Remy Cabella Is Like A Ben Arfa And Cabaye Together

New boy Emmanuel Riviere is the same age as Remy Cabella at 24, and our new striker has played with our new midfield player for the  French Youth sides.

Newcastle United Unveil New Signing Remy Cabella

Remy Cabella last week at St. James’ Park

Here is Riviere’s record playing for various French Youth sides:

When              Youth side      Games   Goals
2005–2006	France U16	  2	      0
2007	        France U17	  8	      1
2007–2008	France U18	 10         4
2008–2009	France U19	  7	      2
2010–2013	France U21	 15	      6

And Cabella has played 17 times for the France U21 side with 4 goals, so it looks like they played together for the France U21 side quite a few times.

Certainly Riviere has a high opinion of Remy Cabella, who received his first senior cap for France this summer, before joining Newcastle early last week.

This is what Emmanuel has said today in the Northern Echo:

“I played with Remy Cabella for France youth a number of times and I like playing with him so much because he gives so many assists for strikers,” “Remy is like a Ben Arfa and Cabaye together, a mix.”

“He is a very good player. I am a striker, who is fast. I love to find space and to work for the team too. I don’t compare myself to anyone but I like Thierry Henry, he is my idol and that is why I came to the Premier League.”

“I have watched a lot of the Premier League over the years. It’s a fantastic league and I think I can settle in to that. I can play here because I am fast and strong. I don’t fear the contract, the physical side of things.”

Certainly Newcastle fans were excited that a man of Cabella’s skills and talent has arrived on Tyneside,  and the player himself seemed to be absolutely delighted to join Newcastle.

And come to think of it, Riviere himself was also over the moon when he joined Newcastle last week.

Newcastle must be doing something right these days – even through we had a terrible second half of the season earlier this year.

Upward and onward!

Below are our three social media sites:

• Markaccus

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Not a bad player to have as your hero 😀 lets hope he can be even half the player, we will be laughing!

• Markaccus

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Roblee

i agree we need a CB, and a Goal scorer (15 goals +).

I do disagree that sdj and cabella injury prone. Niether have had recent injuries, and one of sdj was a collapsed lung, which is a freak and can happen to anyone. There injury records are no where near bad enough to say “injury prone”.

• Markaccus

• Markaccus

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Rainrix

You have just mentioned Hb……. i mean “HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED” 😀

• Slank

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:51 AM

I like his attitude. Very positive. Could be a real gem.

With Cabella and De Jong in the team he should get plenty of service.

• Thump

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:53 AM

If he can be half as good as Henry, I’ll be a happy man.

• Markaccus

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Thump

Hey! Stop stealind my sentiments on rivierre/henry :-p

• Bambams

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:54 AM

All quiet on the transfers…..

Wonder if this is it, look again in January ?

Two more players, proven striker and cb could be the difference between top 12 and top 6 in my opinion.

We need Siem, cabella and rivvy to hit the ground running and avoid injuries.

• Markaccus

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:55 AM

*stealing

• jayphoto

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:55 AM

So happy with the Riviere signing! Always followed St Ettiene when im France, was clamouring for the club to sign him on here way back in his Les Verts days!
    For me he plays best left side of a front 3! If not there then just off a target man in a 4-4-2. Definately not a striker to spear head an attack alone!!

• Scottiedog

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I am actually looking forward to this season!! But we really need to keep hold of Sissoko as I think he could be our key player

• Lost Plot

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Cabaye&Arfa?

The lad hasn’t gone n put 4 Clem on has he?

One thing, we are looking like an outfit again .. The lads seem to enjoying their game and are looking friendly with one another.

Bet that’s why Ben Arfa being kept away from squad!

Same reason Sunderland were lising things was coz of Bardsley .. Once Jews out if the equation they … Well let’s not gan down that road again.

The Toon are looking good (I personally be surprised if we got anyone else coming in as there’s a hidden agenda there with new look)

Not gonna dwell on it too much but defiantly Top Five by Christmas

• Rainrix

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Markaccus… Apparently if you say his name into a mirror 3 times pardew will appear and scream “HE”S NOT ON THE PLANE!” 🙂

• jayphoto

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Got a feeling Cabella will make us all forget about that big fat ben Arfa man in the first 6 games 😉
    Id sell Benny tomorrow myself, not a fan as he only plays for Team HBA but gotta say he don’t look obese to me….

• Markaccus

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Lost plot

aye, he’s basically just cabaye but with a taste for Pizzas and kebabs.

• Mr Magpie

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:01 AM

There is still plenty of time left in this transfer window & with the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool & others still with plenty of spending to do i think that as always we are just waiting for the bargain deal!!!

• roblee7

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Just so you guys know, RobertLeeNo7 is a different Rob Lee to me! 🙂 Just incase some of you think its me. Good name btw RobertLeeNo7 My actual real name is Rob Lee (which I like of course!), Robert Joseph Edwin Lee to be more precise! 😉 And I didn’t have sad parents, I was born in 1985, long before Rob Lee graced St James’

• jayphoto

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Reckon we’ll get 2 more in! Just got a feeling we’ll take Zaha on loan and a striker for about 8m, wouldn’t shock me if it was Ings!
    We desperately need a centre half but reckon the club will stock with what its got now in defence

• Blofal

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I’m liking this Riviere guy more by the day. I didn’t think much of his highlight real on youtube but I must admit I liked his performance against Sydney FC and I like his attitude.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Jay…I fear it’s only loan signings from here unless we can unload some!

• Mr Magpie

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I am not against loaning in players as long as we have an option to buy & they are better than the youngsters we have trying to come through. In my opinion if it is just to improve another teams player then its pointless.

• jayphoto

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM

@jesper yea big chance you’re right! Would say Zaha and By chance Harry Kane or Will Keane on loan added to what we’ve got would be a decent window

• jayphoto

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM

In London atm and theres huge talk of us take Serge Gnabry on loan from Arsenal down here! Not seen him play myself mind but people seem to think its a done deal

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Jay…I heard rumors of us still being interested in Joel Campbell as well.

• Slank

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Jayphoto

The problem with Gnabry, who is very good, is that he would possibly only get a game presumably in midfield if De Jong or Sissoko are absent.

This would be no different for him that exists at Arsenal where he has even more established players in the pecking order ahead of him.

• jayphoto

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:30 AM

@jesper really?? Don’t really rate campbell from what i’ve seen (which isn’t that much to be fair)
    Wonder if the club are waiting to see what level Armstrong and Campbell are at before buying? Wouldn’t shock me to see Cisse as #1 striker again with Riviere, gouffran, Amstrong and Campbell making up the ither strikers! Club loves taking a risk when it comes to small numbers and making do until january

• jayphoto

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM

@slank only seen Gnabry a few times but he played wide right each time? Reckon theres a space going there if pards goes with his favoured 4-2-3-1 with cabella left and dejong central? Can’t see them keeping gouffran as a starter as hes clearly not a top level winger and got a feeling the club will play sissoko central next season as this is where he’ll appreciate the most value!
    If Gnabry or Zaha can play left AND right one of them would be a valuable squad player that would possibly notch 25 games

• Ancientcoptic

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Lost Plot – I didn’t understand any of that. lol

• Transfer Sage

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:42 AM

not seen enough of campbell to judge him, wouldn’t object to us signing him but hopefully we can do better, ideally somebody in the class of remy

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Jay…that is actually what I fear and it only takes a injury to one of our forwards to jeopardize everything.

• Lost Plot

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Ancient .. Thanks for pointing out .. Fat fingers on an iPhone ain’t too clever

I wasn’t supposed to use the J word and few others

I’ll try to speak when back on me Mac

Sorry

• jayphoto

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Really do think they’ll be focusing on Armstrong alot this season! England u19 star! Fat Ash will be seeing 35m and Carroll v.2 in him!
    Lad will be on a miniscule wage and has the pace to make a young michael owen impact… Really wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t sign another striker!
    If the lad nets any preseason hattricks that’ll be the final nail in the striker signing coffin… Reckon he would have got 3 if hed have played 90 mins against sydney

• Slank

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:48 AM

jayphoto

Does Gnabry play wide right (out of necessity) because Arsenal have an abundance of central midfield players?

Cabella normally plays on the right so I can only see Gnabry getting a game in that position when Cabella is absent.

• Transfer Sage

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:49 AM

jayphoto

I know the opposition wasn’t great but the way he took his goal the other night makes me think he could really kick on this season, seems very cool and composed on the ball for a young lad, hopefully will be broken into the team over the season, don’t mind if he is thrown in from the start of eased in…whatever will suit his development.

• Slank

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM

jayphoto @ 35

I agree with you about Armstrong. He is good enough to play regularly in the first team but where I don’t know.

My guess would be on the left wing but not as a winger. I think he would be up supporting the centre forward.

• Slank

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Transfer Sage

I think he really benefits from playing in the England team. He must get a lot of confidence from that as he is a regular.

• OneAlanShearer

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Dean Saunders making a pratt of himself commentating on lfc. Said remy scored vital goals for qpr last season. Commentator tried to rescue tge idiit by adding…..and newcastle. Useless fool.

1 2 3 5