The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Bid £5M For Juventus Defender

12:34 pm, Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 327 Comments

There is news in the Italian press today that Newcastle are ready to make an offer for Juventus right-back Mauricio Isla.

Mauricio Isla Spain_vs._Chile,_10th_September_2013

Mauricio Isla in action against Spain

26 year-old Isla was born in Buin, Chile and joined Juventus two years ago after playing for five years at Udinese, and he was Chile’s right back in the World Cup, when they were unlucky to go out on penalties to the home nation Brazil in the round of the last 16.

It seems Newcastle have been watching him in Brazil, and must have been impressed with what they saw, because the news in Tuttosport is that Newcastle will make a bid of around £5M for the defender.

Isla is a versatile player and like many full backs these days he is also more than useful playing out on the right wing, but he can also play in central midfield and as a center-back.

Bu at 5’9″ tall he could be too short to play in central defense, but nevertheless he can play in multiple positions and that would be  a positive for Newcastle.

In his two seasons at Juventus he has played 41 times for the Italian giants, and it would seem he could be a decent buy for Newcastle.

Newcastle were supposed to have agreed a deal for Feyenoord right back and Dutch International Daryl Janmaat, and that was also according to the Italian press – so it’s really hard to know what the truth is.

But this lad looks like a good player, and he’s played 47 times for Chile, since making his debut as a 19 year-old against Switzerland in September of 2007.

Written while on vacation in England.

327 responses so far ↓

• 1 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:35 PM

To be continued Ed…….

• 2 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Think we’re going to get linked with every right back in Europe with Debuchy leaving

• 3 beermonkey // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:38 PM

average
    I blame you for this article

• 4 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:40 PM

LR32

Look, we all know he is full of his own sh1t, and any space left is filled with ashleys sh1t that he is required to spout. There are things that happen at the toon that have nowt to do with Pardew, but there are a few here that can manage to find a way to use them as a stick to beat him with. There are plenty of real ones. Your reasons are one. He is a twisty liar. Mine are another, he is negative and cowardly almost when it comes to the on field stuff. Another would be, not accepting the blame at all, for anything, hiding behind the fact the club have essentially hung him out to dry re players in and out, but ignoring the fact he tries to play systems without the correct players to do so. There is three big heavy duty whacking sticks right there.

• 5 nut meg // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Average
    I doubt he’s any use at CB,he’s only 5′ 9″.

• 6 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:42 PM

another utility player??
    If his first and best position is RB then excellent, get him in. If he is one of those that are still undecided about what is the best place for them, then no thanks.

• 7 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Beermonkey

I was just going to take the blame mate lmfao

Ed’s wife must of allowed him a dinner break with the speeds he’s getting these articles out at

Well done ed you stick to your morals ;-)

• 8 Ibizatoon // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:44 PM

So, new lighting at SJP…and to think some of us questioned the clubs ambition!

I for one take everything negative I’ve ever said about Ashley and the way he runs the club.

Would have thought he could of splashed out a bit more mind and got a SD light, a bit like the bat signal.

Oh well, small steps.

Ed…”Newcastle bid” or “Newcastle will make a bid”…that is the question…

• 9 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Av Con

You need to start hugging more trees, mate, you are out of touch with the balance of the universe :D

• 10 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:47 PM

HOLY CUT-PRICE SPORTSWEAR IBIZA!!!

IT’S THE SD SIGNAL!

QUICK!! TO THE FAT MOBILE!!

NANA NANA NANA NANA ET.C

• 11 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Cheer up Ibiza you muppet.

As the not so wise welshman on here would say.

• 12 Ibizatoon // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Markaccus…Exactly mate. How brilliant would it be to have “50% off @ SD” beamed in to the Newcastle sky?

Hell, it could even beam up our players names and current value during matches.

The possibilities are endless.

Na na na na na na….FAT MAN.

• 13 Ibizatoon // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Belfast….You forgot the “ha ha ha”, but pretty good effort there mate.

• 14 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Nut meg

I don’t think things like that matter to parsnip mate. Along the lines of:

Parsnip: Oi you, yeah you! Where do you play?

Isla: Center mid or right wing boss

Parsnip: What was that? CB? Great now go mark that striker over there!

Isla: Which one boss? There’s loads!

Parsnip: The other new guy, I think he’s called siem

Sorry I couldn’t resist ;-)

• 15 Spartak Miserable // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:52 PM

So we havent bid then, as the title says ”Newcastle Bid 5m”

Yet the first line speculates we are ready to bid.

Hideous article

• 16 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Hold on…..

I’m wasted on this blog Ibiza you muppet.

Ha ha ha

• 17 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Mark

I much prefer sitting around campfires mate :-D

• 18 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Ibaza

and everyone would have to carry a can of bullsh1t spray in their underpaid orphan hand made utility belts.

• 19 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Why are my ears burning Ibiza ?

Ha ha ha

• 20 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Ibaza?… Ibiza :S

• 21 Ibizatoon // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:55 PM

AC…One correction in there…loads of strikers? Come on now :)

Belfast…There you go! Must be nice not being the biggest idiot on here these days? ;)

• 22 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Belfast are you on the troll again….geez give it a rest you muppet!

Ha ha ha

• 23 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Ibiza

I was going to put that was sarcasm in brackets but I felt the blog would get it without

I guess the troll has taken the average IQ down on here by a good 50% ;-)

• 24 Ibizatoon // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Mirkiccis (seems reasonable :) )….”b*llsh*t spray” sounds unpleasant.

I was walking down the street the other day when I was sprayed with some bulls sh*t.

How did we get here again?

Belfast…I’m not sure mate, but don’t take your head out of the oven quite yet…

• 25 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:02 PM

I’m not an idiot Ibiza, i’m an asshole.

Ha ha ha

Ha ha ha

Ha ha ha

Ha ha ha

• 26 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Thanks for compliments guys

Ha ha ha

• 27 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM

wait till rossmccormark scores 20 over goals for fulham and we’d regret not signing him for 11m and he’s value would be about 25million.

• 28 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM

A Pizza (ok i stretched it a bit there) :-p

We went from Batman style SD signals and it grew from there i think :D

Anyway, am i the only one who has never been trolled by welsh? everyone else says hes a WUM etc?

• 29 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Nah he’s alright to be honest.

If you ignore him.

• 30 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Anyway who’s this ha ha ha poster you keep mimicking Belfast ;-)

• 31 Ibizatoon // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM

AC…That is a worrying thought….my IQ must barely be hitting double digits now.

What is it I’m supposed to do after breathing in again?

Right Ibiza…keep a close eye out for sarcasm :)

• 32 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Ilove

A bit like last season in the championship?

Fulham got relegated mate lol

• 33 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I take everything back, cause he’ll probably read these comments later, and then start annoying me again.

Leave him alone Ibiza.

• 34 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Come on the swans !

• 35 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Even if you didn’t say anything he’d still bore the tits off ya Belfast he can’t help it

• 36 Ibizatoon // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Markaccus…Oh good, as long as there was a reason we ended up there and it wasn’t just me rambling… :)

As for Welsh, he’s fairly harmless, but a troll all the same. I just don’t like being told to be happy…i like being miserable and it’s my right as a man…or woman. Solidarity Reg.

Belfast…You really have to stop pigeonholing yourself like this. You can be both an idiot and an assh*le. Dream big mate and anything can happen.

ha ha ha

• 37 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Wales is beautiful….

I’m off to listen to my Tom Jones album, while I iron my Wales rugby shirt.

• 38 banjax // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:11 PM

It’s called having competition for places. At Newcastle our squad has been no where near big enough to have competition for each place, so it maybe (don’t hold your breath) that we buy two full backs instead of one. About time too !

• 39 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:12 PM

God I’m good

Ha ha ha

• 40 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Mark, I think he plays the wrong systems with the correct players who could very well do a good job with a capable manager.

He told us we were going to attack the Liverpool game and go for goals.

Now, what does he do… Plays 1 up front, leaves Ben Arfa and Gouffran on the bench and packs the midfield with defensive midfielders to sit back.

Not only is he not going out to attack like he said (a lie) he’s filling the team with players who probably won’t score at all. Basically curl up into a ball tactics and hope u don’t get hit. We lost 6-0 and I sat til the end which was an embarrassment.

He’s got some good players at his disposal, he just hasn’t a clue how to use them. He instead goes for the plodders who can run all day to make up for the fact they have no plan of attack and they just end up chasing lost causes. That is his own doing, not Ashley’s.

Ashley keeps Pardew employed, so that is enough of a reason to want him out regardless of all his other misdemeanours.

Pardew is a chancer and a conman.

I hope he gets more of the abuse he got against Cardiff in every game until he slithers off to his next job.

• 41 Toon Tang // Jul 8, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Is this guy a Bender twin? No… Dont bother then.

• 42 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Laurent,
    Goofy started the Liverpool game. It was his cross that Skrtel turned in.

Liverpool look like they are going to get Markovic, cracking player, and one I thought we should have gone for last summer, but hey ho.

On Isla, he is a very capable right back, don’t be put off by the other positions he can play. I have several mates from Italy and Malta who are Juve fans and all rate him highly. Would be a good signing, and a decent age to give us his best years. Much prefer this to any of the others that we have been linked with.

However, I doubt any of this story is true. So it is largely immaterial.

• 43 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Laurent,
    I take that back, didn’t spot the bit on 6-0.. apologies.

• 44 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 2:14 PM

All our problems are solved, FCB has seen the light and SEVEN new players are coming in!!

It must be the summer silly season!! We can but hope lol

• 45 santonthenewmaldini // Jul 8, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Would not surprise me if we got the following before the season starts :

Lacazette
    Cabella
    Zaha Loan
    Luuk De Jong / Campbell on loan
    Janmaht/Isla

• 46 Slank // Jul 8, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Graeme @ 44

That article says 7 but it only details 6.

Has one come in below the radar?

• 47 north east lincs toon // Jul 8, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Does anybody know if any of the pre- season friendlies are on T.V ?

• 48 Slank // Jul 8, 2014 at 2:35 PM

The New Zealand games are, BT I think.

• 49 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Slank – your guess is as good as mine mate.
    If 6 or 7 came in, I wouldn’t be unduly shocked, likewise, if no more arrived, I wouldn’t be suprised either.
    There is simply no rhyme or reason to FCB.

• 50 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 8, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Lilongwe, no worries.

After I heard about the going for goals thing pre-match I was nearly tearing my hair out seeing Gouffran and Hatem training with the subs for that game. I knew it would be bad. No surprise on the scoreline.

• 51 Winston Potski // Jul 8, 2014 at 3:02 PM

So the headline not only states that Newcastle have bid for this player but the precise value offered. Total lies.
    Why do you write this stuff? Are you just constantly seeking attention?

• 52 JamesToon // Jul 8, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Would prefer Isla to Janmaat

• 53 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Looking like a done deal for LDJ to sign for PSV for £4.5m

I think I’d have him here for that price tbh

• 54 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Is there a point to these posts criticising Ed? There seem to be more and more posters with unusual monikers coming on here with the sole purpose of having a pop at what Ed writes. To clarify on why he writes the stuff he writes is because he brings together numerous other websites information and puts it all in one nice and easy to find spot for us. He also gives a forum for us all to talk on all sorts of topics related to NUFC.

If you don’t like it, no one is holding a gun to your head and making you come on here, or making you spend your time commenting. It is almost like the people knocking Ed’s blog are merely here to attention seek.

• 55 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Average,
    I’d take him, think that is probably a bit high still considering what he has done through his career. Would have to be a 3rd choice option for me though with a couple of other strikers – a pacy, tricky goalscorer and an out and out centre forward – are much more of a priority.

• 56 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 3:57 PM

The definition of a WUM Lilongwe, there’s a few floating around at the minute mate

• 57 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:00 PM

I agree we need pace but tbh before he moved to ze Germans he was pretty prolific and he is only 23 so maybe with a pre-season he’d cut the mustard but we’d have to actually spend some more money to know that lol

£4.5m isn’t really that much for a striker bit as you say he’d be most likely 3rd choice and fatty wouldn’t like that dosh sat around on the bench

• 58 Our Toon // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Afternoon/Evening or Morning lads n lasses, I’d take Isla over Janmaat who I believe will sign for Man Utd. What realistic targets are left for ST/CF positions then?

Lazercatte (Wants CL)
    Gomis (Gone)
    Remy (Wants CL)
    McCormack (Thank god for Fulham)
    LDJ (Off to PSV)
    Lassoga (Didn’t want to join us)

Can’t think of anymore, I know we have been linked to Jordan Ayew in the past but I am dead against him after he SINGLE handily knocked Ghana out by refusing to pass the ball in a 2 on 1 situation against zee Germans. The team is far more important than self-glory….we could do without such fools here as we have enough…..pards!!

• 59 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Wouldn’t no what you’re talking about average contents.

No wums on here, especially no welsh ones.

Amen.

• 60 jayphoto // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Just a thought, but does anyone understand the idea that Joel Campbell would walk into our side for 7/8m but Mehdi Abeid is only worth 300k and can’t get in our reserves? For me they both played to a similar level of ability in the same league last season! Would never trust a player just on the grounds of a world cup and campbell didnt really bang them in, nor has he at champions league level

• 61 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM

West Ham have £12million bid for Konoplyanka rejected!!

• 62 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:03 PM

I think we’ll probably go for Isla.

Simply because he can play in a number of positions.

Wor Percy likes his utility players, so he does.

• 63 jayphoto // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Reckon Cabella will be our next signing! Nicollin at Montpellier was putting his eggs in the basket of cabella doing something at the WC! Reckon £9m would get him

• 64 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Where the ferk are West Ham getting all the cash from. ?

They’ve had a pretty good window so far.

• 65 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Belfast

Welsh WUMS? Perish the thought ;-)

Graeme

Is that the lad Liverpool were after recently?

• 66 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Aye Nicollins plan failed miserably

• 67 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Average,
    He had one season where you could say he was prolific, but he wasn’t prolific by the Dutch league standards. Alves, Kezman, Van Hooijdonk, Sidon, Wijnhard, van Wolfswinkel, Collins John, and the mackems very own Altidore all had far better strike rates in Holland. All struggled to hit a barn door in the Prem.

I don’t think he will ever score many goals, I think he will struggle to hit double figures but he would give you all he could. Similar to Kuyt in a way, but again, less of a goalscorer than him as well.

• 68 bladeuser // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Most of your headlines on transfersr misleading this one is nufc make bid yet the stsrt of your article it states nufc r ready to bid why do u constantly do this and b4 any of u start kissing arse this is my opinion

• 69 Our Toon // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Lilongwe @54

Spot on mate and I completely agree, plenty have criticised and then tried to go it on there own, only to return once they have crashed and burned

• 70 Our Toon // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Joel Campbell was getting rave reviews for his CL performances last season as well, remember he was used mainly as a wide man rather than upfront.

• 71 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Lil

Since he signed for twente he scored 39 in 76 which is pretty decent tbh mate but I agree a lot of player’s from the Dutch league tend to struggle initially but still I think he’d be worth a punt at tgat price

• 72 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:21 PM

@nufcfans: Is this the reason Ben Arfa is training with the reserves? Unacceptable shape to be returning in, as a pro #NUFC http://t.co/LNcJUsYLpa

Oh dear

• 73 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Belfast

I think the more pressing question is since when have West Ham been more ambitious than us….oh wait don’t answer that I already know the answer lol

• 74 welshgeordie9 // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Well it’s pointless me asking you muppets who you’ve been talking about today.

Dear me i am popular on this blog, about bitching anyway

• 75 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:21 PM

I like coming on here mostly because of some of the posters and the discussing we have (some do tend to take the fun away though ;) )

…but I have to admit it is less and less because of Ed’s sensational headlines and his quest for exposure. When I started to come on here Ed even took part in the blogging and he poured more heart and soul into his articles.

Now it is more about the numbers and it doesn’t seem to unite us just like all the crap the club puts us through. And it all seems to attract the WUMs!

• 76 welshgeordie9 // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM

i give up I’m going to be bed good night ladies

• 77 OhSholaAmeobi // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Unfortunately he’s been shit for juventus, not a patch on his udinese form.

• 78 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Average,
    Just from the players I mentioned in my post 3 of them would score that or more in a season. Coming from the Dutch league that is a poor record for a centre forward at one of the better clubs.

He just isn’t a natural goalscorer. I have no problem with that, if he can chip in with between 5 and 10 and someone else adds 15+ then that isn’t too bad. Way better than anything we have had last 2 seasons.

• 79 Our Toon // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM

TADS

Every player has come back on target mate simple fact is the manager won’t accept being belittled in the press, Marvaux, HBA and Jonas are all off because of it…..maybe even Debuchy is off because of it. Barton, Nolan etc were dealt with in the same way….remember it was said that Houghton lost his job because he lost control of the dressing room, Nolan etc were wanting meetings with the owner regarding ambition, targets, aspirations, MA brushed them away and flogged em off.

Anyone who goes against this Regime is offski. On the new lights….does anyone think Percy said to MA that players struggled against the likes of Spurs because of the lighting? (Takin the P***)

• 80 Our Toon // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:33 PM

LDJ will never be prolific, I think he would be like Kuyt is now, a good team player who will play anywhere for the good of the squad!! a solid pro, nothing more and nothing less

• 81 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Tads,
    He looks a wee bit overweight, but nowt serious. I doubt that is why he is training with the reserves. If it what it would still leave us requiring explanation on Marveaux and Guti and why they seem to be exiled as well. Can’t imagine Guti is out of shape, and Marveaux has been working all summer to get fit.

• 82 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Cheer up Welsh you muppet.

• 83 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM

He actually looks a bit slimmer from the last time I seen him.

• 84 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Our Toon
    How the hell is having a gut on target???
    Him Marveuax Ober whoever else didn’t really feature last season should of 100% been busting a gut since the end of last season to come back completely ready
    Doesn’t matter if that’s 100% fit to impress Pardew or potential new clubs
    I’m sorry i agree Pardew misused him but everything you’ve stated there is little more than biased opinion with no evidence, how do you know every player is on target? Half of them are still on there holidays

I can’t stand Pardew he’s arrogant egotistical and a big standard manager but im not going to use an out of shape disinterested looking winger to beat him with

• 85 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Lilo
    Just a picture mate didn’t say it was the reason he’s been (reportedly) cast out
    As I said the other day, this season should of been a clean slate for the whole squad, but some have bigger points to prove, and those few should of been busting a gut to ensure they come back fit and fighting for a place or even for a move….imho

• 86 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Tads,
    I wasn’t having a pop at you there, just what the NUFCfans guys had said. They question whether it is the reason.

I agree, not a great attitude coming back out of shape, but I don’t think that little paunch is too much to worry about. I can’t see him being reintegrated into the squad now, but as of yet, we have little squad depth, and no club wants him. It would therefore have been, at the very least, prudent to have incorporated these players in first team training rather than exiling them and making them feel like outcasts from day 1.

• 87 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I’ve heard a whisper: Arsenal are closing in on Debuchy.

• 88 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Spuds getting ready to make a bid for Timmy – if they lose their keeper!!

I would want a lot more than the quoted £10 million for him though!!

• 89 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Lilo
    Agree it’s counter productive exiling them (if that is the case haven’t really seen that reported properly)
    You hear stories about players who haven’t done well or been out long term coming back early to get up to speed before pre season starts
    From the pictures a lot of the lads look trim and ready to go
    Agree the paunch shouldn’t be a great concern and should be easily lost (although he struggled to shift it last season) but for me it says more about the lads attitude than condition, like I’ve said it’s just an opinion but bitterly disappointed to see the lad come back to pre season looking like none of last seasons issues have been addressed
    Concerning too that we’ve had no offers for him and haven’t offered a contract

• 90 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Blackley
    What!!!! When? Should I cancel my Debuchy shirt?

• 91 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I haven’t really seen the other players gut, but off season is 4 weeks or so it is not like that is going to do wonders for you (some have other obligations to attend to as well)

If you don’t get game time and you have to train with the deserve it’s not like you are going to look fit.

Just saying!

• 92 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Tads,
    None of those three are in the photos of the first day back training for first teamers, so I’d say it is fairly certain that they are exiled.

Yeah, poor attitude from the player, matched by the manager. Marveaux however has supposedly been working with a top French personal trainer all summer, but he has still suffered the same fate.

• 93 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:03 PM

*reserve

• 94 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Isla is only the RB of the Chilean team because the Chileans are playing 2-4-4 or 2-5-3 all the time. I don’t rate him as a RB at all… unless we are sure our RM could traced back.

Or I should say, he’s NOT the Pardew-type RB.

• 95 Our Toon // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:06 PM

TADS

The club has come out and said everyone came back ON TARGET, I doubt they inspected each players to ensure they had their remaining 6 packs for the close season, as for the afo mentioned players….would you work your backside off to get into the perfect shape (Marv) only to be told you are training with the reserves?

• 96 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:07 PM

You want a piece of more sincere but tragic opinion? You hear it first. Isla is Sissoko’s replacement.

• 97 Sazzer // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Tadic to Southampton now with picture and all.

• 98 Sazzer // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Arsenal very confident of signing both Debuchy and Sanchez. //Skysports

• 99 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Our Toon
    No as stated i work my ars3 to ensure i was in top condition for any potential move instead of sulking
    The club are hardly going to come out and say Jesus the lads are in shocking condition given last season are they?

Lilo
    Haven’t seen Goofy in any pictures either tbf
    Tbh none of knows what goes on behind the scenes but if you look back over any of the pre seasons and team exercises (the white water rafting etc) you rarely see HBA or Marv in any of them since they signed
    Hats off to Marv if he has taken steps to change his fortunes because there are massive question marks over the lad in terms of fitness and commitment
    Like i said all opinion mate but in all honesty no idea why put them in the reserves, if the not in the plans get out the door put there wages towards bringing in players that will be involved
    Hell just release Obertan!

• 100 Our Toon // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Pizzicato

I think Siem De Jong could be Sissoko’s replacement

• 101 AaranD // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Oooh Benny Benny Benny, hasn’t helped himself if he is massively out of shape.

With Debs gone we’ve made about £30 million in transfers (this year) and freed up around £300,000 a week in wages. So the transfer money is there and the wage bill is lighter than usual :D! Hopefully most of the signings are done before going down under.

Regarding other transfers happening, Tadic a done deal at Southampton. £8 million would of been a decent signing for us, very good little player and can both out wide and behind the striker. On that note Cabella needs to be done ASAP!!

And bloody West Ham aren’t doing bad in the signing department. getting Kouyate, Zarate and Cresswell bidding for Konoplyanka.

Always thought either Ukraine wingers, Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka could do well for us in the Prem, but they would be upwards of £15 million so no chance of that happening, ever!

• 102 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM

I think that kinda proves the point about parsnip, marv has by all accounts worked his arse off and still gets ostracised I.e parsnips massively inflated ego won’t let him back down so it’s not about bennys podge it’s about that poor excuse of a manager! I agree though even it being a small podge he still shouldn’t have it! Still not an excuse to banish him imo

• 103 the truth will out // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM

the man in the lifeboat stood up and said

those up for the long row home say i

those who want to get off and swim to that luscious island get out now
    before he finished he was alone
    the man
    cpt pardump

• 104 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Perez is Leon Best’s replacement.
    De Jong is Shola’s replacement.
    Colback is Gosling’s replacement.

There’s talk of Colback going to West Ham for £5m. Hopefully we’ll get rid of him and put the money towards Grenier.

That dutch right back or Richards will replace Debuchy.

We’ll sign Cabella, Grenier, Alderweireld, Konoplyanka, Remy and Benteke.

• 105 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Leroy Fer will replace Tiote. Tiote’s off to Man Utd for £20m

• 106 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Kets

That talk about the ginger one was weeks ago mate lol and tiote? As if!

• 107 the truth will out // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:27 PM

kets the best news yet hip hip

• 108 funkness // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Dear Ed ..

Why do you keep putting articles out there, where the headline is completely misleading?
    You have a horrible tendency to state facts, that are actually just statements based on speculation – that being some random gossip from one of the papers, or even just your own inventions. To strenghen your arguments, you always write “WE think” or “WE expect” – Ed, it’s just you.
    Why the need to pump yourself up, by referring to yourself in plural? And why the need for “Dr.” Ed Harrison? I thought, that things like social status didn’t matter, and that we – considering this is a football blog – are all equals, sharing our love for the club and our differing opinions about it.
    Everyone appreciates the work you put in creating a forum, where everyone that associates themselves with Newcastle can talk to one another about their shared passion. But please, Ed – stop putting stuff out there, that is speculative at best, and absolute drivel at worst ..

• 109 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I think we need to get rid of Tiote. His passing isn’t great and he gets caught out in his own half too often.

• 110 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Lilo
    Couple of people tweeting they have been hanging round watching the training ground speaking with staff etc and apparently the reserves and first team are all mixed up together for analysis so f**k knows what the truth is

• 111 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Howay lads. Yesterday we were after Janmaat. Now we’re not after Janmaat? It’s almost as if we can’t trust the rumour mill! What’s next if we can’t trust the rumours? Possibly we can’t trust The AshHole to do the right thing either? Harrumph!

• 112 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Looking forward to seeing Sanchez in the premiership next season. Smashing player.

• 113 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Don’t worry mates, we already have an extremely powerful attacking side. The AshHole has clearly built us to win things. Look at our strikers. Ummmm wait, where are they? Let’s see there’s Cisse. No he’s injured. Well then there’s Remy. No, he never belonged to us in the first place. Ba? No he’s long gone. Hmmm where are wor senior strikers. Don’t worry mates, I’ll keep looking! Huzzah!

• 114 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Will Sanchez be playing for us in the Prem next season Belfast mate? It seems we need a senior striker. I’m still checking the situation but so far I haven’t found any cluttering up the place. :shock:

• 115 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Are we really selling wor best players quickly enough mates? That’s a big worry for me. Here’s poor Mike trying to pay for his moob job and yet Debuchy isn’t even sold yet! Harrumph!

• 116 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Kets I don’t think we’d have many players left with you in charge. Even with all you’re new signings. You’d still be selling everybody.

• 117 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:42 PM

We wish Geordietwo.

• 118 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:46 PM

I’m feeling very exuberant about wor chances of beating Oldham with the powerful strike force we have put together thanks to Mike. Fabulous work Mike.

• 119 bladeuser // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:47 PM

FUNKNESS
    Totally agree with tha statement

• 120 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Tads,
    I made the point earlier that surely our squad isn’t big enough currently to have them split into separate groups! Who knows.

• 121 CDEVINE69 // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Ketsbaia!!!! Halfaz on ya weed mate!!

• 122 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM

If we can beat a League One side who knows how far we’ll go in the Prem? Straight to 18th place possibly? The first match against Man City should be interesting. I hope Pards wears his man diapers. They could get fairly soiled when we lose 6-0. :shock:

• 123 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:54 PM

One of the keys to greatness is the way Mike does his business early in the window to allow the new senior strikers to adapt to their new club. Beautiful work Mike.

• 124 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Aha! I’ve found a senior striker who’s willing to play for us! Welcome back Shefki Kuqi!

• 125 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Lil – they were split into 2 groups so P45DUE didnt have to take his shoes & socks off to count them all!!!

• 126 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:08 PM

It’s amazing to have a brilliant owner like ours. Nobody else knew about the worldwide midfielder shortage that was about to develop. But Mike made sure we would never fall short. And there’s loads of cheap, top strikers available so once again there’s no need for concern. :shock:

• 127 welshgeordie9 // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Is it safe to comeback on

• 128 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I didn’t know we were still trying to replace Leon Best ketsy mate. And a young fast winger in place of a striker? We’re so deep in strikers I would definitely take Leon back right now. But not to worry lads, I have located Shefki Kuqi for us.

• 129 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:16 PM

No it isn’t welshie mate.

• 130 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Is it possibly time to change the clubs name to Newcastle Notveryunited?

• 131 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Debuchy to the Arse for £7.9 million!!!! Is someone having a laugh??

• 132 welshgeordie9 // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:22 PM

GeordieTwo

Did you read all of those comments about me earlier on sad isn’t it, accuses me of being a troll and all they do when I’m not on is bitch like a bunch of kids.

Sad very very sad

• 133 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:28 PM

If we got both Shefki Kuqi and Leon Best back would you greedy lot finally be satisfied? Probably not. Unbelievable.

• 134 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:30 PM

GeordieTwo,
    Add big Antoine Sibierski to that and I will be a happy man!

• 135 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Colour me very concerned welshie mate. I’m sitting here shaking me heed. What have you been up to that has caused such a hullabaloo lad? Harrumph!

• 136 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Very good point Lilongwe mate. All right then, I’ll speak to my mate Mike and see if we can afford him as well. But no more moaning from you lot after that!

• 137 welshgeordie9 // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:35 PM

What have I done, sod all mate

• 138 IITianToon // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Any reliable updates on the Remy Cabella story?
    GFN_France are saying we have simply put in a bid. Thats all.

• 139 IITianToon // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:42 PM

welshie you are a blog celebrity. And common folk gossip and bitch about celebrities!

• 140 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Arsenal will be some force if they bring in Sanchez + Debuchy and can keep Walcott & Ramsey fit .

I really rate Sanchez and will put a bet on for him being top scorer next season if he joins them .

• 141 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Disgraceful scenes welsh.

Broad shoulders

• 142 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Graeme

That’s the issue I’m concerned about mate it doesn’t sound right for a full french international who was one of the best right backs in Europe before he went to the world cup and enhanced his reputation even further!

Something doesn’t add up and to what? Make a really stupidly quick profit albeit a tiny one if it is indeed £7.9m

Scandalous imo!

• 143 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:54 PM

I also think Liverpool are messing up spending like Spurs did .

They should replace Suarez with 2 or 3 real quality players like Sanchez & Shaqiri .

Quality not quantity .

• 144 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 6:55 PM

It’s a conspiracy welshie mate. Lay low for a while and let things cool off. I still have Mike’s hit squad to worry about. Look over your shoulder often. Vary your routine. Eat something welsh. Stay cool and calm like me. Beautiful. :shock:

• 145 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Did I mention you should take in plenty of fluids as well welshie? Do that as well.

• 146 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Average @ 142 – its completely contrary to the stated aims of maximum profit from player turnover. Dubuchy has to be worth nearer £12 million than a poxy 8 million – it simply makes no sense.

But, then again, NUFC stopped making any sense 6 months after FCB arrived and nothing has changed!! If it was £8 million PLUS their young striker or even their FB, you could probably understand it.

• 147 GeordieTwo // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Now then, time for an update on the really exciting upcoming Tour for Mentally Handicapped Billionaires. Beermonkey and I are into extreme conditioning mode now. Oi beermonkey! Put that pint down! Damnit, I’ve got to get back to it or beermonkey will be off again. Later lads.

• 148 dubzy // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Cabella bid

• 149 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Dubzy – maybe we are making another step in the right direction. I’m still concerned about where the goals are coming from at the moment, but signing Cabella and SDJ has to be a step in the right direction to get some supply to the strikers – even Cisse would thrive with some decent service for a change!!

• 150 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Kets, why are u so obssessive with Fer?

• 151 beermonkey // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:20 PM

BPC

if arsenal get them players over the line do you think they will have enough to win the league

• 152 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:26 PM

@GFN_France: Newcastle United make fresh bid for Remy Cabella, believed to be in the region of €12m.
    Full story: http://t.co/HjZQY0F9uT #NUFC #MHSC

• 153 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:26 PM

I would rather say Van Gaal would get Fer for a smaller amount, but he understands Fer better.

• 154 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Doubt the fat Frenchman will accept that.

• 155 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Dubzy
    Yeah Newcastle United have made a fresh bid for Montpellier’s attacking midfielder Remy Cabella, believed to be in the region of €12m.

If Remy is staying at QPR then why not put in a bid for him – know what we are getting.

• 156 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM

@ beermonkey

Probably although they still need a top quality CB as well .

Chelsea will be my favourites next season though, as we saw hoe close Mourinho came last time without a top class finisher and now he has one in Costa . Not to mention they have Fabregas as well .

• 157 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Also £11 Million for McCormack is a joke . How much did Cabaye cost us again ? .

And they wonder why people don’t buy British FFS .

One English player I would like us t sign is Will Hughes from Derby .

• 158 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Still think they’re a few players short, to be in contention for the league.

I’d certainly rather see them win it, than any of the other mob.

• 159 welshgeordie9 // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:37 PM

If you say boyo

• 160 beermonkey // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:38 PM

BPC

how do you think selling surez will dent there title hopes are they 1 season wonders

I keep saying arsenal need a top cb but they don’t do bad keeps looking like vermahlan is of to united so they must have some1 coming through or buying some1

Chelsea look to have the league won but I think it will be another tight top4

• 161 ToonTiger // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Fer has replaced scharner as Kets special interest. Until someone has signed we’ll be linked with any rb and his dog as some have already said.

My home town club is doing well with signings – Agent Bruce is doing well.

• 162 ToonTiger // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:45 PM

• 163 ToonTiger // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Grr phone signal.

• 164 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:47 PM

A team I would be happy with although not massively exited :

—————————Krul——————————-

–Jaanmat——–Willo——–M’biwa——–Haidara–

————Sissoko————————Tiote————

—HBA—————-De Jong—————-Cabella—

————————-Lacazette—————————

Could be a lot better if all the T.V & Cabaye/Debuchy money was reinvested but under Ashley we don’t have much choice unfortunately .

• 165 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM

I would be tempted to sell Tiote and bring in Fer . Tiote is pushing 30 and is still massively overrated by some NUFC fans (although a talented player) .

Fer is only 24 and looks like he will surpass Tiote in a few years . Plus he has just been relegated with Norwich so shouldn’t cost to much .

Imagine Sissoko & Fer in the middle of the park ? .

• 166 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Toon Tiger, I think I have to start collecting a Kets squad now:

– Scharner (captain) CB
    – Fer CM
    – Barnetta RM
    – Abeid CM
    – who else?

• 167 JAMSHA // Jul 8, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie

kanu

• 168 tequilamag // Jul 8, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Tiote has omly jst turned 28 and is a proven PL player, Fer hardly set the PL on fire last season with Norwich

• 169 tequilamag // Jul 8, 2014 at 8:28 PM

The only reason I would sell Tiote is that WC players are usually shattered the next season from not having a long enough break to last a full season at peak condition

• 170 ToonAndy // Jul 8, 2014 at 8:31 PM

So we’re looking good for Cabella and also after Clement Grenier… How would you fit Siem De Jong and Greneir in the same team? Both attacking minded…

———————–TIOTE————————

BEN ARFA —–GRENIER——–CABELLA

—————DE JONG—————————

———————LACAZETTE—————–

• 171 Mister Tuff // Jul 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Here’s hoping that Brazil win – the rampant Hun has to be stopped.
    Getting eliminated will make Herr Hun not so cocky and arrogant thereby making more poolside loungers available throughout Europe.

• 172 jazzyp // Jul 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Tiote massively underrated by some fans as well

• 173 scout // Jul 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Just lumped on the germans at 2/1

• 174 beermonkey // Jul 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM

jazzy

how was pompy

• 175 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 8:52 PM

@ jazzy

Never said he was a bad player m8 , just not the untouchable beast some people see.

He still gets us in so much trouble when turning with the ball outside our box and as seen for the Ivory Coast it costs teams .

• 176 jazzyp // Jul 8, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Beermonkey
    Evening buddy
    Ended up in chichester and bognor for day mate because of the thunderstorms.Brighton tommorow and pompey thursday.
    Whats ya prediction mate for Brazil v Germany ??

• 177 tequilamag // Jul 8, 2014 at 8:59 PM

BPC it`s a flaw in his game for sure as is his ability to pick up so many cards. On balance though I think he is worth sticking with. Most players have weaknesses of one sort or another. Krul is an excellent shot stopper but has the feeblest kick of any Newcastle goalie I can remember.

• 178 jazzyp // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Bpc
    Evening bud. I was just sticking up for Mr T…… Thats all mate. I think he’s got us through many games as well when everyone around him has been having a shocker. Everytime anyone mentions Mr T i think of the goal v Arsenal.
    Have we any juicy transfer gossip today re Nufc ??. Been out all day so not had chance to catch up

• 179 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:05 PM

@ jazzy

He is one of my favourite NUFC players but he does have his limitations is all.

Not much on the transfer front although it is being reported on twitter we have went back with a fresh bid for Cabella and are looking at Jaanmat to replace Debuchy.

• 180 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Get in Muller.

My bet for a Germany-Holland final looking good ;) .

• 181 jazzyp // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Bpc
    Whats the bid we have submitted for Cabella ??.
    If im honest with ya mate if we end up with Lacazette-Cabella and Sdj + Greneir.
    That for me is a very attacking line up. Whether the silver fox gets the best out of them all is another matter

• 182 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Germany 1-0

• 183 beermonkey // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM

jazzy

I will go for the germans but there 1 up now lol

what doing in btn

there is a nice Spanish tapas place in the lanes cant think of the name though

• 184 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:16 PM

@ Jazzy

€12 million Euros apparently, but I’ll believe it when I see him holding up the shirt ;) .

• 185 scout // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Holland wont make the final ne chance

• 186 jazzyp // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Beermonkey
    Just a day out shopping mate for missus. Mexican and Spanish are our favourites so we’ll look out for that.
    Think this will be the end of the road tonight for Brazil. And i can see the Germans going on to win it

• 187 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Even better now :) .

• 188 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Germany 2-0 wow

• 189 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:24 PM

whooops 3-0

• 190 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:25 PM

FOUR NIL lmao

• 191 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Hahahaha ferking wonderful

• 192 jazzyp // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Bpc
    If thats true bud it shows we are defo after the player and mean business and i hold hope yet.
    Wtf is going off here with brazil. Its like watching Nufc in the second half of the season lol

• 193 JAMSHA // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:27 PM

lololololil 4-0 hhahaha

• 194 beermonkey // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:28 PM

jazzy

I asked the wife its near the font and firkin
    we just passed it one night after a couple and had a nice meal it was cheap to

• 195 Toon Tang // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Didn’t know they were allowed to televise gang rape…

• 196 Toon Tang // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Is anyone actually surprised by this score line though??

Brazil been riding their luck all tourney.

• 197 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Oh this is fantastic lol

• 198 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Now its 5-0
    Nobody saw this coming lol

• 199 willowdalerez // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:31 PM

5 Nil already!!! Brazil is asleep at the wheel! As Sloppy defence as I’ve ever seen even our drubbing at the derby last year!

• 200 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Complete piss take that they got that far.

Obviously didn’t let that stupid statue know they were playing tonight :-)

• 201 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:32 PM

It was said Brazil might sneak one –

The only thing Brazil will be sneaking – is out the back door!!!!

• 202 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Absolutely mental this game
    Brazil you’ve well and truly f**ked it up! Looking forward to sawing who’s fault this loss is according to the anyone but mine book of Scollari

• 203 JAMSHA // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:34 PM

lololololo

• 204 Thump // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Did Brazil hire Pards as a defensive coach?

• 205 jazzyp // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Beermonkey
    Nice one mate, will look out for it. Bet ya didnt see this score coming pal ??
    Looking positive re Cabella mate aint it. Weve gone up 4 mill so we showing serious interest imo.

• 206 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:39 PM

PSG must be watching this thinking wow……we paid £50 million for that

• 207 beermonkey // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:40 PM

jazzy
    no1 saw 5 0 before half time

it does look good I hope we then don’t back out over wages or something silly
    I just hope we get them in and pards can find away of making them a team and win cabrella genier dejong is an attacking line up

• 208 beermonkey // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:42 PM

tads

he has been like all the time he has played at Chelsea
    he is a better dm than defender and his mistakes can be covered then

psg get what they deserve paying that for luiz

• 209 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Last season watching the toon in our yellow strip was like watching Brazil, now watching Brazil is like watching the toon!!!

• 210 Mister Tuff // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:44 PM

tads I was just thinking that myself – still amazed PSG paid 40/50 million for luiz. He is just not worth that amount.

• 211 toonicle // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Big Pappa- Will Hughes would be great, we could use a good left holding midfielder. Strikers still have to be priority though and a new CB before we get another midfielder.

• 212 Mister Tuff // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Brazil must have seen the Toon playing in their “Brazil kits” – hence the collapse.

• 213 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Wtf is going on lol let’s do it for neymar lmfao bunch of diks

• 214 toonicle // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Wow, wonder what the betting odds were for Germany to win by 5. Someone is making a load of cash.

• 215 Toon Tang // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I just hope we still get a game in the 2nd. Nowt worse than a hefty scoreline at HT squashing the life completely out of the game.

• 216 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM

OK Guys – whats the odds on extra time tonight?? lol

• 217 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Beermonkey
    It’s funny to think Luiz and Silva are the most expensive CB pairing in history!
    They’ve looked sh1te all tournament, €104 million for the equivalent of Boumsong and Bramble!

• 218 jazzyp // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Brazil fans chanting
    “Are you Newcastle in disguise”

• 219 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM

lol Boumsong, he was miles better than side show bob

• 220 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Average
    They way they were holding his shirt singing the anthem was hilarious!
    The blokes injured he’s not been shot ffs!

• 221 beermonkey // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM

really has pardew been coaching brazil
    its like watching us

tads
    that’s frightening 104mill for that pair
    side show bob makes taylor look good

maybe not

• 222 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM

You know your a sh1t defender when MOTD half time analysis of your performance is too see how many elbows you got away with!

• 223 Thump // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:07 PM

“Five niiilll…. five niiiiiiiiiiil”

• 224 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Should be 5-2 lol

• 225 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:09 PM

The officials can’t help them now even if Luiz should have been sent off :) .

How much did PSG pay for him again ? .

• 226 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Make that 5-3

• 227 willowdalerez // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Why all the comparisons to our lads…. we never gave up more than 4 in any game last season let alone in one half!

Brazil’s defending has been a disgrace plain awful and makes our backline look world cup worthy!

• 228 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:18 PM

David Luiz, Maicon and Fernandinho have not turned up.

Luiz doesn’t use his head… charges forward without thinking about the consequences.

Maicon might as well have just stayed at home for the whole tournament. Worst Right back of the tournament imho, all things considering.

Fernandinho, a dirty player that should not even have been allowed to play this game. Deserved 4-5 yellow cards against Columbia. Brazil have paid for their ‘favoritism by Fifa” this game. At fault for the fourth goal.

Honorouble mention to the sh!t list is Marcelo.
    Like Luiz, is too attack minded when the team needs to defend. Look disinterested during the build up to Kroos’s first goal, should have closed down when the ball was still on the left.

• 229 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Imagine seeing as much movement for NUFC as this German team ? .

• 230 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:23 PM

BPC – P45DUE would be dizzy. He wouldn’t know what to do lol

• 231 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Bpc

Parsnip wouldn’t allow that much movement he’d of told everyone of them to stay in our 18y box lol

• 232 geordie157 // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Marcelo is so over rated.

Oouu six nil. Haha

• 233 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM

6-0 Could be the biggest margin of victory in World Cup History!!

• 234 geordie157 // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Let’s sign a couple of Germans.

• 235 JAMSHA // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:26 PM

lolokikikiko 6-o

• 236 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:27 PM

David Luiz again…. no movement… even Ameobi would have a field day against him.

Luiz at fault for 2-3 goals.
    Marcelo for 1.
    Fernandinho for 1.

• 237 willowdalerez // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:27 PM

6… The Germans will really have to steel themselves for the final because it may be hard to concentrate after a game like this

• 238 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:27 PM

6-0 wow
    Can’t help but watch Brazil, all tournament not just tonight, and think why the f**k are you leaving Willian on the bench? And Ramires?

• 239 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:27 PM

The 50 million pound defender, who can’t defend for toffee.

Mourinho probably laughing his bollox off lol

• 240 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:28 PM

With Pardews tactical insights into the art of Defending. He would be a godsend to Brazil.

• 241 Rainrix // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:28 PM

German efficiency!

Happy that mullers disproven pards old argument that you need to have a 6 ft 4 player to score from a corner. I’ve almost forgotten what good football looks like.

• 242 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Even playing 5 a side I know to pass and move FFS . God knows what Pardew does in training.

• 243 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Geordie157
    Would happily take Holtby and Schurle who seem to be no more than bit part players at there clubs

• 244 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:30 PM

New’s just in:

“What the F**k have we just done?” is the general consensus among the PSG officials, as the chairman and director in charge of scouting talent and signing players watch the Brazil vs Germany game, live from their home.

• 245 Average_Contents // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Rainrix

Summed it up there mate! Efficient! lol

• 246 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Why the f*** is David Luiz the fourth furthest man forward for Brazil?! Then jogging back into the defense…. Does this guy not know that he is a defender?

• 247 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Just a quick drop in to say one thing, and i mean this, it is not a joke…….

Shola Ameobi is a better centre forward than Fred, and less lazy.

Thank you and goodnight.

• 248 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:34 PM

The same with Marcelo…. christ sake. If I was Scolari or even a Brazilian player I would be throwing my cleated football boots at them.

Someone needs to tell them to leave the counter attacking to the midfielders and forwards and do the jobs they are expected of, “DEFENDING”, as there sure as hell has been none of that for most of this game in the Brazil camp.

• 249 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Anita

• 250 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Wow. Just wow. That finish!

• 251 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM

SEVEN NIL

WOW

• 252 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Bunch of hatchet men, and they’ve got away with it all tournament.

• 253 geordie157 // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Wow schurle! We want 8

• 254 willowdalerez // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM

@Rainrix

7 nil… Nothing to do with German efficiency all down to piss poor defending by the Brazilians… The Germans haven’t looked great the Brazilians have looked awful. The came out too arrogant on offense… got down a goal or two then put all their effort into attacking and left the net empty… I could have a better score line with the entire brazilian orfered to just stand on the goal line and let the Germans take shots at them from inside the box!!!

• 255 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Another reason to hate Luiz, 6-0 down ( 7 now :) ) trying to kick a ball at Muller FFS .

• 256 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Markaccus
    There was a thing on twitter earlier…….Shola has apparently been contacted by Hull, several MLS clubs and……….the Mackems!!!!

F**k me 7-0!

• 257 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM

7! Doubleyoo teee efff

• 258 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:36 PM

@Toonarmydownsouth

He sure as hell ain’t proving Neville wrong with this performance, if anything a 10 year old on a playstation could control him better.

• 259 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Tads

….have brazil not been in touch to try and change his nationality?

• 260 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:38 PM

You know your sh!t, when your own fans are cheering for the other team.

• 261 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Have to say feel sorry for Julio Cesar, hung out to dry tonight, and it’s not fair for a lad of his age to have keep bending down to pick the ball out the net

• 262 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Markaccus
    He turned them down said he wouldn’t be seen dead playing for Brazil!

• 263 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Only players that IMO should not receive blame are

1. Paulinho,
    2. Willian
    3. That other Substitute who I can’t remember.

Game was lost before they came on.

Cesare at fault for Klose’s goal, not really much he could do about most of the others. Made some good saves as well.

• 264 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Germany have played very well, but it has been made VERY easy for them

• 265 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Ramires… thats the 3rd one.

• 266 willowdalerez // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Wonder if the riots will cause any other new causeways to collapse tonight

• 267 Rainrix // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Willow…. It was a joke mate ;)

• 268 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Luiz, Fernandinho, Maicon, Fred, Joe, Hulk and Marcelo should all be put into a stockade, paraded around the cities of Brazil as the Brazil fans pelt them with rotten vegetables.

These fans deserve better.

Fred, Joe, Hulk. All very forward attack minded players conjuring up ZERO goals between the three of them, despite having a hefty amount of appearances between them this world cup. Fred has looked worse than AMeobi each time I’ve seen him.

Marcelo just makes a mistake, does not even chase down to try and make up for it. Sums up Brasil tonight.

• 269 willowdalerez // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I give Brazil fans in the stadium some credit… they haven’t all left, thrown anything onto the field, booed and even had the courtesy to pplaud the last German goal rather than jeer their own team… that is class!

• 270 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Tads

yeah cesar has been fooked over royally by luiz and co.

Why shouldnt shola be seen dead playing for brazil?
    After all, Fred is FREQUENTLY seen dead playing for brazil!

• 271 Graeme // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:46 PM

YEEAAAAAAA Brazil found the net lmao

• 272 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Only 7 more to go.

• 273 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Lol at the commentator.

“Oscar has just scored the most useless goal of this tournament”

• 274 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Tads

why would shola not want to be seen dead playing for brazil??
    After all, Fred is FREQUENTLY seen dead playing for brazil!

• 275 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM

7-1 game on!!!!

• 276 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:49 PM

That was for you Neymar lmao

The statue has spoken

• 277 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:50 PM

If I was Scolari right now,

I’d give Marcelo, Luiz, Maicon and Fernandinho the cold shoulder.

• 278 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM

@ belfast

Were all the Brazil players thanking God for it not being 8 ;)

• 279 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Oscar the only player there that really looked cut up
    The rest look like they want to get on the bus and get there pay cheque

• 280 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Fred as well, as he is just useless. Disinterested and Lazy each game he has played.

I’d be expecting those five to come to my office, on their hands and knee’s begging for forgiveness. Absolutely appaling performances by them. Borderline insulting to their home fans.

• 281 willowdalerez // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Rainrix

should have known! What a spectacle!

• 282 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Tads.

Oscar has had a poor tournament, but at least he put effort in tonight. Him and that young lad bernard ran all night. In the end scolari’s stuborn selection has cost them. Luiz, maicon, marcelo, fernandinho and the fantastic Mr Fred were shocking tonight.

• 283 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Luiz was trying to communicate with the statue again at full time Bpc lol

• 284 beermonkey // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM

poor old neymar he must feel hated if they did that for him

• 285 Toon Tang // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Pretty difficult viewing at the end that was.

• 286 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Markaccus
    Aye he’s not been great but tbh been struggling to figure out which role Scollari actually has him playing!

• 287 Toon Tang // Jul 8, 2014 at 10:59 PM

It was like a long distant Brazilian half cousin twice removed was just kicked in the bollocks by a gang of rowdy bald headed German youths.

• 288 Toon Tang // Jul 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM

… And I could see it was happening but couldn’t help stop the bollock vollying.

• 289 ~Anita One Bites The Dust~ // Jul 8, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Luiz at fault for:

1. Schurlle’s first goal
    2. Schurlle’s second goal
    3. Khedira’s goal (where he charges out for a challenge then pulls out)

Honorable mentions:
    – Poor positioning for Kroo’s first goal.
    – Jogging back for Kroos’s second goal.
    – Did not seem to be marking anyone for Muller’s goal.

• 290 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Poor little Junhino looks like he’s trying to figure out how to get to the roof!

• 291 Belfast // Jul 8, 2014 at 11:07 PM

It was good viewing. Only regret is, it wasn’t Argentina that beat them.

• 292 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Tads.

Oscar should be playing in a classic brazilian 5-5 formation. Not the 4231 that big phil likes.

alves silva luiz marcelo
    …………..Gustavo
    ……………………ramirez
    ……oscar
    ……………neymar………..Hulk
    …………….NOT FRED

Its that jind of broken, fluid attacking 5 they always used to have

• 293 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Just like watching a toon game that capitulation. At least Brazil scored. We didn’t even do that on a lot of occasions.

• 294 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Ot looks all over the place on here, but the basic idea is there. Pele used to play as a wide left forward, with a cf and a second striker,

then there was a right side amf (oscar in this case) a more withdrawn but still atacking cmf, then a dmf and the bacj 4

• 295 yo-yo // Jul 8, 2014 at 11:51 PM

I’m sure Luiz’s value has dropped by 90% after that showing. Anyone fancy a cheeky bid for him at £3.2m if he will only stop sobbing / (and elbowing) ?

• 296 Santon03 // Jul 8, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Brazilian players were too arrogant, being the host and has the backing of the fans.. They expect Germany to just roll and die, it’s different attitude with Ronaldo’s or Kaka’s era of Brazil. They are just too damn arrogant!

• 297 jimiley // Jul 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Germany do not get enough credit. They were brilliant. The crappy pundits claim that Brazil were rubbish. England would have lost that game 2 to 1. We would have scored first and then defended. Brazil had not lost at home for 50 years in a competitive match. The Germans were playing against history and instead of defending for a one nil win, they kept going. They were fantastic. Hansen talks bollocks. You cannot win the league with kids. More bollocks.

• 298 manxpie // Jul 9, 2014 at 12:36 AM

well i wish i was the lucky facker that bet on that result! unbelievable!!!

btw remember pardews comments on luiz?!!!!

he was right and 50 mill!!!!!!!1

the whole world is mental

and the funny thing is before the game the bbc were saying, infact had a whole feature! on the germs playing more boring football lol

that without doubt was the best performance of this cup but more likely the best for many a tournament!

7-1 against brazil in brazil in a semi-final of THE WORLD CUP! unbelievable

• 299 manxpie // Jul 9, 2014 at 12:36 AM

whoops forgot a few more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 300 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 9, 2014 at 12:44 AM

It’s some good business of Chelsea.

• 301 manxpie // Jul 9, 2014 at 12:52 AM

btw reading earlier today on arfa

so pardew has turned the whole squad against him!

not arfas fault at all then?
    even tho there were stories of colo and others not happy with him?

wake up ffs the guy is obviously a lazy barsteward who only thinks of himself

if he didn’t he’d be up with the top players of the world!

but oh yeah its pardews fault for turning 22 players against him the same 22 players that hate his tactics and training!

not arfas fault at all by the sounds of it!!

• 302 Thump // Jul 9, 2014 at 3:05 AM

I’d be interested in reading whatever manx has read. I’ve read nothing about the squad being pissed off with Arfa.

• 303 gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club) // Jul 9, 2014 at 4:58 AM

I don’t understand us buying such an attacking wing back with the way Pardew plays- it was the same to an extent with Debuchy. Everyone thought “Oh good, now we’ve got him we’ll start playing attacking full backs!”; but no, Pardew just uses another player differently to how anyone else had.

Maybe he’s seen something in his game he wants- like kicking it really high and far.

• 304 Santon03 // Jul 9, 2014 at 5:21 AM

I’m just wondering what brazil stats will be in video games like in winning eleven or pro evo or fifa?

• 305 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 9, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Thump,
    There were several articles towards the back end of last season about the ‘senior’ players being unhappy with HBA’s attitude, and unhappy with the fact that Pardew had continued picking him in the immediate matches after the alleged dressing room confrontation.

No hard evidence, but HBA has past for this so there could be legs to it. On the other hand, Pardew hasn’t exactly covered himself in glory with the way he has handled a number of situations so who knows.

• 306 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 9, 2014 at 7:23 AM

I’m not sure where the figure of 22 players comes from mind, from the stories I read it was more like 5 or 6. Do we even have 22 first team players nowadays?

• 307 Thump // Jul 9, 2014 at 7:45 AM

@Lilo: I remember reading that the likes of Colo (and Cabs?) was furious with Ben Arfa, but I thought that was due to when he kicked off at half time with Pardew and openly criticised his tactics.

The only reason I question the validity of it is because of a few passive aggressive comments (clearly aimed at Pardew) on his Instagram account.

• 308 gaz 44 // Jul 9, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Thump I bumped into keV Nolan in a bar in Portugal, just got back.. He said he loves Newcastle as a place and a city. There the first teams results he looks for with Bolton but they’re being run by mugs.. He rates pardew as probably the best manager he’s played under but he gets no say what so ever in transfers , apparently pard’s put in a letter of resignation when AC went but was talked out of it by senior players he also said Ben arfa was a quality player but more destructive than anything else and the rest of the team dislike playing with him as he’s so greedy so what you said may have legs

• 309 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:05 AM

People you should really choose wisely what you believe from that allergy raw between Benny and any player!

…from what we have been told both Benny, Colo, Ba and even Cabs have openly criticized Pardue’s tactics.

I remember that Tottenham game where the team were so poorly and Pardue’s tactics were worse, Pardue threw Benny and Marv in to the game (probably hoping for a quick fix) and openly criticized both of them after the defeat.

Benny was probably the only one who tried to do something in that game. If anyone had criticized Pardue after that game it would be justified!

• 310 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Thump,
    Cabs had already left by that point, I read reports that named Krul, Colo, Shola and then “other senior players”. I’m not on instagram, when I clicked that link it showed me a photo of him having dinner!

• 311 lesh // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Has Pardew’s got a new PR spokesperson in gaz 44?
    ;-)

• 312 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Jesper,
    I don’t doubt or argue that Pardew is at fault as well in all this, but lets not paint HBA to be whiter than white. He has a history of fall outs with players and managers. Anyway, don’t want to get into this debate with anyone.

On other news, I see the Echo is saying we are sending Dummett out on loan, touting him around Championship clubs. Ipswich were credited with an interest last week, but that could just have been lazy journalism given they had sold their left back.

• 313 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:13 AM

So what happened to Brazil last night?

…is it really okay for the host nation to put on such a show in a semi final?

• 314 Lew Davies // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:13 AM

According to the Ronnie Gill, “Mathieu Debuchy won’t be allowed to leave Newcastle United on the cheap ”
    I always thought this had to be wrong when it was reported he could go for as little as £8M.
    Fat pig is not that stupid. I expect that was Arsenals opening bid. £12M is more like it.

• 315 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Lesh/Gaz44,
    To be fair, Nolan has hardly played under top class managers….. Fat Sham,Kinnear, Shearer, Hughton and Pardew.

As nice a man as Hughton is, he is a long stretch from a good manager. Shearer was great as a player, but awful manager (and pundit). Then choosing who is best between Fat Sham, Kinnear and Pardew is like choosing whether you would prefer to be hit in the testacles with an iron crow bar, a steel rod or a piece of lead piping.

• 316 Slank // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:17 AM

gaz 44 @ 307

I don’t want to name names for obvious reasons but a current player said almost exactly the same to me.

I have never mentioned this before as I know I would be howled down as it’s not what so many ‘fans’ want to hear.

Within the group of players Pardew is generally rated very highly with the usual gripes from the players that all managers get. And yes the players would like to see the club get shot of Ben Arfa.

• 317 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Lew,
    That article also says that NUFC are prepared to play hard ball but will accept £10million.

Not sure how playing hardball equates to meeting in the middle. Get them to chuck us £8million +Campbell and Jenkinson on permanent deals and they can have him.

• 318 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Slank,
    I don’t want to name names for obvious reasons”

Yeah you do!! Go on! ;-)

• 319 Lew Davies // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Lilo I would go for that too.
    I just don’t want arsenal players on loan. That’s just not good business imho.
    Why should we be used to give their players EPL experience. With the possible exception of an option to buy at the end of the loan.
    I’m not sure we are that clever though (if I’m honest )

• 320 Slank // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Lil

I would really like to spill the beans and dispel all the negative things said about the players and the coaches, some of it justified of course but I gave my word to the bloke. He was on holiday at the time and not at Whitley Bay !

• 321 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Lew,
    To be fair, I’d take Jenkinson on loan as we don’t have a youngster anywhere near in that role. For Campbell I don’t see the point in giving him Prem experience to take back to Arsenal ahead of at least giving our youngsters a chance to show what they can do.

• 322 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Slank,
    Nothing wrong with holidaying in Whitley Bay!! I holiday in Newcastle every year now!! Beautiful spot!

• 323 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Lilongwe…as long as we paint a picture of how it is and stop judging a player for his past – a past he has regretted!

You cannot keep arguing the present by referring to the past (not if you want to argue with me)

• 324 Slank // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Lil

My father used to say about Whitley Bay that it had eleven months winter and one month bad weather.

• 325 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 9, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Jesper,
    You can’t judge a player by what they have done in the past? Everything is in the past mate. It is the only firm basis to judge this sort of thing on as everything presently is just hear say. Your view is no more correct than someone who thinks it is all HBA’s fault as none of us were actually in the dressing room or present when these alleged incidents occurred.

There are no quotes to say that Pardew blamed HBA for defeats to Spurs or Man U, these come from articles which highlight that there was a dressing room bust up between HBA, Pardew and other players. If he did blame HBA, then the other stuff is also likely to be true.

As I have said, both are likely to be at fault for the deterioration in relationships.

• 326 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 9, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Slank…if you want the benefit of a doubt we need more than that ;)

• 327 toonboyjake // Jul 9, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Friend of mine is an agent, represented Xisco before his brother took over, told me were offered De Guzman for £6m and have turned it down for now, apparently we are trying to push through other deals instead

previous post: This Is Why Newcastle Reticent To Buy British Players