

• 113 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I thought we had a new fitness coach and that we were monitoring their fitness, since players are a valuable assets?

…I even remember reading we gave some state of art facilities?

• 114 croftus5678 // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:51 PM

i really dont care about how much players cost as you can get someone with just as much quality for 3mil as you can for someone who is 10mil but ffs if ash doesnt let us have some of what i reckon is near 60mil from transfers/tv rights ect (without the money from players who could be leaving) i’m really going to sulk next season !

yes i love the fact we are linked with ince/this young lad/colback/about 30 foriegn wingers or strikers who have quality for around 3 to 4 mil but we all know it means nothing as far as toon are concerned as its purely used to tell the fans they were after players when we end up with nothing.

• 115 TOON TOON COME ON ARMY // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:51 PM

TOON TOON
    TOON TOON
    TOON TOON

• 116 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:54 PM

MacToon
    But good enough to fuel belief in finishing 10th or higher, and claiming the bonuses such an achievement would reportedly accrue? That was the deal, right?

“No, that was just our goal, it wasn’t an instruction (from Ashley),” Pardew said.

“Football doesn’t work like that. It’s the team’s goal and the club’s goal and I’m determined to get that finish. I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t.”

It’s an utter disgrace

Jesper
    We weren’t given state of the art facilities, we announced plans to develop them, in 2016, from what i remember at the time they didn’t even have planning permission!
    Our fitness looked better early on in the season but we still seem to burn out around the 75 minute mark

• 117 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 5:58 PM

MacToon

All the reports that I can find say that top ten WAS the minimum requirement for this season and that bonuses would only be paid out IF we did make it, but whether that puts Pardew under more pressure for only getting tenth is yet to be seen

• 118 croftus5678 // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:00 PM

in my honest opinion (and this is my thoughts alone and not based on reasoning)

i really really want ashley out as my main priority ! and i understand i may not have all the facts but from where i sit the things he has or has not done have made me detest him !

my second and lesser concern is pardew as i understand what ash is putting him through hence i have a little respect for him as a person sticking to his task never mind how hard a task it is ! but he’s not an attacking manager or one that can challenge for the top 4 imo a mid to bottom team manager ! one good enough for ashe’s reign but not for a challenging club.

• 119 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:03 PM

JB
    I thoroughly believe that finishing 11th will earn Pards his bonus for saving Ash a fortune in player bonuses…
    He’s all about the Wonga

• 120 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:03 PM

tads/jack aye i can see it but still don’t understand tbh
    and tbf jack i’ve been one of them people lol

but i never or would ever want or wish us to lose and there was even celebrating oposition goals recently which is also very wrong imo

for me pardew ain’t goin anywhere but if he does an even worse manager will come in so wat is the point of change when the bigger problem never changes?

• 121 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Conspiracy theory time lads.

Mike Ashley has been in Miami on business over the past week or so and now David Moyes has been pictured at a plush Miami restaurant???

• 122 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:06 PM

manxpie

simply because we have more chance of improving under a new manager than we do of finding someone with a spare £300 million to buy Ashley out.

• 123 theartfuldodger // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:11 PM

where has this pardew instruction and goal thing come from

• 124 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:11 PM

but jack thats only delaying the inevitable for a season or so more till he gets sacked

so there really is no point imo
    all hatred should be aimed at 1 man at every single game

i heard ashley was on holiday in america where’s all this from jack?

• 125 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:12 PM

but btw that was cwarr saying he’s trying to sell to some americans lol

• 126 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Dodger

• 127 MacToon // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:14 PM

It is an utter disgrace Tads and up until this weekend, 10th had been a minimum requirement for this season.
    Changing the goal posts is nothing new though ;-)

That aside though, it is the “repeatedly and intentionally misled” part that should really hit home. Nothing has changed since Keegan shown him up for what he is.
    I’m surprised that tax office or auditor for the tax office don’t find his ability to continually lie/mislead of some interest!

• 128 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:14 PM

manxpie

But unless some billionaire can be found we are not going to see the back of Ashley. We have to pick our battles and not try to win the war in one felled swoop

It was reported last week that Ashley was in Miami on business and Moyes has been pictured with his wife in a top Miami restaurant!

I’m just putting 2+2 together to come with 5 for a bit of fun

• 129 MacToon // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I heard Bill Gates was in the same restaurant JB ;-)

• 130 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Manxpie

We play tomorrow not today

• 131 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Well it looks like the end of HBA at NUFC so long as Pardew is here :( .

HBA would give you more than a 100% fit Shola & De Jong together FFS . Can’t believe he is being forced out by our disgrace of a manager.

PARDEW OUT ! .

• 132 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:26 PM

MacToon
    Mate it’s beyond a joke now
    Was saying to BandB earlier that only 2 seasons ago the club stated are target was to become a regular top 6 team challenging for European spots every season and making the club an international brand
    That then turned to simply staying in the league, then finishing in the top 10 now just being in and around mid table
    They just make it up as they go along ffs!!!

• 133 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:27 PM

lol jack ya sure it wasn’t from turkish? :)

i think everyone agrees ashley is the main reason for the problems of this football club so why isn’t all the chants and banners for him?

pardew gets sacked we get another mate come in and the whole circus starts again and again until ashley has gone

pardew has missed the 2 best players this season for alot of this bad run plus got his best player sold with no replacement and we’ve got no players who can actually step into them positions thats a joke for a club of this size tbh

we need a new owner more than a new manager thats for sure or the only change if there is 1 is ashley spending some money!

• 134 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:27 PM

An outsiders view

@MUFCLondon: @NUFC_Stats Newcastle United Kick Ben Arfa Out! | Review the Back Pages Ep7 | Part 5: http://t.co/AD0wwoon34

• 135 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:30 PM

The party line is almost admirable if it wasn’t a pack of bloody lie’s

———————————————————-

Charnley, who has adopted a low profile in his previous role, yesterday issued a statement, hinting that the club will be sticking with manager Alan Pardew despite Newcastle’s alarming slump in form and a recent poll revealing over 80 per cent of fans want him to go.

And Charnley insisted there will be no major shift in the club’s transfer policy under Ashley which has so infuriated the Toon’s fan base.

He says the club “will continue to operate in a financially responsible manner and live within our means” and stressed they “will not pay over the odds or make knee-jerk decisions.”

He added: “The club has never been in such a stable and healthy financial position, which gives us the best possible platform from which to grow.

“I am confident that with our dedicated, hardworking and loyal employees, together with Alan Pardew and his backroom staff, we will progress the club, both on and off the field over the coming years.

“Our immediate priority of course is to finish this season as strongly as possible. Our minimum target for this campaign was a top ten finish, but I can assure our supporters that everyone at Newcastle United will do their utmost to ensure the club finishes in the highest league position it can.

“At the beginning of the season all our staff and players were incentivised should we finish in 10th position and above and our commitment to achieving this will continue right up until the final whistle on the 11th May.

“Looking ahead to future seasons, our primary focus will remain the Premier League.

“Our preparations for the summer transfer window have already begun of course, and our challenge is to make sure we spend the funds we have available in a careful and considered way in order to ensure that we get the maximum benefit from every pound we invest in the squad.

“We will not pay over the odds or make knee-jerk decisions. Every player we sign represents a major investment and mistakes are costly which is why we will continue to be prudent in our transfer dealings. This is the reality of a well-run football club like ours.

“We can be proud that we already meet, and in fact exceed, the requirements of UEFA’s Financial Fair Play regulations and in our latest set of published accounts we recorded a profit for our third consecutive year.

“We will continue to manage our finances in this sustainable manner and will not accrue debt in order to achieve short-term gains.

“We will continue to manage our finances in this sustainable manner and will not accrue debt in order to achieve short-term gains”

“False expectations lead to disappointment and frustration, hence why we will keep our transfer business confidential and will not be drawn into commenting on the media speculation and rumour that exists in this digital world.

“As a Board we will continue to make the final decisions on all player transfers. Clearly however the manager and his team have a very significant involvement in such decisions and will be instrumental in making recommendations in relation to the squad.

“Our transfer policy and strategy is very clear and will remain unchanged. We will focus on identifying and recruiting young players whose best years are ahead of them, which in nearly all cases means players in their early to mid-20s and not beyond.

“We don’t look at transfer windows in isolation, but rather as a full trading year and our intention for the first team is to sign one or two players per year to strengthen the squad.

“We all want to see Newcastle United improve, but we are convinced that the best route to achieving this is to do so sustainably, building each season without risking the financial health and stability of the club.

“I can assure supporters that the Board and everyone associated with the club aim to make Newcastle United the best it can be, pound for pound.”

• 136 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:32 PM

welsh i never said we do play today?

• 137 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:34 PM

manxpie

But you can’t force a billionaire to sell if he doesn’t want to and if there’s no willing buyer out there!. Its not as if we can have a whip-round to get rid of him is it?

• 138 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Tads…I think you are right about that now that I come to think of it!

…we are really a strange club at times; run like amateurs by amateurs;

• 139 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Thank you to TADS and Mactoon for taking this up.

What Pardew said today is staggering.

My original post.

Alan Pardew says this in the Sunday Times today.
    “Finishing in the top 10 was our goal. It wasn’t an instruction.”

I was under misapprehension that it was a target. And therefore something he’d been instructed to meet.
    Otherwise the words “minimum finish” in the club’s seasonal expectations are so misleading as to be meaningless.

If you are thinking of renewing your season ticket in the belief that top 10 is an actual target for the future, read the small print. It appears it isn’t written in blood.
    Because you can bet your life that “don’t finish in the top five” IS an instruction.

• 140 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Top 10 was the minimum for bonuses to be paid out

• 141 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Ha ha ha

I was being sarcastic you’re only come on here on match day

• 142 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:37 PM

BPC
    “Teams & Managers would kill for a player like HBA but he doesn’t even make the bench for us .”

why then has he not once been approached by any club?

every single player at newcastle is available for a price so if HBA was as good as you say he is then why is he still at newcastle?

• 143 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Jack,

Just blur the message by completely missing the effing point, why don’t you?

Show pony.

• 144 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:38 PM

God you’re quick 0-60 in three weeks

• 145 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:40 PM

if HBA is the type of player we want, well we might as well bring back ranger too also bring ballotelli in as they are all as bad as each other outside of football but great in football itself.

• 146 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:41 PM

:D

We all know the minimum for the season and that was survival for as little expenditure as possible, which is now mission accomplished by Pardew and his team

• 147 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Team for Arsenal Should be :

—————————-Krul——————————-

–Debuchy——–Willo——–M’biwa——–Haidara–

————Sissoko————————Tiote————-

—HBA—————-Marveaux—————–Remy—

————————–Gouffran—————————-

Set that team up to counter attack with pace and we might have a chance .

However Pardew will:

.Keep playing Collo (I like to dive on the floor for no reason and back off constantly) instead of M’biwa even though he and Willo get clean sheets .

.He will keep playing Gouffran as a winger or wing back despite him never doing that before joining NUFC .

. Start Shola and hoof it long .

Words can’t describe how happy I will be when Pardew leaves . Just imagine what a manager like Martinez could get out of that team above .

• 148 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:44 PM

BandB
    I can’t believe more haven’t pulled this statement from Pardew up tbh

The club seem to think they can change targets and policy at the drop of a hat and the fans will not notice, it’s disgraceful

I’m curious what the end of season statement will be if we drop out the top 10, will they state it’s been a disappointing season as Pardew has said or will they do another 180 and applaud our efforts for cementing our PL status for yet another season?
    Will top 10 be another movable target for next season??

My membership was up in late February as you buy it yearly, I was hoping in all honesty that things would change if we slumped as badly as we have and come August I’d be gleefully renewing it……..
    Can’t see that happening!

• 149 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:44 PM

tads but isn’t it funny how every time arfas been injured he’s gone back to france for treatment
    but since the mirror’s sister papers have been banned he’s now been banished to france?

jack wat about a constant chant of “someone buy our club” then?
    every home game all game whith banners to match
    pretty much advertising the club

i just do not see the poin’t in prolonging the same arguement that’ll be happening in 2 years time when we still ain’t got where we should be or playing the football we want to see or buying the players we want or not having a full squad of players or seeing our best players sold and not replaced sometimes for a couple of years

• 150 MacToon // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Thanks B&B for pointing out Pardew’s latest mutterings earlier.
    Seems the Mag have a different direction lol. Infact it isn’t really funny but can’t help laughing at times, probably helps to stop the tears!

• 151 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:45 PM

@ King

How do you know HBA hasn’t been approached ? .

And he isn’t half as bad as Ranger or Ballotelli attitude wise either .

Don’t worry though m8, I’m sure Gosling Shola and De Jong will terrorise the PL next season .

• 152 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:45 PM

toonking…we will see who has the last laugh ;)

• 153 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:46 PM

BPC
    HBA hasn’t travelled mate

• 154 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:50 PM

@ tads

I know he hasn’t m8, that’s the team I would play (not that it makes any difference :) ) .

• 155 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Jesper
    Sadly mate that’s exactly what we are…amateur

The whole coaching set up is dated but there’s nobody at the club qualified to rectify the situation by scouting a manager who’s up for the challenge of installing a philosophy and putting in place a coaching team to drive us forward
    Our new MD was the club secretary! He has no footballing background, he is an accountant
    Which highlights the scary fact that Pardew is………the man at the club with the footballing knowledge *shudders*

• 156 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:51 PM

manxpie

I understand your point entirely but billionaires are hard to come by, personally if we are as financially sound as we are said to be then we have to be the most attractive club that could be bought as we already have the stadium, training facilities, fan base and solid basis of a squad, but it’s those exact same reason that will stop Ashley from selling.

Why would he sell something that can limp from one season to another, costing him little and long term making him massive profits? He isn’t concerned with trophy’s or success he only wants survival in this league as thats where the money and free advertising makes hi the most money.

If you chant and call for him to go, if we boycott then it will make little difference as he’ll simply stay away from the ground.

Unless he actually wants to go then there’s little or nothing we can do about him.

• 157 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:52 PM

BPC
    Ah fair play mate, didn’t want you getting your hopes up!!!!
    Going to messy tomorrow night, luckily I’m playing football so will miss the game
    Will still sky plus it for some strange reason though!

• 158 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:53 PM

BPC
    instead of blaming pardew for everything do what the rest of us do and blame all the club.

pardew is stupid with his subs and decisions, but it’s not his fault we don’t have wingers in our team except for obatan and jonas or lazy marvo and HBA so blame ashley.

pardew might not play HBA but why would anyone play HBA when he is eating food which is causing him to put on weight every single week. pardew can’t control what HBA does 24 seven only what he does on the training pitch.

pardew might drop mbiwa for colo but when the rest of them players are not showing signs of a captain and he knows cabaye is likely to leave in january why should he not play his captain.

if we are going to see HBA and marvo solod why does he bother playing them.

if you saying because of the possibility of them having that one off game well why not play gosling and shola who know they need to show good performances so they can get other teams interested in them when they leave.

they best thing to do is just balance the blame out as your posts right now are as bad pardew and his interviews.

same words said every week.

• 159 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:53 PM

You’re Sky+ing the game?

Are you a sadist ;)

• 160 Ian Toon // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Being a football fan in the modern game requires an appreciation of how the game really works. Hopes and dreams don’t always sit well alongside greed and self interest.

Watching the Chelsea game was a master class in planning and application. We all love it when a plan comes together. What a joy for Chelsea fans at Anfield.

Shola has said that after Newcastle’s roller coaster of a season that we “need quality players and a quality squad”. Many toon fans would suggest that we start by releasing him.

• 161 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM

@ JB

I would rather have a generous multi-millionaire than a Billionaire that has a penny jar FFS .

As long as we aren’t close to doing a “Leeds” I would have another owner in a heartbeat . Don’t forget we were relegated under Ashley as well .

• 162 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM

JB
    Isn’t that a minimum requirement for a toon fan?

• 163 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Tads…maybe it is time NoNuts got a unbiased top man at board level with football knowledge to implement it…and then go from there and get a new manager that fits into that idea?

• 164 wolfshead@toon // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:57 PM

i wouldnt be surprised if we win tomorrow after our crazy season with benny gone and pards back on the touchline it might rejuvinate the squad
    yeh i know put down the crack pipe haha

• 165 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 6:59 PM

wolfshead@toon

It would be typical NUFC to win our last three game convincingly

• 166 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:01 PM

jack but chelsea liverpool and man city got 1 easily enough heck even villa and sunderland got one

the point is if the fans make it as clear as day that we don’t want him constantly then it will eventually become inevitable that he will sell instead of giving him praise when he sacks a manager which will happen btw lol

• 167 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:01 PM

jesper,

I think you continue to labour under the misapprehension the Ash knows the difference (or cares) between running a football club and a large, permanent, and untidy jumble sale of dying brands overseen by disintersted minimum wage employees.

• 168 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:03 PM

@ king

Difference is My statements have an air of truth whereas Pardew blames everyone but himself .

Example:

Problem – We create virtually no chances in games and fail to score regularly without Cabaye .

Possible solution – Marveaux got more assists than Cabaye last year when given a run of games and should be given another chance .

Why is that so hard to comprehend FFS . Then you defend Pardew for saying “I would have stopped that goal if I was on the touchline” In our latest defeat to Swansea ? .

• 169 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:05 PM

manxpie

Yes those clubs did get new owners, but you have to make Ashley WANT to sell before we can get an new owner, and the chances of a business man willingly selling a business that is making him large profits simply because the locals are upset are slim as he’s not a local himself

• 170 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:08 PM

plus i said this the other day remember a new manager will have to come in with none of his backroom staff so pretty much wipe out all foreigners unless ya want mel from west brom

plus with a new manager who agrees to that we still have the same coaches!

so thats wat the future will be under ashley no matter wat

• 171 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Jack Butler.

I always think it is funny when people have you down as a “negger.”
    It must amuse you too, as you are are a moaner but attender.
    All I have ever seen you do is counsel that all we can do is lie back and take it.

• 172 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:11 PM

jack but we all no his interest in rangers so now is the time to massively make it as uncomfortable as possible for him instead of just giving him the easy way out for a couple more years

• 173 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM

BPC

marvo had this year only just come back from yet another injury and in his first sub appearance what does he do, he just stood around and left the opposition player run up with the ball. If you wanting marvo and HBA to play and don’t want them to play like jonas their is only one choice we have to theirfore play 2 CDM and 2 full backs who remain in their own half because the opposition will be allowed to outnumber us when on the counter attack FACT.

also pardew might well have fielded a slightly weakened team in the FA cup 3rd round but what did that mean?
    A it meant pardew played gouffran and cisse as the front 2 and ben arfa as a winger yet we can’t even manage to beat cardiff in an FA cup so how can pardew be critised for playing weakened teams in the FA cup when those weakened teams are what had HBA playing and gouffran as CF?
    marvo would have played too if he was not injured.

• 174 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Jesper
    I think it’s the best appointment he could make tbh mate
    If we had any ambition after parting company with Dekka and JFK in under half a season we would of appointed a good MD or even just a technical director if he didn’t want someone to have to much free reign with the purse strings like Hoddle or Camoli ( the old Liverpool bloke?) to come in design a plan of what and where needed to change get that plan ready at all levels then gone all out for De Boer and Bergcamp to fully overhaul both the senior and youth squads and coaches
    We can dream Jesper mate :)

Ian Toon
    Why stop at Shola? Plenty of the players need to be held accountable for there woeful contributions this season
    It will be interesting to see if they do a lap of honour after the Cardiff game and if they do how it will be received by the Toon Army

• 175 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:15 PM

plus jack it worked last time but that was when we were making big losses and relegated

so why not the same again when we are buyable

absolute barrage against him at every game (minus the death threats mind)

• 176 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:17 PM

@ King

Not even going to try and change you’re mind anymore m8 as its clearly not going to work .

Just remember this when Pardew takes us all the way to the Championship next year and you are still there defending the man .

Big Pappa out .

• 177 Wandering Geordie // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:19 PM

None of those managers Bruce ,Moyes,Etc are in my thoughts .However I think De Boer,Gerardo Martino,Marcelo Bielsa are in my eyes fantastic coaches.

I also would like to see the following players in:

Fraser Forster GK
    German Pezella CB/RB
    Juan Fernando Quintero, AM
    Simon Kjaer CB
    Wilfred Bony CF
    Stephan El Shaarawy CF

A dream of course but it wont happen

• 178 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:21 PM

BandB

Not at all, its just that people say “lets get rid of Ashley” as if it’s something easy when in fact it’s not. I want shot of the man as much as anyone but understand the reality is harder than simply bitching on a blog about forcing change. How many people call for Ashley to leave the club but then sit back and do nothing about it? How many turned up at the MAoC march earlier this season?

As for me being a “negger”? or “moaner”?. Strange that it’s only been this way since Ashley came along.

Living where I do I know that there is little that I can do, but anything I can to do to bring about change I will, but until now the only action I see is people bitching and moaning on here

• 179 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:21 PM

BPC
    well i’m not going to even try talking to you anymore as it seems like you don’t mind this owner of ours think his transfer and scouting policy is good, consider our squad a good squad capible of finishing 6th and will blame pardew for every single problem at newcastle.

i can tell really you don’t want to admit you are defeated by me because that FA cup piece was just too hard for you to give a reply back.

• 180 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:21 PM

manxpie,

Merely “alleged” death threats. Unless Northumbria Police were lying.
    They did invite him to bring his evidence with a promise that it would be thoroughly investigated (which, with his money, it would have been.)
    But like the allegation that he had been ethnically abused, he didn’t pursue it once he was invited to stop gobshitting to the press and submit his evidence.

• 181 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:22 PM

BandB…I always assume money is important to NoNuts and so is making money! So I don’t assume we won’t be willing to listen if he can see the bigger picture…maybe he just can’t see it and needs help? You ever thought of that ;)

tads…dreaming is what keep me hanging on in terms of NUFC ;)

• 182 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:22 PM

manxpie

I’m agreeing with you mate, but what is being done to bring this about???

• 183 wolfshead@toon // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:22 PM

wandering

fatty baulked at the asking price for bony when he had the chance to buy him as a relative unknown so you can cross im off the list for definate haha

• 184 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:22 PM

*^we = he

• 185 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:24 PM

jesper,

I have never thought of that.

Is that wink thing some kind of nervous tic you have?

• 186 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Manx
    I hate Ashley with a passion and still follow and offer support to as many fan groups as i can and cannot wait until the day he sells up and f**ks off back under that slimy rock he appeared from

I’ve also supported Pardew for much longer than most and given a lot of lea way to him for working under frankly bizarre circumstances

But i really don’t think he can carry on as manager, i think he’s now blanked on how to motivate the players and really seems to have the squad and majority of the fans against him
    Personally i still have a degree of sympathy for him, i think the club have hung him out to dry several times and we continually see the squad broken apart every window

But there’s only so long this can go on before you can say it just isn’t working
    A new manager would at the least give a short term fix, which isn’t what’s needed but might be the only option in achieving a long term solution
    We need Ashley out, to do that we need to be a sellable asset, at the moment we’re just a joke and it’s heart breaking

• 187 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:24 PM

BandB…something like that!

• 188 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:25 PM

bpc but tell me a top team in the world with the best attacking managers allows players to just watch players run past them or not work for the team?

seriously if you can’t see the importance of flair players also doing there parts for the team then your as bad as arfa and marv lol

• 189 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:26 PM

BandB

And as for me counselling that all we can do is lay back and take it!

thats exactly what has been happening for years

• 190 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:26 PM

jesper,
    ;)

• 191 wolfshead@toon // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:29 PM

im off theres too many posters on here with reasonable views i was looking to engage in a pointless argument lol

• 192 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:31 PM

BandB
    That was bought up not long ago on here i think

Like everything to come out the club it was just another crock of sh1t to make ol’ Mikey look better after overseeing our top flight exit
    He’s done nout but sh1t on his clientele since day one

Your right, he had no answer when the police gifted publicly the chance to come forward to them and present evidence of a very serious allegation against sections of the Geordie faithful

• 193 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:32 PM

tads i agree its become inevitable that he’s gonna go but that will definately happen with a new owner

as i say all hatred and banners should be aimed at ashley full stop imo

and anything else as you say is a short fix so in a years time we’ll be in the same position

i just hope that rangers is his new goal and this years massive profits will be taken and he has a much lower selling price

but i still believe the fans chanting buy our club is the way to go not negative to the team or club but still makes a loud statement

• 194 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Wolfs head
    Water isn’t wet and the sky isn’t blue, idiot

Go…..

• 195 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:33 PM

TADS
    i would wait until what has been done in the summer then if after 10 games next season he is still running like he is at the minute sack him and bring in the manager then.

i think moyse will see pardew at the minute and think we as fans will view moyse like the united fans view him themselve.

decent ones for now are never going to come as they will want to see a good transfer window first, that only leaves average ones who i think will go down the same road as pardew has and be viewed as a puppet by fans.

If pardew gets enough players in the summer which i expect to see happen then why should pardew do as bad as he has done since january, part of me does think this form is to try convincing ashley to spend money in summer.
    but if he does spend the money and get them players then he is getting games from september until november/december then i will be deciding my fate for sure.

• 196 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:36 PM

wolfshead

you having a dream
    ALARM “BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP”
    wake up from your dream blog.

• 197 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Manx
    Haven’t been home for a while but i believe banners etc are now banned for *coughs* health and safety issues, strangely those concerns over health and safety issues didn’t seem to arise when Wonga introduced a massive Wonga sponsored toon flag to pass round over the fans

• 198 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France 31m
    Hatem Ben Arfa’s lawyer to @beinsports_FR: “There has been no incident between Hatem and the club (Newcastle).” #NUFC

notice it says lawyer maybe the paper who wrote it might be making an apology very soon lol

• 199 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:40 PM

manxpie

All these reports that HBA had been banished back to France were blown out of the water when he trained with the rest of the squad this morning :D

• 200 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:42 PM

toonking
    I really can’t see heavy investment in the summer mate, i can see outgoings replaced by the cheapest option and us having a similar sized squad
    I just can’t see Pardew getting the fans back onside nor the players who certainly don’t seem to be playing for him at the moment

I think his position is now untenable and fans feel they have been patient enough with the give it x amount of time, or wait til next window to judge etc
    I honestly can’t see how he can swing the momentum

• 201 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:44 PM

lol tads strange indeed well voices is the way then even a few people outside the ground with a big banner with a chant of the day heading

it certainly needs to get back to our relegation season but without the negativity on the team sounds hard but with the right chant it could work

• 202 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:44 PM

tads

Do you think Pardew will go in the summer?

• 203 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:48 PM

i have to admit like i myself do in a way feel the best thing for pardew is to leave this club at the end of this season for his own good. newcastle fans thenselves might be thinking pardew will not walk into a job but i am 99% certain that any other mid table team will want him to come into their club.

the best manager i think newcastle could ask for now is a one like bruce or lee clark, basically anyone who is a geordie on the inside.

• 204 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:48 PM

jack lol plus the fact pardew said he had a future here

i just hope the guy who wrote it i think it was that fat black haired buck toothed mullety tosser that makes the odd appereance on sunday supplement has to make a grovelling apology lol

• 205 theartfuldodger // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Thanks TADS for the link…

Well honestly it makes sense, only we dint see it.
    If yr paying bonus for top 10, you dont sack for 11th.

Another thing,
    Stronger squad means more average players.
    Instead of spending 6 to 9m on 1 player, buy more cheaper average ones for same amount.

• 206 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Honestly no
    Do you?

• 207 toonking // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:54 PM

well i’m off now but before i go just want to say
    thanks for the chat on this blog tonight because it has been the best one i’ve had in ages so
    THANK YOU.

• 208 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Toonking
    Reckon if Pardew left now, he’d have a job come the start of the season at a bottom 10 club/ championship club

Hard to say what kind of manager we really need until we see who we still have player wise!

• 209 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:00 PM

tads

I’m hopeful as with him in charge I don’t think he is capable of turning things around or getting the players or fans back in his corner, but with Ashley in charge I honestly don’t know as anything could happen over the summer

• 210 Tayls // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Totally unrelated, Gateshead in the Skrill Premier Playoffs, might get into the football league next season :)

Thinking of following there journey, give me a break from the mediocrity my beloved club seems to rejoice in.

Anyone else watch them regularly?

• 211 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:02 PM

plus toonking even in the championship he’d be on higher wage’s

• 212 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:02 PM

manxpie

As much as I disagree with the banning of the press from SJP, when blatant lie’s are written in the press you can see why a club would ban a journalist

• 213 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:09 PM

jack aye it has to work both ways but i hate the press as much as ashley really and to think the ex editor of the same paper who ok’d them fake british army torture pics is now a top celebrity in the entertainment world makes me even sicker

and i love jeremy clarkson all the more since he punched him lol

the press are just as bad as ashley

• 214 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I have a large and rather ugly scar over my left eye.
    It was bust open with a great deal of bleeding by the forehead of a man much larger than I.
    He objected to me, a fellow fan who just happened to be working as a journalist, asking his opinion about “his” club.

It wasn’t you, was it? Or you, Jack?

• 215 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Droll

• 216 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Tayls
    No mate it’s hard to get to there games from down here ;)
    Great to see a local club on the up though
    You get to watch them much?

• 217 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Jack,

Ha ha,

Bashing people is fun like.
    We had four seats. Good seats. They were always full 45 minutes before kick-off, with three generations.
    They were noisy seats. Chattering with excitement.
    Those seats never booed the players. Or pissed off to the pub at half past four.
    Those seats hoped they would be passed on for generations. Those seats weren’t in mile wide and an inch deep.
    Perhaps you now occupy one of them?

• 218 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM

• 219 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Bash all you like :D

• 220 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Jack,

I’m sure you will.

• 221 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Seems like the NUFC waters are about to get a little murkier

• 222 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:33 PM

banb so your a journalist then in wat field?

the press are as bad as ashley unless it’s to do with the plight of the world!

• 223 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:35 PM

BandB 219

Now thats uncalled for :(

• 224 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM

jack so thats the same lawyer i suppose thats just denied the whole thing lol?

• 225 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:38 PM

manxpie

I know mate, it’s nut’s, who the hell do we believe?

But if that story about HBA’s lawyer getting involved is true then it could be NUFC are heading for another PR disaster

• 226 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Just for you mate :D

• 227 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:42 PM

i think its probably just another ego trying to get in on the “look at me” train just like agents

there should be a club statement released if this carries on tho but i won’t hold my breath lol

• 228 jimmysmith // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Steven Gerrard, best English player never to win an EPL title, genuine Anfield legend among so many legends and perhaps the greatest of all. Liverpool such a magnificent football club yet without a title in twenty years and now with one hand finally back on it and THAT happens. He must be deeply traumatized. I feel terribly sorry for him.

• 229 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:45 PM

“Ben Arfa’s lawyer confirms a lawsuit is being bought against Subway for excessive weight gain there sandwiches have inflicted on his client”

• 230 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:46 PM

“Hatem’s right, Pardew’s shite. @NUFC”

Is becoming popular on Twitter :D

• 231 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:47 PM

jimmy
    Don’t feel to bad, he’s just robbed your alloys

• 232 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:48 PM

lol jack all my fingers and 3 legs are crossed!

• 233 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Don’t understand this hostility to Liverpool. Proper football mad city, with proper football mad supporters and a team who against the free-spending Chelsea, City and Spurs have come on the cusp of winning a title only to have their legendary skipper make a mistake that could cost it for them.

Surely our own supporters are awake to the similarities between ourselves and Liverpool supporters. I for one would much rather a Liverpool supporter than those glory hunting bangwagon w*****s over at City or Chelsea.

• 234 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Messy indeed
    Neither the club or HBA are casting themselves in a good light
    For me this is downright unprofessional

@nufcfans: Hatem Ben Arfa on @instagram: ‘The manager didn’t pick me in the group to go to London’ #NUFC http://t.co/OKs3ztrR6a

• 235 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:53 PM

haha tads btw who bought that aspas fella and for how much?

i think that has to rate as the worst sub appearance of all time lol

• 236 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Ciaran
    Is there any? Was great to see Demba play such a huge role in such a pivotal game but gutted Chelsea won

• 237 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:54 PM

tads

I know mate, another mud-slinging competition is the last thing we need, but at least we can all honestly say that it’s never boring supporting this club

• 238 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:55 PM

ruddy for 1 there supporters!!

and 2 they stopped us winning a title so the return would be brilliant absolutley brilliant

• 239 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Ciaran

The Liverpool fans caused havoc outside the ground so they have not exactly covered themselves or the club in glory

• 240 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:58 PM

“favour”

• 241 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I’ll tell you what, Liverpool’s support puts most others, particularly our own, to shame. They back their team to the hilt but get off their arses to do something when things aren’t right at the club.

• 242 Transfer Sage // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:00 PM

For once I don’t blame Pardew on the whole ben arfa issue….benny has fallen out with every single manager and a lot of players he was worked with.

He is unofficially banned from the french national squad after all the rubbish he gets involved with.

The boy is lazy, a real talent but never has or will make it to a top top club due to his attitude. Look how much weight he gains when injured and how long he is out for….really struggles to have discipline to keep fit.

• 243 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:01 PM

JB

Have we forgotten ‘horse-punch’-gate? Knackers don’t represent an entire fan-base.

• 244 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Sage

you can’t say thing’s like that mate, didn’t you know that HBA is the French Messi ;)

• 245 Transfer Sage // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Ciaran, Jack..others

I think liverpool are the best fanbase in the country by a distance. They are so well organised with everything from driving owners out to backing their team with banners/flags to getting justice for those involved in the hillsborough disaster.

• 246 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Ciaran

no I haven’t mate, but that doesn’t make then any better than us or 99% of fans around the country

• 247 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

However, when it comes to activism, we don’t outdo many clubs. Find myself jealous of Hull fans in that regard. HULL FFS!

• 248 Transfer Sage // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:04 PM

jack

That would be zidane haha….he is the french gazza (but not as good and with different probems, pies not pints)

• 249 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Jack

If you think Newcastle’s support is better than Liverpool’s then I am afraid we will have to seismically disagree. They march with their feet and create an atmosphere that cannot be matched by any other club in England, whereas our fans are gluttons for punishment and SJP is like a graveyard.

• 250 Tayls // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Not really mate, just bits and bats. Might start following them a little bit more closely now, looks like they’ve got a good thing going.

On HBA, he’s a bit of a fatty now isn’t he? That picture on instagram looks like me on a sunderafternoon after me dinner watching the footy. Even still, I agree I that Alan Pardew is the man responsible for motivating our talent, and clearly he can’t.

• 251 Transfer Sage // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM

ciaran

still involved with MAOC i take it?

Would it not be worth contacting liverpool fan groups to get ideas on what they found worked best to get out hicks and gillette.

I read they enlisted celebrity fans to boost the profile of the campaign and to really get some clout behind the pressure.

• 252 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Ciaran

not saying that at all mate, it’s just Liverpool fans are not whiter than white

• 253 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Jack

Never said they were, but people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

• 254 Big Foot // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Ciaran, if you feel the admiration so strongly about Liverpool and give your love and praise to another club, please switch your support, as I’m sure your allegiance is easily given or won

• 255 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I see Ciaran is on here and where have you been hiding

• 256 Transfer Sage // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Big Foot

It’s more about respecting other fans….not wanting to be one of them.

• 257 croftus5678 // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:24 PM

hehe marv and arfa are no where near 1st team automatic choices in any team tbh ! those who are getting upset need to calm down and look at there games over the years.

imo both cause more harm to the team than do good for it ! fair enough both have sooo much talent they could be up there with the greats but sadly they just dont have the consistancy or the attitude for anything better than a mid table team at best and would do a lot better in a slower less skillfull league.

@240 ciaran

i do agree to a point …when we sold cole there was tons of us protesting and we got a reaction but we seem to have got used to all the rubbish and the fact that fat lad just doesnt care or aknowledge us no matter what we do.

i agree we need to do something instead of just moaning about it but this blog is a small number of fans and who of our 100′s of thousands of fans actually has had as much as they can take to the point they will do something about it or are they happy letting off steam ?

• 258 manxpie // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:29 PM

so hang on arfa expects to be picked after being injured and after 1 days training??

and everyone jumps on that
    name me 1 manager that would do any different lol

he’s obviously after a move and the wheels are in motion with his agent and lawyer and himself now!

• 259 Big Foot // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Transfer, we can all draw comparisons, but the statement Liverpool put most fans to shame ‘particularly ours’ is insulting, we all have low points as fans, and as a club, we are going through a terrible period due to the current regime, but as some older bloggers will confirm, there have been worse times and periods, worse players, worse managers and worse people at the top.

• 260 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Ruddy,

Bloody hell man!
    Don’t you EVER do that to me again :)
    Can I tick you back on again?
    Now I’ve ticked Jack off.
    Nice to see you back.

• 261 JackButler // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:38 PM

manxpie

HBA is his own worst enemy at time’s and there’s obviously a clash between him and Pardew, but in the world of NUFC Blog, both HBA and Marveuax are the answer to all our problems and it’s even funnier when you think that people slaughtered Cabaye when he went on strike knowing that HBA did the exact same thing to force a move here

• 262 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:40 PM

BandB

Don’t worry, we’re always on the same side, albeit with differing perspectives at times. Alphas tend to clash ;) I apologise for my part.

Big Foot

I call it like I see it. Sometimes the truth hurts. Get over it.

• 263 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:40 PM

“but as some older bloggers will confirm, there have been worse times and periods, worse players, worse managers and worse people at the top.”

I go back 30 years Big Foot. I remember some incompetent and venal regimes and rubbish players.
    I can’t remember one that did it as a matter of policy. I can’t remember one that said “fifth, let’s go for eighth, eighth, let’s go for tenth. Tenth, let’s say it is just a hope, not an instruction.”
    Can you?

• 264 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:41 PM

bpc at 146 dont know where you got this idea that gouffran has not played as a winger. he signed for bordeaux for 6 mill euros as a winger. he then played for 3 seasons as a winger for them .he then started playing as a striker the season before we signed him. think the reason pardew does not select marv is he watched him playinghis last full match against chelsea young reserves,as i did he was lazy gutless missed a one on one and his touch went downhill causing him to be subbed . he is no solution to our problems.

• 265 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Ruddy,

I know you haven’t checked.
    But I am definitely not an alpha.
    xxx

• 266 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:45 PM

BandB

Well you’re a bigger personality is all I meant in that sense, and big personalities tend to clash. No gender specific connotations intended :)

• 267 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:47 PM

You want the truth, you cant handle the truth

• 268 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Ruddy,

Well in your absence, newer, more controversial bloggers have come along who make you look positively tame and a model of even-tempered, thin-skinned moderation.
    I am expecting a reaction.

• 269 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:48 PM

A few good men

Good film

• 270 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Looks like someone else on here have got something in common with manxpie

• 271 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:51 PM

BandB

A reaction from myself? May have to defy expectations because I may take a more permanent hiatus from the blog, partly due to time constraints, partly due to exasperation and this new ‘generation’ will soon be the norm…

• 272 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Ciaran you are getting like manxpie every time you come on here

• 273 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Ciaran,

I hope you are “sticking in”. That sounds no worse in my mouth than it did in my mother’s.
    If you ever run into the new generation in Newcastle (wherever that is) can you please explain to him that his lecturers are never going to mark him well for a bunch of unsupported ideas that he just happens to have thought up, no matter how hard he winks and does that “say no more” thing with his finger on the side of his nose.
    Can you also explain to him that theories about the Illuminati and faked moon landings have little basis in science or fact. Let alone nanoscience. Just in case a friend of mine gets the essay to mark.

• 274 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Sage
    For me HBA is in the same category as Pardew
    Has a negative effect on the team and just needs to leave now

• 275 Big Foot // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Stereotypical response ciaran. It’s extremely interesting the differing levels of loyalty/ability to easily slag off the club between people based in Newcastle and those divorced or not from it.

• 276 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:16 PM

BandB

I heard it was somewhere in the North West so it appears I’ve not been living in Newcastle at all…

Believe me, I have plenty of people who hate me/disagree with me whom I’m trying to avoid at all costs but unfortunately circumstance dictates I must engage with a few of them at NUST’s open meeting on Thursday evening. Would be wonderful if you could be in attendance.

• 277 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Big Foot

As I have never engaged with you before, yet you appear to have some knowledge of me I am simply going to assume you are yet another brain-child of ‘he who shall not be named’ and as such I’m not going to engage with you, so you’re wasting your time.

• 278 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Ciaran.

I will be there.

Wendy x

• 279 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM

I’ll be there Ciaran you don’t mind do you

• 280 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Go Ciaran Go Ciaran Go

• 281 Jakenufc // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:25 PM

My team for next season –

Foster

Debuchy Caulker Willo/Mapou Haidara

Cabella Tiote Sissoko Zaha/Ince

Grenier
    Remy/Lacazette/Welbeck

• 282 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM

welsh,

Get yerself along!
    Does your concessionary bus pass get you this far?

• 283 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:29 PM

I wouldn’t bother going to the meeting anyway what a waste of bloody time, if Ashley is not going to listen to the fans everytime we play, he’s certainly not going to listen to people in the meetings

• 284 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Oh, I see,
    You were being facetious?
    How very brilliant of you.
    Where can I send you a pound so you can buy yourself an ice-cream?

• 285 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Is that an admission that you’re been Wendy Goebbels all along? :p

• 286 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Bus pass how much will that cost from South Wales, I’m sure Ciaran will keep us up to date, as if I would travel all the way up to the north east just for a meeting.

• 287 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Ciaran,

I just want her and the boys to know I will be coming.

• 288 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Well if you’re genuinely going to be there be sure to introduce yourself to me, would love a chat. It will be easier for you to spot me than for me to spot you. I’ll be the only Irish lad speaking haha

• 289 Alinufc // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Hey guys just an update on Campbell and Newton. I live in Glasgow and decided to go see St. Mirren vs Partick Thistle on Saturday to see how the two are getting on (as I have heard very little from my mates about them). To some things up in three words I would say not looking good (but I suppose what is at nufc atm). May I also add that both these teams are very subpar in SPL .

I’ll start with Campbell as he didn’t actually play the match (which may be saying a lot about quality but also their manager isn’t the best). I wish I could say differently and that he is the next Owen but from what I saw in his warm ups he wasn’t working anywhere near as hard as the others. He also took three snap shots from the centre just outside the area, one went tamely straight at the keeper, one went far right and the other was a slash (I believe otherwise a very audacious fail) that went over. I know it is not much to go by but from what I saw he does not look like a finisher, maybe the wing is best for him.

Now onto Newton. I had heard things about Newton but given his age and the fact he is still getting loaned out I was unsure what to expect. I would say nothing disastrous, but also was bossed around in the midfield. He gave away the ball the majority of the time he had it, as he kept attempting passes that he didn’t seem to be capable of. However I will say for him that in the snapshot warm up he absolutely hammered a couple top corner, and he didn’t seem fraid to take on a shot in the game.

• 290 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Ciaran

Are you talking to me or band b or both

• 291 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Ciaran if you are speaking then what is you role

• 292 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Ciaran,

I hope a few others are there too. I’d love to meet people I haven’t met in the flesh. It’s time to say a few hellos.
    And also, I hope, to meet few old chums.

• 293 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Welsh

I’m a NUST board member.

BandB

I’ve met a few off here, I am sure you can tell who. Well it will be nice to finally put a face to the blogger. My ugly mug has already made it into the papers a few times and on Look North so a few have already seen my money maker haha

• 294 BandB // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Ciaran,

I saw you on Look North.
    I am a Tyne-Tees girl myself.
    Anyway, I’ll be in red, if I don’t spot you first.

• 295 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Ciaran

Can you tell us on Thursday what happened

• 296 Laurent Robert 32 // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Ben Arfa looked overweight a number of months ago, but when I’ve seen him at the game of I don’t think he is and my seat is right at the front and close. He has good acceleration, but there is still no movement around him as usual.

He still has had a number of man of the matches.

Having a go at a flair player for being ineffective is quite ridiculous when Pardew’s negative tactics affect the whole team and their relationship with each other.

It’s depressing watching Pardew’s shambolic coaching and management so being involved in it must be mental torture. A certain de-motivator for usually gifted individuals.

• 297 stan anderson // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Pardew is a loser always has been and we are stuck with him.
    Top 5 finish we had a couple of years ago was pure luck.I was talking to an old pal that season about how we were carrying loads of luck and we both agreed we,d never had as much good fortune going for us with regards injuries,ref.decisions going for us etc.
    Thats after over 55 years of watching the Toon.
    Would,ve loved it for Liverpool to win title as they have a British manager and i hate Morinho nearly as much as Pardew and the Fatman.
    We have more in common with the Scousers than we do with the Chelsea and Citeh billionaires.

• 298 Ciaran // Apr 27, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Welsh

The meeting is on Thursday.

BandB

I still have it on my Tivo box, my vanity knows no bounds :p

I’ll keep an eye out for you and it will be great to finally meet and have a chat. I must be off, glad we buried the hatchet, and not in each other’s heads that is!

• 299 MacToon // Apr 27, 2014 at 11:36 PM

The lady in red, sounds like a making of a mackem nightmare or a night to remember. Don’t expect an early finish B&B even though the Trust will finish before 9.

• 300 lesh // Apr 27, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Ahhhh, some of tonight’s conversations, they’re heart-warming.
    :’(

• 301 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE // Apr 27, 2014 at 11:48 PM

jakenufc at 280 cant see why we were after grenier seems to be another bad decision as de jong by our scouts . imo is a6 ft 2 version of marv . has been injured for quite afew games and has not been missed .would rather sign his replacement ferri but lyon are a greedy club. grenier takes the majority of free kicks and corners 135 has had the exact amount of shots as gomis 61 and has 4 goals and 4 assists. as someone who has watched alot of french football recently we should make gomis our priority signing, another goal today, and avoid grenier he wont make it in prem imo.

• 302 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE // Apr 27, 2014 at 11:56 PM

great to see gateshead in the conf play offs .saw my first ever match there 1953 and was a ball boy there when they were in the league in the late 50s. 3p and a free bovril at half time but got the best view standing in the dog track that went round the ground. best of luck to them.

• 303 We are the mags // Apr 28, 2014 at 2:21 PM

just read the first 30 or more posts on this blog and all it is is a bunch of so called supporters bitching each other, we need to remember we are here to discuss Newcastle united and everyone has a right to an opinion, no matter what it is, honestly lads grow up and get a grip its really spoiling the blog for me, we are all in this together and i would strongly suggest if you want to personally offend people go elsewhere and do it, howay man lads pack it in . HWTL

previous post: This Would Definitely Reignite Newcastle’s Season