The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Tough Game For Newcastle On Monday Night

7:35 am, Sunday, April 27th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 8 Comments

The Emirates is a place Newcastle have always found it difficult to pick up points from, and with losing five Premier League games in a row, it would be a surprise if Newcastle can take anything out of the game tomorrow night.

alan pardew behind mike ashley painful

Alan Pardew and Mike Ashley

Newcastle did win back in our first season back in the Premier League in 2010, when Chris Hughton was the manager, and it was an Andy Carroll header just before half time that won us the game 1-0.

Newcastle will have Mathieu Debuchy, Loic Remy and Moussa Sissoko back in the side, so it will be our strongest side since early March.

Let us know how you think this game will go tomorrow night, and the least we want to do is to try to stop the losing streak – currently at five games – but that could be difficult.

How Will Newcastle Fare at Arsenal?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

8 responses so far ↓

• 1 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Ed, I’ll wait for your next post. Not much to talk about here :)

• 2 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Why is this blog so dead in the mornings?

…it is not that often you get some peace and quite from the kids ;)

• 3 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:47 AM

“…On a Sunday I’ll think it through.
    On the drive back I’ll think it through.
    What you wish for won’t come true.
    Live with that.”

• 4 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:48 AM

“…that’s why I’m easy
    I’m easy like Sunday morning
    That’s why I’m easy
    I’m easy like Sunday morning”

• 5 cestriasteve // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Captain what’s your thoughts on the post from yesterday about Pardew commenting on strengthening the squad post cabaye going, at the end of the day we got 20m for a player who wanted to go and we have finished about 2 places either side of where we wanted to be. Yes it’s been shite, I can’t even watch on MOTD let alone use my season ticket but we followed our strategy of buy cheap and sell on.

• 6 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:52 AM

“…Sunday morning
    praise the dawning
    It’s just a restless feeling by my side
    Early dawning
    Sunday morning
    It’s just the wasted years so close behind”

• 7 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 27, 2014 at 7:57 AM

cestriasteve…I cannot see us spending more than we need because:

a) I don’t think NoNuts is going to throw money at Parsnip

b) as you say our philosophy is to buy cheap and sell

Or main problem is though:

c) players are sold a lie

d) players want out

The Benny story is just the tip of the iceberg I think.

• 8 Sav // Apr 27, 2014 at 10:45 AM

No pundit gives us any chance. Most reckon its to be a cricket score. I just hope our outfit find some balls and don’t disgrace themselves.
    Somebody, please give Gouffran a rest or a shake or a stiff drink.

previous post: Ben Arfa Reported To Be Banned By Newcastle