Alan Pardew Pays Tribute To His Staff – And To Himself

When you talk about your staff,   the manager doesn’t usually include himself in that – but not Alan Pardew – who has thanked his staff for getting Remy Cabella through the door – and hey, that includes thanking himself.

Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew – pays tribute to his staff – and himself 😀

This is some of what Alan Pardew had to say to nufcTV on the Cabella signing:

“I’d like to pay tribute to my staff and in particular Graham Carr, myself, Lee Charnley, Mike Ashley and everyone on the board, who worked really hard for this one.”

“We think he is a player who is important, obviously that is represented in the fee and in his commitment to us as well.” “I’m just looking forward to seeing an exciting talent in the team, somebody who can open the door.”

Alan will come in for criticism for this – but hey – the fact of the matter is it’s team work that gets players through the door, and Alan will have played a part in getting Cabella on Tyneside, so if he wants to thank himself – so be it.

We also have had a good feeling about Lee Charnley as a man who gets things done (believe me – they are worth their weight in gold in any organization), and it seems Lee is starting to deliver the goods.

It’s looking like we can sign Daryl Janmaat from Feyenoord very soon, and maybe also 24 year-old striker Emmanuel Riviere from Monaco – but we still need two more top strikers brought in and a midfield play-maker – because we are not convinced that Remy Cabella will be the replacement for Yohan Cabaye.

We really hope we can go back in for Clement Grenier of Lyon – the 23 year-old would be a terrific signing for us.

What do you think?

Note: Sean Borland has a student season ticket and since he will be away in Calgary studying for a while he wants to sell his season ticket for the first half of the season. The price is £140 – which is what he paid for it – you can contact Sean at s.borland@ncl.ac.uk

Below are our social media sites:

Written while on vacation in Newcastle, England.

• Blubber tits

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Hope he doesn’t survive beyond 5 games, the retardant.

• swemag

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Wow, this one will generate some comments I would think.
    I say nothing.

• Wandering Geordie

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:40 PM

• Wandering Geordie

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Of course Al……While you were swanning off to the British grand prix etc…..What a F wit and hopefully that door will be open just enough for your exit

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM

lesh…I might be a hard man, but I would like to think I am fair as well?

…does who knows me and work with me knows I expect alot from those around me, but if people do what is expected of them they get alot of praise and respect from me.

I don’t really tolerate people who slack off or won’t take responsibility for the job they have been handed – you can’t just point your finger at the one that either hired you or gave you the responsibility in the first place.

I don’t tolerate that kind of behavior 🙂

• Ancientcoptic

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Has Pardew just been Pardewed?

• nut meg

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Oh…we’re back on NewsNow !

• firebug666

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM

But mainly myself because I was fantastic as usual even God bows down to me and my ego.

Ah well, you have to take the good with the bad, he may deserve some of the credit and rightly so, but maybe it would have been better left for others to pat him on the back.

Really I don’t care what he says as long as the right signings keep coming in.

• Rainrix

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Title did make me chuckle a bit there. Really is anyone surprised by anything pardew says anymore?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:45 PM

*does = those

• Blubber tits

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Cabella fee is £7m with no add-ons, it’s now reported, if anyone missed it.

• Spoof

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Just been looking at some previous threads, I find it incredible that people actually believe that we are at the start of a new era where Ashley will allow us to prosper, do you people never learn, relegation would cost him a fortune as it did last time, all he is doing is safe gaurding against that, if we also get Riviere, Janmaat plus a good replacement for MYM with another stiker and we do well and have 30+ points buy January then a big offer for any of our players who have excelled will be accepted as relegation would be deemed as not being likely, if Riviere sets the league on fire and bangs in 10/11 goals buy January and we have over 30 points then he will be cashed in if an offer comes.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Blubber tits…do you have a link?

• beermonkey

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:51 PM

wandering Geordie

pards was at the Monaco gp as well so I sure as he was in france he was there with his xbox helping to get the deal over the line in fact pardew and xbox don’t go make that a WII
    maybe cabella is a scratch wii golfer

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Wants someone that can unlock the door yet benched HBA & Marv when Cabaye left ? .

Ok then Pards, whatever you say m8 .

• Blubber tits

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Nobody upon nobody has ever said such self-aggrandising words in the history of mankind, not even Nobel Prize winners, the one exception other than Pardew is perhaps Ruddy on this blog.

• 70TWO

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:54 PM

P45due

• Spartak Miserable

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Pardew Out

Loew In

• pottsclock

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:56 PM

This is what we’re up against.

• Scottiedog

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Is this a blog for NUFC haters??

WHY are so many people on here so angry!?!?!

Looking at this transfer window we have got some really good talent in that in my opinion are even better than that of those who we have sold!! Yes Pardew is up his own arse, but looking at the interviews of the players that have come in it is Pardew that has spoken to the players and encouraged them to join!!!

So stop with the negativity and lets look forward to the start of pre-season!!

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Spoof,
    I think people just want to believe that things are looking up but you are dead right, what makes anybody think that these players are being bought to build success on, they’re being bought to cash in.

• 70TWO

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Spoof

Maximising profit through minimal investment, or make that no further investment. This gravy train just keeps running.

• Blubber tits

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Watching SSN, Jesper. No online outlet putting their name to that fee yet, so don’t have a link.

• wynsleap

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Pardew is under serious pressure now. If he starts the season badly after our owner has made this unexpected, unusual but welcome outlay I reckon he’ll go the journey tout de suite as Ashley will want value for his money.
    What we really need above all is a top manager to get the best out of our purchases. I don’t think Pardope is that man. Maybe he’s building himself up as far as he can now hoping his part in the transfers can get him onside with the fans, as he knows things could get pretty sticky come the end of September.

• Shot Bru

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Hey Ed..Don’t beat about the bush bru…P45Due is a Dick…Quality!!!

• Whumpie

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Wow.

When Jose cakes himself the Special One everyone laughs. AP gets torn til shreds for this. Funny how it goes.

Sadly I think Spoof is right but you never know. Either way you have to credit the club for some goes work here.

Now the hardest part: strikers.

• Whumpie

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM

That is a cracking bit of verbal twattitude from Pards tho 🙂

• 70TWO

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:10 PM

What is the expectation of fans for next season:

If NUFC get to a Cup semi final and finish in the top 8 will you be satisfied?

• Markaccus

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Whumpie

aye but when jose does it, he is taking the p1ss out of the media (who fall for it every time). Pardew believes what he says about himself. Trast me, mah san, we gonna be a fret this yeeah.

• Average_Contents

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Press Association Sport understands the Magpies agreed a deal for the former Montpellier man for a little over £7million, which was all paid up front with no add-ons, once again justifying their concentration on the European, rather than domestic, market.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Whumpie,
    The special one boasts more than a paint trophy in his cabinet.
    Scottie dog,
    We all love NUFC but seven years of Mike Ashley have left a lot of us with a loathing of the man.

• Markaccus

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Satisfied, yes. Not overwhelmed though. I would like to qualify for yerp.

• Average_Contents

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM

The link that mentions Cabella’s price

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Blubber tits…okay, thanks for the info though 😉

• phatt knacker

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM

I think he just gave special mention to those who get “special” abuse when we dont sign anybody! He should have shouted his name at full pelt!!!
    I would rather have a manager blowing his own trumpet than have no trumpet at all 🙂

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM

God I despise this man. To think De Boer was open to move here, and we’re stuck with this useless mug,

• Markaccus

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Look. There is a time and a place for the extreme negatives. I don’t like pardews over cautious style, and he has passed the point of no return on his BS (even for me, as in the past i have been willing to ignore that). But again, at the start of this coming season, he is going to have quite a changed squad to work with. Now, while the probability is he will play defensive, he might surprise us. We know he isnt leaving, so we might as well hold off throwing rotten tomatoes (or tinned) at him until we see how hr uses the new players.

• Ibizatoon

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

So, Ashley has sanctioned the purchase of a decent player and now we’re back to the old blog battle of anti and pro Ashley…or is it just a battle of positivity vs negativity?

Bottom line for me is that we needed to make some decent signings this summer or we were in for a horrid season. Most “anti Ashley” accept the fact that he will spend to protect his investment – that is not the issue.

Let’s not kid ourselves that this is some change in character and now we’re going places. Nothing has really changed, we’re certainly not further ahead than we’ve been under Ashley.

However, he still has time. I’ll need to see it first though, he abused my blind faith and it wont happen again.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM

wynsleap,
    I don’t think anything has changed at all in the owners mindset, we’ve spent a few quid simply because we’ve had to as we hadn’t bought a player for a year and a half, Pardews objective will still be the same, hit that top ten spot while telling everyone who’ll listen that our players are vulnerable to the big clubs who might be interested.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Blubber tits…the + £7M for Cabella does sound more accurate than the supposedly £12M!

…but who knows!