Debuchy, Remy And Sissoko All Start At Arsenal

arsenal-fc-crest1nufc emblem

Mathieu Debuchy, Loic Remy and Moussa Sissoko all start the game tonight against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium, and that’s the first time all three have started a game for over two months.

Newcastle (4-4-1-1): Tim Krul; Mathieu Debuchy, Mike Williamson, Fabricio Coloccini (c), Paul Dummett; Dan Gosling, Vurnon Anita, Cheick Tiote, Yoan Gouffran; Moussa Sissoko; Loic Remy
Substitutes: Rob Elliot, Massadio Haidara, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Steven Taylor, Gabriel Obertan, Adam Armstrong, Shola Ameobi

Referee: Neil Swarbrick (Lancashire)

Gabby Obertan is on the bench for the first time in a long time, and 17 year-old Adam Armstrong is also a substitute.

It looks like Newcastle will start in a 4-4-1-1 formation and Moussa Sissoko will play in the withdrawn striker role with Loic Remy up front, and Shola Ameobi is on the bench, after scoring his first Premier League goal of the season last time out against Swansea.

The Arsenal side is a strong one with Aaron Ramsey, Mesut Ozil, Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud all starting, and a reported Newcastle target this summer, Carl Jenkinson, is on the bench:

Arsenal (4-2-3-1): Wojciech Szczesny; Bacary Sagna, Per Mertesacker, Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal; Mikel Arteta, Aaron Ramsey; Mesut Ozil, Santi Cazorla, Lukas Podolski; Olivier Giroud
Substitutes: Lukasz Fabianski, Carl Jenkinson, Thomas Vermaelen, Kim Kallstrom, Mathieu Flamini, Tomas Rosicky, Yaya Sanogo

Alan Pardew is back on the touchline today for the first time since March 1st, after serving his seven match ban,  and this is what Arsene Wenger had to say about that:

“He will try to control himself much more.” “You feel frustrated when you are not close to your team physically because you are used to it and you feel you still have a level of intervention. Maybe it is purely subjective, but it exists in your mind.”

“It is a job where you are under huge pressure, and at the Emirates we had no incidents because the distance between the two managers is big.”

“Sometimes you get upset because you hear what the other manager is saying and you go ‘what is he doing? Why is he talking to the referee and the fourth official?’ At Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, you basically are very close.”

In our poll for the game, 89% think Newcastle will lose the game, and if that happens it will be six PL defeats in a row for the very first time, and Newcastle really need to get something out of this game.

Howay The Lads!!

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Santon injured?

• MacToon

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Hope the two days of hard training pays off tonight.

• Transfer Sage

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:55 PM

what’s the obsession with dan gosling of late?

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Santon

Out for the season with Hamstring

• Online Guy

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Good evening Mactoon

Iv had a few conversations with Durham Land Registry official’s this month and last..

Told to.feel free to keep checking for an update on the Land lease sale at strawberry place ..

Now the Lady I usually speak with will give info, but under the rules she cannot give info on any particular subject’s finer points unless I mention it first ,, She can then give the answer to the questioner’s queries and finer points, freely, and does .

Today’s info was going over old ground with what I have already posted on here ..this info was gleaned at around 1630: today

NO sale as yet
    No transference as to date
    no searches .

They mentioned that Newcastle United Holdings could be selling the under lease thus retaining the head lease..I should have asked for the exact answer on that . they mentioned the head lease, and also the under lease was brought into the conversation by them. I think , now , she wanted me to ask the question…it passed me by during the conversation..she would have had to tell me under the rules . If you mention it first they can go right into it .( The under lease can be sold thus Ashley retains the head lease ..) I would not put it past him.

Here’s the most important thing about today’s info from said establishment …and it might be something to go on , shot in the dark by me really.

If you get in touch with them quote this reference..Freehold is TY51078..no applications since 2011

Leasehold TY344775 (no applications since 2006) that is the ref for the leasehold that Newcastle United holdings are selling off

But ! but ! there is a separate Issue that might save the day here .

.I asked if there was any other issue in any form that could stop any prospective buyer obtaining planning permission for future development (I mentioned public amenity at this juncture ).

I was then told of a little square block of land right in the middle of this land that’s up for sale, not ! owned by Nexus or Newcastle United holdings .

No reference was made by DLR that it could block any future build mind ,but as I’v said if you broach the subject, under the rules of Land Reg, they have to tell you .

They told me that this block of land was right in the middle of the land that’s up for sale and not owned by either one of them

The magic reference number of this little block of land ..not! owned by Nexus, and not owned by Newcastle United Holdings is ND13389.

Its slap bang in the middle of the proposed development site ..

One more point ..Here’s an exiting bit of info ..I broached the subject of the road that runs past the Gallowgate. I was told that there is no owner noted for it ! ..I asked if it was council land ..she said no.

I am now thinking that the road is common land and belong’s to the people of Newcastle. I should have probed that subject more, in hindsight, and she would have had to tell me …

Going on my own intuition, and keep in mind I’v been told by an official at DLR that the council does not have its name on that road ..I deduce that it is common land.

Anyway a few pointers and food for thought.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:57 PM

MacToon
    Seriously? 2 days? Fuskin hell why the hell did they need extra time off?

• Spoof

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Why are we still persevering with Colo, he is almost certain to leave and is clearly past his best, why not allow Mbiwa to get more game time, unless he is also on his way out ?

• TorqToon

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Sage – he has been one of our best performers in the past few games.

Which highlights the huge lack of quality we have, and have shown of late.

Decent side though and will be behind the lads no matter what. I didn’t choose to be a toon fan, the toon chose me.

• Ciaran

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:59 PM

*Slow sarcastic clap* Well done…

• Transfer Sage

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM

torq

Good to see you back. I honestly don’t see it from gosling. I think he has a lot of work in him but not quality.

Hoping we win of course, just think we will be overran in the middle and have little quality to get service into remy.

• TorqToon

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Spoof – completely agree.

I’d have Mbiwa in for colo all day long. He won’t leave in the summer but colo is sure too, so give the lad some playing time!

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Online

Can you simplify? The positives if there are any.

• toonarmydownsouth

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:01 PM

HD
    Ah right cheers mate, oh and glad you were wrong about Shola

• TorqToon

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Sage – thanks mu friend. And nice to see some of the old faces.

And I agree on gosling. Another who was hyped to the max, yet failed to show anything of substance. Whether that be his fault, pardew fault or whatever, he is simply a middle of the range player and nothing more.

The new faces in the summer will change this club and the way we play.

• Ciaran

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Easily a 3-0 defeat at the very least. Will be completely bossed in midfield and our dire lack of pace at the back will be exposed. There isn’t a single player on the pitch for us who can cause Arsenal any significant problems, even Remy will be easily marshalled by Arsenal’s ever-present centre halves so once more we’re utterly toothless.

Not negative spin, simply statements of fact.

• catchy in norway

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:02 PM

hoping , preying for a good old hamering , 5 or 6 – 0 would be nice

• welshgeordie9

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:02 PM

welshgeordie9
    April 28, 2014
    Well then guys I’m going for a 3-0 win to the toon 2 for remy and 1 for Anita I can feel it in the air and I can feel it in my bones

I can feel it there’s something in the air tonight

Come on the toon

• santonthenewmaldini

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Sissoko is a right winger !!Thats the best he has played for us he does not have the close control for the centre always looks lost until he goes on the wing

• Himanshu Dhingra

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Dr Sir,

How are you?

• welshgeordie9

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:03 PM

I maybe welsh but I have got black and white blood

• Ciaran

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Ho-ho some more ITK info hot of the press. Get it while it’s ludicrous 😉

• Transfer Sage

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:04 PM

torq

Still get many rumours? I get nothing anymore, my friend left the club for a nice job in the UAE so i’m done with any snippets of gossip.

• welshgeordie9

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I can feel it something’s in the air tonight

• JAMSHA

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM

every newcastle player on loan are playn good… clearly shows PARDEW IS A TW@T…. ALL HE KNOWS TO DESTROY A TALENT

• Ketsbaia9

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Haha, he starts Gosling and has Obertan on the bench but doesn’t play Ben Arfa or Marveaux. Pardew is crazy.

• welshgeordie9

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Perhaps I should call myself a Geordie Jack

• validator

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Online guy leave the town and Country planning to the professionals.

• TorqToon

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Sage – no, nothing mate. Just giving my opinion on what I think needs to happen.

No point in saying otherwise really. Gonna be a tough tough game and if arsenal keep in their recent stride, we could be on the end of a hammering and that could be pardew’s last chance gone.

• MacToon

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Cheers Online, I’ve sent info to board members.

• Ketsbaia9

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Pardew doesn’t like flair players. Tony Pulis got stick for playing the long ball all the time but Pardew is even worse. Gouffran shouldn’t be in the team. He’s been poor recently. We have no flair players in the team apart from Remy. Marveaux and Ben Arfa must have been banging Pardew’s wife in a tag team.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM

So Marv is keeping Benny company at Benton?

…what a sport 😉 lol

• Transfer Sage

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:09 PM

torq

I have no idea where we are going at all with this regime, just can’t see progress.

I have no idea if pardew will stay or go, there is no plan at the club it seems so difficult to see what will really happen with pardew.

• Ketsbaia9

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Wouldn’t be surprised if Pardew appointed George Burley as his assistant in order to bang half of the players wives.

• guvnor

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Pardews prowling the touchline tonight, so it’s a 5-1 victory to Newcastle United.

• Spoof

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Torq

I’m not too sure that Mbiwa will stay, Williamson is average at best and Colo is now very poor but still Pardew rates both of them above Mbiwa, to me that doesn’t look to good for the lad, I don’t feel that he is been given a fair chance, granted he has made some right howlers but I feel that is still due to him underestimating the speed that the game is played here and the only way to rid himself of that is to play more games, meaningless end of season games would be ideal for him, although I am not a Pardew basher like many on here, I do feel that Pardew’s handling of Mbiwa has been very poor, over the last few games even with the howlers I still feel that we would have conceded less with him in rather than Colo

• welshgeordie9

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I’m looking forward to tonight’s game loads of goals and a sending off plus two managers going head to head so to speak

• GeordieTwo

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I’m fancying a good 5-0 trouncing by them lot. Some typical Pardwhovian play from us. Scrambly bits, poor free kicks and corners, lots of excuses after the game. Beautiful.

• GeordieTwo

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Is anybody else looking forward to our scrambly bits?

• welshgeordie9

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I can feel it in the welsh water it’s going to be a good night

• Online Guy

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Himanshu

Land that does not belong to Ashley, and does not belong to Nexus… it might be something that stops the sale of land lease by Ashley., which could be a detrimental exercise as regards ground expansion in the future.
    Does that explain it. ?