Newcastle Have Little Chance Of Signing This Defender

Steven Caulker has been at Cardiff City only for one season, and that was after spending a season on loan at the other south of Wales club Swansea, but with Cardiff relegated last season, Steven now wants to move to another club – probably in the Premier League.

Steven Caulker _swansea
Steven Caulker – Cardiff center-back wants move

Steven is a good  up and coming English center-back, and there’s news in the Chronicle today that the 22-year-old has been offered to Newcastle United.

But the £9M fee Cardiff City paid Tottenham last summer for the once capped England International, could be too much for Mike Ashley to pay out, and in any case his former club Tottenham have been linked with him.

Caulker will attract a number of big clubs this summer, but we very much doubt that he will end up on Tyneside.

Newcastle would need to replace Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa if he leaves for pastures anew, unless Alan Pardew thinks that  Australian Curtis Good is getting good enough to play in the first team.

One center-back we have been linked with this summer is Curtis Davies of Hull City, and he had an excellent season last term for Steve Bruce’s side, and Davies would be a very decent signing for the club.

There are a number of players Newcastle will have no chance of signing this summer, simply because of our (complete) lack of ambition and the fact that those players’ ambitions are much greater than Newcastle’s.

Steven Caulker is one of them.

What do you think?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Jail,
    Yeah, people do go OTT here when it comes to Pardew, but I think people do the same with Ashley as well. I’m all for people knocking them as I think they are both bad for the club, but in the past I have stuck up for both if I feel that the stick is unwarranted or, in some instances, complete fantasy.

There was one point where yourself and John Tudor were accusing me of being an Ashley lover as I disagreed with someone having a pop at Ashley for a reason that wasn’t even true.

I guess we all have our own things with the club we feel strongly about. I always try and be balanced, looking at both sides, but I’m probably overly harsh on HBA sometimes.

Anyway, Ashley oot, Pardew oot, Stone oot, HBA oot, Beardsley shifted upstairs.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Beer,
    I had a bad experience with keema naan over here, put me off it for life!

• Macas

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Our Toon – Debuchy was only talking about when he first arrived at the club, when we were in a relegation scrap, and it made sense for a defender new to the league not to charge forward too much when we were battling for our Premier League survival. If you watched us last season you would have seen that Debuchy attacked just as much as any other full back at any other club in the league. I can understand people being unhappy with a number of things Pardew does, but it seems every little thing gets criticised, regardless of the actual truth.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:26 AM

On topic, would prefer to try and get Ashley Williams. Both would be better, but who do I think I’m kidding – 2 centre halves in one window, that is the stuff of fantasy nowadays. If Williams joins the mackems then they will probably have the most effective centre half in the north east.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Lil,
    I have had enough ammo on Mashers without ever having to make stuff up.

• beermonkey

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Lilongwe

what is this Aloo stuffed paratha you talk of never seen that on the menu

• lesh

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Oh Lilongwe…

I once knew a girl called Keema Naan, she was from Gateshead and trouble with a capital Tr.

She had everything a bloke could never wang and if memory serves right, I think she went to Africa.

Could it be the same one?

• Mister Tuff

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:38 AM

you lot will be exchanging recipes and knitting patterns next.

• beermonkey

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM

mr t

would you like the knitting pattern for a nice jumper with pardews face on it

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Jail,
    That was mainly my point at the time. Ashley as done so much damage I don’t see any value in creating stuff!! People still do though, which is what I generally argue against.

Beer,
    Indian curried potato within a beautiful indian bread. I admit I have never seen it in the UK, but I guess it is because I never looked past the Naan section. The Indian folks out here eat it all the time.

Lesh,
    Possibly, I’m sure she has mentioned you. I think that is what put me off! 😉

Off out now. catch people later.

• Mister Tuff

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:46 AM

beermonkey – oooo yes please I’ll get some wool and my knitting needles ready. I do a nice king prawn curry -would you like the recipe.

• beermonkey

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Lilongwe

I found a recipe on utube and thought I would share it
    think the next time I make curry I will give it ago

• beermonkey

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:50 AM

mr t

thanks for the offer but prawns in curry is wrong

• Ben3arfa

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Whats with all the Indian food jokes? lol

• Laurent Robert 32

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Pardew and knitting patterns out.

• Lost Plot

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Here we go again, slagging off the team before anything has really happened .. You think the board read and listen to the comments on here?
    They are running a multi million pound business and and from a succesful season to a bad (well should have been better) one ..
    You think they aint trying to do somethin about it?!
    Look at the massive signings some clubs have made and failed (carroll, torres, fellani, adams, soldado etc etc etc
    And we have an underachieving forward by the name of Cisse who once was a living Toon legend .. and now what?
    Ashley invested in him and the coaching staff and everyone around him … But why he not doing it now?
    Some blame Pards … BUT wouldnt Loic Remy of also became a failure, tarnished with the same brush?
    Running a Multi Million Pound business aint that easy when the competition is every move you and your competitors make!
    Lets see how we go with Ashley on the Board .. He aint a Born Failure, and im sure he dont want the people around him putting him down (ie Press and Fans)
    He’ll hit everyone where it hurts … And fortunatley it hasnt been in the pockets of the fans.
    There is ques for everyones seats regardless of what everyone thinks .. And he only wants supporters in the stadium .. Thats Fact
    Lets hope we get these lined up signings in before season starts soooo i dont have to eat my words and my tickets

• beermonkey

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Laurent

you could knit ur own pardew out jumper

imagine the pride you will feel while walking down to the pub

• beermonkey

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:14 AM

has any1 heard any more on Ashley selling up in the next 2 weeks or is it just wishful thinking

• the truth will out

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:28 AM

long
    you little liar you

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Lost plot
    I think you’re kissing the point, Ashley is being successful from his point of view and he has no desire to further us, you mention queues for seats, is that why we’re seeing an ever increasing number of deals on offer, do you honestly believe that he’s keeping prices down for the benefit of the fans, there might be a little bit of a clamour for tickets in the corner of the Gallowgate where there is still a semblance of atmosphere in an otherwise lifeless stadium.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Lets see how we go with Ashley on board ?
    We have now had seven years of it and most of us have it sussed as to what his intentions are.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM

We have noticed there has been speculation in recent days that we might be going down a different route with claims in the press that my wife is looking at the prawn market. If this news is true, we certainly welcome it as we have enjoyed prawns as an occasional treat in years gone by and a desirable alternative to chicken curry.

But chicken curry is our dish of choice at the moment and we are hoping that the rumours of a chicken curry wholesale van in our street the other day are true and that my wife has made a large purchase.

But there are certain ingredients that we have been linked with that we simply have no chance of getting if we’re being realistic. Prawns is one such ingredient. What do you think?

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Blackley,
    You’re over doing it mate, what ever point you’re trying to make I think was done awhile ago.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Garlic Naan all the way for me like 😉 .

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM

BPC,
    On that note I’m done with this place for the day !

• Blackley and Brownlie

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Personally Ed I see this one as a king prawn and out of our league. I think the wife should be made to work better with the ingredients she’s got as she hasn’t got the best out of them, despite her claims that she is learning. She speaks every week to the top chefs and counts many as her friends and should really being doing better.

• beermonkey

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:54 AM

maybe ed could do a poll and wee whats the most popular naan

there cant be any players left in the world we haven’t been linked with so no need to do any linked articles
    and we wont be buying any1 so no wow look at who we bought
    so a naan article is the way to go

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Maybe we can throw in a free Indian’s as an incentive in our transfer deals ? .

I’ve heard Lassoga is a big Bombay Aloo fan 😉 .

• Blackley and Brownlie

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Jail

This is the silly season. Silly stories get silly responses.

I make no apologies for the fact that people like curries and like to share their curry experiences.

• Graeme

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Garlic naan – the only way to go. Fabulous with a Lamb Bangla or a Chicken Jalfrezi. Yummy

• beermonkey

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:09 AM

blackley

it don’t get better then a really good curry with all the side dishes and decent beer yum

I am getting hungry thinking about it

• Tsunki

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Lemon Curry???????

• beermonkey

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM

tsunki

is that a joke or real

• Tsunki

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I think the knitting craze has already caught on. If you look closely at the dugout during many of last season’s games you can just make out a couple of old hags knitting shawls behind Pardew. I think the French lads might have brought the idea with them.

• Our Toon

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:13 AM

B&B

I think you should aim your frustrations to the media as ED only posts information which has been obtained from elsewhere, no one is forcing you to come on here, if you don’t like silly season by all means stay away from the blog….the mire fact that others have followed suit in your displeasure of what gets posted is quite hilarious yet they have no idea why you started the convo on curries.

Lost plot – your name says it all, Remy didn’t sign for us he used us to get what he wanted and last time I checked MA had been here for 7 years.

• Tsunki

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Beermonkey – you’ll know soon enough. Somebody will pipe up with the answer. 😉

• lesh

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Cheers Lil!

Just shows what nutty Naan’s like – it was me that suggested she look you up and she turned that into an endorsement!

Anyway, you obviously picked up a hint of something she’s carrying – even from a distance…. you say!

😉

• the truth will out

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:16 AM

try liver and bacon/beans n mash luverly slurp

• lesh

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Tsunki.

Could the Lemon Curry you mentioned be like Jesper Jalfreize?

• Our Toon