Janmaat Talks About Newcastle Future And European Football

Although Newcastle will not come out and say it officially, we are pretty sure the stretch goal for next season is a top six finish, much like we accomplished two years ago,  when in the preceding summer we brought in players like Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba and Davide Santon.

daryl janmaat st james park pitch

Daryl Janmaat – European football a target

And Daryl Janmaat has shown his English is quite good in his recent nufcTV interview, and he is certainly looking for Newcastle to do well in the comings season(s).

This is what he has said today about his Newcastle future:

“I hope I bring what I did at Feyenoord to Newcastle,” “I am a defender but I like to go up and get in crosses so I’m more than a right-back.”

“I’m just really looking forward to playing in front of the Newcastle fans. The fans are similar to the Feyenoord fans. I like those. It excites me to have come to the Premier League, of course. It’s one of the best in Europe and everyone wants to play in it.”

“Firstly my aim is to play as much as possible and then maybe European football can be a target in the future. That would be fantastic. I could have stayed at Feyenoord, but Newcastle is much bigger. Feyenoord are a big club but the Dutch League is not as big as the Premier League.”

“The World Cup was a big experience for me.” “We did very well and did a great job. Nobody expected us to do so well. It was amazing, not only the football but the whole country.”

“To hold it in Brazil was fantastic. I am a little bit tired, it was a great experience. To beat Spain 5-1 was a special moment. ” I can go on vacation for a week and then I start training.”

“We have already seen a house we like, my wife has found one already.”

That’s important they have found a house, so Daryl and his wife can settle down quickly in Newcastle.

And from what we’ve seen of Daryl at the World Cup, he shouldn’t take too long to get to the same level as Mathieu Debuchy achieved in his short 18 months on Tyneside – and the Dutch International seems to be an excellent replacement for the French International.

Things are certainly looking up for Newcastle these days,  but we still need around four new players to make this an excellent summer transfer window.

How about two strikers, a center-back and a central midfield play-maker?

Who do you think we still need to add to the six good players already on board?

Below are our three social media sites:

• Markaccus

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Ethiotoon

You are expecting us to play with a false nine and two wide forwards, with two attacking mfs behind. YOU are expecting us to play like Barca, which is the original point i made. ALAN PARDEW IS A DEFENSIVE MANAGER. HE DOES NOT ATTACK. HE NEVER WILL.

• jayphoto

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Markaccus – completely agree! Bedt we can hope for is 4-2-3-1 going into 4-3-3 when we’re 1 or 2 down in last 20 minutes!
    Also may go with the odd forray into 4-4-2 if he gets to bring in a target man!

• toonicle

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Our goals with what’s left of the window should be a young, strong CB that has the potential to captain the side in a couple years after Colo leaves, I thought this was going to by MYM but apparently Pards doesn’t fancy him, and getting Hernandez from ManU. He would be great to lead our line with SDJ and Cabella playing behind him. 4-2-3-1 should be our preferred formation for next year.

• pawl250

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Ethio

Think you are totally wrong mate.

Grenier is a great player and I also want him at the club. However as this is hypothetical anyway I would prefer a striker if I had the choice to buy him or a striker.

I do think Siem can play upfront but only as a stand in, he would never be or could fill in as a main striker for a season.

I think you will find we have a decent enough midfield that we do not need to spend millions on another addition especially if it meant we get no further additions beyond it where it actually mattered.

A striker and a centre back in defence are needed now.

Grenier would not score or stop opposition scoring 10 goals a season. A defender and a half decent striker could.

And we have creativity in heaps at the moment, Grenier is an awesome player no doubt.

Your argument is he may assist 10 more goals, but if you do not have the same half decent striker I am on about to put the ball in the net then that creativeness is a complete waste.

• pawl250

Jul 18, 2014 at 7:59 PM

4-3-3

————— Krul
    Janmaat – Mbiwa – Coloccini – Santon
    —- Sissoko – De Jong – Tiote
    Cabella —– Riviere — Gouffran

4-2-3-1

————— Krul
    Janmaat – Mbiwa – Coloccini – Santon
    ——– Sissoko – Tiote
    Cabella —- De Jong —— Gouffran
    ———— Riviere

Regardless I think we need a better striker.

• tequilamag

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Hernandez is a poacher rather than a number 9. It is not playing to his strengths to expect him to lead the line. We already have De Jong Cabella and Riviere who can play the no 10 role. We need a Lukaku Benteke type forward.
    Agreed on the need to get a new CH though. I would listen to offers for any of the current bumch

• Bambams

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I have always been concerned about Pards. So many split opinions about our manager and I am not just basing this on this blog but my work place also.
    What I do believe is we have signed some good footballers, pards must of had some input. No hiding this year Alan.
    Only defence he will have is if we do not sign a proven striker…” We tried to get the final part of the jigsaw but could not get the player over the line. He would of made the difference but unfortunately thats history. We have our targets for next year”…..

• ethiotoon

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Ha ha..ED it seems like u r asking too much.we r very lucky to get one more from now on.I don’t think there are signings unless there are departures.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:01 PM

I’m impressed with Lee Charnley. He’s not just getting good players in, he’s getting them at low prices. Colback, Janmaat, and De Jong are all worth more than we paid. He’s got all these players in for the same amount as we got for Cabaye & Debuchy. (Although the wages must have gone up by good few million per year.)

This team could push for the top 4 if we had a top manager. One that could get Cisse, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, and Mbiwa playing again.

• ToonTiger

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Grenier, Cb, striker & Carroll (I think there may be and always has been a gentlemens agreement for him to eventually come back – but if he doesn’t he doesn’t its not the end of the world)

• Bambams

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:03 PM

We must still have tens of millions left…..

Come on ash dont waste this chance…

Grenier…..

jan–colo–will–sant
    siss–tiot–colb–cab
    ——–siem————
    ——–river————

• pawl250

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Hernandez is great at leading the line.

He is a great finisher.

Would love him leading the line.

I don’t think we have millions of cash left. I think it will be put away for January, and if am honest I would imagine we are either done with our business or need one more player.

Hernandez would be my choice with the view to add a centre back in January.

I would not bother with Lacazette now we have committed to Riviere. Very similar and not a scorer of goals.

Benteke and Lukaku would not come to Newcastle, period.

Nor would Aubameyang.

• ethiotoon

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:10 PM

pawl250
    Let’s see what will happen.but my conclusion is still the same,we don’t need a striker if we sign Grenier.

• Mr Funk

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:10 PM

@ tequilamag

accident / mistake maybe the same thing.

My point is that in all other cases of a civilian plane being shoot down by military, it has been explained as a mistake / accident by the perpetrating nation – this includes the USA, who now look quite the hypocrites.

Mr Funk they almost certainly were mistaken and thought it was a military plane but I would draw the distinction on calling it an accident. It was a deliberate act, saying it was down to poorly trained militia just protects the people who give them their orders.

• jazzyp

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Im not surprised Benny was fined looking like this. there supposed to be supreme athletes…Not an extra off the tele tubbies

• Bambams

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Pawl250
    You are probably spot on fella but we must still have coin left taking into account the TV monies and season ticket….

We appear to just be spending player sales profits…..imo

• pawl250

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Ethio

What’s the point having chances if you have a donkey that is receiving them?

You need a goalscorer to score goals. Cisse is no where near form and Riviere has never started a form to be proud of mentioning looking at his record.

We need goals. It’s been a problem last season, we had Carroll, then Ba then Cisse then Ba, then Remy.

We do not have a goalscorer. Period. Without goals you cannot win games.

• tequilamag

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Hernadez is a great finisher but he is too lightweight to hold the ball up. I can’t remember Man u ever playing him in the no 9 role. He usually plays off RVP or Wellbeck.

• jazzyp

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM

What a cracking idea for the first home match of the season . I for one will be dressing for the occasion To mark my respect for 2 of our loyalist fans.

May you rest in peace lads as you wont be forgotten for your love and loyalty to Nufc. A sad day for us as we have lost 2 of our family to a senseless war

• ethiotoon

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:21 PM

We all need to thank club boards to get us all those players by the way..
    We r very lucky and excited no doubt.
    I don’t think many will complain much,esp
    If we add one more player.
    If there is anyone who is not happy with this window and the business that carried,
    He will never be happy again.
    So shut ur mouth,sit down & applause
    the boards..

• pawl250

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Bambams

We get 20m for Cabaye
    We get 12m for Debuchy
    32m providing we got it all upfront

We bought (approx don’t know actual amounts)
    Siem 7m
    Perez 1.5m
    Janmaat 6m
    Cabella 11m
    Colback Free
    Riviere 6.5m

32m

But we don’t not include agent fees, signing on fees, especially for Colback.

This isn’t Like Fm when you pay a transfer fee and that is it. Alot more to real life. I hope we can get another striker which would mean in excess of 40m-45m with abit in the bank for a rainy day in January.

• tequilamag

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Mr Funk, I think everyone knows the US are hardly blameless when it comes to double standards. Just saying the US have done it in the past does not mitigate the role of Russia who are pulling the strings of those responsible for shooting down this plane.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Jazzyp…I am going to defend anyone here or start af debate, but Benny came back 1,5 kg over his target. You can basically loose that in liquid rather quickly.

…even back in training you would loose that just like that. This is bigger than this and it is looking like some kind of harassment!

Of course Benny is not blameless, but there is a pattern here when it comes to Purdue. I honestly think he is disgusting ! What a slimy piece of shit he is.

• pawl250

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Tequila

And who did he play behind in Mexico national team?

And am sure he is not a no.10 striker he very much leads the line with players behind him.

Sturridge is lightweight have you seen his goal record?

You do not need strength alone to play upfront. Michael Owen did not bully strikers with strength he bullied them other ways…..

It would also add incentive to stop hoof ball!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:24 PM

*forgot the word “not” there 😉

• Mr Funk

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:25 PM

@ tequilamag

You are correct it doesn’t mitigate the role of russia but shouldn’t every crime be treated the same.

• toonicle

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Pawl- Good points, and don’t forget Ashley, like him or not, continues to upgrade stuff at SJP as well as totally revamping the training grounds into what’s supposed to be one of the best in Europe. Not cheap!

• pawl250

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Jesper

Ben Arfa is trouble. As I said before my mates friends with likes of Streete and the general opinion around the dressing room is he his a TW@

He comes across like that wherever he has been, it’s not all Pardew. Ben Arfa is a difficult personality to deal with.

It’s clear as day why he is omitted from French squads, and why he does not have many clubs chasing him. If he was such an amazing player he would have teams sniffing….

Team in Ukraine hardly screams wanted man.

He’s an idiot and for me has to go. He is a liability as far as I am concerned, not only on the pitch but off it aswell.

I rather have Barton over him.

• tequilamag

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Pawl, can.t remember him getting a start in the world cup. Peralta played against Croatia

• Bambams

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Pawl250
    I hear you fella and again spot on re balance sheet.

My point is the alleged £79 million tv coin has not been touched.

I dont expect us to go into debt but we have a little momentum and why not just dip into the housekeeping for maybe £20 mill for a proven striker…..

I may be miles off …. Just sick of us struggling to score goals fella.

cheers for the craic

• jazzyp

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Jesper
    And good evening to you sir.
    that was straight to the point mate wasn’t it. Jesper my debate on benny is this….he knew the situation last season and how precarious his status at the club is. Other players in the same position came back early to put that extra effort in to try and persuade the club that they still have a future at the club.
    Whether it was a 1kg or 5 kg, he is the only player of note that came back out of shape and therefore has not done himself no favours

• Average_Contents

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Newcastle United squad in full for tour to NZ

Rolando Aarons, Mehdi Abeid , Jak Alnwick, Sammy Ameobi , Vurnon Anita , Adam Armstrong , Adam Campbell, Jack Colback, Fabricio Coloccini , Siem de Jong, Paul Dummett , Rob Elliot , Yoan Gouffran , Massadio Haidara , Ayoze Perez, Emmanuel Riviere, Lubo Satka, Ryan Taylor , Steven Taylor , Cheick Tiote (travelling later), Haris Vuckic , Mike Williamson , Freddie Woodman, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

• ethiotoon

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:33 PM

pawl250
    What’s wrong with u pawl.seems like u just saying go out and pick a striker for us just like shopping.
    The point is there is no one to pick that suits nufc.its not easy to get.I do believe we need one more skr, but the skrs u want to have r not in the boards plans.
    I will be happy with what we got so far..

• pawl250

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Wonder why Bigi is not in Nz squad.

Out of the youngsters think he is the most promising.

• tequilamag

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Mr Funk, yes all crimes should be treated the same. Bt a crime is not an accident

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Pawl…this is not just about Benny as I wrote mate.

…what player of ours who haven’t played well last season or played that much at all is sort after?

It is not like clubs are standing in line to hire Pardue or that fans from his former clubs speak highly of him (that Montpellier chairman doesn’t seem to like him either)

• pawl250

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Tequila

This world cup aye,

What about the past and his record in the past shows he is a machine.

I mean he was on the pitch for Mexico for about 20 mins and managed to do the business.

Top notch. Telling you, if you like Sturridge he is very similar in the mold he will take a shot when he gets the chance.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Jazzyp…evening to you to mate 🙂 that was straight to the point wasn’t it! lol

…sorry about that mate – that was a bit rude of me!

This for me is borderline to harassment to me! I kind of hope he just stick it to the slimy piece of s*%& he is;

Hope others who feel wronged by him will do the same 🙂

• tequilamag

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Pawl, I really like Hernandez and think he is under used at Man U and yes he is an excellent finisher but he is not and never will be a player capable of playing the lead attacker role. It does not play to his strengths as a footballer. He would be excellent in the role Siem wants to play, but we have Cabella and Riviere who can also play in that role.I would have happily taken Hernandez instead of one of those players but the deals are done. He is not what we need.