The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Riviere – I’m So Happy My Dream Is Alive At Newcastle

7:13 am, Thursday, July 17th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

As you would have expected, Emmanuel Riviere has been giving a lot of interviews after he was revealed as Newcastle’s 5th signing of the summer last night at around 6:00 pm local time, and as luck would have it I was tied up down here at Heathrow Airport – and will fly back to the US in three hours time.

Emmanuel Rivière Newcastle United

Emmanuel Riviere – Newcastle United striker

One of those interviews is carried in the Chronicle this morning by Lee Ryder, and Emmanuel has said he came to Newcastle for the fans and the people of Newcastle.

This is what the 24 year-old said:

“I’ve watched a lot of matches on TV with Newcastle.” “And I come here for the fans and for the people.” “It’s a big team.” “I want to play with amazing people.”

“My dream has come in the Premier League and it is now reality.” “I am so happy my dream is alive.” “Now I work hard for the Premier League.”

The news was that his real goal was to play for Arsenal, but that was not to be – but he certainly seems absolutely delighted to be at Newcastle United,  and hopefully he can score a good few goals for us in the future.

He seems like an emotional lad, and the Geordie crowd will be able to  lift him to become a much better player in the future.

Written while on vacation in Heathrow, England.

Below are our social media sites:

Tags: Coaching · Emmanuel Riviere · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 geordie@bergen_norway // Jul 17, 2014 at 7:19 AM

I’v tried to pick a starting XI, but I have no idea how who to pick. I guess that’s a good sign? :)
    Think I’ll need to watch some games first.

• 2 ethiotoon // Jul 17, 2014 at 7:23 AM

The new season will be huge season for AP bcoz he has to deliver good results at the right.otherwise no one will give him second Chance again.I am AP fan by the way but he has to deliver.
    No Pressure on milky though atleast

• 3 Santon03 // Jul 17, 2014 at 7:23 AM

pardew, you better not mess it up this season!

• 4 ethiotoon // Jul 17, 2014 at 7:27 AM

geordie@bergen_norway
    I guess I need to watch too,ha ha
    Delighted though how things going so far.
    One more striker and that’d do it.
    We r ready to rumble

• 5 WestOzMag // Jul 17, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Hi All, New to this blog but am an avid reader of it. Thought i’d sign up given the fact that we might have a good season with these early signings at present.

• 6 geordie@bergen_norway // Jul 17, 2014 at 7:36 AM

I hope we sign a CB as well. Colo is over the top and I expect him to be a bit unstabile in performances.

• 7 ethiotoon // Jul 17, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Janmaat’s official signing has something to do with Debuchy signing,I guess…
    Looks like we may get Joel or jenkinson on loan as part of the deal.and they are in thinking whether to do that or pay the cash upfront.
    We are in very good mood fans

• 8 Jail for Ashley // Jul 17, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Lil,
    I’m in full agreement there that we need another three in to honestly say the squad has improved, a striker goes without saying, definitely a commanding CB WITH PL experience and I think they have to bite the bullet with Marv and Obertan and bring somebody in who can do a job regardless if we can’t shift them or not, progress shouldn’t suffer because of a couple of bad decisions.
    ethitoon,
    Did you just get out of prison or something ?

• 9 WestOzMag // Jul 17, 2014 at 7:40 AM

@Ethiotoon I’d take Joel as well as bid for Benteke. Im still worried about the defence. Colo is getting slower and suspect, Taylor is pants and Willo im not confident about at all. MYM never got a fair chance at his natural position. Would like to ship out Taylor and Willo imo, keep the other 2 and get 2 more cb’s in.

• 10 Tig // Jul 17, 2014 at 7:58 AM

personally i think this is an excellent signing and i think with his pace he will be great, especially with SDJ behind him. One more striker (i think Benteke would be perfect) and a strong, pacey CB to partner with yanga if he doesnt leave.

• 11 dannitoon // Jul 17, 2014 at 8:00 AM

If we were to get benteke and davies I’d be very very happy.. At the minute we’ve only just replace those we’ve sold or released…

Remy,De jong,cabaye,debuchy, gosling and those 3 reserves players

• 12 Tig // Jul 17, 2014 at 8:18 AM

dannitoon i agree on benteke i believe he has proven himself in the EPL, he has pace, aerial ability, strong and he has a good shot. But we would have to fight liverpool and spurs to get davies and they are talking around a £10m fee so it doesnt look possible.

previous post: Pardew Delighted With Signing Quick, Hungry Striker