The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Surpising Poll Results Of Game Against Cardiff

9:59 am, Friday, May 2nd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 99 Comments

The mood of Newcastle fans is not good at the moment, and that;s reflected in our poll on the result of the game tomorrow, with just over 50% – at the time of writing – expecting us to be beaten at home to the bottom of the league team.

loic remy yellow hull city

Loic Remy - maybe he can get some goals tomorrow?

Here are the current results of our poll.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In 3-3 Draw With Crystal Palace

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

We suppose with the planned walkout being called by some fan organizations, and Cardiff City players fighting for their Premier League survival, they all go into the thinking of Newcastle fans.

Voting is still open,  but in our polls, there is one vote per reader so we get a true and accurate cross-section of fans’ feelings.

Tags: Match Preview · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

99 responses so far ↓

• 1 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Tbh the result is almost incidental as people are looking beyond Cardiff

• 2 the truth will out // May 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM

cant wait till the end the blame game begins
    ed just vote on the relevant things ashley and p 45

• 3 the truth will out // May 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM

oot

• 4 Himanshu Dhingra // May 2, 2014 at 10:05 AM

How can Mackems come back against City and Chelsea away while we cant do it even at stoke.

• 5 JAMSHA // May 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM

another loss another pardew excuse

• 6 toonarmydownsouth // May 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Just reading on twitter about the walk out

P1ss up and brewery come to mind…..

How the hell can we force change at the club if we can’t even agree what time we walk out the fusking stadium ffs

It shouldn’t matter what fan group organised it, they all have a common goal, it’s Newcastle United ffs, UNITED as in stand together, not take part in cheap games of one upmenship

It’s Friday morning, these fans groups need to get talking to each other and absolutely pepper social media with an actual agreed time or the opportunity is gone for the season

• 7 JAMSHA // May 2, 2014 at 10:11 AM

i say walk out at 5 mins

• 8 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 10:12 AM

tads

Once again we are our own worst enemies.

what worries me now is that if tomorrow is a total balls up the fans are left looking like fools

• 9 BuckLuck // May 2, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Beattie25 // May 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I once said on this very forum that the single biggest problem at NUFC is the fans.

If anyone is keeping track of this 60 minute walk out thing you’ll be seeing what I’m seeing, its descent into chaos.

There a 3 protests happening at once. People not turning up, people walking out on 60 minutes and people walking out on 69 minutes. Then you have those that are so loyal they will go to the game, stay the full time and return next season for more of the same.

The club is a shambles and people can blame Ashley and Pardew all they want but whilst the fans are as unorganised as one of Pardews team sheets and are as fiercely loyal to match days as Ashley is to pies then we will stay like this forever.

What a joke it all is and what a joke the fans are. I once had faith that whilst the Geordies loved the club as much as I did, NUFC would never roll over and simply accept mediocrity.

Sadly I was cursed with loving the wrong club and betrayed by putting my faith in the wrong people.

I am now so indifferent about it all that my form of protest is to not care about the results, match, players, manager and or owner until the fans sort themselves out.

Deserves a repost. Spot on!

• 10 the truth will out // May 2, 2014 at 10:14 AM

i say dont go

• 11 toonarmydownsouth // May 2, 2014 at 10:17 AM

JB
    Agreed mate, it’ll be all over the place, parts walking out on 60, other fans thinking “are we supposed to go now?” So they’ll be leaving on 64-5 them others on 69, it’ll take 15 minutes for the walk out to bloody happen!
    Then there will be others who stay it could be a real shambles, even more so if we’re winning!

• 12 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 10:21 AM

tads

All this has come about because the NUST have stuck their bloody noses in at the last minute trying to look like the group that united the fans after everything was in place for 48 hours or more.

Why is there need for people to seek personal gain from something as big as this? It’s sickening to watch mate

• 13 the truth will out // May 2, 2014 at 10:24 AM

i wont be ever till there gone

• 14 toonarmydownsouth // May 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM

JB
    Sadly it does seem that way doesn’t it

Been a supporter of NUST but this makes no sense, why not just offer there support and backing to the existing walk out?

• 15 70TWO // May 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM

BuckLuck – you are spot on and what makes it descend into chaos more quickly than anything is calling each other names or making generalisations about peoples freedom of choice. Fans must be of a singular mind and have a common purpose. Those that do not turn up are arbitrary, those that want Pardew out need to make a decision and stick to it (the primary idea was 60 mins.) And those that want to see the boys right through to the end of the match, give them a clap for me.

However, this blog is a microcosm of the real fan base and it would be far to easy to believe that there is mass support for a walk out. In the main people are predictably lethargic and only respond when there is something in it for themselves. Motivation for protest needs to be generated through solidarity.

• 16 magpie6699 // May 2, 2014 at 10:34 AM

On the contrary – it’s because people aren’t (or shouldn’t be) sheep that they should decide what they want to do for themselves. I make a point of NOT standing up just because some twit starts singing ” Stand up if you love the Toon” any more than I would act if they sang “Poke your eye if you love the Toon”!
    Yes things are very depressing and I do now wish Ashley wasn’t here AND that we had a better manager than Pardew. Will that be achieved by walk-outs? I don’t know. Ashlery seems to me to be a perverse stubborn b*gger who won’t care or will react even more negatively – but that’s just my opinion. For what it’s worth I have supported the Toon for 50+ years, and my fayjer before me – I was just like that little lad famously described by Sir Bobby.
    If I’m sounding apathetic, it’s not so – just that I don’t know HOW you get rid of a millionaire owner of your club.

• 17 magpie6699 // May 2, 2014 at 10:35 AM

” father” – how did that happen??

• 18 ramboreilly // May 2, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I’m in the peoples front of judea.the judean people’s front are all splitters

• 19 Laurent Robert 32 // May 2, 2014 at 10:38 AM

It definitely didn’t need a 69th minute to come out. Stick with 60th and get many people to do it as possible. It just adds more confusion which is stupid. Hopefully the 60 minutes before that is just abuse for Pardew and Ashley.

Obviously he has the money now, but even the banners at recent games have been mentioned nationally in the media and more phone-ins and talk are occurring. So they are most definitely highlighting the pressure further. Even Pinocchio is mentioning it in his interviews.

He must have a tipping point and cannot keep enduring grief every single game. There must be limit, it must be found.

Ashley should obviously be the one that goes as Pardew would be gone as well, but he is a lot heavier lump to shift and Pardew is as much of the problem as Ashley is. He still has a lot of very good players to choose from, no cups (he knocked us out of them) and they should not be scraping results and nicking points.

Ashley and Pardew out.

• 20 Graeme // May 2, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Talking of being our own worst enemy – more P45DUE drivel

He knows there are problems, damn, Sky Pundits detailed them for him, in glorious technicolour!!!

• 21 BuckLuck // May 2, 2014 at 10:42 AM

70TWO

It’s Beattie25 words but I agree 100% with him.

I can see where you are coming from. There are lots of fans that are satisfied with 90min of SJP, regardless of the entertainment provided by our clown of a manager.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again;
    Playing for Pardew is like selling timeshares in Fuengirola with a master degree from Harvard.

I don’t want to see more football playing football players ruin their career at this club.

• 22 Macas // May 2, 2014 at 10:44 AM

The original walkout was supposed to be against Pardew but the NUST have hijacked it to suit their own agenda, and in the process made a complete mess of the whole thing. Nobody should take these clowns seriously as they obviously haven’t got a brain cell between them.

• 23 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 10:49 AM

tads

The obvious thing to do was for the NUST to get 100% behind the 60 minute walk out, but alas, this being NUFC everything is a pantomime and sabotaged from within.

• 24 theartfuldodger // May 2, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Bring on Shola Ameobi in 60th/69th minute…that should make atleast a few thousand more head out the gates…

• 25 mindshaft // May 2, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Theres two things guaranteed on Sat come 16:45

Pards will still be in a job
    The walkout will have been a shambles

We couldn’t organise a p!55 up in a brewery

• 26 Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund // May 2, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I’m walking out on Sat, what’s the talk about a time change!? This late? Thought it was 60 mins all agreed?

• 27 G // May 2, 2014 at 11:10 AM

The lads on .com have done an interesting write up on the website under the heading “Should I stay
    or should I go?”

I suggest everybody reads it, as it does not sway opinion (other than their own) as to which way the fans should act regard the walk out, however, it does urge the fans not to turn on each other over differing opinions.

• 28 theartfuldodger // May 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I dont think 60 or 69 will make that much of a difference…
    I agree there should not be any confusion but the 2 times are really close…

Well, I could be wrong…

• 29 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM

FFS!!!

• 30 mag // May 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM

What does anyone except to happen? Ashley has been here for 7years now, and the club is a joke, so suddenly in the summer it’s going to get a makeover, do me a favour the man doesn’t give a monkeys about what anyone thinks and it’ll be business as usual, with a few new faces to fool the punters.

• 31 wynsleap // May 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM

I agree that NUST have stupidly muddied the waters but it shouldn’t stop people from walking out anyway . If they want to do it at 60 mins -do it, if they want to do it at 69 mins – then do it.
    What matters most is that by the time there are 20 minutes left there is no one in the ground to say goodbye to this crap season and even crapper manager.
    Don’t let the different times spoil this last good chance to show how we feel about the way this wonderful club close to our hearts is being run. (And don’t forget to give constant dog’s abuse from the first minute to Ashley before you walk out either!)
    Go for it lads!

• 32 mag // May 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM

And this nust rubbish trying to unseat a billionaire, totally futile the man is immune from insults he employs poor Pardew to take all the crap! If you’re not happy stay away from the club, but don’t moan about it as it’s not going to change any time soon.

• 33 mag // May 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM

After listening to Kevin keegan, any manager would be treated like a skivvy under this man, he constantly undermines Pardews attempts to sign some quality. Pardew is starting to look like a broken man.

• 34 kevymartins // May 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Is our fans that retarded there actually gona do a walk out…That’s so f***ing stupid. Do you realize that while your doing the walk out MA is still gona get the £££ you paid to walk out…..Sometimes I swear it feels like i’m the only person on here that has not spend on the club for the last 2-3 seasons while all these nust rejects are paying MA to walk out of the stadium just for people to see on tv like a bunch of retards.

• 35 G // May 2, 2014 at 11:34 AM

@34, I agree with most of what you say. It’s embarrassing for fans, and because the media have picked up on it, it’s now embarrassing for those who will stay until the end. I include myself in this. I support the team, not the regime.

• 36 mag // May 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Everything Ashley does is on a shoestring budget, from the management to the players, cheap bargain basement products. If Pardew leaves the next one through the door will be another yes man guaranteed!

• 37 lesh // May 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Tads….. What? Fans groups talk to each other? Work in concert?

It’ll only happen when those groups are ‘managed’ by folk who’ve had high level business experience, take legal advice when appropriate and more to the point have life experience and influence plus strategic and political acumen.

If there were less revolutionary fervour and a willingness to engage in constructive dialogue rather than conflict, there may be a reasonable chance of achieving pre-agreed aims and objectives.

As is, we are witnessing activity that’s divisive and hastily conceived.

• 38 kevymartins // May 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM

@G They shouldn’t be doing all this crap it’s bad for the club either way…They should pick a side and get on it

Side A) Not supporting whats goin on at the club so I won’t give them my money.

Side B) I don’t care about the board I support my team. So I will go to the matches.

But them rejects are doing both sitting complaining about every last thing MA and the board is doing but keep giving them their money it’s so hypocritical.

Instead of doing a walk out just don’t go in and protest outside while the match is on problem solved.

• 39 mag // May 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Nothing is going to change under Ashley!

• 40 theartfuldodger // May 2, 2014 at 11:43 AM

It appears that we are taking it step by step…

First make it known to Ashley/Pardew that fans arent happy with the clubs working. This can be done by staging a walkout. Its a one-off thing.

If that has no meaning and makes no difference then more extreme things can be planned.

The plan is fine. And 60 or 69 should not make the biggest difference.

• 41 mag // May 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM

He’ll throw a few quid at the club in the summer, just to appear interested but it’s all a confidence trick.

• 42 lesh // May 2, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Sixty minutes I could understand but 69?

Can anyone explain why 69?

• 43 mag // May 2, 2014 at 11:46 AM

See how many walk out of the club, if they are winning tomorrow!

• 44 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM

lesh

69 was the last year we won a trophy

• 45 Ibizatoon // May 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Lesh…I think I read it was to do with us last winning a trophy in 1969…or was it 1869?!?

• 46 kevymartins // May 2, 2014 at 11:48 AM

theartfuldodger I think it’s already been made clear that the fans are not happy with the board we go through this crap every bad season we have. Doing stupid stuff like this does not make a difference as the money is still rolling in. As soon as the fatman realizes he is not making any money from the club that’s when he will shut up shop and cash in.

• 47 Ibizatoon // May 2, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Damn you Butler!

Kevy…Why do you think a walk out protest is such a bad idea? I believe the idea is it’s supposed to be a visual demonstration, one that will be seen on TV, one the manager and owner can’t avoid.

It’s just a statement to say we can organise ourselves, well, as long as we can agree on the time that is.

• 48 Tsunki // May 2, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Nufc.com article on Ben Arfa spot on. If this kind of manager is allowed to shape our team he will take it back to the dark days.

• 49 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Ibiza

Seems you are expending too much energy of late as you are getting slow my friend ;)

• 50 mag // May 2, 2014 at 11:50 AM

69 minutes and we look like scoring, nobody will leave!

• 51 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM

mag

The glass is definitely half empty today :(

• 52 Ibizatoon // May 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Butler…But i’ve been practicing loads. I trained 2 days this week but maybe I was just too worked up for it and that made me a little tired.

Either way, it seems you wanted it more than me, but trust me, next time I’ll put in a better performance.

• 53 kevymartins // May 2, 2014 at 11:53 AM

@Ibiza do you think MA cares it the fans make some sort of statment? certainly not if he is still collecting his cash.

Do a walk out and what’s the outcome? Fans end up disappointed because they missed there team winning MA ends up with a smile on his face because he had a sell out stadium.

• 54 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Ibiza

:D

• 55 Ibizatoon // May 2, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Kevy…I don’t think a walk out will do anything more than provide a first step.

Fans need to have something to believe in, even if it’s themselves.

This sort of protest should be achievable and I would hope it provides a platform for future progress.

We have to start somewhere, I don’t see why not here. I appreciate it’s easy for me to say, I’m not going anyway.

• 56 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 11:59 AM

kevymartins

You are missing the point mate.

We all saw Ashley’s reaction when the reports of just 300 fans marched against him were printed locally. The fans are starting to take a stand and openly show their discontent for Pardew and Ashley so that should be applauded and not simply dismissed as folly as if nothing happens we cannot expect anything to change and if nothing changes then the future is very, very bleak

• 57 theartfuldodger // May 2, 2014 at 12:01 PM

These threats will surely stop Pardew from bringing on Shola at the 60-69 minute mark…

• 58 Macas // May 2, 2014 at 12:01 PM

The whole point of the protest was to show the fans feelings about Pardew, something Ashley may well have acted on. Now that the NUST have jumped in and twisted the protest to their own agenda the whole thing is pointless, as they are trying to hijack what the initial protest was intended for and are are trying to change the time.

• 59 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Macas

NUST have been slaughtered for their proposed time change and trying to hijack an already known protest. It’s a sad day when a supposed supporters group have put their own agenda ahead of what is trying to be achieved

• 60 hitman // May 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM

this walk out wont happen.end of.

• 61 kevymartins // May 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM

To the people saying we need to take a first step…Then what was all the protest for. What about the year we got relegated when people were in the news for ripping up there season tickets and throwing them in the river.

All the sh!t fans have done over the years and by the looks of it MA does not give a crap because he is still here.

But as that article says on nufc.com you wana do it go ahead I just think it won’t get us anywhere but you wanna go for it other fans can’t stop you so go ahead.

Although I must say it would look better if Cardiff were 1-0 up when it happens.

And the only positive I could think of doing it would be if the rumors where true that AP would be sacked if he lost this game then it might throw the players off and cause a defeat.

• 62 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 12:12 PM

kevymartins

Whats the alternative?

Sit back and do nothing and blindly hope it will change?

Simply accept everything Ashley and Pardew have to throw at us?

You may not agree with the planned walkout but it’s better than doing nothing

• 63 toonking // May 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM

macas

the signs are now getting more and more clear fans are at war with each other now,
    first you have the group of fans who are thinking long term these are the likes of NUST, what they want more than anything is mike ashley to get out of the club first i’m a one who is like that myself so for now i will not spend any money on newcastle tickets or gear.

the second group of fans are short term fans, these basically just don’t care what state ashley is putting this club in all they want is 1 entertaining game, so they will buy shirts buy tickets and go to want the team then hope that a miricle happens where pardew is sacked ashley gets the miricle manager and then spends money in the summer. so they are going to try walking out in 60 minutes now that ashley has got the money. these fans are what cause ashley to ruin this club like he is, they idiots in my eyes.

• 64 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM

toonking

You couldn’t be more wrong even if you tried

• 65 Macas // May 2, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Toonking – There are no bigger idiots than the NUST after this latest stunt

• 66 joenufc // May 2, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Im all in favour for the walkout but I do fear it will turn out to be more like the closing scene of the morcambe and wise show,stadium PA blasting out Bring me Sunshine

• 67 Himanshu Dhingra // May 2, 2014 at 12:25 PM

ToonKing and Kevy Martins

I mean why are people listening to them, If they ran their businesses they wouldn’t let Pardew near them based on the blatant lies he has been telling.

• 68 hitman // May 2, 2014 at 12:25 PM

the only thing that would work is a total boycott.but that will never happen.ashley will go when he wants to.support dont support makes no difference to ashley

• 69 toonking // May 2, 2014 at 12:26 PM

JB

answer me this then.
    last season we were showing the signs of a team who could have been relegated.
    ashley chooses to keep pardew at this club last summer, what makes you think he is going to see this at a different angle?

we want entertainment FA and league cup run and battling top8.
    but ashley doesn’t care one bit about top 8 battles FA and league cup runs or entertaining football.
    the only thing ashley wants is premier ship suvival
    fans buying a ticket
    a manger who does as he is told and has hands tied behind his back
    and finally a stadium and media which will give sports direct more advertisment
    Fact with a capital F

• 70 theartfuldodger // May 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM

If its true that around 10K fans have not renewed their season tickets , they will surely participate in the walkout.

Btw, the players who speak to the press are given permission by the club. No wonder we hear the same crap. Wouldnt be surprised if Pardew writes down stuff for them to read out.

• 71 toonking // May 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM

the whole reason he banned regional media is because those papers are only read here in the north east.
    the national papers will never get banned as they are read through out england so thats more sports direct advertisment.

• 72 toonking // May 2, 2014 at 12:37 PM

art fudge

that is just as much what pardew himself has to do in his press conference.
    ashley is making pardew sound more and more like a puppet and forcing pardew to speak out like an idiot.
    so pardew is now forcing players to do what every he can to make it sound like they are serious about pardew.
    the only ones who are not going to do that are those we know will be leaving in summer.
    that is why shola was such a critic of ashley, he knows that ashley will not be giving him a new contract.
    HBA’s illegal press conferance is because he knows that he will be leaving too.

players manager scout everyone is all puppets to this one man they call ashley.

did you ever watch a BBC program panarama which documented just how bad ashley treated him staff who work at sports direct itself, if you didn’t maybe you should then you will see yourself just how nasty life is for everyone else at newcastle.

• 73 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 12:38 PM

toonking

I’m not arguing that point, the point you made about there being two sets of fans, one who wants Ashley out as their long term goal and one who will still spend their money and don’t care what state Ashley outs the club in while only wanting one entertaining game of football and a miracle manager.

Fans want change, full stop. Yes you have some that call for the top coaches in Europe but 99% of fans are realistic in what they want and that is simply a sign of ambition in one form or another from the club. Everyone can see that Pardew is clutching at straws with every word that passes his lip’s and he was given this season to turn last years debacle around which he has failed miserably at.

Every man and his dog wants to see the back of Ashley but finding someone with the money to buy him is a very touch ask when at the same time we all know that with Pardew in the dug-out, next season is a disaster waiting to happen as just by looking at the side’s he puts out the man has lost the players and now the fans.

The planned walkout was already in place until the NUST, in their pathetic wisdom, decided to try to hijack it for their own agenda but unless fans do take action then we have zero chance of anything changing

• 74 lesh // May 2, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Ahh, 69 refers to winning a trophy in 1969….

Well, I’m afraid to today that if I didn’t see the connection, will the world at large?

That is a fine example of what I referred to in my earlier post – NUST seemingly not seeing a wider picture!

It’s not done itself any favours.

• 75 toonking // May 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM

JB
    but how is that going to make ashley reconsider giving pardew the sack when this season as a whole has been better than last season?

fans have already paid the money for tickets to cardiff so ashley has got what he wants.
    the thing that this will impact on the most is who we are going to get in the summer because players and managers will see this and think to themselves “why should i go to that club when the fans have already given ashley his money” this is saying to people everywhere that the players and manager are the worst thing, not the owner.

• 76 70TWO // May 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM

The first mention I can find about a mass walk out was a couple of days ago and it was generating similar negative reactions. Love or loathe NUST at least they have given it some media appeal and more widespread coverage. Despite any other qualms, this is an opportunity to show that the supporters are United and can act together to show their disappointment. If you want to stay in the stadium, you can support those leaving by clapping or chanting “Pardew out!” Please lets not start ripping into each other when we want to show unity to the face of our adversary.

• 77 Ciaran // May 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM

The message should be “do something, do anything”

I fear the bigger picture is being lost entirely. If fans want to walk out in the 1st minute, last minute, half-time, 60th minute, 69th minute then just do it!

As always, there are those who will do, and those who will criticise. Do something. Do anything!

Think of it like this, it offers fans 2 chances to walk-out:

Half empty by 61, totally empty by 71 ;)

I think people need to relax.

• 78 toonking // May 2, 2014 at 12:51 PM

the thing that would work best is do like liverpool did, protest at ashley before during and after a match, the manager and players but just give them full support because then they will see us as a passionate set of fans not a set of fans who are allowing the owner to get what he wants and putting all the blame onto the players and manager that was caused by ashley himself.

• 79 kevymartins // May 2, 2014 at 12:54 PM

@Ciaran your saying do something do anything.

But the people that are actaully doing something are the ones who are not going to the matches or buying the stuff.

• 80 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 12:54 PM

toonking

It will depend on what the true targets for this season were and the run from January until now is a major factor as by all signs we were a one man team as without Cabaye we have collapsed.

As for the fans already paying their money for the game? this goes beyond money as the fans are showing their disgust for Ashley and Pardew by walking out. Season ticket sales are said to be down by around 14,000 and that will hit Ashley.

And a protest is to try to change the attitude at the club to become more ambitious so attracting players or a new manager would be easy if it were to succeed.

One way or another something has to give or next season will mirror this one and the one before and thats why the fans are taking a stand

• 81 Macas // May 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM

70TWO – It didn’t need any extra coverage, the scenes when the fans left after 60 minutes would have been enough to create a massive talking point on Saturday evening. NUST have jumped on the bandwagon to promote their own self interests and should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, as they have only succeeded in sabotaging the protest.

• 82 joenufc // May 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Why not walk out on 58 mins, that’s how many lies P45due how told us this year
    Or 23 minutes that’s symbolises how much fat fella stashed in his back pocket when he sold cabaye (23million)
    Or even 6 mins that’s a good one cause it symbolises the run of defeats and how many goals the mackems have notched in two visits to st james
    Or maybe 45 in homage to our hankering for the good old P45
    I could go on I’ve got loads lol shame the match is only 90 mins I could easily make an argument for each one of those minutes. Point is whatever the time as long as the ground is seen to be emptying long before the final whistle it will impact.

• 83 Ciaran // May 2, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Kevy

There are those who choose to 100% boycott, and there are those who choose to go to the matches – this form of protest is directed at those who are still going. It is encouraging that people who are going to the match may actually engage in a different type of protest.

Ideally, people will stop renewing season tickets and engage in total boycotts, but realistically, that is not going to happen.

• 84 Ciaran // May 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Is the protest sabotaged? Will people who were originally going to walk out on 60 mins now decide not to because NUST have called for it to be a 69 minute walk out?

Or has the fact that this walkout has now been given coverage in itv and the guardian brought the message to more people than it would have reached without their input?

Either way, a walkout is being called for, choose which time you want to walkout and get on with it, instead of picking holes in what is a relatively minor issue.

• 85 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Ciaran

NUST should have stood behind what was already in place rather than changing it to suit themselves

• 86 Ciaran // May 2, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Jack

And that is your personal opinion on the matter. It is better that NUST had some involvement in this matter than none, and their involvement in this matter does not undermine what has gone before.

Do something, do anything.

• 87 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Ciaran

Agree that they should be involved but changing things at this point was wrong, we need one voice now

• 88 Macas // May 2, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Ciaran – Minor issue? NUST have hijacked the walkout to promote their own agenda. What on earth was the thinking on changing an agreed walkout at the last minute? Is the NUST really full of pea brained idiots as this latest stunt suggests?

• 89 Ciaran // May 2, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Jack

While we live our lives on the internet, many of our fans do not. NUST’s involvement has reached a wider audience than what would have been reached. If those intending originally to leave on 60 mins still leave, and those who have now heard of the 69 minute walkout leave on 69 mins then what harm has been done?

Needing one voice also means that we should set aside minor issues and focus on the fact that at least action is being promoted widespread. That’s a good thing right?

• 90 Ciaran // May 2, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Macas

You’re making a mountain out of a molehill really.

• 91 wynsleap // May 2, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Hitman @ 60 – if it doesn’t happen you’ve got all this s**t to look forward to again next season. end of.
    Ciaran @ 77 Totally agree mate – like I said @ 31 in this thread.
    Still say that it’s the fans who sit there to the end of the match, say nothing and go home, who are prolonging the agony with this crap owner and his useless puppets.
    Doing nothing solves nothing and really isn’t an option if you want this club to be better than it is.

• 92 JackButler // May 2, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Ciaran

And if you look through the internet you’ll find that what the NUST have done is cause confusion over what is happening. There was no need for them to come steaming in with their own call for a walk out when one was already in place. They should have backed what was already there as now it simply looks like they are working to their own agenda.

• 93 Macas // May 2, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Ciaran – All the NUST have managed to do is divide the fans even more and destroy their own reputation in the process. The walkout had already been arranged – so why try and change the time and agenda at the last minute?

• 94 Ciaran // May 2, 2014 at 1:15 PM

JB

If people choose to sit in their seats, it will not be because NUST caused confusion – if anything there is an added opportunity to walk out :P

I hear what you’re saying, but in the grand scheme of things, the focus is now on NUFC, pressure is all on them, we as fans should just walkout on either the 60th minute or 69th minute. If it is a success, I don’t think the main talking point will be what time it was at.

• 95 joenufc // May 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM

I don’t agree with the Nust wanting to change the time for symbolic reasons but it really makes no difference, it will take a good ten minutes to empty anyway, the fact remains it already has caught the media’s attention, it’s a shot across Ashleys bows that we can do something UNITED and coupled with the expected slump in season ticket sales it shows we as NUFC fans won’t just turn up every other week fulling the fat fellas deep pockets. Ashley is stubborn, vindictive, greedy, power crazy and ruthless but one thing he isn’t is blind.

• 96 wynsleap // May 2, 2014 at 1:35 PM

joe – you’re right he’s not blind but he does have a thin skin when it comes to being offended even though he likes to have this aura as a tough operator.
    He won’t like criticism and he won’t like walk outs either.
    His response will be a petulant ‘let’s show them’ attitude and whether that results in Pardew going, much more solid investment in the club or bu******g off all together it’s better than the status quo we currently have.
    We mustn’t be afraid of this of this flat track bully and stay UNITED whatever it takes.

• 97 joenufc // May 2, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Wyn
    I totally agree.

• 98 andyctoon // May 2, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Bunch of muppets! The f…ing lot of u…walking out on a team who need ur support…plastic fans the lot of u…its u lot whol end up turning this club I to the next leeds united or even popmpy…get a grip or if use r really that unhappy go support man city….nufc till I die from alot of u…….bollocks!!!

• 99 joenufc // May 2, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Andyctoon
    Get a grip,have a word with yourself, so a planned,peaceful walkout will lead us into football obscurity will it,not how the club is run,managed and the quality of football played.. Ffs fella nufc till you die eh,you think you are the only one? Btw what league were popmpy in anyway ????

previous post: Its Hardly Surprising That Pardew Will Not Quit As Manager