Alan Pardew Statement On Loic Remy

After reports in France this morning that Alan Pardew went along with Loic Remy and agreed he didn’t have to play in the final game at Liverpool on Sunday, May 11th have been denied by the Newcastle manager.

alan pardew cardiff 99

Alan Pardew – no collusion with Remy

This is Alan’s statement that has just been posted on the Newcastle site:

¨Following media reports today (Tuesday, 27th May) concerning my player selection for our final game of the season against Liverpool, any suggestion that I colluded and agreed with our loan striker, Loic Remy, that he did not have to play in this game are wholly untrue.¨

¨To suggest that I considered there to be nothing riding on that game is also completely false. Our final league position was at stake, as was the race for the Barclays Premier League title for our opponents, Liverpool.¨

¨What is more, each and every one of us associated with the Club was desperate to get a result for our supporters, especially those 2,800 travelling fans who made the journey to Anfield that day.¨

¨The reality was that Loic had sustained an ankle injury in our game against Cardiff the previous week. The results of an MRI scan conducted after that fixture revealed ligament damage and swelling around the joint.¨

¨It was a result of this injury, and the fact that Loic was unable therefore to complete any training session during the week leading up to the Liverpool game, that meant he was not fit for selection.¨

¨Had Loic been fit then clearly, without question, he would have been selected to play in what was a crucial game like every other.¨

In fact the news came from what Loic Remy had said in an interview with L’Equipe,  and we pointed out this would not sit well with Newcastle fans – if it was true.

This is what Loic Remy told L’Equipe:

“The coach Alan Pardew understood my point of view.” “We had nothing to play for and I didn’t want to risk getting hurt again.”

It’s good that Pardew has come out quickly and denied it happened – but how come Remy said Pardew was in agreement?

• BandB

May 27, 2014 at 6:36 PM

I don’t know why he bothered.
    The twit-arati has already given him a pass on this.

• toonarmydownsouth

May 27, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Hmmm i smell Bullsh*t…..

• firebug666

May 27, 2014 at 6:38 PM

AP trying to save his own skin again.

• Graeme

May 27, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Porky Pies abound!!!!!

• BandB

May 27, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Strange it is that he thought it was damaging enough an allegation to issue a full-blown denial on the club website, while bloggers have been lining up to say it’s a non-story and we should all move on.

• GeordieTwo

May 27, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Pards looks worried in that picture. Are you worried Alan?

• toonking

May 27, 2014 at 6:41 PM

weather it’s pardew who’s lieing or remy it doesn’t matter the thing that matters to me is who we are getting this summer. this stuff is just pre world cup headlines for newspapers to get buyers.

remy himself doesn’t seem to have the attitude of a polite player especially when he turns down newcastle for QPR.

• GeordieTwo

May 27, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Is it possible you’re worried about next season Alan? Not getting much support from wor owner for a change? No replacement for Remy lined up? No replacement for Cabaye actually lined up (aside from the usual journo bollocks)? No way to stop several of our best players leaving for more ambitious clubs? That is a lot to worry about all right.

• BandB

May 27, 2014 at 6:43 PM

toonking,

Yeah!
    That’s it!

• Spoof

May 27, 2014 at 6:45 PM

So is Pardew a possible liar or someone telling the truth, or is Remy a proven money grabber and a liar, or someone telling the truth.

In all honesty I couldn’t care less, I wash my hands of them all, I don’t care any more. but bring the death penalty back and I would work as a volunteer and bring one or two heads onto my bloke then you might just see me smile again.

• toonarmydownsouth

May 27, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Take note Cashley
    They weren’t happy with how the season went despite a top 6 finish
    They weren’t happy the playing style despite a good win %

So they identified several targets, went for the one top of there list and have it sorted 2 weeks after the seasons finished

We on the other hand seemingly hand out chance after chance…..

• Spoof

May 27, 2014 at 6:49 PM

until then, I will be grumpy

• GeordieTwo

May 27, 2014 at 6:50 PM

So I see several clubs moving forward quickly after having what they considered to be disappointing seasons. And what are we doing? Nothing as usual it seems. Because it has worked so well for us previously I guess.

• BandB

May 27, 2014 at 6:52 PM

TADS,

What I need right now is a very long and convoluted contribution from Toon Army Darn Sarf to explain why what’s good for the London goose is not good for the Geordie gander.

• scout

May 27, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Toonarmydownsouth
    If you think what spurs do is a good idea youre clueless pal. They spent 100 million and we spent nowt. Get a grip lad ffs

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

May 27, 2014 at 6:53 PM

tads…that is sadly because our club is pathetic!

• bobby mango

May 27, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Well he was damned if he said nothing and seemingly we’re damning him now. Lose lose for Pardew in every scenario these days.

Don’t think he could’ve said much more. Think it was stupid and needless of Remy to make the comments.

This whole thing makes it absolutely certain Remy won’t be with us next season (not that I or anyone else thought he would)

• BandB

May 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Scout,

If I can name you, can I claim my £100?

• GeordieTwo

May 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Why do we have to keep crashing and burning before anything gets done? We had a terrible second half to last season. Surely nobody can deny that? We have let some dead wood go, but the statements from the club suggest no ambition to properly address anything. A manager who has lost all credibility retained. No proper player recruitment for several seasons. It’s all coming to a head again and the outcome will be as ugly as it is predictable.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

May 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM

BandB…try calling out his name three times (it’s a bit like Beatle-juice 😉 )

• scout

May 27, 2014 at 6:57 PM

What 100 pound?

• Rotonda heights

May 27, 2014 at 6:57 PM

weather – rain sun etc
    whether – something should or shouldn’t

• BandB

May 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM

jesper,

I should have said. “If I can name you to Ed, giving him the inclination to carry out a few basic background checks that will see you taking the walk of shame, you may not be quite so stupidly pleased with your silly self.”

Welshgeordie.
    Make a sentence from the following: “Rope, Enough, Hang.”

• toonking

May 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM

TADS

entertainment and goals don’t get money thats the problem.

ashley will more than likely mimic the action of the spurs owner when the season first begins.

when i look at the way our seasons have gone in pardew era they each have lost the chance to sack pardew because every time ashley has spent money pardew has managed to do fine.

we need to loose most of our games between augest and december next season because that will be the last we’ll see of pardew as he has wasted precious money.

• Laurent Robert 32

May 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Pardew is a serial liar. More PR spin to get him out of it.

Throw-away remark by Remy. How will Pardew get out of hot water? Oh yeah, lie again.

• GeordieDan

May 27, 2014 at 7:01 PM

And why would Remy pay the slightest bit of attention to what Pardew you asked/told him to.

You can just imagine the conversation:

Pardew: “Loic I want you to play against Liverpool-you owe it to the fans, me, Fat Mike but most of yourself ”

Remy: “Like I give a flying f**k Alan. T’ra loser.”

Pardew: “Ok Loic, whatever you say-but you will still think about signing for us won’t you….. Loic…..????”

#Spineless

• GeordieTwo

May 27, 2014 at 7:02 PM

I think we will be the Fulham of next season. The signs are all there. Complete apathy at the club, a completely detached owner who is delusional about football at best, an aging side with no proper leadership, a manager who has lost the plot. It’s staring us right in the face. Get ready for relegation Mikey.

• Spoof

May 27, 2014 at 7:02 PM

tads

why bother m8, you will get the delinquents who will not accept common sense, I do not want Pardew, but what I do want is a manger given a chance, that will not happen and as long as we have the likes of catchy deflecting the main problem away from Ashley then we stand no chance at all they are holding us back big style, the longer Ashley can deflect the animosity then the longer we keep Ashley, and the likes of catchy are a godsend for Ashley, but if they read this post of mine they will accuse me of being an Alan Pardew fan ?, such is their ignorance.

• Rotonda heights

May 27, 2014 at 7:04 PM

scout

how is TADS clueless? maybe you should look closer to home.

Spurs finish 6th not deemed good enough, so they get a very good up and coming manager who guarantees great football to watch.

We stick with a guy who has spectacularly failed in the last 2 seasons and given us s—e football to watch. Go figure……! And not just us, at WHU, Charlton etc

• toonarmydownsouth

May 27, 2014 at 7:05 PM

scoutwelshmagguv

Did Pochettino spend a £100 million? No, no he didn’t

As I’ve stated, they identified there errors and have moved quickly to rectify them instead of continuing to stumble cluelessly around like a blind man in a furniture store
    Not me who’s the clueless one here

BandB
    Ah yes TDS
    I’m sure he’d be saying how we could never attract Poch as he only wants clubs in Europe whilst continuing to chalk off every manager outside the top 8 in the PL as not good enough/unproven whilst at the same time saying how we couldn’t attract a top 8 manager
    “Just get behind Pardew…”
    Notice the other blogs gone very quiet after gaining a new recruit!

• Average_Contents

May 27, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Yes they spent 100m but they recouped 86m so in effect their net spend was infact 14m and they recruited the players they wanted before they sold their star man! Yes their new players might not of worked out but who is guaranteed to do so?

Can you tell me what we did?

• scout

May 27, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Spurs spent a fortune, fair enough they sold Bale but 6th place was decent with a glut of new faces.
    Well see how this new geezer gets on with the big time charlies at spurs. Different kettle of fish to little Southampton

• scout

May 27, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Apologies for calling you clueless, bit harsh on my part.

• GeordieTwo

May 27, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Look at our CB situation. We have 2 over 30 CB’s who we’re absolutely dependent on to perform next season. If they don’t or if they get injured we’re deep in the brown stuff again. We have no decent striker, not one. We have little left in midfield other than Tiote and Sissoko. Our fullback situation is dicey at best, especially if Debuchy leaves. Yes, I’ll say it again. We are the Fulham of next season.

• banjax

May 27, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I still don’t believe Pardew !

• Graeme

May 27, 2014 at 7:36 PM

A “Flair Player” at NUFC who was well worth the entry money by himself!!

An amazing footballer and one hell of a character lol

• Davies

May 27, 2014 at 8:10 PM

It’s entirely possible that this comes down to a misunderstanding on the player’s part, something lost in translation, or even Remy’s remarks were taken of context or twisted. If it was me, knowing the sort of noose swinging, pitchfork wielding this sort of thing provokes, I’d want to nip it in the bud pretty quick and I’d definitely want to fight my corner.

As far as I’m concerned, Remy isn’t our player and, like it or not, Pardew is still our manager. I’m just going to chalk this up to bog standard press heckling.