The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Vote For Your Newcastle Player Of The Season

10:54 am, Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 14 Comments

It’s that time of year again and time to vote for who you think was Newcastle’s best player last season.

nufc emblem

This is the seventh year we’ve held this vote – and it”s one vote per reader.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Liverpool

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Newcastle News · Other News · Poll · Premier League

14 responses so far ↓

• 1 SuperShearer // May 14, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Surely it’s Cabaye. His presence was missed horribly after his departure and we never looked the same again.

• 2 mindshaft // May 14, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Debuchy was by far our best player, always put 100% effort in and is probably our only player who can rightfully say he could fit into one of the top four clubs in europe with ease

• 3 SuperShearer // May 14, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I once met someone on the rich list, asked him if their estimated value of him was close….he smiled, shook his head and said “not even by half, they’re guessing that based on my taxes and what I declare, not the value of everything I have at my disposal” – just saying these rich lists are a guestimate and suspect MA is worth more.

• 4 mindshaft // May 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM

@supershearer – you mean the guy who went on strike, played half a season, cried like a baby and then demanded he be allowed to goto PSG as soon as they came a knocking

• 5 ToonDarnSarf // May 14, 2014 at 11:06 AM

BBC Website

Newcastle announce the signing of Italy international…lock…aaah crap, it’s rugby…

• 6 Jail for Ashley // May 14, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Is there a third choice keeper I can vote for !

• 7 cyprus // May 14, 2014 at 11:07 AM

We never looked the same? In truth, we had some pretty horrendous games with him in the team, we were almost relegated with him. He’s a good excuse for our decline, but, despite his admittedly important goals, he was often a spectator… He’s no Nasri, let’s put it that way. My prediction? PSG will sell him to a lower team in a year or two.

• 8 ToonDarnSarf // May 14, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Cabaye WAS our best player if you ask the question like that…but our best performer? Not after going on strike and then leaving halfway through. Debuchy for me although there are good shouts for Remy and maybe a couple of others too.

• 9 Black and White with an army lol // May 14, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Willo is the best player of the year for Newcastle

• 10 Brutooon // May 14, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Williamson, De Jong and Gouffron just included in the premierleague ineffective X1

I would say Remy, Without him we would be relegated

• 11 Tayls // May 14, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Willo or Remy amongst what we have. Cabaye for contributing the most throughout the season.

• 12 Bleemo // May 14, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Kind of sad that Gouffy only has my vote, 7 goals and 4 assists playing on left wing. Won some important games with his goals and always tries.

I agree with Willo though a no nonsense sort of a fellah and we need a few more of those at this club.

I cannot seem to find a list of the past player of the year awards though. there is a list for about the last ten years on the net but I wanted to see the ones from the 90’s. I know Warren Barton and Darren Peacock both won one which is amazing but would love to see the others.

• 13 North Atlantic Magpie // May 14, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Were was Williamson when we lost 6 straighr matches!?!

• 14 Big pec // May 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Mr Bonus, he scored heavily, gets my vote.

previous post: Ashley Now Worth £3.75B – Up £1.45B In One Year