Dutch Reports That Newcastle Deal Agreed For Janmaat

There is breaking news coming out of Holland that Newcastle have agreed a £5M deal to sign Daryl Janmaat of Feyenoord on a six year contract.

Daryl Janmaat

Daryl Janmaat – £5M deal agreed?

The news in the last few days was the Dutch club wanted £6M for the player, but it seems a deal has actually been agreed, and Daryl could be the 5th player signed by Newcastle this summer, after Montpellier winger Remy Cabella was signed yesterday for around £10M.

The news is being reported by De Telegraaf and that terms with the player are now being discussed, after Feyenoord finally accepted Newcastle’s £5M offer for the player.

This would be another excellent signing for Newcastle, since the player has looked good in Brazil playing for Holland, who finished 3rd in the tournament after easily beating a poor Brazil side 3-0 on Saturday night.

We cannot think Newcastle will have much of a problem in agreeing terms with Daryl and his representatives – so we could well see the Dutchman on Tyneside soon taking his medical.

Hope so.

Maybe the next player to arrive will be Monaco striker Emmanuel Riviere once we get Daryl on board at Newcastle?

Sean Borland has a student season ticket and since he will be away in Calgary studying for a while he wants to sell his season ticket for the first half of the season. The price is £140 – which is what he paid for it – you can contact Sean at s.borland@ncl.ac.uk

This site has been blocked by Newsnow, but you can still reach us via one of our social media sites below or go straight to the site at www.nufcblog.com.

Written while on vacation in Newcastle, England.

• Slank

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM

REPOST

Markaccus

I think we would agree that the top table is likely to be a permutation from either Arsenal, ManU, Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool.

One of them has to lose out. Arsenal have spent very wisely and look much stronger. We know Man City and Chelsea are going to be there or thereabouts.

ManU is the dark horse but under Van Gaal I think they will bounce back. He looks like the perfect replacement for Fergie. He looks like the type of manager you don’t mess about with or question.

Liverpool will be without their talisman who did so much for them to finish second. I wonder whether losing Saurez will have the same impact as when Spurs lost Bale. There is really no like for like replacement for both of them.

We shall see.

• beermonkey

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:52 AM

we all know its done and dusted bit debuchy hasn’t officially left yet has he

does this mean were waiting to sign a replacement before letting him go or is he on holiday

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Ed moves very quick lol

• Slank

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Hope the news is true as he looked a cracking player in the World Cup.

Now for a striker or two.

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM

I guess I’m wrong about Janmaat and MU

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Not bad at all, losing RB who played in last 16 in WC for 11mil and get RB in WC semi final for half price, and younger too.

• Slank

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I wonder if Colo is a bit grumpy this morning after last nights result. Best team of the competition won. Very impressive.

• Markaccus

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Slank

Well, for this coming season i agree…. Arsenal have improved massively, Citeh still have their squad in tact, Man U will perform better now that they have actually signed players, and Chelsea have Mourinho. Liverpool, as you say, have sold an irreplaceable goal source (albeit a horrible excuse for a human) and in the end it will cost them. Last season, which i thought you meant originally, they were a fantastic side. I think the likes of Gerard are almost finished now, so it could be difficult this year.

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:56 AM

These transfers get me excited again about NUFC after last season. pardew you better not mess it up this season!!

• Slank

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Santon03 @ 5

Yes, let’s hope so.

• Spoof

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Santon

you would think given the choice he would go there but it doesn’t always happen like that, Cabaye, Debuchy and Cabella all came here when you would have expected bigger clubs to go for them, the same with MYM, at times players need assurances that they will be first team regulars and if that is not given to them then they could choose us to show case what they can do, this may be the case with Janmaat, then again the Man U interest may only be press invention.

• Markaccus

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Colin reporting Janmaat a done deal. OH NO!!!

• tynesidetommo

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Looks as though we’re in top gear. Could get to like the notion of quality signings for hard cash

• Slank

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Markaccus @ 8

Yes, I think the usual suspects will be at their usual table come the end of the season but perhaps the sittings may be different . No party poopers this time.

• beermonkey

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM

slank

the way arsenal and Chelsea have improved there gonna be in the top3 with city then its fool and manure for 4th
    but I think its gonna be close

I don’t think its the goals Liverpool will miss so much its the rest of the stuff suraez did fool had lots of different goal scorers

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Santon
    The manure link was simply through Van Gaal there was no concrete interest, most the Dutch team have been linked!

Reading SDJ’s comments it’s sounds like he’s done and dusted tbh

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Spoof

I hope it’s just press invention, if it’s true that Janmaat is coming then we just need 1 or 2 strikers in.

• Slank

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM

beermonkey @ 15

Agree. At least there will not be any sustained dental injuries this season !

• Spoof

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:03 AM

£5m for an established top class right back seems too good to be true, a player equally as good as Debuchy ( provided he settles in this country ) but 4 years younger and we also get something like £7m more, what a superb piece of business if it is pulled off.

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:03 AM

tads

let’s hope so. this transfers really exciting, can’t wait for the season to start.

• Spoof

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Santon

lets hope so, but don’t forget the CB as we desperately need one, possibly 2 if MYM does as expected go.

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:05 AM

who knows NUFC could be 4th lol
    if pardew already have brain surgery.

• Slank

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Well I’m off shopping again with the missus.

Last time I was away doing my duty we bought Cabella.

Maybe this time Janmaat turns up when I get back, let’s hope so.

• cyprus

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Slank,
    I think you are right regarding similar positions for Cabella and HBA. Still, I think the two on the field would spread havoc. He alone would be easier to mark.

• ethiotoon

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Wonderful mates..
    This could be the toon season to watch.
    Let’s be behind pards and Mikey now.
    Bcoz they deserve something from us..
    Now get reviere lacazzate and we’ll be over the moon.
    If not lacazatte,ba Muriel welbeck or aubameyang are better option

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Spoof

we need 2 CB if Mbiwa goes. Can’t depend on Saylor, he had long term injuries every season.

• beermonkey

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:10 AM

slank

be interesting to see what pocchitino does with spurs might take them a bit of time with new coaches and that so I would expect them to finish strongly

everton need to replace lakaku but they have got barry in you never know with them they might have some1 in there reserves that come in and do well

I think they will be the top 6

• firebug666

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Taylor and Colo are both injury prone, and who knows if R.Taylor is going to last the season. I agree 2 CB’s and 2 Strikers needed then I might even start to feel a little optimistic about this season.

• Markaccus

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Beermonkey

Suarez was directly involved in the highest amount of goals for any single player in the prem last season. Assists or scored. So really they are not just losing the onrs he scored, but potentially many of the other players’ goals too. Liverpool have massive boots (and teeth) to fill!

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Ethiotoon,
    Hang fire before getting behind Mikey pal, wtf has he been doing for seven years, the window isn’t closed yet, Pardew might just be smug enough after this signing to lay on his sales pitch.

• Markaccus

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I would still likr us to land Micah Richards. For me he would be a starting CB and will be extra cover at RB.

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Markaccus

Suarez suspension is until end of the year if I’m not mistaken. Even if Suarez stayed, they will still need replacement(s).

• Spoof

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Jail

I agree with you, if the season started now with what we have then relegation would be a certainty as we have no CB’s and no strikers, not of any worth anyway.

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:21 AM

If Micah Richards willing to accept wage reduction, NUFC will sign him imo.

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Will Cisse keep #9 shirt?

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Cisse was better before wearing #9

• Markaccus

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Santon

Suarez suspended until end of october, so they would have been in a similar situation to last season, and probably could have coped. As it is they are desperate for his level of creativity up front. Sturridge will put in more than his fair share, but they need more

• firebug666

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I like what SDJ has been saying in the press, and hope he can have the sort of input he expects to have in training.

“I learned a lot at Ajax,” said De Jong. “I started as a young guy and grew into a captain and I think that changed me as a person.

“I think I can help players, and I also talked a lot with the trainer the last two years about how to play and he asked me a lot about what I thought about the team, so I hope I can build up that relationship here with the players and the trainer.

“Of course, I have to prove myself first and play well and then earn the trust of the trainer and the players.”

• Spoof

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Richards is a RB who can cover CB, for me I would rather have a specialist CB as the ones we have are dreadful, Anita and even Saylor could cover RB if needs must.

I would expect Cisse to keep the number nine shirt, especially as we don’t currently have a striker, but even if we get a striker I doubt that the shirt would be taken off Cisse.

• outsidethebox

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:31 AM

even though he is just under 6 foot micah richards is better imho in air than all toon cb,s .injury prone only problem .still got to be a bargain at £3 m love to see him at toon playing alongside mbia…

1 2 3 6