The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Player Admits Frustration On Tyneside

6:59 pm, Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 165 Comments

Mathieu Debuchy has been speaking today with the French daily L’Equipe, and he has indicated that he has been frustrated playing for Newcastle because the coach has told him to stay back.

Mathieu Debuchy France vs Finland+i6XnqrgjQ0tl

Mathieu Debuchy - in French colors – frustrated

This is what Mathieu told the French daily L’Equipe today:

“I was a little frustrated in my first season at Newcastle because the coach asked me to stay behind, while for France the coach told me to stay high.¨

“If you do not go up enough, people will say that you do not bring enough offensively.” “And if you go up too much, they will say that you are not calm defensively.¨

“That’s why there will always be critics but I still have to make progress on some points.” “You ask me how the competing is going, if I think about playing, what I think of his game but I’m focusing first of all on me,”

“I try to give my all, Bacary too, then after this the coach will make his choice. In football, everything goes very fast.”

Whatever you do in life, you will always face criticism, sometimes severe, and you can either try to avoid it, flinch from it, ignore it, or face it full-on and toughen up because of it, and I’ve found the latter approach is the best way to go.

And the time when you don’t get criticized is the time after you have died – but it even continues after that too. :D

And these translations from the French are difficult sometimes, and whether Mathieu meant his first season was the half season after he first arrived a year last January, or last season, is not too clear.

But generally Debuchy has been given free rein to attack down the wing, since that’s one of the best parts of his game – and he wouldn’t make a bad right winger.

Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna is now playing close to his very best form, after a string of injuries over the last eighteen months, and Mathieu will need to fight it out with Sagna for that starting right back position in Brazil.

Sagna will become a free agent at the end of June, and there was some news a few days ago that Manchester City have agreed a three-year-deal with the player, which is reported to be worth around £140K/ week – which is a cool £9M a year.

Not a bad way to end you career when you are 31.

Tags: Mathieu Debuchy · Newcastle News · Premier League · World Cup 2014

165 responses so far ↓

• 1 BandB // May 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM

jesper,

I should have said. “If I can name you to Ed, giving him the inclination to carry out a few basic background checks that will see you taking the walk of shame, you may not be quite so stupidly pleased with your silly self.”

Welshgeordie.
    Make a sentence from the following: “Rope, Enough, Hang.”

• 2 toonking // May 27, 2014 at 7:02 PM

TADS

entertainment and goals don’t get money thats the problem.

ashley will more than likely mimic the action of the spurs owner when the season first begins.

when i look at the way our seasons have gone in pardew era they each have lost the chance to sack pardew because every time ashley has spent money pardew has managed to do fine.

we need to loose most of our games between augest and december next season because that will be the last we’ll see of pardew as he has wasted precious money.

• 3 toonking // May 27, 2014 at 7:04 PM

look at it this way.
    if we want debuchy to be an attacking fullback then we have absolute no choice but to get rid of HBA.
    HBA and attacking fullbacks don’t mix.

• 4 Laurent Robert 32 // May 27, 2014 at 7:06 PM

So….. Just the containing and cautious which is Pardew’s go-to ‘style’. Thanks for confirming what we already know, Mathieu.

Note, yet another player picking out a gripe with the coaching.

• 5 Laurent Robert 32 // May 27, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Ben Arfa’s right, Pardew’s sh…

• 6 toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 7:08 PM

30toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 7:05 PM

scoutwelshmagguv

Did Pochettino spend a £100 million? No, no he didn’t

As I’ve stated, they identified there errors and have moved quickly to rectify them instead of continuing to stumble cluelessly around like a blind man in a furniture store
    Not me who’s the clueless one here

BandB
    Ah yes TDS
    I’m sure he’d be saying how we could never attract Poch as he only wants clubs in Europe whilst continuing to chalk off every manager outside the top 8 in the PL as not good enough/unproven whilst at the same time saying how we couldn’t attract a top 8 manager
    “Just get behind Pardew…”
    Notice the other blogs gone very quiet after gaining a new recruit!

• 7 Rotonda heights // May 27, 2014 at 7:09 PM

scout

how is TADS clueless? maybe you should look closer to home.

Spurs finish 6th not deemed good enough, so they get a very good up and coming manager who guarantees great football to watch.

We stick with a guy who has spectacularly failed in the last 2 seasons and given us s—e football to watch. Go figure……! And not just us, at WHU, Charlton etc

Spoof

I acknowledge Ash is the problem for appointing Pardew, but maybe he could be forgiven for thinking Pardew would make better use of the likes of MYM, Ben Arfa etc.

Catchy is not holding anything back as he doesn’t attend games which is the obvious and only way to confront ashley

• 8 Laurent Robert 32 // May 27, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Toonking, what about Ginola and Bez? Robert and Bernard?

Attack can be the best form of defence if you have a team who are playing effective attacking football.

• 9 toonking // May 27, 2014 at 7:10 PM

logging out now cu later

• 10 Spoof // May 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM

toonking

entertainment and goals don’t get money, sorry m8 but I am going to use those words on a regular basis, I wish they were mine as they are so poignant, what we all need is a winning team.

• 11 scout // May 27, 2014 at 7:16 PM

TADS
    Sorry pal, apologies for the earlier comments

• 12 croftus5678 // May 27, 2014 at 7:16 PM

this is a nothing story when you look at it logically !

lille in french league where quality is less and you can attack all day with not much need for defence so all pards has done is asked him to learn how to defend and tbh it has made him a better player for it if not our best player !

explains why french cb’s dont gel also (mbiwa/sakho) i hope mbiwa comes good as i <3'd the lad before he signed for us and was my personal no1 target before he signed but the dark side of me is saying the french lads just not cut out to be cb's

• 13 cyprus // May 27, 2014 at 7:26 PM

So, let’s blame HBA for Debuchy’s statement… Guys there’s only one guy responsible for the poor football and massive general loss of form. Yea, yea when Cabs was in the team too.

• 14 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Is there anyone who is not frustrated on Tyneside?

• 15 cyprus // May 27, 2014 at 7:33 PM

btw,
    correct statement by pards legal team. That kind of attitude by our loanee is ridiculous.

• 16 Spoof // May 27, 2014 at 7:42 PM

RH

catchy is a first class tit end of, but now we are not acting like 5 year olds which we both were as I am sure you would agree, we can now debate sensibly, MYM is a mystery to me, he is quick and agile which is now needed in the PL, but he does lack concentration which is a big downside, but to no surprise he was at his best with Willo, well surprise surprise, but Willo is still shite, Mbiwa got him his standing, so why not put Saylor alongside Mbwa, Saylor good in the air, Mbiwa quick, and Saylor always is liable to weigh in with a goal or 2, so why did this not happen, PARDEW,I have always accepted his faults, never tried not too.

But there has in fairness been some good displays and sustained good form, and it cannot be denied that those coming in were not good enough, but that’s history, its the now which is important, and what I see now is not pretty, two years without a signing is a recipe for disaster, whoever the manager is.

My argument is, if you get rid of Pardew where will we be in 2 tears time, the chances are we may have slightly better football but we will be no better off, but we may go down as well, whereas if we got a new owner the chances are Pardew would go anyway but we would have a good chance of progressing which we currently don’t have, that is why I wish you and others would concentrate on what is important, Pardew is not important, Mike Ashley is everything but the longer you frustrate your anger at Pardew rather than Ashley then the likelier we are to stay as we are.. I’m not the villain m8, and even though I want Pardew sacked, he ain’t the villain either.

• 17 beermonkey // May 27, 2014 at 7:43 PM

g2

the people on Geordie shore don’t look frustrated

• 18 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM

1BandB // May 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Welshgeordie
    Make a sentence from the following: “Rope, Enough, Hang.”

Now you make a sentence from the following

Are muppet you a

Ha ha ha

• 19 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 7:51 PM

The only thing I can glean from the comment
    ‘they spent 100M and we spent fcuk all’ is that it is a good thing we spent fcuk all and could someone please explain to me why it is a good thing we spent fcuk all and finished tenth with the worst displays of football witnessed in the Prem.

• 20 BandB // May 27, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Eeeh!

What a clever little boy you are.
    Ha ha ha (is anyone else laughing, apart from “Scout”.)
    If I could take Geordie Two outside and kick his dumb guts out for encouraging you, I would.

• 21 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Why are there so many miserable people on this blog

Dear me

• 22 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 7:54 PM

welsh,
    We have a poster called BRUTOON from India who is pretty pointless but at least he seems to have some form of opinion, please do tell what is the point of you being on here.

• 23 scout // May 27, 2014 at 7:55 PM

JfA
    The comment was a reaction to someone comparing us to Spurs. One spends nothing the other spends to achieve CL, cant compare the two.

• 24 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Bandb

There’s only me and GeordieTwo that’s got a sense of humor on this blog

• 25 BandB // May 27, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Welsh,

I am absolutely sure Geordie Two will take that as a compliment. As you keep each other comapny through those hours when no-one else can be arsed to post.
    The horrible truth is, that you are getting a result. Whereas Geordie……………..

• 26 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 7:58 PM

It’s very easy to compare the two, one spends 100M trying to crack the big time, the other spend fcuk all to try and finish mid table. There, I’ve compared them and my findings are, one team has ambition and the fans onside and the other doesn’t and the fans are about to kick off.

• 27 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 7:59 PM

if you want my opinion, look at my previous comments

• 28 scout // May 27, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Fans about to kick off, dont make me laugh

• 29 Big Pappa Cissé // May 27, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Debuchy starting for France tonight .

Must say the Germans are my pick for the world cup but I’m gunna stick a cheeky tenner on France as they have a brilliant squad .

How we are ranked above them I will never know .

• 30 Big Pappa Cissé // May 27, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Also if we fail to bring in Grenier I would love us to go for Valbuena . Fantastic player .

• 31 scout // May 27, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Some might say it was stupidity to attempt a midtable finish spending nothing???

• 32 jazzyp // May 27, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Davide Santon ready to commit future to Newcastle despite interest from AC Milan

Davide Santon is ready to commit his future to Newcastle despite persistent advances from AC Milan.

Santon’s manager Renzo Contratto says a new deal’s been tabled for the 23-year-old Italian defender to stay on at St James’s Park.

‘Santon is happy at Newcastle and has just been offered a new contract,’ Contratto told ASRadioRoma. ‘Other teams want him? They’re just rumours.’

Santon has appeared 93 times for the Magpies since signing from Inter Milan in 2011 but has been the constant subject of rumours for a return to his home nation.

• 33 lesh // May 27, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Spurs onto their umpteenth manager now with Pinnochio having signed up.

Doubtless Southampton’ll milk them dry for any of their players he wants to take with him.

• 34 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 8:08 PM

welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 6:22 PM

hello everyone it’s my first time on this blog so please be nice to me
    welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 6:29 PM
    i hate it when people say that

welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 6:34 PM

When people say something and it always end with the words
    Is to good for Ashley

welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM

1BandB // May 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Welshgeordie
    Make a sentence from the following: “Rope, Enough, Hang.”

Now you make a sentence from the following

Are muppet you a

Ha ha ha

welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Why are there so many miserable people on this blog

Dear me

There you go welsh, a summary of your pointless contribution to this blog in the last two hours.

• 35 Big Pappa Cissé // May 27, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Santon is a puzzling one for me .

Not the best defender but has a great engine and is great going forward (Although I would like him to use his left foot more and develop his final ball) .

For me its the system we use that doesn’t play to his strengths at all . If we played like Everton with our fullbacks basically being wingers then he could thrive, but in Pardews ultra-defensive style he gets found out way too often .

• 36 scout // May 27, 2014 at 8:10 PM

JfA
    why dont you say what you really think?

• 37 jazzyp // May 27, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Big Pappa
    I personally would like to see Hadaira developed as our left back, As I see more potential and a position he can make his own.
    Santon although has massive potential is a strange enigma as he’s been played in multiple positions but failed to shine in any

• 38 jazzyp // May 27, 2014 at 8:16 PM

If Krull’s apparent statement on exiting incoming signings this summer, Then maybe that is why all our players are starting to come out and commit there future to Nufc

• 39 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 8:16 PM

scout,
    I’m not sure what you mean, I pretty much say what I think everytime I post on here and I now think most people are in agreement that we are going nowhere under Mike Ashley, I don’t know why you made the comment ‘don’t make me laugh’ I think Pardew will feel the full force of a backlash unless they do something spectacular in the window and he doesn’t come out from the blocks fast, even if he does another defeat from the mackems will see him confined to his dugout.

• 40 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Jail for Ashley
    May 27, 2014

well considering there’s nothing to talk about as the season as finished, and pardew and Ashley are still here and to be honest it’s pointless talking about transfers at the moment what else is there to do, and those comments I’ve made was just tonight how about going over the comments I’ve made in the last couple of months.

You must have a lot of time on your hands looking back to what I’ve been saying

Besides all you and some of the others do is moan, it’s only me and GeordieTwo brightens up this blog

• 41 Big Pappa Cissé // May 27, 2014 at 8:17 PM

@ Jazzy

I agree with you there m8 as I think Haidara is the better player, and how Dummet starts ahead of him I will never know .

• 42 BandB // May 27, 2014 at 8:20 PM

G2,

I am waiting tonight for you to destroy Welsh with your rapier wit.
    You did suggest earlier you had a good one for him.
    And yet he suggests you are the same.

You have invented, on your own, the term “Pyrrhic defeats.”
    You give him a platform. He kicks the shit out of you.
    It’s a lion against a sheep.
    I ask you AGAIN!
    Do you not notice?
    I don’t think you do.

• 43 scout // May 27, 2014 at 8:21 PM

He will smash the window to pieces mark my words

• 44 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 8:23 PM

welsh,
    Tonight isn’t a systematic attack on your pointless comments, you have been making them for a long time now interspersed with the odd, ‘who do you think we’ll sign this summer” to keep the moderator happy, along with mag, guvnor etc you are on here to wind people up and if you honestly think you brighten the place up then you have serious issues.

• 45 the truth will out // May 27, 2014 at 8:23 PM

is he gonna chuck a brick

• 46 couchy-spennymoor-mags // May 27, 2014 at 8:25 PM

I’d maybe take a punt on alderweild. Not getting a game at Madrid. I think he could be available for a good price. Also David villa would be a awesome signing. Would be cheap and made for the epl.

• 47 scout // May 27, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Personally expect 3 or 4 quality signings and a quick start to the season as JFA said

• 48 Big Pappa Cissé // May 27, 2014 at 8:26 PM

@ jazzy

I hope so m8 . Imagine if Ashley surprised us all and we ended up with this at the start of next season :

—————————-Krul——————————–

–Debuchy—–Caulker——–M’biwa——-Rodriguez–

———–Sissoko————————Tiote—————

—Cabella—————-Grenier——————-Marin—

—————————-Doumbia—————————-

If Only ;) .

• 49 Rotonda heights // May 27, 2014 at 8:26 PM

It will be interesting to see which team will be relegated alongside cup winners Arsenal and Man City

• 50 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 8:27 PM

couchy,
    Weren’t we linked with Alderwield or was that just Kets, unless he gets injured or is in the last year of his contract you know it’s not going to happen.

• 51 Rotonda heights // May 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM

big papa

would be something

• 52 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM

scout,
    You’ve misinterpreted me !

• 53 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 8:29 PM

where’s Belfast tonight i want his advice he told me last night i have got a screw lose, and now Jail for Ashley has just said I’ve got issues

i need help

Ha ha ha

• 54 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 8:29 PM

BPC,
    Not including wages and transfer fees, how much do you think that would cost.

• 55 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Perhaps my favourite song should be basket case by Green Day

Best band on the planet

• 56 beermonkey // May 27, 2014 at 8:31 PM

jazzy

who else has committed there future

• 57 BandB // May 27, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Welsh,

I do take my hat off to you. And Scout.

You mat not be that bright.

But you have the number of this blog.

• 58 Big Pappa Cissé // May 27, 2014 at 8:34 PM

@ JFA

Wages wouldn’t be too much of a problem as Cabella & Grenier can’t be on massive amounts in France .

I reckon we could put that team together with the TV money received this season (not including the £20 million we got for Cabaye by the way) and we could be challenging Everton for Europe even with Pardumb as manager .

• 59 jazzyp // May 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Big Pappa
    You have been watching to many carling adverts mate lol.
    The thing is tho pal this is easily achievable if he would splash the cash, And it wouldn’t even have to be his own money at that.the £79.5M we got earlier this month is close to £40M more than we received from the PL last year, and that’s due to the massively increased money being paid out by TV for the Premier League games over the next three years.

Newcastle should be able to increase the wage bill significantly, while keeping the wages at a constant percentage of revenues., and that’s going to be an advantage that all Premier League clubs will have over their rivals – massive TV money every year.

• 60 Graeme // May 27, 2014 at 8:37 PM

A “Flair Player” at NUFC who was well worth the entry money by himself!!

An amazing footballer and one hell of a character lol

• 61 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Jail for Ashley

I do brighten this blog thank you very much you carry on in what you do best

Moan

• 62 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Do you have the time to listen to me whine

• 63 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 8:39 PM

where the hell are our signings didn’t they say this week

• 64 BandB // May 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Welsh,

I hear what you are saying about Green Day. Clearly and unequivocally.
    You are on the wind up and loving it.
    I myself can’t wait for TS or someone to self-righteously give it to you from the relentlessly OPTIMISTIC point of view.
    Like you care :)

• 65 jazzyp // May 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Beermonkey
    Tiote has come out and said he is happy to stay. Benny doesn’t want to go anywhere even after coming through a tough season. Sissoko has recently squashed rumours of wanting to go monaco

• 66 cyprus // May 27, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Debuchy great, Cabaye not so much. Sissoko coming on

• 67 Rotonda heights // May 27, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Some may say it was stupidity to split the Willo / MYM partnership

Some may say it was stupidity to play Gosling (no assists, no goals,) Shola (2 goals in 56 games) and Dummet ahead of Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Obertan (his pace at least stretches the game and gives an out ball,) Bigrimana, Armstrong etc

Some may say it was stupidity playing Gouffran as a defensive left Mid, Cisse as a right winger, MYM as a right back etc.

Losing 14 out of 18 and not scoring in 13 out of 18, what a superb achievement

• 68 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 8:43 PM

BandB
    May 27, 2014

Well thank you sir, I think

Just for the record Green Day are my favourite band

• 69 scout // May 27, 2014 at 8:44 PM

JFA
    Sorry mate didnt mean it to sound like you quoted that. Just wishful thinking on my part

• 70 scout // May 27, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Basket case?

• 71 Big Pappa Cissé // May 27, 2014 at 8:45 PM

@ Jazzy

I know it will never happen m8 I just like to show how easy it would be to transform us into an amazing team as we already have a great core with the likes of Krul,M’biwa,Debuchy,Tiote,Sissoko & HBA . 3 or 4 more quality signings would take us to the next level .

This window I think we will bring in one of either Grenier or Cabella (both would be a huge shock) , A decent striker, a winger and a few squad fillers like Colback and that will be our lot .

• 72 Go toon gooooo // May 27, 2014 at 8:46 PM

This player needs to take responsibility a bit for losing streak this year because of his stupid red card(three games)against WBA and injury picked in the French National Team game.This period was weakest for Newcastle United.Excellent player but with a lot of instability with the fouls.Sometimes he makes brainless fouls including fouls for penalty.However he is strong link in the Newcastle United chain.

• 73 scout // May 27, 2014 at 8:46 PM

B and b
    what were you talking about earlier that 100 notes

• 74 BandB // May 27, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Welsh,

I am a girl.
    A girl.
    Fanny (get it now?)
    Mag didn’t get it, despite broad (joke above your head) hints. Neither did the other ones, the names of whom I can’t recall a week or two on.
    You don’t get it either. How odd.

• 75 Big Pappa Cissé // May 27, 2014 at 8:49 PM

@ rotunda

Exactly m8 .

M’biwa & Willo kept clean sheets against Spurs & Chelsea but were split up as soon as Collo came back and the goals started flying in again with M’biwa fit & raring to go but sat on the bench . But hey, Pardew plays people based on merit didn’t you know .

Collocini’s lack of pace gets exposed on so many occasions and why he feels the need to throw himself to the ground every chance he gets is baffling ? .

• 76 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM

that was a bad joke no wonder you didn’t get any responses

• 77 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 8:53 PM

BPC,
    I think their wages would be affordable unless someone else comes in for them, by my reckoning if we made 8M profit last year after spending god knows what, inbetween 19 and 30M on five players, then surely this year with an extra 27M TV money and say 10M profit on Cabaye, and spending nothing but DeJong and Remys loan fees,there has to be roughly a 50M profit showing, whether that will be the case or not is a different matter.

• 78 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Where’s Geordie Two when you need him

• 79 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Go toon go,
    Maybe if we had a decent back up to Debuchy he might think twice in the event of it costing him his place.

• 80 jazzyp // May 27, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Big Pappa
    If we were going to go for any CF it would be Doumbia for me. Has all the attributes of Remy-Ba rolled into one.
    As for Greneir and Cabella……..Why not bud, We still have cabs money available which would be a substantial wedge to acquiring these players

• 81 scout // May 27, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Whos this geordie two lado

• 82 Big Pappa Cissé // May 27, 2014 at 9:01 PM

@ Jazzy

For me Hernandez would be my number 1 target but I can’t see that happening so Doumbia is a close second .

Yeah in theory we could get Grenier & Cabella for what we received for Cabaye and that would be great business, however someone that knew about football would have signed both players before we sold Yohan and pushed the self destruct button on our season .

• 83 jazzyp // May 27, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Scout
    You will find he has an infatuation with Budgies Harruumphh !!

• 84 Big Pappa Cissé // May 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Sissoko coming on for France .

• 85 BandB // May 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

G2,

Here are Welshie, who doesn’t seem that scared, and his mate Scout, who congratulates everything he says.
    A couple of us tried to put a stop to this a couple of weeks ago.
    But you knew better.
    “Whos this geordie two lado>2
    Over to you, pet lamb.

• 86 jayphoto // May 27, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Bad thing is injury allowing, we’re in for a whole season of Colo and Willo next season. Not sure either are good enough tbh, weve looked the strongest defensively with willo and MYM, or Taylor and Colo! Taylor and MYm together is awful and Willo and Colo aint much better

• 87 jazzyp // May 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Big papa
    Yeah totally agree there pal. But without sounding to optimistic on here for all the neggars hopefully the hierarchy have realised there mistakes and this window will surprise all.
    Then again we will probably end up with Sidwell-Perez and Bent.
    To many players are being shipped out this summer mate for the management not to be busy in the transfer market

• 88 kevymartins // May 27, 2014 at 9:06 PM

France showing us how it’s done. Sissoko as holder.

• 89 scout // May 27, 2014 at 9:07 PM

B and B

Are you serious???

• 90 jazzyp // May 27, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Jayphoto
    If we can move Stevie taylor on for 3-5 mill and bring in Caulker for around 6 mill then that for me would be good business.
    One step further and sell Mapou for 6-7 and get our money back and go all English and bring in Micah Richards and happy days all round

• 91 kevymartins // May 27, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Sissoko down the middle. You can use him for so many different things like. It’s just where he should be playing. He has the pace/passing/shoting/vision/strenght/ EVERYTHING PARDREW PLEASE BE WATCHING THIS.

• 92 scout // May 27, 2014 at 9:10 PM

B AND B

Didnt mean to get anyones back up.

• 93 Mister Tuff // May 27, 2014 at 9:15 PM

BandB what’s this about pet lamb.
    I think I covered this yesterday with a picture of him and his female friend on a day out.

• 94 jayphoto // May 27, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Would love Caulker! But really think pardew will think his centre back pairing os the one thing he doesn’t need to change! Unfortunately for us its probably the first thing we should sort

• 95 Toonfan8 // May 27, 2014 at 9:23 PM

we are not that far away, from being top 6-7 team….Krul,Debuchy,Santon,Tiote,Sissoko,HBA,Collo are standard players in these teams…we have to bring another quality players, we dont need big numbers, we dont have european competition…one strong cb Caulker,Rudinger is a must…two creative players Grenier,Cabella…and two strikers Lassoga, Diafra Sakho…cover in defensive cm Mendy thats all we need…Pérez can cover as a winger or striker…
    ………………Krul…………….
    debuchy,caulker,colo,santon
    ……………tiote…………………….
    hba,sissoko,grenier,cabella
    ……………Lassoga…………….
    when want play defensive, bring mendy
    bench—MYM,Taylor,Willo,Haidara,Dummet
    Mendy,Anita,sameobi,abeid,gouffran,raylor,bigirimana
    sakho,cisse,
    strong enough for me to compete and play nice football

• 96 jazzyp // May 27, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Jayphoto
    Im sure he more than most is aware our goals conceded ratio over the last few seasons to know how shocking we have been at the back.Was it 59 conceded last term, which outside the relegated teams was one of the worst in the PL

• 97 cyprus // May 27, 2014 at 9:24 PM

France will have to be our second team with so many nufc players. Remy just came on. Ain’t he injured?

• 98 beermonkey // May 27, 2014 at 9:25 PM

jayphoto

I would start at the back pardews first choice centre backs shipped 24 goals roughly in the last 18 games alarm bells should be ringing

• 99 kevymartins // May 27, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Wonder how much we Greizman would go for. Think it’s real socoidad he plays for. Would be perfect for us.

ps Sissoko needs to watch he doesn’t get injured here…

And fcuk that prick remy thinks hes to good for us the ba**bag

• 100 kevymartins // May 27, 2014 at 9:26 PM

I was shouting Rapist when I one went in.

• 101 cyprus // May 27, 2014 at 9:26 PM

debuchy wonder pass to remy, who scores

• 102 Big Pappa Cissé // May 27, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Like an NUFC Reunion in France – Debuchy,Cabaye,Sissoko &Remy all playing .

Remy just scored from a Debuchy assist as well .

• 103 cyprus // May 27, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Another goal!

• 104 kevymartins // May 27, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Greinier on…Class act just watch.

• 105 Toonfan8 // May 27, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Caulker 6,Grenier 12,Cabella 11,Lassoga 10,Mendy 5,Sakho 5,Pérez 2………..50M total spend…also get rid of some deadwood Jonas,Marveaux,Obertan,Shola…young team with pace,power and skills…also cheap when you realize you get 7 young players with huge potential for 50 when Carroll price was 35 :D

• 106 jazzyp // May 27, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Sissoko——-Cabaye———Greneir———–Cabella.
    As our midfield eh…..Mouthwatering

• 107 BandB // May 27, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Tuff,

I SAW that photo.
    I hope it was just a metaphor, and not photo-journalism.
    He looked very tough, didn’t he!

From now on, anyone who treats Welshgeordie9 or any other of his recent birthdays as a real poster will be awarded, by me, the much-coveted Ian Toon “Post of the Day” award.
    I think Lil got it last.
    Lil, if you have it on your mantlepiece, can we have it back please?
    It means a lot.

• 108 toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Kevy
    But surely he can’t be? Proud to be a Geordie has been cutting and pasting his “review” of how poor Grenier is for months now!

• 109 toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 9:35 PM

BandB
    Lol trust me they really haven’t got the blogs number

• 110 Go toon gooooo // May 27, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Jail for Ashley
    We have had good right back to fight for place with Debuchy but we lost him.Now he is back to Premier League and will deserve respect-Danny Simpson.

• 111 cyprus // May 27, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Deb, Sis, Remy, Cabela. Two and a half in the bag, 1.5 to go. Not bad.

• 112 cyprus // May 27, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Correction: considering Remy’s statement and then AP’s, one of the two is a liar…

• 113 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 9:53 PM

As there’s a few regulars on now can we all decide to ignore welshgeordies comments and encourage others to do the same as he is a meaningless wind up, if anybody thinks saying ‘who will we sign this summer” repeatedly is contributing then fill your boots.

• 114 Big Pappa Cissé // May 27, 2014 at 9:54 PM

@ Cyprus

What reason does Remy have to lie ? .

He knows that we know he is a mercenary looking out for no one but himself and wants out of NUFC .

Pardew is without doubt the liar in this situation and it wouldn’t be the first time.

• 115 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 9:56 PM

GTG,
    Simpson would have stayed as well but it wasn’t in our thinking to have Debuchy as well, MYM simply isn’t a RB neither is right sided midfielder RTaylor.

• 116 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 9:59 PM

BPC,
    It will be an interesting little saga if Remy now comes and says different, maybe he was taken out of context and he was injured but could have been risked if the game had of meant a bit more.

• 117 jazzyp // May 27, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Jfa
    I am really happy for Taylor to finally be over his injury. But for me he was no better than Gosling or Gutti or Benny. Personally mate he shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team

• 118 Toonfan8 // May 27, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I cant help, but this player reminds me a bit of Shearer…higher Alan with 189cm…

• 119 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Jazzyp,
    People are remembering that goal against Everton and his over the wall against the mackems, you’re right he is an average squad player on par with James Perch albeit with a tad more flair.

• 120 scout // May 27, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Does anyone know where Ashley went on holiday in Florida?

• 121 beermonkey // May 27, 2014 at 10:08 PM

jazzy

if taylor is iver his injuries and can play he a good player to have on the bench can cover various positions and a great free kick

but will he be the same as before i am not sure he has been out for nearly 2 years

• 122 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2014 at 10:10 PM

beermonkey,
    He’s probably two years older now as well.

• 123 Toonfan8 // May 27, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Taylor is great character to have in the squad, cares about NUFC

• 124 toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Makes you wonder why no one from Norwich Fulham Cardiff etc complained about the FA’s punishment against the Mackems
    Especially as they handed out a points deduction a week or so later (MK Dons??)

• 125 beermonkey // May 27, 2014 at 10:15 PM

ail your right that’s something none of us can stop

i dunno how old taylor is

• 126 toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 10:15 PM

beermonkey
    I really hope he’s not the same player as 2 years ago

Because that player was a chest pumping idiot who made awful decisions on the pitch

• 127 Graeme // May 27, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Toonfan8 @ 118 – have watched the clip, you really shouldn’t be putting such stuff up on here. That guy has a good 1st touch, scores at corners ffs, has a wicked shot on him, fights for the ball.

In fact, everything a good CF should have – so why would we want him here? He’s shit at LB.

• 128 toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Toonfan8
    Meh
    He looks alright, he’s no Shola though

• 129 scout // May 27, 2014 at 10:30 PM

TADS
    A good point, also teams from non league deducted points leatherhead were one

• 130 Toonfan8 // May 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Graeme
    Thats true mate, I think Pardew will prefer Bent or Carlton Cole, because of their experience in the premiership…

• 131 Graeme // May 27, 2014 at 10:38 PM

TADS – thats heartless mate. Nobody could replace sholla, nobody is lazy enough.

• 132 toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Scout
    Yeah it wasn’t MK dons it was AFC Wimbledon mid Aprilish so if Bristol appeal and win it would raise big question marks over the consistency of the punishment handed out by the FA

• 133 toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Graeme
    Darren Bent…..

• 134 Graeme // May 27, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Toonfan @ 130 – that is such a depressing thought really.

• 135 Graeme // May 27, 2014 at 10:42 PM

TADS – your talking about a P45DUE favourite – wash your mouth out lol. That thought is as depressing as the one from Toonfan.
    Come on, pull yourself together here lol

• 136 Mister Tuff // May 27, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Just when we thought that farce and comedy was long gone with the demise of JFK -it returns again -with Remy suggesting shenanigans by Percy “Pinocchio” Parsnip for the last game of the season.
    Percy has now countered with a full blown, info packed denial, now accusing Remy of lying.
    Tremendous stuff -in these weeks of nothing happening on the transfer front – it’s keeping me entertained.
    I’m now looking forward to the next instalment which will probably be Remy sticking to his story and countering that Percy speaks with forked tongue.
    Tremendous close season entertainment – this is not available at any other club in the country.
    (I think we can forget about Remy staying).

• 137 toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Mister Tuff
    Pardew is hard at work at his lap top photoshopping pictures of Remy so it looks like Remy is threatening him with a gun

• 138 Graeme // May 27, 2014 at 10:55 PM

TADS – he’s looking for a video of Loic with a limp!! Even if he has to photoshop the date lol

• 139 scout // May 27, 2014 at 10:57 PM

tads
    Consistency required ??

• 140 Mister Tuff // May 27, 2014 at 11:03 PM

tads – Percy will be photoshopping some MRI scan images of an ankle to prove his case.
    Also it is so serious the the Toon will be getting their lawyers onto the case – and pursuing a retraction from Remy – under threat of legal proceedings.

• 141 the truth will out // May 27, 2014 at 11:06 PM

i hope the twasturds burn in hell

• 142 Mister Tuff // May 27, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Percy – if you’re reading this -you can start here- I expect re numeration mind.

• 143 toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 11:21 PM

“Yeah hi is that Nile? Yeah yeah whagouan it’s Pardiola, needs you to get me a gat bluud, some little punks been running his gums and me and Asher’s has gots to teach his ass again, you’d think he’d of learnt his lesson, last time he snubbed us we had to stitch him up on a sexual assault charge!”

• 144 toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Graeme
    Remy with a limp? Would he be lazier than Bent?

Where did I get to with this lazy CF game?
    Ah yes
    Hesky…..

• 145 Graeme // May 27, 2014 at 11:28 PM

TADS probably not mate

• 146 manxpie // May 27, 2014 at 11:34 PM

nah pards will join twitter and threaten remy with “ive got the pics and texts”

remy will then delete his account

so pards will have to get onto his mates debuchy or cabeye and get “the fuskin mug” to get in touch

thats how it happens in football land supposedly

• 147 NEoffers.co.uk // May 27, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Italian Sharing Platter for Two (with Prosecco) Only £16.95 (usually £31)

Luxury Quayside restaurant,

• 148 lesh // May 28, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Errr, sorry, but what’s welshgeordie?

Is it a term of endearment?

• 149 Thump // May 28, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Why hasn’t NEoffers been flagged for spam yet?

• 150 jimmysmith // May 28, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Because of the peerless quality and incredible value for money of their offerings.

• 151 manxpie // May 28, 2014 at 12:28 AM

watch out thump there’ll be offers on flags and spam next!

• 152 manxpie // May 28, 2014 at 12:34 AM

btw does anyone have the question that was asked to remy to get that answer?

to me it sounds like he’s trying to get away from the fact he was injured ya know before a world cup

but he wouldn’t do that would he?

and this article is wrong aswell as he was just saying about how difficult his 1st season was here if you actually watched him this season he certainly wasn’t holding back was he?
    infact his all round game has improved massively since last year

• 153 expatmag // May 28, 2014 at 12:47 AM

solution to the Dcbuchy problem

Play Jonas in front of him

• 154 expatmag // May 28, 2014 at 12:58 AM

and I thought CATCHY had an obsession with Pardew but I see he now has a love rival in TUFF

• 155 manxpie // May 28, 2014 at 1:07 AM

guti forgot about him wonder how long he’s got on his contract?
    cant see norwich paying for him infact he hardly played wat i can see tho is a player that lots creamed themselves over not so long ago and asked the question “why the hell aren’t we in for him”

wolfswinkel is a player we’ve supposedly scouted and will be cheaper now watch this space lol

• 156 jimmysmith // May 28, 2014 at 1:36 AM

All the problems at Newcastle aside, particularly with the owner, who has his own clear agenda, Newcastle are definitely looking top 8 next season assuming we buy with a view to improve the side, which in fairness to the owner has always happened I think, season on season. Southampton have lost their fine young manager and will lose their two best players and Newcastle are clearly better than the rest, who are a fairly abject bunch, all things being equal.

• 157 swemag // May 28, 2014 at 3:14 AM

Some people think we will get Cabella and Grenier and we will be fine. Did you just forget about the fact that we don’t have a single fit senior attacker. The one we have injured was anything but hot last year. Then we have Campbell and Armstrong, to youngsters that will probably need another 2-3 years before they might be something to count on. We need at least 2 strikers with top level experience. Minimum.

• 158 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 28, 2014 at 5:19 AM

Lads if this is just about new players we could fire the manager and the whole coaching staff on the spot and we should be fine;

…but it isn’t! New players won’t change anything!

• 159 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 28, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Jimmy…last season we finished 16 and this season we probably should have finished 14 with the way we conducted ourselves since Christmas! So you think we are a top 8 team if we sign players?

…I suppose anything is possible in football. I suppose finishing between 10-14 is just as possible? ;)

• 160 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 6:57 AM

I understand some players are preparing for the world cup and others are on hoiliday and more importantly the window isn’t open yet, but if we are hoping to see some swift business done think again, a deal for Gomis could have easily been already agreed in principle but we’re waiting as we know it’s going to be a long drawn out affair.
    10-4. 9, 5, 8, 6, 7, 5,
    but on a much bigger scale.

• 161 Santon03 // May 28, 2014 at 7:40 AM

JFA

LC is our new DOF, I wouldn’t judge him now. Not everything is made public knowledge especially before the window open. Who knows LC might surprise us with many players already signed.
    If we still have JK as DOF, then I 100% agree with you.
    I am more worried about how are we going to play, what kind of football style we will be playing especially when pardew already booed. Will he realise and change his style or not?

• 162 Blofal // May 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM

——————Krul
    Debuchy-Colo-Willo-Santon
    ——————Tiote—————–
    Cabella-Sissoko-Grenier-Zaha
    —————Lasogga————–

Bench: Cisse, Anita, Armstrong, Haidara, Mbiwa

That will do.

• 163 jimmysmith // May 28, 2014 at 7:47 AM

That’s what we do here Tiger, we give it our best guess.

• 164 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 28, 2014 at 8:17 AM

So that was a guess? Sorry I thought I read we were definitely a top 8 side sport!

• 165 Rotonda heights // May 28, 2014 at 9:05 AM

jimmysmith

You’re not factoring in Pardew who is clearly a busted flush these days. Yes we lost Cabaye but had no Europa or domestic cup involvement and nobody forced Pardew to play the players (Gosling etc) he did, or set out his bizarre formations.

With a proper football manager, top 8 no problem, as it should have been this season.
    Look how Debuchy played last night, the polar opposite of what Pardew has him doing.

It’s the manager more than the players I’m more concerned about. The way he gets a cut from any player sales and denies ”Remygate” Does anyone really believe a word this guy says?

previous post: Alan Pardew Statement On Loic Remy