The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – We’re In A Good Place – We’re Working Hard

10:05 pm, Friday, July 25th, 2014 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 176 Comments

It seems that Wellington Phoenix will give Newcastle  a much harder game tomorrow night in Wellington than we had on Tuesday night, when Newcastle looked good in beating Sydney FC 4-0 in Dunedin.

alan pardew in black jacket

Alan Pardew – Newcastle manager – we’re in a good place

Newcastle will again play a strong side, with the aim being to get our senior players up to speed, with the Premier League kicking off three weeks tomorrow, and Newcastle’s first game being on the Sunday at home to PL Champions Manchester City.

That look likes an easy 3 points. 😀

This is what Alan Pardew told the Shields Gazette today about the Phoenix side:

“They beat West Ham 2-1,”  “That was a surprising result.¨ “They’re obviously competitive and have got good players.¨ “It might be a difficult game for us at the moment, but we’re in a good place.¨

“The group are really working hard.¨ “There’s a good spirit amongst them, and I do expect to win.¨ “The boys have really worked hard.”

“It showed on the pitch that our offensive options are obviously greater than last year.”

It was a bit of a shock result against West Ham on Wednesday night, but the results in pre-season seem to have little bearing on how we will fare in the league next season.

But the lads have looked good in New Zealand, especially the new boys, with Jack Colback, Siem de Jong and Emmanuel Riviere all playing well  on Tuesday night.

We want to see another good performance from the side, with Newcastle creating chances and converting some of them into goals.

But it’s the performance that is probably more important than the result in these pre-season games – although it’s always nice to win.

Below are our three social media sites:

Tags: Coaching · Emmanuel Riviere · Jack Colback · Newcastle News · Pre-Season · Siem de Jong

176 responses so far ↓

• 1 Rotonda heights // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM

old pardew loves the pseudo intellectual jargon.

”we’re in a good place”. ” we didn’t have a process to win the match” etc, etc mixed in with his ”we woz…. ”

To the dyslexic or cerebrally challenged (take your pick) SUFC fan, the only thing I would swap with them, sad to say, is the managers.

• 2 lesh // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:28 PM

When one considers recent and touching gesture made by genuine Sunderland supporters, it’s a pity that that divvy SUFC or whatever he/ she goes by has appeared.

What a clown!

• 3 Jeff from Benwell // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Rotonda you are a twerp
    You think criticising a sports coach for his
    use of language is clever
    It’s BORING man
    Anyhow I came on here to say we have signed
    Virgil van Dijk from Celtic
    You heard it here first

• 4 toon kk // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Typical Paris We’re in a good place, he loves crawling to Mashley.

truth is we’ll just get mid table at best without a top striker through the door.
    Think MA Will have closed his cheque book now.
    At least we got some needed quality in.

• 5 Shaker Shakrah // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:31 PM

I don’t think Wellington will take anything from this game
    I think we will dominate 85 % of the match .

• 6 thegaffer // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:31 PM

this guy is a total nutjob.. our beloved club is in the hands of a noob puppet !

• 7 JamesToon // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Who is this SUFC guy? please don’t tell me he’s a mackem…

• 8 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Jeff, you win.

• 9 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:34 PM

http://www.sufc.co.uk/ mystery resolved.

• 10 Blackley and Brownlie // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Rotonda

Take no notice of Jeff. I never get bored of laughing at Percy’s pearlers.

• 11 OhSholaAmeobi // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:39 PM

We don’t need 3 new players like, we need a striker and to put faith in Yanga-Mbiwa and the youth like Abeid, Haidara etc.

• 12 Novocastrian66 // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:39 PM

I think if van Dijk goes anywhere it will be Southampton to replace Lovren.

• 13 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Good rumors are rumors that make sense. Baseless rumors are crap.

• 14 thegaffer // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:50 PM

5 more signings, n I say we can finish top 6.. or just give a push to the 4th spot..
    requirements-

HBA
    Rivière

what say guys.. ?

• 15 Novocastrian66 // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Wouldn’t go anywhere near Balotelli

• 16 mattnufc // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Only a striker and a Cabaye-type are required and the squad will be the most complete since the Robson era, I believe.

• 17 mattnufc // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:55 PM

@Gaffer
    Pretty sure Cabella will play LM and Sissoko on the other side. I highly doubt we’re after another central defender. And Balotelli? I don’t need to explain that one.

• 18 Belfast // Jul 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM

It’s all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.

That’s todays news today.

Tomorrows news will be tomorrow.

• 19 Belfast // Jul 25, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Noticed next weekends games are being shown on quest tv.

Strange channel to show them on. Think it’s a Freeview channel.

Happy days anyway.

• 20 Belfast // Jul 25, 2014 at 11:09 PM

SUFC is clearly a troll.

• 21 Belfast // Jul 25, 2014 at 11:11 PM

All by myself? The blog killer claims another few victims.

Another small victory.

• 22 stestickle // Jul 25, 2014 at 11:13 PM

The Newcastle matches are to be played (all UK times);

Saturday 2 August with a 2.30pm kick-off against Malaga, then –

Sunday 3 August, a 4.45pm match against hosts Schalke kicks off.

Sky viewers can access Quest on channel 167, whilst Virgin media punters can watch via channel 172.

• 23 Belfast // Jul 25, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Yeah it’s already showing in the guide for next Saturday and Sunday.

• 24 Mr Magpie // Jul 25, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Now i wonder with Drogba, Torres & Costa if Lukaku could be off…..surely not…we couldn’t be…could we?
    Oh please let us be trying to sign him!!!!!!

• 25 headtheball // Jul 26, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I have to admit I agree with P45due. They are in a good place as I lived in NZ for five years. However I believe his best place would be as assistant kit person for Leyton Buzzard ladies 2nd eleven.
    HWTL

• 26 headtheball // Jul 26, 2014 at 12:28 AM

My turn to kill the blog.
    HWTL

• 27 SUFC_rule // Jul 26, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Insider information: Wesley Sneijder to agree personal terms with Sunderland FC within the next 24 hours.

• 28 lesh // Jul 26, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Jeff from Benwell……

Virgil van Dijk?

Dick van Dyke’s more likely

• 29 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 26, 2014 at 12:43 AM

More insider information:

Wesley Snipes is going to purchase SUFC (ahem Sheffield United FC) in 24 hours and promise to bring Barnetta and Scharner to be their first mega signings. They are targeting a spot in the local league now.

• 30 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 26, 2014 at 12:50 AM

SUFC, sounds like you’re doing well on Champ Manager then…

• 31 SUFC_rule // Jul 26, 2014 at 12:54 AM

You will see tomorrow

• 32 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 26, 2014 at 12:56 AM

I can see today, thanks. 20/20 at the optician.

Enjoy your game.

• 33 SUFC_rule // Jul 26, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Watch your mouth son, or i’ll get my sunderland crew on you

• 34 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Good morning guys from Oz

Just to let you know that the Newcastle Wellington game is televised live on foxtel main event at 2.30pm which is 3.30am UK time.

• 35 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Expat, I thought it was 5.30am our UK time?

• 36 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:15 AM

I tend to disregard the idiots on this blog these days, especially the ones supporting a certain other club with mentally retarded IQ of 2

• 37 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:17 AM

LR

You are quite correct mate. Got my 5s and 3s mixed up…..lol

• 38 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Mr. Magpie

It would be the cherry on top of the cake if we managed to sign him but somehow, I think he is destined for Everton. We can only hope though.

• 39 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM

“That’s followed by Newcastle United v Wellington Phoenix (BT Sport 1, Saturday, 5.30am).”

from BT sport schedule.

• 40 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:20 AM

No worries.

• 41 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Why do I have to suffer from a Sheffield United fan, pretending a Mackem, trying to destroy everything? In my mind, the rivalry always exist, but Mackems make more sense than that SUFC guy. The loss of our lads recently showed that. Just leave the football matters on the football field. Leave the true idiots alone.

• 42 thegaffer // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:34 AM

“Borini said ‘kiss my a**” Wesley Snipes.. oops Schneider says “ain’t going to the stadium of shite” probably nothing happening on the Scumberland blogs.. making a fun out of himself on the wrong turf !

btw SUFC.. FYI, scums signed Patrick Van Aanholt.. surely missing the gingerhead part time LB lmao.. hahaha.. news for you.. 😉

• 43 SUFC_rule // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:40 AM

What a sad life Newcastle fans live in the shadows of Sunderland greatness

• 44 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:45 AM

SUFC guy, you should changed your name first. SUFC is Sheffield United FC, not Sunderland FC.

• 45 thegaffer // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:50 AM

too much time you guys have to notice other’s sad lives ! must be more sad on that side evidently.. and your part is built of slum.. nothing to create shadows lmao..
    and wtf are you doing in the true north east club’s blog.. getting curious about us ?!? get a life looser or dwell in the non happening scum blog..

• 46 SUFC_rule // Jul 26, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Sunderland beat Newcastle Twice in a season…TWICE IN A SEASON. Better players than you and Colbeck will be begging to come back the SUFC

• 47 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:03 AM

SUFC

The PL is not a sprint over 2 games but a marathon over 38.

Despite our woeful form in the second half of the season and your improved results in the last few games, you still finished well below us.

• 48 thegaffer // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:05 AM

all u talk about is twice in a season coz u got nothin else.. a sense of acheivement in a pile of scum.. how about the 5-1 mauling you endured.. talking of Shola, even he has been a Suarez against you lot.. n yet you find banter in him lol

• 49 SUFC_rule // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:05 AM

‘Jack Colback says swapping Sunderland for Newcastle was right decision, as midfielder thinks he now has ‘a chance to be part of a team really looking to go places’

Yeah, going down to Champions League

• 50 SUFC_rule // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:05 AM

championship*

• 51 SUFC_rule // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Newcastle United are sub-human scum and will forever be jealous of SUFC

• 52 BarcelonaMag // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Forgive my stupidity but is the match on Saturday morning BST or Sunday morning?

• 53 thegaffer // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:08 AM

spot on Expat.. dragged through by the skin of their teeth ????

• 54 SUFC_rule // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Beating Sydney 4 – 0 will be your biggest win this season , losers

• 55 thegaffer // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:10 AM

yeah right.. jealous of the scums.. apparently a scum is in our blog.. proves who’s J tbh.. idiot ! get your stinking a** out of here while you still can use it to dump more at the stadium of shite !

• 56 SUFC_rule // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Inbred Newcastle scum jealous of SUNDERLAND GREATNESS

• 57 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Just ignore this dipstick and maybe Ed could also look at banning him from this blog as he appears to be lowering the level of literacy and intelligence.

• 58 LeToonARMY // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:36 AM

____________________Eliot______________________
    _____Mbiwa_____Collo______Taylor_________Hadira_
    __________Anita______________Tiote___________
    ____Gouffran_______De Jong________Ronaldo_____
    __________________Riviere__________________

• 59 jimmysmith // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:37 AM

I’m not the least bit anti Pards. My only real dissatisfaction with the Toon under Ashley has been the lack of spending in a timely manner, which I also partly understand, and Wonga on the shirt and the ground name change fiasco, which I flatly disagree with. But WTF is Pards going on about with this challenging for Champions League nonsense. Cinder in fuggen snows chance, without a top quality cb and centre forward added to what we have.

• 60 LeToonARMY // Jul 26, 2014 at 2:37 AM

watch the game live here

• 61 headtheball // Jul 26, 2014 at 3:12 AM

expat@34
    Was that reference to Foxtel for UK or Oz as I’m in Oz and can’t find any mention of it on Foxtel here? Would sure love to watch it
    HWTL

• 62 SUFC_rule // Jul 26, 2014 at 3:22 AM

literacy and intelligence coming from an NUFC incest baby is rich

• 63 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 3:25 AM

Head the Ball

Its on foxtel in Oz. Go to Main event channel 518. Currently showing Sydney v Fat Sam United. Newcastle game is on at 2.30pm

Sydney winning 1 – 0 by the way

• 64 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 3:26 AM

Head the ball

$19.95 subscription to watch the game

• 65 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Sydney 2 Fat Sham United 0…..just before half time

• 66 gazzaforever // Jul 26, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Looks like all the Ben Arfa s haters are having the best time of their life right now, especially prcks like Markaccus, Spoof, Pawl, etc… the same bunch of wnkers who dont get that Grenier is injury prone and insipid, Sissoko is not RM, Cabaye was not that great , and HBA was the best thing which happened to the club for a lomg time. The same who insulted when I said that Gouff was crap , Gomis too , and Cabaye average. Clueless people here

• 67 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 4:05 AM

Gazza

Everybody is entitled to their opinions. That is what a forum is all about. The bloggers you mentioned are excellent posters and knowledgable fans and dont deserve abuse.

• 68 headtheball // Jul 26, 2014 at 4:26 AM

Expat
    Thanks for that. I’m on SD not HD as I record NUFC games to dvd and I believe HD causes scrambling problems so never went the HD way. I would be lost if I couldn’t keep recording to dvd. Thanks anyway.
    Give my regards to Mr T who constantly gives me a laugh.
    Cheers

• 69 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2014 at 4:27 AM

lol west ham losing to sydney now >.< this is one team i dont think we will have a problem finishing above.

• 70 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2014 at 4:28 AM

oh dear hand ball and half lol

• 71 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 4:48 AM

Sydney 3 Fat Sam United 1.

• 72 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 4:51 AM

Head

I dont have HD either mate.

I will certainly pass on your best wishes to that big girls blouse, Mister Tuffless……..lol

• 73 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Great job by Sydney. Fat sam bought plenty of good players but performing badly.

• 74 Sgt. Heagerty // Jul 26, 2014 at 4:56 AM

I used to comment on here all the time. I’ve been a regular to this blog since Ed did a story on my road to becoming an adopted Geordie and lifelong NUFC supporter thanks to a little Iraqi kid name Frankie who always wore his shearer strip and told me all about the great newcastle united during my first tour as an infantryman in Baghdad Iraq…. The last 2 to 3 years have turned me into a reader of the articles and not a commenter because I’m so sick of the infighting and utter crap from some of you lads. I wish that newcastle were still playing European nights week in week out jus like the rest of you, and I wish that mike Ashley would sale up just like the rest of you, and I wish that I had millions of dollars and a beach house in Hawaii and season tickets at st James with a vacation home on tyneside to spend the season at…. Alas I’m just a disabled 31 year old has been infantryman that can barely kick the ball with my kids…. Life isn’t perfect, I can deal with anger at Ashley for not investing, I can even deal with not being thrilled with the gaffer, no gaffer who drops 7 straight should be proud, but this is the same guy who won manager of the year in the freaking premier league when Ashley backed him and he had a squad so to call him a shite manager and to say he shouldn’t be a Sunday league manager is a bit much…. And then there are the ones who bash our own troops, the ones who constantly trash the lads who put on the black and white like all of us have dreamed about, if a guy isn’t playing well its ok to say so, but to call em rubbish players who don’t belong and take them apart is too much for the greatest fans on earth, 90% of the players that come to the toon spill there guts for the supporters cuz they know they are playing in front of the best!!!! I just love newcastle, I love seeing at James filled to the rafters and the Geordies singing there hearts out even when we are 4 nil down to arsenal because they just KNOW we are gonna get 4 back and bag a poin of not get a winner… Some of you in here need to remember why you love newcastle united, what brought you to the club, support the club, not mike Ashley, if your a pards hater fine, just keep it respectable cuz he has done more at the club with less then any gaffer since the great sir bobby…. I don’t know what I’m saying mates, I guess that I dream of newcastle lifting the trophy at the beginning of every season, I dream of us lifting one of the cups every season, I dream of European nights every season, I dream !!!!!

• 75 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:04 AM

@Sgt. Heagerty // Jul 26, 2014 at 4:56 AM

everyone here wants or dreams of newcastle lifting trophys.

everyone here is entitled to their own opinions, feelings and judgements.

don’t come here playing down and dissing everyone’s comments here as crap just because you have served in iraq or god knows where. like as if that is a god given right and your opinion trounces everyone else’s here.

if this is how u announce ur arrival after 2 to 3 years its better if you extend that to another 30 years.

• 76 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:04 AM

Sgt Heagrty

Great passion and emotion and a big well done. May i wish you a speedy recovery and hope you one day make a trip to tyneside to see a game at SJP

• 77 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:05 AM

Oh dear me

• 78 Toonfan8 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:16 AM

somebody know our line up?

• 79 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:18 AM

Not announced yet. Currently showing highlihhts of prevoius tour games

• 80 baro9 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:19 AM

#nufc Elliot, Yanga-Mbiwa, Coloccini, Steven Taylor, Haidara, Anita, Colback, Abeid, Gouffran, De Jong, Riviere v @WgtnPhoenixFC

• 81 baro9 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:19 AM

#nufc subs: Aarons, Alnwick, Armstrong, Campbell, Dummett, Perez, Satka, Vuckic, Woodman.

• 82 baro9 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Sgt. Heagerty

How’s it going man? I as well just recently got back on the blog! I actually forgot my password to my account and started a new one!

• 83 lesh // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Sgt. Heagerty

Good post sarge and don’t worry too much about 8788 and his barbed comments.

You keep on with those dreams fella and one day, you and your family’ll get over to the UK, visit Newcastle and enjoy it and its surroundings.

Time it right and you never know, the lads might just put on a stellar performance for you at the Cathedral on the Hill.

Follow your dreams sarge and we’re with you in hoping they come true.

• 84 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Still no Williamson

• 85 iamnufc // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Hey guys any links for the games??
    Will appreciate it. Thanks:)

• 86 baro9 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:23 AM

We really need a new CB and ST… Especially if M’Bwia is going out on loan….

• 87 baro9 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:24 AM

• 88 iamnufc // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Thanks baro9

• 89 Sgt. Heagerty // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Ilovetoon,
    My Iraq comment was to point out how long I had been here and that I’m know to folks on this site as the exact opposite. Of what you said…. I love talking football and hearing people’s opinions. But there is a line, as to my service in Iraq, Ed did a story on me for this blog that’s why I mentioned it so people would remember me, besides that I’m proud of my service …. Not better then anybody because of it…. I love newcastle united and became a fan because of its supporters… If you got a problem with me or my service to the nations of America and Great Britain piss off!!!!

• 90 Sgt. Heagerty // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:33 AM

Expatmag, thanks mate

• 91 baro9 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:33 AM

iamnufc

No problem m8!

This link is good, too!

• 92 Sgt. Heagerty // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Baro9, good to talk again mate,

Lesh thanks a lot it really means alot

• 93 Sliema // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Everyone got BT advertising only?
    Where is the game?! 😮

• 94 toon1707 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:38 AM

all i am getting is adverts

• 95 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:39 AM

Thought it kicked off at 5.30am? Everyone just got adverts and baseball so far?

• 96 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:39 AM

@74 sgt

theres alot of things i dont like also but that doesnt mean i’m or my view is the right one and even though i’m on your side and agree with almost all your saying which imo there are not enough of us but others with different views when listening to them have some credibility also even the doom and gloom crowd have some sort of point !
    the way i’ve learnt how different fans work is that some fans promote confidence and good feeling while other tend to not bother with that and look at weak points as they believe it will help to improve them.

• 97 krijo // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:39 AM

Delayed

• 98 baro9 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:40 AM

About time!!!! Game on!!

• 99 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:40 AM

Ah, here we go.

• 100 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:42 AM

@Sgt. Heagerty // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:32 AM

I have no issues of you and serving in Iraq.

Don’t diss other’s opinion here just because its different from yours. They all have their points as well even though it’s different from me.

You should learn abit of respect for the difference.

Other then that, all the best to you!

• 101 baro9 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:44 AM

I really liked Jack Colback last game! Hopefully, he breaks into the team to play alongside Tiote!

• 102 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:44 AM

Looking forward to see Abeid, if he’s more than capable of replacing Sisokko.

• 103 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:44 AM

abied on the wing i’m not sure is a good move !

we have plenty available to play in that wing position now why stick a cm in a wing spot ?

• 104 Sgt. Heagerty // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Ilovetoon,

What are you 12? I don’t need to learn anything, I respect everybody views, pro pards, anti pards, I don’t care, all I care about is the black and white…. It bothers me when people take there opinions to the extreme of trashing a persons whole life if they are genuinely tying to help newcastle united get back to the top…. I don’t need your advice, don’t need your approval over my service in Iraq, and I don’t need you telling me what to say on a blog I’ve been comig to for going on 8 seasons now… Piss off!!!

• 105 Sgt. Heagerty // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:52 AM

Ilovetoon,

The fact the first thing you said about my 8 paragraph comment was about my service in Iraq apparently you do have a problem with it… So do us both a favor and talk to somebody else because you and I will never cool

• 106 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:53 AM

@Sgt. Heagerty // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Yawns. Grow up.. ”i respect everybody’s views.” followed by ”it bothers me when opnions are taken to extreme.” followed by ”piss off. i dont need u telling me….”

post full of contradictions. sort yourself out and learn how to respect others.. all the best to you.

• 107 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:54 AM

Saylor at rb, mbiwa in the middle

• 108 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 5:59 AM

haidara looking good.

but we are playing 4 centre mids in midfield? colback anita abeid de jong. no width?

• 109 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Mehdi has been looking to be on the ball a bit. He’ll be confident after his loan stint in Greece. For a while anyway…

• 110 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Taylor isn’t at right back. We are playing 3 at the back.mbwiwa, Collo and Saylor.. Anita playiing wide right and Haidara the left.

• 111 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:12 AM

@110

That makes sense. Seems like it’s 5-3-2

• 112 IITianToon // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:15 AM

I think we are playing 3-5-2..

• 113 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:16 AM

————Eliot
    —Saylor—-Collo—-mbiwa
    Anita————————Haidara
    ———-abeid——-colback
    ——–Goufron
    ——————-Siemens
    ——————–riviera

• 114 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Predictive text….you know who I mean!

• 115 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:18 AM

@clint

Atleast it wasn’t spelled semen.

• 116 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Pmsl

• 117 IITianToon // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Saylor carries the ball forward rather aimlessly..

• 118 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Thank god this is pre season. Why pardew can’t see his 5-3-2 can never work.

• 119 g.s.tooner // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Everything thats been said on the blog last week or so being justified.

Riviere showing some nice touches and link up play but showing he is not a lone striker. Needs some support.

We need a target man in the box, there have been some great balls in there which we couldnt convert.

YMB still showing no skill or class, poor game with dinosaur tactics.

Despite this new signings showing promise! SDJ looking brilliant. All over the pitch, clever with the ball, great vision. Colback with some great set pieces, solid on the ball, riviere looking quick and sharp.

So we still know exactly what we knew at the start. Good steps but need more signings. A CB for YMB, Striker for support. Anything else is a bonus.

• 120 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Siem limping off.

• 121 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Siem just limped off.

• 122 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:24 AM

I doubt he’s injured

• 123 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:24 AM

They’ve looked more dangerous in final third. 7 shots to our 3.

• 124 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Perez on for siem

• 125 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Mehdi clutching his knee now.

• 126 colwell // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:26 AM

FFS we are dropping like flies

• 127 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:27 AM

Where have they got this commentator from. Has he done any research or even watched a game befor?

• 128 swemag // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:27 AM

Was just going to say Abeid is a keeper. Now he is down as well…
    Has looked good on the ball so far.

• 129 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:28 AM

I wonder why pardew keeps on trying his 5-3-2. We look so poor in it.

• 130 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Gouffran header. 1-0

• 131 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Gouffran is really a quality player. Always the most dangerous in the box last season.

• 132 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Get in.
    Goufron header. After a good 5 mins of pressure

• 133 baro9 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:32 AM

goooallllll!!!!!!!!!! yoann GOUFFRAN!!!!!!!!!!

• 134 expatmag // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Wellington arent a bad side and have some quality young players. Ernie Merrick is also an exellent coach and likes to attack. They also have good pace up front. Wont be anywhere as easy as Sydney.

• 135 swemag // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Goal…nice shot from Perez as well before that. Nice to see Perez playing.

• 136 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Have we gone back to 4 across the back?

• 137 swemag // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:35 AM

What’s up with Williamson? Not even on the bench. Injury?

• 138 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:36 AM

4-2-3-1

• 139 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Colback is looking a very good buy. IMO

• 140 swemag // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Perez is class.

• 141 colwell // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Perez looks good

• 142 baro9 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Ayoze is some player!!!!!

• 143 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:39 AM

I’m surprised that colback is left footed. Or is he 2 footed?

• 144 TheToonKing // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Hope Siem is not serious , we’re playing good. Riviere is showing some great hold-up play and flicks.

• 145 baro9 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Yes Colback is a great player!!!!!!! EPL established! Young and he is a Geordie!

Shame he didn’t put that one away….

• 146 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:40 AM

I’ve seen nothing impressive of ayoze so far. But I’m excited to see Rodolfo Aarons! Our Ronaldo!

• 147 NUFCJackW // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Not sure if im the only one impressed with riviere at the moment.

• 148 swemag // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:42 AM

Colback 2-0. Should have been. Can’t wait to see more of Perez. Good business that.

• 149 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:45 AM

colback has got to be one of the first names on the teamsheet tbh !

not only impressive defensively but he adds to attack and his set pieces are something we have been missing for a hell of a long time.

mbiwa still making a fair few mistakes so maybe i was wrong and pards is right to stick him wider or pick saylor/williamson ahead of him at cb.

and ye impressed with perez not so much with river atm.
    and ofc siem who is a hell of a lot better than cabaye in that role imo.

• 150 JDdubai // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM

First half…

MYM – Im a big fan but he was pretty awful that half, fouls, losing the ball.
    Riviere – Hold up play ok, he isnt our 15-20 goal striker though I feel, more of a link up player, not sure how sharp he looks though obv give him a full preseason before judging.
    SDJ – Very good before going off, top player.

Think when you add in Janmaat, Sissoko, Tiote, Cabella we will be ok, need the known CF and CB though to tighten up and then maybe another playmaker then should be set.

• 151 swemag // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Riviere, big, strong and fast. Will cause trouble for any defense.

• 152 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Neither Saylor or mbiwa fill me with confidence. The defence needs some serious work on it, whether new personnel or training/instruction.

• 153 petey // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Hope vuckic gets another run…. If he doesn’t make an impact this season then I don’t think he ever will…. He is already 21 and this should be the time he starts to show what he is all about

• 154 Ginger // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Didn’t like the constant change in formation in the first half. Hopefully we get rid of that in the second. We were leaving gaps everywhere.

• 155 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Aaron’s on for abeid for second half

• 156 baro9 // Jul 26, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Rolando AArons is on!!!!!!!!

• 157 colwell // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Aarons could be our Sterling quick.skillful,direct

• 158 jimmysmith // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:03 AM

………………………………….Krul

Jaanmat………..Taylor ………………Colo…………Santon

………………………….Colback……Tiote….

……..Sissoko………………..DeJong……………Cabella

……………………………………Cisse

Upgrades on Tubby Taylor and Piece of Papisse required, although both of those players are good and will get games.

Rivière and Gouffran pushing Sissoko and Cabella for spots wide in a front 3, and ideally Grenier to add creative competition in midfield. That’s a top six side and squad for mine.

• 159 swemag // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Aarons…wow…awesome to see a guy who just knows he is faster than any defender he will ever face.

• 160 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:07 AM

I am quickly going off mbiwa. Whether he is or is not a right back, his desision making and positional sense is awful.

• 161 TheToonKing // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:08 AM

Anita is poor. I think it’s about time we consider him a semi-bust..

• 162 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Satka looks ridiculously skinny. How is he a centre back?

• 163 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Anita has looked very weak, agreed. abeid going off has weakened the central two.

• 164 colwell // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Perez is a very classy player

• 165 petey // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I’ve been a bit out of touch with the pre season… Can anyone tell me what those shoulder pads are all about? And some players have bulges on their back?

• 166 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:16 AM

We have a gem in Orlando aarons.

• 167 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:17 AM

Rolando aarons is lighting fast and so direct. He’ll scare a good amount of premier league no doubt!

I think we got gem in our hands!

• 168 Sliema // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:17 AM

I thought Perez looked immense (albeit for 30 minutes) against Sydney! Nobody else seemed to agree with me. 😛

Perez is going to be great.

• 169 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Petey…they are performance detectors. Monitor distance run, heartbeat etc…Rugby union have been using them for a while now

• 170 petey // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM

@clinath@ed any idea if they gonna use them in the league? They look a bit bulky to me…

• 171 ilovetoon8788 // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:22 AM

How did dummett get ahead of haidara last season? What was pardew thinking.

• 172 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Don’t know Petey, asked same question last week.
    I’m sure if rugby players can put up with them, footballers should manage.

• 173 TheToonKing // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:27 AM

they won’t use them in official games.

• 174 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:28 AM

I have never been sailors biggest fan. But his arrogance and casualness is gonna cost us this season. His ego must be immense.

• 175 petey // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Maybe strap done go pros on their shoulders :-)

• 176 swemag // Jul 26, 2014 at 7:32 AM

As always in friendlies, first 60 minutes are good. Now the team is a bunch of kids, nothing to do with the first team. Anyway, some good youngsters out there.

previous post: The Penny Has Dropped – Newcastle Now More Ambitious