Pardew – I Think The Fans Are Frustrated

We suppose there’s not too much else Alan Pardew can say other than he will continue doing the best he can and will fight on, as the Newcastle manager  became the first Newcastle manager ever to lose six Premier League games in a row, and the first Newcastle manager to lose six league games in a row since Iam McFaul did that back in the 1986-1987 season.

alan pardew

Alan Pardew – I think fans are frustrated

Unfortunately Alan is also the first manager to lose three successive games to Sunderland since 1923 – or was it 1924?

And last season we lost 10 league games out of 13, when we just avoided being relegated, and if we play like we have this year next season,  we will be relegated.

This is some of what the under-pressure Newcastle manager had to say after the game last night:

“I think they are frustrated. “We had 2,000 here. They made a long, long trip.” “Although we are playing a good team, they expected us to win the game.” (what – that’s crazy????)

“They have seen us lose again and they are not happy. I have to respect that.” “All I can do as a manager is make sure I do this job to the best of my ability.”

“We have been top 10 all year. This recent run is not something I am hiding from.” “We should have performed better in this run. We have to finish in the top 10.”

“If Cardiff think it is important for them on Saturday, trust me it is important for our fans we win.” “It is as big a game for us as it is for them.”

It will be like a relegation clash on Saturday – not because we are in relegation trouble – we are still 9th top of the league – but in the last 18 league games we are bottom of the Premier League with only 13 points, with Cardiff City second bottom.

And we have lost 14 of the last 19 games in all competition, because the same Cardiff City side beat us 2-1 at home in the FA Cup third round.

So we gave new manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a winning start to his career as Cardiff City manager, but not many sides since early January have been so kind.

But that’s Newcastle this year – hopeless – completely hopeless – and the players also have to take responsibility for that.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:10 AM

No Pardew, very few fans expected us to get anything out of last night, we rarely expect to when travelling to the Champions League contenders. However, we do expect the players, staff and manager to show a bit of commitment, passion, effort and desire. All of which was sadly lacking last night. Even after half time, when you could have delivered one of those inspirational team talks that you probably believe you are renowned for, we failed to lift the tempo, or look like we were even trying to get back into the game.

Stop spouting utter drivel. People would at least have a bit of respect if you admitted your own failings and accept you needed to alter your perception of how the game should be played, rather than blaming all and sundry.

• Average_Contents

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I swear down if benny ends up going because of this fcuking egotistical, delusional halfwit cretin, I will never watch us again until he’s gone! Fcuking disgrace is the puppet to the profession of managers! Complete and utter.

I stopped going to the games after we mauled 5cumder1and at SJP because of fatty and now I can’t even watch us,on telly because of his twat of a puppet!

FCUK OFF THE BOTH OF YA!

• BuckLuck

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Not only frustrated. I want you gone and I want you hurt, you lying son of a biitch.

• Average_Contents

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Ed

Pardspew’s best isn’t good enough for any team! His definition of good enough is putting the entire team behind the ball trying to defend, TRY being the operative word whilst offering absolutely fcuk all going forward then saying his teams play on the front foot and by this I think he means the front front of the opposing teams furthest forward player!

He is either delusional, blind but quite possibly a combination of the two with a Bullshitters tongue thrown in for good measure

• ToonDarnSarf

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM

You know, I don’t think we’ve got a chance of even a point against Liverpool and with Stoke and Palace just 2 and 3 points behind respectively, there’s a fair chance that both clubs could overtake us and we finish in 11th.

11th place behind Stoke, Palace and Southampton in a season where the only thing that has gone badly wrong for Pardew is the sale of Cabaye halfway through. What???

I said at the beginning of the season that it’s fair to give a manager a target and stick to it. Well Pardew had his target of top 10 MINIMUM and I see no evidence to say he deserves to stay as our manager beyond us playing well when CABAYE RAN THE SHOW.

I’m patient…and I don’t believe in snap decisions but I think Pardew should go now and give us some time before the close season to find a new manager.

• mindshaft

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Gary Nevilles probably right when he says we are where we should be but the sudden collapse in the last 18 games is a team in complete freefall

18 games
    P:18 GF:29 GA:23 Pts:33

Last 18 games
    P:18 GF:10 GA:34 Pts:13

Cabaye was a decent player but he wasn’t worth 20 points over 18 games, we’ve now dropped 41 points out of 54 over the last 18 games
    Pards can go on all he wants about the last 6 games but what about the 12 before them

• mindshaft

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:21 AM

‘they expected us to win the game’ …. errr no Pards, we expected us to have a go and not make the same defensive mistakes over and over again – Arsenal could have scored as many as they wanted had they not taken the foot of the gas and started treating the game like a training exercise Newcastle were simply awful and what you probably didn’t see on the TV was players strolling back and making no effort once they had lost the ball (inc Debuchy)
    We are a team who have given up completely

• Average_Contents

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Another point to prove his delusions is the fact he thinks it’s just this run of 6 losses on the bounce we are angry about…no Alan it’s the Fcuking last 19 games in which we’ve lost 14, scored hardly no goals and conceded 17 just in the 6 not to mention we get trounced on a regular basis by 3 goals or more and then when we do get a sneaky 1-0 win it’s all fcuking hunky dory in your eyes and you dedicate the win to our illustrious owner who like yourself couldn’t give 2 fcuks about the club!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:27 AM

TDS,
    Only the Cabaye sale didn’t go for him?? You must be forgetting the local media witch hunt that caused our collapse, or the officials who were determined to stop us winning, or the opposition who, very dastardly of them were ‘making it difficult to get good balls into the box’ (okay, that excuse was last year), what about the fact he wasn’t able to prevent goals because he wasn’t on the touchline. Nothing has gone right for poor, poor Pardew this year.

In all honesty, I wanted him gone at the end of last season, but was prepared to give him a chance when it became apparent he was staying. I have given him praise when I felt he was deserving of it, and criticism when I felt it right. If we finish 10th or above, we will finish roughly where I predicted on your pre season list, but this collapse is unacceptable. Right now, I don’t see how he can continue, but don’t see him leaving unless we drop out of the top 10.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:28 AM

TDS,
    Also, good to see you back. Even if it did result in you getting almost immediate abuse from some posters.

• Average_Contents

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Tds

He came out and said the target was a goal not an instruction

• hitman

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:30 AM

this fooka has lost the plot.any other club would have sacked the manager by now.but not wor mikey boy

• Rotonda heights

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Alan, the fans frustrated….you think,…really,….surely not !!!!!

Yes Alan, totally frustrated you’re still here you classless, clueless oaf. Has this man no shame whatsoever?

The way he says we haven’t won for 6 games, inferring we’ve had some draws!!!. No Alan we’ve LOST 6 games

Pardew already held the record for 2 losing streaks in ours and West ham’s history and he’s just trumped his own record of failure again!

The guy is just NOT TENABLE. GET OUT.

• hitman

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:33 AM

this man is a fool..anyother club would have sacked there manager by now.but not wor mikey boy

• ash1001

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:10 AM

ED your blog is about the only one where fans can have a voice even at timesif it is against each other, so please you the power you have to start some sort of concentrated effort against the way NUFC is been run.

There’s a saying ‘LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE’ your blog can, so please on behave of the fans give it a go.

• bobby mango

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:38 AM

He thinks we’re frustrated!? Try furious, humiliated, depressed… Bordering on murderous.

• theartfuldodger

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM

He should be saying :

I think the fans hate me and want me gone. Theres nothing that can mend the relation between me and the fans.

• gazzaforever

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Lilongwe Geordie, why are you back? It is not like someone missed you.