I’m So Excited – Stadium Is Amazing – It’s A Special Club

After reading the many comments made by our new signing Emmanuel Riviere today – we would even hazard a guess that he is (very) pleased to have become a Newcastle player. 😀

Newcastle United Unveil New Signing Emmanuel Riviere

Emmanuel with manager Pardew yesterday

Emmanuel will meet his new team-mates today at the Benton training grounds, and he has said how impressed he is with the magnificent St. James’ Park stadium – which is kept absolutely immaculate by the ground staff at Newcastle – but that’s how a Cathedral should be kept.

This is what Emmanuel has said in the Shields Gazette this morning:.

“I’m so excited,” “When I came I and saw the stadium, I thought it was so amazing.” “I imagined what it would be like when it’s full of people. I want to smell the passion.”

“I asked many people about it and they told me that the atmosphere is crazy. They said the fans push the team.” “I didn’t speak with Moussa – he was away at the World Cup – but I spoke with a lot of guys about England and Newcastle.”

“It’s a special club for strikers.” “I want to work and to improve.” “I know when I score here, the fans will be with me.” “I’ve watched Newcastle on TV and seen the French guys play every week,”

“I think it’s a big club and a good club for me. It has a lot of fans and a good manager.” “It will be a new experience for me.”

Riviere is our 5th signing of the summer, and we also hope to sign Daryl Janmaat of Feyenoord – since Mathieu Debuchy will probably sign for Arsenal today.

Newcastle have so far signed Ayoze Perez, Jack Colback, Siem de Jong and Remy Cabella – and now Riviere – and certainly Lee Charnley   deserves credit for starting to get the job done as our new Managing Director.

Don’t forget he’s the main man who does all the leg work for these signings, and he deserves big credit.

So it’s so far so good in this summer’s transfer window.

What do you think?

Note – I’m now off to catch my plane back to the US here at Heathrow Airport – and it leaves in a couple of hours – but when I get back to Raleigh I’ll be back on the air again – maybe we will have signed Janmaat by then – hope so. 😀

Below are our social media sites:

• Slank

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:57 AM

REPOST

Sounds like an excellent signing.

Will he be playing on the left wing (as Cabella plays on the right) or upfront with Cisse or as yet to be recruited centre forward?

• hitman

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:58 AM

do these new signings get handed a script,there all saying the same things.lol..good signing tho

• Novocastrian66

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Ed will have to come home more often, given the amount of players we have signed while he has been back in England.

• the truth will out

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:02 AM

he should have stayed longer as its no where near enough

• ash1001

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Ed, did you pop in to St James to see Lee Charnley while you were in town, but you missed him because he was out doing the ‘leg work’.

BT Sport are showing NUFC v Sydney on Tuesday 8;30 am

• dannitoon

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Back to the US? Why is he not in pre season…. its only 4 weeks away….

• Wandering Geordie

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:05 AM

This scenario reminds me of when Andy Cole signed for us all those years ago and all the doubters said Andy who?…..He went on to be a prolific striker….So to all the moaners out there give the lad a chance

• the truth will out

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:08 AM

the “moaners “have every right to moan about player recruitment they are just not bringing enough quality players in

• banjax

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:09 AM

It is important we get Janmaat through the door officially he looks a better replacement than Debuchy followed by more quality signings.

• ethiotoon

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:10 AM

Dr Ed..
    Janmaat signing has sth to do with debuchy signinig,we may get someone as part of the deal.
    All will sort out today though.
    Jail for Ashley
    I am still AP fan.happy with the way he manages our clubs.he may have some attitude defects but that is natural.no one is perfect.he is like someone who delivers his promise. and I am sure he will make us singing over the moon

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:11 AM

WG,
    If there are people on twitter or other sites moaning about this lad go on there and tell people to stop moaning, the general consensus on here is that no one knows much about him and are waiting to see what happens.

• the truth will out

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:11 AM

eithio give yer heed a shake

• the truth will out

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:13 AM

wandering big difference keegan bought him told him to play with passion cost a lot less too

• welshgeordie9

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:15 AM

moan moan bloody moan give it a rest

ffs

• Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Actually do you guys know anyone in London who could tell us about the press con unveiling Debuchy today like what time?

• Wandering Geordie

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Time will tell eh?

• WestOzMag

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I still cant believe there is Pardwho lovers out there. Dear me!!

• Blofal

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:27 AM

I wonder what is happening with the Debuchy – Janmaat transfer business.

Neither club has announced so something is holding it all up. I am paranoid about this since the original Loic Remy deal fell through. I really want Janmaat in our side. He is a good player!

• ethiotoon

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:27 AM

AP! AP! AP! AP! AP!

• G

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I don’t thjnk he’s going to be a prolific striker for us, but I will be over the moon if he makes me eat my words.

• BandB

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Beattie,

You must have been pleased with how things went last night.
    Having plainly stated in advance that the purpose of your latest incarnation on the blog was to make up the wildest transfer rumours based on the flimsiest possible “evidence”, you then do just that.

And are taken perfectly seriously.

You must feel vindicated in opinions that made you leave the blog in the first place.

• cestriasteve

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:35 AM

SLANK,

I reckon he will be our lone striker up front de Jong behind him and Cabella on the wing.

• firebug666

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Here is what Oliver Bernard has to say about our new signing Riviere. It’s a good positive read.

• Harley

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I’ve not a clue who this guy us but I hope he comes good.
    Newcastle is a good club for strikers.
    Shearer, Ferdinand, cole, Ba, Bellamy, Tino, Carroll. They all arguably played their best football at Newcastle.
    If a striker is decent they seem to improve when playing up front for us.

I’ll not mention the ones that failed though as that disproves my post:)

• Lew Davies

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:39 AM

WestOzMag – you wont find any players that don’t like Parsnip tho. They all say he is a very good manager and tactician.
    It must just be you :lol;
    I agree we still need more quality back up into the squad.
    Particularly at CB and Striker
    This is Percy’s last chance season. He quite literally has to get us playing with some attacking flair and also get the points on the board.
    He has no more excuses left in his little note book.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:39 AM

BandB,
    What you saying like, was that not PEA like ?

• croftus5678

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:39 AM

well…if river can get 15 goals a season then he will be a great signing so heres hoping.

————krull————-
    —-colo——–willo——-
    jan———————hair
    —–tiote–colb———–
    siss—————–cabe
    ———siem————-
    ———river————-

knowing pards the team will be more defensive than offensive and seeing as river cabella and sissoko are fast counter players i cant see us going all out attack against teams.

• firebug666

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Can’t wait for Remy Cabella to strut his stuff:

Newcastle’s new signing Remy Cabella has said that his mouth was watering when enjoying a stroll inside St.James’ Park.

The French playmaker then revealing that he went up into the stands to, “….appreciate better the magnitude of this stage.”

• BandB

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Jail,

I hate lol.
    But lol.
    It’s a great little game to amuse himself though.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Lew,
    If we’ve got thirty points before/at Christmas, the silver brown tongued lothario isn’t going anywhere.

• Grazy Cavan

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:42 AM

AP! AP! AP! THE MAN! GENIUS!

• ethiotoon

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Why r u all worried about janmaat and what happened on debuchy?
    Debuchy is in recovery post WC,probably may land in London today or tomorrow.
    As for janmaat,he’ s holding our shirt with AP oofficially,no need to panic.
    He was sent to Holland for recovery too.
    As for reviere,good finisher like Lambert I can say..but with pace and hunger
    As who will come next, I don’t know but probably we end up with danny ings or
    Joel Campbell,
    But hope we won’t

• BandB

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Eth,

The newly-appeared Grazy doesn’t, by any chance have the same sticky keyboard as you, does he?

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:46 AM

BandB,
    It amused me too tbh, I haven’t really got a mate in the feds who specialises in forehead recognition.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:47 AM

We know BandB (we all know)

…winks and any other sign isn’t your thing either!

Where do you stand on question marks and exclamation marks…what about quotation marks (felt a wink coming on there, but better refrain with the current crowd on here)

• BandB

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Jail,

Now THAT! I did fall for.
    You rotten……….

• Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:49 AM

not worrying about Janmaat but I just wanna see what we get from
    Debuchy‘s sale

• firebug666

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Looks like Marveaux is going back to France.

Get French Football News can confirm Foot Mercato reports from yesterday that Montpellier have lodged a loan bid for Newcastle United midfielder Sylvain Marveaux.

The player is considered surplus to requirements at the Premier League club, and the initial negotiations have been positive for Montpellier.

• cestriasteve

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Croftus,

I’d say you have the formation bang on there.

• BandB

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:50 AM

jesper,

I don’t dislike your winks. I think they help everyone to understand what you are on about, and therefore, represent the most useful parts of your posts.

1 2 3 19