Jack Colback Decision Soon – Newcastle Could Miss Out

Sunderland’s Jack Colback has been attracting a lot of interest from Premier League clubs this year, and now it seems that Swansea are interested in signing the free agent this summer.

jack colback sunderland

Jack Colback – decision soon

Jack will have to make a decision on which club he will join within the next couple of days, and he could still stay at Sunderland, since the Wearside club are keen to keep him, and have recently offered him a new deal.

The Shields Gazette is reporting the new Sunderland offer is much improved from previous ones, and seems to meet the demands he has been making this year.

It was difficult for Sunderland before the end of the season to offer Jack good terms, because they didn’t know if they’d still be in the Premier League, but with their successful fight against relegation, they now know where they stand financially.

West Ham have also made a big move for the Englishman recently, and they could well be in the driver’s seat, and in addition to Newcastle, Sunderland, Swansea and West Ham – other clubs interested include Everton and Hull City.

Hull’s Geordie manager Steve Bruce knows all about Jack because of his time as Sunderland manager, and he sees him as a good signing for the FA Cup runners-up, who will be in the Europa League next season, and will need a bigger squad.

We should know who Colback has chosen before the end of the week, but don’t be surprised if Newcastle lose out in the race to sign the Killingworth-born player, which would be a pity.

• the truth will out

May 22, 2014 at 9:53 AM

we are only a money making machine not a charity

• Ben3arfa

May 22, 2014 at 9:53 AM

who cares if we miss out on this ginger mackem ..

• hibbit

May 22, 2014 at 9:56 AM

all ready had talks with everton

• Barras

May 22, 2014 at 9:56 AM

@Geremi:

Pardew: “I have to face the criticism that has come my way – the fans are not happy – and try to deliver a product that will make them happy.

“The most important thing is that you have a responsibility at Newcastle to play the game on the floor, play with passion and speed and play with an integrity.

“Those principles, I stand by and next year, I expect to deliver on those.”

“It’s a tough game for us because at home, they (Liverpool) have been awesome. They have got real pace in the team and in the modern game, that kills you.

“You look at Bayern Munich – it’s real pace everywhere. Real Madrid – the top teams, you have got to have that pace.

“It’s something that as a manager, you long for and hopefully, we can improve a little bit on in our team.”

It would seem, the club has made a similar decision as West Ham – keep the manager but play more attacking football. With the right players, we may be able to do it next year. But, would I rather Frank de Boer or Michael Laudrup teaching our players to work in this new system? Absolutely.

• Barras

May 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM

If it is true that we aim to sign at least Cabella, Colback, and Perez before the World Cup then Pardew’s verbal aims may be actualized. Cabella = quick, skilful, and keeps the ball on the floor. Colback = keeps the ball on the floor usually. Perez = looks quick and skilful, but I don’t know much about him.

• Spoof

May 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM

being a local lad Colback will know that the club is in a right mess, Shola another local lad who has spent all his career here has turned his back on us by refusing to sign a new contract, he may not be missed on the pitch, but it’s the principal, things have got to be really bad for local lads to prefer to go to somewhere like Hull rather than stay where he has been for all his career, we are in a right mess, what a shambolic club we are, get that hideous owner out and get him as far away as possible, he makes my skin crawl.

• Slank

May 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Cyprus,

If you are watching. Mike Ashley was in Tala last week drinking in my local bar but I wasn’t there for once!

• Toon-Prodigy

May 22, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Hasn’t young campbell, Richardson, Ameobi, Armstrong, Tavs all progressed and been promoted to the first team for their good efforts at the club during spells in the past few years?

I like this about Pardew. He rewards the youngsters and isn’t aftaid to field them.

And don’t even mention about Campbell being played out of position, that would of did that lad the world of good and give him the incentive to push on and keep his head down and work hard. That’s all it’s meant to do at this point in his development.

Ben Arfa has played amazing in spells his consistency is the problem not Pardew either.

There is no such word as Pardewed.

Players have bad spells. Every single player people have said has been Pardewed has also had runs where their form has been excellent. We have struggled with consistency this past two years because our squad is not big enough once we are ridden with injuries and we keep on losing our top players without replacing them at the same time.

• the truth will out

May 22, 2014 at 10:09 AM

aye i bet you would be chuffed running about for 2-3 mins

• the truth will out

May 22, 2014 at 10:12 AM

i would love him to prove us wrong but he cant .he is a useless waste of space

• the truth will out

May 22, 2014 at 10:13 AM

not a penny while this lot are in charge

• the truth will out

May 22, 2014 at 10:18 AM

yes and players having bad spells should not be in the team week in week out. pardew adds to the problem

• Barras

May 22, 2014 at 10:18 AM

100%: ‘Not a penny while this lot are in charge’. Unless, performances drastically improve and we stop being a selling club.

• Spoof

May 22, 2014 at 10:19 AM

TP, you argue that being Pardewed actually means playing your best ever football, after all Ba and Cabaye certainly played their best under Pardew and are now struggling big time, and whatever has happened to Danny Guthrie, when being Pardewed it was thought by many that with good handling and coaching he could force his way into the England squad, are Perch and Simpson setting the world on fire, I believe not, could you possibly answer me this question, apart from Forster who plays in a side who is much greater than any opponents, which player(s) have left Newcastle under Pardew’s time here to then progress and fulfil the potential which Pardew was allegedly holding back?

• the truth will out

May 22, 2014 at 10:21 AM

if we dont improve no one will buy the players or they will be worth rock bottom prices
    greedy fat git

• the truth will out

May 22, 2014 at 10:23 AM

even the tea lady has been pardewed she cant get greys monument in the teapot

• Spoof

May 22, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I assume that she must make a better cuppa now ?

• beermonkey

May 22, 2014 at 10:27 AM

spoof has shola actually turned down an offer from us
    even if he has it might be something simple as he wants more games

• Spoof

May 22, 2014 at 10:34 AM

beermonkey, not 100% certain (but it was in the nationals, which I accept is not a guarantee) that he has but if seems that he wants out, more games, in fairness he has only ever been a bit part player so to suddenly want to be a regular at this stage of his career would be a bit odd, it could be but he did have a go at the club earlier this year, to me he appears to have just had enough of the club and wants to wash his hands of us, and I can’t blame him.

• Toon-Prodigy

May 22, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Zero players Spoof, Zero.

What about Pardews decision in loaning the youngins out also and the timing of it?

Abeid, Campbell, Good, Newton, Tavs,

They have all progressed and gained huge experience.

Newton scored the winner in the Scottish cup final.

Good got to Wembley.

Tavs has just seen Rotherham get to wembley for the semi’s.

Abeid has just won the Greek League and had an excellent season.

The credit has got to be given for the development of players and the decisions being made to let these lads out on loan.

• beermonkey

May 22, 2014 at 10:36 AM

spoof

I would say Enrique has gotten better at Liverpool under rogers
    shame he has been injured so much this season

• Graeme

May 22, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Spoof @ 5 – who would you sooner play for? Steve Bruce and Hull who appear to want to play a decent game, try and win things and go for the cup games?
    Or P45DUE who wants to play a 10 man defence, attack on the break, home & away. Where the passion has been crushed by an uninterested owner and a fairly mediocre Manager assisted by out of date coaches?

I can fully understand why even Shola has had enough.

• Toon-Prodigy

May 22, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I was devastated when enrique left. He was one of our best players.

He took a while to replace aswell didn’t he?

• Spoof

May 22, 2014 at 10:42 AM

TP

your first line says it all m8, he does have his faults but this blatant lie is annoying, it is the complete opposite, players suffer when Pardew is not their manager, the facts prove that, when they leave they never improve and only ever get worse, Pardew is obviously getting more out of them than what other managers can get, apart from Cisse I don’t see anyone going backwards, and as for Cisse then perhaps it is just a case of the wrong club for him, as it was for Veron at Man U when he was under Fergie, it happens.

• GEORDIE69

May 22, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Newcastle could miss out, finally some good news!

• beermonkey

May 22, 2014 at 10:48 AM

spoof

I thought pards had mentioned shola joining the coaching staff
    I have to say I wouldn’t mind I would like to have seen harper do the same,

but your not wrong if he is choosing to leave there is something wrong very wrong for him to want to leave

• thai-mag

May 22, 2014 at 10:50 AM

that’s Colback and Gomis not coming then, both want to much money

• Spoof

May 22, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Graeme, that’s a difficult one m8, for many reasons, first of all I accept that Pardew has his faults and I did want him sacked as I believe that he has lost the dressing room, but what I will not do is slag him off and invent issues which just aren’t there.

When discussing possible replacements I did have Steve Bruce as being top of my list

I detest the owner and really wish he was long gone for killing the passion and the desire within this club, read post number 5.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that this Pardewed term is simply just wrong, read post number 13, can you tell me in all honesty if any of that is wrong, it isn’t wrong it is 100% correct, the facts speak for themselves.

• Toon-Prodigy

May 22, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Spoof,

It’s a complete myth, a word devised only to point the blame at one mans feet. To fullfil ones own agenda and hatred.

For me, its a problem with consistency. The consistency problems stem from a poor squad depth and lack of quality throughout overall. There is no depth. Once 2-3 injuries occur to key players you can see the confidence drain away from the team. We fold when we dont have those key players starting, it’s been like that for 2 years now. Up and down once injuries occur.

Bedtime for me. On the nightshift!

Catch yas all later. Enjoy.

• beermonkey

May 22, 2014 at 10:55 AM

TP

santon looked very capable when he arrived and his potential was there
    his second season though has been a disaster maybe having a baby and that he has lost a bit of focus,
    but why on earth pardew kept playing him I have no idea it doesn’t take long for fans to get on the players back when there playing poorly and we had hadiara and dummett sat there
    best thing pardew could have is take him out the firing line put an arm round him talk to him,

• mindshaft

May 22, 2014 at 10:57 AM

To be honest, I wouldn’t be that bothered if we miss out on him.

Repost…
    I’m getting fed up of people saying players aren’t improving, maybe our players just aren’t as good as we think they are and there is no room for improvement as they’ve hit their level!
    Sadly HBA reminds me of that guy who used to be at Spurs / QPR who had a lot of skill but ultimately couldn’t play a team game and was constantly moved on / dropped ( think he’s at Milan now )
    I think Pards would play HBA a lot more but the players themselves don’t like playing with him
    Tiote basically refuses to pass to him !

• Spoof

May 22, 2014 at 10:57 AM

beermonkey, if I am right then that really is frightening, the likes of Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko and Tiote way want to go to try and prove themselves on a bigger stage, that I can understand, but for Shola to turn his back then that is a worry as it would be like one of us turning our backs and disowning the club, we can’t as fans do that but Shola may have, for that to happen then to me there has got to be something behind the scenes which we don’t know about, this doesn’t add up with Shola, it may just be my suspicious mind, but it is a concern.

• Toonfan8

May 22, 2014 at 11:02 AM

maybee Shola himself know, he isnt going get much playing time if we can sign two or three strikers…he is already behind Cisse and Gouffran…and if we can get Gomis, Pérez,Lassoga….

• mindshaft

May 22, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Has Shola actually been offered a new contract?

• Rotonda heights

May 22, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Prodigy

”would of did”. Sorry I don’t understand that grammar.

Who has made it out of Campbell, Richardson, Ameobi, Armstrong, Tavs?

You’re contradicting yourself if those players have done well on loan, but have never shone under Pardew.

Why did he play Gosling and Shola instead of Armstrong in meaningless end of season matches.

Being ”Pardewed”- here are just a few instances thereof:-

1) Cisse a once lethal striker converted to a right winger
    2) Gouffran a half decent striker converted to a defensive left mid
    3) MYM a CB converted to a RB
    4) Sissoko a powerful box to box CM converted to a right wing back
    5) Ben Arfa asked to track back more than create
    6) His own choice Obertan shunned rather than improved, developed or worked with
    7) Marveaux shunned rather than improved, developed or worked with.
    8) Abeid won’t get a game under Pardew.

and so on and so on. Go through Pardew’s entire history.

• Spoof

May 22, 2014 at 11:06 AM

mindshaft

I would be bothered as I think he is a decent little player, is he good enough to replace Cabaye as a permanent replacement, no I don’t think he is, but as I have said in the past we really struggle when we lose 1 or 2 players, look at what happened after Christmas when we lost 1 or 2, if we had someone like Colback to come in and do what Danny Guthrie did when we came 5th then that would be great, however without decent back up we just fold because the back up is Championship level at best, Guthrie has been a huge miss, Colback could be of his like as he could cover for whoever replaces Cabaye and also cover for Sissoko and Tiote.

• beermonkey

May 22, 2014 at 11:13 AM

spoof

I do think there is something wrong I don’t think our coaching is up to scratch
    maybe pards has lost the dressing room
    there is so much negativity surrounding the club
    I think I would be a little more concerned if Sammy was making noises about leaving so maybe its not as bad and its something simple for shola to wanna go

the main problem for us fans is no1 ever comes out and says why they want out I get why they don’t but its darn frustrating for us

I know pards said shola will get his testimonial being at the club for so long will be interesting to see who comes and plays

• the truth will out

May 22, 2014 at 11:14 AM

• geordie157

May 22, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I actually would like us to get colback, good consistent player who gives his all. Easily an upgrade on gosling and more competitive than Anita.

• SuperShearer

May 22, 2014 at 11:17 AM

@Rotonda – Yes some of those players have gone backwards but you’re ignoring the ones that have gone forwards under THE CLUB not Pardew. I doubt AP is bringing the best out of them but Cabs, Ba, Colo Debuchy, Sissoko Williamson, have all improved in the league while with us. Some of them, Cabs and Ba have gone on to make big moves to big clubs.

The point being made is that to state every player we’re linked with “Shouldn’t come here” is surly anti Newcastle? Why would you want to dissuade a potentially talented player joining our club? In case Pardew isn’t able to get the best from them? Seems like backwards thinking to me mate. Frankly the way some of you talk if Messi expressed and interest in joining us you’d be telling him not to bother… true fans would be welcoming such talent with open arms.