The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Youngster Wants To Start Every Game – Is Compromise Possible?

5:12 pm, Wednesday, May 28th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 152 Comments

Alan Pardew will need to make some decision on James Tavernier this summer, and certainly as we heard this morning Rotherham manager Steve Evans wants to keep him at Rotherham – either on loan or a permanent deal.

james tavernier with fans after rotherham recah wembley

James Tavernier – celebrates with Millers’ fans
After reaching the Championship play-off final at Wembley

And he’s been a fan favorite at Rotherham with his five goals in 28 appearances for the Millers, and he was in good form again on Sunday at Wembley, when Rotherham won the play-off final against Leyton Orient on penalties, after drawing 2-2 after 90 minutes and after extra time –  and yes – he put his penalty away in masterful style.

This is what James has said in the Chronicle today:

“It all comes down to Newcastle and Rotherham.” “And if anything can be done.” “I’ve loved it here.” “The fans have been terrific, I’d love it – to move to Rotherham.¨

“The Championship is a great level and it can only progress me even more.¨ “If I have to go to the Championship to get regular football then yeah, I will do it.” “I’ve got a year left.¨

“I just have to see what happens in the summer.¨ “I’ve been at Newcastle a long time so I need to have a conversation with Newcastle.¨ “And see what has to be said.¨

“I’ll just take it from there.” “I want to be a regular starter.¨ “I want to start every game.¨ “That’s why I came here to Rotherham. “They put faith in me and I’ve paid it back to them.”

Those are good comments from James, and here’s a player who simply wants to play football every week – whatever that level is given the skills and capabilities he has – and you cannot argue too much with that approach.

Tavernier has been given some chances at Newcastle by Alan Pardew, but that was when he played 8 times in the successful 2011-2012 season, but it’s hard for him to start at Newcastle at right-back, with French International Mathieu Debuchy one of our best players.

Maybe a good compromise for next season is to let James go out on loan to Rotherham for the full season, and then see how he does – he will then become a free agent next summer – but Rotherham will still need to pay Newcastle some compensation, because he’s been brought through the Newcastle Youth system.

Its obvious from his very good form at Rotherham this year, that James has a good career ahead of him in football. and the only question is whether that will be in the Premier League or not, and with Newcastle United or not.

What do you think?

Tags: James Tavernier · Newcastle U21 · Premier League

152 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I’m not in a position to comment.

• 2 Graeme // May 28, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Why not extend his contract for 2 or 3 years then send him back to Rotherham. If he continues to make similar progress, he could well end up in our 1st team or FCB can cash him in.

• 3 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Greame,
    That’s what I was thinking but Mashers will be scared in case Rotherham pull out of the deal and god forbid we end up with two right backs.

• 4 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 5:24 PM

ae

• 5 Online Guy // May 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Vince is a pauper when compared to Ashley’s personal wealth ..Ashley is supposedly worth 3 billion now…and we have 98 million in the coffers . that’s TV money and cab’s transfer dosh..that’s without what we should be spending each season’s window …We are still under financial constraints ..some of the lesser clubs in the prem spent the forthcoming/got, Tv money already before it was banked start of season just gone. We still have all of our dosh ..will we spend it ?

• 6 Online Guy // May 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I feel like Mike Ashley has took a little part of my Heart away…the Fire is out for the time he has took from me, and ongoing, until He’s gone ..

That’s the way it is and that’s the way I feel.

• 7 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 28, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I thought a “pauper” was one who was supported at public expense or who’s existence is dependent on charitable assistance?

• 8 Spoof // May 28, 2014 at 5:40 PM

jesper

it is m8.

• 9 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM

that was what I thought ;)

• 10 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM

OG,
    I’m not doing a TDSarf here but all that TV money isn’t in the pot, the best way to look at it is that there’s an extra 27M TV money, we made an 8M profit last yaer after spending that money in January, my reckoning there should be about 50M give or take to spend.

• 11 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I seem to have a form of mild dyslexia as far as my a&e’s are concerned

• 12 the broons // May 28, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Is it just me that can’t wait for the world cup to start. At the minute am just kidding myself hoping Newcastle will make a signing.

• 13 Spoof // May 28, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Jail

are you sure about those figures m8, bearing in mind we got over £77m from tv and £19m from Cabaye combined with 2 years of operating profit, then I would tend to edge to OG’s estimate rather than your own, yes we have other expenses but we also have other means of income as well.

Not that it makes much difference as Ashley will not spend it, well not all of it, enough to assure against relegation but that’s the lot.

• 14 Spoof // May 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Jail@11

is that why your words are coming out all muxed ip lol

• 15 Online Guy // May 28, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Jesper/ Spoof..I am making the comparison betwixt the known wealth of the two billionaires and using the word pauper to describe the difference ..jokingly..describing the gulf in the wealth between the 2 men ..its done tongue in Cheek, so to speak ….Jesper… It might not come over that way if you take it literally, so Your Ok as I know your over in Denmark ? yes I think that’s right.. .

• 16 Online Guy // May 28, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Spoof , I threw a spanner in the works with finding out that there is a piece of land right in the middle of the leasehold that Ashley is trying to sell ..I have all the plans from Durham land registry ..its not owned by Ashley , and will hopefully make it a difficult proposition for any prospective buyer..

The road running past the Gallowgate is not owned by anybody ..not even the Council..there is no name or owner on it ..this direct from the mouth, to me, from a senior land Registry official .

I suspect its common land ..owned by and for the use of the people.

• 17 70TWO // May 28, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Debuchys comments yesterday were disingenuous, when he first started for us he was not up to speed and needed to loose weight, Pardew was right to tell him not to go beyond the ball. When he returns from the WC no doubt he will need a months recovery which is a just what Tavernier needs to prove he is worth a contract extension, otherwise sell him and give Santon the RB berth.

• 18 santonthenewmaldini // May 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Newcastle as a club should have this development route for the youngsters from about 17/18:

First year Loan – Dundee United play good football will toughen players up or Olympiakos/Panathinaikos depending on players level

Second year Loan – Rotherham play good football , now in championship and manager is prepared to play our players sorted

Third year – Should be ready to part of first team squad and make a contribution

A football manager computer game way of looking at it but there is no reason why we cannot set these links up straight away for this season coming and then build up alliances with teams in Belgium and France to get their best talent etc

• 19 Online Guy // May 28, 2014 at 6:23 PM

ED !

• 20 Spoof // May 28, 2014 at 6:25 PM

OG

I responded to Jesper before I realised where the question had came from, sorry about as it was clearly tongue in cheek.

Putting that to one side how about we run a sweep on how much of this warchest are we going to spend, rules are easy, what we spend minus what we sell from today, I will go for +£15m, with the remaining £50/60/70/80m or whatever amount it may be miraculously just vanishing, but come the next released figures I bet the alleged debt to Ashley is still the same !, what do you reckon ?

• 21 Online Guy // May 28, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Sorry….

• 22 beermonkey // May 28, 2014 at 6:27 PM

online guy

why post the link i got excited then for a sec

• 23 Spoof // May 28, 2014 at 6:29 PM

thats a tw-ts trick, for a few seconds I was 20 years younger, now that the realisation has set in I am now 5 years older lol

• 24 Online Guy // May 28, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Aye spoof

The dosh he saves on advertising is a hefty lump each season …I recon it comes under unfair trading in some respects/guise ..amazing how the benefit he receives for SD is not offset by the intrest on the loan and the loan diminishing by a few million annually ..the debt stays right up there ..reckons the advertising free is just servicing the intrest on his pretend loan …wah , its a long story now ..convoluted, in cahoots, and a massive CON. what a greedy Man.

• 25 Online Guy // May 28, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Beer ..it was ED wot done it !

Sorry though ..just dreaming.

• 26 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Spoof,
    There is 77M TV money, but there is only an extra 27M from last year, I think the TV money as a whole is a misconception.

• 27 Spoof // May 28, 2014 at 6:45 PM

What about stating that cups aren’t a priority, they were careful how they worded that and they had to be, basically they want to be knocked out of them as there is no gain for them, but if a player throw’s a match he gets done, but bye saying not a priority that doesn’t mean throwing it, but realistically that is there wish, it’s pathetic, they should still get done by the FA for bringing the game into disrepute as they are not encouraging the players to do their best as it could conflict with the owners wishes, how can a player perform at his best when he knows that the owner doesn’t really want them to win, it has to be a conflict, the FA should hammer him.

• 28 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 6:47 PM

beermonkey,
    Look at the date on it, it was an April fools post a few years back.

• 29 beermonkey // May 28, 2014 at 6:52 PM

jail
    saw the first bit didn’t read it all before i got all excited
    then i read it and was slightly miffed

• 30 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 6:53 PM

beermonkey,
    When it was first posted a few years back more than a few people were miffed !

• 31 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // May 28, 2014 at 6:58 PM

OG…that’s right mate :)

…I probably took it literally! lol

• 32 kevymartins // May 28, 2014 at 7:10 PM

See the video EA put up. Holland vs france Newcastle game of fifa.

De Jong and Krul vs Mbiwa and haidara.

It’s on fbook group ea sports fifa

• 33 Ian Toon // May 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Looking at the April Fool Post, I came across a post from a football fan who had something of interest to offer. In fact the posts were really quite entertaining.
    For younger fans, this really was an historic toon win which pretty much kept us out of the then third division. The following season KK aided by SJH started to work the magic.

bills-son was a good contributor to the blog and his historically extolling of passion for the toon really in line with my own thinking. At present the chaff on here is in danger of clogging the whole medium and the less time reading such clueless drivel the more enriched life will be. That’s just my opinion.

16bills-son // Apr 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    The Wolves game reminds me of the home game against Portsmouth in Keegans first season as manager. We were facing relegation to the 3rd division and a defeat would have left us right in the caccy.

The crowd were sh%tting themselves everytime Portsmouth attacked and we nearly blew the roof off the stand when ‘Ned’ Kelly blasted a goal into the top corner with about 10 mins to go. Those last 10 mins were almost unbearable, the crowd and the players were panicking until the ref finally blew the whistle.

That result set us up for avoiding relegation and I reckon the Wolves game is without doubt the biggest of the year so far. Win and we are 90% safe, lose and we are 90% in the caccy.

HWTL.

• 34 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Ian Toon,

“At present the chaff on here is in danger of clogging the whole medium and the less time reading such clueless drivel the more enriched life will be. ”

I called you a pseud recently.

Sorry.

I meant pompous pseud.

• 35 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Ian Toon,
    After you spent months with at least two user accounts talking to yourself and bigging yourself up with your alter ego, using one of those accounts to abuse other posters on the sly, you have no right or credibility to judge other peoples posts as clueless drivel.

• 36 welshgeordie9 // May 28, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Ian Toon
    May 28, 2014

i think you are in the doghouse

• 37 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 7:30 PM

So Benny, Ryan Taylor, Sammi, and Jonas are entering the final year of their contracts. Surely Jonas is done with us? For the others it’s a make or break year. Benny is probably gone and it’s time for Sammy to step up. Raylor might get a 1 or 2 year extension if he has recovered from the injury. More players to make decisions about Alan.

• 38 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I see Poyet got a new contract (surprisingly not an 8 year one! since they’re all the rage) :) with Sunderland. They also signed Billy Jones from West Brom. How are wor signings coming Alan. You can talk to free agents you know. Surely we’ll want several of those as the owner is hard up?

• 39 welshgeordie9 // May 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Good evening GeordieTwo and how are you today

• 40 Ian Toon // May 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM

BandB- Your perfectly entitled to your opinion. The blog does provide the ability to respond to our critics, admirers or interrogators, if we wish.
    I personally find tedious repetition, obvious inaccuracy, and babble of every kind a plain boring read. Clearly there’s no accounting for taste. I am painfully aware sometimes of myself producing commentary that answers to this description. In such cases I value responses from those who know more and understand better.

• 41 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Ian

Have a word with yourselves will you?

I know who the “chaff” are in your eyes. They are the people who make a cogent, well-expressed case for themselves. But with whom you (and your silly made-up friends) disagree.

Making you a long-winded version of Welshgeordie.

So, without causing them too much cringing
    embarrassment….who do you regard as the “wheat” on this blog?

• 42 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 7:35 PM

BandB,
    Good evening, here I was minding my own business waiting for the Helicopter that never came, posting on a very quiet time here, all of a sudden, out of the blue Ian Toon copies and pastes one of my comments twice to make it look like I’m repeating the same sh!te, why would you do that ?

• 43 the truth will out // May 28, 2014 at 7:36 PM

more barley than wheat

• 44 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Would we get 5M for Benny after this last disastrous year with us? He can play. He has shown it. But he has to be used properly not as some kind of defensive midfielder with no attacking plan built around him. His attitude and fitness have deteriorated as well unfortunately. Needs a fresh start with an attacking minded team.

• 45 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Ian,

Have you ever seen Edward Scissorhands?
    Perhaps you could Google it. Or your Dad could fill you in.
    One of the characters is a malignant dwarf of a person who has it in for Edward. She hangs around like a bad smell, creeping people out and saying things like: “He is the spawn of the devil.” And: “The wheat shall be winnowed from the chaff.”
    She is meant to be a grotesque and laughable caricature.
    But it turns out she is just a pale prototype of you.

• 46 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I am excellent welshie. Ah yes I was going to give you more advice on romance. I have some excellent chat up lines that I have collected over the years. This is an excellent one. “Your lips are like two small brussel sprouts just waiting to be buttered and nibbled on.” Very few lasses can resist that one mate!

• 47 Ian Toon // May 28, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Jail – It’s all a figment of your imagination. I have long ceased to concern myself with your lies and embittered comments. Whilst I did regret that Ibizatoon came to believe your lies and concoctions your opinion never touched base. I have only ever posted under my own name. Whereas you have posted under two– remember RAJ.

• 48 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Jail

No idea.

Maybe he has a problem with duplication?

Maybe that nasty Jailses has stolen his precious and he wantses it back?

• 49 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 7:48 PM

I have the precious and nobody’s getting it back BandB. It comes in handy when I’m being chased by my various detractors. Still, I feel a visit to Mt. Doom with Ashley might be worthwhile.

• 50 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 7:49 PM

I could handle having my finger bitten off if Mike fell in the lava afterwards.

• 51 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Ian Toon,
    Raj of Hailsey is an anagram of Jail for Ashley and was done in a comical send up of ‘it aint half hot mum’ and was only done as a laugh to prove how easy it was to have a multiple account, and like you I tripped up when talking to Ibiza I posted under my name in an Indian type post, remember when you forgot to log in under your different account and started talking to yourself, Ciaran had found the very time, quite embarrassing really.

• 52 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Also welshie, you should watch Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid. Steve Martin really knows how to romance a woman. Beautiful.

• 53 toonarmydownsouth // May 28, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Lots to talk about then!

Ian
    Maybe it’s time to get rid of this version of a “purples posters” list?

A long winded and well worded post is no more accurate or factual than a short to the point rant
    There both no more than opinion
    Instead of judging the quality of others posts, perhaps start posting opinion again rather than copying and pasting others as they were mostly a good read regardless if the opinion was agreed with or not

• 54 Online Guy // May 28, 2014 at 7:54 PM

I could accept the downside and disappointments of Newcastle United , but cannot accept the shit via Pardew’s mouth. If only they, and he, did not twist and lie about issues that crop up , and made honest and true statements..They really do speak down to uz

Cannot take the Doublespeak. Pardew is Mr Doublespeak ..the term fits him perfectly

• 55 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Let’s just get on with having fun shall we lads? I would hate to have to withdraw all your Manly Men memberships if you continue to squabble on here. Remember, a manly man is honest, witty, and wise. Just follow my example. Huzzah!

• 56 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Copying and pasting twice !!!

• 57 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 7:56 PM

G2,

We hobbits have to stick together. It seems it is Ruddy who stole the ring that made Ian Toon and his little chums invisible.
    Good luck with getting it back from him.

When does the world cup start?
    Our business will be wrapped up by then.
    If it isn’t already.
    They could at least claim to have told the truth.
    Scarey thought……

• 58 welshgeordie9 // May 28, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Jail for Ashley

You’re like a stuck record, give it a rest

• 59 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:00 PM

This is terrible news BandB mate. I bought this ring from Ibiza with full assurances of its authenticity. Is that how he was able to afford that long trip to the US last year? Harrumph!

• 60 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Does anybody have an opinion on wor squad as it stands now? Where would we finish next season with the players we have under contract? It looks a bit grim to me even if Ashley decides to lash out and bring in 2 free agents and a couple of loan players at tremendous expense to himself!

• 61 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 8:02 PM

G2

You accepted provenance from Ibizatoon?
    Who sells holiday lets?
    You deserve everything you get!

• 62 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Now what am I going to do with this ring? Is it even real gold? It seems to be turning my finger green. Hmmm.

• 63 Online Guy // May 28, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Ian toon ,

I have never had the pleasure of addressing you in the past and stay sort of neutral on a lot of your post’s Neither objecting, nor for , most of the time ..

I now find myself saying to you that you have come over rather Dickensian in your writing, and approach, to wit.

What’s your thought’s on the new right back at the Old Corinthian’s ..Whatto ?

• 64 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Oh well, I can always sell it to beermonkey! There’s always a silver lining mates! :)

• 65 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM

I’m not sure how approachable Mikey is or even who it is has to approach him these days but it dfinitely appears as though the chain of command doesn’t seem to be working properly as in players contracts running out etc, unless of course we can’t see the bigger picture and they’re planning on signing six to eight galacticos this summer.

• 66 scout // May 28, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Evening all
    Do we have any update on transfers?

• 67 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Are galacticos expensive Jail mate? We don’t want to put wor beloved owner under any stress about spending. Think free agents and loans Jail and Mike’s pulse will return to normal.

• 68 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Yes we have an update on transfers scout. There are none.

• 69 welshgeordie9 // May 28, 2014 at 8:17 PM

scout

you support newcastle what do you think

Good evening by the way

• 70 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Other clubs make plans and sign players. We make excuses and pretend to look concerned.

• 71 scout // May 28, 2014 at 8:17 PM

What would you think MA spends per month, personally??

• 72 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM

That will be enough trouble making out of you welshie. Just settle down there.

• 73 scout // May 28, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Thats true, all quiet on the western front

• 74 welshgeordie9 // May 28, 2014 at 8:20 PM

GeordieTwo
    May 28, 2014

Sorry boss

• 75 Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 28, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Tavernier image for this article… Is that Pochettino in the background in Nike top looking for his next signing???

• 76 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:20 PM

What do you mean by spend scout? He had his parents pay for his companies startup. Now he can’t seem to find their address to pay them back. He steals wood from the neighbor to put in his fireplace. His budgies have all been taken away from him so no birdseed costs. He lights the castle with candles and wears a blanket around his shoulders in winter so no heating costs. Apparently he hitchhikes to work. You see my point?

• 77 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Well harrumph, ok then welshie. It’s just that you do get out of control at times.

• 78 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Welshgeordie will now have a perfectly serious conversation with Scout.

“scout
    you support newcastle what do you think
    Good evening by the way”

This will be so laughably dumb as to drive away everyone.
    Well…..nearly everyone.
    Good luck with that manly pluckiness, old beanbag……

• 79 scout // May 28, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Not what I heard

• 80 scout // May 28, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Are you a professional bore or is it simply a hobby b and b.

• 81 welshgeordie9 // May 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM

BandB
    May 28, 2014

i take it it’s time of the month then

• 82 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Personally I want us to re-sign Shefki Kuqi so I can do the Hoochi Kuqi next season when he scores! And think how cheap he’ll be! It’s a win-win! :lol:

• 83 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Oh by the way welshie. Extremely important point here. Have you sung Muskrat Love to your lovely lass yet?Just get close and sing it in her ear at the appropriate moment. She’ll never look at another man. Beautiful.

• 84 scout // May 28, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Thats a terrible thing to say welsh, seriously

• 85 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Do you know what makes me such an arse, son?
    Practice.
    What is your explanation?

Welsh.

Ha ha ha.

Good one!

• 86 Ian Toon // May 28, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Online- Ha Ha. Good one. I am currently reading Claire Tomalin’s ‘A life- of Charles Dickens’.

• 87 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Well I’ve got to be off and earn my keep.

• 88 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM

G2,
    According to welsh you’re the only reason he posts on here, do you fancy taking him to the other blog, he’s an absolute turd.

• 89 scout // May 28, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Night shift at the taxi office?

• 90 scout // May 28, 2014 at 8:32 PM

B and B
    how long have you been supporting the toon?
    Serious question

• 91 Ian Toon // May 28, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Tads- Anyone prepared to suffer at Brighton is OK with me.
    I always enjoy your perspective on toon football. I agreed with a comment of yours on Tim Krul’s performance at Pool- he was afraid of getting hurt and out of the World Cup.

• 92 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM

G2,

I would sacrifice the pleasure of watching you wind him up, then effing off to “earn your keep” to get rid of him too.

• 93 welshgeordie9 // May 28, 2014 at 8:35 PM

scout

Is that worse than saying the word sheep shagger i don’t think so

• 94 scout // May 28, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Who said that?

• 95 Ian Toon // May 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Welshie- I am used to those two ganging up. BandB is very protective which is a good quality. I can manage. I come from a large family.

• 96 welshgeordie9 // May 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM

scout

a few people on here, but unlike them i won’t be crying to ed

• 97 GeordieTwo // May 28, 2014 at 8:39 PM

You lads should take all my advice and you would be much less grumpy on here by the way. Everybody hum Muskrat Love to themselves beginning now until I get back! Huzzah!

• 98 scout // May 28, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Saw that picture of a bloke with a sheep on a motorbike what was that all about

• 99 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Welsh,

I have not called you anything like that. As you well know.
    Because it is dumb, racist, and not funny.
    Which is why, a day after you finally accepted that I am not “a puff”, it is hardly amazing that your teeny-weeny personality settled on a “time of the month” slur.
    The obvious thing to do here is to try to direct you back to talk about NUFC.
    But you are not interested in that, are you?

• 100 welshgeordie9 // May 28, 2014 at 8:42 PM

that’s what I’m talking about

when ed bans people on this blog which way does he do it, is it by email

• 101 welshgeordie9 // May 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM

BandB
    May 28, 2014

i wasn’t talking about you, I’ve got nothing against you

• 102 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Ian,

The day will come when I will go tits out for you too.
    You are a git.
    But a relative too :)

• 103 welshgeordie9 // May 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

if you want to talk about nufc then let’s talk, but at the minute nothing is happening there at the moment

• 104 toonarmydownsouth // May 28, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Ian
    True, not really sure Timmy really has a shout at more than 3rd choice based in this season unless Van Gaal only watched the Spurs away game!
    We have a hell of a lot of players being linked with moves away, but for me Krul is one of the easily replaceable (or should be!!) up there with HBA and Marv
    We were heavily linked with bringing Forster back, which could be a very realistic move even more so now Lennon has upped sticks
    Tbh Krul for Forster? Yeah i think we’d do well with that, he’s a hell of a lot more commanding in the area than Krul

The one thing i can’t get my head round is releasing Shola
    Not due to his abilities or lack of dependent on view but why wait until were in a position where we have only one fit(ish, looked worn down last season) in Gouffran?

• 105 Ian Toon // May 28, 2014 at 8:49 PM

scout- it was courtesy of Mr Tuff as I recall. He appears to be the sole provider of humour at present.

• 106 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM

welsh,

You touch it with a needle.
    Nothing to talk about.
    Bad karma attracts bad karma.
    Agree with few people from time to time. Even those who diss you, and those who boil your pee.
    You might start to have fun.

• 107 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 8:52 PM

TADS,

Do you think Gouffran will be listed under “striker” in August?

• 108 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 8:53 PM

tads,
    I’m not sure what Forsters contract situation is but I couldn’t see Celtic letting him go for less than 7/8M if he’s still got a couple of years left, Mikeys never going to pay that in a million years.

• 109 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Why would Forster come back?

• 110 Ian Toon // May 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

BandB- Thanks- I think! To answer your question. My all time favourite was Ibizatoon whilst he was the conductor of the orchestra. I just literarily fell about when reading his material at various times of the day. He was part of the fixtures and fittings but was corrupted by
    Your two mates.

• 111 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM

tads,I’m not entirely sure if they were meant to release Shola just a bit late in extending his contract to keep the fans quiet and now it’s backfired and he’s off, can you imagine in the middle of that run we’ve had they announced Shola was getting a new deal.

• 112 toonarmydownsouth // May 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM

JFA
    Seeing as we let him go for peanuts you’d hope we would have put in a buy back clause or sell on clause? Something? Anything?????

BandB

Well CF LWB same difference with the way were playing at the moment!

• 113 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Corrupted, you corrupted him Ian Toon.

• 114 toonarmydownsouth // May 28, 2014 at 9:00 PM

BandB
    Wasn’t there an interview or rumour or some other BS about how he’d love to return to the toon and was very keen on a move?

JFA
    True, would of been Chaos!
    Mind you rather hear we’re keeping Shola as 4th choice than Cisse as 1st….

• 115 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

tads,
    I think me too.

• 116 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Ian,

I should talk, but you need to be the more generous person you aspire to be.
    I think Ibizatoon is the best poster I have read.
    But to suggest he has been waylaid by propaganda is a huge disservice to him.
    I think you probably know that too.

• 117 Laurent Robert 32 // May 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Newcastle United = S.D. Advertising vessel.

It’s very saddening. Sad to the fans who are being brainwashed into ‘hoping’ of transfer movement when it is a mere distraction for the owner’s greater agenda. Kevin already warned us.
    Yet with Pardew in charge, new signings will be like putting make-up on a recently deceased corpse. It will only decompose further.

Ashley out, Pardew out.

• 118 Ibizatoon // May 28, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Damn you! I’m on a sabbatical!

Ian…I had hoped we had put this to rest. I am a little insulted that you feel I am that easily influenced. Ciaran is someone I communicate with outside of this blog, but he had no influence over my dealings with you.

I took your advice and wrote to Ed. I still gave you the benefit of the doubt and requested some private contact to put the matter to rest. You couldn’t give me that same benefit of the doubt and we are where we are. Not sure what more to add to that. All I will say Ian, is that like most posters on here, when you stick to your football and general banter (or pleasantries) all is good.

Anyway, sorry for the tone of the post after that compliment, thank you – this place was an easier place to be not that long ago. Those who are running our club have a lot of answering to do – they’ve broken a lot of people. How sad.

• 119 scout // May 28, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Does anyone know where I could get an england shirt with 19 on the back

• 120 toonarmydownsouth // May 28, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Ibiza
    Daaammmmnnn

Get yourself here sharpish!!

• 121 toonarmydownsouth // May 28, 2014 at 9:21 PM

• 122 toonarmydownsouth // May 28, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Wonder how this will effect Man Utd as a business?

Sad to see a few fan seemingly rejoicing about this mind

• 123 Ibizatoon // May 28, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Tads…I’m not going to lie, the urge to break in one of those new panels until I get just the right spot is tempting.

Anyway, am I right in thinking you’re the last man standing of the “down south” monikers?

Southern quitters! ;)

• 124 toonarmydownsouth // May 28, 2014 at 9:24 PM

And they clearly didn’t look hard enough in to the match fixing allegation!!!
    @Martingreen1983: Nowt dodgy going on in tonight Scotland v Nigeria game then. https://t.co/MYdYAckhai

• 125 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 9:24 PM

TADS,

I like your posts. I look forward to them and read them avidly. The blog isn’t the blog when you aren’t around.
    But….
    The Ibiza/fence thing. I’m not sure it is the sharpest observation anymore.
    I respected Ibiza when he took issue with me even breathing. I don’t respect him more greatly because we worry in equal measure these days.
    He doesn’t conduct the orchestra these days. Only a fool would pretend to be reading this song-sheet.
    This is my rather pompous response to a jokey post.
    But lesser people than you think the fence is still currency.
    And it isn’t.

• 126 Ibizatoon // May 28, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Tads…I was just looking at that headline over on SS. Thought twice about clicking the link as a thought did cross my mind that left me feeling a little ASHamed of myself…

Still, you only get what you give.

• 127 toonarmydownsouth // May 28, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Ibiza
    As far as I’m aware in the last man standing in the down south massive ;)
    Did happen to check the other blog and within a day of posting everyone else seems to of stopped
    Coincidence I’m sure though…..

Anyway lads let’s sit back enjoy the signings rolling in a look forward to some very positive football next seas……….ah who am I kidding

• 128 Ibizatoon // May 28, 2014 at 9:28 PM

BandB…It was never your breathing. Just your dislike of smileys (the temptation now is great, but I can resist).

Hope all is well.

Dinner is served for me, so I’ll catch up with you all soon no doubt.

Can someone play me out?

• 129 toonarmydownsouth // May 28, 2014 at 9:29 PM

BandB
    No slur on his opinions, just an old joke where I’d link him pictures of the latest and greatest fence panels
    No more than that

• 130 Ibizatoon // May 28, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Tads…So you’re part of the tiny massive? Something is amiss here good sir :)

Take it easy, don’t you stay up all night waiting for transfer news!

• 131 scout // May 28, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Not feeling the love on here, didnt mean to wind anyone up. Catch you later all. Be good

• 132 toonarmydownsouth // May 28, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Ibiza
    iM not sure i understAnd your point!

Its alwayS harD to say goodbye mind

• 133 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Ibizatoon is sloping off for supper.
    Which has been MADE for him.
    Disgusting!
    If you ask me.
    I guess he means some kind of cantina he goes to.

I hope he is eating it right now.
    Instead of checking his mobile…

• 134 Online Guy // May 28, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Iantoon @ 86

Nail on head then ..my assumption that you had a style, and, demeanour, not unlike, Charlie, in writing in a Dickensian way ,was-was almost telepathic . Considering you are reading at this present time, the great man’s work . See what you have done though, my good man ? I am now writing in such a non Geordie fashion. .

Although I just got dragged out to Waitrose and I am a little dishevelled and slumped in one’s posture..just sat down after open wallet surgery.

• 135 firebug666 // May 28, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I really miss what this blog use to be, when you could read or get involved with a good debate about football, and life at Newcastle United.

Ok so the last couple of seasons have been pitiful, and Pardrew is still here. Things are falling apart at Newcastle and now the fans are turning on each other, bickering over stupid reasons.

Surly with the club in such turmoil the fans should be pulling together and try to get the club to bring in new signings instead of sitting an waiting for nothing to happen and then bickering with each other some more.

If the fans want to see changes we won’t see it if we stand divided, we must find common ground to come together and force change until then we will always just be an also ran club sitting somewhere between 10th and relegation.

This blog use to be strong, had good posters and a good following, now it is just a sad reflection of the mayhem that is haunting our club.

Sorry but that’s just how I feel.

• 136 scout // May 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I hear you firebug agree totally
    very sad about mr Glazier RIP

• 137 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Firebug,
    Unfortunately there is nothing to talk about at the moment and there are no Mashley supporters left to get a bit of debate going, everyone has given up defendending Pardew and therefore there’s no to have a go at the Pardew lovers, although reading catchy and Rotonda you wouldn’t think so, we’re being dragged through the mill each window and the football is dross and the ambition worse, it really is a sorry state we seem to be in.

• 138 Big Pappa Cissé // May 28, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Anyone else feeling envious that our owner is still alive ? .

• 139 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 10:45 PM

If it wasn’t for all the true fans who get squeamish (and, from memory, just a trifle violent) at the notion that the club isn’t infallible, where would we be, eh!

Lets talk football everyone.
    How do we think Ash is going to spend this £60m pot? It must be a challenge for Europe, mustn’t it?
    Stands to reason, dunnit?
    Huge ambition everywhere to be seen.
    I refuse to accept anything else could be true. The very notion offends me.

• 140 Mister Tuff // May 28, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I have to say that Ian Toon is correct in stating that I am the current provider of quality humour and gags on the blog. Geordie2 comes an admirable second.

• 141 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Tuff,

I need your assistance.
    Urgently.
    Just reading your name has made my sides split.

• 142 BandB // May 28, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Don’t fret folks.
    Ambulance on the way.
    I know a double hernia when I see one.
    Nighty night.

• 143 Mister Tuff // May 28, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Ibiza @128 -going for supper and wanting to be played out. I will oblige -it will be a pleasure:-

• 144 the truth will out // May 28, 2014 at 11:25 PM

he can certainly get a lot of greggs for 60 mill

• 145 jimmysmith // May 28, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I’d say fence sitting is actually very much an option right now at Newcastle, if you’re capable of stomaching WONGA and forgiving the decision to change the ground name now that it’s been changed back. There a couple of large broken eggs among a slew of smaller ones, but there is still time to make an omelet, possibly the right time, all things considered. I’m bruised and battered but not entirely without hope, because of the fans finding their voice and the money being there to spend. It’s a question of keeping the bastards honest, as I see it.

• 146 RonVanDam // May 28, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Nicklas Bendtner is a free agent. Why havent arent we liked with him lol.

If MA keeps all his cash in a savings account, and uses the interest he makes on it to buy players, we’ll have a lot more quality in the team. Half the team is filled with championship players.

• 147 jimiley // May 29, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Keep the faith in big Mike spending 20 million of his 4,000 million on the Toon in the summer to win us the league. The good times are coming back.

• 148 jimmysmith // May 29, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Good article about Mirandinha at Newcastle and England’s prospects playing in Manaus.

• 149 Mister Tuff // May 29, 2014 at 1:02 AM

jimmysmith – just checked out your Guardian link -absolutely tremendous – young Gazza – and the first Brazilian to play in England -at the Toon. Good days probably never to be repeated under Mr Tubbs regime.

• 150 thai-mag // May 29, 2014 at 3:20 AM

I see Sunderland and West Ham are in for Gomis, it just gets more embarrassing by the day to see how our club is being run

• 151 Thump // May 29, 2014 at 6:22 AM

@Mister Tuff: Good days? We were relegated the following season and then lost to Sunderland in the playoffs the season after that. Not sure if I’d call them “good” mate!

There again, hindsight is 20/20.

• 152 Lilongwe Geordie // May 29, 2014 at 8:20 AM

We want £3million for Marveaux according to the Journal!!! Based on what?? If that is the going rate for a play who has barely played in three years and was a free, then the regime can hardly quibble when Montpellier say they want closer to £14million for Cabella!!

I mean seriously, we want 3 for Marveax, and only bid 6 (depending on truth of news stories) for Cabella!!

previous post: Newcastle Top Target Open To Move