Newcastle Need Six Good Players Brought In This Summer

Alan Pardew has talked today about the club making an investment in the transfer window this summer, the fact we have some good young players coming through the youth system, and that he is glad to be back on the sidelines after serving a seven match ban, during which time Newcastle took only three points with one win and six defeats.

lee charnley and alan pardew

Alan Pardew in the stands with Lee Charnley

This is what Alan Pardew has said:

“We have investment in the summer that we can make and we’re going to make it” “There’s an assumption that we’re not going to sign players but that’s definitely not the case.”

“And I want to make that point strongly.” “But the truth of it is that in two or three years’ time, we’ve got six or seven kids here who are going to make an impact.”

“It’s been tough being away from my team.” “It was a real punishment. I’m not saying I agree with all the punishment but I accepted it.”

“I had said I would look at whether I’m best watching from the stand but I’ll go back to the dug-out.” “And I’ll be better on the sidelines than I have been.”

“The players are all very much aware they have to finish the season strongly not just for their individual ambitions but for Newcastle.” “We need to get at least one big result before the end of the season.”

A big result these days is a win – or at least anything but a defeat – since after tonight’s game we could have suffered six losses on the trot. 🙁

We’ve been told for the last six years that we have some good players coming through the Youth Academy, but one of the things that let us down last season was when the youngsters were given their chance, and they couldn’t get the job done.

So it’s not surprising there’s some skepticism there about the young lads coming through at the club,  and we haven’t had one young player come through the ranks to be a regular starter at the club, in the last seven years under owner Mike Ashley.

We do think we are going to have a good transfer window this summer, but it could be we don’t get too many of our number one targets, but this is certainly a vital transfer window for the club, and we need to bring in at least six very good players over the summer months.

If we don’t do that we could well have a very tough season next time around.

• TurkishFan101

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Repost:

Morning lads,

Unfortunate with palace losing last night to Man City.

All this Shelvey talk is rubbish, he will be worth over £15m for Swansea and his happy where he is.

Was quiet saddened that he had announced himself out of the squad for the game tonight but who didn’t see it coming under Pardew?

If Shola gets into management then he will destroy every single striker he comes across.

Just shows, would you ever trust Pardew’s opinion about rating a future upcoming manager when we have seen what he has done at his time with nufc.

Especially Shola making a living and playing at the center while Remy was playing out on the wing?

He scores once in 16months and he thinks he’s the messi of nufc.

There’s your answer for fans that think we are getting in 6 players+

Only 2 coming in, 3 at the maximum.

• TurkishFan101

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:36 AM

The worst thing is, this idiot thinks he will be here for another 3 years..

• firebug666

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM

If Pardrew told me today was Monday, I would have to check the calender to confirm it. I just cannot bring myself to trust anything that drops out of his mouth.

This man cannot see past his own ego, we want to know what the clubs plans are for the future, and the only way we would get that would be a statement from Ashley and we all know that will never happen.

Pardrew may want 6 or 7 players, and he may say we are going to sign X amount of players, he has made similar declarations in the past, but he does not hold the purse strings. He should change his statement to I would like x amount of players in.

• TurkishFan101

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:46 AM

When was the last time seven kids made the step up to first team let alone 6? Last time we had a kid step up was Carroll, that’s only 1!

Don’t say Summer because he is just a pardew favourite and somehow is in front of Haidara..

Every time he opens his gob, you see Niagara falls with millions of excuses and sh!t pouring out.

• firebug666

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:48 AM

TurkishFan101

You say: Ben Arfa won’t buy out his contract, although he could, he loves nufc, town, fans too much to do so.

His agent has said that he is considering doing just that. He may love the club (as you say) and the fans. I don’t doubt that that for a minute, but the lad has to look at his own agenda. If he has fallen out with Pardrew, and if he is not going to get many games, then like every other player he will want to be off, if the club will not let him leave then he has to look to his other options.

He may not leave us this year, but then again if we get a big enough offer, or he finds another club that want him he will be off, and I for one won’t blame him.

• kimbo

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I am sick of hearing we have “Good youngster coming through”. We have only 1 potential and if beating Blyth 4-0 was the wonderful performance Pardew was talking about last week then we are stuffed. Watching the unclean easily beat Cardiff yesterday makes me think what excuses Pardew will make when Cardiff outplays us on Saturday, if we cannot beat Cardiff then Pardew should be put on the next train back to Cockeney Land.

• bobby mango

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:15 AM

6 in? Get real.
    Pardew is teeing us up for another 2-3 years of not signing enough players… Will keep saying we’ve got these youngsters coming through.
    Aside from Armstrong, Bigi and Haidara who’s he taking about? Not Campbell, he won’t make it

• Sav

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I’ve defended Pardew on the basis that no-one better would work under Monster Mash and these circumstances but speaking as his PR guru, I must admit it would simplify my job no end if he’d just keep his trap shut.