The 2014 Sunday Times Rich List will soon be published, and it will show there are now 104 Billionaires based in the UK, and their combined wealth is around £301B.
Mike Ashley – wealth increased £1.45B in one year
That’s pocket change. :D.
Top of the list is Sri and Gopi Hinduja, who are worth £11.9B, and that’s up £1.3B from last year- wonder if he wants to buy a football club?
Mike Ashley is at number 23, and he’s now worth around £3.75B, up £1.45B on last year (you could but some players with the money), and that increase is what he was worth when he bought Newcastle in the summer of 2007.
That increase is about 63% over last year. 🙁
Mike is now one place above Virgin Group founder Sir Richard Branson, who is now worth a measly £3.6B, up £86M.
Roman Abramovich the Chelsea owner is 9th on the list at £8.52B, down £780M over the last year – and with the sanctions being taken by the US and Europe against Russia, because of their incursions into Ukraine, Roman’s wealth is likely to keep declining.
There’s no doubt Mike Ashley’s been very successful in his business with Sports Direct – and now we are hoping he may want to become successful – really successful – as a football club owner.
The full Sunday Times Rich List will be published this Sunday and here it is – see if you are on the list:
- Sri and Gopi Hinduja, £11.9bn, up £1.3B
- Alisher Usmanov, £10.65B, down £2.65B
- Lakshmi Mittal and family, £10.25B, up £250M
- Len Blavatnik, £10B, down £1B
- Ernesto and Kirsty Bertarelli, £9.75B, up £2.35B
- John Fredriksen and family, £9.25B, up £450M
- David and Simon Reuben, £9B, up £719M
- Kirsten and Jorn Rausing, £8.8B, up £3.69B
- Roman Abramovich, £8.52B, down £780M
- The Duke of Westminster, £8.5B, up £700M
- Galen, Hilary and George Weston and family, £7.3B, up £650M
- Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken and Michel de Carvalho, £6.36B, down £635M
- Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber and family, £6.16B, up £1.65B
- Carrie and Francois Perrodo and family, £6.14B, new
- German Khan, £6.08B, new
- Sir David and Sir Frederick Barclay, £6B, up £3.65B
- Hans Rausing and family £5.9B, up £1.18B
- Nicky Oppenheimer and family, £4.57B, up £785M
- Earl Cadogan and family, £4.2B, up £525M
- Joseph Lau and family, £4.03B, down £570M
- Sir Philip and Lady Green £3.88B, no change
- Denis O’Brien, £3.85B, up £486M
- Mike Ashley, £3.75B, up £1.45B
- Sir Richard Branson and family, £3.6B, up £86M
- Idan Ofer, £3.43B, new