Newcastle Want Five More Players Signed This Summer

Managing Director Lee Charnley returned from a two week break late last week, and the news in the Shields Gazette today is that he has been told to get five new players into the club this summer, but from the difficulty we’ve had so far this summer, that could prove to be a (very) difficult task.

pierre michel lasogga-514

Pierre-Michel Lasogga – prefers Hamburg

Newcastle have been stalled in their attempts to get some strikers in – and it looks like Bafe Gomis will now sign for Swansea City, German U21 striker Pierre-Michel Lasogga wants to join Hamburg, and Ecuadorian striker Enner Valencia is becoming too expensive for Newcastle.

And the World Cup has almost three weeks still to go, and it’s unlikely any players taking part in the tournament will be signing for any club any time soon.

Alan Pardew tried to convince Newcastle fans that the club were doing everything they could last week to bring in new players, but that seemed to fall on deaf ears, and Newcastle always seem to find it difficult to get a player to Tyneside these days.

We would think the five players are made up of at least two strikers, a winger, and a creative midfield player since we still have to replace the departed Yohan Cabaye.

And maybe even a center-back to shore up our defense, which has been poor over the last two seasons, and we’ve conceded 124 league goals in that time. 🙁

But we’re sure the goal after our last league game was to get at least two or three top signings in before pre-season starts in about two weeks time, and that now is just not going to happen.

And we probably shouldn’t be selling players like Jonas Gutierrez, Sylvain Marveaux and Ben Arfa until we get their replacements on Tyneside.

What do you think?

• Graeme

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Did I just see some blue pigs flying past my window, in Black & White shirts??

“Top Signings” and NUFC in the same sentence?? It just isnt going to happen, lets be honest here!!!

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:43 AM

No doubt I’ll be getting a season ticket offer later today, probably after SSN have ran the story as well.

• nut meg

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:54 AM

So who are the lucky players we’re going to swooping & pouncing for ????

• expatmag

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:55 AM

In a word…… .”bollox”

• geordie157

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Getting the likes of obertan and Jonas off the books won’t be easy either.

• ToonFromLeeds

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I’ll believe it when I fcuking see it

• Graeme

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Geordie157 – they way they have been left to stagnate would mean giving them away would prove difficult!!

• croftus5678

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:02 AM

“if” its true its what we need to start building fans hopes up for convincing us they have ambition again !

enner/cabella/grenier/lacazette are the type of players that will move us up a class with first team reguards !

i’d be very happy to miss out on an acm though and instead sign 2 wingers as sissoko would fill that gap nicely imo.

• mindshaft

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:08 AM

3 development players, 1 mauve and 1 purple – doubt we’ll spend more than 15 million this window

• the truth will out

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

now i know why i just don’t bother any more

• expatmag

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I have no faith at all in this mob.

Glad I live overseas and not one of those poor 52000 who attend each game in the vain hope of being entertained with fast attacking AMBITIOUS football. I could do a better bloody job nanaging this club myself

• expatmag

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Mindshaft

15 million???????

Surely you jest, sir?

• Average_Contents

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Ed your forgetting we’ve already signed 2 of the supposed 5 so 3 to go lmfao as if! And even IF we did get the 3 extra, who in all honesty expects them to be quality? Not many I’d wager!

The cynicism is here to stay aslong as the fat kunt and his puppet are here! Like someone said, I wonder how long it’ll be until it’s on SSN!

• John Toon Doe

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Hi Guys,

I have been a member for a while but I havn’t been commenting so I am well aware of you guys.

Im a young Newcastle United Fan from Sheffield. Born in Newcastle.

Id like to say a few things. Alan Pardew is just a puppet for Ashley. As much as we all want to believe that we have a great owner with ambitions, that is purely bullshit.

He runs it as a business and i Must admitt he is doing well. The only 2 premier league clubs which arent in debt is NUFC and Arsenal. Arsenal have the same transfer plans as us but just on a bigger scale for example we buy for 2m and sell for 10m. They buy for 10m and sell for 20m. And that isnt going to change unless the Fat Man takes a hike.

Anyway, I think we need 2 Strikers, 2 Wingers, CM, and CB.

I think we should go for PEA, but i think he has got used to the german wages over their and unless he is willing to take a wage cut, he wont be coming. But we might be able to loan him. Javier Hernandez will be a good signing as he is not getting game time for MUFC and they will be definitley bolstering up there squad while Van Gaal is manager. We have wasted a good prospect in MYM, just last year AC Milan were insterested and im guessing he was planning to use Newcastle as a stepping stone. Give him game time, he is a thousand times better than willo.

HBA needs to lose some weight and stop being a B**ch.
    Pass the fucking ball and you might get into the first team.

All in all, i reckon we will sign another 4 max players, maybe a loan or 2.

Rant over.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:30 AM

FIVE PLAYERS IN

F***IN’ EASY

PAY THE BLOODY MONEY THE SELLING CLUB WANTS!!!!!!

• beermonkey

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:32 AM

so what is it pards holding up transfers is it the world cup like you said last week or is it the fact our md appears to have been on hols for 2 weeks

• Average_Contents

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM

And to compound our misery the matches down under are on BT sport! Yay! Can’t wait to listen to Mr monotone aka Mr horse aka greedy kunt!

• beermonkey

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM

average

is there a list of our televised preseason matches

• Average_Contents

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Beermonkey

Just the two matches down under so far mate, first ones at 8am and the second is 4:30am I think

• beermonkey

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:47 AM

average

cheers I will prob pass on the 4.30 one

• Average_Contents

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Probably will too but I’m gonna stream the first one as I’m not paying BT £12 a month and a £15 activation fee the cheeky fcukers! Already pay a small fortune to sky for everything although I managed to get it down by saying I was leaving them and I’d make the father-in-law and brother leave too lol

• beermonkey

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:04 AM

average

I just cancelled mine fed up with bill just going up and up
    but I h8 not having it so wont be long before its back on

• expatmag

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM

AC

Whereabouts down under are you

• the truth will out

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:09 AM

warra warra

• shearermania

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

\sbs are showing them all for free….
    at least for me in melbourne

• shearermania

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM

strike my last post….im wrong

• hitman

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

get your sells an android tv box.i was sick of being dry bummed off sky every month.lol

• thai-mag

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

don’t worry the Toon players you mentioned wont be sold, you couldn’t give them away with the wages they are on, they will just sit out their contracts, I would be more worried about the 4 players we have at the world cup, I think at least 2 of them will be sold thats if they haven’t been already

• beermonkey

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM

hitman

android tv box
    what one you got and what can you get on it

• Slank

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:36 AM

You can’t miss out on a player if you ain’t going for him eg Bafe Gomis. It’s an old media report, that we are after him, from sometime ago that they are regurgitating.

According to the press Pierre-Michel Lasogga didn’t like our offer or his mum didn’t like Newcastle. This is a player whose club thought so highly of him that they loaned him out.

And it cannot come as any surprise to anybody that the value of a player who does well in a world cup rises. And if we are to believe the press Enner Valencia value has risen beyond what would be expected of a player from a Mexican league.

The forward we buy will be someone the press have not linked us with.

• hitman

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM

ive got a dual core mx.you get all sky sports bt sports espn and loads more sports channels.plus all the movies and tv shows.google it.best move i made i was sick of being ripped off by sky

• expatmag

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Slank

There isnt that many left, mate……lol

• Ginger

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I have a question for you all. In pre-season, is there any system/formation/team you’d like to see Pardew give a shot too?

Personally, I’d like to see this –

——————Krul—————–
    Debuchy–Willo–Yanga–Haidara
    Santon—Sissoko–Tiote–Sammy
    —————Armstrong————-
    ————Ayoze-Perez————-

I’d like to see both Armstrong and Perez in action properly, just to personally see for myself how they are and how they perform.

I like both Sissoko on the right and in the middle but would like to see him given a chance in the middle.

Santon I’d love to see on the right of a midfield mainly because his attacking side has always been his strong point.

Sammy this season I believe is going to break through into the first team. Mainly because I think we may end of having to move Gouffran from the left, to up front and Sammy is pretty much the only other one that can play there.

• beermonkey

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:45 AM

hit man

just looking at that one

whats the picture quality like on sports as when its streamed its pretty hit or miss

• Slank

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:45 AM

expatmag

Yes there aren’t that many forwards left that the press has linked us with. I saw this on another website and it sums up Gomis going to Swansea perfectly:

‘…if we were to sell our top striker and bring in a free transfer I’m sure that ambitious is not the word which would be used in the headline…’

• hitman

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM

you can get the movies in full hd.like you says bit hit and miss with sports.but still good tho and costs nowt every month

• Slank

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Ginger

I wouldn’t play Debuchy or Sissoko. They will need an extra rest having played in the World Cup and have nothing to prove. Same goes for Tiote. I would play Colback. I would also play Abeid and Tavernia as these two need to show how much they have improved on their successful loan spells.

Of course some you have selected may now longer be with us (Santon and Sammy) whilst there may be as yet some unnamed players joining us.

• beermonkey

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM

hitman

will try and limit my questions
    I bought a sony box that was supposed to stream from my laptop but never worked the way it led you to believe so before I buy another box I wanna make sure

do you use an app to get the sports or via website
    anything else I should look for before buyin

• Graeme

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Hitman – never used one, not heard of it. Do you use the Scorpian? will it work with a Macpro?

• Average_Contents