The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

The Strange Sending Off Of Shola Ameobi

9:55 am, Monday, May 12th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 199 Comments

Newcastle had two players sent off yesterday, and both were harsh decisions by referee Phil Dowd and we wouldn’t be too surprised if Newcastle appeal both the red cards, and certainly Shola’s red card.

Soccer - Barclays Premier League - Liverpool v Newcastle United - Anfield

Shola Ameobi – in action yesterday

Shola was sent off for talking to the referee and questioning the second goal, and Paul Dummett was sent off for an innocuous foul on Luis Suarez after 87 minutes, and Suarez again fell to the ground as though he had been shot by a bullet – and some of this acting by these footballers these days has to stop.

This is what a disappointed and upset Shola said on the Newcastle web-site after yesterday’s game, which  could be the last of his career at Newcastle:

“You can’t make up the way I was sent off. I still don’t know why it happened,” “I was given a first yellow card for dissent, but for the second one I’m ready to take the restart when the referee has called me back.”

“He told me to stop showing dissent, so I told him that I was allowed to plead my case. I asked him ‘are you going to send me off for trying to plead my case for my team?’ and he said ‘yes’.”

“I’ve asked a question and been sent off for that. I’m dumbfounded by it.”  “People who know me know I don’t swear and that I am not abusive.”

“If this is my last game for Newcastle then it isn’t the way I would have liked to go out. I’m quite upset by it.”  “If it is my last game, I wanted to go out on a high and we were doing great for an hour.”

“I’m disappointed in myself for putting myself in that situation in the first place, but in the heat of the moment when decisions aren’t going your way you get frustrated.”

“I’ve apologised to my teammates and would like to apologise to the fans because they were here cheering every single one of us on.”

“Up until they scored their first goal, I thought we were well worth the lead,” “We stuck to the game plan we had and caused them problems.”

“We put a lot of effort in and so to come out on the wrong side of the result is quite frustrating.”

Shola had a good game for Newcastle yesterday, and to send him off the way the referee did was bizarre, and begs some explaining from Phil Dowd.

And Alan Pardew wasn’t too pleased with either sending off, as he said this after the game:

“I know Shola. He doesn’t swear. I saw the referee and said ‘I know Shola doesn’t swear so how angry could he possibly get?’ I don’t actually know how angry you can get if you don’t swear,” said Pardew.

“I think what happened was ‘If you carry on I’m going to send you off’ and maybe sarcastically Shola said ‘Are you going to send me off?’ And he did. That’s the explanation referee Phil Dowd gave me.

“Brendan said to me straight away about Dummett’s ‘that’s just a booking’. I agree with that. He’s just come on, the adrenaline is flowing.”

“His right leg which is not the natural leg comes through and makes it look worse than it was. It wasn’t a sending off and again I think he should have managed that better.”

It was a great first 60 minutes yesterday, as Newcastle looked a well-drilled side and were holding the strong Liverpool side, and most of our players were playing well, but we let ourselves down with the two goals, and it was poor marking from free kicks in both cases.

And then Phil Dowd made things worse with the two sending offs, but we’d be surprised if at least one of the red cards doesn’t get reversed on appeal.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League · Suspensions

199 responses so far ↓

• 1 toonarmydownsouth // May 12, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Dowd is a perfect example of why no body respects the match officials
    Absolute joke

Ashley
    Take the PL money take the Cabaye money, you’ve got near on £100 mil
    Cut your losses and just leave, sell up now

• 2 BuckLuck // May 12, 2014 at 10:02 AM

toonarmydownsouth
    “Ashley
    Take the PL money take the Cabaye money, you’ve got near on £100 mil
    Cut your losses and just leave, sell up now

Don’t worry about us, we will move in and rebuild just take your money and leave”

I’ll second that!

• 3 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I’ll third it

• 4 Peter Beardsley // May 12, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I agree with Rodgers assessment on Pardue.
    This is what Keagan thinks of Pardews situation:

• 5 TrustSean // May 12, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I’ll fourth it, so only 3 more now, and he might go! :'(

• 6 Grafton83 // May 12, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Is there any point appealing Sholas if he isn’t even going to be playing for us next year. Seems like it would be a waste of time unless he’s staying

• 7 Average_Contents // May 12, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I’ll forth it

Is that even a word lol

Even if he did we all know he’ll still want his “debt” paid in full and the original cost of the club with inflation the fat kunt!

• 8 WWSBRD // May 12, 2014 at 10:13 AM

toonarmydownsouth
    Drop in the ocean mate he won’t do one while he can suck more life out of the club

• 9 Average_Contents // May 12, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Fifth it then :p

• 10 toonarmydownsouth // May 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM

WWSBRD
    I know, wishful thinking, just thinking hypothetically how many fans would happily see him pocket the Cabaye money the PL money, any profit this season to clear his debt and sell up, even if meant hardly any strengthening this summer, we solely got shot of mashers

I’d be dancing in the streets mate!

• 11 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM

tads,
    I don’t think he’s going anywhere until he’s got all his money back and a lot more, I’d love to know where the 50M in revenue has gone, that adds up to 350M over seven years, he could well have had all his money back.

• 12 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 10:29 AM

KK, backing Pardew surprises me, I don’t think a lot of people realise how tied up in the whole sorry business Pardew is.

• 13 catchy in norway // May 12, 2014 at 10:30 AM

I wish oh I wish pundits and other not involved with our club would stay out of our business ,
    none of them have a clue about what is going on at the club , they see the club is in a mid table position and think all must be good,
    the sad fact is I know they can see it, they just like to protect there own, I have never ever heard any manager say a fellow manager should be sacked , no matter what he has done, take the head butting incident , for me it was a stackable thing in its own right, it was an act of violence by a man who is meant to set an example to his own players and the millions who watch the game,

the man should be sacked for footballing reasons only, the man said judge me next season at the end of last year, well I see we have more points on the board but the football is worse than shocking, people might say we have passed the ball better this season, and I would say yes we have, side ways and backwards, keeping possesion of the ball, but we are and always have been very shy of the other teams box, we pose very little threat other than fast break aways,
    I’m 100% not against this tacktic, I fully agree with this if you are playing man c or a team that is better than you or a half decent team when your away from home, trouble is we play like this against everyone regardless ov where the game is,
    Sunderland home and away, they were bottom of the league , getting smashed by most teams , we hardly got a shot on target over the 2 games and lost to the better team,

he showed us last year that when he is losing it , he carnt seem to motivate the players , and he did it again this year, last year he had cabaye , he got help in jan with 5 good players and still struggled,
    Liverpool lost Suarez for a lot of the season , yet they found a way to play when he was not in the team , winning ,

then there is the guys excuses , simply setting a bad example to everyone under him, it seems ok to point the finger ,

these has to go for footballing reasons Alone,

he is not good enough, we will flirt with relegation with him next season ,

• 14 toonarmydownsouth // May 12, 2014 at 10:31 AM

JFA
    I agree and am gutted about it, like I said just blindly hoping, can’t have another season of this sh1t it’s not good for your health!

• 15 Average_Contents // May 12, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Not toon related but villa are officially up for sale, with a rather nice and honest statement from Lerner!

Imagine that from fatty? I can’t either

• 16 Average_Contents // May 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Can anyone post that link with kk interview please I can’t seem to find it anywhere

• 17 stuart no9 // May 12, 2014 at 10:35 AM

i was at the KK evening on friday night when that video was made . KK was actually quite dignified towards ash and pardew . He stopped short of saying he liked him , but on the other hand laid blame for the mess with dennis wise and jiminez. He explained why the hypier and modric deals fell through which had nothing to with ashley , however , Ashley did appoint them so in effect he is to blame. But a great night it was . i was lucky enough to get a table beside the stage . quality

• 18 The next Mike Williamson // May 12, 2014 at 10:36 AM

next season we’ll hear the excuse the new players are taking time to bed in

• 19 Ibizatoon // May 12, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Stuart…That is all well and good as far as Keegans experience with the club went, but that was a few years ago and neither Wise nor jiminez remain, so surely that means we should be looking solely to one man, the only one who still remains from that time.

• 20 The next Mike Williamson // May 12, 2014 at 10:39 AM

The new signings if Pardew gets his way: Delph, Tompkins, Cattermole, Nobel, Colback, Bradley Johnson, Sidwell, and Pardews main target from last season Darren Bent. Thank god the board usually veto him.

• 21 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Stuart,
    In all fairness that was five years ago, it’s hardly getting any better.

• 22 Average_Contents // May 12, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Gallagher has agreed the second sending off wasn’t a red card but also said shola must of deserved it as referees give players TOO much leeway sometimes!

I’m sorry but Phil “the sun” dowd is as up himself as they come! You’ve only got to see the way he snarls at players when they speak to him and orders them away with a look of disdain and a flick of his chubby arms! It’s all about MEEEEEE, the world revolves around MEEEEEE, I’m going to be the centre of attention because I can!

I’ve always hated the kunt and now I’d happily watch him suffer a horrific death! Too far? Probably but I nearly smashed my telly up along with my dining table, kitchen door and back door whilst going for a ciggy!

• 23 Bearsize // May 12, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Hey guys havn’t posted anything for a long time due to issues with this site on my phone but thought i might point this out. The last financial year said we made a 10 mill profit but the year before we spent 24 mill on 6 senior players and still made a 1 mill profit. My question is this, do we assume that there is at least 24 million in the kitty before we add the 35m extra tv money, the 20m cabaye cash and the 10 mill profit. Its just because we havn’t bought anyone for two windows there must be some money already floating around?

• 24 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Why do some of you keep coming back and whinging about the money side of things??? You clearly haven’t read the accounts or can’t understand the details of it.

These simply should not be issues so I really wish fans would stop wasting energy talking about the finances like Ashley is sucking the money out of the club. THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM!

If only fans could actually unite and focus on the actual issues at our club, then we might actually help change things for the better. Even if that was just to get rid of the infighting, that would be wonderful, even better if we could unite to persuade Ashley to make some positive changes!

• 25 lesh // May 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Stuart..

I must say when Keegan asked the audience to ‘Trust me’ when he said the fans would get their club back, I took hope.

Those two words reminded me of when he faced angry fans on the sale of Andy Cole. Remember, Shearer arrived from Blackburn!

It’d be nice to think that Keegan’s involved with a consortium set up to buy Ashley out.

We can but live in hope.

• 26 Average_Contents // May 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Good point bearsize

Probably not mate because as pardspew will say as he’s said before “if we spend we’ll be in the red” blah blah we can’t compete blah blah Southampton blah blah fatty is a god blah blah Southampton blah blah ;)

• 27 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Bearsize

Please don’t look at it as simplistically as that with the figures. We don’t know the exact details with all of the expenditure such as wages, agent’s fees, bonuses, signing on fees etc. until the next accounts come out and then it requires some effort to extrapolate the figures for easy digestion. Something most people don’t have the patience for…

I think it’s safe to say that we will have money to spend though. Last summer a lot of clubs speculatively spent the extra TV money that they just received as they felt they needed to to ensure they stayed in the PL. We didn’t, so with Cabaye going too, we must assume we have the money to sign several players.

Personally, I don’t care how much the transfer fees are, just as long as enough first team players are brought in.

• 28 mag // May 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Jail, and you know all the ins and outs of the club? All you do is moan and pick arguments with people who are far more interesting than the crap that you spout.

• 29 TurkishFan101 // May 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM

@TDS

You must love bending over for your pal Mikey.

Over £1b of increased valued and surpassing Richard Branson.

Include the money from last 2 windows and Cabaye money, and double money from TV deal.

He easily made over £100m.

Continue taking it from Mikey, someday he will reward you as his puppet like Pardew.

Not too far away now, fly along to his fat nest.

• 30 Bearsize // May 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I didnt whinge, i asked

• 31 lesh // May 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Tds, speaking of money, what about the Carroll money Ashley pocketed?

There now, that should get the financial whizz kids stirred up again!

;-)

• 32 Average_Contents // May 12, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Real issues? Are you for real? No your just a “bot” it’s pretty clear for all to see we haven’t bought a player for over a year and spent fcukall apart from loan fee’s but let’s all band together and protest for more communication aye! Your a deluded individual and every post of yours shall no longer warrant a response from me!

• 33 tequilamag // May 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM

All the info on transfers in and out are on this link.

• 34 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Bearsize

The whinging wasn’t directed at you mate. Sorry, that was just coincidental timing! I was posting due to other people earlier on…

• 35 mag // May 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Pardew is working for a money obsessed meglamaniac, and any other manager would be treated the same way as Pardew.

• 36 stuart no9 // May 12, 2014 at 10:55 AM

i am not defending ashley , just stating a fact that ashley employed them both to recruit players. They didnt do their jobs and we lost 2 decent players. Ofcourse Ashly has to go , but i thought keegan would have been a bit more critical towards ashley and pardew . On pardew , he said he was doing a decent job with the tools he has , i disagree. but, managers tend to have a code of loyalty towards each other . Its a hard job and no one is exempt from the sack ( pardew excluded) so its probably a goldden rule to refrain from critising a fellow manager if he is not present to argue his side , regardless of what they actually think of each other

• 37 Bearsize // May 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Cheers tds
    Thats made things a bit clearer for me, lets just hope this new training complex doesn’t cost 60mill

• 38 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 10:57 AM

TurkishFan101

I don’t care how much Mike Ashley earns via SD and other sources. To me, that has nothing to do with NUFC.

Mike Ashley doesn’t appear to have made any money from NUFC at all! Sure, he’s using some of the advertising space for SD (which is pretty damn tacky) and says that’s in exchange for not charging interest on the loan he’s provided.

The money goes into the club, it’s as simple as that. He can’t just take it out without it going into the accounts.

• 39 mag // May 12, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Pardew would probably love to sign top class players, but tight wad blocks it!

• 40 catchy in norway // May 12, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I’m not worried how the owner treats the manager ,
    I want to see a manager that looks after the players , not hangs them out to dry,

win as a team , lose as a team,

pardew will think he is fully justified treating HBA and marv the way he does , because Jose treats his players the same way, mata gone , expect hazard to be next , Chelsea will turn on their hero soon , wait and see ,

• 41 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Average_Contents

We all know we haven’t signed anyone permanently since a year last January. No news there! We all know that we need several first team players this summer too. No news there either!

The issue is not Mike Ashley taking loads of money out of this club. The key issues are:
    – why the hell doesn’t Mike Ashley employ an experienced DoF/MD/chairman who knows how to run a top-flight football club??
    – poor transfer window last summer and terrible window in January. Someone needs to be responsible for making sure that doesn’t happen again.

Sort those two out and so many of the other issues become normal football issues or minor issues.

• 42 mag // May 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM

HBA does himself no favours and Marveaux is crap just like Anita!

• 43 Bearsize // May 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Lol yeah i just noticed, no probs

• 44 tequilamag // May 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Catchy why are you not worried how the owner treats the manager? What makes you think the next manager is going to get any proper investment ? You could have the best manager in the world but unless he is supported we are always going to be playing for mid-table.

• 45 mag // May 12, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Pardew watches the primadonnas on the training ground, that’s probably why they don’t get a game.

• 46 mattnufc // May 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Liverpool and Man Utd have already placed bids for players, how long until Newcastle do the same?

• 47 stuart no9 // May 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM

lesh. last year i commented on this blog that what we need is a group of people who bleed black and white . the first names i mentioned were KK, S hearer, then rob lee , chuck a few more names in people like sting, whatever , i got more than my fair share of micky taking thrown at me . but what i meant was get these guys together to run the club and sourse the financial backing from where ever , middle east , whereever, and leave the recruiting and day to day running to the people who know . Last month Man u had a vision of doing exactly that, if that comes off , idont know , but people with the club at heart need to run it . When i got my shirt signed i asked KK what he thought of the man u plan – he loved it , i asked if the same would be possible at newcastle and when was he going to get it sorted ,hahahah he just smiled and said why not . whatever he meant by that.

• 48 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM

By the way…well done to whoever Paul Myers is! He won the Newcastle United Blog Fantasy Football league and finished 44th overall out of over 3.2 million players! Good work!

Don’t know whether any of the top players are regulars on this blog unfortunately, just real names and team names on there.

• 49 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM

mattnufc

You mean Southampton are leaking bids for their players because they know they’re going to leave and they want to drive up the price?

I said it could be tough for Saints next season…they will get a lot of money for top players but they need to spend it wisely. We’ve seen this happen to clubs before and they’ve bought loads of players and they just haven’t gelled. Plenty of £10M+ players have not cut it in the PL.

• 50 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 11:15 AM

mag // May 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    ‘All you do is moan and pick arguments with people who are far more interesting than the crap that you spout’
    Probably one of the most extreme cases of pot calling kettle black known to the history of man.

• 51 jimiley // May 12, 2014 at 11:16 AM

NUFC is a massive wind up for Ashley. It has been since some idiots slagged off his daughter. He is worth, according to the Sunday Times, three thousand seven hundred and fifty million. He will be richer than Abramovitch in a few years. he is the 23rd richest man in the UK. A couple of hundred million for the Toon is pin money. He is prepared to lose that money to put the fans through the wringer. It is all a wind up. He will do exactly the opposite to what the fans want. They want rid of Pardew. Guess what Ashley is going to do?????? Put your shirt on it despite the manager having the worst record of any Toon manager. Ashley is creaming off all the money whilst making sure we do just enough to stay in the league. I have no sympathy for fans who moan about the regime and then put 30 quid in Ashleys pocket every week. They are sustaining the wind up. Mugs. I am well out of it.

• 52 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 11:17 AM

TDSarf,
    They might as well do what we do and not spend it at all, this is an excellent safeguard against buying a flop.

• 53 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 11:19 AM

JfA

Nah. They’ve got a proper structure in place with a chairman who knows professional sport and everything! They’re reet educated doon in Southampton you nah!

• 54 The next Mike Williamson // May 12, 2014 at 11:24 AM

The value of Sports Direct increased during the recession because he was offering cheap goods at a time when people were looking to cut back their spending. The same reason as Aldi and Poundland flourished in the recession. It had little to do with the free advertising. Although I think we should be making revenue from adverts, we can’t say the only reason he’s got rich is because of this tactic. It’s the second stupidest myth after Pardew’s gambling debts being the only reason he got the job.

• 55 Sav // May 12, 2014 at 11:24 AM

What happened to the many here who vilified Keegan for being a quitter when he left the manager’s job on a point of principle? Oh, yeah, they’re the ones who want Pardew out for putting up with Mashley. Tactically, Shola is right. We had Liverpool tied up. Unfortunately, the man in black saw it as his job to right the wrongs. Last laugh to Gerrard for the fans who scoffed with 2 brilliant free kicks If only we had someone half as good. Good luck to him in Brazil.

• 56 lesh // May 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Aye stuart no9, we can but live in hope.

A Keegan supported consortium’d be a dream and if the passion’s their in its partners, it can only transfer onto the pitch.

It may not have the financial clout of the Citehs of this world, but it should be reasonably sound so that investors’ money’s fairly safe.

Now there’s something positive for NUST to think about…. but it’ll need to be led by a board made up of credible people with maturity in high-level finance along with business experience rather than head-strong idealists!

• 57 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 11:28 AM

The next Mike Williamson

A voice of sanity!

• 58 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Did you see who took the free kicks for us? Debuchy and Dummett arguing over one at one point…which I think Dummett scuffed into the wall…rather stupid to have no specialist set piece takers in your team…

• 59 lesh // May 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Tds’s right about Southampton and its financial management. They’re owned by a Trust that’s got the indirect support of Liebherr, the German crane company, by way of family ties.

Every little helps, as they say.

• 60 70TWO // May 12, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Does anyone know the Stevie G song that NUFC fans ‘turned’ back at him? …it got a mention on 606.

• 61 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Keegan has always struck me as thinking too short-term. He abolished our reserve team I believe and he tended to sign players who were at or near their peak rather than youngsters who could grow into the role. A bit like Redknapp in that respect perhaps.

That’s great when you need a manager to come in and get some quick results, not sure what role he could have in running the club though, we need someone with long-term vision too.

• 62 lesh // May 12, 2014 at 11:34 AM

* but it’ll [Nust]need to be led by a board…….

• 63 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 11:39 AM

lesh

So what role do you think Keegan would have? NUFC legend but I just can’t see how he would fit into a modern football structure unless an owner wanted to chuck money at the club and have some fun (without a great chance of winning trophies…)

• 64 Big Pappa Cissé // May 12, 2014 at 11:43 AM

We have been on the wrong end of some horrible decisions this year .

If that was the nations Darling Rooney he could probably slap the referee and get away with it FFS .

• 65 70TWO // May 12, 2014 at 11:44 AM

TDS – by ‘trophies’ I take it you include cups? If Hull are in the final and Wigan won it last year, why can’t we?

• 66 Laurent Robert 32 // May 12, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Lesh and Stuart, that ‘trust me’ line from Kev gives a bit of hope!

Stuart, you didn’t mention to him about his mate the Sultan of Brunei then? Hehe.

I would most definitely have Keegan managing us again.

When people call him a quitter, it can also be construed as standing up against corrupted elites. That is something to be proud of.

I’m a big fan of Kev for a quite a few reasons.

• 67 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 11:48 AM

70TWO

I didn’t say that we can’t did I? But it’s not as if Keegan has won any cup trophies as a manager is it…?

There are some managers (like Mourinho, Ferguson) who will just do what they have to to win, there are others who haven’t quite got that focus. Keegan will never get over that interview…

• 68 Laurent Robert 32 // May 12, 2014 at 11:49 AM

A Keegan based consortium would be excellent.

If Niall Quinn can bring about change at Sunderland (fair play to him by the way) then the likes of Keegan and Shearer could do the same if they really wanted to.

Ashley’s pricing of the club is a big sticking point though.

• 69 70TWO // May 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM

The whole situation at NUFC rankles me and I am attempting to step away from commenting because really in the short term nothing is going to change. I just hope that next season I can have some pride back in the club that I support and an end to the cheapening degradation.

• 70 mattnufc // May 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM

@TDS
    No, I was not inferring about them leaking bids. I am talking about two clubs showing ambition, unlike another one.

• 71 Toon Tang // May 12, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Did 12miilion euro striker van-wolfswinkel really just complete a whole seasons worth of footy only scoring one goal.

I hope delia kept the receipt, bloody hell what a hardship.

• 72 Graeme // May 12, 2014 at 11:58 AM

The thought of KK returning in any active role at NUFC is hardly a good one to be honest. He isnt the most committed manager thats for sure. At every job he has been at, he has walked away when the going got tough.

The 1st time he was here, was phenominal. The footy was superb, the club was rocking and his “Entertainers” were everyone’s 2nd team. He came as close it it could get to winning the title, but bottled it in his rant at Fergie – he was psyched out basically.

If he came as Chairman of a take-over consortium, it would be fantastic as he would get them complete fan support from day one. Installing a top Manager to run the club would be an even better move as it would leave him to do the PR but take him away from the day-to-day stuff that gets him down. Probably the best of both worlds – its a nice pipe dream I guess lol

• 73 beermonkey // May 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM

some talk on here of a consortium led by keegan is there any truth to this or is this fantasy

• 74 70TWO // May 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM

TDS – I don’t disagree with you about Keegan, although I will always appreciate his time as manager. For him it was all about assembling a team that could potentially win, whereas NUFC is large enough to become a ‘club’ that wins.

• 75 Laurent Robert 32 // May 12, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Players like Drogba were also ridiculed in their first season. Sometimes you just have to cut them some slack.

If he’s persistently crap throughout his career, then that is another story.

• 76 mecannylad // May 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Don’t knock me for daydreaming.
    …… a mysterious British consortium comes up on the rails and buys out Ashley.
    …… they install Keegan as Director of Football
    …… who could best be installed as Head Coach ?

There’s a feeling in my water about this.!!

• 77 Lilongwe Geordie // May 12, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Wouldn’t want Keegan here as manager again, however as a person who could sell the club, the area, the people to potential signings, I can’t think of many better. In a sort of DoF role, with little or no involvement in expenditure he could be able to sell the club and make us an attractive proposition.

However all this is cloud cuckoo land unless someone is going to pay over the odds for the club, and/or Ashley decides he has had enough.

• 78 mag // May 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Jail, comeback when you grow up!

• 79 mag // May 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM

More fanciful rumours about keegan, it’s not happening so move on!

• 80 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM

mag,
    Remind me please, are you the father or son in that incestuous double act you’ve got going on there ?

• 81 Munster Mag // May 12, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Toobdarnsarf, hope all well with you. Agree with many of your postings about expectations etc, but I hope you are not denigrating KK. Its easy to slag off a guy like that, but we are sooo lucky to have had him as a player and ,manager. I listened to his debut v QPR on the radio in Ireland – the radio nearly exploded when he scored. To have a guy like that involved in some sort of senior capacity in the club would be wonderful, with the right backing. He is very financially astute ( he was one of the fitst players to make money out of his image ) but more to the point, he is an NUFC salesman to his boots.

• 82 mag // May 12, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Jail, do you come on here just to prove care in the community doesn’t work?

• 83 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Enough said.

• 84 Munster Mag // May 12, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Re Van Wolfswinkel – we had plenty of guys slagging off the club for not buying him? Can they stand up now ?? Similarly , is Catchy going to admit that he was backing the wrong horse when he screamed for us to have Solsjkaer ?? The man who made Cardiff worse and brought them down?? Well done Catchy , you sure know your football.

• 85 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Has old jail got any decent patter today?

• 86 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 12:18 PM

He must have to amuse himself between planes!

• 87 andrew84 // May 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I personally don’t care where we finish season after season, providing we get value for money, entertaining (to a degree) football and 100% effort from the players and staff. The 10th place finish certainly does not reflect our horrible performances since February.

And to the likes of Brendan Rodgers and others who say we’ve done well this season, my response would be this: you’re only as good as your last game. You’re CERTAINLY only as good as your last 15, and we’ve been awful! You can certainly blame Pardew for that as well as Ashley.

The fact remains that, when we’ve got players (on paper) such as Cisse, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa, Krul, Santon and Debuchy, our results have been criminal, and Pardew has to be held accountable for the fact he’s unable to get the best out of these players. Him and Ashley.

• 88 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Jail was one of wolfswinkels biggest fans, he went potty when Pardew didn’t buy him.

• 89 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Munster,
    I think a lot of people were getting frustrated with a complete lack of activity in the transfer market at the time, I don’t watch any other football outside of the PL but was desperate to get Gomis just to get some bodies in, a lot of people also gloated that we dodged bullets with Remy and Bony.

• 90 validator // May 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM

On the subject of players Pardew dropped from the first team, maybe he didn’t see enough desire and commitment from them.

• 91 Laurent Robert 32 // May 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Every signing isn’t going to be excellent, u have to accept that. However, u shud expect a decent sized percentage of them to be.

For every RVW there is a Bony. No problem, you just keep dealing until you get players that suit. Signing no permanent players in two transfer windows isn’t helping anyone.

• 92 stuart no9 // May 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM

• 93 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM

LB32,
    As I mentioned earlier, not buying anyone guarantees we won’t sign any flops, shrewd operator that Mashers.

• 94 stuart no9 // May 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM

laurent – did you get my story on tino yesterday?

• 95 beermonkey // May 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM

before van wolfswinky went to norich his record was pretty good

Utrecht 64 (26)
    Sporting CP 55 (28)
    Norwich City 25 (1)

he is also a striker that like to have some1 near him to work with
    Norwich only ever played with one striker
    like our very own cisse play to the players strengths and the goals will come

• 96 Munster Mag // May 12, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I completely agree Laurent. We have to sign people, but guys on here think they know a lot, and they dont in reality. I would put my knowledge of players and football up with any fan, but I’m not going to use words like “Pardewed” to describe fellas like HBA who have failed to make the most of theor talents in every club , and are happy to have words like Ballon D’or associated with them, and like comparisons to Messi ffs. Have you seem how hard Messi works off the ball – not directed at u Laurent by the way.

• 97 validator // May 12, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Mr Ashley, has reached an impasse, this summer sees a lot of Newcastle United, players out of contracts, and a few reaching the end of their careers, so he has to invest in a new squad.

• 98 Magpies-till-d3ath // May 12, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Remy Cabella has confirmed be has played his last game for Montpellier. I wonder if all that about us having a pre contract with him was true? Wouldn’t surprise me if they ended up being true, wouldn’t surprise me either if they were a load of bull. Either way he’s sure to be another player with all the talent in the world…that gets PARDEWED

• 99 Malta Mag // May 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM

The most important thing about this article is that Shola says it’s his last game for Newcastle………thank goodness bless him

• 100 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Malta Mag,
    “If this is my last game for Newcastle”

• 101 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM

mattnufc

That’s a tired old line. We have no idea if NUFC have made any bids for players yet because they keep their cards close to their chest. Man Utd might have bid for 10 players as far as we know but it appears that Southampton are one club who like to leak news of offers for our players.

• 102 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Here’s hoping that Coloccini, Williamson, Saylor, Marveaux, Obertan and Elliott follow Sholas lead and do one as well!

• 103 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM

70TWO

Massively appreciate his first time as manager and I love his passion for the game! Didn’t I refer to him as a NUFC legend earlier? Shearer is a NUFC legend too but would you want him back as manager?

I just think the game has moved on from Keegan…and certainly football has.

• 104 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Tds class is forever, you berk!

• 105 martoon // May 12, 2014 at 12:47 PM

81 Munster Mag @81 – Watch your back agreeing TDSarf otherwise Ciaran the blog bully will be on your case :)

• 106 Laurent Robert 32 // May 12, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Stuart, I did, yes. Funny stuff.

I read something by Bez before where they had a get together as players and Tino was there and one of his Colombian mates was there as well trying to sell what Bez thought was fake jewelry. He bought some to help him out a bit. He said that the following week or whatever he had the stuff valued and it was the real deal. He says he was over the moon!

Another one was about Tino wanting to get off at half time to catch a plane to Colombia or something. He was pestering Kev about it and was let off eventually. Bez said he looked out of the dressing room window and Tino’mate on a Harley or something was there to pick him up and he was ‘gesturing’ to them as they fled off. That was at half-time.

He’s a mad one is ol’ Tino. Different way of life over there.

• 107 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Munster Mag

:-) As I just posted, absolutely not denigrating Keegan! NUFC legend. Wonderful spokesman for the club, and most importantly for the fans. But not really a team player…sometimes someone has to take a hit for the team, sacrifice their principles for the greater good etc. Keegan would have made a very good knight for King Arthur!

• 108 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM

stuart no9

He can’t bring that back, that’s the point. These days, there are 5 massive and hugely wealthy clubs who are miles ahead of us. In those days SJH was bankrolling the club to sign the best players. So unless we had a billionaire come in, KK couldn’t do it again.

And do remind me what happened when we were on the verge of the title…amazingly entertaining and the best time in my lifetime for NUFC, but an owner will want a winner, not an entertainer…

• 109 beermonkey // May 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Magpies-till-d3ath
    saw that yesterday and givn that his dad said he was coming with us gives me a little hope but only when I see him with the shirt on will I believe it

I really don’t care how much the club spends this year
    as long as we get the right players specialists in there positions no more versatile players

• 110 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 12:52 PM

These blog pundits that make these ridiculous statements about keegan being past it. Keegan is a very shrewd man who commands respect from everyone in the game, if he was giving complete control of Newcastle United, we’d be in the top four, no doubt about it!

• 111 Munster Mag // May 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM

My heart would jump in an excited way if Pardew was replaced, but only with someone better. If we get the right players in, I can see a top 10 finish next year, but his football will continue to be very cautious – typical of an ex defensive midfielder. I dont agree with people saying he is ruining careers etc and i read another comment during the w/e that he is an excellent coach – made by a player he managed in the past I think. Also, if the season is looked at as a whole, its been far from a disaster. Norwich had a disaster , so did Fulham. We didnt, although the future is a worry. It should be said that we said the exact same last May, but we improved a lot, the football improved from the vert start of the season, and he changed tactices to get Cabaye involved further up the pitch. Of course there have been disasters and Pardew is limited, but hopefully we can actually sign up a few players now, seeing as Kinnear wont be involved.

• 112 martoon // May 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Those of you suggesting a consortium with Keegan, Shearer, Sting etc. It’s a nice idea but unfortunately while these guys are millionaires you need to be another level up on richness, i.e. a billionaire to buy a Premiere League football club.

• 113 Laurent Robert 32 // May 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Munster, I’m a big fan of Hatem’s and with the right management and style of play he could be very good.

I reposted a very good piece by Niafron a few weeks back as he describes Hatem’s career in a nutshell. Good teamplay and style was actually making him play great stuff. Some of the defensive managers made him sub.

I may repost it another time but Niafron has followed him from when he was young and he puts a few things into perspective.

I’m all for flair and enjoyment. Hence my moniker. Albeit he didn’t like tracking back either. Ben Arfa tracks back more than Ginola or Robert. Both were my side of the pitch at the match.

• 114 martoon // May 12, 2014 at 12:55 PM

guvnor @110 – If Keegan is as smart as you say how come his Soccer Circus went belly up?

• 115 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Which division was the soccer circus in?

• 116 Lilongwe Geordie // May 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Beermonkey,
    Those figures for his career actually point to RvW not being that great. Hardly prolific in 2 poor leagues. Good strikers in Holland that still don’t cut it in England score nearly a goal a game, some score more than that!

• 117 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Munster Mag

Man Utd had a disaster too…and Spurs, Arsenal and Chelski will all be disappointed (Arsenal less so if they win the cup). Swansea will be disappointed too. In fact, the only teams who I think have done better than they expected will be Liverpool, Everton, Saints and Palace. Man City did well but they will have expected to…

I’d like to see Pardew replaced but I’d be nervous about who came in…Mackay? Clarke? Lambert? All names that people really wanted last summer…2 sacked and 1 is probably in a worse position that Pardew in terms of keeping his job…

• 118 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM

martoon

You missed out Jimmy Nail and Ant & Dec…

• 119 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Tds did you get that of the validator?

• 120 Munster Mag // May 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM

TDS, I’d have Keegan ahead of Pardew as a manager. Football hasnt changed much, only ownership. In fact, the only real changed in football tactically over 20 years have been:

1. The demise of the sweeper
    2. The rise of the defensive midfielder
    3. The decline of 442 ( which can still work perfectly well – witness Mourinho )
    4. Barcelona’s style change.

KK could work all that out, but its as a figurehead I would want him, not as a manager.

• 121 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Keegan turned Newcastle United, from a club heading into the 3rd division into one of the best teams in the premier league. So chew on that!

• 122 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM

We appear to have dodged bullets for the likes or RvW, Hooper, Osvaldo and Bent. Just thinking of a few that people were crying out for us to buy.

Bony would have been the one I wish we’d have signed last summer but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I’d have been gutted with any of those above…

• 123 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM

So are you happy we stuck with shola tds?

• 124 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Munster Mag

The problem with having someone as a figurehead is that someone else needs to pull the strings. There’s no way that Keegan can be that man. He’d come out with something that he feels but doesn’t match how the owner feels.

I don’t think KK would have the credibility with the players in terms of actually winning things. Not any more…sadly…

• 125 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:06 PM

You know that feeling when a fly just keeps buzzing around your head…

• 126 stuart no9 // May 12, 2014 at 1:07 PM

tds , we didnt pay afortune forplayers, he simply knew which players to put in every position , got them playing as a team , if a certain playrer coudnt defend, thet didnt have to . as kk said what ias the point of having ginola defending ? hes not going to cause any damage there is he? so he didnt , we had degfenders to do that. we had midfielders who played in midfield, and strikers who played up front – no where else. ok money will need to be spent ,but if you have the knowledge and the ” knowhow ” on how to put a team together, you dont need mega billions to do it . also he let teams worry about us , and f//k they did.

• 127 TurkishFan101 // May 12, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Top young prospect, excellent defender.

Hope we get him, but he will not progress under Pardew, look what happened to Mbiwa….

OMG…FCK OFF PARDEW YOU COCKNEY TWAT!!

• 128 Munster Mag // May 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Dransarf, I agree re dodgy managers. My personal fav fear is Big Eck! But he won a trophy you know! I think if Pardew gets the players needed, he will be fine. We wont pull up trees but wont go belly up either. For example, he likes 442, but with diasasters like Obertan ( Pardew was hoodwinked by his mate Fergie at the time of the Twitter controversy, as I pointed out when we signed him . Oh yeah, i was shouted down for that too! ) . But if we get good wingers, it will allow Pardew to defend in numbers, which is what he loves. Our interpassing has improved fron the hoofball, but I would be very worried about our defenders, although Colo as a sweeper would be great, with two decent defenders in front of him, and proper full backs – ie not Santon, an excuse for a footballer.

• 129 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I’d say double European player of the year still carries a bit of weight.

• 130 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Tds you do talk some tripe. When ever the pundits talk about Newcastle United they only ever mention the keegan years as being the golden times. So ingest that mug!

• 131 Munster Mag // May 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Sorry, but Mbiwa is not defensive giant either. In fact, if he didnt have pacy he would be abysmal.

• 132 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM

stuart no9

These days you do need billions to do it though. Look at how much City have spent to just win the league. Look at how much Spurs have spent on players to get into the Europa League. We broke the world record signing Shearer and we signed several other top players that would only go to the CL teams these days.

If Keegan is such an amazing manager, can you tell me why he wasn’t linked with Chelski and Man Utd this summer?

He was an amazing manager but his time has gone.

• 133 stuart no9 // May 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM

and another thing – cloughie won the european cup twice on pennies . you have just got to know how to do it .

• 134 sparky55 // May 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM

do not underestimate how much Ashley hates newcastle, it’s fan base, Kevin Keegan, Rob lee, Alan Sheraer and anyone else whose said anything negative about him.

He will not sell to a consortium lead by any of these people…it would have to be fronted up by someone else on the QT.

Ashleys next instruction to Pardew is to take the club down to the championship because he’s buying Rangers and he’ll have got all money back he put into Newcastle by then.

The man is running on pure hatred and wants us down now he’s got his money back and rangers lined up.

You just watch…all the good players will be allowed to leave and very few sh!te players will go because they will become our first team…it’s going to be horrible next year

• 135 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Slapping 2 ballon dors on the table would get a players attention bogey!

• 136 TurkishFan101 // May 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM

“The likes of Fabian Delph, Jack Rodwell and Wilfried Zaha are all believed to feature highly on Newcastle’s list of targets as they hope to make up to half-a-dozen acquisitions before August.” –SSN

I would rather sack Pardew and get rid of coaching staff, then we can talk about transfers and having the young ones step up.

• 137 toonarmydownsouth // May 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM

TDS
    Not sure if your initial rant about people not understanding the finances and stop talking about money was aimed at my original post was directed at me, if so you massively missed the point

It had nout to do with how much we have to spend, not saying he’s taken money from the club either
    Just saying take the money and leave
    Nothing to do with accounts just the disgusting manner in which he runs the club

• 138 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Tds is a little satellite supporter that knows nowt!

• 139 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Munster Mag

I haven’t seen sweeper since Matthaus I think! Can’t see that happening…

I think Pardew deserves to go for his inability to get anything out of the squad since Cabaye left. But, every manager has his limitations.

I know his position will be reviewed in the next week or two and if they decide to keep him then I’ll be behind him 100%. I expect a tougher target though, we should be spending and targeting the top 8.

For the long-term future of NUFC though, we need to be a consistent top 10 team like Everton have been recently and Spurs have been for a long time. It gives us a base to go from, attracts better players and better sponsors.

• 140 Munster Mag // May 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Dont agree TDS. Keegan as a DOF would be excellent in terms of selling the vision to players and bolstering our name as an attacking team. He doesnt have to run the club, but cold make an enourmous contribution PR wise etc. Of course it would need the right owner. People forget KK was one of the first players to clain endorement money – remember Brut etc? He’s not a mug, albeit a dreamer. But with the right woner, he could sell this club well. Players still respect older figures. Look at Bayern – full of their old boys.

• 141 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM

I mean read that pile of crap he just oozes nonsense.

• 142 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:16 PM

TADS

Was aimed at several people. Can’t remember who to be honest.

I get what you’re saying, even if it’s entirely unpractical (we’d go bankrupt if you suddenly took £100M out of the club). I still think there’s an easy solution though…appoint a proper football man to run the club. Ashley can sit in the background and count his money…

• 143 Tsunki // May 12, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I’ll 73 & 2/3 it. Whatever it is.

• 144 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM

If you want to be considered controversial insulting keegan isn’t the way!

• 145 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Tskunki get your hair cut!

• 146 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Munster Mag

But that kind of endorsement is all about him. How able is KK to toe the party line so to speak? I’m just not convinced by that. He’d be awesome at selling the club, I’m just not sure how he’d react by not being the man in charge…that seems to be a condition wherever he’s been.

• 147 toonarmydownsouth // May 12, 2014 at 1:21 PM

TDS
    Yes so simple he hasn’t figured it out 7 years in

I think if clearing his debt allowed him to sell the club at a sensible fee there’s nothing to suggest it would go bankrupt

• 148 stuart no9 // May 12, 2014 at 1:21 PM

martoon—guvnor @110 – If Keegan is as smart as you say how come his Soccer Circus went belly up. whats that got to do with putting a great side together??? ok martoon it sounds as if you dont like him , but i think you will have to come up with something better than that .

• 149 toonarmydownsouth // May 12, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Can’t have it both ways
    You can’t have a DOF to run the club properly and toe the party line

KK would be a phenomenal DoF

• 150 guvnor // May 12, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Tds you’re a complete berk! Stick to Fifa 14

• 151 sparky55 // May 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM

shearer should be the DOF…WE DON’T WANT HIM ANYWHERE NEAR THE MANAGERS ROLE…Kevin can work behind the scenes as well…he’s past being the manager as well…someone like Potchy as Manager with those two and Rob lee as part of the coaching staff would be great

• 152 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:27 PM

TADS

Because we need that £100M to keep the lights on mate!

I don’t know whether you’re just joking or whether you really don’t grasp financial matters. But if you take £100M out of the club then the asking price for the club would go down £100M so it wouldn’t make the slightest bit of difference to how much Ashley would get in total if he sold it…

And possibly don’t know much about business structure either…the owner gives his remit to the DoF and the DoF then does that job. What happens when the owner tells KK he needs to do something he doesn’t want to do? Or what happens when the owner vetoes a signing?

• 153 Big Pappa Cissé // May 12, 2014 at 1:27 PM

When is a team going to bite the bullet and just pay £ 20 million for Lukaku ? .

The lad could be a teams main striker for a decade and will be the next Drogba for sure .

Why couldn’t that team be us ? .

• 154 stuart no9 // May 12, 2014 at 1:36 PM

TDS—- we never had shearer in that great 95-96 season , he come later

• 155 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Big Pappa Cissé

Because Chelski might decide to keep him and because there are probably a dozen clubs with European football in a better position to sign him…

• 156 Munster Mag // May 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM

TDS, Keegan wouldnt have to run the club. I am sure that if an owner gave him a realistic, but reasonably generous budget he could stick within it. Financially we know that he wont be taken for a ride. Keegan would need latitud eto spread his dream about NUFC – financial latitude – but to say he will run if he doesnt get his own way every time is to do disservice to a guy who is clearly a bright man.

• 157 toonarmydownsouth // May 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Ah yes that old arguement
    Don’t bother going for that lad because other clubs may want him!

• 158 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM

stuart no9

I was talking generally…you can’t point to one season and expect that it can be replicated! Keegan did sign several players that suited his style of play which was a surprise to all the other clubs. The Premier League has changed now, global football has changed and several clubs in the PL are much much richer with higher quality players.

It’s a bit like a 60 year old trying to replicate that first passionate sexual relationship that he had as a teenager…it’s impossible…

We can have success, but no point in trying to copy certain things from that season and expecting to repeat it.

• 159 Big Pappa Cissé // May 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM

I’m sure plenty of other clubs wanted Bony but he ended up at Swansea . With all the greatest respect they aren’t exactly on our level .

• 160 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Munster Mag

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I think KK would want to be the main man which would be at odds with the egos of most owners and managers so I can’t see it working. Saying that, I’d certainly rather see him than nobody…

• 161 martoon // May 12, 2014 at 1:42 PM

stuart no9 @148 – Keegan was a great manager, yes, but a shrewd business man, no. Guvnor was suggesting giving him complete control and that was the point I was trying to make. I loved Keegan but you have face facts his time has passed – it would be a disaster to bring him back as manager now.

• 162 Mister Tuff // May 12, 2014 at 1:42 PM

guvnor – see you have appeared again insulting folk. You need to get back to sewing pearl buttons on your pearly king suit (Cockney garb) and munching your eel pie (Cockney delicacy).

• 163 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM

TADS

No old argument and who says we shouldn’t go for him? I was saying why I didn’t think we would get him.

Why would he come to us if he has options like say Athletico Madrid, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton, PSG and Milan for example…

• 164 toonarmydownsouth // May 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM

TDS
    TDS
    Then you can’t have this ” proper ” DoF
    Every body in football knows the club isn’t run properly hence why Pardew still has so much media support

Ashley has said the last time he tried to sell he wants his debt + the asking price which was around £150 mil
    Give the fcuked the TV money and he can fcuk off smiling
    His Debt is the only variable in the asking price as he hasn’t done anything to improve the club or increase the valuation, in fact his shoddy ownership and constant negative press has probably lowered the value
    You seem to be going on the assumption a new owner wouldn’t be willing to invest at all?
    The Cabaye and TV money have massively increased the revenue and as you tell us all the time money has been set aside for each player as we add in the wages on deals so that money shouldn’t touch that

Then there’s the commercial revenue the club could finally start bringing in which since Ashley’s reign has been lower than ever
    Not to mention the club would actually receive money from merchandise from the club shop, website, advertising, food and drink all of which are outsourced through his various companies keeping the club revenue at a low
    The club has many many stems of revenue that aren’t being used properly and could easily boost the revenue directly at the club instead of keeping it floating at what he wants it to make
    He’s outsourced damn near every port of income the club makes beyond match day gate receipts

You can’t tell me none of those things have an impact

• 165 stuart no9 // May 12, 2014 at 1:45 PM

tds — i never mentioned keegan coming back as manager

• 166 Munster Mag // May 12, 2014 at 1:45 PM

The problem I have with some of the fans on this dsite TDS is that they wanted Pardew out when we were doing well aswell. If he gives a decent reason re why we lose a game, its an excuse etc. I just feel we have to be fair in our criticism. I dont think I would have played HBA either as he looks overweight and doesnt try hard enough defensively. Remember, he did that for a while, and he said Pardew was a great boss then! It would appear that some of he players sont like his miserable attitude, if we can believe what we hear. From what I know of HBA’s personality, i have no doubt he could be miserable. His career in football will go down as that of a player who didnt maximise his potential – and some guys on this site will blame Pardew for that too , irrespective of the failings HBS has had elsewhere! As I keep saying, Pardew isnt great, more like mediocre, but criticism has to be fair to be credible.

• 167 Big Pappa Cissé // May 12, 2014 at 1:45 PM

I really hope the Cabella story is true .

Imagine this next season :

———-Sissoko———–Tiote—————

—HBA———–Grenier———-Cabella—

——————–Doumbia———————

The pace in that team would be unreal set up to counter attack . And we could have it for less than the price of the TV money :( .

• 168 toonarmydownsouth // May 12, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Athletico Madrid? When have they expressed an interest? They are getting Torres and Lukaku wants to stay in England
    Chelsea he won’t be at Chelsea Mourinho has his eyes set on mega signings, he won’t stay to play a bit part
    Spurs are possible but not a guarantee
    Everton since when are we listing Everton as an attractive club with regular European football?
    PSG can buy anyone there thinking Rooney
    Milan haven’t got a pot to p1ss in and aren’t in Europe either

• 169 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:49 PM

stuart no9

Then please tell me what I’m supposed to infer from this, “TDS—–what difference does it make if KK thinks lomng term or short term , if he can replicate the team of the 96, i couldnt give a flying f///k how he does it .”

If Keegan came in as DoF, then it wouldn’t be him responsible for replicating the team of ’96, we’d need a manager to do that.

• 170 Munster Mag // May 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM

TDS, KK would ignite this club again. He might have to be seen to be the publics hero – but he would be anyway. With a strong owner it would work. Do you remember the effect he had when we played Stoke? The Irish radio journos were plabbergasted – and they are as jaundiced re NUFC as any. I appreciate that this would not go on and on – but at least the club would recover some verve and self respect, and the fans would find their voice again. Ashley is murdering the clubs personality if I could put it that way. Is it no wonder Billson fecked off and stopped saying what a great owner he was??

• 171 Munster Mag // May 12, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Big Pappa Cisse – Swansea are at our level now…..is it no wonder people say NUFC fans are arrogant when u post stuff like that.

• 172 sparky55 // May 12, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I see BPC’s back on whacky baccy again.

We’re about as attractive as hunch backed whore at the end of 48 hour shift in a sunderland brothel right now…who in their right minds would join us now

• 173 toonarmydownsouth // May 12, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Munster
    I think in fairness your talking only about a handful of posters

I massively supported Pardew and was fully aware of his limitations
    But there’s no excusing this season, he’s fully aware of the circumstances of his job role, he knows every player has his price and knows the chances of a replacement that window are very slim

He’s had no plan b this season at all and there’s no chance if his relationship with the fans recovering
    I think he really should be moved on now, his position is untenable

• 174 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:53 PM

TADS

To be honest, I’m just not going to get into a financial debate with you. There are so many gaping holes in your financial post 164 and I just don’t feel like counteracting every single one of them only for you to come up with a biased response. But I suggest you stick to football…

And also…when I start a list with “say” and end it with “for example”, it’s completely clear that I’m being hypothetical.

Please do try and keep up…

• 175 stuart no9 // May 12, 2014 at 1:53 PM

martoon – i agree , not as manager not now , however he still has the knowhow to put a team together

• 176 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Munster Mag

Totally agree with you. Those will be the same fans who said we bottled it when we finished 5th and just missed out on the CL…

• 177 cyprus // May 12, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Both bookings seemed wrong! That’s what you get when you are a wee club :(

• 178 cyprus // May 12, 2014 at 2:03 PM

bookings=reds

• 179 TurkishFan101 // May 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Munster Mag
    ToonDarnSarf

And any other fan that thinks we do not deserve but then what we have at the current minute and past 7 years with our fan base and being a big club with big historic achievements which Pardew has broken.

Go to the mackems and stay happy without the ambition and eat the cheesy dips.

Other toon fans will not settle for second best let alone a third.

We always deserve the best for always attending games even at bad times and this year the club making £100m and the constant stupidity from the manager and lies.

Toon fans deserve for much much better but fans like yourselves are the reason our club wont move forward.

Defending the regime, defending Pardew like we are LUCKY to have this stupid ego of a manager.

Fans will continue to protest, boycott and cancel season tickets.

Go with your pro-pardew and pro-regime propaganda where they sell cheesy dips or go to Milan where mackems do not even exist.

• 180 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 2:05 PM

TDSarf,
    There are four posters who blamed Pardew for costing us CL, I don’t need to name them.

• 181 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Turkish,
    Munster has supported the Toon despite living in Ireland for many years and has been highly critical of the way Mashers is running the club, not really fair telling people to support the mackems.

• 182 Big Pappa Cissé // May 12, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I am not saying we are miles better than Swansea but we have a bigger stadium, more history in the PL, More fans worldwide and probably pay bigger wages .

I bet 9 out of 10 footballers from different leagues would chose NUFC over Swansea, and I would say that even if I wasn’t an NUFC fan .

That’s not delusion, that’s my honest opinion and . All I want is a team (like Southampton this season) that play decent attacking football, don’t get turned over regularly and have a run at Europe and Domestic cups . All more than possible with our squad (although more difficult now with no Remy or Cabaye) .

• 183 welshgeordie9 // May 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM

178TurkishFan101 // May 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Glad to see that you are in a good mood today

Dear me

• 184 TurkishFan101 // May 12, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Jail For Ashley

I may be mistaken by saying that but as I said “And any other fan that thinks”.

If he thought differently I apologise but I definitely do not apologise to TDS.

Fans have suffered right far enough being over 7 years now.

I saw TDS and both of them agreeing, TDS is just a media puppet here for the regime, he gets paid off to sprout information.

• 185 stuart no9 // May 12, 2014 at 2:13 PM

tds— keegan could be in a role where he could utilise his experience and to identify areas where we would be lacking . what does pardew do ? everything ? no , in fact i dont really know what he does to be honest. because keegan has been there and done it . as opposed to what we have now and that is – never been there and never will do it – worth a gamble ? yes or no .

• 186 welshgeordie9 // May 12, 2014 at 2:13 PM

guvnor you crack me up mate

• 187 ochytoon // May 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM

England squad looks good

• 188 Jail for Ashley // May 12, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Turkish,
    I believe there’s truth in that !

• 189 TurkishFan101 // May 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM

welshgeordie9

My mood has gone down in stress ever since the media outlets claiming Pardew staying and ever since the past week or two new users have been joining this blog mostly being pro-pardew and pro-regime.

Its regarded after the mackems got to safety they came out the closet and the pro PDL peeps that keep posting and questioning why fans want Pardew and Ashley out.

How can any fan’s mood be good when we have the Fat cockney in charge and his puppet who bends over every couple of seconds for him.

Not known for 100% if Pardew is staying or not but looks likely untill we hear from the nufc press.

Mike Ashley will need to make a big decision because the outcome will be more fans cancelling season tickets, and more protests that will give his business empire a bad image.

• 190 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 2:35 PM

JfA

You counted? :-)

• 191 ToonDarnSarf // May 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM

stuart no9

Gamble with NUFC’s future? I’d rather make some smart decisions to be honest with you. Look at all the options and get the best person for the job rather than hire KK because of emotions.

• 192 Lilongwe Geordie // May 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Ochytoon,
    I’m not sure good is the right word. It looks interesting and exciting, with more of a view at the next Euro’s then any serious tilt at this tournament. Still, a big positive for me, although would possibly have taken Carroll over Lambert given Lambert will not be involved in 2016 (Or at least very unlikely).

• 193 JAMSHA // May 12, 2014 at 2:44 PM

KK IN PARDEW AN FAT MAN OUT

• 194 JAMSHA // May 12, 2014 at 2:46 PM

VILLA UP FOR SALE ASHELY PLZZZZ GO BUY THEM FOR CHEAP…SELL US U IDIOT

• 195 ochytoon // May 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Lilongwe Geordie
    True, but I disagree with Carroll over Lambert. Lambert is far better at the target man role than Carroll, and I would hope he never represents England again.

• 196 mindshaft // May 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM

England squad looks okay although how smalling or johnson get anywhere near it is beyond me – think we might make 3rd in the group stage or somehow fluke 2nd then get knocked out in last 16

• 197 cestriasteve // May 12, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Magpie, read your Remy Cabella post and personally if he has played his last game then I hope he isn’t coming over here, he isn’t going to add anything to what we already have. I keep saying it but Clement Grenier has got the make up to be a quality EPL attacking midfielder as has Siem de Jong, but Cabella no I’m sorry we should stay away.

I also hope that we don’t get Loic Remy either, he wants the bright lights of London and I’d love to have Bony over him any day.

• 198 toonarmydownsouth // May 12, 2014 at 4:09 PM

TDS
    My views are no more biased than yours there have been many holes in your defence of Ashley
    Also your list, hypothetical or not is just as easy to counter as your points of why someone of Lukaku’s calibre wouldn’t join

It’s all down to opinion, not sure why you feel the need to be a condescending p***k about about it but hey ho

• 199 Ian Toon // May 12, 2014 at 8:33 PM

BandB-it was an all or nothing season. We also won a lot of games and drew very few. I do agree with Pardew’s critics that he doesn’t have a plan B. The Chelsea home game was just perfect as a blue print going forward but we just lost the plan.

Ashley will realise that if he doesn’t invest in offensive players we will be relegated. Pardew seems optimistic that investment on a scale not seen for three seasons will occur but who really knows it could just as easily be all on a whim.
    Answering your random question – Wonga have financed tickets for many fans this season. They have increasingly paid for away tickets noticeably against West Ham and more recently Stoke. I don’t travel on a coach but am in a car pool for away games. You do get to see the same faces at games and in recent away trips there have been a fair few newcomers.
    Jail – I even showed some how to get flags into away grounds( remembering your Everton man on a mission trip, this is for you- you wrap the flag around your body ( if there is a stick take it out) and put your jumper over the top. With your bulk nobody would notice- how is the weight loss programme going? Only joshing as the blog bully would say).

previous post: Newcastle Get £78.8M From Premier League