The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle French Winger Leaves Club On Loan

3:47 pm, Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 120 Comments

The French Daily L’Equipe is reporting that Newcastle winger Sylvain Marveaux will move to Guingamp on a season long loan deal for next season, as he now seems an unwanted player at Newcastle.

Sylvain Marveaux West+Ham

Sylvain Marveaux – joining Guingamp on loan

Guingamp only just voided relegation from Ligue 1 last season, and finished in 16th place, but only 2 points above Sochaux in 18th place – who were relegated.

For some reason Marveaux didn’t see much playing time at all last season, and he appeared only 11 times, and that  compared to the 36 appearances he made in the previous seasons, but it now seems that his career at Newcastle is over.

In three seasons on Tyneside he played 57 games with two goals and 10 assists.

For whatever reason Sylvain didn’t make it at Newcastle, and some would say he hasn’t been given enough chances to show the undoubted talents he possesses.

Sylvain was signed as a free agent from Rennes in June of 2011.

Sylvain will not be the only winger moving elsewhere in the summer,  and we expect Ben Arfa, Gabby Obertan and Shane Ferguson to also leave the club – either permanently or on loan by the end of August.

Below are our three social media sites:

Tags: Hatem Ben Arfa · Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Sylvain Marveaux · Transfer News and Rumours

120 responses so far ↓

• 1 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I hope he gets his career back on track as he has no future here Im afraid. Never got going in any season he was here and im afraid never proved his worth.
    He came on a free let him leave on a free

• 2 giimps // Jul 22, 2014 at 3:57 PM

leave on a free…….hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• 3 swemag // Jul 22, 2014 at 3:58 PM

He had some quality games some years ago. That was that.

• 4 gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club) // Jul 22, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Don’t understand what people’s problem with Shelvey is? He’s a very good genuine midfielder.
    I really do think that if he was foreign people would rate him a lot higher.

• 5 ethiotoon // Jul 22, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Marveaux look superb in his first season
    Last season he was awful and dreadful,
    It would be nice if he get back to his best
    But it does’not look like that I’m afraid.
    So he should move on..
    He had twin brother by the way who plays
    For Montpellier.

• 6 Markaccus // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Marveaux has never been, at any point in his nufc career “superb”. He had a season where he had lots of assists, but i believe the stats showed that he also cost us more goals than he created through losing the ball im one way or another. Never good enough imo.

• 7 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Ethio
    from previous post

I don’t see us spending that much more money in Midfield mate when we have added 3 first team players already.
    The money would be best spent elsewhere where it is much needed

• 8 Mr Magpie // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:04 PM

I think if we are going spend any more it would be as others have said spent in better places but either way if Swansea want 8-10 million for shelvey & Lyon want 8-10 million for Grenier i would be off to France!!!!

• 9 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Markaccus
    Totally agree mate. I hope Gutti-Obershocker now follow him quickly out the door

• 10 santonthenewmaldini // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Watched the game this morning and was quite impressed with the way the team was set up the thing that we have been lacking for years is width (apart from when Sissoko plays on the wing Arfa is a waste on the right wing as he is too greedy would be more effective on the left )

Having 2 players not cutting in on their strong foot makes a difference Gouffran looked good on the right wing and Aarons looks like he would be a useful sub both can cross the ball and are very direct the wide men should be providing for strikers and midfielders not hitting shots !!

Not sure we need Shelvey although he would be a good addition , Grenier does not want to come to us and Townsend is very greedy on the ball and injury prone !!

We need a striker, a center back and then we can look at other midfielders !!!!

• 11 ethiotoon // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Lilo
    Make it clear for me please..
    Monaco sold James Rodriguez to RM for
    £60m.how much James will get from the
    £60m?how much his agent will get and how much his club Monaco will get,I mean
    Net income from sale?

• 12 Graeme // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Caulker has failed his medical according to SSN!!!

• 13 santonthenewmaldini // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:14 PM

@Graeme

We will defo sign him then !!! We love an injury discount!!!

• 14 belgrade fan // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Isnt Gutti contract determinated??? can somebody confirm. very good getting rid of Marv, Newton, Amalfitano etc

• 15 ethiotoon // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Mr Magpie
    Makes perfect sense..

• 16 piers18 // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I guess Pardew must like Aarons….

We’ve needed a good LW for ages!

Are pigs flying?! Can it be!

• 17 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Belgrade
    I heard the same mate but didn’t know if it was just rumour. I hope it to be true as that’s another 60k a week towards a new players wage structure

• 18 tequilamag // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I contacted BT sport to complain about their decision to show adverts during the minutes silence for John Alder and Liam Sweeney this was the response

Firstly, we would like to offer our most sincere apologies for any distress caused, that certainly wasn’t our intention.

This was an editorial error and we showed the minute silence in full at the end of the live broadcast as well as online. Any future repeats of this match will also show the moment in its entirety.

We appreciate that this response will not diminish the distress caused.

On behalf of all the team at BT Sport, we would like to offer our deepest sympathies to the families who have lost loved ones.

Best wishes,

This was my reply to them.
    I find the apology hollow. a more fitting response would have been an apology on the BT sport website coupled with a generous donation to the fund which was set up by the Sunderland supporters.

• 19 Average_Contents // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Jazzyp

I didn’t see the game so I can’t comment but like I said hopefully his heads in the right place now and performs to near his best because on his day he is a quality player. It’s just a shame his legs a going!

On shelvey

Don’t get me wrong I think jonjo’s a decent player but it’s his petulance and arrogant demeanour that worries me if he came here and for £10-12m I’d rather we tried for grenier tbh

• 20 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:26 PM

What are the chances rodolfo aarons will be shooed in the first 11 for this season?.
    He has been superb. Does pardew have the guts?

• 21 Average_Contents // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Tequila

I tip my hat to you sir!

They shouldn’t even be in existence mate, shoddy broadcaster with shite commentary and owens a massive twat to boot ;-)

• 22 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Louis Nicollin, Montpellier President: “Montpellier sign Sylvain Marveaux? To play in the reserves or what??” #MHSC #NUFC

Full on Tosser this guy. Im amazed we got the Cabella deal done

• 23 Average_Contents // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Surprised too Jazzyp but good on the club for negotiating with him lol

• 24 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM

I thought Guti had left already?

We just to get rid of Obertoon now! Ferg is probably surplus to requirement as well.

• 25 Average_Contents // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:31 PM

I hope marv rips them a new one when they play each other it’d be funny aa fcuk

• 26 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Jazzyp..I am pretty sure that guy smokes something you can only get in Amsterdam ;) lol

• 27 tequilamag // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:31 PM

AC,f##cks me right off, all about the money, squeeze in 5 adverts and some other BS promoting their own service.

• 28 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Marv just need to stay free of injury…in my book he really deserve that. Good luck Marv.

• 29 Average_Contents // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Jesper

Nothing confirmed on guti just rumours at the moment mate

Its kinda telling though that no fcuker has seen or heard from him since he went to Norwich, no pictures at pre-season, no statements so here’s hoping coz his legs are shot to shit

• 30 tequilamag // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Jesp, you have led a sheltered life if you think Amsterdam is the only place to get good weed. The UK is now self-sufficient thanks to the ultra violet pirates

• 31 Average_Contents // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Tequila

All about the money nowadays mate unfortunately

Ask fatty ;-)

• 32 Average_Contents // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:39 PM

To be fair to Jesper the weed in the dam is far superior to anything over here although I haven’t had it on a while my mates are regular visitors lol

• 33 piers18 // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM

I hope so ilovetoon8788….I hope he forces a log jam up front!

And It’s always useful to have a natural left wing, left footed player. It makes things on attack a lot easier. They can play on both the right and left…a lot of them are taught to cut in like Robben and Silva! Its hard to defend a left footed cross from the left wing…

And plus this eases my worry as Cabella as only played 9% of his professional career out on LW.

• 34 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:47 PM

AC…thanks for sharing mate. Had just heard rumors he had been released.

*According to tequila the good stuff can also be bought at your local pusher in the UK!

• 35 Mister Tuff // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Khat chompers……………………………….OOT
    Weed smokers……………………………….OOT
    Idiots……………………………………………..OOT

• 36 DokToon // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM

tuff… in???

• 37 tequilamag // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Pusher? haha weed is non addictive and has been used by many cultures for 1000s of years. The idea that seedy people are hanging around trying to “push” weed is laughable in the extreme.
    That particular term would be better suited to tobacco companies who cause countless deaths every year

• 38 Spoof // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Thank god he has gone, what a waste of a wage he has been from the day he signed, hopefully when the injuries come along as they undoubtedly will it may be young Rolando Aarons who is given a chance as he has shown today that he can put a good cross in, and I mean a good cross hit into a good area with some pace on the ball which is hard to defend and not a lofted hit and hope ball which is easy meat for most keepers.

• 39 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Tequila…I am sorry but the way you buy weed here in Denmark – fx at Christiania is through a pusher!

…cigarettes and alcohol you buy ay your local supermarket!

We are silly us Danes I know ;) whether weed and its kind should be legal is a whole different discussion.

• 40 tequilamag // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Muff Sitters, in or out .Who cares

• 41 Mister Tuff // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM

The majority of folk who smoke weed do not get “addicted” there is however a few folk who do. Using the term addicted can mean numerous things and in this context a definition of exactly what is meant by addiction is helpful.

• 42 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Jesper starting a debate on drugs…. We must be bored lol

Ac
    I think ya let a naughty little secret out there mate did you not???.
    My mates blah blah, yeah right o pal. That old chestnut lol

• 43 Mr Magpie // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Well thats another one gone….next please!!!!!!

I am thinking/hoping the plan now is while we are out on tour in New Zealand get a few of the players who are not wanted off the wage bill then have another few signings in before the window closes.

• 44 Tsunki // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Shame about Marveaux perhaps he was too crocked to fix properly when we got him. Anyway, Au Revoir, Sylvain et merci pour er… er….

Don’t like the new alleged top, looks like it should be worn by some obscure order of monks who have lapsed into dealing with the dark one.

And kids – don’t do drugs!

• 45 Ian Toon // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:35 PM

18tequilamag // Jul 22, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Fully agree. Good for you mate.

• 46 Tsunki // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Think that’s covered most bases….

• 47 santonthenewmaldini // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Also bye Marveux your assists kept us up 2 seasons ago but with a combination of injuries , Pardew and your own effort on the pitch its best for him to leave on loan

Its a chance to prove to people that he is good if he storms it in France we may get a transfer fee for him next season

• 48 tequilamag // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Ian, cheers mate, let.s see if I can shame them into coughing up some cash.

• 49 ethiotoon // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Marveaux out means benarfa should stay
    Unless we land the likes of Townsend or zaha.
    The nu officials definitely will go out to the market looking for possible replacement.
    But I don’t think that is a concern now.
    The concern must be a top hitman.
    We cannot blame the board lately because
    We are short of options.

• 50 Belfast // Jul 22, 2014 at 5:56 PM

New top doesn’t look to bad when it’s on somebody Skunki.

It looked awful in that picture that was doing the rounds the other day.

But after further investigation I deem it ok.

• 51 Belfast // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Somebody at bt sports obviously made a mistake Tequila, and have apologised for doing so. That will be the end of it.

Stupid mistake like, but an apology will be the most you get.

• 52 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Jazzyp…I am sorry but I am starting no debate here. My reply was not an invite (but I do tend to find myself at the center of blame more often)

…I do apologies then!

• 53 Belfast // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Signing Isla apparently?

Smells like bullshit to me.

• 54 Belfast // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Jesper please don’t interrupt my trolling session.

• 55 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Mauricio isla in talks with Nufc. Fee 6/7 mill Nufc#Juv

Find this a strange one as we have signed Jamnaat

• 56 swemag // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Several days without a signing now. Getting a bit itchy. Hardly even any speculation.

• 57 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Jesper
    Dont take comments to heart mate. No blame associated bud !!

• 58 Belfast // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Bit late with that exclusive Jazzyp. You snooze you lose.

• 59 Spoof // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:25 PM

I could be wrong but is Isla not predominantly a right sided midfielder who can play as a right back if needs must, if thats the case then why not, he has a good reputation.

• 60 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Newcastle United have reached an agreement with Juventus for the transfer of defender Mauricio Isla – according to reports in Chile.

• 61 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Belfast
    Be a strange signing seeing we’ve signed Janmaat but suppose seeing as he plays RM as well could be cover for when we shuffle ober and Benny out through the back door

• 62 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Belfast…you are always trolling!

• 63 Belfast // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:27 PM

I was king of the exclusives at one point ya know.

Handed the baton over to tads though.

• 64 JamesToon // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Isla can cover Janmaat and also cover on the wings, Santon can be pushed higher up the pitch.

• 65 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Belfast
    Maybe i should have started my trolling earlier eh buddy lol
    Its being reported on alot of media outlets now as well. Even some saying the deal has been agreed by Juve.
    Cant see what the point of this deal would be personally

• 66 Belfast // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Yes it would be a useful signing, but can’t see us paying that type of fee.

• 67 cyprus // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Shelvey? No thanks, despite some good goals and determined performances, slowed down Liverpool, hindered Swansea, check out their slide since his arrival. Good, yes, very good, no.

On the game, I’m sure I watched a different one than many here, which is good, actually :) Because what I watched had no standout performances and the team in grey had weak opposition against them, which donated a couple goals to the guests.

Also, their shirts were probably stolen as the theft tags were still on, you could see the bulge in the back! :)

• 68 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:31 PM

I thought Isla was a DM or a right Wingback?

• 69 Belfast // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Can he play center back ?

• 70 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Isla could cover RM, RB and CM. If we got him, he’s gonna be stepping in wherever needs show up.

• 71 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:33 PM

We’ll couldn’t watch the game this morning, apparently c’mon boss the toon are on isn’t a good enough reason to get the morning off work but luckily found a link for the full match
    Have to say, for an early pre season, very impressive
    Great passing and movement we looked much fitter and faster SDJ is simply a little magician in midfield and will be a huge player for us
    Rivière made some brilliant runs, the only negative us he doesn’t look that confident with his finishing
    MYM featured again, granted out of position, and played very very well really hope he gets a chance to impress at CB
    Colback tbf looked decent as did Perez
    But the highlight was little Arma’s goal, great run, great little cut in and great finish
    All in all a great performance with some big names still to come into the squad
    Oh and the way the manager, the players and fans paid there respects were top class

• 72 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Belfast…anywhere Parpuh likes

• 73 Belfast // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:36 PM

All those Chileans can play anywhere, so I’m probably getting mixed-up, nearly sure I seen him play center back before like.

• 74 Spoof // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Last season for Juve he played 17 league games all of them in midfield with most of then on the right, so he is versatile, could be a very good addition.

• 75 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:36 PM

JT, You don’t expect Pardew would understand that Santon is a winger, right? Santon and Haidara are always the LB.

Actually want to see him play @ RM.

• 76 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:37 PM

but leaves me the question of why we are going for another midfielder/defender at this very moment. Need forward.

• 77 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Slap my face.

• 78 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Has some interesting posts from Juve fans about Isla. Looks a decent player on what they have posted in different positions

• 79 AmeriToon // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Game was great last night, Riviere looked good but i think he might play better with a large partner. Again benteke if fit would be amazing. Really liked how good the combo of haidara and aarons down the left looked, two left footed players on the left flank finally, thanks pardew, it only took you three years. Why has Gutti not been moved to a new team already? does no one want him

• 80 Spoof // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Belfast

at only 5ft 9″ he could well struggle as a centre back

• 81 Belfast // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Bojan going to Stoke lol
    brilliant

• 82 scout // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:50 PM

If isla signs and we get a striker ill dive in the sea

• 83 DokToon // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:51 PM

does anyone have a link to a printable fixture list? d be grateful….

• 84 ethiotoon // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Isla?
    Don’t know him but could be handy…
    But did bojan kirkich ended @ stoke?
    Fulish…

• 85 nightfa11 // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:59 PM

i dont understand this isla link.. the only way i see him signing, if santon is sold..which i wouldnt mind.. hes an ok player, but not much of a defender & there are many players better going forward..so..

just offer mourinho (who rates santon) 10 mio + santon for lukaku & we’re good to go:)

• 86 Spoof // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:03 PM

nightfa11

Jose might like Santon but I doubt that he likes him that much lol

• 87 nightfa11 // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Spoof

:) probably, but hes trying to offload lukaku..& is friends with pardew (i still dont know hows that possible, but ok)..

• 88 Spoof // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:13 PM

nightfa11

if that deal ever happened then it would go down in history as being one of the best deals that we have ever made, Lukaku or Benteke for that matter would be ideal, we could go for a double signing from Villa with Vlaar being the other player, now that would be awesome, however I must wake up from this dream which I am having!!!!!!!!!

• 89 nufc_eire // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:18 PM

If Isla joins we could be looking at a 5-3-2

—————————Krul—————————
    ——–Janmaat—–Coloccini——MYM———
    –Isla—————————————–Santon–
    ————–Sissoko———-Tiote——————
    ————————De Jong————————
    ———-Cabella———————PEA??———

• 90 kilcline // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:21 PM

@Belfast and other smart people

A good window now:
    – Sign Gnarby on a season long loan
    – Sign Richards for £6m
    – Sign Dier for £5m
    – Sign a top striker for £15m + (Benteke, Lukaka, PEA

– Sell MYM for £5-6m
    – Sell Taylor for a mars bar

If Ben Arfa goes i would replace him with Redmond at Norwich.

Then a net outlay of c£15m – 20m after Cabaye and Debuchy money

Get out of our club Ashley.

———————-Krul

Janmaat —-Richards—–Colo ——Hairdara

Gnarby—–Tiote——–SDJ——–Cabella

————-Riverie—–Top Striker

Sissoko in on tough games to make 5 man midfield.

• 91 nightfa11 // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Spoof

true..but looking at our history, our board did make quite a few great deals (carroll & cabaye deals being at the top of the list).. i mean..carroll for 35 mio & cabaye for 4mio ;D thats impressive..amazing really..

• 92 AmeriToon // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:23 PM

@89 nufc_eire
    isla would be great for the squad but that back line would struggle in the air. also don’t know if janmaat has really played that much CB, don’t think he would be that good

• 93 Rotonda heights // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Can Isla bring Vargas and Vidal, (not to mention the Chile coach) with him too!

• 94 AmeriToon // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:27 PM

90 kilcline
    i like those transfers but i really dont want us to make any loan signings. unless we signed richards on a season loan cuz then we could sign him at the end of the season

• 95 Rotonda heights // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:27 PM

tads

I watched the game today and it was great, so i’m having an anti pardew free day!!

• 96 Ibizatoon // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:29 PM

“@Belfast and other smart people”

Funniest comment this blog has ever seen.

So, 4-0 today then. A bit better than a 2-1 loss to Oldham.

Try not to make too much of pre-season friendlies. We’re still in the midst of the ifs and buts of the transfer window.

Not sure whether I view this window as really that positive yet tbh, but either way it is nice to see a bit of life back on the blog. You bunch of morons ;)

• 97 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Do you guys think Parpuh knows Isla is not a CB?

• 98 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Ibiza…it’s like writing Belfast and friends isn’t it? :)

• 99 Ibizatoon // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Jesper…Just as odd, yes :)

Belfast being paired with smart people and having friends.

Oh it’s just too funny. Please stop.

• 100 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Am I the only one that does not want Micah Richards at all ? .

The guy is made of glass and was never that great when he was playing IMO . I would rather spend the money it would take to get him and his wages on someone else .

• 101 Ibizatoon // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Jesper…The real question should be, does Isla not know that he is a CB?

Honestly, Rotonda is getting the idea, do keep up Jesper.

Pardew is leading us to great things this season!

• 102 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Ibiza…what is Rotonda getting?

…I am still confused since reading that Belfast thing

• 103 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Rotonda
    Must say it was a pretty pleasant surprise! Can’t wait to see Janmaat and Cabella slot into that team, played some great football today

• 104 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:45 PM

I know it gets a lot of hate but I quite like our new home strip . Still not buying one with Wonga on the front like but its still decent .

I just want Nike to be our supplier and make a pretty much identical strip to Juventus with the thin stripes .

• 105 martoon // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Anybody know what has happened to Willo? – no sign of him today but I thought he went to New Zealand.

• 106 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:51 PM

BPC
    The top half of the kit makes it look like the players are wearing bibs!
    Hate puma kits look sh1te, even sh1ter with the iron on wonga logo

• 107 Ibizatoon // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Jesper…Just how wonderful Pardew really is of course!

martoon…Sounds like the NZ edition of “Where’s Wally?”

I have not a clue. Can’t be easy to loose him.

• 108 roblee7 // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Just a thought…imagine if Ashley did decide to spend big this summer and the signings made so far are just the start? I know pigs might fly, but if he wanted to, he has the cash. If we signed Isla I would seriously think perhaps this is the window we have all been waiting for from Ashley since the day he bought the club. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t see it happening, but just a thought. Just the number of people who come on here saying ‘I can’t see us spending this or that’, remember Coloccini was 10.2 mil, Cisse close to 10, he will spend, its just a case of when I think! Shame its taken him all this time to figure it out, I hope anhyway! :)

• 109 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 22, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Impressive performance today although not getting carried away with the opposition .

The good thing is we still have Cabella, Janmaat, Krul, Tiote & possibly another striker to start against City .

Also thought M’biwa was excellent today despite being played out of position again .

• 110 roblee7 // Jul 22, 2014 at 8:00 PM

For a good window now, I’d be delighted with one more striker to go with what we have and a centre back, but with the Isla link if true (although could be rubbish I know) …. this could actually get exciting, or should I say more exciting. Fingers crossed anyway!!!

• 111 Ibizatoon // Jul 22, 2014 at 8:01 PM

roblee…I suppose it could be the window…I’m just not willing to believe in Ashley. Not complaining, but we’ve not even spent the Cabaye and Debuchy money yet.

For me, a lot of damage has been done. Even if this window is a decent one, why should I think it any different to the one in 2011? Will we get another good window in 3 years time when we manage to flog this lot?

Damn it…sorry. What a grump I’ve turned in to.

• 112 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 22, 2014 at 8:02 PM

And Sissoko

• 113 roblee7 // Jul 22, 2014 at 8:03 PM

On a totally separate note and I know many of you will disagree, Anita has been one of the biggest disappointments for me, not quite on a Marveaux scale mind. Nowhere near enough overall impact on the pitch for me. A couple of good games but not anywhere near his Ajax days, goes missing too much and can’t see him getting many games this season with all the players we’ve signed

• 114 Belfast // Jul 22, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Should my ears be burning?

Ha ha ha

Kilcline you legend.
    I now remember why I always liked you mate! I hope you’re well.

Ibiza, Jesper, shut it.

• 115 Spoof // Jul 22, 2014 at 8:05 PM

roblee

we can all hope m8 no harm in doing that but even with the sky money plus the operating profits from last year, Cabaye and Debuchy were sold for £31m and so far with Perez, Janmaat, Riviere, de Jong and Cabella we have spent about £25m, so as it stands at present nothing has changed, what we seem to have done is sell at big prices and bought wisely, as I say, as yet nothing has changed ?

• 116 roblee7 // Jul 22, 2014 at 8:07 PM

ibiza, haha. I know what you mean. I think from the signings we’ve made so far can only be positive. And if thats all we sign, very disappointed given that a striker is the main priority. Anyway, I guess overall I’m saying now is not the time to be a ‘grump’ as you say. If you’re going to be a grump I’d wait until the end of the window, that’s what I’m doing :)

• 117 Spoof // Jul 22, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Anita is dreadful, offers no support for the defence and going forward he is worse than what he is defensively, seriously I would get rid and allow Bigi and Abied to fight it out between them to take the role of Anita, with Colback, Tiote and Sissoko all far better than Anita in the DM role we could allow him to go and give 1 of the kids a better opportunity.

• 118 roblee7 // Jul 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Spoof, yeah nothing has changed and to be honest I can’t see it changing. I’m just saying, you never know. Perhaps as ridiculous as it sounds the reason we’ve not signed players in the past is because we’ve not had the people needed to actually make signings in the first place. I mean Joe Kinnear? That was mental and little wonder we signed nobody. Charnley could be the key for all we know. Thats what I think gets to everyone, we know so little about the ins and outs at our club these days. But I have to say, I’m trying to stay positive until the window closes and am very happy with what we’ve brought in so far

• 119 Belfast // Jul 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I quite like the new strip, though initially I didn’t.

Seen a few photos with it on somebody earlier, and it’s not to bad.

The puma kits are absolutely crap compared to Adidas, nike kits etc etc

• 120 Grazy Cavan // Jul 22, 2014 at 8:21 PM