This Would Be A Poor Career Move For Ben Arfa

There is news in France today that Hatem Ben Arfa could be close to a move to a club in Qatari, where they pay out big money so we suppose that’s good – if money is important to him – but the football is of a poor standard.

ben arfa in action at soton 4-0

Ben Arfa – moving to Qatar not a good career move

And if the news in Get French Football News in True, that the 27 year-old is in advanced talks and eventually signs for the club – reported to be Lekhwiya. – it would be a bad career move to make for the mercurial Newcastle winger.

Ben Arfa is good enough to play for a top European club, but as we pointed earlier today he needs to get a handle on his temperament and be more disciplined – if he is going to perform regularly at the highest level.

Lekhwiya are said to be close to agreeing a deal to take former Swansea manager Michael Laudrup on as manager, and are apparently very close to signing Hatem Ben Arfa.

And given the Qatari club seem to have money to burn, they may even offer Newcastle a decent fee for the Frenchman – who is an entertainer on the football field, which is one reason he remains popular with Newcastle fans.

It’s a sad case with the 27 year-old, that he has fell out with the Newcastle manager Alan Pardew – and it still seems premature to us to let the very talented winger leave Tyneside.

What do you think?

• jazzyp

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Right then who’s gonna kick things off !!

• BenbulbenMag

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Pity to lose Ben Arfa, on his day there are few as good as him.

I cannot even be happy with a potential large fee for him as Fashley has demonstrated time and time again that profits will not be ploughed back into the club.

• Spoof

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:32 PM

jazzyp is number one, it sounds like TOTP’s from the 70’s, what is your next hit jazzyp

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:35 PM

As much as I have knocked him, this would be a crazy move for him. This sort of move should be reserved until you are 32+ as a semi retirement option.

Personally, I think HBA would be best off heading to Portugal, where he would be given opportunity to show off his ample ability. I think he would be a very good signing for the likes of Braga, Sporting etc – possibly Benfica to replace Markovic if he moves.

• JAMSHA

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Arsenal could be set to miss out on striker
    Alvaro Morata after Wolfsburg submitted a
    £15.9m offer for the Real Madrid 21-year-old

we could get this lad if fat man realy cares about the club…

• jazzyp

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Spoof
    As were talking of Benny sadly leaving the club I will go for “Bye Bye Baby” by the Bay city rollers. A 1975 hit I believe lol

• Spoof

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:42 PM

The only time HBA really applied himself for us was in the run up to Euro 2012 where was was really good, but since his international career has nose dived then so has his effort for us, if his heart isn’t in the game then I feel he would be better off going to an easier league where he gets more money, not that he needs the money but can he handle the pressure of a high octane league ?, he should go to Saudi as he will be the star man, it may give him the boost he neds.

• Spoof

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:44 PM

jazzyp

by mentioning that song by that group I hope you realise that your street cred has now plummeted lol.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Croftus,
    There were moments last season where I did think the penny had finally dropped for HBA, in terms of playing as a team. Just like in one or two games it looked like Pardew had worked out where he was going wrong. Sadly both reverted to type almost immediately.

I’d like nothing more than HBA to prove me wrong and show he can change, adapt and improve. But I no longer see it happening here.

• Spoof

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:50 PM

LG

we can agree on that !

• jazzyp

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Spoof
    I was only four when that tune was brought out. I just thought it was aptly named for what topic we are on !!
    I had better not mention the others I was going to pick lol.
    As for Benny the final straw for me was at the Southampton game. Ask any fan who was there on his performance that day to stick up for the guy. He was hauled off at half time for good reason…..He was absolute pants

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Spoof,
    David Bentley retired recently after failing to make the most of his natural ability due to his attitude. It is always a real shame when this happens, regardless of the player or who he plays for. So I’d love to see HBA crack it for his sake – be that with us or not.

• Spoof

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:59 PM

jazzyp

he has had his day I think most would accept that, it time for him and us too move on.

By the way, you were only four, so now your trying too make me feel old, cheers m8, who needs enemies lol

Mind I was only 9 so no doubt some will be crying now the old buggers lol

• francesco-hba

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:02 PM

• Mister Tuff

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Percy Parsnip……………………………………..Out
    Mr Tubbs……………………………………………Out
    Bay City Rollers fans………………………….Out
    Person just knowing Bay City Rollers
    song title…………………………………………….Out

• Spoof

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:10 PM

LG

I hope for the same, preferably with a foreign team mind, look at George Best and Paul Gascoigne, they done terrific but they should have done so much more, Best retiring at 26ish, not exactly sure and Gazza just never growing up, it happens all the time but when its from your club or your part of the world it just means so much more, we got beat on penalties off Germany in the semi’s but Gazza nearly scored the golden goal, but even without that at that tournament for me he was the best player in the world, and he was local, that really does fill me with pride, I wish we could have him again

• Spoof

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Now now Tuff, I might go in the huff

I’m a poet and don’t you know it, eat your heart out Pam Ayers, Tuff if you dare ask me who Pam Ayres is then it will be a full blow war lol

• Mister Tuff

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:25 PM

spoof – I will not ask you who that person is – I will not confirm or deny that I know who that person is.
    However, generally speaking of course, I would have no knowledge of poor quality poets, or pseudo poets.
    Please do not let me influence you into establishing a list of poets you like -even though some may be considered the choice of grannies.

• Sliema

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Ronald Koeman – New Saints boss.

• Spoof

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Mister Tuff

if you want to tell me who your poetic heroin is just say so, there is no need for your hidden numbers post which I have cracked, number post, letter number 2 =p
    14-49-14-17-28-1 these are the letters from your post @18, and you thought you could hide it, shame on you and your kind lol

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Not football related, but great to see Schumacher out of his coma and out of hospital. Hopefully these are the first steps to a successful recovery.

On football, anyone looking forward to Shola’s World Cup debut? I’m sure thee will be plenty of other Geordies following big Shol’s World Cup adventure! An African double tonight for me, Nigeria and Ghana to win. Not sure who I want to win in Germany Portugal, although I think Germany will win.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Tbh HBA hasn’t been a feature of the team for the last 2 seasons

It’s a massive cop out imo to solely blame Pardew, this lad obviously has issues, falls out with team mates and managers at every club domestic and international
    He looks unfit and uninterested and if he’s doing nout in the pitch then can’t see the point of him being here
    Pardew, who were stuck with, clearly no longer wants the burden of him, his team mates have fallen out with him, ex international team mates are telling him to sort his head out so just move on
    Came here with loads of hype but a reputation and will leave without fulfilling his potential and still have a reputation

• Mister Tuff

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:10 PM

spoof – I must say I do not have a favourite female poet. Not really into poetry but if I had to choose I would say Lord Tennyson and probably William Wordsworth.
    Interesting thought however, I do not really have any female heroes -in the sporting world.
    Whilst it appears you probably do could I ask which ladies wrestling stars do you support and who is your favorite netball player.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:11 PM

LG
    Yup well made up for Shola
    Hopefully he has a good tournament be a great experience for the big lad
    Speaking of the Workd Cup, was anyone else getting seriously peeved by the commentator continually suggesting Debuchy is offski

• Mister Tuff

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:11 PM

oops forgot to add……………….GET IN!

• Our Toon

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:13 PM

It’s a shame it hasn’t worked out, Percy is definitely the person to blame here….I’m curious though I keep reading from fans that HBA had issues with team mates or vice versa, is this true?

Has a player come out and said this or is it just a source from the club spreading vicious rumors to appease fans as he is a favourite?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Tads,
    If they had been saying it over here then yes, but thankfully we don’t always have the same commentary teams. They didn’t really discuss that other than mentioning once that he and Cabaye were best mates and would we see them play together again at club level in the near future.

Waiting to hear the starting line up, but if he starts I may put a cheeky bet on a Shola goalscorer bet!

• Our Toon

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:16 PM

TADS

Debuchy is offski mate, read the players comments before the WC started

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Our Toon…we know absolutely nothing for sure. It’s all heat say!..

…we tend to make up our own mind and as you know we agree on here as much as people does about EU politics 😉

• Thump

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Ronald Koeman at Southampton on a 3 year deal. Not a bad appointment tbh.

• Thump

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM

That said, they can afford the likes of Ronald Koeman. We just can’t compete financially with the mighty bank balance of Southampton.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Our Toon
    Unless someone puts in a huge bid Debuchy won’t be going he’s in a long contract
    And I’m sorry but Ben Arfa is not 100% Pardews fault both have to take blame

Lilo
    Can you imagine if he won the golden boot! Lol

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Thump,
    Decent appointment, will be interesting to see if they can keep hold of their stars of last year and what he also brings in to the side.

Tads,
    Ha, you never know, Iran may not be able to cope with him! A few goals today, a couple in the other group matches…

• Our Toon

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:37 PM

TADS

We will agree to disagree on HBA issue, the only time he truly let the forward players express themselves was in the 2nd half of the season we finished 5th. Since then these lads have all played with shackles.

As for Debuchy….contracts mean nothing, players have the power these days. He will leave after the world cup and probably move to Arsenal. We would accept £10m for him I have no doubt about that.

As for HBA falling out with team mates is this just hearsay from what Percy’s PR team has said to the media or has a player come out and said yes this is true?

• Sazzer

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:43 PM

No Monday signing. No suprise…or are they going to annonce the re-signing of Shola during the Nigeria game?

• Our Toon

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Jesper

It sounds to me that the club are forcing him out, blaming the guy for Spurs result and then feeding us BS so that fans turn on him, not to dissimilar to the Cabaye story last season. Funny how whenever a favorite is going they have done something that has caused such issues that they cant be repaired?

When will this PR BS stop? More importantly when will we stop believing the dribble that comes out from this regime?

Nolan
    Barton
    Enrique
    Carroll
    Cabaye
    HBA

All players we made things up about to make it acceptable before we sold them!!

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Our Toon
    Every club he’s ever been at he’s fallen out with coaches and team mates
    Been reported for a couple of seasons about him falling out with players here
    So yeah agree to disagree, for me just another player not to live up to his hype, legend in his own mind

Debuchy will have to be a bigger offer than that for Ashley to want to sell

• Thump

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:44 PM

@Sazzer: Haven’t you heard? There’s been a twist!

• Our Toon

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Sazzer

Shola REJECTED us, we offered him a new deal and he said NO!! Says a lot really!!

• Ancientcoptic

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:47 PM

toonarmydownsouth // Jun 16, 2014 at 4:43 PM

“Every club he’s ever been at he’s fallen out with coaches and team mates
    Been reported for a couple of seasons about him falling out with players here”

Which players is Ben Arfa reported to have fallen out with?

1 2 3 5