The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle United’s New Home Strip Revealed

3:10 pm, Wednesday, July 16th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 21 Comments

There are photos starting to do the rounds on the Internet of what may be Newcastle’s new home strip, and below is the photograph – but we’re not too sure that we like it too much.

nufc strip

What do you think – if this is the new PUMA home strip?

The news is that it will go on sale on Monday August 14, 2014.

Written while on vacation in Heathrow, England.

Below are our social media sites:

Tags: Newcastle News · Other News · Strips

21 responses so far ↓

• 1 pawl250 // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:12 PM

PEA wont come to Newcastle. It was a simple debate after JamesToon asked where I would play him.

I think his preferred and better position would be ST.

If I had my way I would not buy Riviere if we could or it would stop us buying Hernandez and Richards which in total in terms of fees I would guess would be around 10m.

Hernandez is the perfect player for Newcastle and to play infront of Siem.

I would look to sell S Taylor, R Taylor and Obertan if possible.
    My opinion. Everyone is entitled.

• 2 dannitoon // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:14 PM

It could have golden thread n I still wouldn’t buy owt with WONGA on it

• 3 pawl250 // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Awful strip. Not impressed with the whole block of black at the top.

I do not know anyone who did not like the Ltd edition membership shirt last year with the half white and half black.

It looked smart. I understand we are stripes, but just look at it as two very large stripes ;)

• 4 voodoo85 // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Don’t like it myself, too many stripes for my liking, don’t like the black chest piece either.

• 5 Spoof // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:18 PM

dannitoon

Wongo or no Wonga, I still woudn’t buy it, not as long as Ashley is the owner.

• 6 Blaydon-Toon // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Anyone see the strip with Sissoko large black stripe down the middle ? I liked that one but one above is awful

• 7 Bambams // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I like broader stripes. Its not that bad I suppose.

Sky have just stated it will take a few days before Deb signs for gooners then janmaat woll sign

• 8 Mattroge // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM

To be honest whatever the strip may look like I won’t be buying it as it has Wonga on it. I’ll stick to the retro tops thank you very much.

• 9 Thump // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM

@Blaydon-Toon: The one NUFC Stats made? Aye, I’d have it. Shame the fans seems to know what we want better than those making the buggers.

• 10 Taff the Mag // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Why are we associated with Wonga at all, I think that it degrades our club, always something shady about them, look for another sponsor .

• 11 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Apparently janmaat deal has collapsed at the very last minute.

Liverpool hijacking our deal.

• 12 JP...from The Rock // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Sh*t ugly shirt that one!

ilovetoon8788- Where did you get that from??

• 13 Geordiedoonsooth // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:35 PM

That Kit is to put it politely bloody awful I hoep that it is not our new kit. On a playing front if we can sign a proven goalscorer I think this will definitely be the best transfer window since Ashley took over. De Jong is quality, Cabella isn’t to shabby either, & Collback is a strong midfielder. Just need a goalscorer

• 14 manxpie // Jul 16, 2014 at 3:44 PM

People on about benteke hasn’t he been crocked all year with the same as raylor’s injury?
    Raylor was out for nearly a year before doin it again

Wouldn’t gamble on him for that kind of money

• 15 GeordieDan // Jul 16, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Yep, crap strip, really, really tacky with that stupid black chest part.

Retro shirts only for me til Wonga’s gone anyway.

• 16 ToonMatt // Jul 16, 2014 at 4:11 PM

It’s hideous!

• 17 G // Jul 16, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Its very retro. Still bloody awfull though.

• 18 CDEVINE69 // Jul 16, 2014 at 4:55 PM

This could well be fake
    I wasnt aware there was a new home top coming out. How longs the current one been out? Its not more than one year is it??

• 19 Carl819 // Jul 16, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Manky strip, bring back the Adidas grandad collar strip. The best we’ve had in the last 40 years

• 20 NOVA2967 // Jul 16, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Not usually a fan of the black chest piece but statically well done. That is about the best you can do to throw of the Wonga, Will look okay on Sissoko and the bigger lads. The Gray/Silver is the best we have, been waiting on a gray one.
    My only question about the signings is position wise. Pardew wanted players who could unlock a defense and so De jong and Cabella work but won’t be replacing Cabeye passing out from the midfield. I am guessing a tiote and anita/colbeck will be battling down and letting these new signing focus on scoring but I don’t like that logic. With Tiote and Cabeye we bossed the midfield against the top teams. Maybe the best pairing around and I still think we need a replacement for Cabeye if we want a really good team. Unless mighty Colback is the truth which I can only hope for.

• 21 mcookie2 // Jul 16, 2014 at 5:50 PM

This only thing I don’t like about being a Newcastle supporter is reading/listening to you moaning idiots. This is actually a decent kit. It’s like 99% of you actually hate the club. After everything that’s happened, I still defend our club to my last breath! Too many people are quick to bash this or bash that! Damned if we do, damned if we don’t! Shut up, support the club and stop making idiotic comments.

previous post: Montpellier Chairman – Cabella Wanted To Join Newcastle

next post: Riviere Passes Medical – Magpies To Announce Double Signing?