The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Sissoko Issues Positive Statement On Newcastle United

2:54 pm, Monday, June 2nd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 150 Comments

Moussa Sissoko was rumored to want away from Newcastle a couple of weeks ago, when supposed comments from his agent were published that said his contract ran out next summer, which was false, but Moussa  came out the following day and said he had no intentions  of leaving Newcastle, and that he was hoping that next season the club can again push for a top six finish, which we achieved a short two years ago.

moussa sissoko hull goal

Moussa Sissoko – upbeat on Newcastle

Newcastle have Mathieu Debuchy and Moussa Sissoko in the French squad, and Tim Krul is in the Dutch squad, and Cheick Tiote is in the Ivory Coast squad, and we are hoping that veteran striker Shola Ameobi, who will leave Newcastle next month after playing 14 years in the first team, gets into the 23 man Nigerian squad,  which will be announced later today.

And unluckily, 21 year-old center-back  Curtis Good of Newcastle was left out of the Australian squad because of that hip injury of his, and that must have been a tough blow for the young Aussie.

This is what Moussa has said today:

“It can give everyone associated with Newcastle confidence, because it shows we have a great squad here.¨ “Having players at the World Cup can only help in pushing this club forward.”

“It would be another one of my dreams come true.¨ “My first was to become a professional footballer, the second was to play for my county, and going to the World Cup is my third dream.¨

“I hope I am lucky enough to be selected to play.”

Those are positive words from the powerful Newcastle midfielder, who was one of the few players last season to have a good season in the famous black and white shirts of Newcastle United.

And it’s good to hear a bit of positivity (is that a word?) for a change, and especially coming from one of our best players.

Tags: International News · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · World Cup 2014

150 responses so far ↓

• 1 the truth will out // Jun 2, 2014 at 2:57 PM

is he high on crack

• 2 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Two threads back regarding the transfer policy, I do feel we are being too harsh on Mike Ashley, it has often been suggested that we do have quite a sizeable transfer budget, you know what I believe them, and I blame other clubs for not accepting our pathetic offers as being the main reason why the budget is still sitting their and not being spent, so I feel we should send Ashley a thank you present for making such huge funds available and give all the other clubs a right ticking off for refusing to sell their players at half of their value, would you not agree, so how much do we contribute for the whip round and what do we get Mr Ashley as a present ( this could be interesting )

• 3 the truth will out // Jun 2, 2014 at 3:13 PM

a giant butt plug

• 4 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 3:27 PM

ouch

• 5 welshgeordie9 // Jun 2, 2014 at 3:28 PM

See why can’t everyone on here be happy like sissoko

Happy happy happy

• 6 beermonkey // Jun 2, 2014 at 3:38 PM

welsh

if we all earned what sissoko earned than I am sure most would be a lot happier

• 7 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 2, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Welsh…you need to lay off the Prozac!

• 8 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 3:49 PM

welsh

words are meaningless m8, look at Suarez last summer he was determined to go but Liverpool wouldn’t sell so he signed a new contract on more money as he was “happy” at Liverpool, but now he is sending come and get me plea’s to Real Madrid, yeah, he must be really happy ?

• 9 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM

welsh

by the way I am happy, I’m so happy that I want to buy Mike Ashley a thank you present, as you can see @2

• 10 welshgeordie9 // Jun 2, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Well it could be worse that statement could have said i want to leave, as long as sissoko, tiote, and Debuchy stays and build a squad around them, then I will be happy.

• 11 Graeme // Jun 2, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Spoof @ 2 – How about a ride on a Saturn 5 Rocket – strapped to the nose cone so he gets a great view on the way up!!!!

• 12 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 3:59 PM

not so sure, he has been on the way up for a while whilst we have been on the way down for a while, we need a reverse, but very good try.

• 13 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 2, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Graeme…a bit like Dr. Strange Love? ;)

• 14 Our Toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Why buy players when the punters still turn up in there droves? MA isn’t daft, if we had fans not turning up to games this fool would dig deep into his pockets and ensure we sign 1 or 2 key players which will bring the sheep back.

Next Seasons feelings and management:
    Disillusioned, unhappy, no ambition, no strategy, poor manager, shocking performances, dull football, Plan B = hoofball, shocking substitutions, poor decisions around starting 11…..50k still attending though, lambs to the slaughter.

2 transfer windows without a permanent signing and things look even worse now…..stop condoning this regime by attending games. I gave up my ticket which I held for 15 years and have vowed never to go back till these idiots have gone. I understand some of you have paid good money and it won’t be fully refunded but if I went to watch some of the SHITE on show at SJP I’d walk out rather than waste my time, restore some self-pride.

• 15 Whumpie // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Anyone who thinks rich people are happier needs to spend some time with the miserable gits.

Anyway…

Moussa’s saying all the right things, but unless the club is actually sealing deals in the background and holding off announcing anything until the window opens… those world cup players are going to be working with our development squad next season because there will be nobody else left.

Surely even Ashley has realised that the main impact of the TV money is that player transfer fees and wages will rocket? What is the point of offering €8m for Cabella, for example, if you know other clubs can afford a lot more, and his club knows how desperate we are?

The whole model is starting to rip at the seams at the moment. Either they pull some huge deals off very quickly, or they’d better start planning for the Championship again.

As long as that meant a new owner, right now I’d take it.

• 16 Graeme // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Spoof, there is no reverse on a Saturn 5 – just aim it at the moon and let it rip!!!

• 17 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM

that reminds me of a song “fly me to the moon”, in your case it would be him to the moon, yeah that sounds good, but who the hell sang that song ?

• 18 the truth will out // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM

well said

• 19 the truth will out // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM

not a penny more till they are gone

• 20 Whumpie // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Our Toon – I admire your resolve and wish more had it in them.

You’re quite right – all these posts on here shouting about what the club needs to do in order to progress… when it’s very obvious that the club DOESN’T WANT TO PROGRESS!

That’s why I’d actually take a relegation next year if it brought a change of ownership. I’d rather take a big fall and try to climb back up again than not try to win anything. Ever.

That’s what the “fans” handing their money over don’t seem to get. They are paying to prolong a situation where they spend their money and time supporting a club which has openly said they are not going to try to win anything.

What the hell is the point of that? Why would you do it?

• 21 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Whumpie, I have been skint and miserable for donkeys years, but I won the lottery last week and I am now on cloud nine.

I didn’t really win the lottery, I am just in a good mood for the first time since 20th July 1983, don’t ask be what happened that day as I may blush !

• 22 lesh // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Spoof…….

Fly Me To The Moon – written by Bart Howard in 1954 and originally sung by Kaye Ballard and Andy Williams, Sinatra et al.

Now if there is life on the moon, they’d soon be arranging forward travel arrangements for him!

Uranus or Hisanus?

• 23 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Our Toon

I also gave up my ticket for last season, but we still cannot knock those who still go, you and I deal with it as we see fit, with what we are comfortable with, others will have there way of showing their dissatisfaction, did you not feel guilty buy not walking out at the Cardiff game because you weren’t there to show your dissatisfaction, I bloody well did.

• 24 lesh // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Spoof – Fly me to the moon written by Bart Howard in 1954 and originally sung by Kaye Ballard with Andy Williams Sinatra at al covering it.

Just think that any life on the moon’ll soon be making onward travel arrangements for him but where to?

Mars, Venus, Saturn, Uranus, Hisanus?

• 25 Our Toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Whumpie

Last season was so difficult for me because I had become accustomed to going to games both home and away, never missed a game in 15 years until Citeh match which was 1st game of season. Although it was tough I took a stand and did so because I was fuelling a regime which was only in it for itself, I can support the lads just as much from a TV screen, my love for the club will never die but the only way to fight a CANCEROUS regime is by cutting off the vocal support at the games and in stores. I hear things like it won’t make a difference, well I believe it will….players won’t want to play for a club that doesn’t pay them well and a club that struggles to fill a stadium, we won’t pay for mercenaries either so all that’s left is the honest grafters who quite frankly won’t be good enough. PLAYER POWER IS BIG IN FOOTBALL BUT DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF FANS

Clubs cant exist without a fan base….FACT

• 26 beermonkey // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:25 PM

are season ticket sales actually down

• 27 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:29 PM

lesh

that’s it, Andy Williams is the one who I associate with the song, what a song and what a voice, it was really bugging me as I just couldn’t get the name into my head, cheers m8 your a good un, I don’t believe what the others say about you, for me your a good un !!!!!

By the way, his anus to uranus or to anywhere for that matter, anywhere but here ?

• 28 Our Toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Spoof

I personally think the walk out between the 60th-69th minute was a complete waste of time, fans attended 3 quarters of the game, no doubt they bought a pie and pints etc at HT. MA must have found it hilarious, would it not have had a bigger effect if everyone walked out as soon as the ref blew to kick the game off?

Some fans I’ve spoken to have said they’d still attend games as they would miss the ritual of having pints with mates etc irrelevant of whats happening on the pitch, I don’t call that support mate, I call that selfishness and self fulfillment.

• 29 Average_Contents // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Beermonkey

The club stated that season ticket sales are down around 6% which is average according to them but as this information is from them, well I don’t believe it

• 30 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Our Toon

who sent out the biggest message, those who walked out or you and I for not attending, I saw those who walked out on MOTD, I do not recall seeing or hearing either you or I getting a mention for our protest, to be heard you have got to be seen, where better to be seen than at SJP, like I say I would never knock those who still prefer to go, they could be more potent than us who don’t go.

• 31 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Loved the transfer policy article Ed! Huzzah!
    “We’ve got NoNuts!
    We’ve got NoNuts!
    Nobody else has NoNuts!”

• 32 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:41 PM

In all seriosity I am getting more and more concerned about the state of the club. Others are already making moves. So far we’ve signed a second division Spanish 20 year old (apparently) and Cacapa! :shock: Is our business over then? What is Alan up to? Shining Mike’s shoes?

• 33 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:42 PM

An official Southampton statement said: “Southampton Football Club can confirm that we have received multiple offers for some of our players in the past weeks.

“This is a confirmation of the depth of the development that is ongoing in our academy and of the present standing of our first team within the Premier League.

“We are staying true to our plan and vision and, as a result, we have no need to accept any offers. We are deep in the process of appointing a new manager who will continue to move our club forward. It remains our preference not to partake in any transfers until the new manager is in place.

“Our scouting and recruitment department continues to monitor targets we have identified to improve our squad, and the new manager will have final input into our recruitment process.”

Saints paid tribute to Lambert, who helped the south coast club return to the top flight from League One, after the Liverpudlian returned to Anfield.

Lambert is understood to have signed a two-year deal, for a transfer worth around £4m, with the club who released him as a 15 year-old.

“There may be circumstances under which the club will feel it is right for a player to move on. Those circumstances have to be right for the club and the player. This is the case with Rickie’s move to Liverpool,” Southampton’s statement continued.

“When Rickie Lambert requested to leave for Liverpool, the club felt it could not stand in the way of having him fulfil his boyhood dream of playing at home.

Surely this comes across as much more professional than “we tried to keep our players but we was always at the mercy of them big clubs we just can’t compete innit”

• 34 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:46 PM

GT

people misunderstand our transfer policy, have a look @2 and you will see why we should be buying Mike a thank you present!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 35 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I demand all French clubs indicate their willingness to sell us excellent young players on the cheap! It’s essential to our progress next season! Don’t they understand that? Harrumph!

• 36 Tayls // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Super Mario Ballotelli is available for 20 million. We can all dream hahahaha.

• 37 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Yes Spoofy mate. Vis a vis your post @2 see my post @35! Huzzah! It’s all part of a very cunning Ashley plan. Why don’t these other clubs finally come to their senses and cooperate with us?

• 38 Tayls // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:52 PM

What’s worse is Fat Freddie Shepherd would of bought him in an instant. We all know a football club should be financially stable but how risk free are we to operate?

• 39 Our Toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Spoof

What was the message that those fans sent out to the masses? It was a nonsensical walkout mate, they had already spent money at HT, ppl walking out on 69th minute, which was shown for all of 2 seconds and was hardly discussed.

I’m not protesting to make noises in the press or to make a point to mainstream media, I’m not attending games or renewing my season ticket to make my feelings clear to this regime not to make it clear for MOTD.

You honestly think it was better for the walkout to take place on the 69th minute or do you think it would have been better if they didn’t turn up or just walked out as soon as the ref blew to kick the game off? I guarantee you that 95% of fans that walked out on the 69th minute spent money at HT which completely defies the reason why they walked out, the media also looked at the walkout as a direct attack on Pards rather than the main issue which is the owner!!

Answer to your question is that we had a bigger effect as we didnt spend any money and got our message to the regime….who btw still send me letters to say that I can have a season ticket at a ridiculously cheaper price because of loyalty over the years!!

• 40 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Tadsy that is just disgusting, that statement from Southampton mate! How dare they try to run a football club properly when the Ashley Plan is out there and so successful? It just boils me piss it does!

• 41 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:54 PM

I’m not sure how risk free we should operate Tayls mate, but how risk free is being relegated by not spending properly on incoming?

• 42 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:55 PM

tads

is it not meaningless words though, not standing in his way or at the mercy of the big clubs mean’s the same thing, do you really care how articulate the message is, sorry m8 but I don’t really see the relevance of the message.

yay and nay ya and ya ?

• 43 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:55 PM

G2
    The sad thing is they really are in the position to say sell 2-3 star players
    Why?
    Because unlike us they have already started to bring through the youngsters and are demanding huge fees for big players which they have reassured fans will be re invested into the squad
    Sad stuff

• 44 Graeme // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:55 PM

TADS @ 33 – A lot of clubs, like Southampton have a bit of class about them. Unfortunately FCB, P45DUE have no idea what that means!!!

• 45 kevymartins // Jun 2, 2014 at 4:58 PM

@Graeme Southampton will have nothing by the time the window shuts. Already lost there top 3 players.

• 46 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Aaaaooooggaaa! Aaaaooooogaaah! Important News Flash! Alan Pardew seen following Jack Colback down the street in Sunderland begging him to come play for us. Colback demanded a wage of 35K a week and Alan rushed off weeping to tell his mam! More to follow on other Pardew transfer strategies!

• 47 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Spoof
    Was referring more to the initial part of not being under pressure to sell due to the fact there are comfortable and even if they do sell it’s a well considered decision only executed when they have adequate replacements targeted or coming through the ranks
    There recruitment and academy fully back that up

So no, for me it’s not just meaningless words, it’s a genuine statement of intent
    Unlike any of the every one has price we can’t compete and don’t want to compete b0llox that spews out of our club

• 48 Our Toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Apart from Lambert Southampton are selling these lads at a ridiculous prices. Lallana is going to go for around £25m – £30m, that is a shocking amount. Same with Shaw, I’d snap the hands off from these teams bidding this much and buy 4 players or maybe more to improve the squad.

English players are so over priced and dare I say…..Overrated.

• 49 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Kevy
    Only lost Lambert so far mate
    If Lallana goes it will be for around £30 mil, they will bring in a replacement and if they don’t they have a great prospect in Ward-Prowse
    Same with Shaw they have Chambers who looks equally as talented

• 50 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:05 PM

I’m really amazed at you lot! Here we’ve already signed 2 topnotch players and you’re moaning and demanding more! Perez is going to be wor star striker and Cacapa is wor defensive reinforcement! Howay then what more do you want? Are you never happy? Harrumph!

• 51 Our Toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:07 PM

TADS

I think its a brilliant statement from the board which clearly highlights a plan/strategy. They were slowly introducing Sam Gallagher last year and he will be a good replacement for Lambert

• 52 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:07 PM

And Cisse is going to score at least 1 goal next season. So we will have 2 star strikers! Now stop that moaning!

• 53 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Our Toon

I am not going to get into a debate about the success or failure of the walk out, or our success or failure with our actions as that is not what I was getting at, what I was getting at is that we are all different and see different methods as being the best way to handle it, we should all accept and respect that.

I won’t go like yourself, but that doesn’t mean that we are right or wrong, we could say don’t give him the cash, but at the same time we all know that that will never happen in sufficient numbers to have an affect, so it could be said that going and making it as hostile as you can could be the way to go about it, and in fairness when we got relegated it was very hostile and he did put the club up for sale, but Chrissie Hughton got us winning quickly and we then went rather quiet, so can we say that not going is the best way, if we all go but refuse to relent regardless of how the team is doing then he may wish to get out, the simple fact is, we just don’t know so none of us are in a position where we can say what is the right way or what is the wrong way!!!

• 54 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:10 PM

In fact I’m thinking the squad will be far too deep now. We had better sell a few more players this summer. Hmmm, let’s see. Who do we have left that’s worth anything? This could take a while. I’m just going to check my list of purples……..I’ll get back to you.

• 55 Our Toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:11 PM

TADS

They also have Gaston Ramierz as well who didnt play much last year because Lallana was ahead of him but he’s already a like for like replacement, Ward Prowse looks good, Chambers was very good last year, Sam Gallagher to replace Lambert, All in all they have adequate cover

• 56 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:15 PM

As do we Our Toon mate! We have adequate cover! We have Cisse for Remy! We have Abeid for Cabaye! We are amazing! We will crush our opponents next season like grapes between our toes! Beautiful. :shock:

• 57 Fostino // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:16 PM

new signings will be abeid back from loan…ran taylor back from injury……shola ameobi on a free transfer…great business

• 58 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Right then, I’ve checked my list of purples. It’s as I suspected. The squad is far too deep now. Sell Krul, Tiote, Sissoko, and possibly Gouffy! That will thin us out nicely. With Benny, Debuchy, Marveaux, Obertan,and Saylor already leaving that will complete the job. Then bring in 1 free agent in addition to Perez and Cacapa and we’re in top form! Huzzah!

• 59 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:22 PM

tads

again its meaningless words m8, not under pressure to sell, if that’s the case then why are they selling, it doesn’t add up, basically what they are doing is trying to send a message to their fans saying that they are selling on their terms and doing what they see as best, sorry but selling your best players is not for the best, with us Alan Pardew is telling us as it is, Ashley will not compete, so who is the worst, Soton for trying to fool their fans into thinking that selling will benefit or Pardew for saying it straight , Ashley is screwing us, I know which I would prefer, the Soton fans are getting taken for mugs just as much as we are, but at least we are getting told that !!

• 60 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Our toon
    Exactly, they can afford to make calculated risks knowing they have a great academy and tbf looking at 90% of there business a pretty decent scouting team in place
    We on the other hand promise our star player he can leave in Jan and forget to line up a replacement!

• 61 Thump // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I was watching the England game the other day with a Southampton fan. He was absolutely seething that they had flogged Lambert and swore blind that Lallana and Shaw were off next and that “he was all but done with football”.

I offered to buy him a Newcastle shirt and told him to shut up.

• 62 Our Toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Spoof

You missed my point completely and you are the one who bought the impact or lack of impact the walkout up had not me. Personally I see a lot of complaining but yet 70% will still be paying even though they are unhappy with this regime….how ironic

• 63 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Spoof
    How are they selling there best player in Lambert?
    A good player yes but mostly used from the bench and they had already started bringing through young Gallager and by the end if the season he was even getting starts in front of Lambert so how exactly are there fans being lied too?
    I’m sorry your counter point just doesn’t weigh up
    Every word in that statement they can back up with a track history and having players already in place

• 64 Thump // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:27 PM

That isn’t irony, Our Toon. It’s sheer stupidity. I like that somebody thought that a walkout would have more effect than a total boycott (which is absolutely correct), but I’m not happy with the fact that they’re still lacing fat mans pockets. Imagine somebody coming up to you, giving you £40 and then calling you a cnut.

• 65 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM

While you lot worry about Southampton I’m busy helping wor Alan make the difficult decisions! Selling wor purples isn’t easy you know. But we’ve simply got too much depth. We’ve got to give the young’uns their chance to become stars so we can sell them as well! It has to be done! Be grateful we have a master tactician such as Alan at the helm. Beautiful.

• 66 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Thump
    Hmmm…..can i have that £40 like?

• 67 Thump // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Lambert was Southampton’s best player?

Hahahahaha

• 68 Our Toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Lallana is going to cost almost £10m more than Cabaye. Lallana got more 2 goals than Cabaye and 4 more assists yet he played 20 games more than him in the Prem

Value for money? who would you rather have Lallana or Grenier? I personally think Lallana at £30m is daft

• 69 Thump // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:32 PM

@Our Toon: £35m for Carroll was daft, but let’s not tell Liverpool that.

• 70 Our Toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Thump

It doesn’t make any sense which is my point!! Why walkout on 69 mins after buying a pint and ht pie etc just doesnt make sense to me mate

• 71 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Are you sure you lot have read the entire Mike Ashley Master Plan for Newcastle United? It took me quite a while as some of the toilet paper was damp and nasty but I have finally completed it! For next season the plan is to finish 15th. That will be accomplished by some panic buying next January. Then the supporters will be told don’t worry, we plan to spend big in the summer of 2015. Then a couple of quick purple sales and a discount bin clearout. Followed by a 17th place finish the following season. That’s it lads. And you were worried! Shame on you!

• 72 Whumpie // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Re the walk-out:

It’s pretty simple: protests of any sort do nothing. Never will with this lump.

Only cutting off money will bring about change. Anything else is just pointless willy-waving and will make zero difference. It really isn’t rocket science.

• 73 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Our Toon

I did not miss your point at all, I happen to agree with it which is why I will not get another season ticket until this lot have gone, which I believe is your stance as well.

It’s yourself who is missing the point as none of us know which has the greater impact on him, us not renewing our tickets or those who do but give him hell, none of us know so we cannot say for sure who is right, all we can do is to do what we as individuals see as being right for us, which takes us back to my original comment that we should not knock those who do still go.

• 74 Spoof // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Whumpie

he got a load of hassle when we went down, so much so that he put us up for sale, took the for sale signs down when Chrissie Hughton got us winning and we relented with the abuse, that is unarguable m8, and when we done the march before the Liverpool game he banned all the local press for covering the march, you cannot say that he doesn’t respond to protests as he clearly does, what we need to do is make them prolonged.

• 75 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:46 PM

If any of you lads would like the latest edition of MAMPNU I have it on sale for 7 euros. Beautiful.

• 76 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I’ve been re-evaluating my estimate of where we’ll finish next season. It’s not looking quite as good as I first indicated. I now believe we are definitely going to finish top 19 next season. Fact!

• 77 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:56 PM

With a little luck 18th place will be ours! Huzzah!

• 78 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Of course an 18th place finish will depend on some of wor players over-performing next season. And Good will have to recover from injury. And Cisse will have to score at least twice. So…..then I suppose it’s not that likely that we will finish as high as 18th. :(

• 79 welshgeordie9 // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:06 PM

you are the drama blog queens young and annoying only seventeen

Good old abba

Ha ha ha

• 80 welshgeordie9 // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Only joking guys

• 81 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Here is the new revised starting lineup for next season based on my recent discussions with Pards:
    ———————–Elliot
    Tavernier—–Streete——-Good—–Dummett
    ——-Abeid———–Bigi———-Fergie
    Obertan—————Cisse——————Perez
    Just think of the savings in wages lads!

• 82 welshgeordie9 // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM

GeordieTwo

There’s goals everywhere in that team

Who needs new signings

• 83 welshgeordie9 // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Cisse 15
    Obertan 11
    Perez 8
    Abied 12
    Bigi 6
    Fergie 5
    Street 3

Wow what a team

• 84 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:16 PM

It is beautiful isn’t it welshie? And those goals you have indicated are only scratching the surface. If we played a few women’s teams it could go even higher!

• 85 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:17 PM

I personally would like to see us play a mix of women’s teams and boys U-10 sides next season to maximize our points haul! :shock:

• 86 jazzyp // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Ourtoon
    Rather than Boycott after 69 mins we decided to stay away. Something we as a family have not done for 20 year, Miss the last home game. At the time I thought it was the right thing to do to show my distain for how Ashley is running the club.
    Do I really think we made a difference that day……….Honestly No I don’t. Would I do it again……….No I wouldn’t .Personally I don’t think that what transpired that day made no difference to how Ashley will run this club.
    For me I will judge who comes in this summer more than anything. If the likes of Cabella and Greneir come in then I will still turn up. But if the likes of Bendtner ect are brought in then im sure the attendances will continue to drop as Fans will slowly fall away

• 87 Sav // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:19 PM

In Carr We Trust – do we have a choice?
    Lets hope we are pleasantly surprised, because if not, I expect we’ll be relegated.

• 88 Sav // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:19 PM

More of Sissoko’s calibre would be a good start.

• 89 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:22 PM

But what about my prediction of a top 19 finish for us next season jazzyp mate? It’s almost as if I had a time machine don’t you think?

• 90 ganiyu // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:22 PM

I enjoy watching moussa sissoko play as a right winger for nufc. he is more more productive than the lazy one legged Ben arfa in the no. 10 role. I wish France the best of luck in this world cup and hope they win it as expected.

• 91 welshgeordie9 // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Talking about women’s football if we signed yankey and smith from arsenal, then we could have cisse has a backup for smith and obertan can be a backup for yankey

So GeordieTwo in that starting lineup can you replace cisse and obertan for smith and yankey

Cheers mate

• 92 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:23 PM

In fact I’m 95% sure we’ll finish in the top 19! :shock:

• 93 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:27 PM

No I can’t do that welshie mate. Yankey and Smith would be far too expensive for us. We like to buy inexpensive Frenchies for almost nothing and hope they succeed with us. So far? Mixed results. On the one hand you have Cabaye. On the other you have players like Amalfitano (complete flop), Obertan (complete flop), and Benny (very disappointing after a brilliant start).

• 94 welshgeordie9 // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Spoil sport

• 95 jazzyp // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Sav
    In Carr we do trust . But what’s the point in Having him aboard if we aint going to sign anybody

• 96 welshgeordie9 // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Is getting over that bloody line

• 97 welshgeordie9 // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:32 PM

What’s does Carr do all bloody year thats what I want to know

• 98 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Where are the other deviated preverts that usually come on here then? Beermonkey? Tsunki? We need some input lads!

• 99 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Well if we’re going to do our business before the World Cup, we had better speed up a tad don’t you lot think? Or is the business done with Perez? That would be a bold decision. Something we would do under Kinnear. Very appealing to Ashley I’m sure.

• 100 beermonkey // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM

g2

I have been going about my beermonkey duties

• 101 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:55 PM

But beermonkey, we need your preverted comments on here mate!

• 102 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:55 PM

And Tsunki? I’m yet to hear from you. Surely you don’t have any Tsunki duties?

• 103 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Very disappointing input here today! Harrumph!

• 104 Our Toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Spoof

I dont think MA has ever put us up for sale, smoke and mirrors mate. If abuse or hostile reception would make him sell then surely he would have sold up when he had threats etc back when keegan left.

Jazzy P

The reason why that didnt have an affect was because the others decided to attend the match, once again we pull in different directions but cant do 1 thing in complete unity

• 105 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Just having a look at some of wor sad sacks still in the squad. Obertan, Amalfitano, are the worst but what are we going to do about players like Benny and Marveaux who clearly no longer want to play for us? And what about Vuckic who seems to have disappeared into mediocrity (an unimpressive loan spell) at the age of 22?

• 106 GeordieTwo // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Wickedly poor loan spells with lower division teams (in Scotland even!) aren’t going to help our young players. Who came up with this plan? Is Adam Campbell a better player now than when he went out on loan? I doubt it. What about many of the others?

• 107 jazzyp // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Ourtoon
    It would be impossible to Get everyone to boycott this site for a day never mind A mass boycott of SJP. And that’s where the problem lies mate

• 108 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Are they over the line yet ? .

• 109 Tayls // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Who is this Cacapa G2? It’s not the same one we had a few years back is it :S

Imagine Fat Mike bought Mario Balotelli lol

• 110 why oh why // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Did anyone notice Remy caebella was not present at the France game last night . The mans on his way …..

• 111 beermonkey // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:30 PM

tayls

re cacapa yes same1 he aint really coming its abit of a joke

• 112 jazzyp // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Why oh why
    50k a week contract Agreed

• 113 beermonkey // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:32 PM

why oh why

yes but where to

• 114 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:33 PM

@TaylorandBesty: Remember when we went a month unbeaten last season? Guess who was playing in 3 of those 4 games? #SaveMYM #nufc

• 115 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:34 PM

@lee_ryder: Newcastle United begin process to offload Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa http://t.co/3E5mBXuXcg #NUFC

• 116 jazzyp // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Lovren or Caulker in to replace MYM and he would be no loss

• 117 Tayls // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Haha cheers for letting me know beermonkey.

@tds so dissapointing letting a potential world beater go because our coaching system is awful.

• 118 Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Can’t believe we’re looking to offload Mbiwa but keeping Taylor. Absolute disgrace.

• 119 beermonkey // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:46 PM

keeping taylor colo and willo it them 3 that are the problem to slow and error prone
    I hope mbiwa goes and is a star

• 120 Rotonda heights // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Keeping a slow and aging Colo who doesn’t want to be here and a useless Saylor, but selling MYM our only defender with pace, constantly played out of position, really tells you all you need to know about Pardew.

• 121 Rotonda heights // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Lovren maybe but what’s the deal about caulker? he panics any time the ball is at his feet.

• 122 thejokethatisnufc // Jun 2, 2014 at 7:57 PM

If things continue as they are we won’t be in the premiership for long

• 123 Graeme // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Rotonda, This is NUFC ffs- you just know, if there is a way to completely screw it up, the FCB & P45DUE will find it.

Mbiwa should be the kingpin of our defence for years to come, it should be built around him, his potential is better than any CB at the club.

• 124 beermonkey // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:07 PM

there has to be more to getting rid of mbiwa
    has he questioned pardews tactics and use of him maybe he argued his case when he and benny were blamed for a loss despite only coming on as substitutes

taylor he is our answer to calamity james
    colo old slow past his best
    willo old slow nothing special squad player

how on earth the club don’t think our defence is a priority is joke, krul spent so much time bending over to pick the ball out the net he has developed a hump

yes we have no strikers but as things stand we cant even hold out for a draw the defence is just as important as strikers

I really hope his wages are to high and he stays but only if pards will play him but that wont happen

• 125 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Dear God .

Letting M’biwa go would be a huge mistake and it would come back to bite us big time .

They guy is a title winning French international CB and has showed when played at CB he is more than capable and a dam sight better than Saylor.

Just when I thought NUFC couldn’t get any worse :( .

• 126 Our Toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:13 PM

I can honestly see players joining us but not in the capacity we would like.

Pards Signings:

MYM out Tomkins in
    Cabaye’s replacement is Noble
    Remy’s replacement will be Bent

• 127 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:18 PM

At the end of the day the fact Pardew wants to get rid of HBA, Marveaux & M’biwa tells you everything you need to know about the man .

Give him a talentless grafter over a talented game winner any day of the week . The guy is a joke .

• 128 kevymartins // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:20 PM

We must be patient and give it some time. Who knows what will happen. But let’s be honest clearly they have a plan and will sign decent players other wise we WILL be relegated and I think Mike will be aware of that and will not want to lose 1 penny and will dig deep in those pockets hopefully.

• 129 kevymartins // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:23 PM

It could well come down to spend £30m or lose £30m when we get relegated. The only other outcome we may pray it is not is that he decides to watch us get slaughtered and scrape a point every once in a while untill the jan window.

• 130 the truth will out // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:24 PM

he will only buy in january when we are totally in the shit
    only this time we wont get out of it

• 131 the truth will out // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:25 PM

not another penny

• 132 north east lincs toon // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:25 PM

It’s simple with the transfer window this summer if we don’t invest and bring in half a dozen players in we’re going into the championship.

• 133 the truth will out // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:28 PM

and we wont get out in a hurry
    ashley will spirit away the parachute payments

• 134 the truth will out // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:30 PM

and afore you start thats not doom and gloom that is fact

• 135 why oh why // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Yes we’ll I hope so gents
    And I think we’re gonna get homies also and I’m thinking payer and the columbian geezer

• 136 welshgeordie9 // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:38 PM

We’re all doomed i tell you

Dear me

• 137 kevymartins // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Dimitri Payet is below adverage. There is no way we are linked with him/ if so then our head scout needs sacked and I need appointed. He is slow runs like a duck and the only good thing about him he has a decent cross. Plus he is 27 and probably on a big enough wage.

• 138 Mike's Iron Curtain // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Hope we’re relegated on 0 points next season. Sincerely I do.

• 139 Mike's Iron Curtain // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Someone get the location of Pardew and I’ll bump him off.

• 140 kevymartins // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:48 PM

If I was head scout off the top of my head 3 players I would look at would be
    Bernard the brazillian.
    Felipe santana
    Eduardo Vargas.

Now if you wanted to have a winning team then we would need to go buy players like Lucas from psg. Lavezzi Di’maria you get the drift amazing place not to overly priced.

• 141 Online Guy // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:52 PM

This is part one , look out for parts 2 and three

If you sinking as a Newcastle fan this brings back all the feelings and the passion we all have deep inside .

He made us proud .

• 142 the truth will out // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Yet Alan Pardew STILL insists: “Every player at Newcastle has improved under my management.”
    he is having a fookin laff

• 143 the truth will out // Jun 2, 2014 at 8:53 PM

he is without doubt having a laff

• 144 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 2, 2014 at 9:00 PM

@ Kevy

I would love us to get Bernard, great talent .

Think he will want a bigger club though and I doubt the Premier League would be his first choice.

But unless you make a bid who knows ? .

• 145 the truth will out // Jun 2, 2014 at 9:32 PM

only an e800,000 bid coming

• 146 andrew84 // Jun 2, 2014 at 10:30 PM

I have a question…..

How long will it be before we have an indicate as to season ticket sales figures for the next year? End of July is it?

• 147 andrew84 // Jun 2, 2014 at 10:30 PM

*Indication, sorry…

• 148 Thump // Jun 2, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Yeah, about that andrew. It’s usually just before the season kicks off that they announce the figures.

• 149 scout // Jun 2, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Evening lads and lasses
    anyone know if falcao made the colombia squad??

• 150 jimmysmith // Jun 2, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Mbiwa is definitely in the Marv, Benny category for mine. Can’t rely on any of them to do the job they are given to do, which is fatal in the EPL. Mbiwa has had the wide eyed glassy stare of a man in shock at times, it’s disappointing and unfortunate, as it also is with the other two, because they are talented, Benny astonishingly so, but perhaps not entirely capable and that won’t wash at Newcastle.

previous post: Newcastle Target Will Not Renew Loan Contract

next post: Are Newcastle Interested In Signing Wilfried Bony?