Newcastle Striker Target Wants To Play In Italy


Newcastle had been offered an opportunity to sign  Borussia Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang  earlier this summer, after Dortmund said that he was available to leave the German club for a decent fee, reported to be as low as £8M.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang – wants to play again in Italy

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was initially Newcastle’s top striker target last summer, but he moved to the German club for around £13M, and that fee seemed too high for Newcastle to pay out.

Oscar Damiani is the player’s agent and he has been quoted today, and has said that Roma’s Director of Football Walter Sabatini is keen on his client.

This is what Damiani is quoted as saying:

“Sabatini likes him, but it would be very difficult to lure him away from Borussia Dortmund because he has a long contract,’ said Damiani.” “However, he would like to return to Italy.”

Aubameyang joined the Milan Youth Academy back in January 2007, and he played for some of the top Milan youth sides in the next couple of seasons.

It seems that Roma may now be favorites to sign him, and of course their manager Rudi Garcia will know all about the player from his time managing Lille in the French League.

At that time Aubameyang was playing for St. Etienne from 2011 through 2013, when he scored 41 goals in 96 appearances for the French club.

It seems that getting this striker to Tyneside this summer could now prove difficult.

And Newcastle are not having too much luck with their top striker targets, and we suppose we’ll need to go down the list and see who we can actually get on Tyneside this summer.

We need at least two top strikers if we are to avoid a relegation struggle in the coming season, since we have lost all our senior strikers except Papiss Cisse, and he is now recovering from a broken knee cap.

Newcastle collapsed this year in the Premier League, when we were second bottom of the league for those league games played this year in the second half of the season.

Only Cardiff City – who finally finished bottom of the Premier League and were relegated – had a worse record this year and they beat us in the FA Cup at St. James’ Park. 🙁

Come to think of it we need players in midfield and in defense too.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

13 comments so far

  • Jail for Ashley

    Jun 23, 2014 at 11:58 PM

    Comment #1

    Zzzzzzz

    0
  • spitfire_

    Jun 24, 2014 at 12:05 AM

    Comment #2

    Good for him. Well… I’ll prefer to look on the bright side. At the first home game at the stadium will be 52 000. That will show to ashley that he can’t do anything he want. True story.

    0
  • JrReps

    Jun 24, 2014 at 12:18 AM

    Comment #3

    Bid the 8M, offer him a lucrative wage and see what happens

    0
  • Graeme

    Jun 24, 2014 at 12:22 AM

    Comment #4

    Sorry Jail, I’m only an Electrical / Mechanical Engineer, but a good Project Manager and MD of 2 companies lol

    I know jack squat on running a football club, but, I do know that if you keep the customers smiling, they will come back in droves.

    I remember when John Hall called Newcastle’s bluff by preparing plans and obtaining permission to build a 75,000 seat stadium just down the tracks from the Metro Center – Newcastle City Council backed down smartish and SJP became what it is today.

    With just a little bit of effort, the idjit in charge today could recreate all of that with very little effort or megga outlay – why cant he see it? To have the adulation of 100’s of thousands of people, the way Hall, Keegan & SBR had it, must be absolutely priceless.

    0
  • expatmag

    Jun 24, 2014 at 12:48 AM

    Comment #5

    Well the lads put up a brave fight against Spain but quality told in the end. It has been great experience for our younger players for the future. Well done Australia. You did us proud.

    Morethan I can say about NUFC

    0
  • JP...from The Rock

    Jun 24, 2014 at 1:11 AM

    Comment #6

    We have no chance in signing this player with this owner. If we were really interested we would have offered 10M and a decent wage already. This is never going to happen with Ashley!

    NUFC has become so boring of late.

    0
  • JP...from The Rock

    Jun 24, 2014 at 1:15 AM

    Comment #7

    I hate Ashley! He’s driving all our good players out, so is Pardew with HBA and all that.

    The only good news these days has been those two small signings we made and the fact I will never have to see the lethargic Strolla Ameobi don the famous black n white stripes ever again, at long long last!

    0
  • Bambams

    Jun 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM

    Comment #8

    Biggest problem long term is that players will soon all think we are a pointless option whenever we come in for them.

    Huge club, great fan base, fantastic stadium BUT only offer Nectar points to buy player’s and offet low wages. Add to that we dont want distractions from the PL so avoid the cups…..

    Ashley = depression

    0
  • expatmag

    Jun 24, 2014 at 2:58 AM

    Comment #9

    Ok. If money is not spent this window and more assets are sold without adequately replacing them, surely the fans forums can request the FA to investigate the club to ascertain whether he is operating as a fit and proper owner to the benefit of the club and not a money making exercise for his own back pocket or primary business interest.

    0
  • firebug666

    Jun 24, 2014 at 6:04 AM

    Comment #10

    expatmag

    I agree, This should be done now. A full investigation into how the club is being run with full disclosure to the public.

    Wonder how many games it will take for Pardump to get himself banned again for brining the game into disrepute?

    On Debuchy, I have always said that if a player doesn’t want to be here we should let them go,(get rid) but I feel different if a player is being driven out of the club through lack of ambition.

    0
  • Ben3arfa

    Jun 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM

    Comment #11

    He is available for 8m Euros .. Yet the club are sitting on their aR$es waiting to offer Shola a new contract

    0
  • firebug666

    Jun 24, 2014 at 7:55 AM

    Comment #12

    The blog seems to be reflecting Newcastle’s transfer activity; Nothing Happening!

    0
  • Lew Davies

    Jun 24, 2014 at 8:34 AM

    Comment #13

    This player may want to go back to Italy, but as we have already been told with the Santon BS there is not enough money in Italy at the moment.
    I’m sure this deal could be done quite easily, but once again, fat bastid smells a bargain and wont pay the going rate to get the job done asap.
    Cant wait for the window to officially open next week, and maybe we will see some genuine movement from the clowns running the club.
    But will more likely be panic buying come mid august.
    A sad joke of a club.
    🙁

    0

You must log in to post a comment.