The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Its Hardly Surprising That Pardew Will Not Quit As Manager

9:44 am, Friday, May 2nd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 16 Comments

Alan Pardew has talked today about not quitting Newcastle as the manager, even though we are in a  deep hole with six defeats on the trot, but it’s not surprising the Newcastle manager says that.

lee charnley and alan pardew

Alan Pardew with Lee Charnley – looks like we’re losing

When you are in a big job, the pressures are great, that’s why you get the big bucks,  and those pressures get bigger the higher up you go, and the last thing a lot of people even think of is resigning when things get tough, because that’s too much like just giving up.

And it’s the old adage that if it doesn’t kill you it makes you stronger, and it’s what a lot of top people believe in.

The more you can take of the bad stuff,  the more mentally strong you are and will become, and the better at your job you will become.

That’s the lesson for today. :D

This is some of what Alan Pardew said yesterday:

“No, I won’t walk away.” “I love this job and I am going to fight as long as I can for it.” “That’s what I have always done.” “I have been in tricky situations before.”

“This is a situation where I perhaps need to dig deep, and I have got no problem in doing that.” “I will dig deep on Saturday and make sure I make the right decisions to get us a win.”

“Everybody worries about their job to a degree, and you would be stupid not to.” “But really and truly in this job, you have to be cast in iron because if you start doubting yourself, then you are going to pass that on to the players.”

“I have made it very clear that I am the manager at this football club and let’s make sure that we make the right decisions on Saturday.”

“You never want to see it as a manager, of course, but it happens when you get the defeats that we have had.” “You have to accept that.” “But I won’t hide from it, and I won’t hide from it on Saturday.”

Alan Pardew will have to wait another 10 days or so to find out his fate, and whatever comforting words Mike Ashley may have had for him a few weeks ago – Alan’s also in the results business.

And to be more precise he’s in the business of trying to get good results – and you cannot accuse the manager of having good results over the last six games, or even this year, since we have lost 14 of the last 19 games played.

It’s probably still a toss-up as to whether Pardew gets fired at the end of the season.

What do you think?

Tags: Coaching · Other News · Premier League

16 responses so far ↓

• 1 70TWO // May 2, 2014 at 9:45 AM

######———–###—–#####
    ##—–##——##-##—–##
    ##——##—##–##—–##
    ##—-##—#######—####
    #####———–##———–##
    ##—————##———##
    ##——–——##—–####

• 2 Ibizatoon // May 2, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Come on Alan, play hide and seek with us. You hide and we promise to come looking for you.

Consider it a fan / manager bonding exercise.

Now go on, run and hide.

10, 9, 8, 7….there, that ought to have done it.

• 3 Oldgit1 // May 2, 2014 at 9:47 AM

12Oldgit1 // May 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Ok, Pardew ain’t going anywhere, I have a concern that next season we will be the next Blackburn / Keene situation and look what happened to that club.

A decision by the supporters will have to be made re the renewing of their season tickets and having to get behind Pardew next season. This hatred can’t go on.

I have already stated I will not renew my ticket next year and will not go back unless Pardew goes, I made the same decision when big Sam was manager. I do not like the style of football these guys bring and refuse to watch it.

We are treated with contemp so I will treat them in the same way.

• 4 the truth will out // May 2, 2014 at 9:48 AM

######———–###—–#####
    ##—–##——##-##—–##
    ##——##—##–##—–##
    ##—-##—#######—####
    #####———–##———–##
    ##—————##———##
    ##——–——##—–#### ##

• 5 Beattie25 // May 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I once said on this very forum that the single biggest problem at NUFC is the fans.

If anyone is keeping track of this 60 minute walk out thing you’ll be seeing what I’m seeing, its descent into chaos.

There a 3 protests happening at once. People not turning up, people walking out on 60 minutes and people walking out on 69 minutes. Then you have those that are so loyal they will go to the game, stay the full time and return next season for more of the same.

The club is a shambles and people can blame Ashley and Pardew all they want but whilst the fans are as unorganised as one of Pardews team sheets and are as fiercely loyal to match days as Ashley is to pies then we will stay like this forever.

What a joke it all is and what a joke the fans are. I once had faith that whilst the Geordies loved the club as much as I did, NUFC would never roll over and simply accept mediocrity.

I am now so indifferent about it all that my form of protest is to not care about the results, match, players, manager and or owner until the fans sort themselves out.

• 6 Himanshu Dhingra // May 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I agree Beats

• 7 the truth will out // May 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM

apathy that

• 8 Himanshu Dhingra // May 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM

with Most of Pre Season Sorted, and the Kit too. I think most of the summer will be spent on recruitment of Management and Playing staff.

I hope so anyways.

• 9 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Beattie25

the problem we have is that NUST are now calling for fans to walk out on 69 minutes which has seen the entire idea of a walk out descend into unmitigated chaos all in the name of being seen as the one group that united the fans.

• 10 70TWO // May 2, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Are we Newcastle?

Are we Geordies?

Are we black and white?

Are we united?

• 11 Average_Contents // May 2, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Beattie25

Spot on

• 12 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM

70TWO

the United bit is under serious question at the moment

• 13 JAMSHA // May 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM

THE TWAT LOVES THE JOB COZ HE GETS PAID FOR ACHIVNG NOTHING

• 14 the truth will out // May 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM

no we are grey away from home

• 15 bobby mango // May 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Beattie… The thing is the only organisation any fan should need is how to get to and from a game safely. We should not have to be organising walk outs.

We, as fans, have been doing our jobs all season. It’s the management not doing their jobs correctly that’s caused this situation.

I agree the 69 minute walk out does look bad. Would be much better as a united front (excuse the pun) but the only fault that could be thrown at the fans is being TOO loyal.

Btw I while heartedly emphasis with this statement
    “Sadly I was cursed with loving the wrong club and betrayed by putting my faith in the wrong people.”

• 16 banjax // May 2, 2014 at 1:28 PM

I’m afraid you paint a picture of football managers that is totally wrong and not in the slightest way, noble. It’s down to money. A manager who resigns is breaking his contract with the club and is not entitled to the remainder of their contract. In pardews case he would be throwing away nearly 6 years wages if he does’nt wait until he is sacked. However I’m sure he could still lose salary if Ashley sacks him because of the ‘Ban – by the FA over his head butt’. This way the club will have to pay very little by way of early termination Of Contract. Noblesse Oblige.

previous post: Animosity Between Pardew And Ben Arfa Getting Worse