Michael Chopra Issues Threats Online To Ashley Williams

Not sure what this is all about but Michael Chopra, the former Newcastle-born Newcastle United striker, has issued online threats to Swansea City center-back Ashley Williams, via his Twitter account.

micxhael chopra

Michael Chopra – while at Blackpool last season

And as a reaction to the threats issued on Saturday, Swansea captain Ashley Williams closed down his Twitter account, so Michael then switched to former Newcastle winger Wayne Routledge, to try to get his message through to Williams.

These are two tweets Michael sent out, this first one on Friday:

“dm me ur number need to speak to u u no wat it’s about.”

And on Saturday he sent this one out:

“listen if u dont get in touch it;s all coming out iv got the texts and pics.”

And when Ashley Williams closed his account Chopra tweeted this to for Newcastle and now Swansea winger Wayne Routledge

“tell ur pal to get in touch with me ashley the f**king mug.”

Michael recently ended his one year deal at Blackpool,  where he played only seven times last season, and his contact has not been renewed.

In the previous two seasons he had done fairly well at Ipswich Town, where he played a total of 81 times with 19 goals, and he now becomes a free agent at 30 years old.

Michael has since deleted those tweets from his Twitter account, and we have no idea what he was referring to, but it’s not good to issue threats online to people via the social media.

Michael played 28 times for Newcastle with 3 goals before joining Cardiff City back in 2006. and he has since also played at Sunderland, Ipswich and Blackpool.

• AusMagpie

May 26, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Eager to know what this is about

• sweendog

May 26, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Txts and pics .. Sounds like the usual footballer stuff with wimmin .. Chopra is a numpty though

• beermonkey

May 26, 2014 at 10:25 AM

lol has Williams been banging his bird hahahaha
    maybe he lost her in a bet and forgot

• catchy in norway

May 26, 2014 at 10:26 AM

jazzy

I thought it was the other way mate,, I thought ba was coming out and saying he had to be played through the middle or he would have to revaluate his options with the club ( trough his agent OC)

sweendog

it will only ever work when pardew is gone, ataacking coach would be great , but its pardews defensive style that is the problem, his subs,

no new coaches can help him with them things

• Sliema

May 26, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Proper local lad. 😛

• Graeme

May 26, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Hell, but it must be a very slow news day, if this is the best we have to talk about.

• Rotonda heights

May 26, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Really worried that with pardew’s belief and faith in an aging Colo and flat footed Willo, that pushing MYM out the door is going to leave us with zero pace and trying to play offside. Not so much a problem playing 3 at the back I guess.

Re-Chopra typical footballer, not the brightest!

• toonarmydownsouth

May 26, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Fook me Chopra’s packed it on!!
    Must of been spending all his pay day loans straight down at Blackpool pier on the fresh doughnuts!

• beermonkey

May 26, 2014 at 11:10 AM

RH

just as important as strikers are a decent commanding centre back is a must just look at the goals we ship

its time given his age and pace that colo plays more of a gigs role plays once twice a month and as a sub when needed,
    I wouldn’t want to get rid he does have a calming effect around the back 4 but its time we reduced our reliance upon him

• catchy in norway

May 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM

beermonkey

spot on

I often sit and wonder after matches how are no of passes are so high when we do not pass it forward,

we run forward with the ball, we rarely pass it, we shoot rather than pass

we pass it sideways and backwards, them lump it long

• AusMagpie

May 26, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Watching Australia vs South Africa friendly and they’ve just said Curtis Good is set to miss the World Cup with a damaged hip flexor. Absolutely shattered for the lad

• Shot Bru

May 26, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I am at the Aus/South Africa in Sydney at the moment…if we are looking for a quality playmaker.. We should get hold of Thulani Serrero of Ajax.. I will have a word with him later and see what his plans are!

• Shot Bru

May 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Aus mag..what do you think of Serrero the no 10?

• AusMagpie

May 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Shot bru,
    Seems pretty sharp but I’m not sure he’s what we need

• beermonkey

May 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM

catchy

half the trouble is there is no1 to pass it to as there all behind the ball

I am no defender of benny but a lot of times he runs into blind allys and loses the ball as there is no1 there with him to help him not all the time and he can still be selfish but its not helpful but its not just him it happens to
    9 times out of 10 when sissoko or debuchy cross into the box there is only 1 person in there the players now this, this is why at times we end up really narrow and have adopted this shoot on sight no point in crossing no1 ever in the box I will shoot rather than lose the ball

• Jail for Ashley

May 26, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Shot Bru,
    Is it at Homebush ?

• catchy in norway

May 26, 2014 at 11:31 AM

beermonkey¨

its all about coaching 🙁

sadly some will never ever see this as a problem

• Shot Bru

May 26, 2014 at 11:32 AM

JFA..it is mate

• AusMagpie

May 26, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I really hope we (Australia) take this quality style of play to Brazil. I think if we do we could really give it a good go… shame our group is Spain, Netherlands and Chile

• beermonkey

May 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I don’t blame the players never have done

the problem is if they don’t do as pardew wants they wont get played
    you can play dire offer nothing but as long as you do as instructed you will keep your spot in the team

and thing wont get any better as we don’t function as team anymore

• Jail for Ashley

May 26, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Bru?Aus Mag,
    I was at the MCG for the Aus -Uraguay game in 2002, fantastic night out.

• Ancientcoptic

May 26, 2014 at 11:53 AM

“Michael Chopra Issues Threats Online ”

His Tweets are not exactly what I would call ‘threats,’ unless there are more that did not appear in this article.

• AusMagpie

May 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Indian

I was only 9 in 2002 but glad you enjoyed Melbourne! It’s an awesome city.

• Jail for Ashley

May 26, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Aus,
    I’m not Indian !

• AusMagpie

May 26, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Jail
    I’m sorry mate I had just been reading one of his posts on another article haha

• Shot Bru

May 26, 2014 at 12:39 PM

JFA…Melbourne is one of the worlds greatest sporting cities with knowledgeable fans…

Ausmag…work in progress at least Ange is building for the future..no hope in the group of death!!!

Right I’m off to meet the players and persuade Serero to sign for the Toon 😉

• Belfast

May 26, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I can see an appearance on the Jeremy Kyle show for Chopra soon

• Belfast

May 26, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I wonder why the chronicle have re hashed an old interview with Brendan Rodgers from a few weeks ago about Pardew ?

Must be a slow news day

• Jail for Ashley

May 26, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Belfast,
    Have you been upsetting juvenile geordie9, I mean welsh geordie9.

• Belfast

May 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Oh god no. Has he returned then Jail ?

• Belfast

May 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I clicked on he was troll ages ago, and suspected he was behind many accounts on here.

I don’t think he liked that tbh

• Average_Contents

May 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Admitting the players were affected once we sold cabs!

• Belfast

May 26, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Just seen he was on here last night.

elpaso_geordie could be his next adventure by the looks of it.

• Average_Contents

May 26, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Belfast/Jfa

Another “new poster” called elpaso (I think) popped on lastnight having a dig at G2 just after Welsh had commented his usual tripe (I see everyone’s in a good mood ha ha ha)

I pointed out that multiple posters are a desperate bunch and need a life, low and behold Welsh answered asking if I was accusing the “new poster”

Tit

• Belfast

May 26, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Yeah just noticed that mate lol

If you want to avoid him and his many accounts, it’s best to come on during the day.

• Average_Contents

May 26, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Good advice but I tend to come on later on anyways as I work permanent nights

• toonarmydownsouth

May 26, 2014 at 1:35 PM

@DeadlineDayLive: DONE DEAL: Croatian wonderkid Alen Halilovi? has completed his move to Barcelona from Zagreb for a £1.8m initial fee. (Source: Barça TV)

Bargain

• toonarmydownsouth

May 26, 2014 at 2:20 PM

@TransferSources: Everton could be in the Champions League next season due to Ukrainian teams who may be sanctioned for Match fixing. United could go Europe.

• Average_Contents

May 26, 2014 at 2:20 PM

8m Fcukoff! Whoever made that price up is clearly deluded considering their right back is worth 25m! More bullshit me thinks! And if Liverpool have been running the rule over him they can Fcukoff too!

• welshgeordie9

May 26, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Jesus I’m popular on here today aren’t i

i see Belfast, Jail for Ashley and Average_Contents bitching like school girls