Animosity Between Pardew And Ben Arfa Getting Worse

As expected,  Alan Pardew in his press conference yesterday was asked about what was the current situation with Ben Arfa, and he admitted he was training with another squad of players, and not with the first team squad.

ben arfa ross barkley 3-0

Ben Arfa – gulf widening with the manager

Ben Arfa held his own press meeting on Wednesday, and said that he was fit and wanted to play to help the team, but that for some reason Alan Pardew wasn’t playing him, and it’s almost a cast iron certainty he will not even be on the bench tomorrow, and he wasn’t in the traveling party that visited the Emirates last Monday night.

And in his press conference yesterday and in some comments made to the Shields Gazette today, Alan has said Ben Arfa’s outburst will be handled in the normal manner the club uses for all disciplinary matters:

“I’ve not said he will or won’t play again this season.” “But what I have said is that I’ll pick the team on merit for this club.” “It’s the same as Arsenal. He was fit for Arsenal.”

“I picked a team on merit for Arsenal, and I’ll pick a team on merit this week.”  “As a Premier League manager, you get these sort of issues,” “The only thing I’d say to our supporters is that the team comes first.”

“This is not about me, Hatem or any individual player.”  “What is important is the team and the performance.”  “The team has worked very, very well. It’ll be a strong side that I put out. I expect us to win.”

“But there is a disciplinary process for that, and we’ll follow the same process for Hatem as everybody else on that.”

Alan Oliver in last Sunday’s People said that Ben Arfa had already played his last game for the club – ever – and that’s now looking like it could be accurate, given the animosity that seems to exist between the manager and the player.

That’s not good for Ben Arfa and it’s not good for Alan Pardew, and suffice to say that Ben Arfa is a very popular figure at Newcastle, who forced a move from Marseilles four years ago, because he wanted to play for the Tyneside club.

And with the terrible results we have had this year , Alan Pardew is not a popular figure right now.

• JackButler

May 2, 2014 at 9:20 AM

It seems picking a side on merit constitutes us getting steam rolled by everyone we come up against

• 70TWO

May 2, 2014 at 9:20 AM

######———–###—–#####
    ##—–##——##-##—–##
    ##——##—##–##—–##
    ##—-##—#######—####
    #####———–##———–##
    ##—————##———##
    ##——–——##—–####

• G

May 2, 2014 at 9:21 AM

HBA hasn’t done himself any favours, however, I don’t believe he has disgraced himself either. Whilst he is in the wrong over talking to the press himself, he hasn’t done the character assassination that AP deserves imo.

• russtoon

May 2, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Shit me pards! Expect us to win!! Where you been for the last 6 games.

Support the team NOT the regime

• Rotonda heights

May 2, 2014 at 9:24 AM

It’s extraordinary given how poor the football has bee over the last 3 seasons, 6 games in a 433 apart, that fans have not reacted much sooner.

I would not feel guilty about boycotting or walking out in the slightest tomorrow. It’ s a totally meaningless game with nothing at risk but everything to gain if it finally makes Ash do the right thing and fire this lame duck manager. It’s obvious Pardew will hang on for the dough forever. Absolutely zero class.

• Rotonda heights

May 2, 2014 at 9:25 AM

russtoon

you can’t do one without the other unfortunately. Every turnstile click is money in ash’s pocket.

• theartfuldodger

May 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Now if fans dont walk out at 60min, Parew will say that he has fans support…

• Rotonda heights

May 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM

70TWO

what am I not getting there with that code?

• BenbulbenMag

May 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I hope people do walk out. I hope Fashley gets the message and sacks Pardew.

I hope we get a good manager in to replace him. I hope decent transfer funds are made available to this good manager.

I hope we play nice attacking football.

I hope we do well in the 2014-15 season and build on that momentum in subsequent seasons.

I hope Fashley has made his last huge blunder with supporters.

Do you think I am hoping for too much ? 😮

• BenbulbenMag

May 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Rotonda

P45

• Rotonda heights

May 2, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Cheers ben

• the truth will out

May 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM

he obviously is a bad judge of merit
    scumbag

• JackButler

May 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Could be worse I suppose!!!

Banjo’s at the ready 😀

• hitman

May 2, 2014 at 9:36 AM

its all owa the press about the walk out.if it duznt happen.the fans are going to look like total mugs.fans arnt UNITED on this total shambles

• Oldgit1

May 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM

12Oldgit1 // May 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Ok, Pardew ain’t going anywhere, I have a concern that next season we will be the next Blackburn / Keene situation and look what happened to that club.

A decision by the supporters will have to be made re the renewing of their season tickets and having to get behind Pardew next season. This hatred can’t go on.

I have already stated I will not renew my ticket next year and will not go back unless Pardew goes, I made the same decision when big Sam was manager. I do not like the style of football these guys bring and refuse to watch it.

We are treated with contemp so I will treat them in the same way.

• the truth will out

May 2, 2014 at 9:40 AM

be gone demon
    i exorcise you

• sparky55

May 2, 2014 at 9:40 AM

sad truth is the Klutz is going no-where…he’s doing Ashleys dirty work and putting us on the slide for the championship in readiness for Ashley buying Rangers at the same time.

The end is nigh…only one more season to go and then we re-build and start again

It’s what keeps me going!

• 70TWO

May 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Rotonda heights

It just bears (not the grizzly kind) repeating, until it comes true.

• Beattie25

May 2, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I once said on this very forum that the single biggest problem at NUFC is the fans.

If anyone is keeping track of this 60 minute walk out thing you’ll be seeing what I’m seeing, its descent into chaos.

There a 3 protests happening at once. People not turning up, people walking out on 60 minutes and people walking out on 69 minutes. Then you have those that are so loyal they will go to the game, stay the full time and return next season for more of the same.

The club is a shambles and people can blame Ashley and Pardew all they want but whilst the fans are as unorganised as one of Pardews team sheets and are as fiercely loyal to match days as Ashley is to pies then we will stay like this forever.

What a joke it all is and what a joke the fans are. I once had faith that whilst the Geordies loved the club as much as I did, NUFC would never roll over and simply accept mediocrity.

Sadly I was cursed with loving the wrong club and betrayed by putting my faith in the wrong people.

I am now so indifferent about it all that my form of protest is to not care about the results, match, players, manager and or owner until the fans sort themselves out.

• Laurent Robert 32

May 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM

“The team has worked very, very well.”

More lies and delusional rubbish which happens pre-match. They were saying that before the Arsenal game and the long list of other diabolical games.

Ashley out, Pardew out.

• gazzaforever

May 2, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I really wish that we lose against Cardiff, just to see Pardew s stupid face. This idiot has no dignity, no clue. We will probably win because Remy wants to shine to be sure to take part of the WC and Cardiff is crap but a loss would be really good for the future of the club. Nobody will stay or sign under this clown.

• lochinvar

May 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM

The Metro rag now reports that the Scousers want Ben Arfa for £6m.
    Thats just crass reporting on the back of reports of a bust up with P45due. Ben Arfa may not be the easiest personality to understand but a failure to show him the love that being part of the toon is about is a poor reflection on bad coaching / Carver and bad management / Pardew.
    I thought that we had a press officer to keep us accurately informed on club matters – has Pardew taken on this job as well ? The flame is flickering.