The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Player Wins Cup Medal

4:08 pm, Monday, April 28th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 153 Comments

Newcastle on-loan midfielder Mehdi Abeid picked up a Greek Cup Winners medal at the weekend,  with Panathinaikos getting a 4-1 win over PAOK Salonika, and Swedish International striker Marcus Berg scored a hat trick for the winners.

mehdi abeid panan

Mehdi Abeid – at Panathinaikos for the season

Nikos Karelis also scored for Panathinaikos, and Zvonimir Vukic scored PAOK Salonika’s consolation goal, after Mehdi Abeid brought down Lino inside the penalty box after 70 minutes, and Vukic converted the penalty. :(

Abeid has had a very successful loan spell this season in Greece, and he’s had first team football every week and has played 34 times with 8 goals and 7 assists for the Greek side.

Panathinaikos are 4th top of the Greek Super League at the moment on 66 points from 34 games, and they are only three points behind second placed PAOK Salonika.

Olympiakos are running away with the title (again) with a massive 86 points from 34 games, and they are 17 points ahead of PAOK Salonika.

And news today in the Chronicle that Newcastle officials are very happy with the progress being made by the Algerian U23 International, and will give the young midfielder every chance in pre-season, to show just how much he has progressed playing for the Greek side this season.

Mehdi has five appearances for Newcastle United – so far – and the youngster turns 22 in early August.

After the game and cup win on Saturday, this is what Mehdi had to say:

“I have made progress as a player and as a man.” “It has been a fantastic season.”

Newcastle could loan out their younger players more regularly, so they can get first team football and have a chance to show what they can do – and they should progress much more quickly than playing for the Newcastle U21 side all season.

What do you think?

Tags: Loan Moves · Mehdi Abeid · Newcastle U21 · Other News

153 responses so far ↓

• 1 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Repost

You know some people are just better at discussing football from the sofa or maybe even coaching instead of playing like our Shola and some are not just like our very own Percy Parsnip ;)

• 2 Mike's Iron Curtain // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:12 PM

You’ve scaled the walls and escaped the institute Mehdi, don’t be silly and turn yourself in.

• 3 70TWO // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I am infuriated with Pardew before even a ball has been kicked and don’t believe there will be any relief from anything resembling a good performance. Some on here were saying the other day that he is delusional, believing that he is the only one who can resolve the situation. He also tried to explain away what he says by suggesting that he tries to protect the squad and individuals. However, whatever he spouts is only for one purpose, to protect his own position from all sides, including the owner.

I don’t know if the Journal has messed with Pardews quotations about future transfers but it is only just coherent and completely his own opinion. The position it portrays is an appeal rather than a statement of fact. The conclusion that I make is that he is isolated from those in charge at NUFC, possibly through design by Ashley in an attempt to make him walk. Unfortunately this has been torturous for fans and an underestimation of Pardews perspective of himself.

• 4 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Do we even know if we still own Abeid? I mean maybe there is a price Panatinikos can trigger?

• 5 Ibizatoon // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:14 PM

WTF?!? Sending out a player to a team that wins things?

That doesn’t tie in well with our mediocrity. He’ll have to be sold now, can’t have a winning mentality, no no, far to disruptive.

Off with you Abeid, shoo.

• 6 TurkishFan101 // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Pardew does not have a Plan B let alone a Plan A.

This guy made it into management by surprise, in those days anyone could become a manager, just look at Joe Kinnear.

• 7 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:16 PM

I’ll tell you if that’s the case I gonna laugh my socks off ;)

• 8 guvnor // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:17 PM

All the players that escape Pardews coaching flourish.

• 9 TurkishFan101 // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I said this before that there was bust up between Carr and Pardew last summer, there will be even a bigger one if Pardew stays this summer and tries to forces his british championship quality players.

Graham Carr is doing brilliantly for a headscout that is on a very very tight budget on targets, most of the players that he has brought in here are not even 1st in his list so he has always managed to scout backups.

Mike will have the final pick and that is sacking Pardew, not Graham Carr.

Journalists are only starting to release reports now that Graham Carr had said on the foreign signings that were made previously, if Pardew was in charge, we would be a relegation battling side or long relegated last season if we didn’t buy those players in January.

• 10 guvnor // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Ashley could save himself a few bob, if he sacked Pardew and hired a proper coach who understands the young players and how to develop them.

• 11 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Online Guy

To play devil’s advocate, someone could argue that he could have found his love for the club again after that conversation you had but…there would be scant evidence to prove that!

I have been of the opinion for a long time that he bought NUFC as a plaything as well as an investment, only he then proceeded to play with NUFC with all the skill of a young child with a new set of lego rather than a prudent and savvy businessman. Then when his lego model started to go wrong, rather than read the instructions or get an adult to help him, he asked one of his mates who was just as bad. By that point, he’d already broken a few pieces and he was never going to be able to build what it was supposed to be so he just knocked something up with half the pieces and hoped it might be valuable in a few years…

I do think some of the fans grossly overreacted when Keegan left, but then that is the job of fans. If they don’t behave like that when something negative happens, they don’t turn up in their thousands when we sign a player either…

I think some fans expect too much from our owner, when many other clubs have similar owners but the key difference for me is that those other owners do the smart thing and employ a real football man to run their club. That is/was the crucial mistake I believe.

• 12 Mister Tuff // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Ian Toon – ref previous post. I had anticipated some cheek from you in respect of my post about Roman numerals -probably along the lines that it was the only system available when I was at school. However, you were not tempted by a whippersnappers viewpoint and issued a compliment, thank you very much.
    I now try to apply the BBC test -which you advocate – sometimes tricky getting the balance right on a football blog – so as not to bore folk. Being truthful -the BBC test is probably the only decent thing I have learnt from your writings. Good effort keep it up.

• 13 Ibizatoon // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:29 PM

TDSarf…Have you enjoyed your break?

Honestly, does Ashley need us to play devils advocate? He has a team of people who already do that for him.

• 14 TurkishFan101 // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:29 PM

It’s either you fans side Pardew with his british signings and and championship recoups (Obertan and look at West Ham and Charlton)

Or its Graham Carr’s foreign player signings (cabaye, tiote, ben arfa, anita, santon, debuchy, cisse, mbiwa, haidara, sissoko, gouffran, abied, roman amalflatino)

Cannot include De Jong because it would be unfair to judge him based on how the whole squad is playing below average already and very bad coaching from Pardew. He was already confident-shot at germany and came here its even hit him worse..

• 15 Thump // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Pardew is laughable. The funny thing is, if Shola were to turn himself into a player manager, I’d take him every day of the week over Pardew. Average players tend to make good managers.

• 16 Mike's Iron Curtain // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:35 PM

BBC = Big Black Cock.

I’m not sure I should enquire any further into the nature of these tests.

• 17 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Ibizatoon

Very much so thank you. There has been enough negativity on the pitch without being dragged to virtual suicidal depths by listening to everyone else’s negativity on a regular basis I’m afraid…

I think a balanced view is required because balanced and calculated decisions are what’s needed to do the best for our club, not emotional and snap decisions. Several vocal fans were calling for Willo and Tiote to be sold, for Remy not to be signed and in the past for the likes of Chopra to start regularly. Passionate fans who shout the loudest are usually not the best to judge what is best for the long-term future of our club.

But passionate fans who shout loudly should be considered by the club and engaged with. Those are often the fans who sing the loudest, who go to every game they can and who help to create the spirit of NUFC that brings in new fans both at home and abroad.

I’m certainly not going to enter into a debate on whether Ashley should be owner or not because there’s nobody above him to set him targets, only he will choose if he stays or goes and we have no idea on potential replacements. However, we know Pardew will either miss or just achieve his minimum target, we know he failed last year and we know there are plenty of managers at least as skilled as Pardew who would be interested in his job.

• 18 Our Toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:41 PM

What a day, the club seem to be trying to portray HBA as the bad seed, hoping his past reputation will help win fans over that he is the reason for our demise.

I read every day that since Cabaye left we’ve been on a slump etc, it’s not since Cabaye left….the slump started well before that. I even remember fans saying sell Cabaye after what happened in August, these same fans are now saying why was he not replaced and we shouldn’t have sold him. Go back through to them articles and read the dross that has been posted.

MA is the biggest issue but my immediate concern is the players we are being linked to….these brits that will never amount to anything. The myth that British players work hard, yet we have strolla who is British but has chosen to play for Nigeria. I look at the Chelsea trio of Willian, Oscar and Ramieres, these 3 work harder than any Premier League players I’ve seen this season. Tevez, Aguero grafters again, I think we should be looking at the South American market and pick up some of the younger kids coming through there.

• 19 terencelim // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:48 PM

@ToonDarnSarf You don’t have to debate anything about Ashley. All readers here know you’re his cock sucker.

• 20 gazzaforever // Apr 28, 2014 at 4:57 PM

@Terence LOL. So true.

• 21 Our Toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Does anyone else think Tiote is off in the summer?

I think he will be sold, Man Utd will make an offer for him which we will accept!!

• 22 validator // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM

TDS your admiration of Ashley is well documented, but you have to concede defeat in your quest to find the man accepted by the fans.

• 23 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Ourtoon,

Do you not think Cabaye has been sorely missed? He had bagged 7 goals up until January.

Im shocked at that comment.

• 24 Our Toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Toon Prodigy

Read through peoples comments when Cabaye wanted out in August, the articles are still there for you to check up on.

I was in the minority who said if he goes we will struggle to create anything, I was shot down and told no player is bigger than the club. I don’t think we should have sold him but I also think the losing run was on the cards even with him in the team!!

• 25 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Make sure you have your exit planned tonight if your going to the game lads
    There’s a massive tube strike on and doubt any one is going to be in the mood to hang around to long after the game!

• 26 Average_Contents // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Just sums it up really

• 27 Our Toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM

To answer your question though….Yes he has been sorely missed my friend but a manager with half a brain would have continued with 433 Tiote and Sissoko holding HBA on the right switching with Marv who would play in the hole

• 28 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM

validator

I admire Ashley as a businessman but most definitely not a football club owner and certainly not as the owner of NUFC. He has organised the financial side of it very well from what I can see but has completely failed in several areas on the football side of things.

So, no, I’m not a fan. And I’ve put that on record more than once. I just don’t agree with gross negativity, insults or campaigns demanding that the owner leaves. I can’t see anything positive coming from any of that.

He’ll never be accepted by the fans because he just doesn’t get them and the vast majority don’t get him. The best that could be hoped for would be for him to disappear into the background and appoint a real football man to do the day to day stuff of running this club.

• 29 DokToon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:18 PM

@19…

and people ask why the blog is dying a slow death… comments like that… typical joker hiding behind his keyboard since someone doesnt agree with you…

• 30 wolfshead@toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM

tads

i backed us for the draw/win and remy to score first lol

• 31 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Ourtoon,

I can remember the discussions, about taking 30 million for him and all that aye. I think most were in agreement to take it so long as he was adaquetly replaced and the money went back into the squad.

This hasn’t been the case though.

I’v got a different take on it, I think if Remy, Debuchy and Cabaye played in the last, say, 10 games? We wouldn’t be on this run. The results may of been sporadic, but no where near as bad. I suppose we will never know truly. But my own personal thoughts I think we would of did alot better.

• 32 validator // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM

TDS apology accepted.

• 33 DokToon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:20 PM

ourtoon @ 21

if ashley can make a buck on anything, it’ll be sold… except for the advertising at SJP…. that will always be free….

• 34 ilovetoon8788 // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:20 PM

It’s going to be a long day today.. You all know why and what’s coming. Hopefully we keep it low and decent and not some cricket score..

• 35 Jail for Ashley // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:20 PM

TDsarf,
    You’re back, was it the recent positivity that made you return, I’m glad you’ve had the common sense to not tell us the season has been a success as we’ve met our targets, as for Mashers financial success for us, he’s worked wonders in being able to compete with WBA and Burnley in the transfer market, and from his point of view making that 50M a year in revenue disappear must be very financially rewarding.

• 36 NEoffers.co.uk // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Jason Isaacs – Newcastle City Hall – Only £19.99 (usually £25)

This very special gig crowns what has been a whirlwind 6 months for the “Nations Favourite Crooner”.

• 37 TurkishFan101 // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Excellent piece

• 38 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:26 PM

To be fair the consensus about cabaye leaving and shouldn’t affect our form was based on the accepted strategy that key positions have more than one player at disposal. What affected us wasn’t cabaye leaving, it was the lack of an understudy or even replacement.

• 39 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Another famous Pardew quote: “It’s a good thing most of the clubs below us are crap, because we’re crap as well.” :shock:

• 40 validator // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM

@38 your powers of observation are remarkable.

• 41 Our Toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM

There were alot of comments like if he wants to leave then sell him, he’s not that good anyway, Anita can replace him. He’s over-rated. Read them mate….you will know where im coming from

• 42 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Spot on Tsunki@38. I suppose that’s what led to his famous quote @39 mate. :)

• 43 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Well said Micky

• 44 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Cabaye was excellent overall. He had some indifferent games but who wouldn’t playing for Pardew? And he cost 4.5M. We won’t get another like him for less than 15M. Clever move Ashley.

• 45 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:30 PM

I know it’s been said or even thought before, but the fact we are considering buying stocking fillers like Shelvey and Colback while other teams scout our talented players ( if they aren’t sick of things to the point of buying their way out) makes for a depressing image of our clubs aspirations. To be like Aston Villa.

• 46 wolfshead@toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM

mickey quinn is hardly in a position to accuse someone of not running something properly he had his training license revoked by the jockey club for for neglecting some of his horses

• 47 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Sorry Validator, was that sarcasm or a compliment? I was just pointing out Our Toons post about being shot down in flames for saying cabaye leaving would affect us wasn’t completely unjustified.

• 48 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I would never make fun of Pards lass. You lot know me better than that. His other recent famous quote: “When the going gets tough, I scratch me knackers.” :shock:

• 49 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Mickey is also about the same size as Wor mike so he can’t run his weight watchers diet any better.

• 50 validator // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Shelvey and Colback are promising young footballers, if you knew anything about the game you would grasp that fact@45

• 51 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM

DokToon

And why I disappeared from the blog for a few weeks…

• 52 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Aaaooooga! Aaaooooga! Attention mates for an important blog announcement. I have noticed that the letter z is underutilized on here. This must cease forthwith! Huzzah!

• 53 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:37 PM

validator

Cheeky sod! :-)

No apology coming from me. That’s been my stance for a long time, don’t believe everything you read coming from other people. I’m not an Ashley fan and really never have been since the initial excitement when he first bought the club. I agree with his stability model but totally disagree with the way he engages (or rather, doesn’t engage) with the fans.

• 54 wolfshead@toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:38 PM

a player that psg bought from us for 20 mill? of course we dont miss him not with mighty anita to step in to fill the void its like hazard replacing mata fvcking pardew and his excuses….

• 55 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Oh it was sarcasm. You’re right I don’t know anything about the game, certainly not as much as you do. I should have thought about my comments before slighting future stars of the international stage, especially Shelvey who has already left a struggling side to a more strident and ambitious one. My apologies.

• 56 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:39 PM

It’s a good thing Sunderland only have 3 games left because they’re only 14 points behind us. :shock:

• 57 Sav // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Looks like wizened old quill-scratcher Alan Oliver has got the wrong end of the stick about Hatem and has been spreading porkies that he is ‘banished to Paris’ from Newcastle (a risible thought, in itself). Good man, Ollie. As if things were not bad enough at the club he purports to care about, Fat Freddie Shepherd’s old mucker is raking in the bins looking for tasty stuff and found this unhelpful red herring.
    Will there be an apology or a retraction? Hatem’s lawyer has been on French TV to complain which won’t help Newcastle credibility or reputation at all. No doubt the club has issues with Ben Arfa, who may be leaving anyway, but that makes this all the more damaging.
    I don’t agree with the club banning local press but for this kind of malicious nonsense, I’d say it could be justified.

• 58 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Settle down lads! We have important bloggery to conduct! Harrumph!
    G2
    OBH

• 59 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM

I don’t like to have to use the Official Blog Hobbit Klaxon on here but some of you lads are definitely out of bounds! Huzzah!

• 60 wolfshead@toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• 61 Toon-Prodigy // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Ourtoon,

Aye, I remember the conversations.

In regards to this season, Cabaye and Tiote were good for us in the first half of the season.

There is no comparison for me with Anita and Tiote. It’s no where near as good a partnership. And I think it’s hindered Tiote in a way also.

Cabaye was a our second top scorer behind Remy. We miss his creative influence and assists aswell I think.

As mediocre as Pardew is, losing Cabaye and Remy have factored massively to this run for me. In hindsight, bringing in De Jong was a huge mistake aswell. The lad was very low on confidence to start with and that has been a poor gamble.

• 62 validator // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Apologies accepted!

• 63 ToonDarnSarf // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Jail for Ashley

No need to be sarky at all.

Actually, my first post for weeks was saying that 11th is a failure and Pardew should be sacked. Even if we do get into the top 10 then it will be by the skin of our teeth and for the second season in a row, Pardew’s position should be under serious review. Once can be forgiven, but I think twice is too much…

I can’t see us getting anything today or on the last day so I could easily see us dropping behind Stoke and finishing just a point or two above Palace. Not good enough IMO.

• 64 TurkishFan101 // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Pardew talking more..

“We had a tremendous result this week at Academy level and I think I’m really buoyed by that.”

Yep cause the reserves beating Blyth Spartans in the Northumberland Senior Cup is a real big big achievement for how they will step up to the first team.

Last time I recall Pardew, what league are Blyth Spartans at… Northern Premier League

• 65 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM

That’s a very savvy little entry there Sav mate. You should come on more often. :)

• 66 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Excellent wolfie. That will be noted on your Permanent Blog Record mate.

• 67 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:45 PM

You know a little of you are sounding a bit twitchy today. Possibly even a bit itchy. Let’s take a short break and scratch them lads……I’ll wait.

• 68 DokToon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:46 PM

G2,

in accordance with post 52, i will give you my preview of todays match:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• 69 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Shelvey and Colback are product free workhorses that will suit Pardew’s ethic perfectly. Liverpool could do better and Colback is getting no change negotiating a new contract at the unwashed because they are aware of his limitations and inherent gingerness. If you can’t grasp that Validator then you are on the sorry position of having less footy knowledge than me. Incredible but true.

• 70 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM

It’s so good to hear that Pards has been buoyed by one of our recent results. What about our recent Prem results Alan? How do you feel about those? Does it make you angry enough to butt some heed today?

• 71 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Plus I have no idea what shook your tin I was only saying….

• 72 validator // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Sav the fact that HBA has produced his lawyer, should lead us to believe Mr Olivers article has the smell of truth about it.

• 73 wolfshead@toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM

geordie

thanks mate i think we need some sort of blog bonus ala ashleys performance related incentive

• 74 DokToon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:48 PM

wolfs,

dammit man, you beat me to it… great minds and all that…

• 75 Online Guy // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:50 PM

WOLFS AT COMMENT 46. IMPORTANT.

Please understand this, the so called neglect , of Horse’s, by M. Quinn was not anything to do with Mick .

He went on his holiday (having not had a holiday for 2 years), ..for 2 weeks .when he came back he found that horses had been left out in the field for a not recommended period of time ..it rained incessantly and one or two horses were ailing because of it , he left others in charge and they let him down. that’s the exact story. Mick loves and care’s passionately about Animals.

• 76 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Just ask G2 how much Mickey Quinn cares for his budgies. He’s a real softie.

• 77 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Yes lads, I am working on some performance related incentives for all of you. The bloggery has been splendid in general. Tsunki has been a bit cheeky lately but we will also will some punishments to hand out. Anybody who comes to A Nosh with NoNuts this summer will be rewarded handsomely.

• 78 validator // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Product free workhorses, how very old Etonian.

• 79 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Anyway I’m off for a bit to get some coaching badges so I can understand how wadding players can make us champs league contenders.

• 80 Online Guy // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Anyone from NUST about? Mactoon, Ciaran ? you there ?
    Got a message for you canny lot.. from land Registry

• 81 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Inspirational words from are wonderful manager ahead of tonight’s game…..
    @shiteseats: “We can’t determine the result at Arsenal” – Alan Pardew. Our manager lads and lasses. Our. Manager. #nufc

Fills you with hope and excitement doesn’t it?

• 82 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Validator, are you Spoof? You’ve obviously got some grudge. And how did you know about my Eton days?

• 83 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I also wanted to get back to my player recruitment program for the Toon this summer. It’s coming along will. In addition to Faty Papy, we’ll have Tsarengav Enkhjargal, Batbold Tugsbollocks, and Norjmoo Sitonballz. All coming in for very small fees! Huzzah!

• 84 MacToon // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Fire away Online.

• 85 toon kk // Apr 28, 2014 at 5:57 PM

I was watching sky sports Monday night football commentators and they spoke some true words about Newcastle, saying we were the team to play at the moment, Cabaye leaving and injuries but main reason for our poor form was we over preformed earlier in the season and now we’re showing our selves for what we really are.

• 86 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Has anybody seen Batbold Tugsbollocks play by the way? I’ve heard he’s perfect for Pards. Very tall, no skill with the ball, no shot. A perfect target man for wor set pieces in other words. :shock:

• 87 validator // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:00 PM

@82 it’s all down to your scant disregard for sphere shaped objects, your obviously a closet rugger man.

• 88 Spoof // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Tsunki

leave me alone bonny lad, I’m just watching from afar and minding my own business lol.

• 89 Big Pappa Cissé // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Also you can credit Pardew for keeping the Mackems up as we have gifted them 6 points this season .

• 90 Ketsbaia9 // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Personally, I think Abeid will be more influential than Cabaye. Abeid has everything and he’ll become one of the top players in europe in the next few years. I can’t believe we recalled Gosling instead of Abeid. Gosling is useless.

• 91 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Norjmoo Sitonballz is the perfect winger for us. Cataracts on both eyes, tremendous pace, but often runs right of the ground or into the hoardings. Has never been know to cross a ball accurately.

• 92 MacToon // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:03 PM

and will you be attending the meeting on Thursday OG?

• 93 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Damn it ! It’s too hot today – I need to go and make myself some buttermilk “koldskål” (cold bowl)!

…see you in a jiffy :)

• 94 Ian Toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM

And know for something entirely different from a Geordie and lifetime toon fan who sees us playing a role in determining who’ll win the CL and still claims to recall every twist and turn of Peter Beardsley- mind he does get paid for writing such stuff:

John W Henry, owner of Liverpool Football Club, will know all about the Curse of the Bambino. Henry also holds the keys to Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox baseball team, who failed to win a single World Series between 1918 and 2004. That 86-year wait was attributed by superstitious types to the 1919 sale of Babe Ruth – aka the Bambino – to the New York Yankees, a franchise that went on to become the most successful in the history of baseball. During that long drought, the previously dominant Red Sox – winners of five World Series between 1903 and 1918 – occasionally threatened to reclaim the title, but always fell just short, most notably, agonisingly and sickeningly in 1986 when first baseman Bill Buckner let a simple ground ball against the New York Mets roll through his legs with the holy grail within touching distance. The Mets staged a grand comeback, and the long wait for the Red Sox went on.

Henry might not, however, be aware of the Curse of the Bambeardo, a similar spell which hovers like a dark cloud over Anfield. This particular hex concerns Peter Beardsley, who was deemed surplus to requirements in 1991 by Graeme Souness, the new boss having decided that Liverpool’s continued dominance would be more likely maintained by Dean Saunders and Mark Walters than a two-time title-winning twinkle-toed genius. Beardsley left for Everton, taking Liverpool’s championship-securing mojo with him (although sadly for the Toffees, and later Newcastle United, he accidentally dropped it en route to Goodison down an open manhole cover along Anfield Road). Liverpool haven’t won the league since, and their wait for another title has now stretched to 24 years and counting. The comparison between the curses that have afflicted Henry’s baseball and football teams is downright eerie, no? Though having said that, the Fiver can’t think of a Bill Buckner figure at Liverpool to complete the analogy. No, we can’t think of a Bill Buckner figure failing, agonisingly and sickeningly, to deal with a simple ball on the ground with the holy grail within touching distance at all.

Steven Gerrard didn’t do particularly well on Sunday, mind, unless his primary goal was to restage the opening sequence of Norman Wisdom’s 1965 classic The Early Bird. And thanks to Chelsea’s mightily impressive 2-0 win at Anfield, this season’s Premier League title is now Manchester City’s to lose. “We must win the three games,” said City boss Manuel Pellegrini after his team brushed aside Crystal Palace to move within three points of Liverpool’s lead with a game in hand and goals in the bank. “Now we must just think what we can do. It does not depend on other results. It’s very important to play a good game against Everton and then the last two games. We’ll see if we cope.”

Given that voodoo master José Mourinho has brusquely announced that Chelsea have “no chance” of becoming champions despite picking up three precious points from their masterclass at Anfield, the Fiver is now convinced that the title is somehow heading to Stamford Bridge. Don’t ask us why. City at least have it within their power to ensure this is not so. Liverpool however must impotently hope that rivals Everton do them a favour next weekend; that the mere presence of Henry breaks the Curse of the Bambeardo, just as it did for the Bambino a decade ago in Boston; and that a strange glowing box is fished out of the Anfield Road drains and returned to the stadium before the next round of fixtures.

• 95 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:07 PM

So were back to a near on full strength squad tonight, manager back in the dug out and full of optimism right Pardiola?

Pardon? No? Why? Oh because they have a near on full strength team back as well
    Even still though, we’re going to give them a right old battle and make sure there not too cocky about sealing 4th place right?
    “We can’t determine the result at Arsenal”
    Oh………
    But top 10 is still our minimum target?
    “10th was never a set target just a goal set by us and the players”

Ah reet…..

Nothing like using the build up to what used to be a great fixture to lower expectation

• 96 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Spoofy mate that’s completely unacceptable! Harrumph! We don’t watch from afar! And we never mind wor own business lad! We dig into the dark hidden things. We expose the NoNuts! Huzzah!

• 97 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Kets
    Let’s hope so would be great to see one of the youngsters step up and i can’t see us shelling out for a Cabaye replacement

• 98 guvnor // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:14 PM

5-1 victory to Newcastle United tonight.

• 99 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:15 PM

It’s a nasty business exposing wor NoNuts but it must be done! But once they’re exposed what should we do about them? It nearly killed me poor honey badger when he tried to bite them off. Harrumph.

• 100 Spoof // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:15 PM

GT

actually I work night shift and have just got out of bed and I have no idea what debate Tunski was having, I just saw my name and assumed that I was in trouble, so how many will we lose by tonight, or will over confidence from The Arsenal bite them on the bum ?

• 101 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:15 PM

As long as Arsenal don’t turn up guvnor.

• 102 guvnor // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Geordie two what the hell are you blurting on about?

• 103 Spoof // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM

guvnor

that’s 300/1 with the bookies, if you have a bet and it comes up then it’s your round bonny lad lol

• 104 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM

The Arsenal will never bite there own bums Spoofy. We may do that but only in the second half when we’re desperate. In the first half we’ll focus on clever back passes and some clearing out of bounds by Krul. That will tire them out and we’ll pounce in the second half with a deadly one pronged attack by Shola. Some lads on here were calling for a two pronged attack but Pards has vetoed that!

• 105 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Well exactly guvnor. Now we’re on the same wavelength. Huzzah!

• 106 Mister Tuff // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:21 PM

validator – who are you really – seemed to have just appeared. What we do known is that you are crap at Roman numerals – perhaps your “ability” on this subject extends to your knowledge of football viz Colbeck good payer. In the meantime a language lesson for you :-
    Tu es stultior quam asinus.

• 107 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Kets

What do u think?

Martin Harnik – Perfect replacement for Cabaye

• 108 guvnor // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Look Pardews back on the touchline which is bound to give the players a psychological advantage, so it’s 5-1

• 109 Marty-Toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Gonna be at least 1-0 down within 20 minutes and with that I’m really lookin forward to the game ;-)
    How much more of this dross can we take?

• 110 Spoof // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM

GT

I don’t know what the situ is with Ben Arfa but it’s a shame he isn’t playing tonight, against Arsenal you have to either out muscle them which they don’t like or give them something to think about in an attacking sense, sadly I don’t feel we are capable of either, but Benny could have helped.

• 111 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Comment by Pards: “Two pronged attack? Harrumph! Never! Not on my watch! We only need a single prong, and Shola is it!

• 112 toon kk // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:23 PM

The only way we’ll have any influence on champions league and relegation in the premier league is by the guarantee of teams we play will all get tthree points. And Pardew will have broken a record of losses at Newcastle, something to be proud of.

• 113 Wandering Geordie // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:23 PM

@our toon

Plenty of talent here in South America.One in particular I keep on raving about German Pezella.A natural replacement for Collo

Angel Romero -Paraguay-Attack
    Eugenio Mena- Chile -Defender

Leandro- Brazil -Attack

To name a few

All have awesome talent and comfortable on the ball

• 114 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:27 PM

If Arsenal don’t turn up we’ll score 5 against them (with some difficulty due to our inaccurate passing) and an own goal. A shame really because Tim could have used the clean sheet. :( Watching us right now is quite similar to watching Monty Python play footy. We’re a little bit worse.

• 115 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:28 PM

The situation with Benny is that he is quite cross with Pards Spoofy mate. Alan has hidden his meat pies and refuses to let him wear a beret during the game. It’s all too much so Benny has gone to Paris.

• 116 Spoof // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:29 PM

hee haw ?

• 117 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Wandering

You remember why we signed Ignacio Gonzalez, as a sweeetner to an agent

Yet we have not signed any southamerican players after that.

• 118 toon kk // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Wandering G
    any new signings coming to Newcastle will be coming through the chanel tunnel. Bonjour.

• 119 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM

How do people feel about one prong in general? Is one prong the right way to go against Arsenal? What happens if wor prong gets isolated and cut off? Do we send someone forward to re-establish contact? I mean Shola is good at wandering around doing nout but will that be enough to make us happy? Colour me concerned. :(

• 120 Spoof // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:33 PM

GT

I believe that you must have taken the super strength pills this morning ? lol

• 121 Marty-Toon // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:36 PM

@Wandering

Getting South American players in is difficult with the whole European passport issue.
    It’s easier to get them to Spain or Portugal but England is mighty difficult

• 122 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I’m high on life Spoofy. That, and watching wor Alan manager the club! Onwards and downwards I say! Huzzah!

• 123 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:38 PM

GT
    You expecting much tonight mate?
    Given the fact we have nothing to play for and the whole squad seem demoralised it’s a game like this where the manager back in the dug out should really motivate the players
    But sadly our manager seems to of conceded defeat before a balls been kicked so it’s hard to see how the hell the players can be up for it tonight

• 124 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Also we’re focusing on players from Burundi and Mongolia right now Wandering mate! That’s where the cheap buys are. Trust me I have researched this thoroughly for Mike. Faty Papy! Batbold Tugsbollocks! Huzzah!

• 125 Transfer Sage // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Our team may not be the best, not as good as arsenals but it contains

1 olympic gold medal
    1 argentine league title
    1 champions league
    2 serie a titles
    1 coppa italia
    1 club world cup
    1 italian super cup
    9 french league titles
    5 french cups
    4 dutch league titles
    4 dutch cups
    1 belgian league title
    1 belgian cup

Then our brilliant manager comes out says we cannot effect the game at arsenal…..what planet is this man living on.

• 126 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Wandering
    Isn’t it very hard to get work permits for youngsters outside the EU?

• 127 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Sage
    Like I said earlier how the hell can we expect the players to go out motivated when he concedes defeat before a ball has been kicked

• 128 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I don’t fancy the outcome actually tadsy mate. I could see them winning by 4 or 5. We’ve been unsettled all over the place for weeks now. Remy will be thinking about the summer and the World Cup. Benny will be drinking coffee and eating croissants in Paris. Sigh.

• 129 validator // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:41 PM

MCLXXVIII wasn’t too good

• 130 Transfer Sage // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:44 PM

tads

It’s pathetic by him……he might as well not turn up tonight if he has any other words of wisdom like that.

Why doesn’t he just go for a mourinho style and get a bank of 4 with 3 infront, 2 wide men to sit deep and let remy stay up to counter.

It’s not fun but gives us a chance, instead he will go neither defensive or offensive and we will be picked apart whilst offering no threat.

• 131 MacToon // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Online, you may have missed my earlier posts but I can relay any info if you so wish ;-)

• 132 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:45 PM

TS

Merged with Jonson paint trophy

• 133 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:45 PM

GT
    Benny trained apparently so more likely sipping a broon with a KFC
    But yeah Arsenal look resurgent lately and were currently the Prem whipping boys
    If we concede early they could run up a cricket score

• 134 toon kk // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:46 PM

G2
    We might as well focus on player’s down the school field some of them play as well or at least try harder.
    maybe you should give the headmaster a ring mate! !!!!

• 135 Mister Tuff // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:47 PM

spoof @116 – good response.

• 136 validator // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Alan thinks that if he had a stronger squad results would improve significantly, now there’s a thing.

• 137 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Sage
    Yup we’ll get shredded mate
    They’ll do what Everyon done to us, dictate the pace, lure us out and kill us on the counter with our back four looking like rabbits caught in headlights
    Then they’ll just play exhibition stuff and muller us when we put Shola Haidara and Yanga on for damage limitations

• 138 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:50 PM

I’m thinking we’ll go for more of a Pardwho style 4-5-1 with plenty of dithering, lots of chasing them as they send wave after wave of attackers against us, and some very tasty set piece play aimed at Willo TS mate. I didn’t realize Benny was back tads. So is wor Alan going to let him wear the beret? We need to know.

• 139 pedro // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Hey Wandering,

Just wondered what makes you so certain about Germán Pezzella? He is no doubt a good prospect but for the money concerned I don’t think he would be anywhere near ready for the demands of the Premier League. Following a long lay off with a knee injury last season he struggle to get much playing time at River. Even with the main star of the River backline, Balanta, injured, Pezzella only made the bench.
    Perhaps he could replace Colo but that would be some way down the line in my opinion.
    Not sure of his status with passports but I guess he would need one from the EU (which is pretty common in Argentina) for this to be possible

• 140 Himanshu Dhingra // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:51 PM

TADS

I bet Shola Starts

• 141 Spoof // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Tuff

he/she does seem a bit too brash and dismissive of others view’s, might be best to ignore, having said that I would take Colback as a squad player but not as Cabaye’s replacement ( we need someone better ), but Shelvey has never really impressed me that much, cracking goal on Saturday but generally I would prefer to lok elsewhere.

• 142 Online Guy // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Good evening Mactoon

Iv had a few conversations with Durham Land Registry official’s this month and last..

Told to.feel free to keep checking for an update on the Land lease sale at strawberry place ..

Now the Lady I usually speak with will give info, but under the rules she cannot give info on any particular subject’s finer points unless I mention it first ,, She can then give the answer to the questioner’s queries and finer points, freely, and does .

Today’s info was going over old ground with what I have already posted on here ..this info was gleaned at around 1630: today

NO sale as yet
    No transference as to date
    no searches .

They mentioned that Newcastle United Holdings could be selling the under lease thus retaining the head lease..I should have asked for the exact answer on that . they mentioned the head lease, and also the under lease was brought into the conversation by them. I think , now , she wanted me to ask the question…it passed me by during the conversation..she would have had to tell me under the rules . If you mention it first they can go right into it .( The under lease can be sold thus Ashley retains the head lease ..) I would not put it past him.

Here’s the most important thing about today’s info from said establishment …and it might be something to go on , shot in the dark by me really.

If you get in touch with them quote this reference..Freehold is TY51078..no applications since 2011

Leasehold TY344775 (no applications since 2006) that is the ref for the leasehold that Newcastle United holdings are selling off

But ! but ! there is a separate Issue that might save the day here .

.I asked if there was any other issue in any form that could stop any prospective buyer obtaining planning permission for future development (I mentioned public amenity at this juncture ).

I was then told of a little square block of land right in the middle of this land that’s up for sale, not ! owned by Nexus or Newcastle United holdings .

No reference was made by DLR that it could block any future build mind ,but as I’v said if you broach the subject, under the rules of Land Reg, they have to tell you .

They told me that this block of land was right in the middle of the land that’s up for sale and not owned by either one of them

The magic reference number of this little block of land ..not! owned by Nexus, and not owned by Newcastle United Holdings is ND13389.

Its slap bang in the middle of the proposed development site ..

One more point ..Here’s an exiting bit of info ..I broached the subject of the road that runs past the Gallowgate. I was told that there is no owner noted for it ! ..I asked if it was council land ..she said no.

I am now thinking that the road is common land and belong’s to the people of Newcastle. I should have probed that subject more, in hindsight, and she would have had to tell me …

Going on my own intuition, and keep in mind I’v been told by an official at DLR that the council does not have its name on that road ..I deduce that it is common land.

Anyway a few pointers and food for thought.

• 143 toonarmydownsouth // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:56 PM

GT
    He trained at Benton, possibly with a beret, but didn’t travel to London with the squad
    Maybe due to a falling out maybe due to only having one days training who knows (apparently his lawyer!)

• 144 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Well then guys I’m going for a 3-0 win to the toon 2 for remy and 1 for Anita I can feel it in the air and I can feel it in my bones

I can feel it there’s something in the air tonight

Come on the toon

I

• 145 validator // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Spoof best ignore as your failure to realise the fact both players have potential, shows you to be a dullard.

• 146 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Yeah I can still feel it

• 147 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM

There is something in the air welshie mate. It’s soot. Have you been burning coal again? And smoking something at the same time? 3 for us and 0 for them? We are talking about the same match? Arsenal vs Newcastle? Your optimism knows no bounds. Huzzah!

• 148 validator // Apr 28, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Online guy your trying to sound like you understand town and Country planning issues, when you plainly haven’t a clue.

• 149 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 7:06 PM

When you say you can still feel it, if you squeeze softly welshie mate does it throb? Possibly you need medical help there. :)

• 150 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM

I’m fancying a good 5-0 trouncing by them lot. Some typical Pardwhovian play from us. Scrambly bits, poor free kicks and corners, lots of excuses after the game. Beautiful.

• 151 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I think we can all agree our scrambly bits have been very entertaining lately.

• 152 MacToon // Apr 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Cheers OG.

• 153 Wandering Geordie // Apr 28, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Im sure there is a loophole where work permits could be issued .AlI know is that the talent here is so good.I am in Peru and there are some really good players here.Shame that you couldnt see them.Even bumped into Solano a few times here in Lima when he was manager of Universitario,Still looked upon as a god here.

previous post: Shola Ameobi – A Future Newcastle Manager