Colback Wants The Great Times Back At Newcastle United

Jack Colback is life-long fan of Newcastle United, having been born in Killingworth and went to Newcastle games when he was very young, and when he was just six years old,  he remembers well the 5-0 hammering we gave a certain Manchester United in October of 1996.

Don’t we all.

jack colback

Jack Colback in his black and white Newcastle strip

In this interview he talks about wanting the great times back at Newcastle United again:

“There will be fans who don’t want the move to happen because I have come from Sunderland,”   “But I would like to think that I can win over those fans and hopefully the majority will get behind me from the start.”

“When I step out on to the pitch, I will show passion for the team and shirt. Hopefully if all goes well, an ambition for me is to end my career here.”

“It would be a huge achievement for me if I could have such a successful time here, with Newcastle doing well and getting to cup finals with me in the team.”

“It would be great to bring those times back, like in the late 90s. If I could leave here something of a hero in a Newcastle shirt at the end of my career then that would be some achievement for me.”

“I’m really excited. I can’t wait to get going,” “It’s a special move for me personally, being a fan when I was younger and being part of my hometown team. It’s a bit of a dream come true to come here and wear the black and white shirt.”

“The manager, Alan Pardew, just wants Newcastle to progress and when I spoke to him that’s the message I got from him. I wanted to come here and get to the next level.”

“I want to be part of a team that wants to get in to the top eight in the Premier League. There was quite a few options to go elsewhere, but when I heard about Newcastle and the chance to come here.”

“I was buzzing about it. There was only one place I was going to end up.”

Colback has only recently returned from his honeymoon, so life is good for the 24 year-old at the moment, and it will be great to see Jack play for Newcastle.

It;s always good to have some Geordie lads playing for Newcastle United – because they know just exactly what a club like Newcastle United means to both the fans and to the City.

Howay The Lads!!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:26 AM

He obviously didn’t get the memo on how cup finals are the root of all evil, and that nobody wants to get to them.

• Markaccus

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM

This lad is a big reason why the makems stayed up. I am glad to see him in black and white. Whos in next? 😀

• Pardews Prolific Boys

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Lil he’ll be chastised for his remarks I’m sure

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:29 AM

PPB,
    Yup, he will probably be fined his first 2 weeks wages for saying that.

• Markaccus

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:34 AM

But aren’t Ginger people evil? Surely that gives him leeway.

• toon kk

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:34 AM

This transfer window, same as any other is all about every penny Mike can save. There’s nothing wrong with free signings but the way we’re run we’ll always have an average squad.

• cyprus

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Sorry to play devil’s advocate here but cups are secondary to the real business of moving up the league. Ask Birmigham and Boro for explanations 🙂

I do realise the desperation of an empty cabinet, before you jump.

• jazzyp

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Markaccus
    He was definitely a big player for them and helped resurrect there season from catastrophe. On a freebie I think it is good business for Nufc as the player would cost at least 5 mill on the open market if he was under contract.
    I still cant help smiling about that Makem statement lastnight hahahahahaha !!
    just imagine he scores against them next season and does the shush thing with the finger to the Mackem’s………They would go ballistic lol

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Lil,
    I know people say I’m not bothered about how much we spend as there are to many arguments to support the signing of big money failures but on the other hand there are only so many free transfers and ready made ‘gems’ out there, sometimes to progress you need to pay for the right player whether he’s a bargain or not, as in the case of Bony, Mashers must have thought 14M was his top end it’s proved not, surely with 45/50M to spare we can take a punt on a couple of marquee signings.

• jazzyp

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:42 AM

L’Equipe: Bafétimbi Gomis has been offered wages of €370k by Newcastle and a €2.5m bonus, but is more tempted by Turkey at present they say
    Thought we were in advanced negotiation’s with the lad ??

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Markaccus,
    I can’t comment on that as my recent ginger jibes have had Mike Williamsons Iron curtain linking me with race hate groups, homophobic organisations as well as distributing anti Semitic paraphernalia.

• cyprus

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Jail,
    absolutely

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Jail,
    I’ve got no problem if the club want to splash out more on players. I really don’t care if we spend £5million or £50 million as w=long as we get the right players in. As I said, more often then not, the price you pay and the quality of player are heavily linked so yes, larger fees will have to be paid. But I wouldn’t be bothered if we got a number of quality players in for little, whereas some would be annoyed about Ashley keeping the cash.

My argument has nothing to do with big money failures, it is more about ensuring we get the right people. If that means we have to spend, then we should spend. If we can get the required quality in without spending then fine.

• toonluvva

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I really hope that Colback makes the grade here.

But given the club’s current lack of ambition, I expect he’ll be gone in 2 years. Mr Ashley will be rubbing his hands at the prospect making another profit, whilst ensuring that the club don’t make a single step forward.