The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Plan Massive Cull This Summer – 13 Could Leave

9:13 am, Sunday, May 11th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 131 Comments

Newcastle-born midfielder Conor Newton announced yesterday that he would not be staying at Newcastle, when his one year contract ends in June, and he will be one of many players heading for the exit door this summer.

jonas gutierrez cardiff

Jonas Gutierrez – leaving in the summer

And it seems like other loan players Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier, Haris Vuckic, Jonas Gutierrez and Romain Amalfitano will all leave Newcastle this season.

The only two loan players who could stay are 19 year-old North Shields born Adam Campbell, who has not had a good time of it at St. Mirren with two goals in 12 games and he’s been on the bench most of the time – and Mehdi Abeid who has done well in Greece playing for Panathinaikos with 10 goals in 36 appearances.

Not including Campbell and Abeid there are six fringe players who will leave the club, and it’s also expected that Gabby Obertan will leave and Dan Gosling and Shola Ameobi will become free agents when their contracts run out at the end of June.

That’s nine players to leave, with on-loan striker Loic Remy also leaving, and Luuk de Jong should leave, although there was news Newcastle may give him a second chance next season.

The futures of both French wingers Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux are up in the air, so if you add these into the mix, that’s 13 players who could leave the club this summer, as new Managing Director Lee Charnley attempts to bring in some top players to Tyneside.

This clear out will occur whether or not Alan Pardew keeps his job this week.

What do you think?

Tags: Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours

131 responses so far ↓

• 1 welshgeordie9 // May 11, 2014 at 9:18 AM

So 13 could leave, does that mean 13 players are coming in

I don’t think

• 2 welshgeordie9 // May 11, 2014 at 9:19 AM

So, ed if you add Ashley and pardew then you could make it 15

Ha ha ha

• 3 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 9:21 AM

What ever happens never stop giving both NoNuts and Parsnip hell!

…if Ashley decides to keep Pardew, then shift the attention to Ashley. He is all about money and as little work load as possible when it comes to Newcastle!

Toy with his money and give him some work to do and you’ll have his attention. Pardew is to shallow and non caring to ever resign!

• 4 welshgeordie9 // May 11, 2014 at 9:22 AM

It’s going to be a very very long summer, and I can’t wait

Not

• 5 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:22 AM

13 will leave – 1 or 2 brought in – relegation

• 6 welshgeordie9 // May 11, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Well I hope the leave our club chants happen today, that should have started in january

• 7 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I would like to see Collo, Jonas, Marv, Remy, Saylor gone considering there wages are high

Collo – 60-80k
    Jonas – 60-70k
    Marv – 40-50k
    Remy – 80+k
    Saylor – 40-50k

• 8 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Ed…I think it would be alot easier to rebuild Newcastle with a new manager than with Pardew at the helm.

…even NoNuts should realize that! It’s simple mathematics.

• 9 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Obertan won’t be going anywhere, Gosling and Shola will be getting new dis improved contracts, any non purple still on a contract won’t be going anywhere as they are dross.

• 10 geordie157 // May 11, 2014 at 9:30 AM

There’s a lot of dead wood to clear out. But its the first team players on good wages who should be priority.

Obertan, Shola, Jonas, Saylor and probably Marveaux. Gosling I’d maybe give a 1yr contract but dependent on if Abeid has developed or not.

Campbell, Fergs, Amalfitano, Vuckic and Newton too. Tavernier might still come good, he’s a class above league 1 that’s for sure.

Hopefully Bigi will push on, but feel a couple of new coaches are needed to help our youngsters.

• 11 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:31 AM

jesperfuglsang – captain of the lemon crew

do you honestly think chanting at MA will have any effect on him, we’ve been doing this for years and nowt has happened.

P45DUE on the other hand will crack under the pressure like he has been for a few weeks with the fans on his back.

In my honest opinion I would rather see P45DUE sacked than to have any transfer business at all

• 12 geordie157 // May 11, 2014 at 9:31 AM

add Cisse to that lot too.

• 13 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Man City have a big banner with ‘Pelligrini charming man’ our ‘leader’ saw fit to call him a fcuking old cnut.

• 14 welshgeordie9 // May 11, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Jail for Ashley

I’ve got a bad feeling that might happen, when here on here they mention a clear out they never mention gosling or obertan, they are going to be here next season.

Oh great

• 15 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:34 AM

geordie157

agree with you there mate that the players on high wages need to go.

even Collo needs to go

• 16 jazzyp // May 11, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Black and white
    Don’t forget to add Obershocker to that list mate.
    Strolla
    Gosling
    Newton
    Remy
    ferguson
    Vuckic
    Tavs
    Amalfitano
    Gutti
    Obershocker
    Marvs
    Saylor should all be shown the door or are already leaving never mind the chance of losing Debs and Krull

• 17 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Black and White…you sitting in the stand enjoying you season ticket and sausage sure as hell ain’t doing jack mate ;)

• 18 Nam-Magpie // May 11, 2014 at 9:37 AM

we have good players I won’t be surprised if they leave… The tactics Pardew uses have no effect… If Pardew is still a manager next season we will be facing relegation for sure.

• 19 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Geordie157,
    You can’t clear out the deadwood if they don’t want to go, nobody on the planet will pay Obertan more than he’s getting here.

• 20 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:37 AM

with Cardiff relegated we should snap up Fabio and a few others, also with Norwich why not try snapping up Van Wolfswinkle ( speliing ) and a few others?

surely a good rotation of players could keep us battling for cups

• 21 BuckLuck // May 11, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Who leaves and who stays doesn’t bother me one bit as long as Pardew is here.

He had a decent team at the start of the season. Even with Cabaye he still didn’t know how to set us up to play attacking football.

He will never learn how to train and play like an attacking unit. That’s all down to philosophy and mentality. That just doesn’t change when you are a grown man.

• 22 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:38 AM

jesperfuglsang – captain of the lemon crew

I know mate but attending fans won’t listen ;)

• 23 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Black and White…I might be located in Denmark and not taking part in the “protest”, but as far as I remember we as a fanbase are doing jack shit!

…there are a few proud people of course who are making a sacrifice and doing theirs, but most people are just concerned about their season tickets and are only willing to put something on the line if they get assurance that it will matter?

…is that how you fell as well?

• 24 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Black and White…that doesn’t mean we should shop! :)

…if you don’t stand-up for your principle then you’ve got nothing!

• 25 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:41 AM

jazzyp

I would keep some young players for backups

Fergy
    Vuckic
    Bigi
    Campbell
    Street
    Abied
    Armstrong
    Tav
    Dummet

I would keep these for backups and to put pressure on the first team

• 26 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 9:41 AM

The high earners need to go ? Why, so they can be replaced with inferior players on less wages and the difference can be spent on even cheaper tickets to mame up the ever decreasing regulars.

• 27 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:44 AM

jesperfuglsang – captain of the lemon crew

this is why I’m probably the only one on this site who has admitted that I’m the only one who tore up my season ticket,

if I can do this so can everyone else

• 28 Average_Contents // May 11, 2014 at 9:45 AM

The article where this story is from the chronicle, also said pardspew has to sell before he buys to to get player’s off the wage bill! lol as if we’d have to do that with the new mega tv money, gates, commercial income and player sales! Oh wait……

• 29 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 9:45 AM

BandW,
    You’re not really making any sense mate, Fergy is barely making the bench, Campbell has scored two in twelve games, not going to list them all.

• 30 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Jail for Ashley@25

simply because they don’t deserve those high wages and they haven’t earned those high wages

Collo and Jonas wages alone comes to about 140k a week with this kind of wages we could get about 4-5 players ( wages wise )

• 31 welshgeordie9 // May 11, 2014 at 9:48 AM

26Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:44 AM

i take it you have got a very good job then

• 32 the truth will out // May 11, 2014 at 9:49 AM

i dont give a monkeys chuff who goes or comes in, if by the end we are playing crap under pardump something will give

• 33 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Jail for Ashley

this is why I stated as backups for the young lads, unless you want P45DUE to keep playing players out of position like he’s done for over 2-3 years now?

• 34 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Black and White…and that to me is a big deal ;)

…I am very proud of you! and I would like to believe if I were living in Newcastle I would do the same!

That shows conviction my friend :)

• 35 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:50 AM

welshgeordie9

nope, I’m a full time carer for my mother and a football coach, so I only get £60 a week

• 36 Laurent Robert 32 // May 11, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Lower targets for the league give the impression of successfully meeting a target. When in reality most were rather gutted that we had such low expectations of battling it out for mid-table mediocrity.

Get those banners out in force at the match today and keep the singing going.

Ashley out, Pardew out.

• 37 jazzyp // May 11, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Jesper
    But if Ashley goes out and spends big this summer he knows people will renew there season tickets. If not and carries on scrimping by and running us into the ground the revolt will continue

• 38 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 9:53 AM

BandW,
    Where are you going to find a player of Collos quality for half the wages, we need quality as back up, Simmo would have stayed as back up to Debuchy but we wouldn’t pay him enough, this eleven purples shit is exactly that.

• 39 welshgeordie9 // May 11, 2014 at 9:53 AM

For those who rip up their season tickets must have more money than sense

• 40 firebug666 // May 11, 2014 at 9:53 AM

At the end of the day none of us know what will happen with players coming and going or even if Pardrew will still be here.

All we do is speculate, especially the local media. The club NEVER disclose any information to the fans, but this season they do talk about re-building the club, but my gut feeling is this is for the benefit of selling season tickets.

Until the transfer window closes and the excuses start we will have no idea of our future. We all know what must happen, but the club have always done what they wanted with no regard for the fans.

• 41 welshgeordie9 // May 11, 2014 at 9:55 AM

You don’t work hard all your lives treat yourself to a season ticket then rip the bloody thing up you just don’t.

or am i missing something here

• 42 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 9:56 AM

jazzyp…if that happens then we are talking about a large group of people without principles or conviction my friend!

…this is just football, but if you cannot give up season tickets to make a stand, then what happens when the big stuff in life turns on you?

I mean those who are unhappy but still buys tickets are just showing their true color! I would tell anyone what to do, but it doesn’t mean I don’t have an opinion about it should I be asked ;)

• 43 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 9:57 AM

welshgeordie9

I have more sense than money ;)

• 44 sickoftherubbish // May 11, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Hasnt it occurred to anyone that the only way to get at ashley is to chant about sports direct?
    Something along the lines of “sports direct are shit, everything falls to bits”
    Giving sports direct bad publicity will affect share prices hitting him directly in the pocket. Maybe something to consider for next season depending on how the summer goes.

• 45 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Jesper,
    Have you joined NUST ?

• 46 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Jail for Ashley

same thing could be said about our current star players

Tiote, Sissoko, Anita, Krull, Santon, Willo, HBA, Gouffran, Mbiwa

these guys are not on massive wages but they are quality players

• 47 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Jail for Ashley

there’s very good defenders out there who are on between 20-25k a week

• 48 jazzyp // May 11, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Jesper
    Morning buddy
    My wife and I were season ticket holders for many years until 08-9 season when we were relegated. since that time have just been a member but still go to most home games.
    The point I was trying to make mate is if Mashley is saying we are going to rebuild just to try and boost ticket sales……..then simply wait until he has done as he promised or let him fall on his sword. As 14,000 people refusing to renew will hit him the hardest of all

• 49 theartfuldodger // May 11, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Welsh,

If Shola,Obertan,Marveaux,Jonas,Gosling move on and even 3 outa 5 are replaced..I will be positive. Atleast we would be moving in the correct direction with confidence.

I hate seeing players here just to make up the numbers and use as the very last option. Players in the squad should be rotated regularly based on opponents and tactics.

• 50 count // May 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I’m trying to grasp what the name “black and white with an army lol” means..? It’s either nonsensical or beyond my comprehension.

• 51 The next Mike Williamson // May 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Might as well throw Adam Armstrong on the pile. He’s not going to get a decent chance when Pardew’s there. Senior players always get preference.

• 52 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM

BandW,
    Great idea, lets have a wage cap at 25K.

• 53 hibbit // May 11, 2014 at 10:08 AM

been told its closer to 17000 now

• 54 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM

*should says I would never tell anyone… (stupid phone) lol

• 55 jazzyp // May 11, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Even if we got dead of the “Dead wood” and replaced with players on a freebie I would class this as a step in the right direction to what we currently have in the first team set up.
    Gomis although not an ideal solution would still be an upgrade on Strolla……..as would ince on Obershocker and Hunt on Gozza

• 56 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Jesper ?

• 57 jazzyp // May 11, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Rid

• 58 Black and White with an army lol // May 11, 2014 at 10:11 AM

in my view we need as follows

1 – GK
    2 – CB
    2 – CM
    3 – STK
    4 Wingers
    1 – LB

we should as follows

GK – keep Krull – loan out Alnwick – ship out Elliot – 1 brought in.

LB – keep Haidara – loan out Dummet – 1 brought in

CB – ship out Collo & Saylor – bring in 2 _ keep Willo for backup – keep Mbiwa

CM – keep Sissoko, Tiote & Anita – bring in 2

STK – ship out Cisse – bring 3 in

Wingers – we have none so bring in 4

• 59 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Jazzyp…morning mate! I hope you got the meaning of my message even though I shrewed it up a bit ;)

…I get you point and point taken. It would be great if fans would wait to buy tickets until Ashley delivers on his words…if you would come out an make that promise!

• 60 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 10:13 AM

J4A…I think I said “I would tell anyone to give up…” when I meant I would never tell anyone to give-up…

…just wanted to correct that!

• 61 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 10:14 AM

J4A…I am considering it. Talked to Ruddy about it a few days ago. I am just gathering info on NUST before I make up my mind.

• 62 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Jesper,
    I asked you have you joined NUST ? It would be a lit more effective than you refusing to watching streamed games.

• 63 jazzyp // May 11, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Jesper
    Got it loud and clear pal.I think Ashley has to deliver this summer and he knows it.The squad has been run in to the ground….Even the players are coming out and saying so which is a good thing. Pardew is saying it….So everybody knows what we need, But getting Ashley to deliver is a different story

• 64 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Jesper,
    It’s not a life changing decision mate, it’s a tenner a year.

• 65 Fostino // May 11, 2014 at 10:18 AM

i hope there is protesting at the liverpool match…today is all about football, its about them and city. players should be excited because they will be broadcast on the world stage. they should be buzzing to perform well and cause an upset which will have them remembered in the books for some time. Us as fans will just have to wait and see where the summer takes us. ashley holds ALL the cards. it hurting us all his lack of ambition for the club. does he really expect us to be supporting leaderless club with no ambition

• 66 Laurent Robert 32 // May 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Signing more players with Pardew in charge still leaves more excuses. He had 5 the other year and that didn’t help.

He’s got an excuse for everthing.

He needs British players? On a low budget, these won’t be of a generally good standard. Mid to bottom half of league at best and a workman like unattractive gane to watch as well.

• 67 jazzyp // May 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Black n white
    I would sell Krull if he aint happy here and bring back Forster. Caulker would be a good shout to play along Colo for a season . The midfield is easy for me……Siem and Cabella.Wingers ?? well there’s a choice of Ince-Townsend-Zaha-Belhanda.
    The biggest problem which is going to need major investment is up front as this is our most dire position. Doumbia and Ba would do it for me

• 68 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM

J4A…hehe :)

…it is not about the money – I just wanted to make sure we were are looking for the same thing! It is not just about getting rid of Ashley for me.

I want Pardew gone as well and I want to be able to enjoy the football while Ashley is still here. I am not sure NUST are working towards that.

But the talk I have had with Ruddy has eased my concerns a bit ;) (I am probably on board…maybe I am just waiting until the season is over)

• 69 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 10:24 AM

jazzyp…it will be interesting to see what Ashley comes up with this summer ;)

• 70 toonarmydownsouth // May 11, 2014 at 10:25 AM

JFA
    Aye but he needs to weigh up his principles and convictions against that tenner
    It’s one thing telling people what they should be doing with there season tickets etc but c’mon lad, a tenner, this take serious thought

• 71 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Jesper,
    It’s not just about getting him out, it’s getting him to do right by the club.

• 72 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 10:31 AM

tads,
    Refusing to watch that illegal stream is pretty militant.

• 73 levithefish // May 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Some of these players could do a good job under a more talented coach/manager & their out there working under more financial restrictions so no excuse for Pardew! Protests were great last week but surely targeting both owner & manager will only strengthen Pardews position with Ashley thinking two fingers up to the fans!

• 74 ToonMatt // May 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM

If this is true and up to 13 players are going next season we are guaranteed relegation, we already have a small squad that lacks quality and with zero money available for new players this club is going down the parasite that is Mike Ashley will finally run this club in to the ground.

• 75 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Toon Matt,
    Sensationlist headlines mate, players on contracts who arent ‘purple’ aren’t going anywhere.

• 76 stuart no9 // May 11, 2014 at 10:46 AM

fostino——-‘ does he really expect us to be supporting leaderless club with no ambition
    ——-the answer to your question is – yes he does , he expects us to come and support anything in a black and whit shirt , why ? because we do. If that was to stop , he would get the biggest shock of his life .
    We need to stop going to show this creep we will not tolerate it , however some people just cant do it , just a couple of times for the good of the club would be a major step forward in getting him to rethink his plans , untill then . nothing will change .

• 77 Laurent Robert 32 // May 11, 2014 at 10:46 AM

If you’re playing poor and disjointed football, who cares what position we finish if we havn’t won the league?

The enjoyment of football is how you get the result and what you’ve seen on the pitch. Not necessarily the hollow result itself.

3 points is looking at a table is Mathematics, seeing skill, movement and creativity on a football pitch is football.

Patching over a dull and drab game with a last minute goal is a desperately pathetic way of playing football.

• 78 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Stuart,
    Are you a member of NUST.

• 79 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 10:48 AM

J4A/tads…yeah now that we are talking about it what is it that separates you two from the rest?

…it seems talking about a tenner or illegal streams are how you defines it. Us who are far away from SJP do what we can to watch the games (back when we did watch it)

• 80 Laurent Robert 32 // May 11, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Stuart, I don’t know if you saw my post yesterday? What was the Tino story at the KK event? He’s my favourite player. I would have gone if I it was possible. Love hearing the Tino stories.

• 81 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Why do you keep asking if people are a member of NUST?

• 82 jazzyp // May 11, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Jfa
    Sensationlist headline probably mate, But its what needs to happen for the club to move forward

• 83 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 10:51 AM

LR32,
    It’s not possible to say that the 1-0 win against palace was the worst game of football I’ve seen as I’ve seen just as bad 1-0 wins under Pardew.

• 84 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Jesper,
    It’s all very well telling other people what to do with season tickets and so on, simply filling out a form and joining a group that are trying to force change is doing something about it yourself.

• 85 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 10:55 AM

@77,
    ???

• 86 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 10:58 AM

J4A…no one has said NUST is the solution, so don’t make this about a tenner or stood to tads level if you want to have a discussion with me.

…non of you two are a prime example…

Just because I cannot attend SJP because of the distance doesn’t mean I don’t have an opinion about it.

I don’t attend the games and I don’t borough a friend ticket either just because it’s paid for already. I stop watching the games as that was what I could do from a far.

• 87 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM

You have a lot of questions marks!

• 88 Himanshu Dhingra // May 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Must Say My Hear Sank today reading the headline of Previous article.

Could be my last game supporting Newcastle Today.

• 89 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 11:00 AM

*question marks

• 90 Fostino // May 11, 2014 at 11:00 AM

this is turning into ‘who can be the best protestor’

• 91 santonthenewmaldini // May 11, 2014 at 11:03 AM

If we get rid of say 10 fringe players who are not really doing anything when they have appeared on the pitch and replace them with say 4 or 5 quality players that will be a step up in quality for the squad overall !Its the good players who will leave that could be a problem such as Krul , Debuchy , Santon, Sissoko and Tiote they might not be replaced properly if they leave which could be a problem !

If we are keeping Pardew we might need to spend more money as its clear their are some players he just cant use so best to get some players he could use so if we keep Pardew we need something like this to guarantee some decent football :

Shawcross
    Caulker
    Tomkins
    Colback
    Shelvey
    Townsend
    Ince
    Noble
    Rhodes
    Siem De Jong
    Gomis
    Snodgrass

I believe Pardew is looking to get proper hard working wide men who provide crosses while keeping it tight at the back this would still be reasonably entertaining as all of the above players are a step up in a lot of fringe players we have

OR we get a new manager who gets the best out of our current squad and add a few flair players such as :

Cabella
    Grenier
    Siem De Jong
    Remy
    Gomis (cause he is free!)
    Hunt

Either way we need a good a window and need to get our signings in early before they go to the world cup and if they are not going to the tournament well get them signed up before it anyway!!

• 92 toonarmydownsouth // May 11, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Jesper
    Nothing separates me mate
    But i don’t tell people what they should be doing with there season tickets and lecturing them about principles and sacrifice when all i’ve done little more than press a button…

I don’t live anywhere near SJP anymore Jesper, but have cancelled my memberships, have canceled NUFCTV, have signed numerous petitions and signed up to numerous fan groups
    Not living near the stadium is not an excuse to fall back on which over the last few weeks is exactly what you and catchy have been doing

Lambasting others whilst doing little yourselves

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, not all fans are unhappy for whatever reason, many fans are and choose to protest in many different ways
    But you can’t tell others would they should do out of principle when ignoring opportunities to act yourself, if you want to act

• 93 tequilamag // May 11, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Would it not be better to watch an illegal stream if you want to show your unhappiness with the regime. Mash gets nothing that way, especially if you are already boycotting.
    If your making a statement that the football is so awful under Pardew it`s not worth watching that is another thing entirely.

• 94 toonarmydownsouth // May 11, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Fostino
    Shouldn’t be though, just don’t think any fan has a right to tell another what they should be doing with there ticket

• 95 toon kk // May 11, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I don’t think as many players will leave as most seem to think. MA won’t be over spending it’s not his way. I can see a lot of our players wanting out of the circus.
    As for players coming in, I’d say more French chancers will be on the way at a budget.

More of the same next season, same manager, average squad and similar football.
    Look on the bright side the club will be on a secure footing financially.

• 96 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 11:12 AM

tads…you know as well as me that I not telling people what to do! I can even go back find posts to you saying so! So stop that crap!

…I have said what my opinion is and I am going to keep doing so.

You have canceled your membership and NUFCTV and good for you…but that is something that has happened not long ago.

I don’t have membership either or NUFCTV and I don’t attend the games and I don’t watch the games either. Do you think it means more just because you are from Newcastle and still goes up there?

I would sign any petition that come my way if I agree with it.

• 97 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 11:15 AM

tequila…do what works for you!

…I am doing what I think is right and sticking to it. (I assume that post were for me)

• 98 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Who said I was watching illegal streams by the way?

Do you guys get to alot of games abroad by the way? if you do good for you of course (maybe you have the money)

It’s alot easier to go to games if you live around the corner or grew up there. Doesn’t take that much effort or money.

• 99 Sazzer // May 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Most of the fringe players haven’t contributed anything this season so no need to replace them. It won’t be hard to find one player that can contribute more than all of them.

Cisse is injured until September so he will be staying.

• 100 mindshaft // May 11, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Hope someones taking a tribute to Shola banner for what will likely be his last game for the toon.
    Love him or loathe him he at least is toon through and through and is our second highest european scorer as well as the mackem splayer
    We all know he’s sometimes looked like he runs through treacle, the ball bouncing off him, the constant fouls in the latter seasons but he at least cares about the club and Pards has given him a role of defensive striker over the last couple of years in the pump it long tactics
    Personally I hope we give him a job behind the scenes, by all accounts he’s very vocal in the dressing room and on the training ground and he probably couldn’t do a worse job than Stone

be hilarious if he scored today which would probably match his best scoring record of 3 in 3!

• 101 Jail for Ashley // May 11, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Nothing against illegal streams but refusing to watch one is hardly going to force Mashers to spend.

• 102 Ancientcoptic // May 11, 2014 at 11:26 AM

“Alan Pardew met his target for the season, and the protests were against both Ashley and Pardew – so in those circumstances it was always possible that Ashley would stick by his manager.

If he fired Pardew, would all the protests then be against Mike Ashley to try to get him out as owner?

The protests last week – as strong as they were – could have backfired and helped Pardew keep his job.”

I am a little surprised to see that written on the blog – that is what I call a big stretch of the imagination. If Pardew stays it will be because Ashley is ignorant to the fans and will do as he pleases, not to insulate himself from criticism… if Ashley were to install a new manager it would relieve some of the pressure.

Ashley keeping a rubbish Manager just so the fans have another target is seriously backwards soundings.

• 103 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 11:26 AM

We do have pubs and cable in Denmark you know?

…since this is not about forcing Ashley to spend money for me then we should be fine ;)

• 104 Sazzer // May 11, 2014 at 11:27 AM

• 105 Mister Tuff // May 11, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Well two minutes ago I renewed my subscription to NUST. A good group trying to improve the club. Very easy online -paid with Paypal.
    I would urge others to do the same. For the low cost it has to be a good investment. I do not want to be labelled a skinflint -there is already a mega skinflint at the club.
    Skinflints………………………………………………………..OUT.

• 106 toonarmydownsouth // May 11, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Jesper
    I cancelled my NUFCTV well over a year ago, joined several fan groups well over 2 years ago due to the disgusting way he runs the clubs
    It has nothing to do with where your from, I’ve clearly stated that there’s plenty you can do if your not from the area so don’t try and twist into someone saying I live closer so I’m a better fan because that is a massive load of BS
    There has been many petitions, even posted on here, petitions for Ashley to talk, Ashley to sell, Pardew to be sacked, the media ban to be lifted
    There is also more than one fan group, so finding one that seems to be needed to be a complete custom fit shouldn’t even be that hard

Mocking fans for going to games and mocking them is poor and questioning there principles and willingness to sacrifice etc is trying to force an opinion on what they should do with there ticket

• 107 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 11:30 AM

J4A…we all do what we can with what we have mate!

…maybe NUST is a answer maybe it isn’t!

*I don’t go to SJP because of the distance, but I wouldn’t go either as long as this continues. I don’t subscribe to NUFCTV and I don’t watch the games. I am trying to do what I can from here.

I am looking into NUST, but don’t patronize me and makes this about a trenner. I expect that from tads not form you.

• 108 tequilamag // May 11, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Jesper fair enough , just think it`s a pretty pointless way of protesting as causes Mash no ill effects. Watching an illegal stream would probably hack him off more as you are watching his “product” without him making anything.

• 109 toonarmydownsouth // May 11, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Ancient
    Doesn’t everything related to the club sound backwards tbf??

• 110 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 11:31 AM

*tenner

• 111 toon kk // May 11, 2014 at 11:31 AM

All the protests and banners are a good idea but they just fall on deaf ears.
    MA doesn’t give jack sh#t about the fans all he wants is there money.
    As far as he’s concerned it’s his club and he’ll damm well run it how he likes.

• 112 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 11:33 AM

tequila…if you don’t think what I am doing holes any value then that is your choice!

…I don’t know what to tell you mate.

• 113 Himanshu Dhingra // May 11, 2014 at 11:34 AM

NUFC after Fabian Delph and Andreas Weimann for 15 Million. Not Bad but you could do so so much better

• 114 Laurent Robert 32 // May 11, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Win or lose, if we don’t play good cohesive and positive football, it is an empty and wasted feeling if that is what happens most of the time.

Every one can play poorly now and then. Generally poor football most of the time is a different beast.

• 115 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 11:37 AM

tads…and I am doing things!

*I have signed both a petition for Pardew to be sacked and Ashley to sell. I am looking in to NUST so you just calm down.

When I feel NUST is the answer for me I’ll make a decision.

• 116 toonarmydownsouth // May 11, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Jesper
    It’s not about the tenner, that’s what your making it about
    Many have made the argument to you about the cost of the season ticket for you to snap back with your principles argument as if all those who go are some kind of morally stunted heathens!
    So no it’s not about tenner, just that your asking others to take a massive step and huge personal sacrifice whilst seemingly being so so reluctant to make little effort or sacrifice yourself

• 117 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 11:38 AM

tads…When I feel NUST is the answer for me I’ll make a decision.

I am not asking you about your opinion on this matter.

• 118 70TWO // May 11, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Grey kit song:

I’m a man in grey
    Just a man from C&A
    And I don’t have a say
    in the ball games that we play.

The Specials – Man At C&A

• 119 Lilongwe Geordie // May 11, 2014 at 11:43 AM

HD,
    Would be more than happy getting Delph. Not overly impressed on Weimann though. Jus thy adding that £15million price tag has put it in the unlikely rumour column.

• 120 dantoon85 // May 11, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Whatever the result today pardew will still be manager and MA will be the owner. Here comes the summer of excitement…………………………………….NOT!!

• 121 stuart no9 // May 11, 2014 at 11:46 AM

JFA—–@78—NO

• 122 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 11:46 AM

tads…you keep making season tickets about money. It is not about money it is about given something up.

…not matter how hard you have to work for that money to go to the games if you don’t want to give that up for what ever reason then where is the principle?

*and we are talking about the people who are unhappy here before you go and misunderstand that again.

That last part of your post makes absolutely no meaning what so ever. You cannot compare given up season tickets to me not signing up with NUST! I don’t go to games and are not going to for now. I don’t watch games either and I am looking in to different groups and what they are doing.

• 123 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 11, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Dm – Tiote
    Cm – Sissoko
    Cm – Anita
    Cf – de Jong
    Rw – Ben Arfa
    Lw – Cabella

I think under de Boer players like Streete, Tavernier, Abeid, Bigirimana, Aarons, Sammy, Campbell and Armstrong would thrive under him.

If we are still under pardew, the only thing i can hope under him is that he buys flair players and keeps ben arfa etc. and goes back to that 4-3-3 false 9 that we had against Liverpool when we drew 2-2, and that first half before m’biwa got sent off we played some very good football and the 4-2-3-1 with the catalyst that was cabaye behind the striker. We don’t want to see players like Gutierrez or Gouffran in the team we want players like Ben Arfa and Cabaye.

• 125 Sazzer // May 11, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Himanshu Dhingra
    I don’t think Villa would sell anybody to us unless they get relegated or board does something stupid – like swap Ben-arfa.

• 126 toonarmydownsouth // May 11, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Jesper
    “Just because you have made your decision doesn’t give you the privilege to tell me to make up my mind. That decision may have to easy for you and good for you.”

But it’s fine and well for you tell people hey lad

• 127 Ciaran // May 11, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Good morning folks.

Personally I’m glad that people are at the very least discussing the merits of joining NUST. As a board member I get a very close view to some of the work that we are doing, and some of the plans we have for the future and I would love to divulge this information, but sadly a lot of the work that is done is with the long-term in mind, therefore confidentiality is key. I am sure many of you will understand this.

I am very excited about some of the things that are being done, and am proud to see NUST be very active on some of the key issues – namely the issue of the land-sale by the back of the Gallowgate, which is an issue that NUST broke to the press, and are continuing to work hard on to see a resolution for our fans that ensures SJP is not locked into its current capacity forever, this is of the utmost importance short term.

I don’t want anyone to feel strong-armed into joining our organisation, however what I will say is that for the relatively small fee of £10 per year, you are buying into an organisation that will represent you more than Mike Ashley ever has done. An organisation that is keen on bringing all NUFC fans together so we can all have a share and a say in the club we love.

I think that one day we will succeed, but we need everyone’s help in order to do that. The only way we can fight Mike Ashley is by uniting under a common cause. NUST is but one way of showing your disillusion with Mike Ashley, however that is not to say it is the only way to do so.

Jesper, I hope you come to the conclusion that NUST is right for you, and I hope others take the same step.

• 128 beermonkey // May 11, 2014 at 11:57 AM

a little perspective people 13 out don’t mean 13 in
    its sunday and ed wants to whip up the masses

do we need to replace obatan no
    abied will replace gosling
    Jonas do we need to replace him no

we have a few players that can cover different positions

its time we bought in a couple of proper winger and strikers to balance out the team

• 129 Himanshu Dhingra // May 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM

This Mother’s Day Newcastle United could be in for a Mother of all beatings

• 130 stuart no9 // May 11, 2014 at 12:07 PM

LAURENT @ 80 —— Sorry you had t miss it mate , what a night , a truly great night with a top bloke.
    He was talking about the time he had enquired about tino. Keegan said ” i was all for it ready to do the deal and every thing , terry mac came into the office and said ” here gaffa , – in that stupid fu”king voice of his , are you still going for that asprilla ? yeah , i fancy him , hell do a job. terry mac just said ” well if i was you gaffa , i would check him out a bit mor like, hes been getting caught up in gang warfare in columbia you know, guns , shooting murders , hes a bit of a lad like , could be trouble . So keegan thougt ” aye probably right , i”ll give his agent ring and try to get more info. So , he says .. rang him up and said hello kevin keegan here just ringing about tino, is he very volatile? his agent quipped back ,, volatile ? yeah very volatile , he can play on the wing , up front , midfield , stick him in defence and he;ll do a job there as well , most volatile player on the books , hahahahahha quality.

• 131 CAToon // May 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Thre season is over, thankfully. What drove us down was not the players. There is good talent on the pitch. Blame Ashley for making a bad personnel decision, but it was Kinnar’s inability to secure a replacement for Cabaye that was the problem. 2nd, pardew. For all his success a few years ago, the pressure of being the Nufc manager finally got to him. He is a very good manager, but that does not mean he is right for the toon, a club where the owner, dof, and manager must be in sych with tatics, strategy and players 100% of the time.

previous post: That Head Butt Started The Newcastle Decline