The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Close To Second Signing Of The Summer

8:20 am, Saturday, June 7th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 98 Comments

Newcastle are expected to announce their second signing of the summer soon, and their first permanent senior signing for over sixteen months, and it’s expected that Jack Colback will be that player, and he’s a free agent from neighbors Sunderland and the signing will probably be announced early next week and maybe on Monday.

Jack Colback

Jack Colback – Newcastle’s next signing

Jack is not unlike James Perch, who we sold last summer to Wigan, but Jack has more potential than James, and he is also versatile and a reliable player who gives 100% in every single game.

We watched him in the last few games of last season playing for Sunderland, and he played very well in those crucial games for the Black Cats, and has a bit of en eye for goal too.

He is only recently married and has two young sons, and probably wanted to stay in the north-east area after his marriage, but reports suggest he was keen to sign for the Magpies – his home town club –  as soon as he heard of Newcastle’s interest.

Jack will be fighting for a starting position in Newcastle’s midfield, or maybe at left back, and this lad is certainly versatile, and he will make lots of appearances for Newcastle in the coming season.

One of Newcastle;’s other top targets – Remy Cabella was called up for the French squad yesterday, along with Morgan Schneiderlin of Southampton as replacements for Franck Ribery and another Newcastle target Clement Grenier, who are both injured and not able to play in the World Cup.

And Cabella’s call-up could possibly complicate Newcastle’s pursuit of the 24 year-old winger, but Newcastle will go all out to try to sign the lad before next Thursday, otherwise this saga could drag on until after the World Cup finishes on July 13th, when pre-season will have already started.

Marseilles are long term admirers of Cabella and are said to have entered the fray.

Tags: Jack Colback · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

98 responses so far ↓

• 1 Bambams // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:24 AM

We need desperately offensive players that have pace. I am so fed up watching my team take an eternity to get into the opposition’s box.

All great teams are built with pace in their teams.
    imo

• 2 Charlietoon // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:32 AM

There is no way Mont will let Cabella go before the cup so he is done. Colback looks like a good get though why the hell we would play him at left back Ed is beyond me. Are you Pardew already playing him out of position or what????

• 3 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM

We are really going places with these signings! Wuhuu

• 4 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:43 AM

I have absolutely NO PROBLEM ! with the fact that this guy has been playing for the scum for the last few years!

It is typical that some don,t want this lad just because of this fact but i,m not one of them, he is a local lad after all!
    Add to this the reports that his preferred club to go to is us and he turned down the Hammers ( 50,000 a week ) to come to St James, i, however would welcome him in the Squad.
    My hate for the Scum don,t go so deep as some of you lot?

The whole deal is not done yet though and knowing the way our Transfer Policy is? It may not even go through?
    See, that the Swans, have tied down Castaignos for next season, there,s one we missed! But then a lot of teams in The Dutch League are in Financial difficulty, and could be scouted, and there are a lot of talented players who would, given the chance? be able to step up to the Prem!

We need to start widening our horizons when it comes to our scouting system and not continually go for French!

• 5 Greebol1892 // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:45 AM

IMO Colback is a good signing – not a glamour signing but still a solid player who gives 100% and can pass.
    Realistically I can only see 1 more signing with 1 or 2 loan deals coming in. Probably 1 of those a loan striker.
    As he has proven, Ashley likes the cautious approach so he can always wait til January window if we are close to / in the relegation places.
    An ambition-less billionaire with large hands, small pockets and a sewn-up wallet.
    IMO we are OK with Cisse & Gouffran as main strikers – Perez & Armstrong as back-up.
    Possibly we may sign a keeper as I believe Krul has higher ambitions than settling for perennial PL survival / mid-table medicrity along with no interest in competing in cup competitions.

• 6 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I don’t really care that he’s ginger, ex-scum or a local lad…or that it’s convenient for him to stay up north with a local wife and two kids!

…I just think he is very average on too high wages.

• 7 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 8:53 AM

…he might give 100% (actually I don’t know that), but the stats states he likes very short passes and he might not like to be in possession – maybe that means he can pass?

• 8 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM

If he comes, he should be given a chance !

Someone down the line, said SJP is like playing in a Goldfish Bowl ? ( Jermaine Jenas ? ) He has had the experiance of playing in the Derbies and will be hated by the Scum if he does come to us? That is for me a good reason to let him make the step, if he wants to!

• 9 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM

…any player coming here should be given the chance! I thought that went without saying?

• 10 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Got no problem with Colback from the scum. If he is as half as good as the last player I can remember from the Scum – Stan Anderson then I’ll be happy.
    Still need another 4 or 5 players in of quality – at least it’s a start.

• 11 BandB // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Greenbol1892

I think you could be right there.
    Carl Bach (Known as “The Rent Man”) can play in a lot of positions. He will go into the midfield, maybe in the “Jonas” position and Gouffran will be counted as a striker. Business done before the World Cup along the lines Charnley outlined.
    What’s not to like?
    Then all we need to do is to draft in a loanee or two, get rid of the expensive dead wood (Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Mbiwa) and maybe replace the goalie, as you say.
    Then it will just be a case of fighting off offers we can’t refuse for Tiote, Sissoko, Santon etc.

Think of all the grief such a simple plan would save.

• 12 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Bracewell, Venison and Clark no problem, it’s not the team he played for that is the problem, it’s that he’s proper ginger.

• 13 Greebol1892 // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM

BandB

Of course with the new signings comes the Pardew element of random positions. Perez LW? Colback RW? It’s anyone’s guess where he plays them……

TBH I can’t see anymore of our best players going unless a daft-money bid comes in. 8m quid will probably be enough to let Santon go, even though he wants to stay. I don’t think Tiote would improve the midfield of most top-half teams. Sissoko will go next season after he has proved himself in PL and we should get 10m for him (nice profit for Ashley).

ASHLEY OUT. PARDEW OUT.

• 14 theartfuldodger // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Its hillarious really…Ashley is the most desperate man this window. We are odds in for relegation..have no strikers or wingers or a creative midfield…but the club behaves as if they have it all together…as if theyr in command…In reality theyr in deep poop in a world cup year…Arrongance is gonna spell demise…And to be honest it was all just buildig up with the non activity…

• 15 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM

We can sign good players for less money? Penny Pinch on 1 or 2 loanees even ?

• 16 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Greebol,
    Jimmysmith who is normally quite a sensible poster quoted the other day that we do try to keep our best players, this statement is in despite of Pardew advertising them every window, I wonder how many fans out there think the same as Jimmy.

• 17 toon kk // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Be careful Mike, you don’t want to over spend now! Expecially when we’re heading back to the championship come the end of next season.

• 18 Greebol1892 // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Forgot to mention Debuchy. I said from day one he signed for us that he is a class act. Best RB we have had for many years. After strutting his stuff in the WC I can see him going to a top European club for a tidy Ashley profit. Like Cabaye, he’s just too good for us and deserves better. We have both the Taylors & Anita to fill in there *cough, cough*

• 19 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM

If Pardew does,nt get his act right and get them playing like a team, we will still be fighting to get points by Christmas !

How many talented players and so called Youth Talent can taint by the time he,s finnished?
    Ben Arfa should be kept on and given a new deal, by the way, unless a astronomical offer comes in for him!

• 20 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:58 AM

And Santon,
    That’s why we don’t need a quality RB back up.

• 21 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 9:58 AM

hey just lets try and get shot of this lot by any means

• 22 Greebol1892 // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:01 AM

JFA

I agree, it goes hand-in-hand with having a clueless, gobshite manager. Loves to talk about our players being attractive propositions for other clubs when he should just STFU. Fat chance – fat owner (and greedy).

• 23 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Jail
    Can you remember a PROPER Ginger playing for the TOON – I cannit’

• 24 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:03 AM

If Colback and Gomis are our trophy signings this summer and results dont go right I can’t see Pardew lasting till Christmas, how can he survive hiding in his dugout till then.

• 25 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:06 AM

You think he will resign?

• 26 the truth will out // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:07 AM

no he is unresignable

• 27 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM

..and unsackable (unless relegation is at the front door)

• 28 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Charlie,
    Steve Watson was the only one I could think of but someone came up with Butt, Hooper and more recently Adam Campbell.

• 29 BandB // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM

JFA,

Angry as you are, I think you still make the mistake of thinking of us as a football club.
    The label might still say Newcastle United, but the product is Sports Direct.
    Pardew is a VERY special man. Unique and irreplaceable to Ashley.
    And as he and Ashley say: “They don’t get us.”
    What is happening now makes perfect sense to someone.

• 30 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Jesper
    What are colbacks wages?

• 31 HBA Must Stay // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:12 AM

This site used to be great! In between pi55ing about cancelling App Store adds and listening to everybody whining!! Depressive!!! You all whine about the fat cockney B and his little sidekick, but I’ll bet a lot of you have bought season tickets???? Just keep him happy chaps!!!! It’s all your doing!!!

• 32 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Jail
    I wouldn’t class them as PROPER GINGER, GINGER (CARROT TOP) ya kna what I mean

• 33 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Well, it’s a year since JFK told Cabaye he could leave

It’s 18 months since Ba was sold

Its 18 months since we’ve signed a senior team player
    But it’s okay we’ve got Colback in the bag
    Don’t get me wrong decent squad signing but with Tiote Anita and Sissoko is this really a position we needed to make a signing in?

Surely a CB a RW a LW 2 CF’s and a CAM were the absolute priority?

• 34 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Apparently WHam offered £50k so it will probably be close to that when he comes here.

• 35 BandB // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:20 AM

TADS,

He plays in a few positions (very important). He will be a Pardew man (even more important) and he is free and can be signed before the World Cup.
    I would have said he was a TOP priority.

• 36 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Jesper
    Why will it be close to what WHU reportedly offered him?

• 37 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:22 AM

BandB
    Yup another of Pardews much coveted utility players
    Jacks of all trades masters of none…..

No wonder we look sh1te, only one or two players who are specialists in there positions

• 38 BandB // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:26 AM

TADS,

He is another defensive bulwark to our five man midfield. We can now start calling Gouffran a striker (meaning clamour for one fewer.)
    Colback kills to birds with one stone. And I bet he’s not on £50 grand a week.

• 39 Fostino // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:29 AM

not overly excited by this purchase…does he make the best starting 11…I should hope not

• 40 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:30 AM

BandB
    But if the Goof goes up front (and bags his average 8 goals a season) who will play LW!!!
    And yeah the lad won’t be on anywhere near £50k
    Mid twenties I’d imagine, wasn’t he the lowest paid player in the scums senior team?

• 41 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:32 AM

tads…why not?

• 42 JAMSHA // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:33 AM

with grenier injurd we should snap him soon…and den try for cabella

• 43 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Jesper
    Because we generally only offer around the £30k area, why would we offer him more than Cabaye is on?

• 44 BandB // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:34 AM

TADS,

I didn’t say he WOULD be a striker. I said they will CALL him one.
    All the difference in the world, see….

• 45 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:35 AM

tads…because he’s free and he might had opted for WHam did we not!

• 46 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM

BandB,
    As you well know I’ve always said Pardew’s going nowhere in a hurry it’s just that I don’t know how long hell be able to hide in that dugout.
    Charlie,
    Campbell is probably the nearest carrot top but not really a first teamer.
    tads,
    The only difference between Perch and Colback is that Perch was never going to sell for 4M, there’s a chance that Colback might.
    HBA,
    The only thing that’s changed on here is the time between posts and as we haven’t had a first team signing in nearly 18 months what the fcuk do you want us to croon about, the slick passing football we watch week in week out.

• 47 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Jesper
    WHU have to offer him something because he wasn’t that keen on signing
    Seeing as he’s a toon fan wants to stay in the area and wants to sign there’s no reason to offer £50k
    That’s not an automatic wage for free transfers!!!

Besides £50k for a player who’s not good enough? Might as well join the toon then and count his cash next Obertan Taylor Marveux Cisse and Ben Arfa, he should fit right in

BandB
    Ah of course it all makes sense now!
    I fully expect us to re sign Shola….

• 48 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM

JFA
    No one will pay £4mil for ginger lad

We should get Bogdan now that’s a proper ginger

• 49 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:44 AM

tads…would you like for me to change my mind now that you have stated that Colback is a Toon fan, a local boy with family and that we apparently only offer around £30k a week to a player?

• 50 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Apparently Lukaku has said if they bring in Da Costa he’s off

• 51 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Jesper
    Not really, just don’t use the wages to knock his signing when you don’t what they are
    Just stick to the fact you don’t like him because you don’t think he’s good enough and he’s British

• 52 BandB // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Jail,

I think he knows they will all be out of it at the end of the season and he can take the heat.
    The wage bill is being assiduously reduced. Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Mbiwa and Jonas are all on big wages and out of favour.
    I think we are being lined up for a sale.
    I know you don’t buy it. But as old Van Helsing said in Dracula: If the impossible is the only explanation, it might be true.

TADS….I thought we would keep Shola.

• 53 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:50 AM

BandB
    Given the fact we have a CF with a broken Kneecap maybe we should of!

• 54 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:51 AM

tads,
    My theory is that Nolan went for 4.5 and Colback despite his gingernish might be worth the same one day.
    BandB,
    You know my theory on when Mashers will sell.

• 55 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:52 AM

tads…so let me get this right and feel free to correct me. I cannot state Colback is overpaid or on something close to £50k without having that on writing?

..but you can correct me by saying and I quote “Because we generally only offer around the £30k area”. And you have that on writing?

Are I missing anything?

• 56 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Jesper,
    You’re always missing something !
    Æ Ø Å

• 57 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I see you have learned the letters. Good for you – you had me a bit worried when you started to mention hybrid E’s!

• 58 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

jail…it’s a good thing that’s the only thing I am missing! You are worse off then I guess!

• 59 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Jesper
    Yeah your missing a wonky eyed smiley
    How can you say he’s overpaid when he hasn’t even signed a bloody contract!!!
    Cabaye might of been on marginally more, maybe £40?
    He got fined 2 weeks wages by the club, it was reported a £80k fine
    So yeah my numbers were slightly out but yeah there in writing rather a general made up rant based on a figure associated with another club by the daily mail

• 60 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM

tads…you are talking about Cabaye now. I thought by implying “we generally only offer around the £30k area” you were talking plural? Guess not then.

• 61 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Jesper
    Ba was just over, Tiote, Goof, Sissoko, Krul, Santon all reportedly on similar
    But yeah Colback will be right up near our wage cap

• 62 scout // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Id welcome colback hes quality, makes me laugh the mackems now saying hes not that good really. Just swallow it you mugs

• 63 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:14 AM

tads…so when you say reportedly is that from a paper? word of mouth or what are your written source?

…you seem to be very quick in deciding when it’s alright to use information and what’s substantiated?

For me a very important factor here is none of those you are mentioning are British. Whether you like it or not wages seem to be a bit higher for them. (not everyone of course)

That quote from the Daily seem to be just as reliable as you. That’s my god honest truth.

• 64 TorqToon // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I think Colback will surprise a few. Yeah he isnt marquee or anything like that, but as well as being a decent player, passion, grit and determination are what he brings!

Something we haven’t had in our squad last season!

• 65 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Jesper,
    You are one of the most argumentative so and so’s to ever use this blog !

• 66 Sav // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Glad we signed Colback who is a Geordie and will do a decent job but I hope our other signings mean he’s a fringe player. Of he surprises us all.

• 67 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Torq,
    Can you explain the difference between him and Perch.

• 68 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Jesper
    It’s from 90% of the sites that list player salaries

But yeah Daily mail

And please Jesper, don’t tell me what I’m quick in doing because that just straight up hypocritical from the etiquette master!

• 69 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:20 AM

And Jesper you are aware that in order to meet the league rules we do need to sign some British players now we’ve released Shola and Gosling?
    I know you have an unhealthy dislike for what these British footballers earn but we do need them in the squad

• 70 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Torq
    He’s no world beater but might be nice to have a bit if fight in the squad as opposed to some of the gutless wonders in the team

Still, he’s another deep midfielder, we really didn’t need him

• 71 TorqToon // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Jail – technically a better footballer mate. Similar type to perch, but in my opinion he is a better level of footballer.

• 72 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Jail…thanks I would return the complement but I don’t have one.

Torq…are you still over in France or are back in the UK?

tads…can we just move on?

• 73 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM

tads,
    I never thought about the British aspect and the rules that apply, I am very surprised that somebody at the club picked up on this while they were busy researching the true price of success.

• 74 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM

tads…could you go and check what Colback is on? and please do so again when we sign him. I am curious to what’s on!

• 75 TorqToon // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Jesp – I’m back in the UK for the summer (or what’s supposed to be a summer) and then back to work end of July.

Just cabella, De Jong, Ince and shawcross to go! ;)

• 76 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Torq,
    That’s good, I don’t think he’s a bad signing at all, but as tads says it’s not really a position that we are desperate for, the mantra on not signing a decent RB as cover was so that Tav could be given a chance, has Bigriama fallen so out of favour that the same logic can’t be applied, or is it that Colback is free and might be sold at a profit in two years time.

• 77 jazzyp // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Newexpat
    jazzyp // Jun 6, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Newexpat
    can explain to me why Siem de jong isn’t good enough for us please pal ???

Jazzyp @93 !

Read my comments again mate, the comparison had not crossed my mind? Correct me if i am wrong but Gomis is a striker while SDJ has more of a midfield role?
    Kets is right about his preference for Gomis though! Kudos for Kets !

I,ve watched SDJ play in different Stadiums across here and he is the better player of the two brothers, but like Luuk he has good days and bad days, and i doubt he would be able to keep up with the pace of the Prem?
    The Dutch League is a level below ours, and if we sign him? Nothing is confirmed, he may be a big hit at St James but he could also flop like Luuk?

But then, like you say, i know very little about theses matters, so i guess according to you, my vieuw or comments don,t count for much? I will say this though, PSV are in the hunt to sign De Jong and get him in Eindhoven which would be a Good signing for them because, lets face it, the team was Crap in the second half of the season and a lot of players would of failed with us the way we were playing.

There are four or five good players at Ajax we should be looking at before SDJ, and i know which they are? But then i doubt if you would be interested Jazzyp ?

Whats with the stroppy reply mate……..I only asked why Siem DJ isn’t good enough for us !!

• 78 stuart no9 // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Let’s be honest lads , it’s not looking good is it ? Something tells me we are going to be fighting like hell to stay up next season . I just hope And prey there will be 3 teams worse than us next season !

• 79 jazzyp // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Torq
    How are you buddy. I think there is better centre backs out there pal than Shawcross mate don’t you ??….Especially at the 12mill he was being priced at.

• 80 Toon1978 // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I was all against the Colback signing at first but thinking about it logically and sensibly and taking away the fact he played for Sunderland, this is quite a smart signing. We really have lost the grit and determination since Barton, Carroll and Nolan left. I think Colback will bring some of that back. He is no Cabaye but how many players are? The club seem to stringent once again so it’s going to be making the best at what we have got. Because of Nufc dithering and penny pinching, we have almost lost out on Cabella. We are struggling to come up with a second bid now, god knows how much he will cost after WC. To much time wasted on Cabella. Go and get Siem De Jong. Seems more a Cabaye replacement than Cabella.

• 81 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Stu 9,
    The only thing we’ve got going for us is that everyone predicted a relegation scrap last year and we were sixth at Christmas, maybe we’ll ensure safety again before Tiote is sold and the wheels fall off again.

• 82 tequilamag // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM

start we are one of only 8 pl clubs make a signing, if it`s not looking good for us, it

• 83 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Torq…do you still hear bits and pieces (or are you still keeping them to yourself?)

…I think the summer will come this year mate ;)

• 84 ToonMatt // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Absolute garbage, Ashley out!!!

• 85 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM

All this talk about Cabayes replacement, has everyone forgotten that three strikers left this summer.

• 86 tequilamag // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM

it`s not looking good for anyone

• 87 Toon1978 // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Torq

Yes I remember you saying Sissoko would arrive as well as a few others and you were spot on. Cabella AND De Jong would send the supporters nuts lol.

• 88 tequilamag // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM

sothampton man u man city liverpool everton arsenal. no signings yet..

• 89 Toon1978 // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:42 AM

JFA

TWO of them strikers never belonged to us in the first place. We have been screaming out for strikers for nearly for a long time now. The club papered over the cracks with the L.D.J and Loic Remy loan signings.

• 90 jazzyp // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Toon1978
    Not according to the likes of Spoof or Newexpat. Apparently SDJ is a pile of crap lol

• 91 TorqToon // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Jesp – is extortionate hear bits and bobs every day my friend but after successfully being awarded the honour of being a joke blog ITK, I just keep it to myself now and wait for the club to announce anything. Probably safer that way! :-)

Jazzy – I’m very well sir thank you. How are you? Yeah you are probably right. £12mil is extortionate for shawcross. But a player similar, and better value would be great. Would really compliment Yanga if he is allowed to play in his true CB position.

• 92 Toon1978 // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM

jazzyp

I have seen SDJ a few times and he comes across as a very tidy player. Not the quickest mind. I suppose it’s all down to opinion tbf but I would be happy if he came here :)

• 93 Toon1978 // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Torq

Let the doubters doubt, let the haters hate. I seen yor posts about signings and you were spot on. I come to the point were I was just looking for your posts lol.

• 94 jazzyp // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Toon 1978
    As I tried to tell kets yesterday, Name a player in our squad that offers what Sdj can bring to the table. A player we have craved to link the midfield and attack as one.
    Agree not the quickest but neither was cabs as they rely on there talent to do the talking

• 95 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Torq…we cannot be on everyone’s good side (not everyone feels that way you know)

…just don’t let it get to you. I had a feeling that maybe we weren’t being talked about so much anymore. Not sure if that’s the case?

• 96 Toon1978 // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Jazzyp

Exactly. Great post. We seriously lack that link between the midfield and up front. Having said that, we ain’t got a stroke force ATM Jazzy mate lol. Some work to be done by the club. They know it has to be done.

• 97 jazzyp // Jun 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Torq
    Im good mate thanks !
    If we were to sell Mym and Saylor, Would love to take a punt on Lovren. Maybe a deal in the offing as it looks like Southampton are selling there prize assets .
    Do you here much of Cheikhou Kouyate out there. A colossal of a CB and up for sale I think ??

• 98 stuart no9 // Jun 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Tequila —– have Liverpool not signed Ricky lambert ., an England international ?

previous post: Newcastle Manager Alan Pardew Delighted

next post: No Bids For Wilfried Bony – Are Newcastle Interested?