Is It Possible – Could Yohan Cabaye Return To Newcastle?

When Yohan Cabaye first signed for Newcastle United three years ago this month, he was full of praise for the Newcastle United club, and even after he has left, he still seems to love the Newcastle club and its fantastic fans.

yohan cabaye man united winner

The great Yohan Cabaye – while at Newcastle United

Yohan has talked about how great things were at Newcastle during his thirty months stay on Tyneside, where he played great for the club, and made the difference in midfield.

This is what Yohan said in June three years ago after he had signed on at the famous Newcastle club:

“This is a fantastic move for me.” “I have enjoyed great times with Lille but the time is right now to test myself against the best and playing for Newcastle United in the Premier League does just that.¨

“My first impressions of the club and the City are that it is a lovely place and the stadium is simply magnificent.”

Yohan has found it a bit difficult getting a starting position at PSG since he moved there in January, although he’s only been there a few months and probably still getting into his stride.

But he’s in the France World Cup squad, and still an important player for his country in this summer’s World Cup in Brazil.

And his latest tweets seem to suggest he’s still in love with the Tyneside club, and this is his latest tweet from Thursday:

“A big thank you to all NUFC fans for the support.¨ “You give me a huge energy as you did since three years.”

We think what’s probably happening with Yohan is that old adage – you don’t know what you’ve got until you lose it.

What he had on Tyneside was that he was the star man, and the fans just loved him, and he was a fantastic player for us, who scored some great and important goals for the club in his short stay on Tyneside.

Would Newcastle be able to bring him back?

That would be very difficult, but we think if there was an agreement reached between PSG and Newcastle, the Geordie fans would welcome him back with open arms.

After all, everybody makes mistakes in life. 😀

One thing is for sure, and that’s the Newcastle fans still seem to hold Yohan Cabaye in the highest esteem – and vice versa.

It would be incredible if we somehow got Yohan back on Tyneside soon, but the chances of that happening have to be very very low, and it’s always very rare that players return to their former clubs.

But we’re also told that miracles sometimes do happen.

• armchair fan

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Come on Ed

That’s like me posting a tweet stating Shearer may come out of retirement and play for the Toon again

• armchair fan

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Saying that though, looking at his tweets he has strangely been retweeting a lot of toon supporters banging on about how much they loved him

Even retweeted some lad who put a tweet saying “I reckon @YCabayeofficiel wants to come back to Newcastle with all these tweets! Come on back! ”

Hinting at Newcastle?

• magoo

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:39 PM

get a grip.

• Bambams

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Ed
    You must be bored fella.

All the best mate

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM

armchair
    Said a few days back he was doing a lot of re tweeting from toon fans begging him back
    Maybe he was just drunk!

• scout

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Messi to sign spotted outside the quilted camel wearing dungarees and a red stetson

• armchair fan

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Tads

Probably drinking wine out of the Ligue 1 cup and laughing at the faithful Geordies begging for him back

• Bambams

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I see there is a link on newsnownewcastle that Liverpool may be interested in Benny…..

You know something …IMO, Benny could be lethal in that team !

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Is there really so little news about !

• Spoof

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:48 PM

why this obsession with Cabaye, I have never critisized in the past but sorry Ed, this Cabaye obsession of yours is now very boring !!!!!!

• BandB

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Torq,

I hope I haven’t missed you.
    I think the reason people have you tagged as an ITK is that you have habitually made stronger claims to be in the know than just about any other poster (I would like to do that little in-the-know-smiley/wink you’ve trademarked here, but I can’t.)
    I don’t think there is anybody who doesn’t want to see you posting your opinions.
    You are always welcomed on to the blog like a lost prophet. People shower you with praise and hang on your every word. You have a PROPER fan base.
    So.
    Why do you ALWAYS have to have that little snark about people with the lese majeste to venture a little skepticism?
    No-one has driven you off the blog.
    People WANT you to be genuine. It perks the blog up. And others invest a lot in your message that, whatever it may look like, the club is sincere and headed onwards and upwards.
    So if it were to be the case that you were just a FIFA fantasist inventing insights you don’t have to back up your opinions, then it would be pretty loathsome, wouldn’t it?
    To say you sang the same happy tune at the last two transfer windows and were miles off the mark wouldn’t be unfair, would it?
    Or is no-one allowed to say you were wrong?
    I’ll be called a hater for this. But it may be the case that I care rather less about my blog reputation and rather more about other fans than you do.

• scout

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Thats you told torq, brilliant

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM

BandB,
    I’d hate to get on the wrong side of you 😮

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:23 PM

BandB,
    Excellent admonishment btw.

• bro56

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:26 PM

yes I can just see Ashley forking out 20mill to bring him back..

dream on…

• Sliema

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:28 PM

tads

That’s who you meant?! You had me googling Cabella’s Twitter account the other day for retweeted NUFC stuff!

• TorqToon

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:36 PM

B and B – very well put. And if you look back at the months following our PEA disaster, I haven’t said or posted anything other than my opinion. No predictions, no insights into targets and no breaking news type stuff.

I merely put my views on the team and targets. Yes, by nature I’m a very positive person, although that’s been hard lately. I don’t harp back to the window we signed many players, because anything could have happened during that time to scupper deals for sissoko, Yanga, debuchy etc, and I would’ve been slated. Luck or judgement or whatever made that window a success.

I can’t control what people write or say about me or anything like that. I apologise if you think it’s awkward reading or anything, but that’s not down to me.

The last 2 windows I have only ever mentioned targets we are looking at, and this was confirmed at later dates by both the club and the press. I never once said we would definitely sign anybody, as I wouldn’t commit to that level again. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and yes, everybody can say what they like about me. If everybody said it in a decent manner like yourself, rather than how it has been done in the past, I wouldn’t have an issue. So I thank you for that.

Nobody has driven me off this blog, I may post a lot less than I used too, but I still read the site every single day. When all I read is understandable negativity, then I lose interest and rarely post. Negativity for negativity’s sake is what leads me to complain about certain viewpoints. However, just as others are entitled to THEIR opinion of me, IM also allowed my options, as long as it’s conducted correctly.

😉 one for old times sake! Haha

• andyctoon

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:37 PM

BANDB!

lol class mate. wel said. site should be about all toon fans having a say about the club we all love as “true fans” not try to get our rep up to be no1 blogger…must think ashley and co reads this and listen carefully to his ideas.

clap! clap! clap!

• Mister Tuff

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:39 PM

scout – where is the Quilted Camel.

BandB – I now have you pictured as a scolding headmistress type – peering over you half specs in a disdainful way -at your naughty boy charges – a delivering a verbal broadside that even the the most slick tongued victim cannot escape. Decent post though.

• niafron

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Bonjour messieurs.

• Mister Tuff

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Torq -correct me if I’m wrong but did you not say that you had no contacts at the Toon and that your “insight” was mainly in France because of your job. Your PEA/ASSE/keyring posts were decent at the time and were somewhat mouthwatering -if only.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Bonjour niafron…any news from France?

• TorqToon

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Tuff – I’ve never stated I’ve had any contacts with NUFC mate. Still don’t, and most probably never will.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Sliema
    Lol soz mate!
    Yeah it was Cabs, he was on re tweeting bender!

Maybe he was trying to drum up some support to show he’s highly regarded among football fans still after he dropped down the international pecking order?

• TorqToon

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Andyctoon – Saw through my plan!!! Thought it was so well hidden! May as well admit I want to be the next JFK.

Unreal!

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Mister Tuff
    In all fairness to Torq he never stated he had any contacts within NUFC, but merely heard things from French clubs/ Players whilst working for them

Itk or not personally always liked his football insight and opinions on players/games

• TorqToon

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Anyway let’s get back to the blog!

Newcastle won’t sign anybody else, relegation battle ahead and all of our good players will be sold for peanuts, either in the summer, or January!

Ah that’s better. Normal service has been resumed.

• niafron

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:54 PM

@Jesper

Nothing puting aside Cabella going to the world cup. Wich reduce the chance to see him wearing our shirt if you ask me.

• scout

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Newcastle

• BandB

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:57 PM

I tried to write a dignified critique of Torq Toon’s past contribution.
    He has answered it in kind without any of the malice that is typical on this blog.
    His answer was better than my question.
    I hope there is no piling on goes on now. Because I will be piling on his side.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Niafron…is Benzema going? You know you lot might surprise in Brazil if you are free from him, Ribery and Nasri 🙂

*Are we still allowed to use smileys on here; we have had our problems with censorship on here that last few days!

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Torq
    How’s it going anyway?
    You’ve probably noticed my once positive attitude has pretty much upped sticks and p1ssed off for the foreseeable future in regards to the toon!
    Hand on heart genuinely believe were in trouble

With Pardew at the helm the football has definitely suffered and a lot of players seem disillusioned and seemingly imo want out
    That’s just the footballing side!

The way Ashley has conducted business I believe has heavily damaged the clubs reputation within the football world
    With the constant low balling on bids, selling star players, bold claims of not wanting Europe or cup runs or even to push the top 8 i really don’t see how we can attract players from the continent without…

A) offering the club up as a stepping stone to further there career, which given the Yanga fiasco is questionable
    B) offering huge wages, which we know he won’t do

Then there’s the shambles that is the NUFC backroom
    Promoting Charnley and Beardsley?
    Beardsley has already been removed from the role once and Charnley was simply the accountant
    There’s no fresh ideas on the football side of the club
    I just can’t see us improving the team or league position

• TorqToon

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:01 PM

BandB – Thank you. It’s very much appreciated.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:02 PM

…and you are probably right about Cabella. Personally thought that one was dead in the water even before his call-up. But you never know I suppose!

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Does anybody think Mbwia has been played as a full back because Mikeys pi$$ boils at the thought of 7M sitting on the bench.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:05 PM

BandB/Torq,
    Peace, love and blog harmony is the way forward, two shining examples of how people should conduct themselves !

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM

@GFN_France: La Provence: Andre Ayew wants to leave Marseille, they claim.
    Details: http://t.co/gPSdjD3Cbi #OM

Why the sudden rush for all players to ligue 1?

• jazzyp

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM

JFA
    Make that 14mill with Benny bench warming as well !!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM

No because Pardew has had better options on FB.

…Think he just rates the Willo/Colo combo. It might be Pardew’s way of seeing if he can fit him in somehow!

• TorqToon

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Tads – as I said, my positive outlook has taken a heck of a beating last season. So I understand what you are saying.

Do I think under pardew, carver and Ashley we will get back to how it used to be with our beloved club, no I don’t. Unfortunately, even if pardew were to go, trying to attract a top level manager with a new style of management whilst MA is at the helm, would be nigh on impossible.