Newcastle Player Admits Frustration On Tyneside

Mathieu Debuchy has been speaking today with the French daily L’Equipe, and he has indicated that he has been frustrated playing for Newcastle because the coach has told him to stay back.

Mathieu Debuchy France vs Finland+i6XnqrgjQ0tl

Mathieu Debuchy – in French colors – frustrated

This is what Mathieu told the French daily L’Equipe today:

“I was a little frustrated in my first season at Newcastle because the coach asked me to stay behind, while for France the coach told me to stay high.¨

“If you do not go up enough, people will say that you do not bring enough offensively.” “And if you go up too much, they will say that you are not calm defensively.¨

“That’s why there will always be critics but I still have to make progress on some points.” “You ask me how the competing is going, if I think about playing, what I think of his game but I’m focusing first of all on me,”

“I try to give my all, Bacary too, then after this the coach will make his choice. In football, everything goes very fast.”

Whatever you do in life, you will always face criticism, sometimes severe, and you can either try to avoid it, flinch from it, ignore it, or face it full-on and toughen up because of it, and I’ve found the latter approach is the best way to go.

And the time when you don’t get criticized is the time after you have died – but it even continues after that too. 😀

And these translations from the French are difficult sometimes, and whether Mathieu meant his first season was the half season after he first arrived a year last January, or last season, is not too clear.

But generally Debuchy has been given free rein to attack down the wing, since that’s one of the best parts of his game – and he wouldn’t make a bad right winger.

Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna is now playing close to his very best form, after a string of injuries over the last eighteen months, and Mathieu will need to fight it out with Sagna for that starting right back position in Brazil.

Sagna will become a free agent at the end of June, and there was some news a few days ago that Manchester City have agreed a three-year-deal with the player, which is reported to be worth around £140K/ week – which is a cool £9M a year.

Not a bad way to end you career when you are 31.

• BandB

May 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM

jesper,

I should have said. “If I can name you to Ed, giving him the inclination to carry out a few basic background checks that will see you taking the walk of shame, you may not be quite so stupidly pleased with your silly self.”

Welshgeordie.
    Make a sentence from the following: “Rope, Enough, Hang.”

• toonking

May 27, 2014 at 7:02 PM

TADS

entertainment and goals don’t get money thats the problem.

ashley will more than likely mimic the action of the spurs owner when the season first begins.

when i look at the way our seasons have gone in pardew era they each have lost the chance to sack pardew because every time ashley has spent money pardew has managed to do fine.

we need to loose most of our games between augest and december next season because that will be the last we’ll see of pardew as he has wasted precious money.

• toonking

May 27, 2014 at 7:04 PM

look at it this way.
    if we want debuchy to be an attacking fullback then we have absolute no choice but to get rid of HBA.
    HBA and attacking fullbacks don’t mix.

• Laurent Robert 32

May 27, 2014 at 7:06 PM

So….. Just the containing and cautious which is Pardew’s go-to ‘style’. Thanks for confirming what we already know, Mathieu.

Note, yet another player picking out a gripe with the coaching.

• Laurent Robert 32

May 27, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Ben Arfa’s right, Pardew’s sh…

• toonarmydownsouth

May 27, 2014 at 7:08 PM

30toonarmydownsouth // May 27, 2014 at 7:05 PM

scoutwelshmagguv

Did Pochettino spend a £100 million? No, no he didn’t

As I’ve stated, they identified there errors and have moved quickly to rectify them instead of continuing to stumble cluelessly around like a blind man in a furniture store
    Not me who’s the clueless one here

BandB
    Ah yes TDS
    I’m sure he’d be saying how we could never attract Poch as he only wants clubs in Europe whilst continuing to chalk off every manager outside the top 8 in the PL as not good enough/unproven whilst at the same time saying how we couldn’t attract a top 8 manager
    “Just get behind Pardew…”
    Notice the other blogs gone very quiet after gaining a new recruit!

• Rotonda heights

May 27, 2014 at 7:09 PM

scout

how is TADS clueless? maybe you should look closer to home.

Spurs finish 6th not deemed good enough, so they get a very good up and coming manager who guarantees great football to watch.

We stick with a guy who has spectacularly failed in the last 2 seasons and given us s—e football to watch. Go figure……! And not just us, at WHU, Charlton etc

Spoof

I acknowledge Ash is the problem for appointing Pardew, but maybe he could be forgiven for thinking Pardew would make better use of the likes of MYM, Ben Arfa etc.

Catchy is not holding anything back as he doesn’t attend games which is the obvious and only way to confront ashley

• Laurent Robert 32

May 27, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Toonking, what about Ginola and Bez? Robert and Bernard?

Attack can be the best form of defence if you have a team who are playing effective attacking football.

• toonking

May 27, 2014 at 7:10 PM

logging out now cu later

• Spoof

May 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM

toonking

entertainment and goals don’t get money, sorry m8 but I am going to use those words on a regular basis, I wish they were mine as they are so poignant, what we all need is a winning team.

• scout

May 27, 2014 at 7:16 PM

TADS
    Sorry pal, apologies for the earlier comments

• croftus5678

May 27, 2014 at 7:16 PM

this is a nothing story when you look at it logically !

lille in french league where quality is less and you can attack all day with not much need for defence so all pards has done is asked him to learn how to defend and tbh it has made him a better player for it if not our best player !

explains why french cb’s dont gel also (mbiwa/sakho) i hope mbiwa comes good as i <3'd the lad before he signed for us and was my personal no1 target before he signed but the dark side of me is saying the french lads just not cut out to be cb's

• cyprus

May 27, 2014 at 7:26 PM

So, let’s blame HBA for Debuchy’s statement… Guys there’s only one guy responsible for the poor football and massive general loss of form. Yea, yea when Cabs was in the team too.

• GeordieTwo

May 27, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Is there anyone who is not frustrated on Tyneside?

• cyprus

May 27, 2014 at 7:33 PM

btw,
    correct statement by pards legal team. That kind of attitude by our loanee is ridiculous.

• Spoof

May 27, 2014 at 7:42 PM

RH

catchy is a first class tit end of, but now we are not acting like 5 year olds which we both were as I am sure you would agree, we can now debate sensibly, MYM is a mystery to me, he is quick and agile which is now needed in the PL, but he does lack concentration which is a big downside, but to no surprise he was at his best with Willo, well surprise surprise, but Willo is still shite, Mbiwa got him his standing, so why not put Saylor alongside Mbwa, Saylor good in the air, Mbiwa quick, and Saylor always is liable to weigh in with a goal or 2, so why did this not happen, PARDEW,I have always accepted his faults, never tried not too.

But there has in fairness been some good displays and sustained good form, and it cannot be denied that those coming in were not good enough, but that’s history, its the now which is important, and what I see now is not pretty, two years without a signing is a recipe for disaster, whoever the manager is.

My argument is, if you get rid of Pardew where will we be in 2 tears time, the chances are we may have slightly better football but we will be no better off, but we may go down as well, whereas if we got a new owner the chances are Pardew would go anyway but we would have a good chance of progressing which we currently don’t have, that is why I wish you and others would concentrate on what is important, Pardew is not important, Mike Ashley is everything but the longer you frustrate your anger at Pardew rather than Ashley then the likelier we are to stay as we are.. I’m not the villain m8, and even though I want Pardew sacked, he ain’t the villain either.

• beermonkey

May 27, 2014 at 7:43 PM

g2

the people on Geordie shore don’t look frustrated

• welshgeordie9

May 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM

1BandB // May 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Welshgeordie
    Make a sentence from the following: “Rope, Enough, Hang.”

Now you make a sentence from the following

Are muppet you a

Ha ha ha

• Jail for Ashley

May 27, 2014 at 7:51 PM

The only thing I can glean from the comment
    ‘they spent 100M and we spent fcuk all’ is that it is a good thing we spent fcuk all and could someone please explain to me why it is a good thing we spent fcuk all and finished tenth with the worst displays of football witnessed in the Prem.

• BandB

May 27, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Eeeh!

What a clever little boy you are.
    Ha ha ha (is anyone else laughing, apart from “Scout”.)
    If I could take Geordie Two outside and kick his dumb guts out for encouraging you, I would.

• welshgeordie9

May 27, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Why are there so many miserable people on this blog

Dear me

• Jail for Ashley

May 27, 2014 at 7:54 PM

welsh,
    We have a poster called BRUTOON from India who is pretty pointless but at least he seems to have some form of opinion, please do tell what is the point of you being on here.

• scout

May 27, 2014 at 7:55 PM

JfA
    The comment was a reaction to someone comparing us to Spurs. One spends nothing the other spends to achieve CL, cant compare the two.

• welshgeordie9

May 27, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Bandb

There’s only me and GeordieTwo that’s got a sense of humor on this blog

• BandB

May 27, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Welsh,

I am absolutely sure Geordie Two will take that as a compliment. As you keep each other comapny through those hours when no-one else can be arsed to post.
    The horrible truth is, that you are getting a result. Whereas Geordie……………..

• Jail for Ashley

May 27, 2014 at 7:58 PM

It’s very easy to compare the two, one spends 100M trying to crack the big time, the other spend fcuk all to try and finish mid table. There, I’ve compared them and my findings are, one team has ambition and the fans onside and the other doesn’t and the fans are about to kick off.

• welshgeordie9

May 27, 2014 at 7:59 PM

if you want my opinion, look at my previous comments

• scout

May 27, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Fans about to kick off, dont make me laugh

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 27, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Debuchy starting for France tonight .

Must say the Germans are my pick for the world cup but I’m gunna stick a cheeky tenner on France as they have a brilliant squad .

How we are ranked above them I will never know .

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 27, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Also if we fail to bring in Grenier I would love us to go for Valbuena . Fantastic player .

• scout

May 27, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Some might say it was stupidity to attempt a midtable finish spending nothing???

• jazzyp

May 27, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Davide Santon ready to commit future to Newcastle despite interest from AC Milan

Davide Santon is ready to commit his future to Newcastle despite persistent advances from AC Milan.

Santon’s manager Renzo Contratto says a new deal’s been tabled for the 23-year-old Italian defender to stay on at St James’s Park.

‘Santon is happy at Newcastle and has just been offered a new contract,’ Contratto told ASRadioRoma. ‘Other teams want him? They’re just rumours.’

Santon has appeared 93 times for the Magpies since signing from Inter Milan in 2011 but has been the constant subject of rumours for a return to his home nation.

• lesh

May 27, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Spurs onto their umpteenth manager now with Pinnochio having signed up.

Doubtless Southampton’ll milk them dry for any of their players he wants to take with him.

• Jail for Ashley

May 27, 2014 at 8:08 PM

welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 6:22 PM

hello everyone it’s my first time on this blog so please be nice to me
    welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 6:29 PM
    i hate it when people say that

welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 6:34 PM

When people say something and it always end with the words
    Is to good for Ashley

welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM

1BandB // May 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Welshgeordie
    Make a sentence from the following: “Rope, Enough, Hang.”

Now you make a sentence from the following

Are muppet you a

Ha ha ha

welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Why are there so many miserable people on this blog

Dear me

There you go welsh, a summary of your pointless contribution to this blog in the last two hours.

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 27, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Santon is a puzzling one for me .

Not the best defender but has a great engine and is great going forward (Although I would like him to use his left foot more and develop his final ball) .

For me its the system we use that doesn’t play to his strengths at all . If we played like Everton with our fullbacks basically being wingers then he could thrive, but in Pardews ultra-defensive style he gets found out way too often .

• scout

May 27, 2014 at 8:10 PM

JfA
    why dont you say what you really think?

• jazzyp

May 27, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Big Pappa
    I personally would like to see Hadaira developed as our left back, As I see more potential and a position he can make his own.
    Santon although has massive potential is a strange enigma as he’s been played in multiple positions but failed to shine in any

• jazzyp

May 27, 2014 at 8:16 PM

If Krull’s apparent statement on exiting incoming signings this summer, Then maybe that is why all our players are starting to come out and commit there future to Nufc

• Jail for Ashley

May 27, 2014 at 8:16 PM

scout,
    I’m not sure what you mean, I pretty much say what I think everytime I post on here and I now think most people are in agreement that we are going nowhere under Mike Ashley, I don’t know why you made the comment ‘don’t make me laugh’ I think Pardew will feel the full force of a backlash unless they do something spectacular in the window and he doesn’t come out from the blocks fast, even if he does another defeat from the mackems will see him confined to his dugout.

• welshgeordie9

May 27, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Jail for Ashley
    May 27, 2014

well considering there’s nothing to talk about as the season as finished, and pardew and Ashley are still here and to be honest it’s pointless talking about transfers at the moment what else is there to do, and those comments I’ve made was just tonight how about going over the comments I’ve made in the last couple of months.

You must have a lot of time on your hands looking back to what I’ve been saying

Besides all you and some of the others do is moan, it’s only me and GeordieTwo brightens up this blog

1 2 3 5