The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Portuguese International Striker Available To Newcastle

6:53 pm, Tuesday, May 20th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 125 Comments

News today in Turkey that Portuguese International striker Hugo Almeida has failed to agree a new deal with his  Turkish club Besiktas, and will become a free agent at the end of June, and he has admitted he would like to play in the Premier League.

Hugo Almeida

Portuguese International Hugo Almeida is a free agent in the summer

This is what Almeida has said in the Turkish press today:

“The deal they put forward was laughable.” “They should think about the bigger picture, it’s a shame it had to end like this I never wanted to leave these fans.”

“I made great friends here and would have liked to stay however, I couldn’t accept the offer.” “I would be very interested in moving to the Premier League if the right offer came up.”

“I have always wanted to play in England. It is the best league in the world. and the fans are completely crazy about football.”

“I watch a lot of Premier League football and it is the kind of football I like, with lots of crosses and fighting for everything.”

“I would really like to play in England.” And I know Newcastle United are one of the great sides over there.”

Almeida played three years in Germany until 2010 for Werder Bremen, before he joined Besiktas, but one strike against him is that he turns 30 at the end of the month, so if Newcastle stick by their age guidelines, the 6’3″ striker will be too old for the Tyneside club.

And yes – I have to admit I put that last sentence in his comment above – just to keep you awake – sorry about that one. :D

Almeida has played 52 times for Portugal with 17 goals, and this season he scored a decent 13 goals in 31 appearances for Besiktas, and in 88 total appearances in Turkey he’s scored 37 goals.

But he’s probably too old for Newcastle – but what do you think?

125 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // May 20, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Being stuck on hold for 26 minutes before having to deal with a Phillipina robot is too good for Ashley.

• 2 Bleemo // May 20, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Non starter for me, never been that prolific and too old.

• 3 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Jesper, the chances are GT is too busy sniffing the petrol to know how much he is paying for it lol

• 4 Jail for Ashley // May 20, 2014 at 7:01 PM

He’s looking for the right deal, does he know he won’t get that here.

• 5 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 20, 2014 at 7:02 PM

GT…I remember when I was in the States a gallon petrol was something like $2.80 and here in Denmark it’s probably $9 :D lol

We are eco friendly as well (with those prices we have to) we just bicycle along with the Dutch!

• 6 G // May 20, 2014 at 7:02 PM

If memory serves, he didn’t like the physical stuff in Germany, so I can’t see him enjoying it now too much in the Prem.

• 7 scout // May 20, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Haha nice one Ed, needed something to cheer me up

• 8 welshgeordie9 // May 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM

4Jail for Ashley // May 20, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Why are you always negative on here

• 9 scout // May 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Perez looks the boy, was he really in toon?

• 10 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM

He needs one last good pay deal just like Gomis! Lets move on shall we!

• 11 welshgeordie9 // May 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM

and before you start I’m not having a go I’m just asking

• 12 scout // May 20, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Also think diame is a decent player a powerhouse

• 13 scout // May 20, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Personally love jail for ashleys little comments infact I look forward to them.
    the folk in the sugar bowl was a personal favorite of mine

• 14 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 7:08 PM

welsh, in fairness to Jail, what do we have to be positive about ?

• 15 Average_Contents // May 20, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Sliding down a rusty ten foot razor blade with a lake of vinegar at the bottom is too good for Ashley

• 16 Average_Contents // May 20, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Sorry JFA ;)

• 17 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Average, that is far too good for him ?

• 18 welshgeordie9 // May 20, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Spoof

wait and see who we get in, because I won’t be judging until the end of the window

• 19 croftus5678 // May 20, 2014 at 7:14 PM

i’d prefere gomis over this lad tbh think gomis is much more suited to the prem !

i’ll be well well over the moon if its true about perez though as the lad looks amazing and a lot better than what we have atm even though he’s been bought for the dev squad.

cabella on left wing sissoko on right with tiote at dm and maybe abied or an acm and play goofy where he should be played as a striker where he will get his 15 goals a season as the second striker.

• 20 GeordieTwo // May 20, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I like our chances if we transfer to the Women’s League for next season.

• 21 Average_Contents // May 20, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Far too good mate

• 22 GeordieTwo // May 20, 2014 at 7:15 PM

If some of the good women’s teams drop out that is.

• 23 adwend // May 20, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Sorry Walsh But we said that last window and the one before that and the one be…… …….

• 24 GeordieTwo // May 20, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Sing to The Ballad of the Green Berets:
    Put big new moobs on Mikey’s chest
    Make sure he has the biggest breasts
    He’ll be a man again one day
    So have him wear a French Beret
    Have him wear a French Beret

• 25 Nufc-83 // May 20, 2014 at 7:22 PM

I sound like Pardew (or kets) i know but i really think Abied will come back ready for first team football. I was really impressed with him before he went on loan and it sounds like he has developed massively since then. Great range of passing and wicked shot cant wait to see the lad back.

• 26 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 7:22 PM

welsh, same old same old, we have been saying that since Ashley took over and we are still waiting for something positive, how long do we have to wait until the realisation that a man who has said that Cups are not a priority as it may possibly cause relegation as it did with Birmingham and Wigan, which in turn is financially damaging to him, cannot be considered, Newcastle United is a football club, football is a sport, sport means trying to win, we aren’t any of that, we are a business, and no I will not listen to “wait till the summer has ended” I am fed up to the back teeth of waiting with the knowledge that as usual the “we tried but couldn’t get them over the line” routine will come out again, yet your happy with that, sad, very sad, wake up m8.How many times do we have to listen to the same old rubbish before the penny drops, jeez !

• 27 GeordieTwo // May 20, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Now that’s a song to sing with pride welshie mate!

• 28 welshgeordie9 // May 20, 2014 at 7:26 PM

adwend
    May 20, 2014

To be honest last couple of seasons we didn’t have walkout protests or make pardew frightened to come out of his dugout this season we have. So i got a feeling it could be different next season, might be wrong but like i said I’m going to wait until the end of this window

• 29 bobby mango // May 20, 2014 at 7:26 PM

The only reason I gave this any attention was down to that last sentence.
    Another non story.

• 30 GeordieTwo // May 20, 2014 at 7:27 PM

I loves a good fighting man song I do. Aarrgghhhhh!

• 31 Rotonda heights // May 20, 2014 at 7:28 PM

average

I think jail has the patent and copyright.

• 32 Rotonda heights // May 20, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Much rather see what Abeid can do in Cabaye’s old position than spunk 8M on ” grafter” Noble

• 33 GeordieTwo // May 20, 2014 at 7:32 PM

If it wasn’t for the comedy value of watching De Jong try to shoot at goal I probably would have stopped watching this season.

• 34 Rotonda heights // May 20, 2014 at 7:32 PM

i hope perez goes in to the first team squad as the ” development ” squad is the biggest misnomer going. Who have our joke coaches ever developed?

• 35 welshgeordie9 // May 20, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Spoof

i didn’t say i was happy about it, I’m just saying I’m going to wait

• 36 welshgeordie9 // May 20, 2014 at 7:34 PM

GeordieTwo

How about Kung fu fighting

• 37 GeordieTwo // May 20, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Come on Rotonda mate. There was Ranger, and ummmm Xisco, aaaannnd Campbell, aaaaaannnd uhh Amalfitano. Do I really need to go on?

• 38 GeordieTwo // May 20, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Not right now welshie mate. I’m busy blogging.

• 39 jazzyp // May 20, 2014 at 7:40 PM

@MsiDouglas: Further on the Ayoze Perez move. My understanding Charnley met two Spanish agents last month. Perez might not be last from Spain.

• 40 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 7:41 PM

welsh, seriously m8, do you not think that we have waited long enough, if Ashley was going to show any ambition then surely we would have seen at least a glimpse of it by now, we probably will get 1 or 2, enough to keep us up and nothing more, safeguard our premier league status, nothing more, nothing less, like I say, Newcastle United is no longer a club who participates in a sport, all we are is a business with the aim of making money for 1 man only !

• 41 Toonfan8 // May 20, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I have seen this Ayoze Pérez boy and he looks great for his age, he reminds me Luis Suarez. Lassoga reminds me Alan Shearer, so if we can get these two boys at NUFC and also Bafe Gomis, we will have really good strikers…also bring one CB like Caulker or Richards, or both…CM Rodwell,Grenier and wingers Ince,Zaha,Townsend and we can have exciting team and I forgot on Forster, I prefer selling Krul and bring in Forster…imagine that team
    ………………………….Forster…………………..
    Debuchy..Richards…….Caulker….Santon
    …………….Tiote……………..Rodwell…………..
    Townsend……..Sissoko…………….Cabella
    …………………..Lassoga………………………..
    squad players
    gk…Elliot
    df…Willo,MYM,Saylor,Dummet,Haidara,Tavernier
    mf…anita,abeid,bigirimana,r.taylor
    wg..ince,sa.ameobi,gouffran
    sc…Pérez,Gomis,Campbell,Armstrong
    we can also play on two strikers or use pérez as a winger

• 42 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 7:42 PM

jazzyp, he may not be the first either ?

• 43 Toonfan8 // May 20, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Forster 7M,Richards 7M,Caulker 7M,Rodwell 9M,Townsend 8M, Cabella 10M,Lassoga 10M,Ince 3M,Pérez 3M,Gomis free…net spend 64M plus on agents and fees 10M
    selling Cisse,Collocini,Obertan,Marveaux,HBA,Amalfitano,Guttierez,Fergusom,Vu?ki?,Krul….25-30M….
    45M spend and we will have young team with english based players

• 44 GeordieTwo // May 20, 2014 at 7:48 PM

We had better focus on our top targets first lads. That would be Frazier Campbell and Jack Colback. Beautiful. That should take care of the entire transfer budget.

• 45 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Toonfan8, then we wake up and realise that Mike Ashley is still in charge and we are all depressed again.

• 46 Nufc-83 // May 20, 2014 at 7:50 PM

I would also like us to look at Redmond who has played well for Norwich and will be cheap.

• 47 GeordieTwo // May 20, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Dream on Toonfan8. Mike will focus on the important things. His moob job and a good pissup on the yacht. Then a free agent or 2 and a nice loan signing.

• 48 GeordieTwo // May 20, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Off to earn my keep lads.

• 49 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Nufc-83, Ashley wants a team of budgies, if everyone of them isn’t “cheep” then he won’t have them, if they are better than cheap then they will be told to fly away so he can feather his nest.

• 50 santonthenewmaldini // May 20, 2014 at 7:55 PM

If we do sign all these good players then how will Pardew handle it ? He has never been able to properly rotate the squad here in his time to the fact where he plays his favourites and eventually leaves people on the bench no longer interested even when they get a chance because they know even if they play well they will get dropped the second a purple player comes back in

Also how can he be trusted with our youngsters when the only chance they get is the last 5 minutes of a game ?!??!

He really needs to change his stubborn ways this season if we do get a lot of the players we are linked with Cabella will be wasted if we try to go 442 hoofball also needs to get set pieces sorted !

Pardew would have no excuses if we signed :

Gomis
    Lassogga
    Perez
    Townsend
    Shawcross/Caulker
    Shelvey
    Cabella

That would give us a fine balance of strength, hard work , quality on the ball and flair also a few players who can take a set piece !

• 51 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM

santon, its hyperthetical and it always will be as Pardew or any manager for that matter will never have a large enough squad to enforce real competition for places, we had a chance to see how Pardew could have coped with what you’ve asked last season, but when challenging at the top we sold Cabaye without replacing nor strengthening anywhere else, as long as that continues then we will never know how a manager will cope up here with us with a decent squad as we will never have one.

• 52 anthc // May 20, 2014 at 8:05 PM

I’d take a punt on redmond he certainly looks better than zaha and ince. I don’t see what the fuss is about with zaha and ince tbh I dont rate either. Andros townsend had a few games but then struggled to get into an average spurs side. Unfortunately I think I need to be realistic and accept we no longer compete with the big clubs but noble, diame, collback zaha ince just don’t excite me. Solid players but nothing special. Ashley just gets my back up as this club could do and should do so much better. Another mediocre season awaits.

• 53 lesh // May 20, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Speaking of kung fu, many years ago in Japan there he was, young Tojo practising his newly developed form of martial arts, a mix of wrestling and using hands and feet to deliver blows. He hadn’t thought of a name for it yet.

So Tojo’s practising against his shadow when a group of lads arrive on the scene, some of them carrying spears.

Wanting to have some fun, the lads targeted Tojo’s shadow on the door and whoosh, a spear was hurled, then another hitting the target, then another and splatt, Tojo had been hit in the mouth!

‘What kung fu that?’ he screamed…… And there was his newly developed martial art finally named!

• 54 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 8:21 PM

lesh in the USA there is a martial art called Bok Fu, have you any idea as to how that was so named lol

• 55 jazzyp // May 20, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Not a cat in hell’s chance are we going to pay 12 mill for Shawcross when caulker is available for around half that fee.
    Is anybody not worried that we might be relying on our Premiership future with a untried CF line up of Gomis and Lassogga

• 56 Wandering Geordie // May 20, 2014 at 8:28 PM

More tosh about who we may sign.If you remember Charnley and Co said that they would never divulge who they had in mind for fear of other teams making a bid………..So less of the soothsaying and wait.Who knows we might not sign jack.

• 57 welshgeordie9 // May 20, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Ashley won’t pay 12 million for a forward never mind a defender

• 58 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Jazzy, no I’m not overly concerned with the untried as we have at times done okay with Shola and Cisse, yes we have had either Ba or Remy to carry them, but with 2 new lads who I would expect to be better then I am not overly concerned.

• 59 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Wandering, you say we might not sign Jack, is that Colback you are referring too lol, seriously though, at this time of year rumours is all we have to discuss,so unless you become a monk and say nowt at all, what else should we talk about, what harm is there in speculating and saying who you would or would not like to see us sign, so why are you being so aggressive when those who you are being aggressive with are doing no harm at all ?

• 60 jazzyp // May 20, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Spoof
    I personally would prefer to bring back Demba for around 5-6mill then risk it on an untried lad from Europe. If Ba would come back that is !!

• 61 toonarmydownsouth // May 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Pretty funny

• 62 Thump // May 20, 2014 at 8:57 PM

“The deal they put forward was laughable.”

The first thought I had was “What, we’ve already bid for him?”

• 63 JamesToon // May 20, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I’d bring in Forster if krul leaves, Richards, Caulker, move santon to winger, Townsend, Zaha, Lennon if ben arfa goes, Perez, Lacazette, Cabella, promote bigi, aarons, sammy, tavernier

• 64 toonarmydownsouth // May 20, 2014 at 8:59 PM

It’s okay lads, we can feel a bit of relief, Alan Smith has signed for Notts County as a player coach
    Phew!

• 65 Thump // May 20, 2014 at 8:59 PM

@toondownsouth: Wow. Even in a league where only English goals are counted, Sunderland *still* can’t get into Europe.

• 66 Ginger // May 20, 2014 at 8:59 PM

According to football direct news we’ve signed Perez.

Whether to believe it or not is a completely different question.

• 67 Wandering Geordie // May 20, 2014 at 9:00 PM

@spoof …Apologies if sounding agressive.That is not the case.But the speculation that is bandied around is very much like a groundhog day scenario.It does my lobal in

• 68 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 9:01 PM

jazztp, I would love to see Ba come back but it won’t happen, but putting Remy aside as he was only on loan, would I be happy with Lasoggo and Gomis, with Perez behind them, then yes I would, it would be a gamble as none are proven, but when Ba left we only had Cisse and Shola who were proven, proven to be hopeless, and all Remy did was to fill the void left by Ba, Gomis is experienced and has always scored goals, to me he would not be a huge risk, Lasoggo would be more of a risk but he has done well in a tough league as de Jong will testify to, however Cisse done well in that same league and he is poor, different players adapt to different leagues, I like the look of Gomis and Lasoggo so I would be happy with that.

• 69 toonarmydownsouth // May 20, 2014 at 9:03 PM

I have no idea where the praise from Tavernier has suddenly come from?
    The lad is 23 in a few months and has never played above league 1!!
    He always looks decent on loan in league 1, comes back, plays a few games looks woefully out of his depth and goes back on loan to a league 1/2 club
    These are the players along with Vuckic and Fergie etc that need moving on and replacing with some prospects not lads who are past 21 with no real experience or progression

• 70 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Wandering, truth is it does the same to me at times, but what is the harm, and what else is there to squabble about lol

• 71 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 9:04 PM

anyway I’m off, goodnight all

• 72 geordie157 // May 20, 2014 at 9:06 PM

aren’t those two Sunderland lads Colback and Laing over the line yet, its not its far for them to travel.

• 73 cyprus // May 20, 2014 at 9:07 PM

So,
    who’s the poster of the year? What are the criteria? Consistency in posting? Quality? One liners? In depth, reasoned analysis AP would only dream of? I’ve enjoyed a lot of conversations and endured others. This team has had its downs and further downs this year, while this blog has gone on. I’ll cast my vote in a bit… No, you can’t vote for yourself! :)

• 74 Sazzer // May 20, 2014 at 9:07 PM

jazzyp
    You are talking about this piece from the journal right? (See below) I thought you were thinking about Djuricic link at first.

But it looks like we have been scouting in Spain. Fegouli comes to mind from Spain but he doesn’t play in a Madrid-based team.

One could dream they were talking about Ronaldo, Bale, Diego Costa but this isn’t a edited version football manager so no chance.

I would take loan and buy semi-realistic targets like Morata, Jese, Adrian, David Villa, Guilavogui, Alderwiereld from Madrid based teams.

Sarabia, Pedro Leon, Guilavogui, Alderwiereld sounds like the more than semi-realistic if we stick to Madrid based teams. It can of course be players from all teams in Spain.

“Meanwhile, United are ready to turn to Spain to recruit this summer – and will look to progress a deal for Tenerife forward Ayoze Perez. The Journal understands that managing director Charnley met with a Madrid-based agent recently in order to discuss potential La Liga targets for the club, who have been actively scouting matches in the country recently. In addition to those moves a deal for Perez, who would join the club’s development group next season, is understood to be at an advanced stage with second-tier Spanish outfit Tenerife.

• 75 jazzyp // May 20, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Wandering Geordie
    Every transfer window we go through the same Ritual mate on who is…..And who isn’t coming to the toon. for me it gives me hope that maybe one window Ashley might shock us all and do the right thing by Newcastle and bring in some players.
    and with the look of things that is what it looks like he’s doing at last

• 76 G // May 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Isn’t Tavernier on the ‘released’ list? Or did I imagine it?

• 77 Oldgit1 // May 20, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Strewth now I have heard it all, just read Yaya toure agent going on about how his client is upset because someone at the club didn’t wish him happy birthday and is threatening to move him on to another club. Ffs thought players only wanted to play in th CL oh man city is in the CL better come up with another excuse so the agent can come up with another payday. You can’t make it up.

• 78 Big Pappa Cissé // May 20, 2014 at 9:40 PM

@ Oldgit

Very strange indeed . Either its a ploy to get a new contract or the guy just has a massive ego .

Strange as he comes from poverty in the Ivory coast and thought he was more humble . Getting paid 200k a week and whining that your employer’s didn’t wish you a happy birthday is the epitome of a first world problem .

• 79 Oldgit1 // May 20, 2014 at 9:42 PM

@ toonarydownsouth. Some players are late developers look at sir les, and the player that used to play for arsenal, wright. Can’t recall his first name, it’s an age thing lol.

I’m sure there are loads of young players that because they don’t hit the ground running get discarded far to soon.

• 80 Thump // May 20, 2014 at 9:43 PM

@oldgit: Not even that they didn’t wish him a happy birthday, but that they didn’t shake his hand (they did get him a cake, though). Also Roberto Carlos got a Bugatti.

It must be hard at the top.

• 81 Oldgit1 // May 20, 2014 at 9:46 PM

@ big papa cisse thought it was just the agent stirring it but Yayavhas confirmed he is speaking on his behalf. Football in General is just annoying me now esp the agents side.

• 82 Jail for Ashley // May 20, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Just been reading NUFC.com, will Shola get a testimonial, it’s a shame but I couldn’t see more than 20K turning up, maybe he knows this and won’t go for it.

• 83 toonarmydownsouth // May 20, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Oldgit
    I’m sure there are, but having watched Tav on several occasions he still looks sh1te unless he’s playing in league 1 as has Vuckic and Fergie couldn’t get a game for Burmingham reserves
    There’s late bloomers but should we keep every player until 25/26 on the off chance?
    Maybe we should start an U25’s team instead?

• 84 Sazzer // May 20, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Wandering Geordie
    Hang in there. Pezzella will come to replace Colo.

• 85 Oldgit1 // May 20, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Thump when I was working the company didn’t wish me a happy birthday didn’t expect it. Who would be a footballer. If he was a newcastle player he wouldn’t have got a card from Ashley. The tight git.

• 86 G // May 20, 2014 at 9:52 PM

@82, I would attend just for the important goals in Euro games, the goals against the mackems, and the fact that he fired us straight back from the champo. Love him or hate him, he’s been a good servant to the club. Every manager we have had, including Bobby has rated him, and the only one that didn’t was Souness, who I personally rate as the worst ever Newcastle manager.

• 87 Jail for Ashley // May 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Have more teams won the cup and been relegated than players who couldn;t make league one benches and made it in the Prem.

• 88 Jail for Ashley // May 20, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Oldgit,
    He’d have been docked his day off.

• 89 Sazzer // May 20, 2014 at 9:54 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    24 year old Amalfitano was brought in to be a star in that non-existing U-25 team.

• 90 Big Pappa Cissé // May 20, 2014 at 9:54 PM

@ Oldgit

Well then I have lost a lot of respect for him as a man even though he is a fantastic player.

Yeah the game has changed and only seems to be about the money these days as with most things in life . I also remember reading the City players were getting their luxury cars warmed up for them before they left the training ground FFS .

And here’s me grafting my ar5e off as a mechanic in the freezing cold with our heater broken and doors opening every 5 minutes . Some footballers don’t realise how lucky they are .

• 91 Jail for Ashley // May 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Sazzer,
    Carr recommended the other Alfalmalaltino, but Dekka saw there was a cheaper one and hey presto, just like a pair of Nike or Hi Tech trainers, they both fit your feet and don’t look out of place in a gym.

• 92 toonarmydownsouth // May 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM

JFA
    I’d happily go
    Shola has been a loyal servant to the club and been involved in some massive games for us and played an important role over the years and deserves a proper send off

Sazzer
    Aye and what a star he’s been!

• 93 Jail for Ashley // May 20, 2014 at 9:59 PM

BPC,
    I think they all realise how lucky they are but don’t give a fcuk.

• 94 Oldgit1 // May 20, 2014 at 10:01 PM

@ toonarmydownsouth I agree we shouldn’t keep all of the young uns but there are people at the club better placed than me to see if there is potential ie Dummet as an example .

Instead of under 25s perhaps they could play in the B team that may be introduced soon. Their wages can’t be that high so wouldn’t it be better to persevere with say three and if only one makes it,it’s got to be good news.

• 95 toonarmydownsouth // May 20, 2014 at 10:01 PM

BPC
    Bet you got a birthday cake though
    Have some bloody sympathy you selfish git ;)

• 96 Jail for Ashley // May 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM

tads,
    They should have a pre season friendly for him and 52K turn up, then let them know what we think first home game of the season if we don’t see some w@nga spent.

• 97 Big Pappa Cissé // May 20, 2014 at 10:05 PM

@ tads

Still waiting on the 10 car garage consisting of Aston Martin’s and Lamborghini’s with the mansion to accompany it though ;) .

• 98 toonarmydownsouth // May 20, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Oldgit
    Maybe but that league won’t really help out players like Tav who in all honesty seem to have missed the boat

Dummett for me has had successful loan spells, Tavs have been all over the place bouncing between league one and two
    Not saying it’s his fault, the club should be pushing for a better level for these lads to play at
    Was surprised to see Newton released as he’s had a decent season but hopefully lads like Abied can push on next season

But for me Tav Fergie and Vuckic are in the strange situation where they were the new generation but haven’t pushed on and there now in limbo between the seniors and the youths!

• 99 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Talking about birthdays its mine today, and guess what, my wife forgot, yet Toure is upset because his employers forgot, jeez what has the world come to, my own mother didn’t bother, all I got was a phone call from my mother in law who sang happy birthday over the phone when I picked the phone up, bless her she’s lovely.

• 100 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 10:22 PM

hint, hint hint, happy birthday Spoof, ye na, come on ? lol

• 101 Graeme // May 20, 2014 at 10:23 PM

TADS – that is a frightening table mate; we were grim, whichever set of stats are used lol

• 102 Graeme // May 20, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Happy Birthday Spoof – how many candles do we need for your cake??

• 103 toonarmydownsouth // May 20, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Spoof
    Happy birthday lad

• 104 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE // May 20, 2014 at 10:35 PM

b+w at 46 on previous thread , just read your comments having watched gomis 8 times and believe he was offside twice unless he was offside a lot in the other 26 games some as sub i find it hard to believe he was leading offside in europe . please supply where you got your statists from or are you just making it up.

• 105 toonarmydownsouth // May 20, 2014 at 10:39 PM

PTBAG
    Nope he wasn’t making it up, he was in the top 3 for offsides in Europe

• 106 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 10:41 PM

tads, the reality is they just weren’t good enough, we had high hopes for Adam Campbell but in a league as poor as Scotlands he has really struggled, looking good at youth level is one thing, carrying it on at senior level is a whole new ball game, we constantly here about the kids being Pardewed, under KK we had Clark, Howey and Watson, who KK had f all to do with as they were presented to him, he did not develope them, what have we has since, very little, the North East just like Scotland are no longer producing the kids as we used too, we have now got to accept that and move on, yes it would be great if we could get more Bobby Charltons, Peter Beardsley’s and Alan Shearers, we used to do that for fun, but not now, we are rather barren, would Bobby Charlton have been discovered if he was stuck in his bedroom playing nintendo, WII or whatever games get played.

• 107 NEoffers.co.uk // May 20, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Big American Breakfast FOR TWO – Only £8 (usually £17.02)

Based at arguably Jesmond’s best cafe.

• 108 Sazzer // May 20, 2014 at 10:43 PM

The Sauce says West Ham will approach Gomis.

• 109 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Graeme/tads, cheers lads, I’m glad someone cares, as for the candles, well sorry but I can’t divulge that information, but I will give you a big clue, its more than forty seven, but less than forty nine.

• 110 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Sazzer, which sauce is saying that West Ham will approach Gomis, is it Heinz or a tatty own made brand, this may sound trivial, but we all desperately need a reliable “sauce” don’t we, and Heinz are reliable !

• 111 Graeme // May 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Spoof – there was no need to make it complicated mate lol

• 112 Spoof // May 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Graeme, what are you on about, any numskull would realise that I am 21 again, dear me, what is wrong with you ? lol

• 113 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Can I have some fancy Gijon Ketchup ;)

• 114 Graeme // May 20, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Spoof, been there, done that AND got the T shirt and the scars to prove it mate lol. 21? You’re brains addled mate, its obviously 39 lol

• 115 Sazzer // May 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Twitter says Kroos to Man U. Interesting. I guess Bayern have have something better line up.

• 116 toonarmydownsouth // May 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Sazzer
    The sauce is also saying WHU are set to pip us to Lasogga

• 117 BuckLuck // May 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Who can blame him when he has to follow a man like Pardew.

• 118 Graeme // May 20, 2014 at 11:14 PM

BuckLuck – if that is even remotely true, what a dire inictment of our ambition and mediocrity. Sissoko is a great player, before he was P45DUE’d continually played out of position, followed by our “Ambitions” being clearly identified!!!!

• 119 Graeme // May 20, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Indictment, sorry

• 120 Macas // May 20, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Sissoko is above average and has his moments but is nothing special.
    In my opinion he’s better on the wing as he just isn’t consistent enough to play in the middle.

• 121 BuckLuck // May 20, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Sissoko has potential. The problem is what he learns(or what he doesn’t learn) at the training ground. A good manager would make him into a really good midfielder, not an average winger.

Pardew has a strange habit of finding things our players shouldn’t do instead of letting them evolve their whole game. It’s a shame!

• 122 Sazzer // May 20, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Spoof, the Sauce is a twitter account that had us link with Ayoze yesterday hours before everyone else. I don’t know how but the seem to be nice source for early news on Newcastle.

I’m not sure if they have some insight or are just have elaborate twitter set up and the ability to cut out most of the bullshit.

Check them out

Soccer Sauce ?@soccer_sauce
    Lots of #NUFC fans asking us about Kenwyne Jones.As far as we understand-there is absolutely no interest in the player from the club

They don’t do bullshit links and world exclusives.

A few cliff hangers.

• 123 BuckLuck // May 20, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Graeme

It’s not a good sign.
    In Ashley we have an owner that wants us to make money from bringing up talents.
    In Carr we have a great scout that finds raw talents.
    In Pardew we have a manager that can’t train talents.

The model is totally off with Pardew as manager. He really is the weakest link.

• 124 Sazzer // May 20, 2014 at 11:40 PM

South
    You gotta love the Sauce. But the Sauce said no such thing but other sources do.

The Sauce said we had bid on Lasogga though but I read an article about it today that said there had been no bid from on Lasogga so far. So sadly I’m might have to give up on the Sauce already.

West Ham spending big on Lasogga and we get Gomis for free. Oh Ashley Oh Ashley

• 125 Brutooon // May 20, 2014 at 11:58 PM

he is 10 times better than shola ameobi

previous post: Is This Top Free Agent Really Too Old For Newcastle?

next post: Moussa Sissoko Agent Hints He’s Ready To Leave Newcastle