Daryl Janmaat – Newcastle Is A Fantastic Club

I’ve only just arrived back home in Raleigh from London – the plane was over three hours late – and I see we have finally signed Daryl Janmaat from Feyenoord – and that’s our sixth good signing this summer – fantastic.

DARYL JANMAAT NEWCASTLE

Daryl Janmaat – Newcastle’s 6th signing this summer

The 24-year-old right-back was in Newcastle earlier this week and returned to Holland,  but the signing has just been announced, after the club announced the signing of striker Emmanuel Riviere from Monaco last night.

Daryl made 100 appearances with 8 goals for Heerenveen before he moved to Feyenoord two years ago, and he played 74 games with 5 goals for Feyenoord, the club he joined as a youngster – before moving to Heerenveen.

This is what Janmaat said after his signing:

“Newcastle is a fantastic club, with a big history and a great stadium. I have also been told all about how great the fans are.¨

“This is the perfect move for me, and I am really looking forward to being with the team and getting started here at Newcastle.¨ “I think we are going to have a great season.”

The Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said:

“We are delighted to bring Daryl to the Club.” “He is the perfect example of a modern full-back; someone who is good defensively but offers a real threat going forward as well.¨

“Daryl had an excellent World Cup and we are looking forward to him continuing that form for Newcastle.”

The fee is said to be around £5M for Janmaat, who Manchester United were also interested in signing,  and he is the third signing announced by Newcastle since last Sunday, when the club announced the signing of Remy Cabella.

And this is the best summer transfer window we have had since we signed Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba, Sylvain Marveaux and Davide Santon in the summer of 2011, but at that time we failed to sign a striker.

And while we have six good players through the door, we still need a couple of strikers brought in – but Newcastle have done very well indeed so far this summer.

Let’s give credit where credit is due. 😀

What do you think?

Below are our social media sites:

• thaitoon

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:34 AM

hope you enjoyed your vacation in the UK ED and it seems good times are about to start again looking forward to the new season now we’ve finally started to get a few quality players in HWTL

• yorkshire_magpie

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Really pleased with the signings we’ve made so far. I still think we should go for grenier…. but the question can we afford the asking price?

• Sliema

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM

I agree Ed. Credit is due.
    I think the replacements are very high quality, I think the focus on attacking players and especially playmakers shows real intent to play an attractive and positive style of play. I’m pleased.

I think we need one striker and one CB. We don’t need 2 more strikers, we have Cisse and Rivière, we don’t want too many or Pards will go back to 4-4-2 the old dinosaur! 3 proper 1st team forwards is enough when we only play one at a time.

Let’s get a £10mil plus CF and a decent CB through the door.

I like Lacazette, he’s overpriced, but he’s quality and I think you’ve got to pay inflated prices for top strikers these days. His goals to games might not be amazing, but he’ll link up brilliantly with the 3 supporting att-mids and between them they’ll be very successful.

PEA would be awesome, but it won’t happen. But, I think Loic could be got. Between us and Quarter Pound of Rubbish, it’s only the London attraction that would sway him. He’s got the rest of his life to live in London, don’t wreck your career playing for a mediocre club just to be in the big smoke for a couple of extra years bud. Not worth it.

I don’t want Grenier. He’s a great player, but we’ve got a strong midfield now and we need to be more shrewd, get a CB in. Dier would be immense, I’d still like Caulker too, anything but starting with Saylor, pleeeeease don’t play the CB Shola!

That’s all. G’night.

• Shaker Shakrah

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:41 AM

yorkshire_magpie

I don’t think 15m euros is too much for him
    I really hope they don’t missed out in him !! 🙁

• Shaker Shakrah

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:41 AM

on*

• usmagpie

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Well Ed welcome back to the US. Maybe you should go on vacation back to the UK around January’s window. It seems we have found the Talisman to get signings we want through the door. Ed on Tour 2014. What I saw about Janmaat when playing for Holland was a good player that likes to get the ball in the box and with Riviere upfront I can see this will be something that will scare the life out of teams in the prem.

• yorkshire_magpie

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Well of course we can afford him but will Cashley get the dough out for him?! Still think we need one quality striker and one CB.

• thaitoon

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:49 AM

yes ed go on vacation more often its been a very busy week for transfer action and hopefully a world class striker and CB will appease the geordie faithful.

• Charlietoon

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:50 AM

We need to get selling. Get rid of Obertan and Marv. Last thing we want is the Frenchies that did not make the cut hanging around a souring things up. I think it is also time to say goodbye to hatem.

• NYMAG

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Another positive step forward for the club. Polar opposite to how I was feeling at the beginning of last season. Although Grenier would be great I think we are better spending the money on a proven goal scorer. I read we made our move for Grenier but maybe we couldn’t afford the fee or the player wasn’t interested, I can’t see how we would fit him, Cabella, Dejong, Tiote, Sissoko in the same side. Will be interesting to see what system Pards plays next season. Maybe Tiote and sissoko in the middle, Cabella on the right with DeJong just behind the striker and Gouffran on the left?

I’d love to see us out in a serious bid for a Lukaku, he doesn’t have a future at Chelsea and nobody has moved for him. That would be a statement of intent.