Montpellier Chairman – Cabella Wanted To Join Newcastle

The 70 year-old Montpellier Chairman Louis Nicollin has commented on the transfer of Remy Cabella to Newcastle United, which his son Laurent handled for the club, (Laurent id the President), but Louis’ comments on Newcastle have been worse – maybe he’s taken a shine to Newcastle? 😀

Louis Nicollin Montpellier President-300x183

Louis Nicollin – Montpellier Chairman

This is what Louis has told  Foot Mercato today:

“He wanted to go. I wasn’t happy, but I told him, ‘Congratulations’. ” “In England, there is Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United, which are above Newcastle.”

“But Newcastle is a club with a lot of French. He likes them, so great.” “Personally, I would not go to Newcastle. But hey, I’ll see him when he plays against a club in London! “He has what he wants, fine, we’ll see.”

“But in any case, he has the ability to succeed in England, that’s for sure. “He is frail, but he’s hard to catch.” “It was not the €15M, but it is not far.”

The France midfielder flew in on Sunday to complete his move to Newcastle, and Cabella seemed delighted to join what he called one of the great clubs in England.

Montpellier initially wanted €16M (£12.8M) for Cabella, but there have been several reports that Newcastle got the French International for an up front payment of £7M.

It seems another excellent signing by Newcastle United, and this lad is a very good player, and we just have to hope he is strong enough to put up with the physical play in the Premier League.

Written while on vacation in Heathrow, England.

Below are our social media sites:

• pawl250

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Spoof

Because both are not “worse off” in that position. They have also not been in that position in the PL for Newcastle.

Why do you seem to have a problem understanding?

If PEA wants to leave because he prefers a central role, would you and you wisdom not go for him because he in your eyes is a winger?

Sturridge played out wide for Chelsea for nearly two seasons, was he better for it? Or did he kick a fuss for a central role, play for Liverpool in the centre and manage to have 43 games and 31 goals?

Sometimes a player knows his position…. Like Sissoko keeps saying he prefers behind the striker. What right do you, me and whoever else have to say no he is not good in that position?!

I prefer him as a CM/CDM.

• JamesToon

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Bambams janmaat is virtually completed NUFC just want to unveil him and riviere at the same time

• JamesToon

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM

pawl i agree if PEA wants to play striker, then i don’t see any reason to go out and buy him and stick him straight into striker position. unless he is happy playing on the right wing then in that case put riviere up front.

• deeps

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM

What about Janmaat :'(..has he signed?

• darrenfletcher88

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Sour grapes that’s all from the fat man with stupid hair

• pawl250

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:11 PM

PEA wont come to Newcastle. It was a simple debate after JamesToon asked where I would play him.

I think his preferred and better position would be ST.

If I had my way I would not buy Riviere if we could or it would stop us buying Hernandez and Richards which in total in terms of fees I would guess would be around 10m.

Hernandez is the perfect player for Newcastle and to play infront of Siem.

I would look to sell S Taylor, R Taylor and Obertan if possible.
    My opinion. Everyone is entitled.

• kakaobi

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:13 PM

That’s what I like to hear he WANTS to play for Newcastle United can’t wait for the season to start now

• Spoof

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:15 PM

pawl

if a player has played in 2 positions and is better in one of then then play him their, but if you want to convince yourself that playing players out of position is for the best then go ahead and do so, but don’t try to convince me m8 as it will never work as I know that you are wrong, nothing more to say really I think it would be best if we just left it m8 as we will never get anywhere.

• Bambams

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Jamestoon
    I hope you are right fella.

• D-rizzle

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Am I right in thinking that we have lodged a £12.7 million bid for Benteke?
    @T_Clements on Twitter: ‘Newcastle have lodged a £12.7 million bid for #AVC striker Christian Benteke. Bid expected to be rejected. More as I get it.’

• Whumpie