Surpising Poll Results Of Game Against Cardiff

The mood of Newcastle fans is not good at the moment, and that;s reflected in our poll on the result of the game tomorrow, with just over 50% – at the time of writing – expecting us to be beaten at home to the bottom of the league team.

loic remy yellow hull city

Loic Remy – maybe he can get some goals tomorrow?

Here are the current results of our poll.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Everton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

We suppose with the planned walkout being called by some fan organizations, and Cardiff City players fighting for their Premier League survival, they all go into the thinking of Newcastle fans.

Voting is still open,  but in our polls, there is one vote per reader so we get a true and accurate cross-section of fans’ feelings.

• JackButler

May 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Tbh the result is almost incidental as people are looking beyond Cardiff

• the truth will out

May 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM

cant wait till the end the blame game begins
    ed just vote on the relevant things ashley and p 45

• the truth will out

May 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM

oot

• Himanshu Dhingra

May 2, 2014 at 10:05 AM

How can Mackems come back against City and Chelsea away while we cant do it even at stoke.

• JAMSHA

May 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM

another loss another pardew excuse

• toonarmydownsouth

May 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Just reading on twitter about the walk out

P1ss up and brewery come to mind…..

How the hell can we force change at the club if we can’t even agree what time we walk out the fusking stadium ffs

It shouldn’t matter what fan group organised it, they all have a common goal, it’s Newcastle United ffs, UNITED as in stand together, not take part in cheap games of one upmenship

It’s Friday morning, these fans groups need to get talking to each other and absolutely pepper social media with an actual agreed time or the opportunity is gone for the season

• JAMSHA

May 2, 2014 at 10:11 AM

i say walk out at 5 mins

• JackButler

May 2, 2014 at 10:12 AM

tads

Once again we are our own worst enemies.

what worries me now is that if tomorrow is a total balls up the fans are left looking like fools

• BuckLuck

May 2, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Beattie25 // May 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I once said on this very forum that the single biggest problem at NUFC is the fans.

If anyone is keeping track of this 60 minute walk out thing you’ll be seeing what I’m seeing, its descent into chaos.

There a 3 protests happening at once. People not turning up, people walking out on 60 minutes and people walking out on 69 minutes. Then you have those that are so loyal they will go to the game, stay the full time and return next season for more of the same.

The club is a shambles and people can blame Ashley and Pardew all they want but whilst the fans are as unorganised as one of Pardews team sheets and are as fiercely loyal to match days as Ashley is to pies then we will stay like this forever.

What a joke it all is and what a joke the fans are. I once had faith that whilst the Geordies loved the club as much as I did, NUFC would never roll over and simply accept mediocrity.

Sadly I was cursed with loving the wrong club and betrayed by putting my faith in the wrong people.

I am now so indifferent about it all that my form of protest is to not care about the results, match, players, manager and or owner until the fans sort themselves out.

Deserves a repost. Spot on!

• the truth will out

May 2, 2014 at 10:14 AM

i say dont go

• toonarmydownsouth

May 2, 2014 at 10:17 AM

JB
    Agreed mate, it’ll be all over the place, parts walking out on 60, other fans thinking “are we supposed to go now?” So they’ll be leaving on 64-5 them others on 69, it’ll take 15 minutes for the walk out to bloody happen!
    Then there will be others who stay it could be a real shambles, even more so if we’re winning!

• JackButler

May 2, 2014 at 10:21 AM

tads

All this has come about because the NUST have stuck their bloody noses in at the last minute trying to look like the group that united the fans after everything was in place for 48 hours or more.

Why is there need for people to seek personal gain from something as big as this? It’s sickening to watch mate

• the truth will out

May 2, 2014 at 10:24 AM

i wont be ever till there gone

• toonarmydownsouth

May 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM

JB
    Sadly it does seem that way doesn’t it

Been a supporter of NUST but this makes no sense, why not just offer there support and backing to the existing walk out?

• 70TWO

May 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM

BuckLuck – you are spot on and what makes it descend into chaos more quickly than anything is calling each other names or making generalisations about peoples freedom of choice. Fans must be of a singular mind and have a common purpose. Those that do not turn up are arbitrary, those that want Pardew out need to make a decision and stick to it (the primary idea was 60 mins.) And those that want to see the boys right through to the end of the match, give them a clap for me.

However, this blog is a microcosm of the real fan base and it would be far to easy to believe that there is mass support for a walk out. In the main people are predictably lethargic and only respond when there is something in it for themselves. Motivation for protest needs to be generated through solidarity.

• magpie6699

May 2, 2014 at 10:34 AM

On the contrary – it’s because people aren’t (or shouldn’t be) sheep that they should decide what they want to do for themselves. I make a point of NOT standing up just because some twit starts singing ” Stand up if you love the Toon” any more than I would act if they sang “Poke your eye if you love the Toon”!
    Yes things are very depressing and I do now wish Ashley wasn’t here AND that we had a better manager than Pardew. Will that be achieved by walk-outs? I don’t know. Ashlery seems to me to be a perverse stubborn b*gger who won’t care or will react even more negatively – but that’s just my opinion. For what it’s worth I have supported the Toon for 50+ years, and my fayjer before me – I was just like that little lad famously described by Sir Bobby.
    If I’m sounding apathetic, it’s not so – just that I don’t know HOW you get rid of a millionaire owner of your club.

• magpie6699

May 2, 2014 at 10:35 AM

” father” – how did that happen??

• ramboreilly

May 2, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I’m in the peoples front of judea.the judean people’s front are all splitters

• Laurent Robert 32

May 2, 2014 at 10:38 AM

It definitely didn’t need a 69th minute to come out. Stick with 60th and get many people to do it as possible. It just adds more confusion which is stupid. Hopefully the 60 minutes before that is just abuse for Pardew and Ashley.

Obviously he has the money now, but even the banners at recent games have been mentioned nationally in the media and more phone-ins and talk are occurring. So they are most definitely highlighting the pressure further. Even Pinocchio is mentioning it in his interviews.

He must have a tipping point and cannot keep enduring grief every single game. There must be limit, it must be found.

Ashley should obviously be the one that goes as Pardew would be gone as well, but he is a lot heavier lump to shift and Pardew is as much of the problem as Ashley is. He still has a lot of very good players to choose from, no cups (he knocked us out of them) and they should not be scraping results and nicking points.

Ashley and Pardew out.

• Graeme

May 2, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Talking of being our own worst enemy – more P45DUE drivel

He knows there are problems, damn, Sky Pundits detailed them for him, in glorious technicolour!!!

• BuckLuck

May 2, 2014 at 10:42 AM

70TWO

It’s Beattie25 words but I agree 100% with him.

I can see where you are coming from. There are lots of fans that are satisfied with 90min of SJP, regardless of the entertainment provided by our clown of a manager.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again;
    Playing for Pardew is like selling timeshares in Fuengirola with a master degree from Harvard.

I don’t want to see more football playing football players ruin their career at this club.

• Macas

May 2, 2014 at 10:44 AM

The original walkout was supposed to be against Pardew but the NUST have hijacked it to suit their own agenda, and in the process made a complete mess of the whole thing. Nobody should take these clowns seriously as they obviously haven’t got a brain cell between them.

• JackButler

May 2, 2014 at 10:49 AM

tads

The obvious thing to do was for the NUST to get 100% behind the 60 minute walk out, but alas, this being NUFC everything is a pantomime and sabotaged from within.

• theartfuldodger

May 2, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Bring on Shola Ameobi in 60th/69th minute…that should make atleast a few thousand more head out the gates…

• mindshaft

May 2, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Theres two things guaranteed on Sat come 16:45

Pards will still be in a job
    The walkout will have been a shambles

We couldn’t organise a p!55 up in a brewery

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

May 2, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I’m walking out on Sat, what’s the talk about a time change!? This late? Thought it was 60 mins all agreed?

• G

May 2, 2014 at 11:10 AM

The lads on .com have done an interesting write up on the website under the heading “Should I stay
    or should I go?”

I suggest everybody reads it, as it does not sway opinion (other than their own) as to which way the fans should act regard the walk out, however, it does urge the fans not to turn on each other over differing opinions.

• theartfuldodger

May 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I dont think 60 or 69 will make that much of a difference…
    I agree there should not be any confusion but the 2 times are really close…

Well, I could be wrong…

• mag

May 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM

What does anyone except to happen? Ashley has been here for 7years now, and the club is a joke, so suddenly in the summer it’s going to get a makeover, do me a favour the man doesn’t give a monkeys about what anyone thinks and it’ll be business as usual, with a few new faces to fool the punters.

• wynsleap

May 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM

I agree that NUST have stupidly muddied the waters but it shouldn’t stop people from walking out anyway . If they want to do it at 60 mins -do it, if they want to do it at 69 mins – then do it.
    What matters most is that by the time there are 20 minutes left there is no one in the ground to say goodbye to this crap season and even crapper manager.
    Don’t let the different times spoil this last good chance to show how we feel about the way this wonderful club close to our hearts is being run. (And don’t forget to give constant dog’s abuse from the first minute to Ashley before you walk out either!)
    Go for it lads!

• mag

May 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM

And this nust rubbish trying to unseat a billionaire, totally futile the man is immune from insults he employs poor Pardew to take all the crap! If you’re not happy stay away from the club, but don’t moan about it as it’s not going to change any time soon.

• mag

May 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM

After listening to Kevin keegan, any manager would be treated like a skivvy under this man, he constantly undermines Pardews attempts to sign some quality. Pardew is starting to look like a broken man.

• kevymartins

May 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Is our fans that retarded there actually gona do a walk out…That’s so f***ing stupid. Do you realize that while your doing the walk out MA is still gona get the £££ you paid to walk out…..Sometimes I swear it feels like i’m the only person on here that has not spend on the club for the last 2-3 seasons while all these nust rejects are paying MA to walk out of the stadium just for people to see on tv like a bunch of retards.

• G

May 2, 2014 at 11:34 AM

@34, I agree with most of what you say. It’s embarrassing for fans, and because the media have picked up on it, it’s now embarrassing for those who will stay until the end. I include myself in this. I support the team, not the regime.

• mag

May 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Everything Ashley does is on a shoestring budget, from the management to the players, cheap bargain basement products. If Pardew leaves the next one through the door will be another yes man guaranteed!

• lesh

May 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Tads….. What? Fans groups talk to each other? Work in concert?

It’ll only happen when those groups are ‘managed’ by folk who’ve had high level business experience, take legal advice when appropriate and more to the point have life experience and influence plus strategic and political acumen.

If there were less revolutionary fervour and a willingness to engage in constructive dialogue rather than conflict, there may be a reasonable chance of achieving pre-agreed aims and objectives.

As is, we are witnessing activity that’s divisive and hastily conceived.

• kevymartins

May 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM

@G They shouldn’t be doing all this crap it’s bad for the club either way…They should pick a side and get on it

Side A) Not supporting whats goin on at the club so I won’t give them my money.

Side B) I don’t care about the board I support my team. So I will go to the matches.

But them rejects are doing both sitting complaining about every last thing MA and the board is doing but keep giving them their money it’s so hypocritical.

Instead of doing a walk out just don’t go in and protest outside while the match is on problem solved.

• mag

May 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Nothing is going to change under Ashley!

• theartfuldodger

May 2, 2014 at 11:43 AM

It appears that we are taking it step by step…

First make it known to Ashley/Pardew that fans arent happy with the clubs working. This can be done by staging a walkout. Its a one-off thing.

If that has no meaning and makes no difference then more extreme things can be planned.

The plan is fine. And 60 or 69 should not make the biggest difference.