Siem De Jong – Newcastle Is A Great Club

Luuk de Jong did not have a good time of it on loan this year, and the 23 year-old Dutch striker failed to score a goal in 12 appearances for Newcastle, and in January we were pretty sure there was a good chance that the de Jong brothers – both Luuk and his older brother Siem could be at Newcastle next season.

siem de jong

Siem de Jong – moving to Newcastle?

That’s not going to happen, because Luuk didn’t produce during his loan spell, and he will not be given a permanent deal by Newcastle but we’ve also been interested in his 25 year-old brother for at least two years – and Siem is a midfielder and current  captain of Ajax.

This is what Siem has said about the transfer situation to Soccer News:

“I really do not know what I’ll do next season. I have spoken with the club but nothing is sorted.”  “Also with Newcastle United, where my brother played last time, talked about other clubs and have had a little contact with my agent.”

“There was contact before, but it’s nothing concrete. Newcastle is a great club and it would be super to work with my brother and play football.”

“I do not know if he’ll be there. He is employed by Borussia Mönchengladbach, and has not received a contract offer from Newcastle, I’m going next week to talk to Ajax and then I’ll see.”

Siem started his career at De Graafschap and has been at Ajax since 2005, and he has played in the first team since 2007 when he made his debut at the age of 18.

The 6 times capped Dutch International (2 goals) has a contract that runs out next summer, so Newcastle could potentially get him this summer for a reasonably low fee, or wait until next summer and get him as a free agent, or for a minimal fee in January.

Siem has played a total of 244 games with 78 goals for Ajax, and he can play in the withdrawn striker role or in midfield, and he’s a very skilled footballer.

And Newcastle need midfielders who can score goals, to complement the strikers we should be bringing in this summer.

Siem would be a great acquisition for Newcastle.

Author Bio – Dr. Ed Harrison is a retired IBM Executive, who was born and bred in Newcastle, and joined IBM in 1970 after completing a PhD in Computing Science at Newcastle University.

ed harrison

Ed has been in America since 1973, and was moved by IBM shortly after he married the former Madeline Rose – who is now his wife of 42 years.
He was instrumental in building and managing a $2B Network Consulting business for IBM Global Services in the late 1990s, and retired in 2004, and since then has concentrated on something really important – Newcastle United.

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Now we’re talking boys…….now we’re talking.
    De jong behind the striker, Cabella and Greneir either side. Sissiko and Tiote through the middle !!
    Shut up shut up don’t spoil it lads don’t spoil it !!

• lesh

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Ohhhh what joy! Such is our generous owner, he’s giving those who haven’t yet done so, another two weeks to renew their season tickets!

The party line is that the club’s still dealing with the deluge of renewal forms they’ve received.

So, there’ll be more bids on super players to look forward to.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I can see us try to loan Luuk on more time and maybe throw in a cheeky offer for Siem as well 😉

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM

I’ve never seen him play, is he actually any good? The number of people championing Luuk de Jong was high, and from what I saw of him he was terrible here. Just wasn’t a good footballer.

• Average_Contents

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Lesh

Was just going to post the same mate lol

Oh how I love sarcasm but it’s a shame that a joke is in fact the reality under fatty and Co

• Bambams

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM

We are going to be linked with so many players….It was interesting to hear the club wanted to do their business before the World Cup but that does not necessarily mean they are after International Players.

Ash will be as tight as he can be make no mistake about it

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:51 PM

couple of threads back people were getting their knickers in a twist about Colback being Cabayes replacement, the club don’t do replacements, the reason we’re being linked with Colback is that a player possibly worth 3-5M is free, Mashers will see it as getting a player for free for a couple of years before selling at a profit, even if we were desperately short of a RB, a midfielder would be signed if there was a perceived profit there, we waited two and a half years for a CB because one never came up cheap or free, it wasn’t until a near relegation that caused us to fork out nearly 7M for one.

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Come on lads we need some good news today. after all we have had to adhere to the crushing blow of losing out to Fernebache for Gomis……..Gutted !!

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM

I have been watching this lad quite regularly, he ain’t that good, he would be far too slow for the Premier League, watching him turn is like watching paint dry ? even as a playmaker who makes through balls you still need a bit of urgency, I’m not surprised that no big club has came in for him, quite simply he won’t cut it in the PL

• Average_Contents

Jun 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Oh Jazzy

Have you fallen asleep again….you really must wake up 😉

On a serious note mate I think I posted a similar team a week back and admitted that I had to change my underclothes at the thought of it

Sadly when reality sets in we as fans will remember that team is far too attacking for parsnip and if he seen it would most likely shit his pants and have some form of life threatening spasm

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM

AC
    Yep im awake now matey………It was good while it lasted pal. Anita-Colback-Tiote and Bigi will probably be all we can hope for next season.
    Loads of goals in that set up, Just as Pards likes it lol !!

• Shaker

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Cabella & De Jong ??
    that’s more than enough to solve the midfield problems , and with Colback who will replace Anita in the defensive midfield it will be completely perfect .

are we asking too much god dammit ????????????

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Yes please .

Siem Makes his brother look like a pub player and has the creativity we desperately need .

Also with Shola leaving would anyone else take Oribe Peralta to replace him as a back up experienced striker ? .

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Siem de Jong is shyte ! far too slow and lethargic, I really do hope not

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Spoof
    He tore Citeh a new assehole when he came up against there defence in the champions league. Is a lot better prospect than his younger brother and scores goals for fun from midfield.
    Something we are sadly lacking. As I said this morning Spoof, this lad is available for the same fee being banded about for Mcormack-Ings-Ibarta…..And personally mate they are no where near of the same class

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:12 PM

————–Sissoko—————-Tiote——————-

——HBA————–De Jong————-Cabella——

————————–Lassoga—————————–

Yes Please .

• Average_Contents

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Honestly mate I find it astonishing that we’ve got a player like sissoko who was rated in the 10-15m bracket not so long ago, playing as a right winger when it’s clear for all to see he is a box to box midfielder and when I posted my team I put him in the middle with “the tank” and let myself dream of the both of them rampaging around the pitch destroying all who dared to come before them!

Just imagine it! What a sight to behold but alas, I’m afraid it will never ever happen with the braindead one in charge of team selection

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM

@jazzy

I agree m8 .

Remember watching that game and was sure someone big would come in and snap De Jong up as he bossed the City defence . I would love him at NUFC .

• Average_Contents

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Bpc

Have you robbed my team good sir 😉

I’m off for a bit lads I need to change my underclothes

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:17 PM

jazzyp

Ibarta as a striker then no, but as Rotonda Heights pointed out, he plays as a winger and he is a beast, quick strong and powerful, have you seen much of Siem, he is ok in the Dutch league but you can see that due to pace and urgency that he will never succeed in the PL, why do you think that none of the big clubs have came in for him when he has been so high profile in the Dutch league, he wouldn’t have gone unnoticed as he would have been watched and watched for a long period of time, they had no interest because they could see that at a higher level it would be a level beyond him, he is not good enough, simple as, think about it logically, I am making sense.

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:26 PM

sorry that is very unfair, youtube and stats are a complete and utter waste of time, they never tell the true picture, ………………..but what a howler he he he

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:27 PM

sorry it should be heh heh heh

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:28 PM

heh heh heh

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:28 PM

I’m getting dafter as I get older heh heh heh.

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Spoof
    Sorry mate we will have to disagree on this one pal regarding De jong.Agree that he aint the fastest player on the pitch,And again agree players can’t really be judged in the Erevidese.
    De boar has many times stated that De jong would be a big loss to Ajax when rumours were circulating last season. Sorry mate but if he’s good enough for De boar he’s good enough for me

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Spoof
    Now now sir. You got into a debate abt stats with Ourtoon…..Be careful what you start bud!!

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:43 PM

SIR jazzy lol

I did say sorry straight away as the clip proves nothing at all, Alan Shearer missed a pen against the unwashed, of all teams the unwashed so we cannot judge de Jong by that clip, or many other clips of him being superb, I thought it best to stick that one in before I get inundated lol.

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM

mind it was a howler and a half wasn’t it ?

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Big Pappa@16
    The Ridonculous thing is mate, That that new players in that set up could be offset out of the Cabs Money and would hardly cost Ashley nothing.

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Jazzyp
    there is 3 of that selection which I would certainly not go for, no prizes for guessing one of them but what about the other 2 ?

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Spoof
    Yeah I’ve just watched it and let’s just say it doesn’t paint Siem in the right way lol
    On Ibarta……..He reminds me of a pumped up version of routledge, So im gonna have to sit on the fence on this particular player !!

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:57 PM

jazzyp

blame Rotonda as I looked at him as a striker and said no thank you, but RH pointed out that he is predominently used as a winger so I looked again and said yes, lads who are big and strong (6tf2″) who run with pace and power cause havoc, and seeing that he usually plays on the right then Sissoko would be forced to play where he should have been played all along, alongside Tiote, you need pace power and strength in a team, with those 3 we would be not far off having enough, provided they are played in their correct positions, cue Pardew.

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:00 PM

————————Gerrard———————————-
    ——–Sterling——–Barkley——————Lallana
    ————————Rooney———————————
    ——————————Sturridge

That’s the attacking quartet I have gone for the world cup

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM

@ jazzy

Mine would be :

—————————Gerrard—————————–
    ———-Barkley————————-Wilshire———-
    —————————-Rooney—————————-
    ———-Sturridge————————Sterling———–

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Spoof
    Yeah agree with your thinking there pal.
    Sissoko and Mr T in the middle of the park is the way forward. It just gobsmacks me that Pards and his cronies cant see this………Or maybe don’t want to !!

• jazzyp

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Big Pappa
    Tasty mate. For what good it will do us is another thing tho pal. Play the youngster’s I say as we have nothing to lose.
    you never know they may surprise us all !!

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:21 PM

@ jazzy

I agree m8 .

Not sure if Hodgson would have actually picked the young lads if it wasn’t called for by most England fans . If they are old enough they’re good enough.

I would still have Luke Shaw starting at LB and move Baines over to RB as Johnson can’t defend to save his life .

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:21 PM

well seeing as we are on England

Gerrard

Stirling Henderson Lallana Barkley

Sturridge

• Transfer Sage

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:24 PM

spoof

I’d go for (complete 11)

hart
    johnson-jagielka-cahill-baines
    sterling-wilshire-gerard-lallana
    rooney-sturridge

Possibly henderson for wilshire but probably not.

Basically liverpools team with a better defence, then lallana in for coutinho and rooney for suarez

• Black and White with an army lol