Cabella – I Wanted To Join A Great English Club

With Newcastle’s decline over the last few years, fans have become a little (probably more than a little) disillusioned with the way Newcastle are being run as a club – there’s no question about that.

Newcastle United Unveil New Signing Remy Cabella

Remy Cabella at St. James’ Park yesterday

But the good news is that we still have a very good name in at least France and Holland, and Remy Cabella was gushing in his praise of Newcastle United when he jetted in to sign along the dotted line yesterday.

This is some of what Remy had to say yesterday:

“It is great to finally be a Newcastle player.” “I wanted to join a great English club and that is why I have arrived here.”

“I’m looking forward to pulling on the shirt and playing in this magnificent stadium, and I will give this Club my maximum.”

“This is a move that I really wanted to make, as I have heard nothing but good things about Newcastle United from everyone I spoke to.

The St. James’ Park stadium is really a magnificent sight and my brother and I – with my wife Madeline – were out on the town on Saturday night in Gallowgate, and that’s very close the to the stadium.

And getting that stadium built was the best thing Freddy Shepherd ever did while he was the Newcastle United Chairman for 10 years.

And Bobby Robson’s name for the ground – the Cathedral on the Hill – is a fitting way to talk about it – because it represents the religion among Newcastle fans that is Newcastle United.

And with the Benton training grounds going to be improved and refurbished dramatically over the next two years, we will soon have one of the best training centers of any club in Europe.

That’s all good news – but how do we get Mike Ashley to spend the considerable money Newcastle will be getting into their coffers in the coming years?

That’s the real question.

Note: Sean Borland has a student season ticket and since he will be away in Calgary studying for a while he wants to sell his season ticket for the first half of the season. The price is £140 – which is what he paid for it – you can contact Sean at s.borland@ncl.ac.uk

This site has been blocked by Newsnow, but you can still reach us via one of our social media sites below or go straight to the site at www.nufcblog.com.

Written while on vacation in Newcastle, England.

• Grazy Cavan

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:38 AM

1st?

• Spoof

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Well Remy, if you want to join a great English club then all you have to do is play well next season and we will sell you to one !!!!!

• JDdubai

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Why is lacazette too much for us? 12m for Debuchy. 20m for Cabaye, 60m TV money…12m Cabella, 6m SDJ…..even with 6m a piece for Riviere and Janmaat we wont have touched the tv cash…

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Spoof,
    That’s a bit cynical Spoof, what on earth makes you think we’ll sell him for 20M in a years time ?

• ToonMatt

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Spoof, True.

• firebug666

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Spoof

Well said, I think that is what he means like, I come here and play well for 18 months then off to the Champions League.

The pattern has already been developed, Ashley uses players to make his money, When they talk about the development squad they mean the whole squad.

Will we challenge for anything this season? I think not.

• Santon03

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:06 AM

It’s reality, other clubs also doing it.
    If we are doing well and get into europe then they will probably stay. The problem is nobody wants to play ala pardew especially if we keep losing games after games. If we have like Van Gaal or Simeone in charge then everyone wants to stay. The reality is we have king pardew.

• cyprus

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:08 AM

* If you’ve heard nothing but good things you haven’t been reading NUFCblog or the local papers Remy!
    * About the great club thing. Yes, we are that, but we are going to need your help. You on one side, HBA on the other, Tiote, Siss in the middle, plus SDJ and the others. Doesn’t sound too shabby.
    * Really really hope the coach can handle these players and ‘up’ his game as well. Study study study Pards.

• Pardews Prolific Boys

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:08 AM

We make what looks like a decent signing and actually spent some money on him but you lot twist it into a negative. Are you for f#*^ing real?

• firebug666

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:10 AM

King Pardrew???

More like serving wench Pardrew.

• Santon03

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:12 AM

LOL firebug

• Slank

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:14 AM

An excellent signing. Next should be Janmaat who will also be an excellent signing from what I saw at the world cup. Hopefully we will get at least one striker.

I can see a flexible 4-5-1 formation developing:

Krul

Janmaat – Williamson – Colo – Haidara

Cabella – Sissoko – Tiote – de Jong – Colback

ANO

• Santon03

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Not sure about Janmaat joining NUFC, I heard Van Gaal (Manutd) want to sign Janmaat.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:19 AM

An excellent signing, I just hope he stays longer than a year and a half if he’s any good, I know what’s coming next, we’ll have the usual suspects saying where’s JfA and his sort now, bit quiet now eh ! Well nobody doubted that this summer would be significant in the transfer market, like I have said a few times in the past when that five were brought in January, that was into a squad that was desperately short of five players, those signings done the trick and we narrowly escaped relegation, inexplicably ten first team players have gone the other way since then and that’s not including Xisco, Tav and others that featured in the EL that season, also what must be taken into account before the Mashley bandwagon gets up to speed is that the last significant window before that when Cabaye etc was signed, the only two successes from that window have been moved on with the notable success from the January five already gone with a lot of rumours about his WC team mate also going, so before you start accusing us of disappearing, remember that we are still two or three strikers a RB and a decent centre half short and that’s before Pardew feels confident enough to start rolling out his ‘we’re vulnerable to the big clubs’ spiel.

• Spoof

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Jail

I do apologise, I don’t know what came over me to make me think of such a rediculous idea, as if Mikey would do such a thing lol

• Slank

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM

JDdubai @ 3

We don’t know how much Lacazette’s club want.

He has said he wants Champions League. That’s just another way for his agent to jack the price up.

If it’s true that moneybags Liverpool are sniffing around him then his asking price may well go up.

However, IMHO Liverpool only got into the Champions League because ManU had their worst season for years. I don’t see them missing out again especially under Van Gaal and with Liverpool without Saurez.

• ToonMatt

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Wait till the league or FA cup? I wonder what he will think when Pardew puts out the reserve team because the club does not want to compete in cup competitions, He’s a good player but he has no future at this club I’m afraid.

• cyprus

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Must admit I was relishing BOTH HBA and Cabella but I guess that’s too much for AP to handle. Having watched Messi and his often misfiring in the WC (plus some of his games with Barca) I really think HBA has been mishandled at NUFC. If, by some miracle AP leaves before HBA then we’ll see him shine I’m sure.

Using Wise (youtube) analogies, HBA is better than our new Cabs (Cabella) 🙂

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Great got Cabella
    Now lets get someone up front – me personally would offer Remy a deal he could not refuse – reason we know what we are going to get – a proved goalscorer in the Premiership.

• gazza85

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Personally believe this has the potential to be a great signing, but we need another 4 to compliment it.

I think we need 2 strikers (I think that’s obvious) or at least a striker and a winger. Gouff is a striker and this could allow him to be moved up top and an attacking midfield of say de Jong, Cabella and Zaha/another would be great to see. I don’t think Benny will see much football even if he does stay as his relationship with Pardew seems un-reparable for whatever reason.

The other signings would be a replacement RB and a class CB as we’ve leaked far too many goals in the last few yrs.

These signings without anymore first team outgoings would see us looking quite competitive and maybe just allow fans to be positive for the first time in a while.

• Slank

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Santon03 @ 13

There is logic why Van Gaal would like to sign him but he didn’t always start under Van Gaal in the World Cup.

• gazza85

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Also does anyone know why the blog has been banned from newsnow?

• Markaccus

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Slank

I am not trying to be funny here, but Liverpool finished second. Surely if Man U had had a better season, then it would have been Arsenal to miss out on the CL?

• firebug666

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:38 AM

gazza85

Think it had to do with some complaints about it redirecting to an app site. Someone on here said yesterday I think.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Charlie,
    It’s a shame Remy done what he done against Lpool as it would be great to have him here, somebody mentioned him and Ba, you’d be looking at, at least 30 goals between them, but do you want a pair of strikers who are constantly angling for a move and have agents who know exactly how to milk the system.

• Slank

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Cyprus,

Cabella tends to play on the right wing although, from what I have seen on You Tube, he often goes through the middle.

This is almost exactly the same as Ben Arfa. I’m not sure either of them would be too happy or as effective playing on the left wing.

It’s a nice idea but I don’t think it has any legs.

I have a feeling that Pardew may put Colback on the left wing, more I suspect as a protection for Haidara as both are left footed which makes sense, although this is Pardew I’m talking about !.

• Santon03

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Slank

Yes, LVG prefer Kuyt because he used 3 at the back. It’s just based on the news that Manutd also after Janmaat. If he has to choose between MU and NUFC, LVG and pardew. I think he will sign for MU.

• musomag

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Four posts in one morning, three of them very repetitive about Cabella. You’ll be getting in trouble with Madeline!

• usmagpie

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Wow I for one need to say to people in here to relax, yes we have had the rep for selling players after a year or two for a profit but lets start by saying Welcome to the Toon. We have all said we will believe it when we see players in a shirt well there he is, we as fans need to give Newcastle some credit here for coming through on a player they said they were after and need to stop beating up the club. I’m happy now that we signed a player we needed and wanted and one we actually have been linked with for ages. Give Graham and the board some positive reinforcement here as they done what they said they would do. Yes I know I am one that is guilty of giving the club abuse for not doing anything but now they have we need to give our support and try and be positive and maybe Mike Ashley has learnt his lesson and see’s that finishing higher in the league and getting into Europe would make more financial sense than selling players after a few years. Good job NUFC this has 100% put a smile on my face.