Newcastle Want Demba Ba And Loic Remy


There is a report in the Star today that Newcastle want to bring back two of their former strikers back to Tyneside – Demba Ba and on loan striker Loic Remy, who has failed to reach agreement with Arsenal on a compensation package and the move is stalled.

Demba Ba scores against wigan

Demba Ba – will he return?

The good news yesterday was that Newcastle are back in negotiations with Loic Remy’s agent on a possible deal,  with QPR also interested and we suppose it’s like 18 months ago – and the best compensation offer made will determine which club Loic signs for – and it could even be newly promoted QPR again.

Arsenal could come back in with an improved compensation offer for Loic, and Tottenham are also be interested in Remy.

Demba Ba is available from Chelsea after a tough 18 months there since he left Newcastle for £7M, and the Star is reporting that Newcastle are looking at making a (they call it sensational) move for him.

The wages of both players is the big hurdle for Newcastle, plus the fact we are nowhere close to being a Champions League team again anytime soon.

But the very fact that we are in there trying to get deals for Ba and Remy is a (very) good thing – if only we can get one of the strikers through the door.

And Newcastle are in France trying to negotiate a deal for long term target Remy Cabella and Remy is now off on vacation – but that doesn’t say a deal couldn’t be done for the player, who is said to be keen to join Newcastle.

And another target we have in the striker ranks is Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette – but he wants to play for a Champions League side.

It would be great if we can sign Demba Ba or Loic Remy and sensational if we could get both – but the chances of is doing that have to be fairly slim.

Both players were great for us with Demba scoring 29 goals in 58 appearances and Loic scoring 14 goals in 27 appearances.

What do you think?

Written while on vacation in England.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

14 comments so far

  • thai-mag

    Jul 11, 2014 at 7:30 AM

    Comment #1

    It’s in the Star so it must be true

    0
  • Lilongwe Geordie

    Jul 11, 2014 at 7:32 AM

    Comment #2

    I see Swindon have reportedly asked to take Adam Campbell on loan. Totally unproven still, but not sure we can afford to loan him out unless we get a couple over that line soon.

    Doubt we will be after/get either of these 2. Doubt either would want to come, and doubt the club. Agents spreading rumours to try and drum up interest in their clients.

    0
  • Graeme

    Jul 11, 2014 at 7:36 AM

    Comment #3

    I suppose a pair of mercenaries is better than nothing at all – at least they both know the limitations of the Club, the inabilities of the manager – they know exactly what they would be getting in to!!

    Which is probably why it wont happen. It is often said, things are never as good, the second time around!!

    0
  • Lilongwe Geordie

    Jul 11, 2014 at 7:41 AM

    Comment #4

    Graeme,
    That would be my worry on it. I also can’t see why we would go in for someone who made a claim of being allowed not to play, which the club then refuted. We are often told of how in depth the research on players goes into their personalities before signing them, surely this is one glaring fault in Remy.

    Ba I doubt will do as well the second time around. Plus, it is AFCON time again in January so we would still need bodies in to cover the month or so that he and Cisse would be away.

    0
  • Slank

    Jul 11, 2014 at 7:42 AM

    Comment #5

    Lil

    Campbell needs to go out on loan to prove to the club that he is worth persevering with as his last stint was not very successful. His then manager made less than flattering remarks about his attitude.

    0
  • Lilongwe Geordie

    Jul 11, 2014 at 7:42 AM

    Comment #6

    NUFCFans reporting our bid for Janmaat has been rejected as they want £6million for him and we bid £4.7million. Par for the course with our negotiations….

    0
  • jon.c

    Jul 11, 2014 at 7:47 AM

    Comment #7

    Can we have positive news about players not rubbish that is being printed not just fairytales.

    0
  • tynesidetommo

    Jul 11, 2014 at 8:08 AM

    Comment #8

    This will never happen. It’s Fantasy Football time again. Blatant attempt to boost season ticket sales. Neither player will want to come back to the Toon and have said as much.

    0
  • banjax

    Jul 11, 2014 at 8:16 AM

    Comment #9

    Want being the operative word used here. But if Newcastle want to finish higher than last season they are going to have to have a few more top quality players to make it happen.

    0
  • bobby mango

    Jul 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM

    Comment #10

    Doubt either will happen but I think Remy is possible.
    We need some forwards in soon. If Cisse is the only proper striker we have come kick off we are doomed.

    0
  • lesh

    Jul 11, 2014 at 8:32 AM

    Comment #11

    Errrr,

    Ba? Remy? De Jong? Cisse? Armstrong?

    Christ, where does Pardew propose to play three of them at a time?

    Can’t see Ba or Remy being too chuffed at sitting in the dugout!

    0
  • one Tony Green

    Jul 11, 2014 at 9:30 AM

    Comment #12

    De Jong is not a forward Lesh and Armstrong and Cisse would never ever get the nod ahead of Loic or Ba. It is all hypothetical anyway as we will sign either of them.

    0
  • Whumpie

    Jul 11, 2014 at 10:11 AM

    Comment #13

    Can I take it from this BS that season tickets are still on sale?
    Not a snowballs chance in hell on either of them.

    0
  • musomag

    Jul 11, 2014 at 3:01 PM

    Comment #14

    Newcastle want….to have a word if this story is true. Luckily it is absolute balls.
    A pair of chancers who couldn’t care less about the game. They’d retire tomorrow and flip burgers for Mac’D’s if the wage offer was high enough.

    0

You must log in to post a comment.