Devastating Injury News For Andy Carroll

Really bad news for former Newcastle striker Andy Carroll today – that he could be out up to four months with torn ligaments in his ankle.

andy carroll - england navy blue

Andy Carroll – out four months with torn ankle ligaments

It’s yet another devastating injury blow for the Gateshead lad – and it’s sad to hear about this, after Andy had missed half of last season with injury.

It must be very difficult for the 25 year-old, who had said recently he was hoping to repay West Ham in the coming season,  after he had missed so much playing time last season.

We reported this morning that Andy would not participate in the New Zealand tour, and that he was off to America to see a top surgeon to maybe get an operation on the ankle – and now we know that operation will take place tomorrow after the surgeon had diagnosed the extent of the injury.

Owner David Sullivan’s son Jack tweeted the news on Andy today, and that Carroll would be out for four months:

¨VERY BAD NEW REGARDING AC, TORN LIGAMENTS IN ANKLE. OPERATION TOMORROW WITH TOP SURGEON IN USA. WILL BE PLAYING IN 4 MONTHS.¨

We had talked about Andy’s poor injury record this morning, but nobody would wish this on Andy – after all he’s been through as far as injuries are concerned over the last few seasons.

We can only hope the ankle gets fixed up, and that Andy is back playing (well) again before Christmas.

If Newcastle were interested in signing our former striker this summer – which we doubt – that move will obviously be off.

We wish Andy the very best with the operation tomorrow and his recovery.

Below are our three social media sites:

• jazzyp

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I feel sorry for the lad hahahahahahahahahahahahaha…..No no that’s not fair hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha… Unlucky Mr Carroll

• leeb1982

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Idiot chairman plus more of an idiot manager = an Andy carroll transfer

• croftus5678

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM

well…tbh it doesnt effect us and he should be used to being injured by now.

cant wait to watch the game on saturday anyone know what time here it starts ?

• scout

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Is it on tv

• beermonkey

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:32 PM

jazzy

I don’t think anything will happen till players have been moved on and were back from down under

but it might happen still lots of time left in the window

has good gotten over his injury that kept him out the world cup and did he make the tour team for us

• jazzyp

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Croftus
    4.30 am mate I think

• Graeme

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I do, genuinely, feel sorry for the bloke, nobody deserves the injuries AC has suffered.

The only silver lining, if it can be termed as such – its not our problem and should put the rumours of him returning to SJP to bed, once and for all!!

• croftus5678

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM

@4 scout

bt sports m8

• croftus5678

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:36 PM

@6 jazzy

cheers m8 early night for me tomoz then me thinks

• jazzyp

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Graeme
    Agree mate. just because the player once played for us and is injured again, Feel sorry for the lad but it doesn’t effect Nufc so move on.
    Would we be bothered or interested if Nolan had an injury. Or Ba had a injury while playing for Besiktas……NO NO NO

• kilcline

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM

We have form of signing players when injured….8-O

• jazzyp

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Beermonkey

Probably mate but I would help Charnley and co are busy behind the scenes . Just because Nufc are on tour Shouldn’t really effect negotiations or potential deals that are hopefully being struck.
    think Grenier would finish our Midfield off nicely and would prove we are actively still busy in the transfer market

• Toonfan8

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I would be happy if we bring Joel Campbell, but with buy-out clause…I think he can become really good, has good left foot, is pacey and tricky…can be upgrade on Goofy…give us more options upfront…Dier should be another, we have to bring these players which can be for the future but also for this season…

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I remember the day we sold Carroll .

I was watching Sky Sports news praying the deal wouldn’t go through as I thought he was the next Alan Shearer and I was heartbroken when he left albeit at a good price .

However if someone told me that day he would go on to be injured for 80% of the next 3 years I would have drove him to Liverpool myself .

Not that I am wishing injuries on the guy, but unless he cuts out the injuries and then goes on to fill his potential it has to go down as one of the best transfers in history for the selling club IMO .

• beermonkey

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:59 PM

jazzy

if we do want him I am sure we have made contact as you say nothing to do with the boys on tour

ENGLISH – Live Football Newcastle United v Wellington Phoenix 5:30am-7:30am (Stream 3)

and link that says 5.30 not 4.30 that ed has on the front page think he was an hour out with the first match

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:00 PM

How is the humidity in the UK these days?

…it’s unbearable here in Denmark 🙁

• ethiotoon

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Why did Newcastle cool their interest on Clement Grenier after Lyon put him for
    Sale? Strange coolness…

• toonicle

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Am I the only one that still doesn’t want Grenier? Where would he possibly fit into our first 11 right now? And if he doesn’t do we really want to spend 6-7Mil for a sub or someone to fill out the midfield in our cup losses?

• Markaccus

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Jesper

its been the best summer in a while here, but with that has come thundery weather and uncomfortable sticky heat. You know when the air refuses to move? Even if you open both doors and all the windows? Its been like that a lot.

• beermonkey

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM

jesper

I have nice breeze my lounge over looks a tidal river and 800yds from the sea

I would like to blame the heat for the grumpiness of my misses but alas its just her being a women

• firebug666

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Markaccus

I live right on the North East coast, and it has been beautiful here, just enough of a breeze to keep it pleasant.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:07 PM

A few rumours on twitter saying we have mad a £7 million bid for Grenier .

If we got him as well as another striker I would cry 😉 .

—————————Krul——————————–

–Janmaat——–Collo———M’biwa——–Haidara–

—————————-Tiote——————————

——-Sissoko——————————–Grenier——-

—————————De Jong—————————-

———Aubameyang——————–Cabella———-

Bench: Elliot, Willo, Colback, Anita, HBA, Rivierre, Gouff

Amazing to think we could have that team and a really strong bench for another £20 million .

• Markaccus

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Went to denmark once as a kid. Legoland. Esbjerg ???

Anyway i think it was in March. Surprisingly warm. We had to buy some shorts. I remember my dad going into a clothes shop and slowley saying to the guy “mmmeennnnss shhoorrttss” while signalling with his hands half way down the legs. The man replied, in almost perfect english ” Certainly, sir, come this way” my mother keeled over laughing.

• Markaccus

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Fire bug. I am slightly in-land. Westmoor. Its nice, but gets uncomfortable as soon as the clouds come.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Mark…that’s how it is here,just without the thunder.

…I swear the humidity here is close to 100.

Beer…I would love to be close to the sea or any water right now. To feel that cool windy breeze 🙂

• beermonkey

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:11 PM

toonicle

we only have to lose ldj or cabella for a couple of month and were back to where we were last year struggling who else have we that can come off bench and influence a game??
    he wouldn’t be a total bench warmer we don’t have to play with the same 11 each week

• Markaccus

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:11 PM

BPC

cabella as a strike partner with PEA? Can he play there?

• Markaccus

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Jesper

i prefer it to turn into a full on fire and brimstone thunderstorm. It clears the air. The high pressure gives me headaches.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Getting Grenier for anything under £10 million would be a steal IMO, £7 million would be an absolute bargain .

Get him on one of Mike’s 6 year contracts and we have basically bought a goose with the potential to lay the golden egg IMO . Grenier has the ability to be one of the worlds best in a few years .

• croftus5678

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:14 PM

@18 toon

i personally dont want any more midfielders or strikers for that matter as if we did it wouldnt give cisse/perez/arma/campbell a chance that they do deserve and cisse needs to get in some sort of form in order for us to sell him and if he cant score in a team with this much creation then he will never score.

if anything i want to see a young england hopefull come in so i can look forward to watching england play again ! micah as a cb or dier would fit this perfectly for me.

• beermonkey

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:15 PM

jesper

heats ok but humidity is a bitch I have always lived on the coast
    but I had to goto Taiwan once my god the humidity there was unreal I got out the shower and stood on my balcony in just towl after a few mins I had go and have another shower, god bless the man that invented air conditioning

• GeordieTwo

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:15 PM

The Belgian midget strikers are really getting into their tiny strides now. Training ground is a tiny football pitch near St. James Park. They already have their own Geordie groupies watching them. Beautiful.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Mark…haha 🙂

…would have liked to see the look on your dad’s face.

Legoland is close to Esbjerg in a small town called Billund. It’s where the Airport is as well. If you sailed to Denmark you probably sailed to Esbjerg?

Did you know the name “LEGO” is a contraction of “Play well” meaning “Leg Godt” (Lego)?

• Markaccus

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:16 PM

———————-Krul
    Janmaat—colo–dier–hairdryer
    —————tiote—socks
    –caba———-SDJ———–greni
    —————–SHOLA ( 😉 )

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Best look at our new home strip yet:

Still not perfect as I don’t think Puma are that great at designing kits, but I like the thinner stripes . Why can’t we just have Nike make the strips and make them switch Juve’s badge with ours .

• jazzyp

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Beermonkey

Cheers for the link mate

Toonicle
    Do you think it would nice to have that option and be spoilt with quality on the park rather than having just a nucleus of a good team and the rest fringe players.
    If Mapou is indeed on his way out then im sure a suitable replacement will be brought in.
    Personally mate I would love to be spoilt for choice which have long been after rather than having a bench full of ragamuffins

• GeordieTwo

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Beermonkey has been invited to become an honorary Maori. They seem to like his style. The Governor General’s wife certainly did. Harrumph!

• ethiotoon

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Big Pappa Cissé
    Exactly with no doubt…

• GeordieTwo

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Who will be our flair player this season? Benny is far too powerful and muscular now. Obertan has the heed for it but nowt else. Cabella? Let’s see him up against some decent competition. That should come in Germany if he’s with the team by then.

• Bambams

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:19 PM

From what I can see the Grenier tweets originated from 888sport which it is reported are not reliable. Suggested bid of £7 million