The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Is It Possible – Could Yohan Cabaye Return To Newcastle?

2:28 pm, Saturday, June 7th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 160 Comments

When Yohan Cabaye first signed for Newcastle United three years ago this month, he was full of praise for the Newcastle United club, and even after he has left, he still seems to love the Newcastle club and its fantastic fans.

yohan cabaye man united winner

The great Yohan Cabaye – while at Newcastle United

Yohan has talked about how great things were at Newcastle during his thirty months stay on Tyneside, where he played great for the club, and made the difference in midfield.

This is what Yohan said in June three years ago after he had signed on at the famous Newcastle club:

“This is a fantastic move for me.” “I have enjoyed great times with Lille but the time is right now to test myself against the best and playing for Newcastle United in the Premier League does just that.¨

“My first impressions of the club and the City are that it is a lovely place and the stadium is simply magnificent.”

Yohan has found it a bit difficult getting a starting position at PSG since he moved there in January, although he’s only been there a few months and probably still getting into his stride.

But he’s in the France World Cup squad, and still an important player for his country in this summer’s World Cup in Brazil.

And his latest tweets seem to suggest he’s still in love with the Tyneside club, and this is his latest tweet from Thursday:

“A big thank you to all NUFC fans for the support.¨ “You give me a huge energy as you did since three years.”

We think what’s probably happening with Yohan is that old adage – you don’t know what you’ve got until you lose it.

What he had on Tyneside was that he was the star man, and the fans just loved him, and he was a fantastic player for us, who scored some great and important goals for the club in his short stay on Tyneside.

Would Newcastle be able to bring him back?

That would be very difficult, but we think if there was an agreement reached between PSG and Newcastle, the Geordie fans would welcome him back with open arms.

After all, everybody makes mistakes in life. :D

One thing is for sure, and that’s the Newcastle fans still seem to hold Yohan Cabaye in the highest esteem – and vice versa.

It would be incredible if we somehow got Yohan back on Tyneside soon, but the chances of that happening have to be very very low, and it’s always very rare that players return to their former clubs.

But we’re also told that miracles sometimes do happen.

Tags: Contracts · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target · Yohan Cabaye

160 responses so far ↓

• 1 armchair fan // Jun 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Come on Ed

That’s like me posting a tweet stating Shearer may come out of retirement and play for the Toon again

• 2 armchair fan // Jun 7, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Saying that though, looking at his tweets he has strangely been retweeting a lot of toon supporters banging on about how much they loved him

Even retweeted some lad who put a tweet saying “I reckon @YCabayeofficiel wants to come back to Newcastle with all these tweets! Come on back! ”

Hinting at Newcastle?

• 3 magoo // Jun 7, 2014 at 2:39 PM

get a grip.

• 4 Bambams // Jun 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Ed
    You must be bored fella.

All the best mate

• 5 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM

armchair
    Said a few days back he was doing a lot of re tweeting from toon fans begging him back
    Maybe he was just drunk!

• 6 scout // Jun 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Messi to sign spotted outside the quilted camel wearing dungarees and a red stetson

• 7 armchair fan // Jun 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Tads

Probably drinking wine out of the Ligue 1 cup and laughing at the faithful Geordies begging for him back

• 8 Bambams // Jun 7, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I see there is a link on newsnownewcastle that Liverpool may be interested in Benny…..

You know something …IMO, Benny could be lethal in that team !

• 9 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Is there really so little news about !

• 10 Spoof // Jun 7, 2014 at 2:48 PM

why this obsession with Cabaye, I have never critisized in the past but sorry Ed, this Cabaye obsession of yours is now very boring !!!!!!

• 11 BandB // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Torq,

I hope I haven’t missed you.
    I think the reason people have you tagged as an ITK is that you have habitually made stronger claims to be in the know than just about any other poster (I would like to do that little in-the-know-smiley/wink you’ve trademarked here, but I can’t.)
    I don’t think there is anybody who doesn’t want to see you posting your opinions.
    You are always welcomed on to the blog like a lost prophet. People shower you with praise and hang on your every word. You have a PROPER fan base.
    So.
    Why do you ALWAYS have to have that little snark about people with the lese majeste to venture a little skepticism?
    No-one has driven you off the blog.
    People WANT you to be genuine. It perks the blog up. And others invest a lot in your message that, whatever it may look like, the club is sincere and headed onwards and upwards.
    So if it were to be the case that you were just a FIFA fantasist inventing insights you don’t have to back up your opinions, then it would be pretty loathsome, wouldn’t it?
    To say you sang the same happy tune at the last two transfer windows and were miles off the mark wouldn’t be unfair, would it?
    Or is no-one allowed to say you were wrong?
    I’ll be called a hater for this. But it may be the case that I care rather less about my blog reputation and rather more about other fans than you do.

• 12 scout // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Thats you told torq, brilliant

• 13 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM

BandB,
    I’d hate to get on the wrong side of you :o

• 14 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:23 PM

BandB,
    Excellent admonishment btw.

• 15 bro56 // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:26 PM

yes I can just see Ashley forking out 20mill to bring him back..

dream on…

• 16 Sliema // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:28 PM

tads

That’s who you meant?! You had me googling Cabella’s Twitter account the other day for retweeted NUFC stuff!

• 17 TorqToon // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:36 PM

B and B – very well put. And if you look back at the months following our PEA disaster, I haven’t said or posted anything other than my opinion. No predictions, no insights into targets and no breaking news type stuff.

I merely put my views on the team and targets. Yes, by nature I’m a very positive person, although that’s been hard lately. I don’t harp back to the window we signed many players, because anything could have happened during that time to scupper deals for sissoko, Yanga, debuchy etc, and I would’ve been slated. Luck or judgement or whatever made that window a success.

I can’t control what people write or say about me or anything like that. I apologise if you think it’s awkward reading or anything, but that’s not down to me.

The last 2 windows I have only ever mentioned targets we are looking at, and this was confirmed at later dates by both the club and the press. I never once said we would definitely sign anybody, as I wouldn’t commit to that level again. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and yes, everybody can say what they like about me. If everybody said it in a decent manner like yourself, rather than how it has been done in the past, I wouldn’t have an issue. So I thank you for that.

Nobody has driven me off this blog, I may post a lot less than I used too, but I still read the site every single day. When all I read is understandable negativity, then I lose interest and rarely post. Negativity for negativity’s sake is what leads me to complain about certain viewpoints. However, just as others are entitled to THEIR opinion of me, IM also allowed my options, as long as it’s conducted correctly.

;-) one for old times sake! Haha

• 18 andyctoon // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:37 PM

BANDB!

lol class mate. wel said. site should be about all toon fans having a say about the club we all love as “true fans” not try to get our rep up to be no1 blogger…must think ashley and co reads this and listen carefully to his ideas.

clap! clap! clap!

• 19 Mister Tuff // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:39 PM

scout – where is the Quilted Camel.

BandB – I now have you pictured as a scolding headmistress type – peering over you half specs in a disdainful way -at your naughty boy charges – a delivering a verbal broadside that even the the most slick tongued victim cannot escape. Decent post though.

• 20 niafron // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Bonjour messieurs.

• 21 Mister Tuff // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Torq -correct me if I’m wrong but did you not say that you had no contacts at the Toon and that your “insight” was mainly in France because of your job. Your PEA/ASSE/keyring posts were decent at the time and were somewhat mouthwatering -if only.

• 22 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Bonjour niafron…any news from France?

• 23 TorqToon // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Tuff – I’ve never stated I’ve had any contacts with NUFC mate. Still don’t, and most probably never will.

• 24 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Sliema
    Lol soz mate!
    Yeah it was Cabs, he was on re tweeting bender!

Maybe he was trying to drum up some support to show he’s highly regarded among football fans still after he dropped down the international pecking order?

• 25 TorqToon // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Andyctoon – Saw through my plan!!! Thought it was so well hidden! May as well admit I want to be the next JFK.

Unreal!

• 26 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Mister Tuff
    In all fairness to Torq he never stated he had any contacts within NUFC, but merely heard things from French clubs/ Players whilst working for them

Itk or not personally always liked his football insight and opinions on players/games

• 27 TorqToon // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Anyway let’s get back to the blog!

Newcastle won’t sign anybody else, relegation battle ahead and all of our good players will be sold for peanuts, either in the summer, or January!

Ah that’s better. Normal service has been resumed.

• 28 niafron // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:54 PM

@Jesper

Nothing puting aside Cabella going to the world cup. Wich reduce the chance to see him wearing our shirt if you ask me.

• 29 scout // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Newcastle

• 30 BandB // Jun 7, 2014 at 3:57 PM

I tried to write a dignified critique of Torq Toon’s past contribution.
    He has answered it in kind without any of the malice that is typical on this blog.
    His answer was better than my question.
    I hope there is no piling on goes on now. Because I will be piling on his side.

• 31 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Niafron…is Benzema going? You know you lot might surprise in Brazil if you are free from him, Ribery and Nasri :)

*Are we still allowed to use smileys on here; we have had our problems with censorship on here that last few days!

• 32 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Torq
    How’s it going anyway?
    You’ve probably noticed my once positive attitude has pretty much upped sticks and p1ssed off for the foreseeable future in regards to the toon!
    Hand on heart genuinely believe were in trouble

With Pardew at the helm the football has definitely suffered and a lot of players seem disillusioned and seemingly imo want out
    That’s just the footballing side!

The way Ashley has conducted business I believe has heavily damaged the clubs reputation within the football world
    With the constant low balling on bids, selling star players, bold claims of not wanting Europe or cup runs or even to push the top 8 i really don’t see how we can attract players from the continent without…

A) offering the club up as a stepping stone to further there career, which given the Yanga fiasco is questionable
    B) offering huge wages, which we know he won’t do

Then there’s the shambles that is the NUFC backroom
    Promoting Charnley and Beardsley?
    Beardsley has already been removed from the role once and Charnley was simply the accountant
    There’s no fresh ideas on the football side of the club
    I just can’t see us improving the team or league position

• 33 TorqToon // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:01 PM

BandB – Thank you. It’s very much appreciated.

• 34 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:02 PM

…and you are probably right about Cabella. Personally thought that one was dead in the water even before his call-up. But you never know I suppose!

• 35 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Does anybody think Mbwia has been played as a full back because Mikeys pi$$ boils at the thought of 7M sitting on the bench.

• 36 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:05 PM

BandB/Torq,
    Peace, love and blog harmony is the way forward, two shining examples of how people should conduct themselves !

• 37 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM

@GFN_France: La Provence: Andre Ayew wants to leave Marseille, they claim.
    Details: http://t.co/gPSdjD3Cbi #OM

Why the sudden rush for all players to ligue 1?

• 38 jazzyp // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:06 PM

JFA
    Make that 14mill with Benny bench warming as well !!

• 39 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM

No because Pardew has had better options on FB.

…Think he just rates the Willo/Colo combo. It might be Pardew’s way of seeing if he can fit him in somehow!

• 40 TorqToon // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Tads – as I said, my positive outlook has taken a heck of a beating last season. So I understand what you are saying.

Do I think under pardew, carver and Ashley we will get back to how it used to be with our beloved club, no I don’t. Unfortunately, even if pardew were to go, trying to attract a top level manager with a new style of management whilst MA is at the helm, would be nigh on impossible.

• 41 Online Guy // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Torq Toon ,

Welcome back Sir. .Always a good read and Informative .

• 42 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Jazzyp…makes you wonder how the bench might look next season?

• 43 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Torq
    Yup, as i said just feel the damage Mike Ashley has done to the club reputation has royally shafted us!
    Nout much sadly will change until he fills his pockets with every penny he can grab and scurry of back to Totteridge

• 44 niafron // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM

@Jesper

Well, without Ribéry t teach him about stupid things to do, maybe Benzema will do fine…

@TADS

As i said some weeks ago, “El Loco” is going to change everything in Marseille.

So i hope our scouts followed that closely, cause will be some opportunities…

• 45 Online Guy // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM

John Tudor

Are you well ? If your reading this ..I’m wondering how your test’s went and hoping your ok. Let uz know man .

• 46 BandB // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Niafron,

Would you like to expand on that?
    I haven’t come across that elsewhere in my reading.

• 47 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Torq…I think there are plenty of great managers out there who would love to work in the PL. Even for a guy like Ashley or that Tan fella.

…Ashley might even end up respecting a manager more if he stood up for both himself and the fans. Maybe it’s me wishing :)

• 48 BandB // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:16 PM

JT,

Yeah, let us know if you are okay.

And that doesn’t mean saying you are great in one post and then saying you are dead five minutes later.

• 49 jazzyp // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:17 PM

—————-Tiote
    —————–santon
    —————–Sissoko
    —————–Hba
    —————–Cabella
    ——————Siem dj

if Pardew has anything to do with it

• 50 Online Guy // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:17 PM

JT

Dah di Dah

• 51 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I hope JT is alright if I have missed something :(

• 52 niafron // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Expected french starting eleven:

——————-Lloris—————
    -Debuchy—Varane—-Sakho—-Evra-
    ——————Cabaye———–
    ———–Pogba——–Matuidi——
    —-Rémy——————–Griezmann-
    ——————Benzema————-

With maybe Koscielny instead of Sakho and Valbuena instead of Rémy.

We bet everything on Varane, Pogba and Griezmann…

• 53 scout // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:19 PM

What a horse Australia just hosed up in the Derby for anyone who follows the gg’s

• 54 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Jazzyp… Haha :)

…don’t even go there mate!

• 55 niafron // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:19 PM

@Band B

About Ribéry, about Marseille, or about Cabella?

• 56 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Niafron…not a bad team there mate, but I would drop Benzema ;)

• 57 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:21 PM

BandB
    Did i miss JT’s post?
    It’s not showing up is he alright?

• 58 Online Guy // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:21 PM

BandB , JT was having Heart tests done . Said he was thinking of selling all his gear…Radio Equipment …and in the depths of despair .

• 59 BandB // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Niafron,

About El Loco and the locomotive affects of his stewardship. And what we could get from it. If that is not too selfishly parochial of me.
    AND….would you rather have the French team at this WC, or Les Anglos?

• 60 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:22 PM

If we had something to be positive about then the blog would be fully of happy comments, if Marveaux had came in for a suspended Obertan who had been excellent and scored one and set two up and took his place then we could discuss things like that, but when we haven’t had a signing for nearly eighteen months, we get told by a drunken JfK that he’s the new Dof, the club pretty much saying there’s no desire to win anything, we’ve all witnessed for three and a half years now Pardews football, please enlighten me as to what there’s to be positive about.

• 61 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:22 PM

niafron
    Must of missed your post about OM, what’s El Loco?
    Heard that OM are in some financial trouble along with Lyon, is that right?

• 62 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:24 PM

JFA
    Spreadsheets?

• 63 sparky55 // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Ed…sometimes it’s better to say nothing rather than come up with sh!te like that.

we all appreciate you’re just doing your best to attract traffic to your site but that has got to be the worst topic of conversation I’ve seen on here ever.

Maybe we should make a list of Ed’s top 10 worst ever blog topics…from memory there’s plenty of material to work with but this one stands out a street mile as being the worst ever.

• 64 TorqToon // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Jail – as it stands, we as fans have been through the ringer big time in the past 18months. So nothing much to be positive about whatsoever.

Perez looks a decent player and cost peanuts really, so i guess that’s a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. But we really need some serious investment in players, and probably more importantly, coaching staff. Carver et Al are way too antiquated for the modern game. Surely we can attract a better calibre of coach than what we have now?

• 65 BandB // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Online Guy,

We do need to do this pastoral care thing. Even to Slank.

JT.

Light the lamp on your little boat and let us know you are there.
    Maybe, as a community, we fans will lift each other up in more than just these little things.
    I miss you x

• 66 Online Guy // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:30 PM

I’m off to a barbie in the rain ..I’m not taking a brolly …naw..it’ll be indoors.. whoosh )))))))))))))

• 67 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:30 PM

tads,
    I spent 90 minutes doing an XL document of our accounts and it was actually more interesting than the 1-0 win over Palace.

• 68 TorqToon // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:34 PM

If JT is in a bad way, I hope he turns it around and gets back to health.

Whilst our fall out’s on here have been well documented, some things are more important than NUFC. Get well soon John.

• 69 Mister Tuff // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:35 PM

tads/torq – I was confirming that torq had not professed to have Toon contacts. -not that he had.

• 70 niafron // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:37 PM

“El loco” is the nick name of Marcelo Bielsa.

To have him as Marseille new manager is considered kind of a revolution in France, cause he will bring another managment in Marseille, the most historical french club.

It’s like a symbol of ” la nouvelle ligue 1 ” (the new ligue 1), an idea who became widly popular this season after what happened in Paris and Monaco.

You probably not aware of it, but there’s ferocious arguments in France about the lack of professionalism in our football.

If you ask players, they will all tell you they learned to play in France, but they learned to work in foreign championships.

With his almost military methods, Bielsa is considered by many as the man who will revolutionize the training process in France, by changing the emblematic club Marseille is.

First of all, he studied very closely the players of Marseille’s academy, as he always emphasized on bringing young lads to the first team rather than paying huge fees for recruitment.

Would be one millions more things to say about him, but about NUFC, the interesting point is Marseille’ squad will be totaly changed in the next two months.

• 71 Mister Tuff // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM

JT had a stent fitted at the Freeman Hospital a year/year and a half ago. If your about give us a shout.

• 72 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Torq,
    I’d love to know the connection that got an out of work league one manager who’d been sacked at his previous three clubs a job without interview at our club.

• 73 santonthenewmaldini // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:43 PM

@Jail For Ashley !!

Thats a simple one he sent in a CV and Mike said :
    You will not be in charge of buying players , we will provide them for you , we may sell your best ones without replacement , you will need to lie to the fans BUT if you keep us up every season and put up with no ambition you will have a gig for life as long as I am owner!!!

Seeing as under normal circumstances Pardew would have never got a shot at another decent sized club pretty sure he said YES PLEASE MIKE SCREW ME OVER!!!!!

• 74 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Mister Tuff,
    Good afternoon,
    Do you think the club think that four signings will be enough this summer and if we do sign four what use is the statement of we’ll only sign one or two a year.

• 75 niafron // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:46 PM

@Band b

And about France and England at the world cup, i will not even answer to that question….

VIVE LA RÉPUBLIQUE ET VIVE LA FRANCE!

• 76 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:48 PM

my dad is fine and well he posts very little under another monicker he is,as online transmits.he has bigger fish to fry

• 77 dutchy // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Zakaria Bakkali available for 3m Euros! We have to sign him

• 78 yo-yo // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Is Lese Majeste related to Les Ferdinand ?
    OMG not another of Torq’s useless tipoffs.

• 79 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Santon,
    I agree, but on a serious note I wonder how and why he in particular was chosen, I don’t believe for one moment the gambling debt story, but possibly that him and Llambias knew each other.

• 80 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:52 PM

after a run in with mr tds and hacked account ed allowed him to use another name ergo john tudor is dead unless ed resurrects him

• 81 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:52 PM

ttwo,
    Are you sure ?

• 82 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:53 PM

positivo

• 83 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:56 PM

hacking of these accounts on here are pathetic but unquestionably morally wrong aswell as illegal

• 84 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:57 PM

ttwo,
    Are you implying TDSarf aka South East businessman of the year, winner of the apprentice, inexhaustible donator to charity and general all round good bloke hacked one line wonder John Tudors account.

• 85 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:59 PM

ed would not know i do not know and i cannot comment the the person or persons responsible

• 86 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:59 PM

dutchy,
    What does he do, or more importantly how free is he ?

• 87 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 4:59 PM

that the

• 88 Mister Tuff // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Jail – afternoon – the question is enough for what. Ultimately it depends on who we sign -if its Perez(confirmed) Colback, Cabella and Gomis. My shout woud be that at best we are only going to be treading water. So that would translate to below mid table.
    If the aspirations were top six – with those four signings -no chance.
    So if it is only going to be those players -bearing in mind -our last five months of relegation form -we are going to be in the claggy. Mr T and Colbacks’ primary duties will be to protect our shocking defence (league table does not lie) -probably at the expense of not getting forward too much.
    Conversely -if we had a couple of star forwards -the team might be adapted/structured to support them -ie get forward more.- thus relieving pressure on Colo and Willo.
    So overall, it looks like, in my humble opinion, that we are not going to progress that much -or if at all. So from what I see (so far) I cannot be optimistic.

• 89 stuart no9 // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:03 PM

ED —-there’s talk of jackie millburn coming out of retirement to help the club out . Don’t know if it’s true or not but hey who knows ? If cabs can do it why can’t Wor Jackie like ???

• 90 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:03 PM

ttwo,
    Was somebody posting under your account.

• 91 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:05 PM

he is enjoying his new ft987 and kenwood ts 450s and his 11 meter radios touche

• 92 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:05 PM

no under my fathers

• 93 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Mister Tuff,
    I should have worded that differenly, if exactly the four players you mentioned were signed do you think it will be enough to tread water which is ultimately the aim, BandB thinks we’re being lined up for a sale, I don’t agree.

• 94 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:07 PM

ttwo,
    So what’s your fathers new moniker.

• 95 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Mister Tuff,
    That season we finished fifth a conscious decision was taken at the club to go ahead with Anita as the only first team signing (imo that was only made because we thought Chelsea would up their 18M bid on Tiote) as that would be enough for us to tread water, a decision that made a mockery of all the players we feigned to get over the line that summer and one that backfired spectacularly, one of the things Mashleys ever decreasing supporters loved to point out was that he learns ftom his mistakes, which has been consistently proved wrong, if they sign just enough to tread water again a panic spree in January might be to late.

• 96 stuart no9 // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:29 PM

JFA——@95 And that’s if we have a good season !

• 97 Mister Tuff // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:29 PM

jail – if it’s just those four I think we will struggle -hit and miss type season – might win a few then get beat -two steps forward and one back. If it’s really going badly – the purse is opened in January.
    Looks like the objective is to acquire the tv cash -at the expense of anything else. -ie any football ambitions.

• 98 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:39 PM

he wishes to remain anonymous for good reason bet send best wishes to all and sundry

• 99 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:39 PM

but damn this egyptian key pad

• 100 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:41 PM

ttwo,
    I can’t understand why, what’s the world coming to.

• 101 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM

it s easy saw it on ebay like the layout hmmm reasonable price you know got to have it

• 102 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Shite when the blog dies and you’re stopping in on a Saturday night.

• 103 Joe1987 // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Hi all, don’t know if it’s been mentioned before but what do people think of Steven Caulker and Ashley Williams? Imo, I think they would make a strong partnership and both could be cheap enough? Might strengthen us up at the back as well…..?

• 104 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:17 PM

I see Reus is out of the World cup now along with many others like Ribery .

What is the point in these meaningless friendlies that can ruin a players chances to take part in the worlds biggest tournament ? .

• 105 sweendog // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Not caulker too slow .. Williams would be a good signing

• 106 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Joe,
    Ashley Williams done the honourable thing and signed a new deal after we tried to exploit his get out clause, makes you wonder the character of the players we’re signing these days when most of them are free or cheap on account of them refusing new deals.

• 107 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:20 PM

BPC,
    Some frienlies are very meaninglessness others not.

• 108 Go toon gooooo // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Demba Ba back?Yohan Cabaye back?Maybe Sebastian Bassong will be back.It doesn’t matter if Cabaye returns if we lose Hatem Ben Arfa.And even both Cabaye and Ben Arfa play together in Newcastle still we have poor manager.Alan Pardew out.His best job is scouting good players.Nothing else.

• 109 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Go toon goooo
    Seeing as Ben Arfa rarely kicked a ball for us last season what difference does it make if he’s here on not?

• 110 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Niafron
    Ah cheers for the run down mate!
    So he’s basically going to completely restructure the squad?
    If it’s true they have been in contact over Yanga we should angle a swap deal for N’Kalou!

• 111 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:39 PM

BPC
    You mean like tonight’s ego booster against Honduras?

• 112 GeordieTwo // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:45 PM

The answer to the question above is no. Cabaye wants to play for a decent club run by sane people.

• 113 GeordieTwo // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Important news lads! The Cacapa deal is back on! It’s looking very promising now. He’s trying to find his old footy boots in the closet and looking into buying some slim wear until he can lose some weight! Huzzah!!!

• 114 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:48 PM

tads,
    Are Honduras and Ecuador not similar levels to Costa Rica and that’s why we’ve played them ?

• 115 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I think we should play the team that will start against Italy tonight though.

• 116 GeordieTwo // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:51 PM

How many others think the way forward is a central defense of Cacapa and Saylor? Yes!!!! Cool headed Cacapa and stroppy Saylor!!! Beautiful.

• 117 GeordieTwo // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Cabaye would be much too expensive to bring back. There’s no profit in that. We’ll concentrate on bringing in more untested and unknown players like Perez. Are we worried about being relegated? Definitely not! Harrumph!

• 118 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:55 PM

JFA
    Maybe but we always seem to have p1ss easy friendlies like Jamaica before a big tournament to get the hype going
    Sadly we only bumble through then if lucky blag the group stages!

• 119 GeordieTwo // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Remember lads, the key to ultimate victory (ie. huge profits) for wor club is cunning and deceit!

• 120 GeordieTwo // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Bassong is poor enough that I think we could afford him! I’m going to look into it for wor Graham immediately!

• 121 Go toon gooooo // Jun 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    Hatem Ben Arfa is a PLAYER.He really plays football with his head and is not a programmed machine like most of the players.Yes he loses balls occasionally but winger is very very hard position for playing.You can’t pierce through opponent’s defence every time in these times of atomic football and he is doubled almost every time.And do not forget:He is Chris Hughton acquisition not Parde.If Parde thinks that Sissoko is a better winger than Ben Arfa OK Pardew stay ,Ben Arfa leave.But Newcastle will be weakened greatly.And by the way his goal against Bolton(Premier League team in that time)is something rarely seen in the world of football.The question about Ben Arfa staying is something that can’t be questioned.Ben Arfa is a PLAYER.I’m so sorry about his horrible injury at Manchester City that engrave fear to the end of football player’s career but that doesn’t mean that Peter Cech,Eduardo Da Silva,and Ben Arfa himself are fully different individuals.

• 122 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I would refuse to play in one of these friendly’s .

You get to go to what, 2 or 3 world cups if you are lucky and all these players are risking injury for the sake of a kick about .

Fair enough if it is a team full of players that have never played together before, but in most cases you know how your countrymen play after numerous training matches .

Ribery probably won’t make the next world cup as he will be 35 . Shame really because I want all the best players on the planet to be there and fit .

On a side not I think the Germans or Argentinians will win it .

• 123 scout // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Belgium and england to score 2 or more this fine evening a cheeky double

• 124 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Go toon goooo
    Yeah but he never plays so how does that answer how we will miss him?
    Your talking about the HBA of two seasons back btw, not the Larry lump that begrudgingly trots round the pitch now

• 125 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:14 PM

@nufcfans: Qatari club Al-Sadd are ready to offer Steven Taylor a lucrative contract to lure him away from #NUFC. (Sky Sports)

Come on lads if we all chip in we can get his plane ticket

• 126 scout // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Hows he porked up? Lifestyle change?

• 127 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:17 PM

@TransferSources: Liverpool are close to completing a deal for Bayern Munich’s winger Xherdan Shaqiri.

Liverpool will be bloody scary next season!

• 128 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:27 PM

@ tads

They sure will m8 :

——————–Gerrard————————
    ———-Can——————–Coutinho——–
    ———————Suarez————————-
    ——-Sturridge——————-Shaqiri——–

Sterling, Lambert & Lucas on the bench as well .

Everyone else improving and for the 3rd transfer window in a row we are standing still . Even worse this time as most of our better players have left .

• 129 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:31 PM

He,s been gone like 5 months! Do you really think PSG would be willing to let him return to us? Not going to happen?

• 130 scout // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:32 PM

If the price is 20 million they can keep him

• 131 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:35 PM

What is the obsessive Cacapa thing about?

• 132 lochinvar // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Of course Cabaye can return – he’ll be signed as a loan player

• 133 Sliema // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Tads

No worries haha, nowt wrong with getting your hopes up for a moment, pretty used to that!

Maybe, or, maybe he’s actually interested in returning? Either way, can’t see is shelling out the same fee, or matching his new salary either!

Would you take him back?

• 134 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Sliema
    In a heartbeat mate
    He really was the core of the team he made everything tick and pulled all the strings
    I’d have Ba back too
    Not that it matters though, as you say wages and transfer/loan fees we’d never pay them!

• 135 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 7:57 PM

BPC
    If Manure don’t massively strengthen and city remain the same-ish I could see that Liverpool team pushing for the title again next season

And yep were watching the world go by again
    It’s a year since we told Cabaye yes you can leave, 18 months since Demba was sold and yet still neither player has been replaced

• 136 seantoon // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Toonarmydownsouth
    I wouldn’t think Shaqiri will be going anywhere till at least after the World Cup! Apparently Ribery’s injury is a real serious one and there’s rumours he may even retire this summer. Surely Bayern couldn’t risk losing 2 of the best wingers in the world in one summer in my opinion!

• 137 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:18 PM

seantoon
    He barely played for them last season, 10 league starts and only 7 league sub appearances
    Reckon he could well leave can’t see him wanting to stay just as cover for the season

• 138 seantoon // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Yeh I know what u mean but if he has a good World Cup and with Ribery’s out I can just see this being his season at Bayern and him becoming one of the top players in the world. I used to watch him at Basle and knew he was going to be the dogs bollocks.. I just pray to god he doesn’t end up at Liverpool

• 139 cestriasteve // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Torq, great to see you mate, mind if I pick your brains? Who would suit the EPL better, Grenier or Cabella and do you think Siem de Jong has the pace to adapt to the EPL.

• 140 Sliema // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Tads

Yeh, I’d take Ba back too mate, and Cabs. I agree, he really did pull the strings. It’s a shame, with what we are (not) willing to spend, we’ll do very well to find anyone else like those two. A midfield general is pretty pricey (and incredibly rare) anyway, we got lucky with cabs, no other big clubs had caught on I guess. But that’s a 1-in-10. Same for Ba, to get an actual goalscorer, for pittance, or zero in his case, is pretty damn difficult.

I don’t mind applauding the shrewd business and fantastic signings like those two, but they’re one-offs, and very hard to replicate every window.

What do you reckon our biggest fee will be this summer? 8mil? 10?

• 141 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Shola getting a start vs USA

• 142 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Sliema
    Honestly don’t know mate
    Would love to think we are going to go out and do the business needed but at the same time wouldn’t be surprised to see us put Oerez in the development squad get Colback and McCormack and that be our business done!!!

seantoon
    No one wants to see Liverpool doing well!!!
    But sadly they look to be making some brilliant signings this summer

• 143 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:37 PM

How can a man who thinks (or thought) disabled kids deserve their affliction be allowed to voice an opinion, a bit like Hitler being invited to a race relations convention.

• 144 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I was at a friendly against Norwich in 2006 and there was a lightning storm, we all thought that 22 players would be hitting the deck at once there was that much rain on the pitch.

• 145 scout // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Everyone entitled to an opinion, thats the beauty of the country we live in.

• 146 Graeme // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:15 PM

It is now being reported that Liverpool have agreed to sell Suarez to Real Madrid for only £117 MILLION!!

Watch them set the leage alight next season, Will be very interesting to see who they bring in. I wonder if they will show similar levels of commitment to NUFC??!!!

• 147 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Scout,
    I should have said being paid to voice an opinion.

• 148 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Would be great if Ian Wright unorthodoxically punched Adrian Chiles straight on the nose.

• 149 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Chiles should be sent out to the centre circle and be forced to hold a metal rod above his head in hope he gets struck down with lightning.

Watch the whole stadium cheer as it happens ;) .

• 150 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Hoddle sweating like a fat lass in a bakery :) .

• 151 scout // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:33 PM

BpC
    I just laughed so hard I thought my inards were gonna come out of my mouth, funniest thing I have read in my life seriously haha class mate

• 152 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Scout,
    Did you grow up in a monastery ?

• 153 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Scout,
    I never read the lightning rod bit, but you’ve never read catch 22 then.

• 154 Marty-Toon // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:50 PM

He won’t wanna come back,it would seem like he’s been a failure at a top club.
    He will wanna try next year to break into a starting roll

• 155 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:53 PM

@nufcfans: #NUFC will offer Hull £4million plus Steven Taylor for centre back Curtis Davies. (Mirror)

• 156 Sliema // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Tads

Jesus, that can’t happen can it? Even Ashley isn’t that stupid. I think we’ll get somebody in, hopefully Cabella, maybe Siem De Jong. But I can’t handle the thought that our business is almost complete.

• 157 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Italy are going to destroy us .

• 158 jimmysmith // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:59 PM

………………………………..Krul

Debuchey………?????………Colo……….Santon

……………………..Colback……Tiote………..

………..Sissoko…………..Cabella……….Gouffran

……………………………?????????………

That’s not a bad side if we can get an upgrade on a Willo/ Taylor type centre back and a Remy calibre equivalent centre forward and one that can both work hard but also take teams on and play entertaining football.

I think you need Grenier or similar type too and some of the kids to step up and Newcastle might push on into legit top eight next season.

It’s got to be doable with the money we have in cash to pay up front. No bullshit, get it done. Anything less than seriously going after that really is just taking the piss at this stage of the game.

• 159 amble_ball // Jun 8, 2014 at 12:54 PM

What an absolutely ludicrous article with such a manipulative headline clearly only written to bump the number of visitors to this site. I’m not as annoyed about the fact that I wasted five minutes of my life reading it, but more about how easily it appears on the internet when searching for genuine NUFC news

• 160 musomag // Jun 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM