The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Alan Pardew Pays Tribute To His Staff – And To Himself

2:38 pm, Monday, July 14th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 114 Comments

When you talk about your staff,   the manager doesn’t usually include himself in that – but not Alan Pardew – who has thanked his staff for getting Remy Cabella through the door – and hey, that includes thanking himself.

Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew – pays tribute to his staff – and himself :D

This is some of what Alan Pardew had to say to nufcTV on the Cabella signing:

“I’d like to pay tribute to my staff and in particular Graham Carr, myself, Lee Charnley, Mike Ashley and everyone on the board, who worked really hard for this one.”

“We think he is a player who is important, obviously that is represented in the fee and in his commitment to us as well.” “I’m just looking forward to seeing an exciting talent in the team, somebody who can open the door.”

Alan will come in for criticism for this – but hey – the fact of the matter is it’s team work that gets players through the door, and Alan will have played a part in getting Cabella on Tyneside, so if he wants to thank himself – so be it.

We also have had a good feeling about Lee Charnley as a man who gets things done (believe me – they are worth their weight in gold in any organization), and it seems Lee is starting to deliver the goods.

It’s looking like we can sign Daryl Janmaat from Feyenoord very soon, and maybe also 24 year-old striker Emmanuel Riviere from Monaco – but we still need two more top strikers brought in and a midfield play-maker – because we are not convinced that Remy Cabella will be the replacement for Yohan Cabaye.

We really hope we can go back in for Clement Grenier of Lyon – the 23 year-old would be a terrific signing for us.

What do you think?

Note: Sean Borland has a student season ticket and since he will be away in Calgary studying for a while he wants to sell his season ticket for the first half of the season. The price is £140 – which is what he paid for it – you can contact Sean at s.borland@ncl.ac.uk

Below are our social media sites:

Written while on vacation in Newcastle, England.

Tags: Coaching · Contracts · Newcastle News · Remy Cabella · Transfer News and Rumours

114 responses so far ↓

• 1 Blubber tits // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Hope he doesn’t survive beyond 5 games, the retardant.

• 2 swemag // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Wow, this one will generate some comments I would think.
    I say nothing.

• 3 Wandering Geordie // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:40 PM

• 4 Wandering Geordie // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Of course Al……While you were swanning off to the British grand prix etc…..What a F wit and hopefully that door will be open just enough for your exit

• 5 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM

lesh…I might be a hard man, but I would like to think I am fair as well?

…does who knows me and work with me knows I expect alot from those around me, but if people do what is expected of them they get alot of praise and respect from me.

I don’t really tolerate people who slack off or won’t take responsibility for the job they have been handed – you can’t just point your finger at the one that either hired you or gave you the responsibility in the first place.

I don’t tolerate that kind of behavior :)

• 6 Ancientcoptic // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Has Pardew just been Pardewed?

• 7 nut meg // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Oh…we’re back on NewsNow !

• 8 firebug666 // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM

But mainly myself because I was fantastic as usual even God bows down to me and my ego.

Ah well, you have to take the good with the bad, he may deserve some of the credit and rightly so, but maybe it would have been better left for others to pat him on the back.

Really I don’t care what he says as long as the right signings keep coming in.

• 9 Rainrix // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Title did make me chuckle a bit there. Really is anyone surprised by anything pardew says anymore?

• 10 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:45 PM

*does = those

• 11 Blubber tits // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Cabella fee is £7m with no add-ons, it’s now reported, if anyone missed it.

• 12 Spoof // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Just been looking at some previous threads, I find it incredible that people actually believe that we are at the start of a new era where Ashley will allow us to prosper, do you people never learn, relegation would cost him a fortune as it did last time, all he is doing is safe gaurding against that, if we also get Riviere, Janmaat plus a good replacement for MYM with another stiker and we do well and have 30+ points buy January then a big offer for any of our players who have excelled will be accepted as relegation would be deemed as not being likely, if Riviere sets the league on fire and bangs in 10/11 goals buy January and we have over 30 points then he will be cashed in if an offer comes.

• 13 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Blubber tits…do you have a link?

• 14 beermonkey // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:51 PM

wandering Geordie

pards was at the Monaco gp as well so I sure as he was in france he was there with his xbox helping to get the deal over the line in fact pardew and xbox don’t go make that a WII
    maybe cabella is a scratch wii golfer

• 15 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Wants someone that can unlock the door yet benched HBA & Marv when Cabaye left ? .

Ok then Pards, whatever you say m8 .

• 16 Blubber tits // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Nobody upon nobody has ever said such self-aggrandising words in the history of mankind, not even Nobel Prize winners, the one exception other than Pardew is perhaps Ruddy on this blog.

• 17 70TWO // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:54 PM

P45due

• 18 Spartak Miserable // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Pardew Out

Loew In

• 19 pottsclock // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:56 PM

This is what we’re up against.

• 20 Scottiedog // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Is this a blog for NUFC haters??

WHY are so many people on here so angry!?!?!

Looking at this transfer window we have got some really good talent in that in my opinion are even better than that of those who we have sold!! Yes Pardew is up his own arse, but looking at the interviews of the players that have come in it is Pardew that has spoken to the players and encouraged them to join!!!

So stop with the negativity and lets look forward to the start of pre-season!!

• 21 Jail for Ashley // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Spoof,
    I think people just want to believe that things are looking up but you are dead right, what makes anybody think that these players are being bought to build success on, they’re being bought to cash in.

• 22 70TWO // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Spoof

Maximising profit through minimal investment, or make that no further investment. This gravy train just keeps running.

• 23 Blubber tits // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Watching SSN, Jesper. No online outlet putting their name to that fee yet, so don’t have a link.

• 24 wynsleap // Jul 14, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Pardew is under serious pressure now. If he starts the season badly after our owner has made this unexpected, unusual but welcome outlay I reckon he’ll go the journey tout de suite as Ashley will want value for his money.
    What we really need above all is a top manager to get the best out of our purchases. I don’t think Pardope is that man. Maybe he’s building himself up as far as he can now hoping his part in the transfers can get him onside with the fans, as he knows things could get pretty sticky come the end of September.

• 25 Shot Bru // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Hey Ed..Don’t beat about the bush bru…P45Due is a Dick…Quality!!!

• 26 Whumpie // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Wow.

When Jose cakes himself the Special One everyone laughs. AP gets torn til shreds for this. Funny how it goes.

Sadly I think Spoof is right but you never know. Either way you have to credit the club for some goes work here.

Now the hardest part: strikers.

• 27 Whumpie // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM

That is a cracking bit of verbal twattitude from Pards tho :)

• 28 70TWO // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:10 PM

What is the expectation of fans for next season:

If NUFC get to a Cup semi final and finish in the top 8 will you be satisfied?

• 29 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Whumpie

aye but when jose does it, he is taking the p1ss out of the media (who fall for it every time). Pardew believes what he says about himself. Trast me, mah san, we gonna be a fret this yeeah.

• 30 Average_Contents // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Press Association Sport understands the Magpies agreed a deal for the former Montpellier man for a little over £7million, which was all paid up front with no add-ons, once again justifying their concentration on the European, rather than domestic, market.

• 31 Jail for Ashley // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Whumpie,
    The special one boasts more than a paint trophy in his cabinet.
    Scottie dog,
    We all love NUFC but seven years of Mike Ashley have left a lot of us with a loathing of the man.

• 32 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Satisfied, yes. Not overwhelmed though. I would like to qualify for yerp.

• 33 Average_Contents // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

The link that mentions Cabella’s price

• 34 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Blubber tits…okay, thanks for the info though ;)

• 35 phatt knacker // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM

I think he just gave special mention to those who get “special” abuse when we dont sign anybody! He should have shouted his name at full pelt!!!
    I would rather have a manager blowing his own trumpet than have no trumpet at all :-)

• 36 Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM

God I despise this man. To think De Boer was open to move here, and we’re stuck with this useless mug,

• 37 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Look. There is a time and a place for the extreme negatives. I don’t like pardews over cautious style, and he has passed the point of no return on his BS (even for me, as in the past i have been willing to ignore that). But again, at the start of this coming season, he is going to have quite a changed squad to work with. Now, while the probability is he will play defensive, he might surprise us. We know he isnt leaving, so we might as well hold off throwing rotten tomatoes (or tinned) at him until we see how hr uses the new players.

• 38 Ibizatoon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

So, Ashley has sanctioned the purchase of a decent player and now we’re back to the old blog battle of anti and pro Ashley…or is it just a battle of positivity vs negativity?

Bottom line for me is that we needed to make some decent signings this summer or we were in for a horrid season. Most “anti Ashley” accept the fact that he will spend to protect his investment – that is not the issue.

Let’s not kid ourselves that this is some change in character and now we’re going places. Nothing has really changed, we’re certainly not further ahead than we’ve been under Ashley.

However, he still has time. I’ll need to see it first though, he abused my blind faith and it wont happen again.

• 39 Jail for Ashley // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM

wynsleap,
    I don’t think anything has changed at all in the owners mindset, we’ve spent a few quid simply because we’ve had to as we hadn’t bought a player for a year and a half, Pardews objective will still be the same, hit that top ten spot while telling everyone who’ll listen that our players are vulnerable to the big clubs who might be interested.

• 40 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Blubber tits…the + £7M for Cabella does sound more accurate than the supposedly £12M!

…but who knows!

• 41 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM

But i would advise everyone to get some tomatoes into a dark warm damp room so they can be nice and smelly for when he (most likely) uses cabella as a left back.

• 42 Blubber tits // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Ibiza the little ray of Med sunshine joins the fray.

• 43 Ibizatoon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:22 PM

blubber…That’s me! Now, who are you? :)

• 44 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Afternoon ibiza. Have you had your fence freshly sanded down and re varnished for this season :D

• 45 Santon03 // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I would like to take this opporturnity to thank myself for doing a great job since noone thanking me.

Sound a bit silly when I tried it on myself, but then again I’m not pardew.

• 46 Blubber tits // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Jesper

I’ll just go down the middle with 10 and be content with that, unless a reliable source says different. Reading Ibizatoon’s treatise over the years has taught me a lot about moderation, although I preserve a special little corner of hate in my heart for Pardew.

• 47 OhSholaAmeobi // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Krul
    Janmaat Willo Colo Santon
    Sissoko Tiote
    Cabella De Jong Gouffran
    SIGNING 6

Elliot
    R.Taylor S.Taylor Yanga-Mbiwa Haidara
    Anita Colback
    Ben Arfa Marveaux SIGNING 7
    Cisse

Yes I know it isn’t football manager, but those are 2 relatively good teams we could put out without using Dummett, Ferguson, Sammy, Obertan, Jonas, Bigi, Abeid, Vuckic, Perez or any of the young defenders or strikers.

Every team should really have 2 players for each position – or 22 purples in Llambias tongue.

• 48 DokToon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM

morning all,

did anyone catch the world cup final yesterday when they showed the sun going down behind the big statue and the sun looked like a halo around the head?

beautiful sight, i thought it was pards blessing the world with his awesomeness…

• 49 Blubber tits // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Ibiza

I’m a man with a thousand faces.

• 50 Ibizatoon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Markaccus…Afternoon good sir….I have left a few splinters on the top so that I don’t get too comfortable or happy. Don’t want to be getting hoodwinked in to thinking I enjoy watching Newcastle by seeing shiny new signings :)

• 51 Slank // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM

pottsclock @ 19

We don’t compete with ManU. ManU have spent less on players than ManCity, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and even Spurs over recent years.

The Glazers take their share so it is arguable whether ManU could have spent more on transfers.

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Markaccus,
    I think Ibiza is well and truly off his fence and has been for sometime now in fact I think he’s more likely to have smeared it in burglar grease and concreted broken glass into it than sanded it down.

• 53 OhSholaAmeobi // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Krul
    Janmaat Willo Colo Santon
    Sissoko Tiote
    Cabella De Jong Gouffran
    SIGNING 6

Elliot
    R.Taylor S.Taylor Yanga-Mbiwa Haidara
    Anita Colback
    Ben Arfa Marveaux SIGNING 7
    Cisse

• 54 OhSholaAmeobi // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM

• 55 Blubber tits // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Anybody else ever scratched their testicles and smelt them, only to be surprised they smell of chives? Most extraordinary.

• 56 Santon03 // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM

LOL Doktoon

Sounds like Po from kungfu panda lol

AWESOMENESS

LOLOLOLOL

• 57 Ibizatoon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:27 PM

A thousand faces and blubber tits? Sounds like a good look mate!

Dok…Yeah, it was quite a view

• 58 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Ibiza

That is a very wise move.

Dok

I have seen enough artistic pictures of christ the redeemer to last me 1Million life times!

• 59 Blubber tits // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Blubber tits is an excerpt from a poem I wrote about our illustrious owner and saviour.

• 60 Santon03 // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM

really sounds like in the begining of 1st kungfu panda lol

blinded by his awesomeness hahahahahah

• 61 70TWO // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Can those who wish to make negative comments and/or leave be called “60 minute men”, or should it be “69-ers”!?!

• 62 Spoof // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Jail

I must disagree with you @52, the why I see Ibiza always has and always will sit on the fench so I don’t know how you can say he is off it lol

• 63 Santon03 // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:31 PM

pardew should make 20ft golden statue of himself at SJP

• 64 DokToon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:31 PM

mark,

the translation of christ in aramaic = pardew, ya know….

• 65 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Dok

so, not “fred” or “luiz” then? :D

• 66 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Blubber tits…Ibiza is just another fence-sitter!

Ibiza…I didn’t see you were here ;) lol

• 67 Rainrix // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Dok…. We got some typically enlightening commentary when it happened.

“It looks like a football”

Mark Lawrenson :)

• 68 Spoof // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:33 PM

fench=fence

• 69 Ibizatoon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Jail…If I concreted broken glass to it you’d never get me off!

Blubber…Now I’m intrigued, let us hear your poem.

• 70 DokToon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:33 PM

santon,

my son and i watched it last nite again, hence the reference. really fits though…

• 71 DokToon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:35 PM

mark,

fred and ameobi = immobile… only thing immobile about pards is his huge, hurricane withstanding ego .. and hair….

• 72 Marty-Toon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Quality if we can get Janmaat through the door also.
    Ed ,you said that your not sure Cabella is a replacement for Cabaye but I’d actually think it’s De Jong that is Cabaye’s replacement.
    Will Cisse score a few this year?
    I’d say Perez will be in around the first team.
    I really hope that with Cabella joining that it might give Ben Arfa a good spark as he won’t like to see a younger fellow countryman coming in and showin more skill and delivering on match days than he can.
    If it doesn’t give him a spark then he’s a lost cause

• 73 Our Toon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Afternoon all,

Nice to see we are making REAL moves in the transfer market, it’s great that the likes of Siem, Cabella and hopefully Janmaat are arriving but lets not forget we had 2 transfer windows without any permanent signings.

Personally I think MA’s hand has been forced into the transfer market by the dwindling sales of season tickets. Percy takes the credit now….lets see if he feels the same way once he starts break new unwanted records next season!!

• 74 Santon03 // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Dok

Do we have a hill overlooking SJP? A hill to put pards golden statue

• 75 Santon03 // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Dok

Actually there is Italian striker name Immobile, he is in WC squad Ciro Immobile and just signed for Dortmund for 16mil.

• 76 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM

It bewilders me that we ever struggle to get players through the door at times. Surely all the doorways are widenend….for Ashleys blubber-tits and Pardews massive head.

• 77 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Widened

• 78 Ibizatoon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Jesper…Not to worry mate, most people your age have sight issues ;)

• 79 Spoof // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM

According to The Mag Jalmaat was due for a medical today but it has been postponed due to illness but they expect him to take his medical tomorrow instead, he’s probably $hitting himself at the prospect of being part of this bloody awful defence we have.

• 80 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Santon

yeah we have heard of immobile, we were making fun of it being a bad name for a striker :D

• 81 the truth will out // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:40 PM

he needs putting on a spike on top of the keep

• 82 Santon03 // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Oh ok, Mark :)

• 83 Spoof // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM

please don’t mention sight issues as I am sick to death with getting eye treatment, was there earlier today for some more, still struggling to focus and have much more to look forward to.

• 84 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Truth

We could put it there with ashleys head, and jfks too. Make some sort of macabre totem pole to warn others!

• 85 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Ibiza…even GT looks younger than you mate ;)

• 86 DokToon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM

santon,

to bring you up to date…

immobile in portuguese = hulk
    immobile in nigerian = ameobi…

• 87 70TWO // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM

P45due excuse generator:

“It will take some time before the new players have bedded into their new positions.”

“The World Cup has set us back as the players did not get a good pre-season under their belts”

“I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, there is no one better”

• 88 Belfast // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Think he hasn’t meant to say that, to be honest.

I see the media are now reporting that the Cabella fee was 7 million with no add ons.

So I’ll be expecting an apology from Manxpie for that one.

I was right you where wrong manxpie, as per usual. ;)

• 89 Pardews Prolific Boys // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I hear we’re renaming the stadium st Pardews park

• 90 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Dok

it was fred in portugese. Hulk was at least full of running.

• 91 Spoof // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM

St Pardew’s Park, yeay I quite like that, it’s got a nice ring to it ?

• 92 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM

“The Sports Direct Emporium of Pardews Magnificent Enlightenment and Entertaining Football”

• 93 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Or ” The SDEPMEEF” For short. Pronounced Ess Depmeef.

• 94 Spoof // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM

bit of a mouth full that one

• 95 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM

@YCabayeofficiel: Félicitations mon fréro @RemyCabella10. Tu vas te régaler. And all the @NUFC fans Will love you.

• 96 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Spoof

thats what pardew said when ashley put his balls in his mouth…..

i feel sick

• 97 70TWO // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Spoof

There is no door bell ring, just a big knocker that fails to make contact.

• 98 Santon03 // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM

hahhahah guys I can’t stop laughing

• 99 DokToon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:56 PM

mark,

stupid yummy vodka i drank too much of this weekend… :)

isnt professer pardew one of the teachers at hogwarts? responsible for defense of the quiddich pitch?

• 100 Spoof // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:57 PM

ouch……………..you bitches !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 101 Markaccus // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:57 PM

70TWO

Big knockers? Are we back to blubber tits again :D

• 102 DokToon // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:58 PM

hilk run, me no score, but me get angry when official no call foul on german player.. GRRRRR!!!

• 103 Spoof // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:58 PM

DokToon

is that your way of saying that you feel that Pardew is magical ??????

• 104 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 14, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Shut up Ryder ffs!

@lee_ryder: #nufc haven’t bid for Andy Carroll. Player also thought to be happy in London. #whufc

• 105 Belfast // Jul 14, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Aye, Lee Ryder would know with all his reliable sauces

• 106 70TWO // Jul 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM

For strikers I would like to see may be Joel Campbell on a 6 month loan (despite earlier comments) and a bid for Christian Benteke. Lambert might jump at the chance of increasing his transfer budget by 150%.

• 107 Rake // Jul 14, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I personally think anyone putting Sissoko in their team in the middle doesn’t know Pardew well enough. I think our team would line up more like this:

-Jammat– Willo –Colo–Haidara
    ——–Colback——Tiote——–
    –Sissoko—-De Jong–Cabella—
    ——————Cisse?————–

My guess is that De Jong will play behind a striker. Although I think Pardew could play him as a striker which wouldn’t surprise most of us. I think Colback is probably nailed on to start seemslike a classic Pardew player.

I do wonder if we will see us play in a 5–3-2 formation as Pardew tried it towards the end of the season. Just a thought though…

• 108 Average_Contents // Jul 14, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Our fixtures that have been selected for live broadcast! First 2 games live

• 109 croftus5678 // Jul 14, 2014 at 4:14 PM

i’d go

———-krull———-
    —–willo—colo——
    jan—————-hair
    ——colb–tiote——
    ———siss———–
    ——cab—siem——
    ———cisse———-

mid 3 of 2 very def minded players and one complete package in sissoko which will allow sissoko to join attack and our fb’s licence to go forward when possible to put crosses in (i.e. janmaat at world cup)

• 110 DokToon // Jul 14, 2014 at 4:19 PM

spoof,

well, tbf, pards does have a way of making me leave my chair, and objects seem to magically appear hurling themselves towards my television :)

• 111 BuckBlack // Jul 14, 2014 at 4:41 PM

“We also have had a good feeling about Lee Charnley as a man who gets things done”.

Would this be the same Lee Charnley whose first act in his new post was to confirm the fact that we weren’t interested in Europe or any of the cup competitions? That we would be aiming for the heady heights of a mid-table finish in the 2013 – 2014 season?

We (this we, here) would like to see the back of Charnley.

• 112 lesh // Jul 14, 2014 at 4:54 PM

“…… and in particular Graham Carr myself,…..”

Place the comma after ‘myself’ and it sounds more modest.

To be fair to Pardew, I don’t believe he’d publicly praise himself – his ‘quote’ was probably victim to a typo.

Mind, I wouldn’t be surprised if he were to preen himself in front of a mirror…. ‘Who’s a pretty boy then? Who’s the best manager in the world?’ etc as he butts his bell between compliments!

:-)

• 113 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 14, 2014 at 5:17 PM

“…if he wants to thank himself, so be it.” Hahahahahahahahahah. I’d like to thank myself for all my achievements. Well done Blackley.

• 114 Magpies4Life // Jul 14, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Yeah, he receives sh!t from fan for the pettiest of reasons, nothing wrong with blowing your horn once in a while. After all he is the manager of NUFC and insulting him is tantamount to betrayal. Many of the “Pardewed” guys are silent now. Enough said.

previous post: After Cabella Capture – Another Top Signing Imminent