The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Bad News For Newcastle As Star Striker Stays Put

7:54 am, Friday, May 23rd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

It looks like a dream return to Newcastle United is not going to happen, and just when we thought that could be the case it appears that Demba has been asked to stay at Chelsea by manager Jose Mourinho.

demba ba scores

Demba Ba at Chelsea – he’s staying put

There was news circulating yesterday that Newcastle had offered Ba an offer to return to Newcastle, since it seemed certain that he would be leaving Chelsea, but in an interview with the Sun he has quashed those rumors.

This is what Demba Ba has said:

“Jose Mourinho has asked me to stay next season and he assured me my situation would change.” “I see this as my reward from God. I want to play a lot of matches and I think that will be the case for me.”

We even thought the news could be true because the report yesterday was in Football Direct News, which is owned by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, but it seems with Ba’s improved form and goals towards the end of the season, Jose Mourinho has been convinced of the striker’s worth.

Newcastle will have Loic Remy, Luuk de Jong and Shola Ameobi all leaving the club this summer, so striker ia a position we have to fill with at least two very good strikers.

It looks now that one of them will definitely not be Demba Ba, and that’s a pity.

Ba would have been great back at Newcastle next season.

In 58 games for Newcastle, Demba Ba scored 29 goals, and at Chelsea over the last eighteen months the Senegal International has scored 14 goals in 51 total appearances.

What do you think?

Tags: Contracts · Demba Ba · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

9 responses so far ↓

• 1 spitfire_ // May 23, 2014 at 8:01 AM

“I see this as my reward from God”

**** me… there is enough morons at our club. Don’t need another one.

• 2 BuckLuck // May 23, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Can’t see him being used on a regular basis in Chelsea.
    You’ve been punked kid!

He’s good and he would ship in with some goals, but he plays for him self. He didn’t show a lot of loyalty last time he was with us.

I’m perfectly fine with Ba staying at Chelsea.

• 3 Dingo†® // May 23, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Sacré Bleu… didn’t see that one coming

• 4 AusMagpie // May 23, 2014 at 8:09 AM

He bailed on us so we’d be foolish to go after him. Don’t like the bloke so I’m happy.

Hernandez is apparently available for 10m, he’s one I’d go for.

• 5 thejokethatisnufc // May 23, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Good news Ed, He’s an unloyal selfish pr1ck.

• 6 Rotonda heights // May 23, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Jimmysmith

Are people really going to dine out on Pardew’s one and only top 6th finish in a near 20 year managerial career forever?

Roeder got us Europe one year!

Yes Pardew had one good season where Ba, Benny (when finally selected) and Cisse scored individual wonder goals and we got a fair few reffing decisions.

This season no manager should perform that badly over just one player going, while also opting to break up the Willo / MYM partnership and play Gosling and Shola ahead of Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Bigirimana, Armstrong, Jonas, even Obertan etc.

The last 2 premiership seasons taken as a whole we have lost 38 games, ie a whole season!

Pardew had his moment, fair play to him but clearly he can’t take us to the next level as the last 2 disastrous seasons have shown and with no Europa or domestic cup involvement to use as an excuse this time.

Our key players weren’t and aren’t enamoured with Pardew’s tactics and Ginola has it absolutely spot on.

• 7 musomag // May 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Well that’s the first bullsh#t transfer saga over with, let the rumour floodgates open…..

Sell, sell, sell as usual and the only buys are BYE BYES

• 8 toonluvva // May 23, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Didn’t really want to see Ba back at NUFC. Hopefully we will see the hunt stepped up for another striker(s) now.

• 9 Whumpie // May 23, 2014 at 11:49 PM

He’s to old anyway. Move on…

previous post: Ginola – Newcastle Deserve Better Than Pardew